Speaker 1: Getting every morning every day, gentlemen Adelaide, we say very good morning to our premier, Peter Mellon Owskers.
Speaker 2: Hello, good morning, morning team.
Speaker 3: How are we We're good? Are you on the school run this morning? Is that what's happening?
Speaker 2: No, Tuesdays is always complete chaos in our house? So no, I'm so yes, there is a bit of a h I've got all four to drop off this morning, so it's been been he they're very very glad to be with you guys.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you? So where are they?
Speaker 1: Are we going to all different directions because in our house we have three different drop offs.
Speaker 3: Is that the situation challenge?
Speaker 2: But yeah, the challenge is young George Tuesdays is in childcare, so just adds an extra an extra drop. But it's all all part of the fun, isn't it.
Speaker 4: A little bit loose? To George? We're hearing.
Speaker 2: We've been fired up when I wouldn't let him take his fire truck with him this morning.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: When you commander you the morning traffic premier, do you get authority?
Speaker 3: Do you get right away? Do you get to that.
Speaker 2: Doesn't doesn't quite work? There's no there's no green lights or anything or anything like that. But we've got to really start this morning, so we've beat most of the run, which is good.
Speaker 1: Well, that's good, Okay. Ed Sheeran coming to Adelaide on March the fifth next year. He's announced other tour dates elsewhere. Is there a chance that he might announce more here?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. I haven't had anything to do with this one. The Caddy Perry opportunity was a magic moment that sort of presented itself at a point in time. But this one, this one's sort of above my pay grade. Head students. Obviously a superstar will wrap that he's coming to Adelaide. I mean, I think last time I came, I think there was sixty thousand people at adlaid Over when he came a few years ago. It was crazy, And it's great that he's got us on the itinerary again. Whether or not there's a second contest concert that will be sort of up to promoters and at that over, I mean, it's it's a real estament to the capacity of the staff and the team at Alado Over. They can turn around the facility in such short order at what is a pretty busy time of the year, coming into the beginning of the footy season, so that there's a lot of complexity evolved in this scheduling arrangement. But it's just good that we're very much these days increasingly on the itinery of these big international acts, which you know South austral has always wanted.
Speaker 1: Let's turn serious for just a moment and the algill bloom crisis, obviously you're on the York Peninsula yesterday. We first become aware of this back in March. We're into July. It's an ongoing crisis. We had the Health Federal Environment Minister, sorry Murray What in town last week. He stopped short of calling it a disaster. I think you showed him otherwise, Murray What.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Look, I've been pretty clear about this. I mean, I know I've been going to be a little bit frustrated that sort of the sort of arguments about calling it what it is. I mean, this is our natural disaster and it deserves to be recognize this. It's affected twenty seven percent of our coastline. There are over four hundred species of marine life that have been affected. And then of course that has implications for our commercial fishes. And we've been flat out making sure that we structure an industry support package that I was able to release yesterday, just to make sure that we're providing support to those need At most, these are the biggest government grants that were provided in an emergency in the state's history. Like in terms of the value of the amount available I to one hundred thousand dollars for those most harshly impacted. It eclipses any support that was provided during COVID, for instance. So we're treating this really seriously. I think you're right, Jody. This sort of started back in March, and all the scientists were telling us in March April May that it would be gone by June, and here we are in late July and it hasn't yet happened. So when given that the science is evolving and changing and the forecasts haven't played out the way that you know we were told, we're certainly recalibrating all our plans and making sure that we're turning our minds to how this might plant in the future. No, we're standing the fact. We hope that it does go away in the remaining time that we've got during winter.
Speaker 1: Well, let's hope those grounds help out those business owners who are obviously struggling. I tell you what else has been a natural disaster, and that's Port Adelaide's season Saturday Night one hundred.
Speaker 3: Point belting at the hands of the Crows, which hurts.
Speaker 1: If you're a Port supporter, Have you torn up your membership premiere or are you standing strong? No?
Speaker 2: I never do that, Never do that. You gotta hold the line. I tell you what I mean. I'm mean, I wear my heart my sleeve in terms of being a Port supporter. But the Crows are absolutely flying at the moment I've had. I've had the Crows coming back into the top eight for the last three seasons. So this year my prediction finally come true. But I was going to the person I give a shout out to most is Mattie Nix. I mean, he was at Port alo there were huge wraps on him and there are no shorte of Crow supporters that were questioning Matthew Nicks's sort of ability as a coach, and they've all gone quiet. I think it's just a testament to his resilience and calmness. And now he's got them absolutely firing, and and you know, all credit to them. It's impossible and I and if they can remain injury free, then anything's possible come September.
Speaker 1: So it feels like there's a sense and there's a Premier And at the moment, no, no.
Speaker 2: There is no no trust me, anyone that bought witness to the events on on Saturday night is alive to the fact that Port's a long way to go. But no, there's no there's no pretending here that I'm not a die hard Port supporter. But you've got to give credit where it's due, even if it's a give pill to swallow sometimes.
Speaker 3: All right, Premier, we want to thank you for your time this morning.
Speaker 1: We're going to let you go and deal with George in that fire truck situation.
Speaker 2: It's developed, thankfully, that's one of our extraordinary childcare workers problems else but there's good people and I'm sure I'm sure he's calmed down outsourcing it.
Speaker 4: It's best.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you so much for your time. We really appreciate it.
Speaker 4: A big question, Jodes, is when you die, what happens? Well, what happens? Do you go somewhere else?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: I hope so everyone hopes, don't they.
Speaker 1: Because I don't want that to be it. I don't want to be darkness and no more and never see my kids every day. That's grim, isn't it.
Speaker 5: A fit and healthy woman who lay dead on the floor of her local gym after suffering a cardiac arrest has shared her near death experience. Her name is Victoria Thomas tough one Vicki. She collapsed while taking part in a boot camp class and was technically dead for seventeen minutes.
Speaker 4: Personal train is worse not she a right dead? Oh boy. So many people who cross over to.
Speaker 5: The other side and come back share stories of feeling peaceful and seeing a tunnel of bright, soothing light. Miss Thomas tells a totally different tale. Oh no, she said. When it happened, it went black and there was nothing. Then I became aware of looking down on my body, she said. I was floating near the roof and was looking down at myself on the gym floor. My first thought was, she's my legs look really fat.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, yourself, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: That doesn't that speak volumes about the way women see themselves even in the afterlife.
Speaker 3: We can't respect our bodies.
Speaker 5: Oh God's getting ready to say come to the light. She's like, cheers, My legs look fat.
Speaker 3: What the hell's wrong with my thigh? Why there's so much cellular goes?
Speaker 4: Do you know what? Do you know what? Go back, go back, go back, go back and fix it. Go back. Let her go from fifty minutes that she gave back to Lafe.
Speaker 3: Chuck her on the StairMaster and let her go.
Speaker 1: That's said to the states where the headline smart sex toy malfunctions during a Zoom meeting. Yeah you heard Bertu, So, a tech savvy woman learned the hard way that not every Bluetooth enabled gadget plays nice with work calls. She'd been experimenting, as you do, with a remote controlled vibrator app designed for couples that is classic and forgotten. It was still sync to her phone, which she then used to start up a Zoom strategy meeting for her startup company. Midway through a presentation on quarterly metrics, Oh my god, something please happen in this meeting to make it interesting.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, yes it does.
Speaker 1: The toy suddenly kicked into high gear, clearly audible through her lapel mic. One colleague thought it was a nearby leaf blof. She's the neighbors tidy. Another asked if someone's phone was vibrating until her face turned beat red, and she muttered, I think we need to circle back to that.
Speaker 4: That's a great way out. Let's just circle back, guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The incident went viral internally, and she's since changed all herd of US permissions and reportedly renamed the app on her phone to do not open during work.
Speaker 5: Wowe, guys, can you please during work meetings? Just keep your leaf blowers in the bedroom.
Speaker 3: US President Donald Trump's in Scotland and no one wants in there.
Speaker 5: What hasn't he been embraced by the Scots.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: No, your people, actually my people, for goodness sake, it's big bad DT get around.
Speaker 1: Oh man, okay, so's he arrived on Friday and it's triggered all these protests in Scotland with hundreds of people lining the streets in Edinburgh. They're waving placards or place cards or whatever you call them, taking home at the US president, including with Scottish slang. One of them said, hope your next jobby as a hedgehog. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know what a hedgehog means, but what I did learn via my wife that up pillock. That's one of the things I call when someone's an absolute pillock. It's like a deal, like an idiot. Yeah, yeah, such a pillic.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I just read out something really rude or not. There's but if you're Scottish and you're listening thirteen twenty four ten, did I.
Speaker 4: Just defend you old ginger Hedgehog.
Speaker 1: So he's arrived and he's told reporters I'm going to visit my two golf properties in Scotland. One's in Turnbree on the west coast where he played on Saturday, and the other one's near Aberdeen on the east coast. He's got two golf courses in Scotland. Wow, that's that's not cool. When you don't have any friends, do you have a listen to the protesters tee off so to speak on Trump, but.
Speaker 2: Absolutely appalled that Donald Trump is in the country. Yes, again, we.
Speaker 3: Should not be spending money to protect him. There's a secret service, they can see the work.
Speaker 4: We just assume that in Scotland there's always bad the background.
Speaker 1: In every circumstance you go to the toilet in Scotland, someone's playing.
Speaker 4: The bagpipes theme in Scotland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's unbelievable. But the thing that caught my eye is that he was out playing golf and everyone knows a golf cheap, right, So he's hit the ball into the bunker and there's a video of his caddy just walking along and dropping a fresh ball next to the bunker for a more favorable lie for the US president.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, I reckon. It's been questioned before whether he cheats on the golf.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's been whole books written about his behavior on golf courses and how he cheats.
Speaker 3: It's absolutely astonishing.
Speaker 1: But don't you think that says a lot about a man's honesty and the way he goes about things, the way he plays golf and the way he conducts himself.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So even I play golf really early with Dad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Dad was so like a man's character is judged on the golf course.
Speaker 4: Yes, that was his whole thing.
Speaker 5: And he was so unbelievably strict on everything, and that is, you know, no talking during the backswing, don't let your shadow go over the trajectory of the part, and all these types of things. And I just remember being like, oh my gosh, I've got to be on my absolute best behavior at all times on the golf course, otherwise I might go to jail.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely, it's a big thing. Golf etiquette.
Speaker 1: What does it say about a man who tries to sneak in nine holes in an afternoon when he's supposed to be working, and he tells his wife that he's not on the golf course, what does it say his character?
Speaker 3: I'm just asking for a friend.
Speaker 5: Let's not name anyone, but I feel like I've got an idea of who you're talking about, do you.
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean I don't know these things. I don't know too much about the way to conduct yourself on a golf course. But I would say that that makes him a lying piece of.
Speaker 4: Jokes. Men's emotional support systems have changed over the journey.
Speaker 3: Oh is it not beer anymore?
Speaker 5: It's not beer, it's a significant other. A new survey shows that seventy two percent of men view their girlfriend as their emotional safe space, more than any friend, parent, or sibling. So the data reveals how romantic relationships are becoming central to men's emotional support systems in today's society. So this reflects a cultural shift where men feel more vulnerable and open in intimate relationships, but also warns of emotional over reliance on partners. So basically, unlike older generations, they're shifting away from being vulnerable to their mates and investing it all in their partners, which is fraught with danger if that relationship breaks down.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's where the trouble starts, isn't that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, but that's fine. I'm all in?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 5: When I read this, I realized how all in I am, which can be good and bad. That I am absolutely emotionally invested and give it all to my wife car But then sometimes you sort of feel like you're seeing yourself unload as well, which can be not fair.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're worried about that it's too much for her to be able to handle?
Speaker 4: What if she leaves me? Oh god? Nearby? You know?
Speaker 5: Do you feel like that with your beautiful I mean, this is a bit of an intimate conversation, but do you feel like that your beautiful husband Greg is as open and vulnerable as you can be. It's shifting from maybe expressing this stuff to her mates to more so sharing this sort of stuff with your partner.
Speaker 1: Well, he's not a talker, and when he does talk, he talks fast, so half the time.
Speaker 3: My head's spinning out. I don't what's going on. But no, quite seriously, though, he doesn't.
Speaker 1: He doesn't talk to anyone else really about what's going on in his life. I mean, I'm like, he'll he'll go on the golf course with his mates and something will be going on with his mates, whether it be with their wife or whatever, and he'll just be like, I'll give you a prime example. Actually, Okay, So one of his best mates, his mother passed away last week.
Speaker 3: And I said, well have you have you? Have you spoken?
Speaker 1: Have you spoken to him? And he said yeah, And I said, well what did he say? And he's like, oh, not much And that was it.
Speaker 3: Whoa whoa whoa?
Speaker 1: Like can you imagine if if that was a female version of events. He tears and they'd been outpouring of grief and there'd be all sorts of things. But that you guys just don't have those conversations. And I feel like I'm probably like you with Kara, I'm the only one that he opens up to about anything.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 5: It's completely changed, and we're not good at that we're certainly not good at open up to our mates. And I'm saying, thing, if I catch up mates, and what're you talking about? I'm like, I don't know, old footy stories, that's it. How is this this? And I'm like, we didn't cover that thing, So it's a phenomenon. I don't I don't understand it.
Speaker 3: Like Google go on.
Speaker 1: The golf course with his family, like his dad and his brother. I'll be like, Oh, did you ask him such and such about such and such. He'd be like, NA, Like, what the what do you talk about?
Speaker 4: Because the other thing that I saw as well, just on this.
Speaker 5: So if I'm completely emotionally invested in sort of handing it off to my partner, that's great. But at the same time, didn't know I saw on Instagram it was a It was a little story about how, for some reason, we put up a version of our best selves and a front to the people that we don't like, but then we're vulnerable and we argue and we have a crack of the people that we actually do love.
Speaker 4: Why do we do that?
Speaker 3: Isn't that true?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: Why the hell do we do that?
Speaker 5: Why do I pretend to be someone and like someone that I genuinely don't, and I say, the stuff you need to get out of your system for your partner.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The only person that I really really genuine love and care about is a person that you throw a bit of fire up because you need to get out of you stuff that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: It really doesn't doesn't. Oh, yeah, it's true.
Speaker 1: And I think the answer there is to not give energy to people you don't like and to take a little better care of the people that you love.
Speaker 4: I need to know, I need to know now.
Speaker 3: I need to know. I need to know.
Speaker 4: I need to know what news today.
Speaker 3: To know this just what you need to know, you know what you need to know with Jody and Ady, definitely need to know. If it's been a fire at the Smiths.
Speaker 1: I can't say Smith's crisps factory, Smith's chips factory.
Speaker 5: Wow, I'm our resident gobbledoc and that is producing. Lucy has all the details.
Speaker 6: Just after one I am there was a fire in one of the production ovens. I believe it is all business as usual. Fire cruiser on the scene though, trying to work out what the cause is. But if you are in the mood for some chips today, well, they're already on the shelves, so you'll be fine.
Speaker 4: So go ahead, You're fine, that's fine.
Speaker 1: There's not going to be any sort of panic buying for chips or anything like that.
Speaker 4: Is there. Yeah, So if you're eating Smith's cris for breakfast too, don't worry. Everything's going to be fine. So continue on eating.
Speaker 1: Chips for Brecky favorite flavor, strange cap snaphole, don't.
Speaker 4: I'm just going to go straight for the original, the originally in the best.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sultan vinegar though a bit of a.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if you eat tony salt and vinegar chips as a child, that used to sometimes happen.
Speaker 3: And then you can't feel your.
Speaker 4: Lips, Yeah, you can't feel the lips in the roof of your mouth. Your probably gets all destroyed. Too much flavor.
Speaker 3: Hasn't added complication.
Speaker 1: What about when you've got a little cut in your mouth?
Speaker 6: Oh, but you take that risk as a kid, don't you.
Speaker 3: Oh you roll the dice, but it tastes good.
Speaker 4: You guys get ulcers sometimes I get ulcers right now? Do I got two of my tongue? Yah?
Speaker 5: I regularly get ulcers and you throw some in my mouth. Just an absolute mess at the moment, out of my mouth because man, yeah, salt chips, some ulcers.
Speaker 4: Oh that's not a good time.
Speaker 3: No, thank you? What brings it? Okay, we've digressed. I don't want to.
Speaker 1: I want to know why you get ulcers in your mouth? Is it when you're tired? Is it when you're flat?
Speaker 4: Jodie?
Speaker 5: What brings on ulcers in my mouth is none of your business? No, it's usually stress thing.
Speaker 3: It's usually going to say if you run down a little bit stressed.
Speaker 4: But I think it's a weather for me as well, because it's so brutally cold at the moment.
Speaker 3: Tell us why he's stressed? Hazy, open up? What's wrong? Tell this is a safe space.
Speaker 4: I just want these edge sheer and digts so bad.
Speaker 3: I hate more good news this morning.
Speaker 1: So you know how we've often said, all the health experts say that you should walk ten thousand steps per day. That's the aim, right for optimal health. At No, sweetie, you just need seven thousand.
Speaker 4: I don't need to do this, you see, seven thousand steps much more doable. Yes, what is it?
Speaker 3: Three thousand steps less?
Speaker 2: What's seven?
Speaker 3: Oh god? Okay, I was going to do it?
Speaker 4: What sweet jokes.
Speaker 5: What you're doing is you've got ten thousand, yeah, and then it's minus three thousand, which is three kkes, and what you're left with is seven thousand steps.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's where, right, I was trying to convert it into kilometers.
Speaker 3: Shut up, you do the mass next time. Ten minutes. Right, we're about the shade coming from old Ulca mouth over here.
Speaker 4: You just gave me another also, no.
Speaker 3: So they've done it just quickly.
Speaker 1: They've done like some research in Sydney, and they're saying that if you do seven thousand steps today, that will lower your risk of developing cancer, type two diabetes, dementia and depression.
Speaker 3: So you just knock up seven thousand songs that'll do, Pig, that'll do.
Speaker 4: I feel like that is achievable.
Speaker 5: Seven twenty six on Adelaide's Over nine on nine, How good stuff, Jones and Look good News, just around the corner songs A song, song, song, Jesus jeez, that could bring you an Also, I.
Speaker 1: Might do seven thousand steps out the door. I don't have to blaw.
Speaker 5: This is such a fun and wholesome game that doesn't get personal at all.
Speaker 1: Okay, playing this morning is Kim from Riverton, Good morning, Kim.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Hello. Who's team you want? You're definitely I love your faith with me, Kim. It's misplaced, but thank you anyway.
Speaker 4: What happened there? Kim?
Speaker 3: Shut up?
Speaker 4: Ok you it in terms of tactics for the game at first with.
Speaker 3: This, all right? Teagan from Williamstown, good morning, good morning. How are you and we're good? Good? You're on team Hazy this morning.
Speaker 1: Your job, shall you choose to accept it, is to keep him grounded and not obnoxious.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's up to you.
Speaker 1: Overhits, fresh Hits, anthrobax orchestralized. Your task and my task is to identify the song and artists and producing.
Speaker 3: Lucy, your job is to be quite.
Speaker 6: Strict, exact, name and exact, because otherwise I actual look the art.
Speaker 3: But someone has a tantrum. Someone has a man tantrum?
Speaker 4: Is that me?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Okay, that is true? All right, Wall was entertainment family passed up for grabs. First song, Ready to Go Joe's best of three. Yep, here we go.
Speaker 3: Joy Jody, that is I know, I know the band and I.
Speaker 4: Hazy. She looks so good. Norect in her underwear.
Speaker 3: No, no buzzy amount lost. Yeah, that's not the title. That's not the title.
Speaker 4: No, No, I'm not I'm not the same th.
Speaker 3: Lucy. She looks so perfect standing there and I'm America. Get a peril on. We're perfect. It's perfect. She looks so perfect.
Speaker 4: Ah by five Sauce, she looks so perfect. I can where do they change it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And also in my head, in my head, it was just screaming one direction, one direction, one direction.
Speaker 5: It's a common mistake. Five sauce and I'm sure five Sauce heard that. They take it as a compliment.
Speaker 1: Also, what about you buying time your little cheap I know, Donald Trump on a golf course right now.
Speaker 4: That's what My bockets are full of golf balls. All right, here we go, Second song, second song, second.
Speaker 5: Just the way you are Bruno Mars correct, See you.
Speaker 6: Ladies change amazing house.
Speaker 3: Just that's really kind.
Speaker 4: H do you know what? That's the U tag? And by the way, thank you we have we haven't finished.
Speaker 3: You haven't won?
Speaker 4: Oh sorry sorry sorry we should finished? Ophuldn't we?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: See here's the deal.
Speaker 5: Like last week, because we had a bit of a rough roend last week, you need to get this song for a draw, so both Kim and Taking can pick up a little Wallace entertainment about you. Otherwise I absolutely wiped the floor with you.
Speaker 4: Ready to go?
Speaker 3: What one? Nil?
Speaker 4: Third song? Ready, Yep, here we go, Gaga just dances it.
Speaker 2: Is it is.
Speaker 4: Just dance with me it Sagan? Where do you want to go? See? Take? Not too sure yet?
Speaker 1: You two can go along for the kids, having your whore two together?
Speaker 4: Maybe all right?
Speaker 5: All right, I can go to last Years. That was a good, fun, clean contest, wasn't it. It's yabby?
Speaker 1: Yeah, apologies, Kim, thank you so much for playing. I really appreciate you and your faith God worries.
Speaker 4: What did you learn, Kim? She still choose you as well? Did I say she'd still choose you in the future? There you go.
Speaker 5: Wall was the entertainment Mitch of Mount Barker no longer and Pickadilly you're home of big screen magic and entertainment.
Speaker 4: So Joe, it's who are we looking at?
Speaker 5: That takes us two songs A song song sixteen to eleven. Yep, oh boy, I'm just looking back.
Speaker 4: I can't find you gards ya