Speaker 1: I want the fairy tale. I want the prince charming.
Speaker 2: She how do I put this? Isn't a fan of my kissing.
Speaker 3: Style boyfriend and girlfriend for about twelve hours.
Speaker 1: He's in a trash bin. He's non recyclable catching.
Speaker 2: I loved being loved. I love love. On today's episode of Where's Your Head At, we'll be discussing body counts, which means the number of people you have slept with.
Speaker 3: We will also discuss when you can ask what someone's body count is and whether or not you should tell your partner how many people you slept with.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned.
Speaker 3: Where's Your Head At is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more.
Speaker 3: Hello Matt, Hello Anna.
Speaker 1: I've been dying to talk to you about this.
Speaker 3: And I can't believe this is the first time we're discussing this.
Speaker 1: Everyone's been waiting for this. Give us an update on Magical Date Girl.
Speaker 2: Ah okay, so the Magical Date Girl and I have been for a better time before. It's plodding on quite well. Now we are. We're exclusive. So that was a big step.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't really think the exclusives are massive step. Like it sort of comes to a point where you're like, Okay, I'm not interested in anyone else right now.
Speaker 1: You weren't doing it anyway.
Speaker 2: I wasn't doing it anyway. That's just you know, having the conversation, which I guess is something that we talk about, is a step in the relationship.
Speaker 1: It's a necessary step, it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, I'm very happy with how it's going to the point almost where I think there could be a chance I could ask her to be my girlfriend soon.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say anything too soon, but my goodness, yeah I don't. Yeah, let's just play it cool and oh see where it goes.
Speaker 3: Look, it's a question, how are you gonna ask her to be your girlfriend? Like in your mind, have you like conjured up a plan.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking about taking her down to like somewhere, a nice place, maybe somewhere maybe by the lake, I don't know, something nice on the nazy scenery, nice scenery.
Speaker 3: The next episode, can we potentially have our fingers crossed that maybe you have a girlfriend officially.
Speaker 2: I mean a lot could happen in a week. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up. Let's just see where the week goes.
Speaker 1: We'll see where the week goes.
Speaker 2: How about you, Anna, How are you and Michael traveling? How was he after his appearance on Where's Your Head At?
Speaker 3: I mean, look, you've met Michael many times. He's super confident, very charismatic, and I think he killed it. Like he doesn't do like the whole getting up in front of cameras or anything like this. So I was honestly so proud of him. I thought he did an amazing job. He obviously always speaks really well and eloquently. And yeah, things are going well between us, deeply into that honeymoon phase. I just don't want it to end. Like we're having so much fun together. We love hanging out with each other. Yeah, I'm really happy.
Speaker 2: As you know, he got a lot of positive feedback for his episode. But even better, it's happy that I'm happy that you guys are happy. I can see it on you, guys. I love being around you guys. You're cute and it's good to see. Thank you, mat But it brings us to our topic of today. Yeah, well, I'm going to straight up ask you. Have you had the conversation about your body count with him or his body count? Have you asked him?
Speaker 1: Hmm. Let's jump into the episode and we'll find out.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, Anna, So today we're talking about body count for people listening at home, what exactly does a body count mean?
Speaker 1: Okay? So, I mean, I guess it started from the army.
Speaker 3: It's the count of bodies that a soldier has killed from the enemy.
Speaker 1: But some how in our twenty first century world, it.
Speaker 3: Has transformed into being the number of people you've slept with. Matt.
Speaker 2: So, my mum would say, your notches in your bed head?
Speaker 1: In your bed head, have notches in the bell?
Speaker 2: In the bell?
Speaker 1: That the same one?
Speaker 2: I think that is? That's around the same thing.
Speaker 1: She's a notch in my belt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: So, Matt, would you reveal your body count to a partner if they asked you?
Speaker 2: Okay, great question. I love that straight up I have in the past. Yes, yeah, I would not now Okay. So second day with Magical Date Girl, we're on a walk and she asked me straight up what my body count was.
Speaker 1: Wow, big question for a second day.
Speaker 2: And I said, look, I have been in relationships where I've expressed it. It's backfired, it's been used against me, it's been thrown in my face. I'm not going to openly say it. It's by no stretch of the imagination, am I saying I've got hundreds, Like, that's not what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm not twelve hundred.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, so what I what I said to it was I said so on national television. I said that I had slept with one hundred and six women.
Speaker 3: You did so love island, and you got crucified for it.
Speaker 2: I did. The one thing my old man said to me was when I got off the show was he said, proud of you. You killed it amazing on there. Just you should not have expressed your body or how many women you've slept with. He said, that's just a gentleman doesn't do that. So I took that on board.
Speaker 3: And we've spoken about this as well, and you said to me it was your biggest regret. But let's dive into that. Why is that a regret of yours? Like, why is it so bad having people know how many people you've slept with?
Speaker 2: I think there's a massive stigma around it. Like the greater the number, the more people think are you're just slack? And I hate to say because I don't believe in it, but like you're more of a tar, you're more of a sleep around all that sort of stuff. Boy, yeah, fuck boy, And I don't believe in that sort of stuff. I mean, everything is like situational. I guess when I was younger, it was more of like something to be proud of to your mates. When I was immature and younger, it was like, oh, I've slept with X amount. But now you grow up and you realize it's not like it's just you know what I mean, It's not the be all and end all. It's just like You've been in a lot of situations where I've been able to sleep with different women.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, so you think that when you're younger, you kind of boast about it, and then maybe as you get older and that number is probably higher than you might like, you're a bit like embarrassed about it.
Speaker 1: Would you say?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wouldn't say embarrassed, but I mean people can use it against you. And that's what I said to Magical date girl. I said, I've been in a relationship where it was used against me. It wasn't me expressing that honesty wasn't the best idea. I said, you can tell me yours. I'm more than like she told me hers, And I was like, Okay, I just don't think that it's healthy to know your partner's BodyCount. I don't think really, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think I've always known all of my partners, and I feel like they've always known mine.
Speaker 2: So you openly will share it if they asked, yes, okay? And do they openly share it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean reluctantly sometimes that I might like push a little bit and I'll be like I really want to know, and then I'll get like a rough area. But yeah, I mean most of the time people are willing to share, wouldn't you say?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I was until, like I said, it was thrown in my face and used against me, And now I'm like.
Speaker 3: That's more just like toxic relationship vibes as opposed to like.
Speaker 2: I've been in healthy ones, and it's definitely been brought up as well. Really okay, yeah, like where they've said, well did you say this to all the X amount you've slept with? That sort of stuff, and I'm just like, it can leave for insecurities.
Speaker 3: I feel, yeah, So obviously personally for me, I'd say that my body count has always been substantially lower than the guys that I've dated, looking like their's is ten times twenty times more, And I'm like, WHOA, how is this possible? Like that's common right, Like guys have a way bigger body count than women generally speaking.
Speaker 2: I feel like, I don't know how you thought you think of this, but like I said, when you were younger, it was like you'd go out with the boys and you'd be like, all right, thriller, the kill who's picking up tonight? Sort of thing, and you'd go out for that reason.
Speaker 1: So it was like a game.
Speaker 2: It's not so much a game, but more like all right, Like that was the intention of going out. It was to take someone home, and that was where it was. And a lot of boys would do that, a lot of my mates would do that. I would find myself doing that if the opportunity arose. It was just how it was. And obstantially that's happening, and you're like eight a and going out a lot. That thing is continuously rising to x amount of numbers that you're on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, I know this sounds like a little bit silly, but I was always really conscious to keep my number quite low. I feel like the societal pressures that I felt like, you don't want to sleep with heaps of guys, Like I always had this thing where I was like, I don't want him to be able to say I've slept with adder.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't believe in the word slut. I don't think that. No, I know, I don't think that's a thing. I don't I was always raised by my mom and that not to give that word any attention. But I do agree with what you're saying. Yeah, you didn't want people to think that they're because when you have SEXI some one, you're opening yourself up to them and you're giving you your energy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it is. It's an energy shade.
Speaker 2: All right. And so what would your body count be around then? I know you're not going to give it exact number. What what are we looking at? Is it higher than twenty?
Speaker 3: It's not higher than twenty? How can I give enough away without telling? When I met Josh, my body count was at twelve. Okay, So I guess like people can kind of work out the math.
Speaker 1: But it's lower than twenty.
Speaker 2: So okay, I didn't I actually didn't know. I don't know what your body count was actually, but.
Speaker 1: Now you have a rough idea. What's your body count?
Speaker 2: That, like I said, I'm not going to The biggest regret was expressing the number. So when I was on Loveland, I was one hundred and six.
Speaker 3: And since twenty nineteen heavy partying days had a bit of a year relationship, and then you had some heavy party days, I feel like it would have gone up substantially.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've put a couple of notches in my BedHead. I mean, yeah, you've come off a show. It was like a lot of partying, A lot of you saw firsthand. You were there for a lot of it. Fortunately, Yeah, and then you saw what I was up to.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you think it matters?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Does it matter?
Speaker 3: Is it just like this thing that we talk about that really is irrelevant to everyone's lives?
Speaker 2: It depends I've been told about. I got told by a girl and hers was higher than I expected, and it took me off by guard.
Speaker 3: Question, was her body count higher than your body count?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, okay, okay, but I'm just gonna pause, you there, because look at the social norms that we've been conditioned to be accepting of men with a higher body count, but then there was a girl who didn't even have as high a body count as you, and it's caught you off guard like that just shows like such a separation between what's accepted from men and women.
Speaker 2: Right. Look, I didn't really care. I just was a bit taken back by that. It was nothing about women how much they're sleate with or guys how much devslate with. It was just me trying to calculate stuff in my head. Yeah, I have a friend who's a girl, and she's the exact same as like any guy would be. She doesn't care. She just she's totally fucked that stigma off and just gone all right, I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna do what I want to do. And my hat off to her because it's twenty twenty one and you have every right to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Matt.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: According to a twenty and eleven to twenty fifteen CDC data, women between the ages of twenty five to forty four had a median of four point two sexual partners, while men in that age group had a meeting of six point one sexual partners.
Speaker 1: Does that seem low?
Speaker 2: What? That seems very low?
Speaker 1: That seems very low to me.
Speaker 3: I mean when we were on Love Island we did a sexual education on Australians.
Speaker 2: I remember that, and that's that start reminded me of that bang on game.
Speaker 1: Because it felt lower than.
Speaker 2: It should have been, and I remember thinking to myself, this just doesn't seem Yeah, it seems very low.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I reckon the median body count for guys I've dated, they normally say it's like around one hundred.
Speaker 2: I feel like a lot of guys I know are around that at my age. What's Michael on guys you've done it?
Speaker 3: I did ask him if I was allowed to divulge this piece of information, and obviously he doesn't want that number out there for everyone, which is totally fair enough. I wasn't surprised by his number. I think it's like pretty normal for a.
Speaker 2: Guy like so it was around one hundred and something.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not going to say would I have liked it to be lower? Of course, like every girl wants to feel like their boyfriend was a virgin when when.
Speaker 1: They met them with all the experience with all the still want the experience.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, Matt, So I have an interesting survey to share with you. Out of two thousand people who were in relationships, forty percent hadn't disclosed their number, and of the fifty eight percent who.
Speaker 1: Had, nearly half shared information within three months of dating.
Speaker 2: Is it weird and that didn't share that with their partner?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, it is kind of weird, Like why wouldn't you share that information? Like obviously those people feel insecure, maybe they feel like they're going to be judged. They don't want their partner to have a negative opinion on them, so they're keeping that information to themselves. Also, interestingly, when it comes to sharing the numbers of past sexual partners, thirty two percent of the respondents admitted to changing their digits, with forty two percent of those being male and twenty three percent being females. So the males are actually being more dishonest with their partners.
Speaker 1: What do you think of that?
Speaker 2: I could see a couple of blokes maybe going under like less really play it down. Have you lied?
Speaker 3: No, I've never lied about my body count. I've just always been honest and transparent. But I guess I probably if someone asked me too soon, I might say I'm not going to tell you, or like, yeah, I feel like it's too soon to divulge that type of information.
Speaker 1: But yeah, like I actually.
Speaker 3: Going back to what we were saying before, I reckon that guys like amped up a little bit. Really Yeah, Like I once had a guys tell me he had slept with five hundred women, and I was like, how Like, I've done the math, you're a fuck boy, but like, how on earth.
Speaker 2: That's an extravagant amount. I think he's lying. There's no way you can How old.
Speaker 1: Was he thirty four at the time?
Speaker 2: Who know? It's given benefit of the day.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's jump into talking about what should you share with your partner and what should you not share?
Speaker 2: All right, guys, we're going to go through some things you should share with your partner and some things you shouldn't share with your partner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's jump in that. So the first thing that we think that you can share with your partner is your cheating history. It's good to be open and honest. I think if you've cheated and then you don't tell your partner, that information could be found out later or by an ex partner.
Speaker 1: That's where we get into the red zone. I think it's good to be transparent and honest about that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. I think this one should go without saying. You should share your medical history, so Sti's medical health and anything that could stop you from doing certain stuff. But they're going to pick up on it anyway, So it's better to be honest and upfront about that sort of stuff exactly.
Speaker 3: We then have You should also be open about financial issues. If you are joining partnerships with someone you're going to be a couple, you know, it becomes a joint battle, and I think if you're having issues, it's best to be upfront.
Speaker 2: How really do you bring financial stuff up? Because I know a lot of people are private about that. What would be recommended Tome?
Speaker 3: I mean, look, I really find it uncomfortable and I would prefer not to talk about it for the first like, say six months. And I think if you're in a strong relationship for six months, then you can talk about it. But of course, like finances come up here and there, like who's paying for this, who's paying for that? And you can slowly get into it and kind of eventually start talking about those bigger sort of topics and questions and future plans. But you know it doesn't have to happen straight away.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 3: We then have anxiety and depression. I think it's good in relationships. I suffer from anxiety. It's really good to be upfront and open about that. Like I've had boyfriends where they're really bad at dealing with it was about anxiety.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, one hundred percent agree. You need to know straight off how they're going to react to that and how they're going to handle it, because you need to be with someone that can handle your anxiety and your impression.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like you know, Michael also suffers from anxiety, and we're really good with dealing with each other's anxiety because we know about it. You know, if we know how to talk to someone with anxiety and how to not belittle them or make them feel less that.
Speaker 2: I've dated people that did not have to know how to deal with anxiety and fuck at least or some toxic.
Speaker 1: I mean that used to have these.
Speaker 3: So I'd be like, he doesn't he doesn't understand my anxiety, and he'd be like, same, she doesn't understand.
Speaker 2: It to try and match my anxiety levels and like fucking nasissy, don't do that.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Past trauma's grief and life changing events, they're so important to share with your partner.
Speaker 1: It brings a deeper sense of connection.
Speaker 2: And with that, the perfect timing is you'll know, you'll know when you're in the moment and you can express and share those moments with someone.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think it's really important to make sure that.
Speaker 2: I just put it all out on the table on the first date.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, no, And I think it's important to really like see how your partner reacts to that, Like do they acknowledge your feelings, did they ask you questions about it?
Speaker 1: Are they interested in it?
Speaker 3: Or do they kind of brush those past traumas under the rug and pretend that they don't exist. And I mean those things can be deal breakers as.
Speaker 2: Well, exactly. And lastly, I think you should share how your last relationship ended. I think that can definitely tell a lot about someone about how they go about things and where their heads at on certain stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think it's good to see if someone has really reflected on their relationship, they can see where things went wrong and they're willing to kind of work through and make sure those types of issues don't happen again in your relationship with them.
Speaker 2: How good is it when someone wants to learn and better themselves?
Speaker 3: Man, God sent Okay, Matt, we've spoken about the things that you should share with your partner, BodyCount being one, if you feel comfortable. But let's talk a bit about what you shouldn't be talking to your partner about.
Speaker 2: I think intimate details about your sexual past. Magical Dategirl and I were very open about that at the start YEP. Obviously, when there's not many feelings floating around.
Speaker 1: It's you don't care.
Speaker 2: You're like, yeah, oh you like to do that, you know what I mean? Like that sort of stuff goes around. But then as you feelings start to grow, emotions start to come into play. We learned the hard way that we have now nipped that in the butt. We don't you don't want to talk, We don't talk about that stuff. Yeah, it took a real nasty turn one night and we just realized that's not what we want to talk about anymore.
Speaker 3: And like, if you love someone, you don't want to hear about their threesomes and foursomes and crazy Escapades in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Like do you know it was, it's in the past.
Speaker 3: Let's leave it in the past, and like, let's focus on you guys.
Speaker 2: That list of things was just an absolute digger me.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It's the first thing that came to my mind. Okay. The next thing is, we don't want to talk about all.
Speaker 3: The faults from our last partners and all the problems that we face with them and how bad of a person they are.
Speaker 1: Like, no one wants to hear that.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day, you were with that person at one point, it couldn't have been all bad.
Speaker 1: And you know, again it's good to be respectful.
Speaker 2: Again, we were guilty of that as well, and we've nipped that in the butt. Really at the start, we were very expressive on what went wrong and what the faults were, and we've said no more of that. We don't. It does. It's top seck and it doesn't need to be done in a relationship.
Speaker 1: The last one that and this one, oh my.
Speaker 3: Goodness, is so stressful in relationships and put a massive stress on them, is not to talk about whether you miss your ex boyfriend or girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, look, this comes into the thing as well. Is if like I've been guilty of this in the past, is comparing your current relationship to your.
Speaker 1: Last You've done that.
Speaker 2: I have done that.
Speaker 1: I did that, really did do that. I never do that.
Speaker 3: I always take every relationship as like a separate entity and like separate thing.
Speaker 2: I did it once and I'll never do it again. It's toxic. It's toxic, and it just it dooms something from the start. Yeah, Like you sit there and you're like, oh, well, she wouldn't have done it like this, that we would do this. Take every situation.
Speaker 1: Everyone's different, Yeah, and attack it differently. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, question, do you think you should even be in a relationship if you miss your eggs per No, you.
Speaker 2: Need to go be single and reflect.
Speaker 1: And yeah, like you're in the wrong relationship.
Speaker 3: Like I don't miss any of my exes, like like factually, like don't miss them, Like, yeah they were great people.
Speaker 1: Yeah I was with them at one point. Yeah, they have good qualities. Do I miss them? No?
Speaker 3: Like, why would I be with someone else if I still had a longing to an ex?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean if you still, like you said, if you still are thinking about your ax and have feelings and you miss them, do not get into another relationship, move past that, build on yourself, and then find a new relationship.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, well that's all we have time for today. I hope you've enjoyed this episode on body counts.
Speaker 1: We'd love to hear what your body.
Speaker 3: Count is, so we are gonna leave a question box on our Instagram page Where's your Head at pod I'll be.
Speaker 2: Surprised if people are honest or they're just lying and making stuff up.
Speaker 1: Well, let's have some honesty, guys. We want to hear.
Speaker 2: We want to see what the average number is because we don't believe the facts that we were told.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, we want to We want to get a realistic number, So hit us up. We want to hear. If you're not following where's your Head app podup, make sure you do that now and until next time.
Speaker 1: Bye bye