Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Your Beauty, the show for your Face, Hair and Bathroom Cabinet.
Speaker 2: I'm Lee Campbell, I'm Kellen McCarran, and Lee to do to mix things up a little bit this week, I decided to do half of my face using all spendye products and then the other half of my face using all Savor products right now, right now, So both sides of my face have completely different products on them. So I actually think I've done a pretty good job, especially with the eyes, at making them look the same.
Speaker 1: Yes, because you're wearing like bright orange sunset eyeshadowed. So the affordable ones aren't a dupe. No, okay, it's not like a foundation Life foundation. Okay, cool.
Speaker 2: Neither of us really like the whole dupe thing. It's just like, there are good affordable products. Okay, they are good expensive.
Speaker 1: Yes, sorry I'm listening, but I'm just trying to like, So this is one side you've done so well to match, like look, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Right, you've had a look at both sides. Which side do you think? I know you're gonna make me do? This is like ten times the amount, maybe not that much. I need to figure it out. I'm going to let the release. I'm going to reveal all on Socials.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know what you're so you're not even gonna tell me now? No, okay, well, first things first, I like your right side base better, but your left side cheek is so much better.
Speaker 2: So wait my this.
Speaker 1: You're right? Yeah, I love the bass, but my left cheek you prefer love. If I choose a side, I choose your left side. That side you think is the more expensive? Yes, so elfa left and then you're right with your eye? Is that how you know.
Speaker 2: That I've got? It's so hard when you're looking at someone though. Anyway, we're going to reveal everything over on Socials, but for now, we've got a cracker of an episode for you.
Speaker 1: Why can you tell me?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Oh damn, okay, okay, damn. First up, I new some disappointing news I guess is that there's a new tanning trend that it's I just can't even believe that it's here. You're going to tell me about it, but I don't really want to hear, but we need to put the word out. It's very annoying.
Speaker 2: Then we are going to move into Q and A, and we've got two great questions as always, and I've got some really fun things to show everyone. And that's why I've got like a little bit of joy on my eyeballs in celebration of that segment.
Speaker 1: I've got joy in my bag. I just didn't put it on my eyeball oh too much.
Speaker 2: And our third segment is, as always, our spendy Sabee and Lee. Last week I talked about a sixty six dollar concilla that was my MVPN. I was like, it's fantastic. I have found a five dollars and fifty cents concealer.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: That's insane.
Speaker 1: Were you inspired by my three dollars ninety I cream? No, Okay, I still want to try that though. I really liked that. Actually, all right, cal let's catch up on beauty news. What is happening?
Speaker 2: First up, Unfortunately Tanning is back. We did not think that we would be saying that in twenty twenty six, but alas it is.
Speaker 1: Honestly, this year is a bit of a binfire. So I'm not surprised, but I'm very disappointed.
Speaker 2: Very I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed exactly. So, last week we spoke about imaxing, which was We basically just had a giggle about how it was a very clicky way of saying doing your eye makeup in a really flattering way. This week we're talking about something far more sinister in the era of young people maxing everything, and that is tanning.
Speaker 1: So people calling I know this is an aside, but like people actually calling it tan maxing, because then there was that looks maxing with those men that wow to.
Speaker 2: The hamm of their face. Yet that was yeah, that's a separate discussion. So as in real tanning, like the thing that we thought we'd left behind when all of the stats started coming out about it, like oh, one person dies every six hours from skin cancer, those.
Speaker 1: Lots of stats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not faked hair, no, no, no tanning great. So basically this came about like I did see tanning start to trend a lot of my socials last year during Eurosummer, so our winter last year. But a UBI last week shared a Explain It to Me podcast episode which was about the tanning trend, and she was saying, is this I've just listened to this episode. I've been seeing it a lot. She's overseas, Is this a thing in Australia? And I was like, unfortunately it is so as I said, I it was about last year where I just started noticing that there were a lot of influencers posting with their bikini tan lines. That was the first thing that I noticed, and that people in the comments were like, oh my god, you're tan. Oh my god, I love your tan lines. And then they were giving people tips and that I just I did not, So that's when I first noticed it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, like tips in the comments.
Speaker 2: And that's when I sort of started to get a lunch because obviously when you're on social sometimes you see people that have gotten burnt, like we're human, we've also been burnt.
Speaker 1: Or I was assuming they were posting about something unrelated and just you happen to notice, oh maybe you know whatever, but yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: And then to be like thanks, cis I do this or whatever. So that was firstly alarming and like not very encouraging. But it was then when it's sort of along the same realm of the influencers that are also promoting illegal peptide injections, illegal and unregulated peptide injections to increase things like this tanning.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've had people say to me Hayley, do you know where they're still silariums? And I'm like, have you met me? My father died from melanoma the wrong person. I'm probably going to call the police.
Speaker 2: You're like, report what for? Yes, a stupid question? Yeah, yeah, yeah, so okay, but like it's just insane. People are are recommending like different times of the UV to go out, Like you know how you and I would be like, oh, heavens, we're not going outside during this time. They're going outside without sunscreen on and encouraging other people to do that. One of the things they're doing is using the UV index backwards, So say we would see that it's going to be UV eleven between ten and three, we would go, oh, we're going to plan like nice boozy girls lunch or go to the movies, go to the movies, or just sit in ac walk around the shops whatever. That's when they're.
Speaker 1: Choosing to go outside. Is this on social media? Yes? Okay. So what I don't understand is that you and I, as people who work in the industry, cannot go on social media and say this sunscreen is fantastic for my oily skin. It lasts all day without being greasy, but people can promote because it's non TGA tanning oils, because it's considerate a cosmetic and this kind of culture in general. How does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah, make it make sense. So exactly as Lee said, you could go on socials and say, I really enjoy the feel of this sunscreen. It's great, it's got SBA fifty TGA gives you a fine. I can go on social media and say so basically, to get my best ever tan, I use this illegal peptide and I inject it once a week and then I cover myself in this really cool oil and I go out when the UV is eleven and I won't get fined. Make it makes sense, you know, And.
Speaker 1: It's really frustrating, I think, because you know, you're almost as old as me. But being in media and beauty media at the birth of social media and seeing the good that that did to educate people on the dangers of the sun and that it's not yes, it's vanity, Like I wear sunscreen because I'm vain, but I also don't want to die literally, and I just think, sorry, I keep saying.
Speaker 2: Literally, but it's like, so it's absolutely mind boggling, and in the podcast episode. They actually were talking about why, and it's almost like there are certain groups of young people who actually it's kind of sad. They've just given up on the state of the world and they've got no idea what's in store for the future. So they've just given up caring. Yeah, which is awful.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm not in defense of this trend, but I you know, I ten in my twenties. I still tanned my body into my early thirties. I you know, with age, I realized the air of my waist and with sun spots. And I'm hoping that I don't know what I'm hoping I was gonna say. I'm hoping that they noticed. It's so much more prolific now because it's all over social so it's moral status. It's like having a handbag having a tan. We didn't have that, but that's what a fake tan does.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 2: In fact, it actually looks better though, because it's not like a leathery looking tan. It's a glowy but looking ten really a status symbol for us. Back then, I don't think it was just like, oh, that's nice at the end of the holidays. But I didn't think, oh my god, I must be tanned. It's because we didn't have social media. I did really want to be tanned, and I used to roast myself like a chicken. But I am going to be in defense of myself. I knew it was bad, but not I thought it was bad because like getting burnt.
Speaker 1: With yes, because we had ads on the TV every so often.
Speaker 2: We didn't you know, I wasn't educated by hordes of social media expect I wasn't aware of the risks. I wasn't I hadn't heard podcasts or seen tick tops about people that had lost someone to skin cancer.
Speaker 1: It's very different. We will get onto a more positive note soon. But I think also there's a misconception. You're like, oh, just get it cut out, but you know it's far more dangerous than that, and oftentimes it's too late and it's traveled through your whole body. And that's how real, you know, sickness and death happens. So it's not just as you know. I've heard young people say, oh, it's okay, like you just go to the doctor and they cut it out, and it's like no, and sometimes say's scenario.
Speaker 2: That's best case scenario. And they're also not all I'll just get it cut out. They're cutting out chunks, yeah, of your body.
Speaker 1: Let's just make an assumption that it's mostly young people. It is, yeah, and I get it. We've all been that age and you just don't know what's ahead of you. You also don't think you'll get old. You don't worry about the future. But if they care, no, but you need to because this kind of skin damage, sun damage is cumulative, and so you can't kind of go back or go next. I want to had next summer because the damage woud already be done and then you're adding to it each time.
Speaker 2: I've often heard young people go, you've got to dive something, may as well die looking hot. I'd like you to wonder, like, would you think that if your mum or someone that you really love said that, say, they're in their fifties or sixties, however old they are, and they are about to die, Like, sorry, this is really harsh.
Speaker 1: I could talk all day.
Speaker 2: It's is that how you would feel or would you be really cranky at them for saying that and being quite selfish when they were younger. It's not oh, I've got to die of something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's one of the very few illnesses that you know, not for everyone, but it kind of is in your control for the most part. Exactly. Yeah, get out of the sun. That listen to your beauty. We've got so many recommendations with most loving, loving ten ten minutes. You can't say you're too lazy stop it. Also, I'm not against the sun. I quite enjoyed the sun. You know what I recently did. I did ten minutes of yony sun exposure. Oh I did not see us going there? Could wow? Could you explain what that is very quickly?
Speaker 2: It is when you present your yoni aka your female area or your genitalia. You're ladies biological to say about a hat to the sun.
Speaker 1: Good energy.
Speaker 2: Maybe not against sun exposure, but we keep it limited and we protect ourselves. I just wanted to tell the story about me son exposing my yonial because I think that a lot of people would enjoy doing it because it does create good energy.
Speaker 1: We don't have time to continue, but I hope you're in a private place. We have Bonde Beach.
Speaker 2: It was in my private biller and BALI. Finally, I've been told I'm not allowed to talk about mayoni anymore. What we do want to tell you, though, is that we it is very easy to actually protect yourself against the sun. These are things you can do. Sunscreen obviously reapply, but that's not your first defense against the sun.
Speaker 1: But not enough, I think. Also now I put some sunscreen on hat and sunglasses, shade.
Speaker 2: UV clothing, y I mean lesson. I don't do that because I get so schitzy. But it's really good.
Speaker 1: I have a thing in the car anyway, I mean used to common sense. There's so many u V apps. Don't go out.
Speaker 2: All of the things we know how to protect ourselves from the sun.
Speaker 1: Yep. This summer, I'm going to run around the beach. Doesn't poke my finger at people.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll start a you Beauty campaign. Actually do that, squirt people with sunscreen.
Speaker 1: Kelly, my friend, I've been cheating on you. So I don't know if you've noticed, but Mama Me had just launched something called very Pery on demand.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have seen that you've been doing some clever things.
Speaker 1: Yes, I did demand it, and so did the You Beauty audience and all the audiences from Mamma Meter's many podcasts. Twenty twenty two. That's four years ago, doesn't seem that long ago, but that's when Mama Mia first launched the Very Perry Summit. That was pretty revolutionary at their time. And now there is so much Perry meenopause info everywhere, which is great, but it can be very dry, or very specific, or really overwhelming. Because when I hit Perry, I was like, okay, right, I started researching did you hit Perry? Have you not knowniced?
Speaker 2: Because I'm so young, I just never met someone that used to be cold all the time. I just such a cliche to Then there was one record where you actually kept running out to the fridge to put your head in the freezer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, there's so many symptoms. We'll talk about that later. But when I started researching it, it was far too overwhelming, so I just pretended it wasn't happening. And so now we've just launched what's called Very Perry on Demand four years later, all brand new content hosted by me, Holly Wainwright, Amelia Lester, many many other fabulous people that Werek here, but more importantly, amazing experts, the best experts in the industry. So you sign up and then all the episodes are there for you to watch when you feel like it or when you've forgotten. It's kind of like binging your favorite show. So there's twenty episodes all up, twenty five experts all up, so we really have found the best around the world. I host too, personally host The Beauty One with doctor Leoni Yip. She is a dermatologist and scoup expert. So doctor Leoni Yip remember the hair brush all uh ye, Well, she's not a hairbrush. She's not a hairbrush. She's ad a hairbrush on, a scalp expert, and she's very passionate about this area. So she's hosting the Beauty One with me, and I asked her a million questions like did you know suddenly with Perry we feel sort of tied and sunken and exhausted. Our face has just gone. Do you know why? Because your actual bone structure changes. Yes, we have to treat our skin and what we don't have to do. We want to treat our skin. We go to skincare, but your actual bones are changing. Yuck. I know it's pretty right. I don't know. I'm not a doctor. I've no I do know, but you have to listen to the episode. I also host one about overwhelmed mental health when kind of life collides in Perry. That was also fascinating. So twenty episodes that covers everything. You don't have to watch it all at once. I've watched some several times because I forgot.
Speaker 2: Is that a symptom?
Speaker 1: Yes, of course it is brain fog. Of course it's a symptom. Who are you? Where am I? No, it's really helpful. It's not at all boring. It's easy to digest. It's like a perfect amount of science and experts with like just bloody tell me what to do? Okay, Yeah, would you like to subscribe? You shouldn't. You should know what's coming, my friend, I wish I did.
Speaker 2: Maybe I will subscribe to understand you a little bit more and your sweatiness.
Speaker 1: So it's fifty nine dollars at the moment, but that's an early bird price. It will go up to ninety nine dollars. There's a link in the show notes. I will even send you a direct link. I truly do believe, even though I work here, that it's really helpful. I've listened to so many podcasts and this expert and this expert chunky information. This is kind of the best of everything.
Speaker 2: When lastly, I just have something new to show you that I'm really excited about.
Speaker 1: I mean, they were important topics, but come on, let's get back to beauty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, let's just talk about just beauty. And these arrived the other day and I was like, firstly, this is very whole pr like, very very cool. I have no problem with pr kits if they can be used again like something really fun. And this is sick like it looks like a big book with like little compartments that all twist like this is it looks so cool.
Speaker 1: A giant perspex like Swiss army knife type thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, but each little container is full of full of contains one of the new rare Beauty lip oil sticks. So they used to have the lip oils like in the thing, but this is like one that you just swipe on. They are so beautiful, really comfortable to wear.
Speaker 1: Wait wait you're about to put one on? Whoa, okay, so she's putting it on. Wow, your lips just went deliciously shiny. Quite a lot of pigment.
Speaker 2: Quite a lot of pigment for a juicy product. They feel beautiful. Forty five dollars from Sephora.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, I have so many restaurant.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm like, can we put this in our cute display because it's.
Speaker 1: So no take it away? Do you really like it? It's just so cool, So, you know, regardless of the name, would you say it's like a lipstick oil, like that's a lot of pigment. Yes, okay, I would say that this because usually a lip oil is not that people I always just think of just like a wash. So that's when you put it on, I was like, wow, and they say that it lasts for eight hours. Listen, I don't think that it does have I used them for eight hours. No, but I'm far too busy. I eat, I drink, I talk like. It's definitely not like a long word. But even the violette fr like, I'd have to touch that up totally eight hours. So I don't need something that lasts for eight hours. But I do love how comfortable this is. It's not sticky, and it's just like really really, it's just feels good. Also, you don't have to worry about precision because of the oil kind of juicy and thats. You just swipe it on. It's not like a mat where you've got to get that you know, oh you've got to get their edges all correct.
Speaker 2: I know, it's just it's really comfortable, really pretty, forty.
Speaker 1: Five dollars each. Did you say, yes, which shade are you gonna give me a nude? Well?
Speaker 2: Actually a lot of them are quite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is very pretty.
Speaker 2: That the brightest one you've got on it looks like an orange e, not orange, like a peak of coral. Yes, but that with my eyes, I'm like Mike, I've got like a yellow orange moment happening on my eyes. I basically am a sunset today, a sunset on my face and corporate on the bottom.
Speaker 1: And that note. We'll be back after the break with Q and A. Time for Q and A.
Speaker 2: This is where we answer your questions. So if you have a question, please let us know. You can post it in the Facebook group, you can DM us on Insta, or you can email us like I feel like emailing is very og old school.
Speaker 1: You could even like post us a letter. Don't know. I was gonna give it.
Speaker 2: I was gonna have cost stamps.
Speaker 1: I was gonna give your address.
Speaker 2: We will pop the links if you want to send in your question in the show notes.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, head to the show notes. But later because you're gonna want to stick around for this. This question, Kelly, could not be more for you to answer. Oh, I had so much and I will say a few things. I think it's time I upgraded from my one sad Ie shadow palette. There are so many I don't mind playing with a bit of colors, like you, Kelly, but I'm mostly neutral, like uli which to use the most, like which brands make the best formulas and are the expensive ones actually worth it? I'd love to see your favorite palettes. Thanks, Jess. How long does Jess have over to you? Oh?
Speaker 2: I could talk about this topic four years. I love eyeshadow. I love eyeshadow palettes. I have so much fun now this is something I prepared.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I've done my swatch, so I can't your arm out flat?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yes? Also? How did you not get that on you? If you are not watching, she has four bright orange swatches on her.
Speaker 2: Inner arm from four wildly different priced, wildly differently priced palettes.
Speaker 1: Before we got it further, if you do want to watch, head to YouTube. If you're not on Apple Podcasts, we can watch the whole episode on our podcast too. Okay, who owns one hot orange eye? Shadow alone for.
Speaker 2: Please please reveal I own a lot more than that, my dear.
Speaker 1: I'm settling in because this is fun.
Speaker 2: What I wanted to do is I think my biggest takeaway from this question is our expensive eye shadows worth the money. That's not sorry, that's not the biggest takeaway. But I'm going to get to that point first, because you would look at all of these just on face value and say that they are very similar, if not the same, And unless you looked really closely, you wouldn't see that much of a difference in the texture.
Speaker 1: Can you see any difference from where you are only the shade? Yeah, like it's one bit brighter. One's with Earth, not Earth yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are some palettes that you will still purchased that have the colors have absolutely no pigment. They're really chalky, they don't blend easily. They're awful. But you can also spend a lot of money and get really bad palettes. So I have only obviously brought in or will only ever talk about like good things that I like.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you've got a stack of palettes here, yes, talk us through. Three of them are discontinued, so I'm not recommending these palettes, but the brand the palette in itself because it's right, so they don't often sell that. Well, only you can talk to the quality of that brand exactly. So Revolution Beauty is I would say one of the like the top my favorite quality affordable eyeshadows. So this one.
Speaker 2: All of their palettes are about twenty four dollars, which is one dollar thirty per shade, so super affordable.
Speaker 1: This is my Revolution Beauty palette. It's got four shades. I've got a dark black shimmery.
Speaker 2: Hold it out to the camera because I just feel like these really some are power personalities. Yeah, well sorry our makeup person totally.
Speaker 1: Mine is very small and has four very neutral but some shimmery shades.
Speaker 2: But I is bright. It looks like a bright tropical bird throughout.
Speaker 1: No offense when you have to. I thought that was like the one you get in the k up Kids section for Playmaker. This is one of my favorite, but we both agree that for the price, Revolution It's phenomenal. Fantastic any of their palettes and the quality is so good.
Speaker 2: So then I've got the Morphi Artistry palette. These are forty nine dollars. Really hard to get these days though, and it was one forty per shade.
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait a dollar forty per shade? So how much showtal Because Morphi is really good.
Speaker 2: Forty nine dollars really good. These are all good quality but affordable.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yes, I do love Morphy and because I think people think, oh Morphy is in Mecca, it's going to be outrageously.
Speaker 2: No if I just did a mecha order with Morphy because I was reminded when I was researching this and was like, I have not ordered from Morphi for quite some time. Then we've got this palette, which is also an extremely bright palette, also discontinued. This one is eighty dollars, so three dollars thirty per shade. So you can see what I'm doing here. What was that brand? This is be Perfect Cosmetics. It's like an artistry, more like artistry. It's not very popular in Australia. Okay, finally, one of my all time favorite palettes. They don't do them anymore. The Anastasia, Beverly Hills nor Fina palettes. Yeah that Oh you've got an Anastasia, you've got soft glam.
Speaker 1: Okay, so look, I don't think she said she's joining the circus. These are lovely to look at, but I don't think she no, no, but look at that common threat. Never heard of that one, love Morphy, but didn't bring one. Oh wait today I know.
Speaker 2: No, I'm very aware that our lovely listener is not wanting necessarily a carnival themed palette. And as I said, they're all discontinued, but they were really there was four similar palettes at four different price points that I bought in to show you the difference in quality for the price, because it's not actually just about how it will swatch onto your skin. So they look very similar unless you look quite closely. But there are other things to consider, So how it wears, Will it last half an hour, will last a couple of hours, or will it be that pigmented in twelve hours? Like if you're wanting to wear your eye shadow all day, how easy it is to blend? So do you put it on? And then oh, it's kind of like it catches a little bit in the crease, and then it looks a little bit muddy in one section and then ooh, it's not pigmented at all in that section. And you working your hardest and you just can't get it to blend out, and then it just ends up a patchy mess. So there are so many different things to consider with how it feels, how it wears, not just like the pigment and the actual quality if you're just watching it. That said, like, I think that all four of those palettes or four of those brands and a beautiful, really good quality. However that Anastasia Beverly Hills is miles ahead just in terms of all of them in terms of how smooth, creamy, easy to blend, pigmented, long wearing like. And also something.
Speaker 1: Some watch one of my Anastasia's while you keep talking.
Speaker 2: Some of the pigments sometimes you will be like, oh my god, that is so affordable and just so beautiful and pigmented, and it literally will stain you because yes, I don't know what they've used, but it will actually stain your eyelid, which isn't a bad thing. It will come off, but keep be a little bit annoying. Yeah. See how like it's just easy you put it on and you don't even have to rub. It's just blendable. It's creamy, like really really beautiful.
Speaker 3: Fish really Oh so Daisies hacked at it So there are some beautiful, more affordable products, and there are also some crappy ones, and there are also some crappy, less affordable products.
Speaker 2: So it's just about actually going in and playing around with textures and figuring out what you like. Especially if you're not super proficient or confident with applying eyeshadow, I generally would suggest using something a little bit better quality, just because they're easier to work with. So, as I mentioned at the top of the episode, one half of my face is expensive makeup, the other half is Savy makeup, and I reckon that I nailed using two different palettes, but I reckon I've gotten the eyes pretty similar. I will say that the Savy I was it took a lot longer. The colors it just wasn't as easy to do. It took. It was a lot more effort, yeah, to get it to look the same, whereas the other I using the more expensive products, but once again only because I know what to look for and what to purchase, Like there could be an expensive one hundred and fifty dollars Pilotte. That's absolute rubbish. So my favorite brands when I'm thinking about eyeshadow are makeup by Mario, Pat McGrath Labs, Natasha, Denona and Hooda Beauty. They are all between one hundred and one hundred and fifty dollars, generally ish for big palettes, but you will actually have them forever if you take good care of them. Not forever, but you know what I mean. And they're really easy to work with.
Speaker 1: Wow, I could like honestly, I was mesmerized. Thank you. That was very helpful.
Speaker 2: Oh you've got Oh my god, see we've got idea.
Speaker 1: Have a makeup by Mario. Interestingly, I didn't bring my MORPHI, but I love Morphy and makeup by Mario. Strangely, I get them mixed up at home. But they're wildly different price points.
Speaker 2: And also you have to I love Morphy, but you have to agree that the I'm quality is alone.
Speaker 1: I'm not such an I shadow A shadow that I noticed. It's the makeup by Mario ethereal eyes. And there's a few different variants. This is called nature. There's how many shades, twelve shades beautiful kind of like this is out there for me. There's some like olivey, olive, sparkly green, gold browns. It's really beautiful.
Speaker 2: I love that palette.
Speaker 1: It's stunning. It's gorgeous, isn't it. But I've got a Revolution, a very tiny one. This is my old not my oldest, my oldest that I still own. It's the Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam. It's eighty nine dollars and I think there's fourteen shades, So you and I both think the brand and the pigment is amazing. Exactly same with Revolution. Also, this, when I was researching, comes in a mini of I think six or eight shades. This is what I'm holding. It's like literally golds Terra Cottas bronze like. It's very neutral, but there's still a bit of fun. It's really pretty. Yes, I'm getting to a point, I promise you. This is the she Glam. I mentioned this a few months ago. She I'm Los Angeles fifteen pan palette fifteen dollars, so that's a dollar per shade. I see. I think this is phenomenal, but I don't wear that much eyeshadow. What I will say is, I think it really depends on your lifestyle. Do you travel a lot, do you travel a lot for work? You know? Are you putting it in your bag? Are you taking it not travel friends, Yeah, are you taking it with you every day? Because I think you and I have unusual jobs obviously that we have so much to shoes from. Most of my friends have one or two that they taken their hand back to work or definitely, you know, pack if they're flying down to Melbourne for work, and so I think you also need to consider packaging because this would not this is the se gum, This would not survive many flights. You know, it's quite flimsy packaging.
Speaker 2: I would have thought that would have lasted.
Speaker 1: Well, well, there's no suspension. I know that sounds strange. I honestly think you need to think about packaging just as much if you are going to splurge on something that you do want to have for a really long time or kind of your comprehensive eyeshadow. Nas changed their packaging a long time ago. It was really great, but remember it was that kind of frosted almost silicon, and after a few years it would go like melty eye break everything. I'm a good person to kind of test this out. I broke, I broke and make up my Mario recently. That's not to say it's that breakable, but I do find if it's hard, it's not as kind of I don't know, there's reverberates if you drop it. I guess honestly, these little ones, this is the revolution. When I showed you before, it's kind of like it's a like a how do I explain it? Like it's almost like a box? Yeah? Does that make that would be very hard to break? Correct? Last, but not least, may I recommend. I know you want a new shadow palette, but I just think look around and if there's one that doesn't speak to you in its entirety where you're gonna use probably eighty percent of the shades, look at what you want to make, or look at the colors that you wear a lot. I would get singles. This is the for a collection, the one I'm holding up. It's like a little one, you know, dollar coin size. Between the shimmers, which I've got here and the mats, there's one hundred shades. I'm not gonna lie. They're pretty expensive. There's sixteen dollars each, although I got this one for eight. You can't get them on sale.
Speaker 2: Whereas when you think about even the expensive palettes, it'd be like ten dollars a shade.
Speaker 1: Right, But if I buy four or five or six and I'm gonna use them all the time, or you know, I'm just going to sleep over at Mary's house, i only need one, you know what I mean. It's kind of not as exciting. But you can literally customize the pigments of the Sephora ones off and that's not so pretty. Literally when I looked at the prices, I was like, I did not pay sixteen dollars tiny amazing. Take them with you and then you kind of have a quarter of the size. It's not as exciting, I know.
Speaker 2: No, but a little hack as well. If you've already packed, Like if this is for travel, if you obviously would probably take a match bronzer, then just pop the matte bronzer in your crease and then that shim or on your eyelid and your eyes will pop and you will look like you've put so much effort into your eye makeup. And if you want to bring in a little bit of color but you don't necessarily want to buy a new palette, you could always use a blush that you have, so say a burgundy blush or a coral or just maybe not like hot pink or red because then you you would, I would, but like you might be a little bit scary or scared if but like you can all so, just have a look at what you've already got and play around with that before you figure out exactly where you want to dip your toe.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean I wonder what her sad Palette is. You know, she's obviously loved that brand and had for a long time. Maybe she it's probably just like this is my MVP. This is one I use all the time. It's so boring, but it's so good.
Speaker 2: It's the Master Mats makeup by Mario Palette.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got that too, it's so good.
Speaker 2: But then if you've got something like that, yeah, why don't you just introduce one shade?
Speaker 1: Yeah, or go back to that brand and just see what else they have. One more little tip too. I if I don't have my liquid Island, which I'm addicted to, I just use like a dark like a black or a brown, and run my and god brush with some water across it, and you've got liquid ier you don't.
Speaker 2: Even need water. I did that with the red today, the liner. Oh but I like my Crisp liquids. Oh you like Chris, what you know the water sets?
Speaker 1: Anyway, I'd look at the brand you've already got goes, you know, if it's that old, go and see what they've got new, or kind of play with textures. Yeah, similar price points.
Speaker 2: But don't just swatch it on your arm and go. Oh, the twenty dollars one is exactly the same as the one hundred dollar one. Like, walk around, maybe test howel steal it so.
Speaker 1: You can really try it on your eyes. Totally joking, only joking, also asking me it's go on Reddit ready? It is so good?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, hang on going the U Beauty Facebook guess, Oh my goodness, it's on Facebook. It's called the U Beauty podcast community and there's eighty seven point something thousands of us in there. As if we don't know good, I shadow.
Speaker 2: So they can just search in the search, but I shadow see what comes up. People would have done threads about them plenty, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the U Beauty community, we did ask them this week about their favorite eye shadow palettes and how long they've had it. Should we do the reveal?
Speaker 2: Such a good question. I really want to note who has the Urban Decay naked palettes?
Speaker 1: I still have two of my Urban Decay naked palate.
Speaker 2: You should have brought them in is relics.
Speaker 1: I still have my single frosted blue Napoleon purpose eyeshadow like single from my year ten formal which I was sixteen. So you do the math wow before I'm not going to.
Speaker 2: Mask the Museum of Lee. Excuse me.
Speaker 1: I remember it was like forty eight dollars a David Jones. My mom wanted to kill me. Then I wanted rageous. Okay, anyway, who loves the watch? All right?
Speaker 2: So, speaking of Morphy, we both mentioned Morphi. Rachelle recommends Morphy palettes. She said that they are the absolute best. It's a real pity that you can't get the big artist fry palettes easily anymore because they're so good. You can get mini ones. I will be reporting back on a new mini one that I just don't it. I don't want a big artist frym one.
Speaker 1: I like small. You like small? I mean I decant thinks for a living morell says she has the tom Ford Disco Dust palette and it's still going strong after about six years. Oh my god, I need that palette. Six years cost per way let's look at it.
Speaker 2: That sounds beautiful.
Speaker 1: Disco dust, I must say, tom Ford makeup does blow my mind and disco dust, oh my gosh, get it on me.
Speaker 2: Jessica says she uses the Home Beauty the one palette which we have. I think we did like a live reveal of that, didn't.
Speaker 1: I accidentally broke it, remember No, it arrived broken in the mail and then it went on the couch and I got in trouble because theal palette the male and thrown it.
Speaker 2: She travels a lot and she brings it everywhere as she knows that she can create any eye look with it.
Speaker 1: That's a great one. And Lisa says she's had the two Face Natural Lust palette since twenty nineteen. It's her favorite one of all time. Love that. You know what quick tip I mean, always throw out your products if they're obviously expired. But with powders like that, you can often get away with it. If you haven't had conjunctivitis, just get an alcohol spray spray something to wipe it over, let it dry.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, you can tell just by looking at it or smelling and if they smell like if they if the pan looks exactly the way that it did, except maybe a little bit more dusty. This is the day that you bought it home. It's absolutely fine. But if it's got anything on it or smells funky at all, then well if that's the only one, because sometimes sometimes just the one shade will get still permeated.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like having a slice of bred that had molded it. The whole bread has to go in the bin.
Speaker 2: I disagree.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, mold expert. Meanwhile, I want to say, do you know what that happened to my palette, the one that franzoin As signed for me.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you'll have to go back to France to get Francois to sign something else for you.
Speaker 1: Hopefully that was helpful. I think I might wear some. I should it next time. I should have for this one. Well, I did for the occasion.
Speaker 2: If anyone was wondering why I had a sunset on my eyeballs, it was because of the carnival palettes. I just wanted to bring a little bit of fun to the eyeball. Anyway, moving on, how important is it actually to use a heat protectant? If important, what are some of your recommendations. I often find that I don't like the way that they make my hair feel, and I find sometimes my hair doesn't hold when I try to style it after using one. Can't wait to hear your thoughts, Grace.
Speaker 1: Good on Grace, I have a lot of thoughts on this one. How important are they? We started the top of the episode with talking about the importance of suns safety much more incredibly important. Heat protected will definitely help protect your hair. So it's important in that perspective that you know, there's a difference between not using it and using it, but I kind of use it haphazardly ninety percent of the time. It depends on your hair type, on the product you're using. Most importantly, it depends on the delivery method. You know, if it's a continuous spray, if it's one of those sort of like thicker sprays, it's almost like a gel. Heat protected is interesting because it works, but there's a lot of caveats. So oftentimes the ones that say activated by heat, that means at that time lots of people think, oh, then I can touch up the next day. They're not reactivated by heat. Even just moving your hair, putting your fingers through it or brushing your hair will remove the heat protectant, so you need to apply them quite liberally and then dry your hair at that time when you've just put it in to get the maximum protection. So what I do is because I like the grittiness, the ones that I use give me a tiny little bit of hold while I'm drying or at the end. So what I care most about is the ends because they're like the really ruddy stuff. So what I'll do is I'll do miss miss miss miss miss, and then I often spray it into my hand and really sort of scrunch the bottom of my hair where I just don't have, you know, I can't afford to get more crunchiness. I will actually just concentrate ear is down a bit like a conditioner. Yeah, I care about the top bit, but also when i'm heat styling, because I do a wave as you can see, I kind of do a quick pass here and then the hard work and the heat is kind of from the ears down. I use them ninety percent of the time. If I forget, I just go go with God. It depends on your hair color. If you're lighter, you've removed a lot of you know, hair's very porous, So she says she doesn't like it. The weight makes her hair feel and it sometimes my hair doesn't hold. It's not a whole product.
Speaker 2: It's literally like think of it like it's yeah, it's nothing to do with whole and.
Speaker 1: Think of it like sunscreen. Literally, you know that's gonna really help with protection, but it's not your entire thing. So this is gonna help, but it's not your styling product. So you put it in and it's gonna help. I mean, I guess it literally coats the hair like it coats around the hair, and then that's like having a teflon pan ish kind of thing. Obviously not as robust because as soon as you touch and play that little bond that it's created around the strand it's gone. But it shouldn't be your holt. You do something separate there. You do a volumeizing moose or a spray or a finishing product to get your So it's not supposed to hold, no, But also maybe she means that it doesn't hold as well if she's used it. Yeah, And I think that she's probably actually using too much product because I've never and I've tried so many products, and some of them are real duds. But I've never had a problem with thinking or maybe once like with it feeling gross. I mean perhaps I don't know if she because I thought maybe she felt it was like crunchy, but it might be feeling oily.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that's why I'm just thinking. Or even if she is finding that it feels crunchy to me, that just means that you've been using tonally because you don't need like, yes, you need to use enough, but you don't need to absolutely coach, like make sure that every single strand what I would do, so say it was like a liquid, would you like mine that I early purchased.
Speaker 1: I don't really want to use it now, but this is my ride or die. I buy two a year. This is the got to be Guardian Angel heat protection spray. I get it from oilings and coals. I don't know how much it is. I think it's like seventeen dollars, but I always get it when it's half right. But I would you like me to do it? I'm happy to put something.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can put that in as a spray, But so how I would put it in, I'd probably just do like.
Speaker 1: And then at the back.
Speaker 2: It's maybe six sprays on my whole head. Oh, I wouldn't put it up here though, as Lee said, like I don't. I'm not curling up here. And also it's the baby fresh hair. Eh, it can use a little bit of damage because if you're putting it up there, your hair will sort of get any product up the top of your hair is going to get a little bit weighed down and lank. So I just sprayed six sprays from just above my ears downwards, and I've got like quite short hair at the moment. I would then brush my hair, yeah, so that it's like distributes evenly through the strands.
Speaker 1: I also think it depends how wet your hair is, because product will distribute easily or more further if you've got really wet hair. Sometimes I'll forget or I think I'm just going to air dry, and then my old wait. I actually want to look really nice and I'm half dry, like my hair is kind of half hair dried, so I'll use more than So I would do I section my hair and do sort of miss like this. You want to be really far away so it gets wide like birth girth whatever, and then I'll do I don't know, I don't want to go through so much the bits that kind of get concentrated the more. Obviously my hair looks quite wet now. But then I'm going in with a hair dryer or whatever it is, dice or whatever, and then I do the double whammy with a curl. See.
Speaker 2: I would say that we just use the same amount of product because you were so far away from your hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thirty centimeters or so. Kind of what you should be with dry shampoos, but you get to know your hair. It also depends on your hair type, your hair texture, the product you're using. That's a really fine one, but that does have a little bit of grit. I love it in my research. Can I quickly tell you please? One of the highest ratings ones I've never tried, but it's on its way from Amazon, the OGX Bond Protein Repair Heat Protections. Wa if you used it?
Speaker 2: No, but I've read reviews.
Speaker 1: Thirty five dollars full price, fine, but I ordered a half price on Amazon a few days ago. There's over five thousand, four point eight stars reviews just on Amazon. I like that brand.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm quite sluty when it comes to heare. Oh yeah, I couldn't care less. I really like some of them, but that's why I'm like, I reckon. You can just play with what you've got at home for now, but maybe try using a little bit less or just making sure you're not using it on your roots. Make sure that you do use a hairspray or a whole product after you've done your hair. Do you need one though? Yes, we're going to insert the toast theory. I saw this on social media and it absolutely blew my mind. But it's a great example. So you've got two pieces of bread. You use heat protectant on one of them, and like you literally spray the bread as if it's your hair, and then on the other piece of bread you don't, and then you put them in the toaster. Well, which one is more burnt when it comes out, the one that didn't have any product on it? Does it also make the toaster and kitchen smell a little.
Speaker 1: Bit chemically flammable? I guess not. You let it sit for a few.
Speaker 2: Minutes, yes, but yeah, yeah, I'm not toast peanut, butter and honey. After the break, well, after the break, we're going to get to spendy savy. Then after that break, then we can go make some toast.
Speaker 1: Deal.
Speaker 2: It's our favorite time of the week. I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: Sorry, dogs heard that, so they really did.
Speaker 2: I love Spenny Savy. It's the heart of the show. It's when we get to recommend what we're absolutely loving. And in a very rare occurrence, we have brought in the same spendy we have.
Speaker 1: There's a bit of a story there, but we have which is like it literally has happened maybe three or four times over the past seven years. And there's even prooved because Kelly had filled out the script and then I'd filled out all of the script except my spending. I even said to the guys in slack, Oh, I'm just still tossing up this one. And I was like, okay, great, I'm putting it out. Went to the script, same product, and I bought mine last week. I wasn't sent at pr yours was different. Should we just tell them what it is? Yes?
Speaker 2: I bought mine a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Ready, should we do a review?
Speaker 2: Ducktata it is the tart ce tinted serum. So both of us purchased these with our own money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at separate times. I went to Sephora, Hey, can I just quickly say shout out to whoever her name was. At Sephora Bondai Junction last week, I went in for one tiny barrier repair thing and I spent four hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: She got you good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And obviously I'm not anyone, but I just go and going, Hi, I'm looking for this.
Speaker 2: And I just love their passions. She was so like and she was like, what about this, and what about this? I love hearing their recommendations too.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's talk about this.
Speaker 2: I was not recommended this, but I saw it at the front of the store. I loved tart. I love Sea Sea creams. I love anything tinted, and I was like, it's new, that's got my name all over it.
Speaker 1: Well, I was. We'd just finished up with all my new skincare and she said, have you seen the new Sea seacream. I said, take me there and she said it's one of those shade changing for me I hate. And I said, oh no, don't even want to look at it. And she goes, wait and I said, I don't know, I don't want to see it, and she said wait. She didn't. She was lovely. She put it on my hand. It was a journey. Shall we show the ubis that are watching while we had you get I medium? I think medium something a medium.
Speaker 2: So am I. But it's a bit dark for me. But this is going to be a summer definitely something like when I do want like a little bit more of a glow on.
Speaker 1: My face, So I was. I tried medium and light with my lovely friend and light was definitely two light. Medium. Well I'm not gonna say it's shaded justin because that's not true and that can't really happen. But what happens is is tiny, tiny, little like spheres of pigment that pop when you blend it in. But I hate all the other ones I've ever tried to feel really gimmicky. But then when she we did this on out my hand and then on my face, it's so it's so pretty.
Speaker 2: It just is like this beautiful light, like a thick serum, Like, yeah, a tinted Serumi type thing, isn't that? Even that then just blends into the most light coverage glowy. This is what you want to chuck on when you want something but you don't want to do your makeup. This is no makeup makeup, Like, yeah, my definition this is if you are happening to stay at a New Loves Interests house and you just want to quickly get up and pretend stiless sleep, like look at my hands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh it's quite dark.
Speaker 2: It's still it's still decent coverage. But yes, it looks like skin. Yes it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Foundation said, Oh they do you call it CC serum, don't they? It's definitely not CC because I think some people go like E Cosmetics CCA cream, that's a full coverage foundation.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this is definitely tinted serum.
Speaker 1: So I would like, you know, my post office day where I'm just kind of doing that in a bit of this and not really you know, for my skin's really good. I love it. I couldn't believe it. Her and I went through a journey before we got to the register. Sixty six sixty eight dollars I think sixty three dollars something sixty something and decent size. I'm surprised how much I like it. So I've loved it. I've actually got it on today with concealer on top. Oh I love it. And when she told me it was shade transforming, I was like, absolutely not do it. Give it a go.
Speaker 2: If you're on the hunt for a new light base, go and go and try this out. They'll probably give you a sample if you want to try it. It's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Do you like it? Sound very fluidy? Oh I'm glad that's what you thought of. All right?
Speaker 2: What is your savy?
Speaker 1: Okay, on to my savor. You might be interested to hear an update. Are you ready about Remember last week we were talking about volley for line as a new ingredient, a buzzword, and I found one on Amazon that's pretty much the raw ingredient raw dog and straight up yes, And you said that you're ordering it?
Speaker 2: Is that what you've got? Because she messaged me about it and she was like, oh love it, putting it on my face.
Speaker 1: And I text you straight from the post office. I said, look what's arrived the next day and you were like, oh God, here we go. I've been trialing it. So I may have given well, I didn't give misinformation last week. I didn't specify you mix a few drops of this ingredient. And if you want to know more about the ingredient, go back to last week. Can you actually read what it says at the back It says like half or double.
Speaker 2: It says mix with a skin care product to do loop concentration before you use. Okay, okay, so exactly what I said last week. You can't just pop that on your nogged Well watch this. Oh no, you don't, you dare You'll burn yourself.
Speaker 1: It's not Bernie. I just want to see if the police come. I have been putting it's very don't you want to just feel that you're great?
Speaker 2: It do?
Speaker 1: It's definitely it's definitely a carrier oil because I thought so when they made it. It feels really good, right, so I would put a few drops of that. And also because I'm generally combo. But now my piry skin in winter doesn't know. But there's some like oils, for example, I could never use in the morning. Still a few drops of this in my morning stuff has changed my life. Stop being so anti it. But it's a but it's like a few drops of something to what you've already got. I think you think it's like, but.
Speaker 2: Can you like? It does say to dilute it? So yes, what are the repercussions for not diluting it?
Speaker 1: That's oh no, sorry sorry, Normally I'm just adding two drops to my moisturized before my son's going.
Speaker 2: Okay, but putting it on our hand, what are the repercussions by not diluting it?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, why don't people just put it on their face?
Speaker 1: Well, I think they do, That's what I read. And I've just been putting it all over my lips because you know how back to the episode, it's like, that's where you want volume. Yeah, because how holoonic acid uses water to plump stuff up. It's got a different mechanism but same kind of result in that it's going in and getting the colligeon to go. Yes, so I would do this and then my mom on top. So I guess that's kind of layering.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: I do think there's lots, but so you like it though, I really like it. It's a little goes a long way. I just think it's clever because a few drops goes a long way, and you know you've got your old pump of sworbolle laying around a few drops in there. I like it. I ordered it. I told the Ubis how i'd go. Nothing's gonna happen. Look, we'll see at the end of the episode. If my arms are fallen off. Okay, what's your saving?
Speaker 2: My saving? I was influenced to purchase this I saw creator Shelby Ann. Now Shelby Anne does beautiful makeup. She is beautiful in general, but she doesn't lie luxury products. She doesn't like anything expensive like her whole Niche is affordable beauty. So she recommends really good affordable makeup products.
Speaker 1: Follow this woman. Well.
Speaker 2: The thing is she's also in her twenties and has picture perfect skin, which I think is very important to note when she's like, you don't need to spend one hundred dollars, Well, you don't when you've got that skin texture and that much youth, So you don't like, do you know what? All of that sort of has a lot to play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but bad is still bad and good is still good to a degree when people are kind of playing with things, you know exactly.
Speaker 2: But there are some products that would work so well on her totally because she has absolutely Yeah, her came.
Speaker 1: With her players is who.
Speaker 2: Whereas my canvas, while lovely a bit more experienced my canvas, my canvas has had seen some more things. Yeah, painted over a few more times painted, it's been like stripped back painted. Ani, I actually know what this is. This is the Essence silky blow hydrating long wear concealer. She said that it was one of her favorite concealers, or potentially even her favorite conciler. And I was like, Essence, really I like Essence, But I was like, I don't think I've ever liked a base product.
Speaker 1: No, I get scared to try their base.
Speaker 2: And I'm so fussy with concealers, so I short thought, surely not ordered it five dollars fifty five dollars fifty yes, please correct, please cheaper than a coffee.
Speaker 1: Also, now you've explained who she is, She's like, I really love this. Not I really love this because it's a good affordable one and it's not tart. But she like, she just likes it. Do you know what?
Speaker 2: Sorry, Yeah, she doesn't cool. I'm sorry. I meant her niche She is that she only sort of ever talks about really affordable products. Yes, which I think is fantastic, Like we love affordable products. It's so serum, I know, okay, oh, with really good coverage.
Speaker 1: This one was on your nose when you came in. When I came in, you were concealing.
Speaker 2: Something under my nose. So it is a little bit fair for under my nose to be fair.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I did not expect it to be so since vibe well the brows essence. But it's very serum because I've used a few of the things a long time ago, and I'm like, oh yeah, it's okay, tiny bit chalky, I can make it work.
Speaker 2: But that chalky, no, get it away from my face.
Speaker 1: But you put that inother packaging. Oh my god, I know where's essence again? Chemistry house price, signed price sign. I order online so because I wanted it the next day. This is me, like I am in this world. Yet I will see something online and be like, well I must have it. Oh yeah, and if I can get it amazon Prime, I will order it Amazon Prime because I'm a consumerius six hoss. You're researching.
Speaker 2: I was researching for the pod exactly.
Speaker 1: I was like to take a break.
Speaker 2: I never take the Shelby said try this, or she didn't say try this. She said I like this, and I said all right, Shelby and ordering trucked in. The cart arrived the next day and went wholely.
Speaker 1: It's very good. It feels like he had a great little chat with your friend. But she has no idea that you're doing it.
Speaker 2: She has no idea in fact, and yeah, she'd be like, who is that old cat? She wouldn't love Lily. What's your MVP?
Speaker 1: My MVP is not a new product, but it's new to my life and to my heart. Okay, ASoP, I have not used a Soop skincare like facial care.
Speaker 2: I want to sniff because I love everything that.
Speaker 1: They do to you. First, I used to use a Sop my mom. That was like my second brand that I got onto as a teen. I know, like, go Mum, I know, I remember her taking me to day rich girl things. Well it was no I think. I was like, I tripped on my acne with that kind of acne stuff. So then Mom was like, oh that brand So's it's natural. Let's go to David Jones. Anyway, it's been around a long time. I recently went for a treatment. They've got an amazing store in Paddington and New South Wales. I'm sure they're everywhere. And she I explained my skin. I was like, it really hates me at the moment, but it's got some congestion. But it's just I don't know, and she put this on. She didn't tell me what she was doing, but I was like, what step is this? It felt like a kind of clayey jelly something, and she said, oh, this is the exholiating step. I was like, well, I never thought. Let me tell you why I love it, then you can play with it. I don't want to player, I just want to sniff. So it's a combination of pchas and BHA's, so it's pretty mild. I had no problem.
Speaker 2: Bach's the intense ones, but it's a mask that you can take off.
Speaker 1: I have realized that. I think me in the past and a lot of Ubis that have impaired their barrier or gone too hard. Strips there. You know, stratum corneum is because it's so easy these days. It's a liquid, it's a water watery substance and a pot and pad and you're like, this is quite a ritual, and that you put it on feels amazing. Like you're not going to overdo it because it takes more than one second. That's not so good.
Speaker 2: So this is what it's like. She painted on with a paintbrush. I obviously I'm not going to do that. They do that hopital so good.
Speaker 1: It's very cooling that there was very like not even a tingle for me. So I've used it a couple of times since, maybe twice a week. It's like a gel. What's wrong with you? You use that? It's expensive? Do you want to want to know how much I paid for that? Please tell me? Oh yeah, I've met to actually tell you use a tiny bit. Thank you very much? Did I paid for that with my own moneys? We should one hundred and twenty three dollars?
Speaker 2: Feels good?
Speaker 1: Yes, So it's gentle yet effective vitamins to a Planish It's like a gel mask. A little goes a long way. It's got quite a lot of slip. It's really beautiful. I chuck it on for a few minutes, no irritation, Definitely like bright and smoother afterwards. So I'm forgoing those two easy swipey ones at the moment and making my exoliation more intentional.
Speaker 2: I clearly have like a small cut or something on my fingers. It felt really good, but then I can feel the one. Yeah, you know it works. I just think it's gorgeous.
Speaker 1: I bought half the store after the facial, so I'm the sucker that they saw coming and I love it. My MVP.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of cheating because I brought in too, but my MVP is a lipstain. Why are some people still walking around with those piel Off lip stains? I'd love to know if someone could tell me?
Speaker 1: Why wait looking around with them on before they've peeled them off.
Speaker 2: No, like they'll be like get ready with me, and they're just walking around and they've got like the black outline on their lips because they haven't peeled it off yet. I don't know why they're still doing those. Those things are awful. They stain your teeth. They don't like, they're just not good.
Speaker 1: I know why because they wanted to literally like stain and then do a liproduct on top. Like I prefer that to take it off and then I just literally do my balm. But that's what you would do with this, so you don't take those off. But it doesn't feel like anything on your skin, does I like one of those. I'm not gonna take you which one.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't think that you can feel this on your skin. It doesn't even feel like lipliner today.
Speaker 1: But like say, like I would do one of the peel off the night before if I wanted to have it, because all my LIPSD is gone. If I wanted to have sort of a something the next morning, I.
Speaker 2: Would just put maybe okay, maybe that's why this is the Summer Friday's one, which is thirty five dollars and the Basics by B That's new, isn't it lipstain? I don't know which is thirty six dollars. Okay, so that's what they both look like. I cannot feel them. It doesn't feel like a lip pencil.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I love them too, but I do see the purpose of the pil off. Oh yeah, I just don't.
Speaker 2: I just love I'll pop this on and then I will pop on my bar or whatnot, and then just reapply the bar or the gloss throughout the day.
Speaker 1: For a lip. I guess if it's kind of giving you some insurance of color underneath.
Speaker 2: I on my Noma makeup days, I will still put brush my brows and put it on a lipstain. Now I'm obsessed with them. So lipstains are my MVP. And these are two fantastic ones.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm gonna try both of them. I've tried renever Okay, do you have to go now?
Speaker 2: We do, we do, but we'll be back in your yes in ears as always next week.
Speaker 1: And of course if you don't get enough of us here, I can be in your inbox Woo. The Free You Beauty newsletter, a love letter from me hits your in box every Friday. So if you're not signed up, head to the link of the show notes. There's extra content there, I promise.
Speaker 2: And you can also find us on socials, so we're carry on. We have a lot of fun over there, so we'll pop everything in the show notes.
Speaker 1: Can we go off toast? Now?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: Bye?
Speaker 1: See you next week. Bye.
Speaker 2: Mamma Maya acknowledges the traditional owners of the land on which we have recorded this podcast.