Speaker 1: You're listening to a MoMA Mia podcast. Mama Mia acknowledges the traditional owners of land and waters that this podcast is recorded on. Whoever said orange is a new pink was seriously disturbed. Laurels was spraying groundbreaking, Oh my god, you have to do it. You live for fashion. Hello, and welcome to Nothing to Wear the podcast. It solves fashion problems and levels up your wardrobe. I'm Lee Campbellon every week I chat to an expert who helps us get more out of the clothes we already own, and today we're doing just that. So have you ever wondered or wish that you were fancy and rich enough to have clothes that fit you perfectly? Have you ever wondered how the celebrities always look so flawless? And have you ever wanted to sew Drake into a pair of pants? Well, my expert today has done all of that. She knows everything, So let me read you this. CV Hailey Burton has worked with celebrities. She's styled Pink, Rihanna, Ariana Grande, Drake, Justin Bieber, and Taylor Swift. I mean, she's way too humble to say all that. That's why I'm here so today we're going to talk about what it's like to style celebrities of that caliber, what goes on behind the scenes. She also does a lot of reality TV styling, but more than that, she's a seam stressed in a tailor, and we're going to talk about us, the regular people that aren't on stage in leotards. And she's got some amazing tips and tricks for our existing clothes, little tweaks that will make them look a million bucks. She's got so many wonderful hacks. So let's get into it. Hayley, Welcome to Nothing to Wear. Thank you for having me. I'm very excited to talk about the things they're going to discuss because you've got a lot of experience. But first, new guests have to answer two questions before they're allowed officially to proceed. Can you describe your style in three words?
Speaker 2: I would have to say, today doesn't reflect. I'm normally colorful. I always wear a lot of color. Today doesn't reflect.
Speaker 1: That's the color. The many statement.
Speaker 2: I love prince I love bold prince color, and probably effortless as well, like something that you can easily throw on because I'm always working with people and dressing them yeah, I kind of don't put much into myself, so like an efforless And is.
Speaker 1: That because you also have to get like down and pin and like you're actually moving around a pretty much.
Speaker 2: You need to be able to get down and not flash. Yes, yeah, yeah, and just something easy and working and you don't have to think about what you're actually wearing.
Speaker 1: Yes, you've put it on and you can get to it. Yeah. All right, there's a theory that rings pretty true. So we've got a wardrobe of clothes. But within that wardrobe there's ten percent that we wear the most, that we reach for over and over that are just out tried and true. What would be in your ten percent?
Speaker 2: I would say sets. I'm very much a sets person. Then I don't have to think about actually putting a look together. Yeah, because it's pretty much top and a bottom. Yeah, you're ready to go and you look done as well. I'm short, so if I put on a block print on the bottom and then I just wear a coup plane colored top up the top, I get cut in half because I am so short, so it cuts my proportion. But if I wear the same thing up and down, yes, I don't get cut in half and I look taller than what's clever? If I foot one probably five.
Speaker 1: Foot in a bit, no talk to me and centimeters send meters one fifty five okay, I'm on sixty three that hell, but pretty much if I wear the same color the whole way through, all the same print the whole way through, I don't feel like I get cut in half. And is the set usually pants pants set? Yeah? For work, mainly pants set. Yeah. Then depending on what I'm doing, I will do a skirt and the top. Yeah, because I was gonna say, why not a Maxi dress, But I guess you can't work as easily as a Maxi.
Speaker 2: But if you get me on holidays and I'm in a Maxi dress twenty four to seven.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's your okay on the holidays. As well as jumpsuit, I'm a lover of a jumpsuit. My god, I'm the lover of the look of a jumpsuit. But I wee a lot. Oh okay, yeah, that's not practical. No. And you know when you're just sometimes in a bathroom and the ones particularly that you have to like fully describe and you're like, I'm naked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, definitely, And I have to tuck my sleeves in because otherwise your arms go flapping.
Speaker 1: Around or they drop in the toilets. I've done that. That happened to me a few weeks ago. Oh no, Yeah, I love the look. But I'm like, okay, is it a short lunch? How much water do I need? Okay? I like that there, that was quite a unique ten percent. Most people say jeans. I don't own a pair of jeans at all. Okay, we're going to get into that. Yeah, okay, we've put a lot to talk about. Okay, you're a very humble person. We were talking before we started recording, and you're like, oh no, just this that excuse me. You have worked with celebrities like Taylor. I love how there's no surnames written here. Taylor, Arianna, Rihanna Drake. You recently worked with Katie Perry on the Aussie tour. Yes, holy hell, I'm sure there's plenty of NDAs in place. And for people that don't know what that is, it's a non disclosure agreement. So thereby you sign it and then you can never talk about what happens. But can you pull the curtain back a bit? What's it like working with names like that.
Speaker 2: They are normal people, down to earth. They do expect a lot, and there is a lot of waiting around for those types of people. Yes, but I think I've been doing it for so long now that they're just like normal people. There are like you and I just got a job to do, just got a job to do. I get in there, I do what I've got to do, and I out pretty much, or you sit there for fifteen hours and sometimes you have to wait for people the life waited too am when they finally decided to do a fitting or so funny you.
Speaker 1: Say that one of those people on that list. Back in my Cosmo days when I was doing beauty, I was flown to interview one of those people and then they were too busy before the concert, fine waiting around after the concert, they don't want to do it. Then they flew me to another city and then I ended up interviewing them at two in the morning after that concert. I mean, it was very glamorous and I had no kids, and I was like, this is great, but yeah, I experienced that way.
Speaker 2: But even like it was funny. I didn't know who Drake was when I worked with him, being naive not knowing who celebrities are.
Speaker 1: How long wait? How long ago was this?
Speaker 2: Probably when he was here, not the most recent time he was here. I worked with him this time that he was here as well, but the previous time probably okay, five six years ago.
Speaker 1: Maye okay, And I just was cool. I like that, you don't I don't know. I didn't know who he was. I don't know who the ych he's fly broke and I literally this guy comes out to me goes, hey, love, my fly's broken. What can you do?
Speaker 2: So I'm standing there and I'm literally sewing him in, had my hands down his pants.
Speaker 1: Oh that sounds very wrong.
Speaker 2: And so I didn't the way it was like, well, he goes, what do you put that needle? And then literally he left and I was like and they're like, you do realize that was Drake?
Speaker 1: And like, oh, okay, No. I came home told all my friends that I worked and they're like, what do you mean? And oh my god, Yeah that's good because if that was me old oh got and probably made it and sewed him up for the Yeah, sowed him up for that concert. How do you get out of them? Did you have to cut him out? No, only as we were is one. Look, Oh god, man, have that's so easy. Okay. So, as I've said, you've been in the industry for years, not saying that you're old. It is very experienced. And I hear you're the go to on all sorts of TV shows as well. So we've got Maths, Love Island, the Voice Idol. How did you get into this industry? I kind of fell into it because I could sew.
Speaker 2: I was working for a designer and there was a stylist that used to come in. This is back in the day when stylists used to come in and loan product from stores. So going back a bit, internet wasn't as big as it is now.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that was me in magazines. We had to go to store to find it and then take it back. Ye worked in the store and we used to have styles coming all the time. She came in and she was like, can you babysit my child? Like this is it's such.
Speaker 2: A random way to get into these jobs. So I when the store or store and she goes, oh, can you babysit my chid? I've got to go to an eventuals the stylist for I think it was Vogue back in the day. She came home that night and I was sewing on the couch, literally staring, and she's like, can you sew? And I'm like yeah, and she said, can you come on set tomorrow for a Bonds campaign with Sarah Murdock and sow her into a garment. So I fell into it by doing something completely different, even though I was working for a designer at the stage. Yeah, I fell into it because I was at her house and she saw that I could sew, and then I started assisting her. But the way I fell into TV again, they needed the same stress on set, and I went in to actually do all the alterations or do some custom makes, and then I just worked my way up and now I run a lot of the departments for the TV shows.
Speaker 1: Okay, fascinating, And so can you tell me is that because you know, I guess, particularly reality TV, but even celebrities aren't all on size fits all and you get it a garment and it might not fit there, or that might be too long, or it needs nipping in here. And is that often done like the last minute before you start shooting?
Speaker 2: The thing is so last minute when it comes to like tailoring a garment, So a lot of the time you don't fit the artist or the talent until a day or if not, on the morning of the actual shoot. So sometimes I'd get caught in just to do alterations. But now as I do styling and like seem stress, I just jump in and I do it myself.
Speaker 1: It's just easier to fix it. Yeah, because it's one process, yes.
Speaker 2: Exactly, And I feel you understand the body more knowing that you can tailor the garment to their body because everyone's not a perfect size eight, which is not samples are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like I think, because yeah, even if you are in it, you could be heavier on the bottom or that is, or broad shoulders. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I've worked out as well, like if somebody is a size twelve but you want them to fit in the size eight, you just put a panel in and try and camouflage the garment, like.
Speaker 1: You just Yeah, if you've got one garment, you got to make it work. You can make it work. Yeah. I think outside the box is the way I look at you, the way we do things. That is so cool. Okay, So as you've kind of just alluded to, you can pretty much tailor anything and make a whole look. When you're sourcing pieces, what are you looking for? Is it fabrics, cuts, styles that can be changed? Like, what can you change? Nothing?
Speaker 2: I would never think outside the box. And that's why I've taught my assistants and my team as well. Whenever you're shopping. If you see something that you think might look good on stage, might look good in a shoot, think.
Speaker 1: Outside the box.
Speaker 2: If you're artists, you're dressing is a size twelve fourteen by two size eights. If you can't get the fourteen, yeah, we can do something. We can alter it, bring it together. We do with performance TV, it's completely different to other reality TV.
Speaker 1: Or a regular person getting dressed. Yeah, we always.
Speaker 2: Look for a performance piece. So it always has to be something that's going to be a performance piece that looks something like a bit different to what you normally wear.
Speaker 1: Or example like sparkles. I just think, yes, Sparkles, but as well, like I could do a dnim like what you've got on now and we just do a dimonte tremonit, or we add add some studs, or you can take some cool customs. Customs.
Speaker 2: So we do customize a lot, like on Australian Idol. Everything is pretty much customized, I have to say pretty much. I would say ninety percent of it. We customize all custom make rather than just go because online I feel like what's online it's everywhere, Yet it's everywhere, you can't get individual pieces and it's nothing unique. So it's always about customizing looks to make them a little bit special, a little bit elevated.
Speaker 1: So say a listener wanted to either find you, like a really amazing tailor or try something at home. What's like Dan and I can imagine would be easy to add some sparkles, like I wouldn't want to tailor leather or unless I mean it's expensive, like.
Speaker 2: It's hard, hard, and the problem with leather is they glue the seams down. So leather is hard. But you can customize it. Buy some diamondies, buy some studs. Good Spotlight has some great pieces, and patch.
Speaker 1: As well, Like I'm so into patches right.
Speaker 2: Now, just even fringing, and you can always you can double start it, tape it on. For one where underneath a pocket you've got a.
Speaker 1: Pocket flactice if you want it, if you like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so leather would work or even like you buy a pair of basic pants and you want to just add a stripe down the side.
Speaker 1: Which is very trendient.
Speaker 2: There's that iron on tem tape, like even for one where that you can do that for one where iron it on, get a piece of ribbon, get a piece of trim and put it down the side of a pant.
Speaker 1: I've got that tape because I have to take on my pants, as I imagine you would too. Hence sweet don't own jeans. But I never even thought of doing something like that.
Speaker 2: That's another option. Or you can stitch it down. It's just hard to get in there and stitch it. But the hem tape saves lives.
Speaker 1: I feel, gosh, I just thought of it as hem tape. Like you really do think outside the box, so you can do something with everything. It depends, I guess, on your skill set or someone that you know. Okay, so you're working on a new show or a new artist, So how does it work from the start. Is it collaborative? Do you pitch looks to them? Do they get to tell you what they want? Does it guessing? It depends on the level of their status.
Speaker 2: Depends on the talent as well, like for example, maths address one of the experts on the panel. She's come to me saying she wants to go for more of a tailored look this time around. She'd prefer a bit of a sleeve, so we work.
Speaker 1: On that regard. I come back.
Speaker 2: Then I present her with a bunch of looks in a mood board, and then I go from there, and then we do a fitting and I always throw in some random pieces that she wouldn't think to wear, which is great as well. But then because you've got the eye and I guess you don't have the maybe body hang ups or whatever, and you just think, just try it. And oftentimes when they just try it.
Speaker 1: Just try.
Speaker 2: And that's why I say to everyone, I'm always like, if you see something on the shelf, always try it on.
Speaker 1: I always try it on if you're intrigued.
Speaker 2: And then with music artists, like I work with another music artist with her, we get a creative depending on what she's doing, we get a creative treatment. So I try and see what colors are in the creative treatment. And then I do a lot of customs for her in particular.
Speaker 1: And is that for like performing on stage, forming.
Speaker 2: On stage, But then also she does pieces to camera. Yeah, a lot of medium stuff, so depending on what it is.
Speaker 1: A lot of that is style.
Speaker 2: But then the performance pieces, we try and do something different and customize pieces or make from scratch.
Speaker 1: It's like you do dress up for adults. Yes, it's fun, it's lots of fun. Oh my god, I love it. Okay, And so yeah, it's collaborative, but I guess it depends on what they're going to be doing. Yes, we always think we look completely different when we look at videos or photos of ourselves. Welcome to podcasts, now being podcasts are there's some industry tips for getting dressed for the camera. I mean, look, most listeners are just doing daycare drop off or going to the office or maybe going to a lunch. But it's true in that Like for me, like my hair is short and dark now, and I have so many black winter tops, but it just makes me look like a bubblehead. If I've got dark hair and a black top. I look in photos and go, oh, you can only just see my face. Like, do you have tips for when you are perhaps making memories, you're going to a lunch or a wedding or whatever.
Speaker 2: I do always say color, like I feel color lifts anyone. And if you look good, you feel good inside.
Speaker 1: So true. So I always do say color.
Speaker 2: I'm not wearing color today, but normally I am like a colorful ball, and I always feel really good. And the amount of comments you get when you hear color, I feel like I always get whenever I have color on. Someone always comments on what I'm wearing, no matter what it is. So I feel colors are big.
Speaker 1: It does lift your mood. I'm sure of it. Definitely. Okay, So yeah, I particularly if you're taking photos or whatever it is, think about that and think about your background as well.
Speaker 2: So what are you sitting in if you're sitting in a dark set, Yeah, dark room, when you're doing these podcasts or whatever you're doing. Yeah, just think about that color. But then if it's very light, then you can wear darker tones. Like think of the couch that you're sitting on. That's one thing on maths, we always have to see the couch that they're sitting on that don't blend into the couch and their mobile heads pretty much.
Speaker 1: That's happened to me in the other studio. I mean, we've got beautiful couches, but I was wearing like a beigey thing and I just looked like the couch with the head. Oh okay, that's interesting. Okay, what's the biggest backstage styling disaster you've seen and how did you fix it? Was it Drakes Fly? I mean that's pretty Yeah, it probably would have been that. Yeah, because about to go on and the lot of like malfunctions. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was over in the UK with Pink and we're doing a rehearsal.
Speaker 1: This wasn't live.
Speaker 2: It was like a rehearsal and we had a new leotard on her and it was when she bungee drops from the sky and the zipper broke on her leotard and it was zipping from it was from the center back of just above her bottom to the neck. But it just she went bungee jumped down and it just turned and they're like cut.
Speaker 1: And we literally went no, she just kind of came forward. But the next thing was she was twisting around, so she just had to completely she was just bobbling up and down. You're literally like engineering a body seat or something like. That's the thing.
Speaker 2: And same with her with her mic packs because she has to sing and mic packs have to go on a certain.
Speaker 1: Spot on a kind of seal and because she does the silks as well, so it's working around engineering ful artists are doing. Oh my god, we occasionally do filming here. I have to have like a mic pack at the back end lapel and I thought that was hard. Put her on your bra and I'm like, it's pulling my bra off.
Speaker 2: And then on idle like they've got two mic packs because they've got a lapel mic so they can hear them. And then they got the ears for singing, and it's like how do we hide them so then they're not seen and they look like they've got a big hump on the back of end.
Speaker 1: Sometimes when I watch the Kardashians, I'm like, oh, they won't want to film the back because it's just like this big yeah.
Speaker 2: But then some artists like the mic pack out because then it's like it's real reality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's like it's there. Yeah, so they prefer to have it out. Oh my god. Yeah, I bet zippers are the bainer. Always zippers. And actually I'm just have to ask you. I have a bus sipper. Is it true that you can run a pencil along?
Speaker 2: It depends what's is it just not sliding. I don't know a lead pencil will make it. It's like a dual waxed candle as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't waitit time and do that. Okay. Aside from celebrities, which is fascinating, God, I feel like you could tell some stories. You also style everyday women, yes, which is refreshing because we don't always want to wear leotards and sequins, but you do all strapes and sizes. So what are some common stylings we all run into or that your clients come to you with.
Speaker 2: They want a basic like they want a rotating wardrobe, so pretty um, an interchangeable wardrobe that they can wear the same pants with different tops, like have ten key pieces, ten key looks.
Speaker 1: That they so you're basically helping them find that ten percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much that they can wear, whether to work, whether to a lunch, kids.
Speaker 1: Drop off, or so forth.
Speaker 2: So it's a matter of finding funny your colors as well, like finding what colors are good for you, whether your warm colors, cool colors, and then interchanging that interclothing, what part of the body's most flattering where we isolate the waist. It's always good too with proportions of body, you do one third two thirds, so never cut yourself in half, so always one third at the top.
Speaker 1: So like for example, high wasted pants, that count as the two thirds. Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 2: So just don't cut yourself in half because then you look like a blob.
Speaker 1: So it's clever no matter what. Yeah, yeah, something we learn at college. This is going back. I think I do something hi acts, yeah, because I wear a lot of highway wasted. But then I might do like a when winter, a maxi skit, but with a long knit that's almost down there. So that's my two thirds one third.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I try and work on those proportions because eye then can go there and you look longer, is the way?
Speaker 1: Wow? That Yeah. And when they're trying to, you know, help you find their colors, then do you kind of try and buy in the same color family so that you're not trying to mix like your reds with your green with your coal bot.
Speaker 2: So then you find the color family and then you work in tones of that. So if it's a red, then you go to your pink tones, then you go to your orange jones.
Speaker 1: But you stay away from like, yeah, anything that won't match, because then you can't. That's my problem. I love too many things, but then I can't put it all together. So for the everyday person, tailoring exists too. We can do things ourselves. We can take them to a tailor. What can that do for us? You know, we've got a really great pair of affordable jeans. Is it worth getting them tailored?
Speaker 2: It is if they're a great gene and they fit you, because I find a lot of women have smaller waists and bigger hips, so we always go upper size in jeans or in pants, so we have to take in the waist on the pan. I think it's an investment than wearing a belt and having all that excess fabric which will make you look thicker through the waist.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're annoying when you do U ease like me all the time you got under the belt, so I think it's good.
Speaker 2: And then always your hair, like I feel a hem on a pant like you see all these girls walking around their pants are either on the ground or the too shorts, So I feel.
Speaker 1: Because we want them to go with heels and flat Yeah, no, definitely.
Speaker 2: So it's it's like you can do the cropped pant, then with the heel, yeah, but I just feel tailoring a garment can change your life and change the whole way that you actually look.
Speaker 1: And I think also because I've used to be have the mentality it's affordable garment. I don't want to pay to then get it tailored, but then to get at tailored makes it look more expensive, fits me better, I'm going to wear it more, so it's actually worth it. It's actually worth it. Then having three pairs of affordable pants that don't all fit, you know, perfectly.
Speaker 2: Most of way one and then invests them extra money. Yeah, garment tailored.
Speaker 1: Okay, so obviously we can't clone you. I wish we could. But how do we find a taylor? You know there's those ones that's sort of the dry cleaner that does a bit of tailoring. How do you know if a tailor's good or do you just give it a go? You have to give it a go.
Speaker 2: I know that there's all the little tailoring places in the Westfield shopping centers.
Speaker 1: They're quite expended. It's fine, I will pay for their expertise. But I had to have some pants done next day recently and I was like, oh, yeah, it's not cheap, but it does take.
Speaker 2: But then if you can find like I've noticed on Facebook pages, on the marketplace, the local marketplace, people have gone, are there any seamstresses in the area, So you might have a mom sitting at home that yused to be able to sew.
Speaker 1: My mum had that and on Wednesdays after school we would go and drop we were to her house. We'd try things on. Yes, so look on marketplace, a marketplace, because there's always somebody that can sow very it's a dying art I feel now, But there's somebody that's sitting at home that's possibly got a baby.
Speaker 2: And they can tailor it. Like just I know where my mum lives. I've seen some things on there. Is there anyone in the area you've changed it? Like I know that the other places are quite expensive. Or there is a little dry cleaner that does little hands on the side which is not too expensive.
Speaker 1: So I would have a look on marketplace.
Speaker 2: Just put a thing up there saying is there anyone in the area that.
Speaker 1: Or like I'm in my local group on face I could ask.
Speaker 2: In there because I find too. Another thing is wedding alterations. I do a lot of wedding alterations. Because I find charge got a lot to do. They do, yeah, I do very random, but I find they charge ten percent of what the dress cost. I feel dress is fifteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: You say anything wedding related, I look back. I saw a post again on Facebook the other day about the cost of getting the dresses dry claned, and I forgot I did that part. I then luckily sold it. But I outrageous, ridiculous. No, I'm like, how can you charge fifteen hundred dollars to get a hem taken up? It's yeah, So I also, if you're paying fifteen thousand dollars for dress, you'd want to hope it fits like exactly. But a lot of these places now outsource their alterations and they charge ten percent to what it is.
Speaker 2: So I think it's about shopping around, asking friends where they've had things, everyone's having, ask inmates, Yeah, and then the marketplace and whats doable? Like obviously we can have a pants taken up, but like, say we've got a blazer that we really like the look of, Like can we like get that tailored? We can get the tailor so you can take like just say it's a boxy blazer, take in the back seams, which is quite a simple alteration. A lot of problems people have. Two is the arms are too long, which.
Speaker 1: They always say, it's very hard. But if you lift it from the shoulder, don't lift it where all the detail is where the beautiful buttons. So the buttons.
Speaker 2: Everyone tries to lift it from down there and then you lose your buttons. But if it's a decent blazer like still Wittery Zara, you'll be able to lift it from the shoulder. Like I know, I've altered some channels for one of my client and they leave enough space in there to lift it from the shoulder right.
Speaker 1: And when you say enough spaces, their fabric or something. There's fabric in there.
Speaker 2: So they leave a seam all oance on the side, which is like a four centimeter of seam allouance rather than a one point two five semlutce. So you can take the shoulder out to bring it up and the lining, all the lining all comes up. So that's a much cheaper alteration than taking the buttons off, resetting the bucks. So I would highly recommend that.
Speaker 1: If there's a blazer that you absolutely love and like, maybe you want it more interest at the way. Yeah, you can.
Speaker 2: Definitely take that in through the seams, and you can even take it up. It's a much more expensive alteration lifting it up if you want it shorter, but if you just need a bit of fit in there, because to boxing, you take it through the side seams. There's normally two darts down the center back that you can just take it in, and the smallest little two centimeters on each side will really zip it in.
Speaker 1: Okay. I have a friend who's a tailor that I go to occasionally, but I don't want to think I just go there all the time because she gives me a good price. But the other day I had some pants done and they were a balloon pant, not a jean, but a balloon pant. But I liked how they went on me. But of course I have to get everything taken up. So she did like something else thinging a little tuck on the side. Yeah, it was so good. And then she said do you wear them really high waisted all down there? And I was like, I don't know, And so then she added another extra, just one of those little clippy things so I can wear it a bit higher or lower. It's great. So you got the two I waits to wear it have known that that was a thing. Yeah, it's like a little hook yeah yeah, yeah, I mean and if I wear it a bit whier you can see but it's like she used a black metal on black pants. You can't even see it pants. Yeah, that's such a good. So there's it's not just kidding what your pant's taken up. Now, there's so much you can do. Okay, oh my god, I want you to go through my wardrobe. So talking on tailoring and style regular women, is there like a tip or something that we all seem to get wrong, or a tailoring trick or something that we could all benefit from.
Speaker 2: I just think the one that gets everyone is the waist on pants and then they fall down and then don't sit appropriately.
Speaker 1: God, did you look at my pants when you walk to night down? Well they are well yeah, anyway.
Speaker 2: But I just feel that's one thing I just find women were hippier I feel, and have bigger bottoms, yes, and a small waist waist, and so I think that's a major one that people can benefit from, is bring in the waist, even if it's just literally two darts down the back, it's not like changing, like it's not cinching, and it's literally yeah, because you know, also, and then I put my phone in my pocket, my work past, and then and then my pants off, yes, not off, but like off from where I want it to sit exactly.
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, I've never had a pair of pants that fit probably well one also never thought to do that. Yeah, I just think it's like I sometimes I cheat and I just do two darts down the back because as well, women fluctuate. I feel like we fluctu right away. So that's why I think I'm scared to do it, because I'm I'm like, well, what if you know I've got endo and the week for my period, I just want to die. And yeah, yeah, but it's so subtle.
Speaker 2: You can just do two little darts down the back, which take probably someone five seconds, so they shouldn't charge you a fortune either, and then they can be easily unpicked for them to come out.
Speaker 1: So that's what I'm going to Literally I'm gonna see if I can do it myself. You probably can.
Speaker 2: It's like you can even just fold it over at the top and just catch it at the top like two centimeters and that.
Speaker 1: Will be enough. To hold it up.
Speaker 2: And if you've got a long top one like what you've got on now, always the center back of it and then you can just cut it open.
Speaker 1: You know, you spare time, you should do some YouTube to tourist. One more question before bougie and budget life's expensive clothes are expensive, do you in your journey, either through dressing you know people on idle, on maths or your real life customers have any recommendations for looking expensive or looking tailored, or just great places that aren't exorbitantly expensive. So I don't like to spend a lot of money on clothes yourself. For myself cool, this is great and because you can tailor, because I can tailor.
Speaker 2: And if I see something, I see how to make it and I'm like, I don't think that's.
Speaker 1: Worth the price, because you're like, that's not made. I invest in a good piece. Probably every season I invest in a good item. But as well, like I feel like your Zara is doing great, I wouldn't say a great replicas of designer items. Chic is another one that people forget about, Like I just stop back into Chic too.
Speaker 2: They do a great tailoring, they do amazing the quality is great, and the fit like they make for like, they don't make few typical size that girl. They make for a girl with hips, make a girl with boobs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm Cuba two now recently the quality is good and yeah, quality it's great. It fits my bits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely those brands. But you don't need to spend a fortune to look good like I just like, even I've got friends that shop. It came out and I looked at them and I'm like, where's came up? Quality may not be as good, but they're still doing the styles. Honestly, I know for women that like, you can't afford it, you've got kids, you've got school FeAs, you've got food, and like you say, a lot of expensive brands like they might they're like size six to fourteen exactly.
Speaker 1: That's ridiculous. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Oh my god. That makes me feel so good because I thought you I just assumed. You know, I'm not seeing I'm not.
Speaker 2: If I see a piece, I'll inventt I call an investment. I'll invest in a good.
Speaker 1: Piece from it, but you know, assessing it from equality and workmanship.
Speaker 2: Yes, and if I can get long Jeopardy out of two, if it's not seasonal, because I hate spending money on pieces that I'm not.
Speaker 1: Going to be able to wear for a few years. I love it. I invest in a piece. It's very expensive. How old are these twenty five percent? That brings us to bougie and budget because I want you to start with your bougie and the story behind it.
Speaker 2: My bougie. I bought a Camilla and Mark trench. It's not it's expensive, but it's not. It's expensive for.
Speaker 1: A trench I feel, but it's an investment. It's an investment. It's timeless.
Speaker 2: It's a black trench that's classic that they've done for I think the last five years, and I've been seeing it and I had one from Zara, I had one from coz but I just love the Camilla re Mark. So I invested in that piece. Okay, it's timeless and you have to tailor it. No, I went down to size because that was a good tip a bit. I can still fit a jump, made sure I could still fit Nick down underneath it. But I went down a size because I am shorter.
Speaker 1: So they're quite oversized, quite over their eyes. They're generous sizing, but then they've got the oversized look. So you can. Yeah, so I went down to size for that. Well that's it, Like that's sort of tailing. Ignore the label and just try them on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I just, yeah, I don't look at with me when I dress myself, I don't look at the sizes on things.
Speaker 1: I wear what fits my body. Yeah, a lot of people are driven by the label on the clothing, but I think particularly when you're online shopping, but sometimes you know, that's why when I can get to the stores, I love it. So I'll grab a few bunch of things are like oversized, but yeah, I just go, oh, and that's kind of a the size is a byproduct, but I try. Yeah, it's hard on. Okay, my bougie's kind of a tip. So I've got two options. And this is for my tall girls because Stacy here at Mamo Mia she is amazing and she's tall and she's always saying, Lee, help me pants help. Whereas short girls, we have to get our pants second up, but at least all the pants fit us. So I've brought two styles of this jeans and a tip. I bought a Kmart version. It is the Kmart cuff hem jean. They're thirty dollars, or there's a cause version that's much more expensive. But you know how that like wide leg, they're usually quite an indigo color and then it's a cuff like cuffed up so you can take the hem down. Yes, most of them, I mean obviously check before you buy back. Most of them are full fold of denim. And I've seen my tall friends then just unpick it. Oh that's perfect, and then they've got long jeans because oftentimes the long brands are really expensive and like we say, you know, we might want to get the Kmart one and you uncuff it. So I thought I would share that for my tall girls that it's kind of a bit of DIY tailoring because it'll still be full length but cuffed. But then if you well on I guess at an average hype person. But then if you just undo it, you've got long pants. That's such a great ideas. I thought I should pay it back because I'm always wondering about getting things up. Take caken up, what's your budget budget? I went for a camel trench because I was thought, oh, it's got your black teach, it got my black one. But then there was a great one at Zara and it was on sale. It was like one hundred and nineteen dollars.
Speaker 2: I think it's still online now, but that one I had to take the HEM up, so I didn't mind because I hadn't invested so much money in it. Yeah, I was quite happy to take the HEM up because it did come to the ground. So people that aren't super tall can even hem coats like I never thought of can definitely, and you can, like you can do it properly, like you can get a proper tailor to do it. But then if it's you can just churn it up and literally slip stitch it the whole way. Okay, like nobody sees the inside of the garden soon. If you can do a basic stitch, you can sew a button on, you can do a basic m just flip it.
Speaker 1: Everyone can learn to do a base. Everyone can do a basic stitch. So I did it properly, but I have in that past, you've done a quick version. So he took up a trench. That's also clever. All right. My budget again is kind of a bit general, but it's something that I did the other day which I loved. I have a bunch of boxy blazers and I mean, I have a bunch of everything. But then I'm really into my barrel eggs at the moment. And then I put on a boxy blazer and I was like, oh, this is a bit much too much. I was overwhelmed by too much fabric. I grabbed one of my husband's tie, so it was a navy blazer. I grabbed my one of my husband's ties. Sorry, honey, you're probably still looking for it. And I kind of did a cool tie thing and cinched it in. That's such a great It looked so cool. So now I've taken his burgundy. He's black. He doesn't have a beige tie. I guess page is not that popular, but go to a thrift store and buy men's ties if you want to sinch something in. I mean, I could have used a regular, I guess, leather belt. But also I just wanted it to I wanted to stop it exactly where I wanted to stop, and I wanted it to not make too much statements. So because it was a yeah, it kind of just didn't really you couldn't see it much, but it gave me a good cinch. Oh, that's such a good idea, And that's going to pop a color if you've got Yeah, well I was thinking, well, I mean I'm scared of color. But if I could do a cool contrast, like I was thinking, I could do the navy tie with a black blazer. Yeah, that would be great, risky and it's a nice You've got the fin edge and then you've got the white. Yes, and he had a few of the needed ones. And obviously fashion at the moment, a lot of women are wearing ties, but that's another way to wear it. It's just kind of sinch something in, especially if it's a blazer or something that's a bit too oversized with the proportions. Do you like my tailoring? I like that idea. Thank you my hihiring without Yeah, definitely next time you need to do dregs. If I'm there, you're phenomenal. Congratulations on all your success and all your skills. Like if I were you, I'd be like a I sucked in everyone. It's going to take everyone's jobs, but they can't take your flower. They can't take man. Thank you so much for listening or watching. If you're on YouTube and head over to Instagram, our handle is nothing to wear pod and let us know what you think see you next week.