Speaker 1: You're listening to a MoMA Mia podcast.
Speaker 2: Mama Mia acknowledges the traditional owners of land and waters that this podcast is recorded on Hi Friends, it's Lee here. Did you know I sometimes do a little challenge called make it Effort Monday. I just like to make a bit more of an effort with my appearance on a Monday, so it's not so boring and bleak. And I thought you might want to listen to this episode if you also want to make an effort on Monday, if not only with your outfit, but with your face as well.
Speaker 1: Makeup is my therapy.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm obsessed and I don't even feel guilty a body. Hello, and welcome to you Beauty the Daily podcast for your Face. I'm Lee Campbell.
Speaker 1: I'm killing mccarm way.
Speaker 2: You being weird because it's the end of the financial risk.
Speaker 1: That just means we've got paperwork to do.
Speaker 2: Yes. No, you get your tax returned. You get to spend it on beauty products because it's free money.
Speaker 3: My accountant sucks. I never get anything back. My accountant is my mother. Ah, I always have to pay more money not and.
Speaker 2: Then you probably give her her favorite locks of time that I don't like to do that. I feel like the middle of the y is depressing enough. Doing a taxi turns bad. But then someone get money, true and it feels free, even though it's not.
Speaker 3: My sister got audited last year. She did not get money.
Speaker 1: It was terrified.
Speaker 2: I got audited two years ago.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't even like. I just don't know people that get audited. Well I did, and it was all by the book.
Speaker 2: And then I went off and bought myself a bronze of from Mecca to reward my Oh yes, okay, so on Mondays not tex Tips. Yeah, this is not a financial podcast named Goald, although Kelly does a very good Kelly math from time to.
Speaker 1: The confusion that I just looked at you.
Speaker 2: I think I've got some Kelly math in another episode coming up soon. But you ask us questions, we answer them, so ubies, if you have something you want to ask us, you can email you beauty at mamamea dot com dot are you. You can hit us up on Instagram or Kelly and I personally on our instagraboom and we passed it on to the producer. We have a good old chat and we hope that our answers. Help you.
Speaker 1: I couldn't help, but Wonder asked me anything.
Speaker 2: You ask plenty questions. So what am I doing today? Kell?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: So later on the episode, we do have a question from a ub who wants to know if she needs to be mixing things up as she gets closer to a milestone birthday. But first Cassidy wrote to us beauty question, is seasonal perfume switching actually necessary? I've always won the exact same cent year round, but friends say my perfume is too heavy for summer. Should I be investing in different fragrances for winter and summer?
Speaker 1: Or is this just clever marketing?
Speaker 3: Who's going to tell Cassidy that her friends just can't deal with her fragrance in summer?
Speaker 2: Maybe it's the fragrance. No, I've got a lot to say here, Cassidy. It's not necessary. Nothing is necessary.
Speaker 1: It's not but there are caveats to that, as always.
Speaker 2: Like when Kelly and I met. If you're new here, Mayas sourced Kelly to trial for your beauty and at first I thought she was a bit mark.
Speaker 1: A lot of people do well.
Speaker 2: Then you wrote an email saying so I was really excited Anyway, we got Kelly on. She was amazing. We were on the show and for the first two months you were marinating and whatever fragrance you wore, and we were recording in an actual cupboard at that time, and I couldn't concentrate as out of migraine because Kelly wore too much. So Cassidy, you might be using too much of your fragrance, but no, you can wear the same scent all day round. I have always had a strange kind of admiration and jealousy for women that have found their signature scent and that they wear it year after year. And I've got some friends that I think of immediately. However, I love fragrance so much, and in this job I have a fragrance wardrobe as opposed to a signature scent. But if you've got a signature cent, wear it.
Speaker 1: I completely agree with you.
Speaker 3: But I do think, especially if your friends are saying something, that it's probably not the sort of fragrance that can be a signature scent. I think a fragrance your signature scent. Fragrance cannot be overly strong. I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't agree it's your signature sent.
Speaker 3: I know but if you're wearing like something really heady in the middle of summer during the day, I just think I do agree with her friends that it's just.
Speaker 2: Like it feels like you're wearing a bikini in the snow.
Speaker 3: Literally, yeah, same thing if you're wearing I mean, I don't think. I think you can wear something lighter in the winter more so.
Speaker 1: But I remember I wore Oh.
Speaker 3: My goodness, I have such a good example Georgio Armani c I took it to Bali.
Speaker 1: Why it is perfect?
Speaker 3: Still, Look, fragrance is so heavy, but it's an intense You need something light, fruity, floral.
Speaker 2: No, you don't need you know what you need to go to Barli, your passport. You can wear any fragrance you want.
Speaker 3: Obviously, But this she's asking because her friends have said something so obviously her.
Speaker 2: Cassidy, this is impossible. I need to know your sense, yes, sir, I'd love to know.
Speaker 1: She's like, it's do your poison? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or if it's like terry, mugular, alien or al or just not nice, No, that's listen. You might be wearing an edy p version, which is a strong version. They might be an eddy t. You might be able to get a body lotion version you know how can get those gift sets, particularly at Christmas. You might be wearing too much.
Speaker 1: One spray they do if it's light, they might not even like it.
Speaker 2: But I'm like you. I like heady, woody, masculine fragrances. I do like my white flowers in summer, like we're very much a jasmine. But I wear whatever I want, and I put on my fragrance. I have put on my clothes depending what my mood is, and so I will wear a really heady fragrance in the middle of summer.
Speaker 1: Would you to the beach though.
Speaker 2: I guess that's what no one wears, fragrance of the beach. I do what not an alcohol in it?
Speaker 1: Not like a groin tea or something.
Speaker 3: I completely agree with you, but I think we're thinking too broadly.
Speaker 2: Let's think more niche is. Cassidy has a signature. I know how she's wearing deal poison to but do your poison is her life cue she gonna wear she doesn't have anymore. It's a signature, scent. It's her signature. She can't go sign her signature on a contract with another name.
Speaker 1: One day you could it.
Speaker 2: Is, Cassidy. I'm so pro you having a signature. All the people I know that have a signature scent makes me think of them in their amazing memories. Please, I will pay you money to go to the Ubuty group and tell us the scent because I want to know too. Yeah, I think it's fine. I think your friends need more important things to talk about, unless nuh, okay, they're being drowned. But she doesn't have anything else to choose from.
Speaker 1: She has one.
Speaker 2: It's a signature.
Speaker 3: Well, she's asking if she thinks that she should get a different one.
Speaker 1: I think she totally should get a different one.
Speaker 3: Doesn't have to mean that she spends a lot of money, but just something like nice and light true for the barbecues.
Speaker 2: Well. Also, Cassidy, it's winter now, so you sprits that signature. I loved that. I loved how deep we got for that.
Speaker 3: But you know what, I just really like to get super niche with things, which is why the more information the better.
Speaker 1: Agree. What were your actual products, reckoning?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I was just going to say, if you have a perform version, try if there's an eedt or a mist or even a body lotion. Yeah, you could even switch a little bit into like a body oil and put that on, like, just don't spray too much on. Yeah, but also tell your friends to suck it up. Yeah, exactly. So coming up after the break a question from a ubie who needs to know what she should be retiring from her makeup collection.
Speaker 3: Jane sent us a Facebook DM. I've been using the same makeup products for years and they've served me well. But I'm turning forty next month and I'm wondering if I need to switch things up. Are there certain products or techniques I should retire and others I should embrace?
Speaker 2: Happy birthday to Yeah, Happy birthday, Happy birthday, Jane, Welcome to the fourth level. It's pretty great here. Kelly wouldn't know yet, she's such a spring chicken. Now, interesting question. You say you've used the same makeup products for years and they've served you well. Keep going, girl, If if you like them, don't change it. However, it kind of depends on your skin type, your skin concerns, and what you're currently using. So your skin will, you know, naturally start to get drier as estrogen and progesterone do their thing in your forties. I was recently interviewed by the wonderful Hollyween right on mids, which is the podcast she hosts It's Fabulous, and we spoke for about an hour about skincare and make up for women in their forties and fifties. And we'll put a link in the show notes because I go into a lot more detail there. But this was one of the questions was, you know, women of this age and experience, should we change things? And I talked a bit on there about mostly cream products because a cream product like a obviously liquid foundation, but bronzes and concealers and blush more mimix your natural skin texture as opposed to powders, especially when we get drier. They're just generally more hydrating, possibly switching to a tubular mascaa if you don't use one already, because our eyelids start to droop.
Speaker 1: And then transfers easier.
Speaker 2: On that episode, I do refer them to them as my four skins, my eyelids, so it's quite an interesting listen.
Speaker 1: To pull them back.
Speaker 2: But my number one biggest recommendation for women who are reaching this area area just you know, maturity is under I con seeler because you naturally feel like you're tireder and looking more experienced than ever before. So you reach for a kind of really full coverage, really creamy, but it sets in fine lines. It just makes things look more pronounced. I'm trying not to say awful words greasy, cakey, ye dry.
Speaker 3: Correct you last week were like Elba Andreas looks like the actual bullsack.
Speaker 2: Let's still do No.
Speaker 3: I was going to just say, do you have a recommendation of what you've got on today? Because they look so dewy.
Speaker 2: I actually have what I've got on today here, so I have been on a journey. Generally, you want to go for more lightweight textures, a bit light reflecting, not sparkly, but nothing too heavy steak sparkles, No, but you know how like some light reflected or almost a highlighter. So I have many that I've recommended over the years on here. I love the rare beauty under eye brightener, I love the Revolution beauty. But the one I've got on today and that I discovered recently is the Seam, which is a Korean brand. It's the same concealer, It's tiny, it's phenomenal. I've bought three shades. Do you not profit you no, let me just check. I have linked ainal link it obviously in the show notes. It's probably the most full coverage of one of these concealers. At the time of recording. It's six dollars and forty eighth And look, I like it in my forties that anyone younger can use it because it's just phenomenal. So, yeah, just lighter textures. You want to reach for more coverage and more makeup, but it's the opposite, that's my opinion.
Speaker 3: Okay, No, I completely agree, Like obviously I'm not obviously, I'm just so.
Speaker 1: There was a real but I completely agree.
Speaker 3: Just less powdery products, Like, let's always err on the side of more liquidity unless you're really oily.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but even like I'm less oily than I was. I'm forty three now. And also it's the dead of winter, and so Lee's summer skin and Lee's winter skin could not be more different from yeah, oh not that, but yeah, but you've gone from dry to dry, conjured, from dry to yeah, dear lord, scaly, even like a tiny drop of tiny drop of face oil in your foundation can make your face just look really radiant. Andy lump and dewy. Yes, so play around and like you're say, if it's working for you, there's absolutely nothing you need to change.
Speaker 1: Agree after the break, Host Tax.
Speaker 2: Tack, what a you makeup packs? Okay, Host Tax and Kelly, I need you to go first because I've got those.
Speaker 1: Grandma heatless curls.
Speaker 2: Oh. I thought it was one of those hangers I used for minutes from my dumpers that you never used to heatless curl before. No. I thought that was a coat hanger that Grandma's sold at the market.
Speaker 3: No, this is a heatless curl thingymaginy tube as a tube like a metal touch it.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: It's like foam, thick foam.
Speaker 2: It's a poor noodle.
Speaker 3: It actually is a little bit of a poor noodle anyway. But I don't know about you.
Speaker 1: Are you a backsleeper or no, you're a tummy.
Speaker 2: Side tummy sleeper. I think that the.
Speaker 3: Majority of people are side sleeper. Ye, So unless you're a backsleeper, heatless curls like this just doesn't work.
Speaker 1: It's so uncompless, it's impossible. So I've come up with a hack for my side sleepers. Tell me, and it looks really good.
Speaker 3: I haven't done it like not today. Obviously I've got straight hair. Plus my hair is at a length where it's very news readery if it's curly, so I won't be doing it for the public home.
Speaker 2: I respect to the news readers. We love your hair.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, it's just a specific look. So I'm sure you've seen people using heatless curls. Maybe you've tried one yourself. You can diy one, but you can pick them up for a couple of dollars. It's just like this silk chewby thing that you wrap your hair around. Generally they are from ear to ear, so they sit sort of across your head, and then it looks like you've got two big wrapped brady things on each side of your ears. But in order to sleep on your side, if you're a side sleeper like me, I like to put it down the back of my head, so sort of running vertically from my forehead down the back of my part, so just down the middle of my head and down my back, and I wrap it around the back so as if I'm doing just one braid down the back of my head, and then you just.
Speaker 1: Like tied it at the bottom.
Speaker 3: You can clip it at the top to hold it in place where you're doing it, and then you take the clip off, and it's so good because that way, if you're a side sleeper, you will not notice it.
Speaker 1: You've got it in your head.
Speaker 2: Why won't you just braid your hair without as full noodle.
Speaker 3: Of a very different effect. This gives proper blowout curls. Heatless curls are really good. They don't last the same as like a dice in air rapp or actually curling, but there's no heat, and you can like the ideas that you can just sleep in it and then wake up with really good hair, but you will wake up with proper you know, braided hair kind of just looks. I went surfing and then used some sea salts. Well, you took your hair out after fizzy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Physical?
Speaker 2: Didn't you do fizzy when you were little? Or? Am I really old physical culture?
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is?
Speaker 2: So old? Okay? Great? I love your noodle.
Speaker 3: Anyway, that is my host tac. What is yours?
Speaker 2: Well? I enjoyed that mine is probably taking it down a notch. Okay, if that's possible. Remind your mind to Fashion Week a few months ago. I forgot to tell this story. Okay, but it is about to be fashion week. I haven't planned any outfits. But all I know is that I've kicked one of my toes to the point where my big toe is not the whole toe. The big toe nol is mostly missing.
Speaker 3: Oh gross, are you telling this story about when you painted on a fake toe again?
Speaker 2: Excuse me? I stuck on a I didn't. Okay, it's not a toe. We need to refer to it as a toe nail. I had a toe. Yes, I am very rough with my feet. My pedicure person when I go just says, I do not know what you do with these feet. So I had acrylic nails on.
Speaker 1: And you still kicked it off.
Speaker 2: I kicked it off three days later. This is prior to the stick on toe. I found the bit of dark and I super.
Speaker 1: Glued it back on. It worked for weeks. That's disgusting.
Speaker 2: I know. Then I kicked that off. I don't know what I do with my feet anyway. It's right before fashion week. I might wear open toes. This is a disaster. I don't have time to go to a pedicure. I googled stick on nails for your toes. So there's two places I could find stick on toenails, not just fingernails. Amazon and Camar. Where did I go? Camar? Didn't I see you there? You could only get black light pinky color and I think French toe, which I find unusual, but that's nice. Bought the baby pink. I just did the two big toenails, and then I painted my other toenails with the matching pink. I did over the color like it was a soft pink, but I just wanted it to be a bit more opaque. Then just painted my two big toenails. After I stuck on the Kmart.
Speaker 1: Big what happened to the other big toe?
Speaker 2: I just put it on top of that one. Okay, so it has nail acrylic Camart fake toenail.
Speaker 3: Oh and you probably still could have kicked it off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I probably could have. And now I wanted to change my petty, but I can't explain to my lady that I've gone in and now I've got stick on fake toenails over my acrylic everything. So now I've just painted them that were great.
Speaker 1: So they still haven't come off.
Speaker 2: I used real life superglue instead of nail glue, but.
Speaker 1: It makes sense. So the now glue sucks.
Speaker 2: I put this on my Instagram and so many people said, oh my gosh, thank you because my toenails and a lot of people to go for petties or don't want to simply just wear a boot.
Speaker 3: But like, okay, I feel like sometimes you make your life harder. And I know that you think that's rich coming from me, who's just like yeah, and then you can do this to sleep in. But like instead of just going, you know what, I'm just gonna wear a clothes shoe. You thought I'm gonna go to Kmart, but I'm gonna get some super glue.
Speaker 1: Then I'm gonna like paint my nails.
Speaker 2: This is true. And look it was the like fashion Week was the instigator. But I spend a lot of times at friend's house with kids, and you'd like, no shoes on Fox, that's weird. Why can't I just have my Kmart toes nails. You go ahead, guys, go and get you Kmart toenales. I've got hates if anyone wants some, because I've only used the big toes. On that note, we hope both ho sax mere helpful. That's a rap. Beauty lovers, thank you for hanging out and enjoying our madness today. If you've got a question, send us a dm at you Beauty podcast and our fabulous producers we'll pass it on.
Speaker 3: Asap and we'll be back in your ears and eyes because we'll be on YouTube on Friday. Oh yes.
Speaker 2: And this episode of You Beauty is produced by Molly Harwood and Sophie Campbell, with audio production by Tina Mattlock.
Speaker 1: Bye,