Speaker 1: Wait wait, Welcome to the Waked plays.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show. Good evening. We're so glad you're here.
Speaker 3: I'm Li's story here with Kayla Bond and Joe Hildebrand. Coming up tonight, Stoked Scott's thank Premier Dan Andrews former Premier Dan Andrews for gifting them the Commonwealth games on the Victorian taxpayers dollar and coming up in the papers, restaurant owner yal asback rather al Yazbaks forced out of his own company after displaying a stop Nazi Israel sign.
Speaker 2: Hasn't gone very well for him, has it?
Speaker 3: Also in the papers, New South Wales Reconstruction Authority decides that an earthquake isn't classified as a natural disaster, So everyone who wanted to make an insurance claim is very sad, but the insurance companies are loving it. But first tonight today the New South Wales Finance Minister, her name is Courtney whosaus announced that millions of New South Walians it's going to be a term because I'm going to keep using.
Speaker 2: It until it is refer on to us as Welshman. I can't do it.
Speaker 3: We're Walians, You're a welsh Woman, has announced that thousands millions in fact of New South Walians have been ripped off by merchant fees charged by two government agencies, both New South Wales Revenue and Services New South Wales to the tune of one hundred and forty four million dollars since two thousand and sixteen.
Speaker 2: They're not allowed to charge merchant.
Speaker 3: Fees and they were told this by the Crown Solicitor's Office three times. Courtney, who saw says I find these revelations extremely concerning and I can't see how there is an excuse for a government agency to be repeatedly advised that an activity is unlawful and to continue doing it now. This is no small matter, given that these two agencies make up the vast bulk of financial transactions going from the taxpayer straight into the government's coffers. But Damien tuden Hope, who was the Finance Minister in the last two coalition governments here in New South Wales and is now the Shadow Treasurer, says he has.
Speaker 2: No idea what she's talking about.
Speaker 3: He says, I'm not denying that the advice from the Solicitor's Office, the Crown Solicitor's Office exists, but I don't ever recall seeing any such advice, and if I had received any advice, I would have raised it immediately. If there's an agency in possession of that Crown Solicitor's advice, I thcourage them to produce it. Well, certainly someone is in possession of said advice, because the government can name the dates, the three dates on which the Solicitor's Office sent this advice to the government. The matter has now been referred to the New South Wales.
Speaker 2: On Budsman and I cack.
Speaker 3: But what justice can there be in this situation, Caleb, When you've got millions of Ozzie's We're talking about over ninety two million credit card transactions. They've been slugged with a fee that's illegal. There's no way you can make it up to them anyway.
Speaker 4: Yes, there is, give us our money back. Give it's the refund. It's as simple as that. Now we know that governments don't like giving up money, whether it be tax or anything else. So look, I'll hold on for that one to come through. I would also tell Damian Tude Hope to be very careful when things are going before I cack to use the words I don't recall because I think that cost one of your colleagues his position as premier. Once upon a time, it reminded me exactly recall it happened.
Speaker 1: But this is an absolute disgrace.
Speaker 4: Right, the advice exists, and the current government knows that they've seen the advice now clearly it had not come across their desks before this, and they have been so outraged by themselves. I mean he this is a government actually saying, actually, we are charging your legal fees here. We better put a stop. They've sent it off to the Eyekake and it needs to be dealt with. The government should be hauled over. The calls for this because they.
Speaker 1: Get enough money out of us as.
Speaker 4: It is, whether it's your car, red Joe and one hundred other fees that you've got to pay for certain things, and they go up and up and up every year. The government charges you an illegal fee. Well, imagine if anyone else did something illegal, the moral law would be used against them. And here we have a case of the people who create the law. And you know, look after the application of the law, breaking the law, what what sort of repercussion is there going to be?
Speaker 2: They were advised.
Speaker 5: We've accidentally overcharged you will just rest Oh really, can I accidentally take out more money than I have?
Speaker 6: If that's what we're going to down.
Speaker 5: This is absolutely spectacular work by of course lives your friends in mine, the Men's labor government in New South I know a labor a good solid mainstream labor. Right government looks like bread and butter issues finding out where punters, every day punters have been ripped off. He's doing it with things like tolls and other transport charges. And they're doing it with this. Courtney Husso is a fantastic woman. She's been a crusading finance minister. She's been great on things like housing as well.
Speaker 2: This is certainly impressive.
Speaker 5: What a fine and it's great, that's right. Who else would go through? Like just imagine any other government would go through and do this. Can you imagine just into Alan going through, Say, I wonder where the previous government might have accidentally overcharged Paul.
Speaker 6: She needs every Victorians, that's.
Speaker 2: Right, and mentioning this government.
Speaker 3: The Men's government has canceled nearly all most of these effective immediate, that's right, that's right. So that's how quickly they can do.
Speaker 1: When they're a man of action.
Speaker 6: A man of action.
Speaker 5: So yeah, that David Chube Hope is lovely man and everything. Of course, I like everybody, as you know, to say, you know, I don't recall seeing such advice. I'm not saying such advice doesn't exist, but I just don't recall seeing it. That is, in fact the ultimate sort of eye cack response, because you're not actually denying anything, and you're not even you're not even denying seeing it. You're just denying recalling seeing I think, if I remember correctly, Boff's problem, all both actually had to say. Barry Farrell, the forman you said that was premier. All he had to do was say that he did not recall getting a bottle of wine. But I think he was so confident.
Speaker 6: That didn't get a bottle wise and oh no, no, that never happened. Then it did.
Speaker 5: He goes, oh, well, fair cop, I'm off to run the cricket whatever help.
Speaker 2: It worked out.
Speaker 6: Well, he's having a great time. It's like I should, I should screw up more often.
Speaker 1: Politicians never.
Speaker 4: I mean, their memory is about as selective as my father's hearing. I just remember sitting at the dinner table as a kid, and you'd say something and then just sit there eat and he had no idea that you'd said it.
Speaker 1: Either that or he just ignored that you'd said it. Politicians do it all the.
Speaker 4: Time, but it raises the question if it's illegal in New South Wales and it's been going on in New South Wales for so long, what about all the other states, Because this is exactly the same situation in Victoria, South Australia, Queensland, Western Australia. Anytime you use your credit card to pay for your car, regil whatever, you get slugged some sort of surcharge for it.
Speaker 1: Let's start looking into that.
Speaker 4: I hope every other state government in the country has the courage to look into those fee is, because.
Speaker 1: My god, they should not be charged.
Speaker 4: And of course you'll remember the Albanezi government last week sort of came up with their first election promise and said that they would in a year's time, assuming they're re elected, ban credit card surcharges on a federal level when it comes to going to the shops. Let's hope the states do exactly the same thing. Speaking of the States, the United States, the election inches closer and every day it just seems to get worse for Kamala Harris, She's going backwards in the polls, and Trump's going forwards.
Speaker 1: That master choke of course of his.
Speaker 4: Over the weekend going to Macas and guess what we have another example of Harris plagiarizing. We brought you the story a week or two ago about large tranches of a book she wrote back in two thousand and seven about Crime having been copied from Wikipedia and other academic pieces.
Speaker 1: Well, an outlet in the.
Speaker 4: US has looked further into her publications and lo and behold found more. They report that, in the most egregious allegation so farm As, Harris, who was then San Francisco District Attorney, is accused of lifting almost twelve hundred words from the two thousand and seven congressional testimony of Republican Paul low Logley, sorry, the District Attorney of Winnebago in Illinois. It represented eighty percent of her fifteen hundred words submitted testimony to the House Judiciary Committee in support of the John R. Justice Act, a student loan repayment scheme for prosecutors, and of course, at the time she was a prosecutor. She then went on to be the Attorney General of California. And guess what they found another example where she took some text from the website for the National Human Trafficking Hotline. Now, this piece of text on the Human Trafficking Hotline's website was an example of the sort of phone calls they receive. Not an actual phone call they received, just an example of the sort of stuff they hear on the hotline.
Speaker 1: It's not real.
Speaker 4: It's a made up one, because of course you can't give out actual phone calls you receive privacy and whatever else. But just giving people an idea of what they hear every day. Well, she took that, Harris took that, quoted it verbatim.
Speaker 1: It's not real. Quotes did the whole.
Speaker 4: Thing and it wasn't even real. And of course you know it's not only these changes of texts of Wikipedia and whatever in books and submissions to congressional hearings. That she's stealing all her policies from Trump. As we past, she is a professional plage.
Speaker 1: Arise, how can you take her seriously at this?
Speaker 6: Well, on the.
Speaker 5: Helpline that you just mentioned, Apparently authorities concerns were raised when the text that she read out as that was real was help help I've been invited to a party by P Diddy.
Speaker 6: And that was something. Hey, that's doesn't sound like a p okay.
Speaker 5: So I've never understood plagiarism in the first place. It is the absolutely it is the worst thing you can do a journal like. It is just so lazy and it is pretty much unforgivable. I'm not sure if many, if any, people have really come back from it. It's I don't know. As a right I just cannot fathom. As a writer, it would be like, can you imagine a painter like doing a knockoff of the Mona Lisa and saying, look, I did this, Like, how could you live with that? If you actually care about what you're doing, and you actually have any degree of integrity or love for what you're doing, and if you're a politician or you're a crusading DA or a crusading attorney general, that should be that has to be the core passion of your life. And if you are just cutting and pasting someone else's passion into yours, it actually proves that you stand for nothing, you don't believe in anything, and you don't know what.
Speaker 3: You're talking about.
Speaker 5: Thinking about it, I think it's even more visceral than that. It's just simply that you just don't really care. Anyone who really cared about the law would never do that. Secondly, even if you are going to plagarise, at least plag darise something good. Wiki beania Republican job it is to try to catch you out for doing things like plagiarize. How could you be so student not to think that eventually you will be caught? I want to say, and icing on the cake for this, I want to say, this is twelve hundred out of fifteen hundred words. I want to see media watch do that thing where they highlight the two texts read out more twelve hundred words.
Speaker 3: Has genuinely done that. He's known as the plagiarism Finder, and he took it upon himself to overturn every single.
Speaker 2: Word that this woman to prove.
Speaker 3: She doesn't have an independent thought and if it did, if she did, it would die of loneliness. But hey, Otherwise, the Democrat campaign is going about as well as you can expect.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: I'm noticed my palms are sweating these week, hands a heaven.
Speaker 1: Swell running Man's for Dunner. I'm nervous, but I'm a surface of the calm and let it to drop. Bob, but I keep begin.
Speaker 3: Yes, that is Barack Obama, former President of the United States, just letting rip a Eminem song who is a.
Speaker 2: Famous white rapper who was on stage.
Speaker 3: Because the Dems love their celebrity endorsements. He was on stage to announce the arrival of Barack Obama, who then came on stage to do an Eminem rap.
Speaker 5: I mean this is this is you know, I did it because the opportunity comes once in a lifetime.
Speaker 1: Yo, yoe.
Speaker 2: Do you know the rest of the site do the full way.
Speaker 1: He's a world's master.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's just did another one called Rap God or or Rapzillah. I think it's something and and it's I reckon. It's the fastest rapping ever done for his latest double Wow, kids love it.
Speaker 6: Barack Obama is cool. Barack Obama actually is.
Speaker 2: Like you see, I think knocked off some cool points.
Speaker 6: Little black guys.
Speaker 2: Come on, Yeah, well he wasn't even dancing.
Speaker 4: You can jump, but you do ever point out I'm not sure that white people should ever wrap to me perfectly, You've got me racist for saying it, But but I don't think they should do it, But is that really what they think at this point of the campaign.
Speaker 5: They legitimately he is the best performing they have. Barack Obama is the best asset, that's the best. Horror time, when Kamala Harris goes up and tries to do stuff that's fun, it's offbeat.
Speaker 6: You know she did, she did her own little musical number as.
Speaker 5: Well, it just looks horrible because it just looks so fake, whereas Obama actually looks like he's having a good time and he's.
Speaker 2: Got also trying to own it also because.
Speaker 5: You know, he's actually someone of real intelligence and real substance. When he cuts loose a bit, it's actually funny, whereas when Karmala does it, it's like she's just a kind of balloon, just sort of that someone's let the air out, floatering around the room.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of bad optics, here's Kamala speaking out of re sint rally drowned out to the tune off.
Speaker 2: We want Donald Trump if he is elected.
Speaker 7: AWO, it's all good.
Speaker 2: I'm here because we believe in democracy. Everyone's voice matters. But I am speaking now, I am speaking now.
Speaker 7: You know what, if you want Donald Trump to win, then say that otherwise I'm speaking.
Speaker 3: Well, you said, if you want Donald Trump to win, say that. I think that's exactly what they're saying. See how she snaps there, going from it's okay, I'm all about democracy to shut up, you flogs?
Speaker 2: What are you doing at my rally? Very quick change of tone there.
Speaker 3: But she has got plenty to smile about, with The New York Times breaking the news today that Bill Gates has gifted her fifty million dollars.
Speaker 2: Now, this is a strange move from Gates.
Speaker 3: Given he's avoided giving massive political donations throughout his prolific career. As you know, is one of the richest men in the world. He's quoted back in twenty nineteen is saying, I choose not to participate in large political donations.
Speaker 2: There are times it might feel tempting to.
Speaker 3: Do so, and there are other people who choose to do so, but I just don't want to grab that gigantic microphone.
Speaker 2: Well, what's changed, Bill Gates? What's changed? We all asked. Now, it's only a hypothesis, but I believe Elon Musk hit the nail on the head when he said this.
Speaker 7: Why while it's getting so much support, is that if Trump wins, that Fstein client list is going to become public. Yes, and some of those billionaires behind Kamala are terrified of that outcome.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Do you think read Hoffman's uncomfortable?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and Gates and Gates.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're all quivering in their boots because the Trump campaign has indeed alluded to the fact that they will release the client Epstein list. Just today on THEO Vonn's podcast, VP pick for the Trump campaign, Vance literally said, Oh, We've got to get that Epstein client list released. And we don't know who's on it, but we know it's a lot of red and powerful people. And we do know that this is the information that the FBI the CIA have and have refused to release. Why would you do that when they're a list of obviously the Vilens, criminals and all.
Speaker 2: So some of the most powerful people in the world.
Speaker 5: Well, we do know that a lot of the names on that list will appear in Kamala Harris's play Darive Speech, Human Traffic Help One.
Speaker 4: I think that's that'll be the defense when the list comes out.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure how conspiratorial that is, but it is interesting that you know the Bill and Melida Gates Foundation obviously are hugely philanthropic enterprises. They donate to anything with a heartbeat. I think they've donated something in the order of and I might be making this up. I think ten billion dollars to fighting malaria.
Speaker 2: As you shut, If you got that much money.
Speaker 5: That's great, But it's a fair if you like again, if you give money to absolutely everything that moves. But on a matter of principle, have refused your entire life to give any money to any political candidate, and then suddenly you're dumping a cool fifty mili on Karmala with a week to go before polling day.
Speaker 1: Of course, And you see.
Speaker 4: And the thing as well for people like Gates and a lot of other people in the left wing establishment in the US, Trump being elected for a second term, which of course would be his last term as president.
Speaker 1: So he's got nothing to lose after this.
Speaker 2: This is it.
Speaker 1: If he gets this shot, this is his last shot to do what he wants to do right.
Speaker 4: And so many people in the left wing establishment in the US would be so scared of Donald Trump having that opportunity because he might just cut them off. He might just do things that don't advantage them. And when you're someone who's been able to make a shed load of money out of a place like the United States, and you know you're basically allowed to say and do whatever the hell you want. You give money here, money there. Everyone thinks you're their friend. Donald Trump comes along and says, well, actually I'm not your friend. That is a huge threat to who you are and how you're allowed to operate, right Like, they would be.
Speaker 1: Scared of that, extremely scared.
Speaker 5: Also also the fact that, you know, much like our US ambassadors sort of recently deleted tweets, but that you had an establishment that not only refused to acknowledge Trump's legitimacy the first time he was president and tried to overturn his decison to the Supreme Court, which I have a right to do. We'll say, you know, hashtag not my President. I mean, obviously I'm looking forward to seeing the hashtag not my mamla. But since then, they were so smug After twenty twenty and again, I was someone who wanted Joe Biden to win reluctantly, but I did want him to win.
Speaker 2: Do you regret that now? No, the country's burning stand.
Speaker 5: I regret the fact that the Democrats so profound and the American elite left establishment as well, failed to learn any lessons from how Donald Trump got elected in the first place, and instead of being incredibly careful to make sure that wasn't repeated, for example, by nurturing actual, good, strong mainstream talent in the party that had strong connections to Middle America instead of these wanky East in West Coast upper middle class elites which Color is the pinup girl for.
Speaker 6: They completely failed to do that. They failed.
Speaker 5: They had no other candidate ready to go, no one who would tap Joe Biden on the shoulder in time for another candidate to go through a primary process and.
Speaker 6: Actually get blooded.
Speaker 5: So they were ready to take on Trump when the first Tuesday November came around.
Speaker 3: The gyms could have put up someone else, though there was Gavin News.
Speaker 6: That's exactly what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: They absolutely and they have absolutely comprehensively screwed the perch, and the whole time they have been doing it, they have been doing it by accusing him of being a fascist and a threat to democracy, but done it by trying to put him in jail.
Speaker 6: And now this guy is going to win. What do you reckon the payback's going.
Speaker 3: To be exacts vowed to and he's always vowed to expose Deep State and.
Speaker 6: Guy turns the other chiefs.
Speaker 2: And in terms of.
Speaker 3: Exposing the Epstein client list, I think Julian Signe hit the nail on their head when he explained to everyone the reason why they won't reveal this list is because they've been building a dossy air on the people on the list with which to blackmail them.
Speaker 2: They've been building this for decades.
Speaker 3: The same could be said of whatever we're about to find out about P Diddy and the infamous celebrities and all the power players who attended his.
Speaker 6: Part as I like to say p Diddy or didn't or didn't he Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the other thing as well, I think it's worth noting is when you go back to the twenty sixteen campaign, the Democrats spent a lot more money on advertising than Donald Trump did, and he still got elected. I think they outstripped him by about three times in terms of advertising spind but he got a lot more coverage than the Democrats in the news because he was Donald Trump. So you know what, keep giving your money to Kamala Harris because something tells me it's not turning the dial all that much. Interesting report in the Guardian today about Woolworths and the practices in their warehouses where they are forcing apparently the workers to be as efficient as humanly possible and they can't hack it now. Apparently what is happening is they have a system where you're going to work every day in the warehouses and these are the people who are moving the products, you know, onto the trucks and around the warehouse, this sort of thing so they can get to the supermarket so you can buy them. And they've got a system now where they go into work and there's a big screen and it shows you what your level of efficiency is. Now they want you to get to one hundred percent efficiency. Exactly how you get to one hundred percent, I don't know. I guess it's their measurement. However, it might come to be that you're using your time as efficiently as possible. And so workers are now saying that they're being essentially bullied out of work if their efficiency level isn't as high as it's meant to be. They've been questioned by bosses if they go on long toilet breaks, etc. One worker who spoke to the Guardian, went by the pseudonym of Tim. He says, you might get someone that's twenty years old and goes to the gym every day, and someone like me. I'm getting the average between him and me, Tim said, Obviously I can't keep up with him. Now, This fella Tim said that he got his efficiency to eighty percent, and then he got it to ninety percent, and then eventually he got it to one hundred percent. But then he did himself a mischief for an injury, and then he couldn't go back to work the next day, of course, because he was so efficient that he'd done himself an injury. Apparently, another worker said that they would be going down the same path as Amazon. I think Amazon actually, in fact now uses robots in a lot of these circumstances that they're moving the people out all together. And I suppose it's a question of as a business, of course, you expect your workers to be as efficient as possible, because that is what you are paying them for, particularly when we're talking about the movement of products, right, I mean, you know, you can talk about us in the business of journalism or broadcasting and whatever, it's not so much about efficiency. It's about the product you put out at the end, right of course, which we excel in.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So they're increasingly in journalism. They do judge you on how many stories you write today, et cetera. But you can understand why they would be concerned about efficiency. But when you start putting in these systems where they're coming up with ratings and then you get in trouble if you have to go to the toilet and do a.
Speaker 1: Pooh and all like, isn't getting a bit ridiculous? So they turning the people into robot.
Speaker 6: I think it is more than ridiculous.
Speaker 5: And you know, at least Amazon has the honesty to say, you know what, we just want robots, we don't want people.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure if Woollies you know where the brand.
Speaker 5: Happy Shiny Patriots Food People Australia, a proud Australian company.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure if they're.
Speaker 2: Going to they're not.
Speaker 3: Their main stakeholders are black Rock and Vanguards.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 5: But point being, they have that brand, they have that reputation that they want to it's come you know, sailed pretty close to the window a couple of times. I don't think this is the sort of reputation they want.
Speaker 6: I think this is incredibly sort of despicable.
Speaker 5: If you want workers to be machines, then at least have the decency to just use the machines. If it is going to be a human component, you have to give people some degree of human dignity and the idea that someone would just come to work and just for you know, eight hours to the second, would just be doing the most efficient movements they can possibly. I mean, are they allowed to stop and chat to their coworkers? Are they allowed to share a joke? You know, are they allowed if they've got you know, a bit of Deli belly from the Indian of the night before? Are they allowed to spend too much time in the toilet qubicle without their supervisor out in the front of the clipboard going you're done yet?
Speaker 6: I mean, that's really nasty, ugly big brother behavior.
Speaker 5: And I think and it's true that you know, journals, you know a lot of our jobs will be replaced by AI. A lot of basic sort of reporting will and yes, already in the online world, you know, there are charts, and you know, people get judged by their clicks, and very few journalists I know who don't find that soul destroying. They we accept that it's a necessary part of life and that we're all fighting for our kind of survival. But again, I think even even that level of measurement, the best editors do not use that as their soul metric or even their top metric for measuring who's a good report journalist. Thank Christ for that, because otherwise I probably wouldn't be there. But they have a sense of the worth of their people and how the newsroom or the organization works.
Speaker 2: Together, totally different to the Wooli's guards.
Speaker 3: Obviously what Tim describes in this article, Obviously that is a pseudonism.
Speaker 2: Pseudonism.
Speaker 3: As Caleb said, they don't want to use their real names because they don't want to lose their jobs.
Speaker 2: But about a dozen of them spoke to.
Speaker 3: The Guardian and he described the minute he gets to work, he puts on a headset and through that headset he has told what to do throughout the warehouse, through our his shift, and then he's timed. He's judged if his efficiency isn't up to scratch, and as he recounted, he got to eighty percent efficiency ninety one hundred and then hurt himself because he's in his sixties and he's like, well, I can't keep up with the twenty year old, so certainly you think a union would help him out.
Speaker 2: Isn't that what you guys are?
Speaker 5: That would be the famous shop distributive adelite common.
Speaker 2: Shop is where this is a clear case for the shop.
Speaker 4: Can I say if they would have been the ones who drew a tech many twenty years ago? My grandfather owned butcher shops and he had the theory and the ethos that if he treated his work as well and paid them above award rate, they would give the best effort they possibly because if you treat the workers well, they will repay you in productivity. What Woolworth's is doing is the exact opposite this, and we're going to make your life as miserable as possible and then expect you to be the most productive possible.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: There was still jobs.
Speaker 3: They've got nowhere else to go, so they're absolutely stuck there anyway, because it's not like, well, if I go somewhere else, they'll treat.
Speaker 2: Me better, not necessarily in a low skills job. To Queensland.
Speaker 3: Now we all know Premier Stephen Miles has tried his darndas to make abortion an election issue, despite the L and P repeatedly saying no changes to abortion legislation are on the cards.
Speaker 2: Everyone do not listen to this man.
Speaker 3: Despite Miles's baseless claims, He's continued to run on the issue of abortions. So why yesterday when he was asked by doctor Joanna Howe about his current abortion legislation, which he himself introduced back in twenty eighteen when he was Health Minister, legalizing abortion right up to birth?
Speaker 2: Why did he run away.
Speaker 6: The topic?
Speaker 8: One ask if I mista helpful and step away this interdece and you told the parle amount of time.
Speaker 1: That it wouldn't lead to be placing tenus.
Speaker 8: Is that something you still said by yeah, there is. Every interim data shows three hundred four babies in the last year. So having you before your bill three hundred poor babies killed under your bill. Doesn't want to answer the question, He says, there's no evidence.
Speaker 2: Just shocking, isn't it.
Speaker 8: That's so shocking to hide behind no evidence when Queen's Unhealth produces data every year that shows three hundred floor babies have been killed gestationally viable babies through late tem abortions because of Stephen marslaw.
Speaker 2: Mister Miles, why are you running away? You're so proud of this legislation.
Speaker 3: Why are you're running away when confronted with the fact that the amount of babies whose lives at that point are more than viable outside of the womb, the number of their lives which has been taken thanks to your bill.
Speaker 2: As doubled, I thought he was proud of this legislation.
Speaker 3: I thought this is what he has been defending needlessly the entire length of the campaign.
Speaker 4: Thus, Fars, you're not telling me that politicians lie, are you live?
Speaker 1: Surely not? I mean, of course, he just won't admit the truth.
Speaker 4: And of course he doesn't really care about the truth at the moment because he has tried to make an election issue out of something that has not been an election issue. So when the actual truth is put in front of him, well he can't admit to that because his entire argument falls apart. It might actually suggest that there is a reason for the Coalition or the LNP as it is in Queensland, to change abortion law.
Speaker 1: He doesn't want to give them an inch. The whole thing is a sham.
Speaker 4: It is a legitimate question to ask why is late term abortion allowed in any other circumstance than where it causes danger to a mother's life right, And we've just had that discussion in my native South Australia, which was driven by doctor Joanna Howe as a South Australian, and that fell down there because they lost the vote by one vote. But for a politician on a matter of something that is about life or lack thereof in this case, when we're talking about the abortion of children, to deny fact that are freely available from his own department is a joke. Just say yes the numbers. The numbers have increased. This is why I believe why he's within his rights to explain it. Why doesn't he want to explain it because it looks bad, simple as that.
Speaker 5: I think there's a bit of political karma as well that given that Labor has tried to make this a millstone to put around David chris if Fool's neck and make it look like he is someone who is now going to make abortions illegal and no one's able to have one, and you know your daughters will all be dying in the backyard and then suddenly the debate has sort of swung around full circle and now he's been smashed with it.
Speaker 3: Doctor Joanna Howe is also under a lot of pressure for a post that she did recently following the failure of the South Australian bill called the Live Birth's Bill, which would have enabled women who have carried their child full term to rather than abort it, to simply give birth to it, allow it to live, and if they wish to, to adopt it out. Here's her Instagram post. She says these are the members she's naming and shaming them of the Baby Killers Club, a group of unimaginably unimaginably unhinged individuals who support injecting healthy babies with potassium chloride in the third trimester and delivering them stillborn, rather than skipping the injection and birthing them alive. All seven have come out against the Live Birth's Bill, which allows a woman to terminate her pregnancy through all nine months but deliver her baby alive. The baby can then be raised by the mother or placed in the adoption system. The current barbaric practices sees the baby's heart injected with excruciatingly painful poison. The mother then goes into labor and delivers a still born baby.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't see a problem with this post.
Speaker 3: These women fought for what they believe is a right to kill full if warmed babies whose lives are more than viable outside of the womb at this point, but they don't want to be called baby killers.
Speaker 2: Let's call it what it is.
Speaker 3: I'm someone who doesn't call euthenaser euthanasia. It's assisted suicide. Let's just call things what they are. Let's call a spade a spade. And yet people who claim to be so proud of something like this, Oh, I'm all for abortion, I'm all for the right to choose. Once they're actually labeled accordingly, they want to shirk away from it.
Speaker 2: And by what you say or you're convicted.
Speaker 5: Obviously, I find the idea of you know that this abortion's this light term. I'm not not anti abortion, but this light term is obviously quite sickening.
Speaker 2: But exactly, there's got to be a line somewhere.
Speaker 6: You would teacher.
Speaker 5: And yeah, I was blissfully unaware that it went on, but I do think, you know, putting stuff like that on social media is obviously inflammatory.
Speaker 6: I don't think it does much to actually advance the issue.
Speaker 3: I think it does because a lot of people who just listen to me read out that post would have been unaware that even that was the method used. But we as a society, we are responsible for the laws in our land. We all are okay, and our governments are elected to serve us. I think if a lot of people knew more about what was going on, much like Senative Babet recently putting up a motion regarding babies born alive after.
Speaker 5: An abortion and how they if you put a post online saying these people are baby killers, with their photos and names, you're going to get some blowback.
Speaker 3: Where's the lie? Where's the lie? We've got to go to a break now, but when we get
Speaker 2: Back, we'll give you tomorrow's news tonight see Zoon