Speaker 1: Late welcome.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, good evening. I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and Caleb Bond coming up. Joe Biden supporting Donald Trump. Hard to believe. We've got the evidence and we'll show you a little bit later. Plus, when we look at the papers, and Islamic group with ties to a sheik who said that he was elated during the October seven attacks on Jews, they've been invited to apply for government funding of course, and self funded retirees set to pay more for aged care. All of that when we get to the papers. But first, what's that old expression there are three certainties in life, death taxes And Queensland Premier Stephen Miles posting cringe videos his latest video posted to Twitter. Well, it's actually worse than cringe. It's absolute gas lighting. Before we show you the video, let me just explain the background. Last year, the Queensland Labor government new legislation allowing men to self identify as women, and so in the process they reduced womanhood to a feeling that anybody can have. They made women's spaces redundant and women's sports ridiculous. So, with all of that in mind, Queensland Premier Stephen Miles has quite a hide to post this video captioned gangs all here to protect women. He's kind of making me, Miss Daniel Andrews. The videos is the question. If you farm you're going to protect women, you should at least you know what a woman is. In that video standing beside Stephen Miles is his Minister for Women, Shannon Fentermen. Now, of course she's the Minister for Women promising to protect women. If only she knew what a woman was.
Speaker 3: It's be inclusive.
Speaker 4: Anyone that identifies as a woman is a woman, And as the Minister for Women, I take a really inclusive approach and we want to govern for all queens Angels that all people who identify as a woman are part.
Speaker 1: Of our policies and strategies to advance gender equality.
Speaker 2: So the Queensland Labor Premier Stephen Miles is tweeting that the gang's here to protect women. Let me show you just how committed he is to women in his state. We'll just show you the original tweet here it is on screen, will put it up for you. So there it is the Gangs here to protect women, looking very serious and so a prominent woman in Queensland who campaigns for women's rights, thought, well, since he's offering to protect women, I'll contact him and request a meeting. Sally Grover replied on Twitter. I'm a Queensland woman. I'm happy to meet you to have a conversation about how to protect women. Allowing us to be a sex class in law that men cannot identify into is the start of that conversation. Well that's a fairly polite request for a meeting. After all, Stephen Miles is boasting he's there to protect women. So fair enough. And here is Stephen Miles's reply to that request. There you go, he blocked her. Caleb, what on earth is going on? Stephen Miles cannot be serious?
Speaker 5: I mean, come on, Stephen Miles protecting women. I wouldn't trust him to protect a locked door, for Heaven's sake. It puts a whole new complexion.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I thought there was We were playing to click there again.
Speaker 6: I've just got the music.
Speaker 5: The music through me because it's that bloody tunes, like a bee buzzing you anyway, it's when should I twain saying?
Speaker 1: Man, I feel like a woman. It puts a whole new complexion. It doesn't.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, when I previously said, man, I feel like a woman, that usually meant I wanted to date.
Speaker 1: But anyway, but a bit the hide on this bloke.
Speaker 5: He knows he's about to lose the election next month, and it's almost like, well, they don't care anymore, just throwing absolutely anything out there for the opportunity to seem like they're doing something, as if anyone's watching that video going ah, yes, this is the bloke I want to protect me as a woman with the woman standing next to him who doesn't even know what a woman is like.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 5: Politicians are just nerds in suits, and they prove.
Speaker 1: It again and again, very unhead. Well, yes it may well be way.
Speaker 5: Does no one say to them the staff in their offices whatever that presumably come up with these ideas, Oh maybe this isn't going to work so well, like do they employ absolute duffers?
Speaker 2: Well, they employed enough staff. Surely someone would have seen that was a bad idea. Surely Stephen Miles and his team would have thought.
Speaker 7: Nah, this is please.
Speaker 4: I want to speak to his media advisors because I used to be one myself.
Speaker 7: Not Stephen Miles, he'd be doing a.
Speaker 4: Lot better shall we say if I.
Speaker 1: Were we think you were a man.
Speaker 4: But you can't protect woman if you can't define what a woman is, which is made very clear by his own Minister for Women and Queensland has form in this area.
Speaker 7: Correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: But weren't they the first state to approve you changing your birth certificate and other official documentation to say, oh, I'm a woman now. I was born a man, but now I'm a woman. And as we've seen at the Olympics and other international places, if your documentation says you're a woman, then everyone just uses that as an excuse to say, well, we can't question this because their official documentation says that they're a woman. Can't argue with that. Now they're officially a woman. What I'm wondering is how on earth we ever put this.
Speaker 7: Genie back in the bottle? If ever?
Speaker 4: We saw today Senator Pauline Hansen putting up a proposal just to recognize biological sex, just to say, can we as a nation in our federal Senate recognize biological men biological woman and stand up for the rights of both sexes. Of course, it was comprehensively voted down the second she'd stop talking. That is, after the usual culprits screamingly accused her of being a bigot and a transphobe and all the rest of the usual adjectives. This just seems to have flown the coupe, and it is, let's be honest, something that the vast majority of Australians do not support.
Speaker 7: If we were to go to the polls on an.
Speaker 4: Issue like this and say, okay, in our country, do you think that biological men who want to be seen as women should be recognized as such in law? I am sure that we would come back with a resounding no, because as much as it's frowned upon and even punishable nowadays to say so, when you go to the polls, it's private, and it would be very clear in any kind of polling that people aren't up for this at all.
Speaker 2: I think you're right though, once you've put this in law and you've allowed people to change their birth certificate. I mean, could you imagine any politician saying he's going to wind this back? The left would go absolutely mental and it's like trying to unscramble an egg. And maybe there'll be a day where someone will do it, but there's now not just one or two laws that would need to be changed, there would be dozens of pieces of legislation that would need to be amended. And then what do you do with someone who says, well, I'm legally recognized as a woman. You know, this whole argument about being erased, and so that would go to a whole other level if you ever tried.
Speaker 1: We did have.
Speaker 4: A small win a couple of years ago where Medicare changed woman to birth in persons on some form and the outcry from mothers which bill shortens.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's to give credit where credits.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know that he led it, but he certainly then changed it.
Speaker 7: Quit smart.
Speaker 4: The backlash was so severe. But what it takes is especially those of us in the media making.
Speaker 7: Such a farraw.
Speaker 4: At the time, the public is alerted to the fact, hey, you've had your forms changed you and they can take action. But as it is most everyday people are too busy working their job, living their lives, putting food on the table to pay attention to what's going on in our houses of parliament. And they've just passed these bills Willy nearly on an unsuspecting public that then finds out about it long after that ship has sailed.
Speaker 2: Sorry, go on so so, then after all of this conversation, coming back to Stephen Miles video, then he's got the front to act like, oh, we're doing things to protect women, and anyone who challenges him on the most basic issue of what's the definition of a woman, he won't even have a conversation.
Speaker 5: He locks them, of course, and look for heaving the bloke's down in there saying that he'll protect women. He might have forgotten that he took the job of premier away from a woman. You weren't doing much to protect women then? Were your buddy's speaking of women who want to be leaders?
Speaker 1: Kamala Harris.
Speaker 5: Of course, we saw the presidential debate yesterday between former president Donald Trump and current bar president would be president Kamala Harris. And look a lot of people walked away from that saying it was a good day for Harris because she managed to get through the thing without too many word salads. And there's some new polling out today that shows it did exactly nothing.
Speaker 1: Who would have thought.
Speaker 5: So this is a poll from Ledger in the United States, and they did find that half of the respondents to this poll who watched at least some portion of the debate on the ABC said that Harris was the winner, so they rated her better than Trump twenty nine percent. Trumb As too, twenty nine percent said that Trump had won. Thirty percent said that neither candidate had won. But when you drill into the numbers of where the presidential things are sitting at now, it's still only fifty percent saying that. And I say only fifty percent, but it's fifty percent saying that they would vote for Kamala versus forty seven for Trump, which is about what it was prior to the debate.
Speaker 1: So this has not turned the dial. What's soever.
Speaker 5: As I said last night on Credlin, that's why immediately after the debate, Kamala's campaign and said out, well, you know, let's have a second debate, because they knew that she.
Speaker 1: Did all right.
Speaker 5: If they thought she had done really badly, they wouldn't ask for another debate. If they thought she'd done really well, they wouldn't have to ask for another debate. They realized very quickly that that wasn't going to change anyone's mind.
Speaker 1: Trump did what Trump does.
Speaker 5: Everyone expected Trump to perform much like he performed yesterday, Kamala did a little better than expected, but certainly not enough to change anyone's mind. They need another debate to try and move hearts and minds, because, of course you're not dealing here with people who are going to vote Democrat or are going to vote Republican.
Speaker 1: You're trying to.
Speaker 5: Get undecided or perhaps even people who are not going to vote to come out to the polls, and nothing that she did yesterday changed that view whatsoever.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 4: In CNN Zone polling, the question they asked in this particular one was after the debate, who would you most trust with the economy now? Prior to the debate, Trump was already leading in that poll. After the debate, he was leading by a much bigger margin. So people can see through the fact that this woman is capable of ninety second well rehearsed speeches that somebody else wrote. Keep in mind, that's the rules of the debate. You don't get to speak for much longer than that. So all we really saw was like, oh, she can actually do well in the space of ninety seconds, well rehearsed and written by somebody else. But that also tells people watching that's what you're gonna get if she becomes potus, just a well rehearsed actress blurbing out the lines that somebody else has written. And after the years of a Biden administration in which that poor old bloke was doing the same and everyone was wondering who's really in charge, you got to know you're just going to get more of the same if Kamala gets the hot seat. As I said last night, I don't think that the debate was going to change anything. That's before we saw it reflected in the polls. Kamala is still the establishment picked backed by the neo cons Trump is still the outsider, backed by everyone who's willing to stand up to the empire.
Speaker 7: And that's what we saw reflected in this poll.
Speaker 2: I think Kamala Harris won the debate only to the extent that Donald Trump didn't put her away. That's the extent which she won. And even if you give her the debate and say, okay, Kamala Harris won the debate. In terms of top the polls, the southern border is still leaking, inflation is still high, homes are still too costly, crime is still skyrocketing. But she won the debate, So you know, take your win and run with it, I suppose, but it's not changing anyone's mind. The other thing I thought that was interesting from the New York Post report was that the debate with Joe Biden, fifty one million viewers watched that, but sixty seven million watched this debate with Harris. Forty two percent of people who watched the Biden debate reckoned it was a good argument, a good, good debate, but sixty percent of those who watched this one said it was a good debate. So I think for the Democrats, they would have to be happy at least with Kamala Harris compared to what they had in Joe Biden. And it seems like America is happier with it as well, because they're saying, well, at least it was a decent debate. More than half of the people thought it was.
Speaker 5: I mean, they were happier than they were with Biden the minute they got rid of the bloke.
Speaker 2: I don't think there was bad I remember before they replaced Biden there was talk about, I mean, are they going to go from Biden to Harris? They can't be serious?
Speaker 6: Ye, But of course so she is.
Speaker 5: You would go sure, but she is still benefiting from that anyone but Biden phenomenon. Right, You know, they could have picked aht Let asleep and he probably would have done better than Joe Biden. And the interesting thing about the polling numbers here is that literally everyone basically has tried to run interference for Kamala after that debate, Like the media has just almost whole as bowl as she wont she she wanted. It's being rammed down down people's throats and even big tech is interfering in this to help out Kamala and it's still not helping her thoroughly in the polls. This video was put together by the Reuben Report Dave Ruben, of course you've often seen on this network, particularly with Paul Murray. They put together a group of the lies that she told and then in fact checked them. This video went up on TikTok and then TikTok took it down.
Speaker 8: You will sign a national abortion band.
Speaker 6: It's a lie. I'm not signing a band, and there's no reason to sign a.
Speaker 8: Band, understand. And here's Project twenty twenty five. There would be a national abortion a monitor.
Speaker 6: What she says is an absolute lie.
Speaker 4: There is no state in this country where it is legal to kill a baby it's born.
Speaker 8: Nowhere in America is a woman carrying a pregnancy to term and asking for an abortion.
Speaker 9: The infant would be delivered, the infant would be kept comfortable, the infant would be resuscitated if that's what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mothers.
Speaker 8: Donald Trump, the candidate, has said in this election, there will be a bloodbath if this and the outcome of this election is not to his liking.
Speaker 10: It was a different term, and it was a term that related to energy. We're going to put a one hundred percent power on every single car that comes across the line, and you're not going to be able to sell those guys.
Speaker 6: If I get elected.
Speaker 10: Now, if I don't get elected, it's going to be a blood beat.
Speaker 1: I mean, what's wrong with that.
Speaker 5: It seems a pretty fair report of what Kamala said and her simply being fact checked for what she said. And now I said before this was big tech running interference. It's probably, let's be honest, China running interference for Kamala harrisy because we know that TikTok is owned by Byte Dance in China, and big business in China is intrinsically linked to the CCP. So why would TikTok to that that video, which was entirely truthful, ought to be taken off their platform unless China had an agenda to help out Kamala Harris because they know she'll be a much softer touch than Donald Trump, who's promised to bring in tariffs on China and other nations in terms of their exports to the United States. They're doing everything they can to help her because they know she'll be better for them.
Speaker 2: Are you alleging election interference.
Speaker 6: Cave i Am James.
Speaker 2: She don't seem that way, And it makes total sense. Of course, China and Russia and North Korea and Iran and Hamas, they would all love Kamala Harris to be the next president of the United States. The weaker the better.
Speaker 4: You don't want a strong leader of the Western world.
Speaker 7: You don't want a strong commander in chief if you mean the West any harm.
Speaker 4: But the big, big takeaway from this debate seems to still be they're eating the.
Speaker 6: Dogs in Springfield. They're eating the doors, the people that came in. They're eating the cats.
Speaker 10: They're eating they're eating the pets of the people that lived there.
Speaker 2: ABC News did reach out to the city manager there. He told us there have been no credible reports of specific claims of pets being harmed, injured, or abused by individuals within the immigrant community.
Speaker 10: All I've seen people intelligen, let me just say here, this is the people on television.
Speaker 6: My dog was taken and used for food.
Speaker 4: Of course, we did show you some credible reports of certain animals being eaten by hiations in Springfield last night, so again the fact checker got promptly fact checked.
Speaker 7: But this is something.
Speaker 4: That has gone completely viral and something which TikTok hasn't bothered to take down. Check out this funky remix now going viral.
Speaker 6: They're eating the dogs.
Speaker 11: They're eating the cats, eat the cat, eat eating the cat.
Speaker 6: They're eating the dogs.
Speaker 11: They're eating the cats, eat the cat, eat the cat, eating the dogs. They're eating the cats, eat the cat, the cat.
Speaker 6: They're eating the dogs.
Speaker 11: They're eating the cats, eat the cat, eat eating the cats. They're eating the dogs, eat the cat, eat the cat, eating the dogs, eating the dogs, eat the cat, the cat.
Speaker 1: How good is that?
Speaker 2: That is superb make that's a good idea. Yeah, perfect.
Speaker 7: See. This is the brilliance of it though.
Speaker 4: And I was telling this to you guys last night because you were like, oh, that was stupid.
Speaker 7: That's when you knew. Actually sorry.
Speaker 4: Caleb Brand was saying, this is where Trump lost it, and everyone was like, oh, no, he's done it. And I argued, Trump is a troll. He knows what's mimable, he knows what will go viral, and this has gone completely viral.
Speaker 7: Check Out this AI video of the.
Speaker 4: Cats now now arming up solidly on Team Trump.
Speaker 1: It's the same.
Speaker 6: Sixteen. They're still fighting.
Speaker 1: Within their sex and there.
Speaker 4: In Trump, they know how to make something go viral. Check Out this graphic shared by Trump himself. Here is a cat in a maga hat ready to defend America and his kind.
Speaker 7: Don't want to mess with that cat, but laughs.
Speaker 4: Aside, Trump's pick for VP, jd Vance was asked about this post the debate, and this is exactly the strategy that he explained to a reporter who clearly didn't want to take much of what he was putting down.
Speaker 7: But here he was.
Speaker 12: It's interesting, Kaitland, that that the media didn't care about the carnage wrought by these policies until we turned it into a meme about cats, and that speaks to the media's failure to care about what's going on in these communities. If we have to meme about it to get the media to care, we're going to keep on doing it because the media should care about what's on.
Speaker 6: That's how you say that. I think the media does care about it.
Speaker 4: Really does the media care about it because they seem to be denying it left right and center, Whereas today I watched a half hour special by a guy called Tyler Oliviera who went around Ohio interviewing people who were giving first hand accounts of missing pets, etc.
Speaker 7: And so on. But what jd.
Speaker 4: Vance did then was to turn it around on the reporter and say, the bottom line of this issue is that a town as small as Springfield, which is only sixty thousand people, has had twenty thousand illegal migrants foisted upon it. Every single one of their systems, from health to the food supplies, is crumbling out from underneath them, and these people in Ohio have had enough of it. So if it takes making something funny out of cat and dog means we're gonna do it because.
Speaker 7: Now it's gone viral. Now you guys pay attention, do you reckon?
Speaker 2: Stephen Miles is at home watching the late debate tonight and he's thinking, oh my god, how much better could my social media be? Like he's putting out those lame you know, his the Gang protecting women videos. Meanwhile Trump is producing absolute brilliance that AI video with those cats with them. If that was a movie, like, oh, I would buy.
Speaker 5: A ticket, absolutely, I'd be there with bells on it. In fact, I was talking to one of my cats, Claude, last night.
Speaker 1: He does talk to me, and he was still around. Yeah, no, Claude has not been eaten. It's okay.
Speaker 5: They don't go for the other one, Boo, the old one, because he'd be a bit tough for eating.
Speaker 1: I think Claude.
Speaker 5: Claude's a young rag doll, so you know, he could be a proud target. But he was telling me he wants to go off and in list. Now he's been radicalized all of this stuff, and I'll tell you what the thing's going on in Springfield. It's one hell of an episode of the Simpsons, isn't it. But as you were saying before, is. It just shows how canny Trump is in terms of being able to get hold of a media line and a social media line, and you make people pay attention even when they don't want to. And the fact that we're sitting here talking about this more extensively than we're talking about the rest of the debate. And you know, we just went over Camala before the polls whatever, But this is the stuff that we are talking about and everyone else is talking about because he just dropped, pardon the pun, the cat amongst the pigeons, or at least the cat that they could find that hadn't been eton. He dropped the cat amongst the pigeons, and it has worked. That's how he campaigns. And again it was the same in twenty sixteen. When you looked at the advertising spend that the Trump campaign had versus the advertising spend of Hillary Clinton, the Democrats far outstripped the Republicans by hundreds and hundreds.
Speaker 1: Of millions of dollars.
Speaker 5: He got almost three times as many mentions in the media. I think the number was back in twenty sixteen. He didn't have to pay for the campaign advertising because he gave the content to be spread far and wide. And that's exactly what he's doing here. He knows what he's doing.
Speaker 1: Good on him.
Speaker 2: The other big difference between the Democrats and the Republicans when it comes to their social media campaigns is the Democrats are always it's always doom gloom. Trump is dangerous, He's a threat to democracy. Trump takes the mickey out of himself, gets everybody laughing, and it's actually quite endearing. So Springfield in Ohio, they've got asylum seeker problems. We've got our own assylum and seeker problems here in Australia, dozens of asylum seekers on temporary visas have been camping out in front of the Department of Home Affairs in Melbourne and in front of Tony Burke he's the Home Affairs Minister, in front of his office in Western Sydney, demanding that they be given permanent resids. See here's a video produced by some of the refugees.
Speaker 13: Hello friends, we ain in here. Everyone to get the Berman and visa. We need the freedom. We want to get the Berman and visa for in Australia. We start the protest in Oscar in here.
Speaker 6: Today.
Speaker 1: He's fifty nine.
Speaker 2: That video is going so well until he mucked up taking the bit of paper off this How does.
Speaker 5: He expect a permanent visa when he can't even rip a piece of paper proper.
Speaker 2: The thing struck me about that video, and then I've seen other images of the protesters. They've got signs saying we demand full citizenship rights now, and it seems to me that demanding you be given full citizenship right this is probably not the way to endear yourself to authorities or to the general public and get their support when you arrived here illegally. Now, to Tony Burk's credit, he came out and spoke with the protesters and talked to them about maybe the fact they shouldn't quite act so Entires would maybe just keep the noise down outside his office a little bit.
Speaker 3: But what you need to understand in this local area up there in the units, there.
Speaker 2: Are people who work shift work.
Speaker 3: The only chance they have to sleep is during the day. Every hour you wake them, every single hour with that drump and with the chanting. They now haven't had a proper day's sleep except.
Speaker 1: On weekends for three weeks. That's not fair for them.
Speaker 3: What's happened is between you and the Australian government for many years, but it's not there for moment. The way you've been protesting has been really hurting a whole lot of the people, where it's my job to protect them.
Speaker 2: To Tony Burke, would you go to a pro Palestine rally and address the protesters just like you did those refugees, we would all be thrilled, We would applaud you if you would talk to them in a similar fashion. But Kaylee, you've got these people on temporary visas. They're frustrated because they're being made certain promises. There's a process you go through, so I guess it's partly them, but it's a lot the fault of the Australian government. We don't have an orderly refugee program, which we would all support. It's been allowed to evolve and all sorts of things have happened where you now get people who feel entitled, they feel let down, they feel like they've got a right to protest, and we're seeing that right around the country now on every issue. People feel like they are entitled, they have a right to demand things. And I got, as I said, credit to Tony Burke for at least saying, hey, listen, there's a right way to go about things. Would that they would say that more often into different groups.
Speaker 5: Indeed, that's probably the best I've seen of Tony Burke in a very long time. But see a lot of these people who are camping out. I mean, you know, it's nigh on two months there. We saw after he finally ripped his piece of paper fifty nine days on that video, so it's two odd months they've been camping out. And a lot of these people are Tri Lankan Tamils who believe that it's unsafe for them to go back home, but the Australian government has deemed that it is safe for them to go back home. So they're caught in something of a limbo because the government doesn't want to give them a permanent visa because it believes they should be able to go back. They refuse to go back because they believe it's not safe.
Speaker 1: But they have been here.
Speaker 5: Many of these people have been here for a decade or more on a temporary visa. So don't I get that they want a permanent visa. But I don't think they can in any way accuse Australia of not protecting them or helping them in any way. All we've said is, look, if the day comes that we believe you should be sent back home, we reserve the right to do so. But in the meantime you're still allowed to live here. I actually don't see what the great problem is.
Speaker 4: And this kind of protest action forces the government's hand, perhaps not even in their favor, if they're going to keep this up so relentlessly and make menaces out of themselves in a country that, like you say, has been so gracious to them. What is really missing here? And we see this throughout.
Speaker 7: The Western world.
Speaker 4: I've watched countless videos of immigrants in the UK, in Germany, throughout Europe being so entitled and demanding. We've showed some of the clips, most recently on this show, of those making it to American cities, these illegal immigrants living it up on the taxpayer dime in five star hotels, just being like this is wonderful and we don't intend to lift a finger.
Speaker 7: We're just staying here. What are you going to do now?
Speaker 4: And going to council meetings and demanding Now we want into rep is now, we'd like more food, thank you very much. Now, we'd like it's not this attitude of gratitude, whereby it's like, my goodness, this host country is incredible, thank you so much for taking us in. How can we can contribute to your society, How can we pay it forward? How can we give it back? That kind of attitude is going to endear any host country to do the best they can buy those people. But what we keep seeing continually is this real sense of entitlement. We want more now, we want permanency here, etc.
Speaker 7: And so on.
Speaker 4: It doesn't work. And should we ever see our government give in to that kind of pressure by people who are just lucky to be here, the Australians would be outraged, and rightly so, because that's not your job as the government.
Speaker 7: Your job's to put our interests first, dear well.
Speaker 2: Attitudes to asylum seekers are certainly changing in Europe. We report it on Tuesday that Hungary, who are not excited asylum seekers, they're putting them in detention. They had been fined by the European Union. Hungary said well, we're not paying your fines, and if you really love asylum seekers, well then we'll put them on buses and we'll send them to Brussels. So that was Hungry on Tuesday. Then on Wednesday, which was yesterday, we reported it Germany, who took in millions of illegals over the last number of years, they are now putting tight controls on all of their borders and sending asylum seekers back to where they've come from. The leader of Hungary was so impressed by this, he tweeted Germany has decided to impose strict border controls to stop illegal immigrants. Welcome to the club hashtag stop migrations. That was yesterday, but it keeps going today. That stop migration club has expanded with the Netherlands. The Netherlands politician Gert Wielders has vowed to copy the policy of Germany for his country as well. And now their suggestions Liz that Austria might be the next in line to say, you know what, We're going to protect our national borders as well.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I love it and this is exactly what I was hoping for right Hungary has gonads the size of a bull. Germany that the reason why Germany is suddenly like we're tightening up our borders is because they just got thrashed in their state elections. The AfD party, known as the far right party, the anti mass immigration party, absolutely.
Speaker 7: Soared in the polls.
Speaker 4: They've got a federal election coming up in a year's time, so suddenly the German government is like the AfD fell one seat foul of having a blocking majority in the parliament.
Speaker 7: We've got to pull our bootstraps.
Speaker 4: Up before the election next September, otherwise we are Goners.
Speaker 7: Garrett Wilders, this isn't a surprise from him.
Speaker 4: He ran very strongly on anti immigration policy, also did very well in the Dutch elections, but.
Speaker 7: Not quite well enough. They've got such a complicated system over there.
Speaker 4: Not well enough to then be able to exact his policies, but enough in the parliament to rally around this. Yes, and now you're about to hear from if the polls are true in Austria, the man who may be the next leader of Austria.
Speaker 7: He's the head of the Freedom Party.
Speaker 4: And guess what he's running on anti immigrationachanan a su.
Speaker 14: La pragnaanemanan on off Nido sat babasis and faktoma one afteralons quot Knof shot las via fan Laltasha and lendan umkeabn sind what the azu lastin commenty on it, the Sanja Kane Unghan, the Sania Khane, Jachin khans Low Akman Khanet Action, Sandanto sin Sua, dosint Afghan and dosin Somalia. Here sind Fiat light. The Niksus standings. City is Lavi seve M galvin'suma.
Speaker 4: That is Herbert Kikel and hopefully you'll be seeing a lot more of him in a couple of weeks time when Austria.
Speaker 7: Goes to the polls. This is exciting. This is like I said last night.
Speaker 4: It could be the beginning of the end for the EU, because all of these four countries now are kicking the EU's own policies in the teeth and saying enough is enough. All of them are being warned by the EU. We're not even sure that what you're doing is legal. It's certainly very controversial. Yet standing up for your own national sovereignty and the interests of the people who elected you to represent them.
Speaker 7: Oh that's so controversial.
Speaker 4: Who knows what could be around the corner if enough countries keep ganging up on the EU.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine what the English are thinking though, because our accuser being's in a phobic and racist gone out of Germany have turned things around, but even more so because kiss Starmer has killed that Rwandan plan right that Rishie Sineka was going to deport illegal immigrants from the UK to Rwanda and the English had built a whole lot of accommodation centers in Rwanda. Will kissed Arma said no, we're not doing that anymore. But the Germans are now saying we may well use those places built by British taxpayer money in Rwanda to process illegal migrants. So it's a completely for building it there is we will come.
Speaker 5: There is finally movement at the station and they should all get on the phone, you know, Germany, the Netherlands, they should all get on the phone to Nigel Farage and ask him how.
Speaker 1: They pulled off Brexit.
Speaker 5: Because if you have enough countries start to push back against the EU. And as we talked about the other night, you know particularly well, we know what's what happened with Hungary where they've been given this two hundred million euro fine. Germany is probably now going to face legal action from the EU because they're refusing to adhere to.
Speaker 1: The EU's migration policies.
Speaker 5: If you get enough countries eventually do this and they can pull off a big fight against the EU. Will who knows what could happen if they can all get together and pull out of the EU at the same time.
Speaker 1: Ahead, we may actually see some action.
Speaker 5: Now we know here in this country that it is a land of droughts and flooding rains. It's a land of bushfires as well, and a lot of us get trepidacious when we come up to summer, and we are of course coming up to summer now, and we worry about how bad bushfires could get. So the Cats family in Adelaide, they live in the Adelaide Hills, after they saw how bad the bushfires were in twenty nineteen, decided that they would build a bushfire bunker in their backyard. Now it's all up to national spec at needs building requirements. They can go underground. It's got an hour's worth of oxygen. So if they are caught in a situation where they're told by the CFS, by the authorities that it is too late to leave, the safest thing you can do is state your property. Well, of course, they don't want to run the risk of being burnt to a crisp so they have this bunker to go into, but they've been told by the Adelaide Hills Council that their bunker is illegal.
Speaker 1: And you want to know why it's illegal.
Speaker 5: And they're being threatened by the way with fines of between five hundred and twenty.
Speaker 1: Thousand dollars if they use it.
Speaker 5: You know, good luck, you actually saved your life in the middle of a bushfire. But he's a twenty thousand dollar bill for doing so. Try and make that make sense.
Speaker 1: But apparently the reason that they have.
Speaker 5: Been told that they can't do this is because there's actually nowhere in the planning legislation in South Australia that accounts for something such as a bushfire bunker. And so because this thing just doesn't exist anywhere in planning law, it is automatically illegal. So they're scrambling to try and find some way to approve this. They've been told it is illegal. You've got to try and get approval. They've gone for approval, they've gone actually, no, hang on a minute, we can't approve this thing because there's nothing in law that allows us to do so. The state government says it's because of safety concerns. Now, look, I would have thought this was an open and case.
Speaker 1: Well, I can tell you what it is.
Speaker 5: It's a case of crazy bureaucracy where someone is trying to save his own life and his family's life, and he's been told all no, because it's on a piece of paper here, that these things aren't legal, that you can't possibly.
Speaker 1: Do that because of safety.
Speaker 5: So what they're worried that the bunker he has built might be unsafe and I don't know, that might lead to his death more than they're worried about the fact that he could be in a house in the middle of a bush fire and that mightn't lead to his death.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they prefer him to hide in his car with his family than in a building approved bunker. The last major bushfires in Adelaide were twenty nineteen, right, they were the really treaded. So the council have had five years to get a bit of legislation, put it in the documents or whatever, and sign off on it. Surely, how long does it take to do that. Victoria have already done it. So they could literally copy and paste what Victoria have done. Yeah, put it in their own statutes and it would be done in a week.
Speaker 7: Also, this is their own land.
Speaker 4: How can you not build build a bunker which cost them twenty five thousand dollars to ensure their safety in the event of another fire like they did survive in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 7: How How can it curls my hair when we talk.
Speaker 4: About restrictions placed on people doing common sense things on their own property.
Speaker 7: Fair enough, if you're going to.
Speaker 4: Start building a small town out there on your.
Speaker 7: Property, that's going to be an issue.
Speaker 4: But something is common sense, as an underground bunker in the case of another fire.
Speaker 7: They should be encouraging everyone.
Speaker 4: Who could get caught up in another bushfire like twenty nineteen.
Speaker 7: Everyone, if you can afford it, do it. Go for your life.
Speaker 4: Like the family have said, it meets the National Building Code. They built it according to the National Building Code and it's just and rather than the local government going, oh, well, we need to amend rules around this.
Speaker 7: Clearly no, we're going to find them for taking the initiative.
Speaker 2: If there's a fire, I doubt they'll worry what council says, We're going to go to a break when we come back. Self funded retiree is about to be hit by the government for aged care costs that's coming up in a month. Okay, welcome back. Let's take a look at what's making news in tomorrow's papers. Liz, you've got the Adelaide Advertiser and a really interesting story about a private school.
Speaker 4: Yes, you may recall this story of a young boy who was expelled.
Speaker 7: After winning against a football match against.
Speaker 4: An opposing school, and then a group of the boys got together and let the opposing schools blazer on fire. Headline reads Blackfriars burnt our Sorry Son. The parents of a year twelve student expelled from Blackfriars Priory School for burning a rival school sport jacket claim a student selling drugs to younger boys and another student involved in a.
Speaker 7: Bashing were allowed to stay.
Speaker 4: The devastated couple said their son had been made a scapegoat for a foolish schoolboy prank, and that while he should have been punished, his penalty wasn't fair and had left him unable to finish year twelve. His family is now considering legal action and I hope they do it. I hope they take these guys to court. That is utterly a disproportionate punishment the guys in year twelve. It's one of the most Well, it is the most important year of your stolastic life. It decides what yuni you'll get into, what courses you'll get into. And like I said at the time, and I'm not sorry to repeat, if I was his mum, I would have been a little bit proud.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's quite.
Speaker 4: I don't know, visceral, but these boys have got all this testosterone running around in their body and they thought it was a good idea.
Speaker 7: At the time, nobody was hurt. It was purely symbolic.
Speaker 4: They were enjoying a victory and they decided to celebrate it in a very boyish way.
Speaker 2: If you'd done it fifteen years ago, the footay coach would have said, we love that merit anything to win. And there were twenty six students I believe, who were in this and this particular kid just happened to be unlucky enough to be the one who actually managed to set the thing on fire after other kids had tried and failed. And when they went to the school and had a meeting, the parents asked, well, rather than be expelled, what if he didn't come back to school? What if he just did remote learning for the final ten weeks of year twelve, and they said no to even that. Meanwhile, as you said, Liz, another kid who sold cannabis and vapes to other students was not expelled. And seven older students who bashed one younger student none of them suffered any major consequences. One was suspended, the other six kids no punishment at all. But this kid for setting a football jersey on fire ten weeks before the end of school.
Speaker 5: And I gone, I think it was because in that same week Pembroke School in Adelaide had been caught up in a controversy where the students had been caught out with like a fine system in the football team where if you had an ugly girlfriend to pay up fifty dollars all this stuff, And so I think they fell like, ah, you know, the media attention is honest this week, we've got to do something. But I mean, for heaven's sake, the boy did not deserve to be suspended. It's not like he was eating the dogs or the cats or anything. For heaven's sake, Let's go to the Daily Telegraph by the.
Speaker 2: Way before we go. If they were trying to avoid media attention, how well has that worked out?
Speaker 6: Well, he's making.
Speaker 5: Go to that Daily Telegraph where it says hate Chip group could share in two.
Speaker 1: Point four million dollar grant, laughing all the way.
Speaker 2: To the bank.
Speaker 5: Sydney Islamic group with ties to a sheik who said he was smiling and elated by the October seven attacks on Israel has been invited to apply for a share of two point four million dollars in federal government grant money. Now, you know, it's one thing to sort of put grant money out into the ether and say well, if you want to come.
Speaker 1: And apply for and go for your life. But I've been actually reaching out to organizations.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, by the way, there's a better government money here, if you want to come and get it.
Speaker 1: I mean, you'd think they vet the people they were going to offer this money to first, wouldn't you.
Speaker 7: Indeed, and there's no deed.
Speaker 4: The full article isn't yet up online, so we only have what we've read to you. But it begs the question, firstly, who the hell has invited this guy to apply for some of this funding, and secondly, what is this grant? This two point four million grant that obviously will be apportioned. It's not all going to one person But what kind of grant is this that a man of his character or lack thereof has been hit up to apply for it.
Speaker 2: Let's hope it's a seminar on inclusion and tolerance. There will be money well spent. Let's go the front page of the Career Mail. The headline reads, okay, boomers cough up new aged care residents set to pay more. Self funded retirees and part pensioners will pay more for their aged care at home or in residential facilities under an overhaul of the system following a deal between Labor and the Coalition. Now, obviously the cost of aged care continue used to expand with an aging population, so the government's desperately trying to wind back the expense. They're going to spend four point three billion dollars helping elderly people to stay in their homes rather than move early to aged care facilities, and they reckon by doing that, they'll save themselves twelve point six billion dollars over the coming decade. But it does mean that aged care residents with quote sufficient means will pay more for services like haircuts, showering, those sorts of things, and so some self funded retirees could be up for about thirteen thousand dollars a year extra for their aged care, according to the report.
Speaker 5: I mean it kind of makes you wonder why you bothered to become a self funded retiring in the I tried really hard to not be a burden on the taxpayer, and then you make it more hard.
Speaker 7: We'll just incentivizing retiring apovo.
Speaker 4: Just be like, you know what, I'm going to spend all my cash before I get to that point, because you guys have sold me down the river. Let's not forget Our government knows its own demographics.
Speaker 7: They have known for decades that they are looking at an.
Speaker 4: Age care tsunami in this country with our aging population.
Speaker 7: Did they prepare for it?
Speaker 2: No, yes they have. They look at all the migrants they're bringing in. That's their plan.
Speaker 4: It just it absolutely discussed me the state of age care in this country to the front page of the Australia.
Speaker 7: Now, officers let off over war crimes.
Speaker 4: Senior commanders have been let off the hook for war crimes on their watching Afghanistan. The Coalition and senior defense figures have warned. After Richard Miles stripped medals from fewer than ten current and former officers for failing to prevent murders by their subordinates.
Speaker 7: Man, this is a grisly one. Some people are in favor, some people are against.
Speaker 4: It's just you can't You can never keep everyone happy on this.
Speaker 7: But when the evidence is what it is, the government has to be seen to do something.
Speaker 5: I think it's dirty to send people overseas and then punish them for things that happen in the fog of war. And I think it's even dirty that Angus Campbell, who was head of the Defense Force at the time, hasn't lost any of his honors.
Speaker 1: He was the man ultimately in charge. Others below him have lost their honors, but not him. Why fair question.
Speaker 2: We're going to go to a break when we come back. Joe Biden, is he now a Trump supporter? More of that number? Okay, we reported earlier that the US presidential debate didn't change the polling, but it might have changed one person's mind.
Speaker 7: Liz, this is just unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Before we show you this clip, let's all take a moment to remember Joe Biden is still the President of the United States of America, so you can imagine just how viral pictures of him wearing a Trump twenty twenty four cap has gone. He was visiting a firefighters station in honor of nine to eleven yesterday, and when one of the firefighters asked him to put him on, he actually obliged.
Speaker 6: YEA her name, I don't remember my name.
Speaker 7: I'm small.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, man, O, God, there you go.
Speaker 9: Man, I forgot you kind need that hat.
Speaker 5: He'll know.
Speaker 6: I'm going out for very I'm drown you out.
Speaker 2: Remember knowing me?
Speaker 7: Cats unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Many commentators have then posed the question, is this once again proving Trump right when he said in yesterday's debate, we.
Speaker 15: Had no problems when Trump was president. But when this weak, pathetic man that you saw at a debate just a few months ago that if he weren't in that debate, he'd be running on sead of her.
Speaker 6: She got no votes. He got fourteen million votes.
Speaker 15: What you did?
Speaker 6: You talk about a threat to democracy? He got fourteen million votes, and they threw him out of office. And you know what, I'll give you a little secret. He hates her. He can't stand her.
Speaker 7: It would appear to be the case. He hates her. He gone standard. This guy got fourteen million votes. They threw him out like a dog.
Speaker 5: That's the best I have seen so Biden. He's just riffen along with the guy. The guy's making fun of him. He's making fun of the guy. He was playing along with the joke. It's almost like since they told Biden, actually, you're not running in November, a weight has been lifted off his shoulders and he can have a bit of fun with himself.
Speaker 4: I reckon it's more a case of he's tired of being the establishment shill. They did throw him out like a dog, so now he's like, you know what sort it. I'm the president of the United States of America and I'm wearing the opposition's hat.
Speaker 2: I don't care well on that note, we need to go, but stick around. Coming up is the Rita Pennehy shows.
Speaker 11: They're eating the cats eat the cat, eat the cat. They're eating the dogs. They're eating the cats, eat the cat, eat the cat. There eating the dogs. They're eating the cats eat the cat.