Speaker 1: Appogiate production.
Speaker 2: Life changing language shifts. I learned about language shifts a couple of years ago, and.
Speaker 1: They are literally life changing.
Speaker 2: The way you say things can hold such meaning and they can be so powerful in a negative in a positive way.
Speaker 1: So we've got a couple of examples.
Speaker 2: Simple language swaps. You guys can start to practice in your every day and you'll start to catch yourself, Like I still patch myself when I'll say something, I'm like, oh, hang on a second, Like this is the main one for me, Okay, I have to do this. How often do we say oh, I've got to do this, I have to do that instead of I get to do this. It is so powerful and it completely shifts and changes the whole energy in your body and that task that you think you have to do, if you can switch it to I get to do this, it makes you grateful for that task and like, if you put it in a working scenario, I compare it to like previous jobs that I've had that I've hated.
Speaker 1: I'm like winging about having to do something.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, this is a choice, Like I actually get to do this, and this helps me be able to do the thing that I really want to do.
Speaker 1: So I'm actually.
Speaker 2: Grateful I get to do that. Yeah, And that's that simple shift and swap.
Speaker 3: I love that one. Yeah, completely, the whole body, like your whole body language changes. You're like, oh I have to do this, and it's like I get to do this exactly like you lift yourself up, you do.
Speaker 2: And being around people that use that language is so awesome to be around, Like those humans that are grateful, they get the job done, they don't complain, they just get into it. I just love being around those humans. So that's a human I want to be. So that's one of my main language shifts. That's been a real game changer.
Speaker 3: He's a good reminders. Yeah, Like I catch myself out to you, I'm like, oh, cure the change that my one is. I can't do it to how can I do it? Oh?
Speaker 1: I love it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I feel like we go through phases with someone's like, oh, but can we do that? And then I'm like, no, we can. There's always way it work, Like how can we make this work?
Speaker 2: Yes, there's always a solution, isn't there? And if you have that mindset to be solution based, like it's not even an option it's like, how do we get this stuff?
Speaker 3: To figure it out? It's okay, might need to work a bit harder money to do this, money, put more money in there, money to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you can always figure out a way one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You just won't get far in life if you just think you can't do things. Yeah, if you believe you can or you believe you can't, you're right.
Speaker 3: But if you stop and you think that too, you're not even going to try. When you change the language like how, it's like, oh, okay, now I've actually got to sit down and think about.
Speaker 1: It exactly, believe you can, and you're halfway there.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this one was a tough one.
Speaker 2: I feel like for so many years, and sometimes I still catch myself where I'll say things like I'm so angry that they made me do this. I'm so angry upset that they made me feel like this. It's like, no, they're not in control of how you feel. They might have contributors, but instead you can say I'm so disappointed that I didn't stand strong on my boundaries.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So at the end of the day, it's not that person's fault. If you're feeling a certain way. No one's made you do anything. If they've guilt shipped you or pressured you to do something, yeah, that's not nice. But you still have power to say no. So if you've said yes, you've let your wall down and you've let go of your boundaries, that's on you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So when you change to be like.
Speaker 2: Oh, really disappointed that I didn't stand strong of my boundaries, you're taking responsibility and ownership with that, and you can take that lesson and be like, next time, I'm not going to allow that to happen because it's left me feeling like shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not their fault.
Speaker 2: We have to fully take ownership and responsibility for everything. Yeah, people contribute and come into your life and say and do certain things, but at the end of the day, we have to take full responsibility.
Speaker 3: And when you do, you're not pointing a finger, You're working yourself.
Speaker 1: Exactly. Yeah, exactly. I really love that one.
Speaker 3: So my next one is a very simple one that I think gets overlooked. I think we all I definitely still get guilty of this sometimes saying yes when we really mean no. Yeah, I was like, hey, I miss you, I haven't seen you for ages, I really want to catch up this afternoon. You're looking down, You're like, oh my god, this afteroon, I have this through that to do this. Do that too, especially if you are a mom that works from home, because I think sometimes they can see you if you're like walking down the street doing something, and they can be like, oh my gosh, like you're at home, you're hanging out. It's like, no, I'm actually working.
Speaker 1: We've got stuff to do.
Speaker 3: See what stuff to do? And like yeah, Sometimes I just go like I for I really and wanting to catch up someone. I'll be like yes, and then I'll just get up the next morning and or whatever. But sometimes I think I need to be a bit more like, oh, i'd love to cat talk with you too, Like let's organize a time. Yes, yeah, not right now, but yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's so true. Yes, okay, this next one I love. I feel like all of us will relate when really hard things happen our life and we can stay in a story that was the worst thing that ever happened to me, but a language shift and is like, oh that was really harder. I remember when that happened to me. Man, I learned a lot. I grew so much. I have so much more resilience, I have so much more understanding, even though that was really challenging, Like that really stretched me in a good way.
Speaker 1: Now I can handle so much more. I understand so much more.
Speaker 2: But it's very easy to just say, oh, that was the fucking worst time of my life. Yeah, finding the rods so shit that that happened to me. And you can stay in that victim, but all it does is drag you down. It weighs you down. So when you can switch it to be like, yeah that was fucking hard, validated. That was really hard, but man I learned X, Y, and Z, and now it helps me with this and I've got a bigger capacity, Like how cool, so much more empowered.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you're so right. The only person that's having a negative effect on is yourself. I keep telling yourself like that was so bad. That was so bad, Like yeah.
Speaker 1: It's gonna feel pretty bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if you can go, oh wow, like yeah that was ship, Like I have done this and I've done that, and I've grown and it made me work my mental health and made me do this.
Speaker 1: It made me show up differently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, forced me to learn that about myself, like I needed to learn that lesson.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So that's an awesome thing, like.
Speaker 3: That little saying we always say, how life like pushes you and pushes you until you get to the point sometimes it like you got a really big lesson like yeah, and you're like, fuck, it really wants me to learn this.
Speaker 2: Yep, but yeah, I love that, like nudge nudge, nudge push.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this one I've been seeing floating around lately and I really really like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So instead of one day day one.
Speaker 1: Oh, I did a whole reel on this. What did you love it?
Speaker 3: So instead of going, oh, yeah, one day I'll do this, Oh, one day I'll do that, it's like, when are you going to start? Like you may as well start right be day one. Today can be day one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been loving that.
Speaker 3: You're floating around a bit lately, super trend the same. I'm like, oh, I just I think that's so true. I think we've always all got so much going on. And it's like, are you going to continue to push that thing asidecause obviously if you're thinking about it and it's in your mind it's something you wanting to do, just take action and start today.
Speaker 2: And it's same with like healthy eating and exercises. It's like, oh, I start Monday, Why today's Wednesday. Why can't you start today and make decisions for your body, for your healthy your goals right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that quotes that's super aligned. I love that. It's so good. It's a good one.
Speaker 3: So this one I don't know to let's find out, oh, rather than I'm like, oh, I don't know how to do that. I don't know how to do this, and go let's find out. Let's look, let's find out. I was like, that's really cool.
Speaker 2: I need to practice that more because I get scared of learning or scared I won't understand it, so sometimes I'll avoid it. Yeah, and like delegate, but it's so true, like let's find out, let's learn. Like you said before, there's always a way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it was just so I've never heard that before. Like to change that, I don't know to like, let's find out.
Speaker 1: That's so nice.
Speaker 3: It's such a nicest way to say it too, because even like to team members, like if say you're having a chat and they're like, oh, I don't know how to do that, we could be like, oh, sweet, let's find out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Positive, it is positive. It's taking initiative, it's stepping up. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's a good one. Like I'm going to keep that one up my sleeve. So this one from I can't to I choose yes. So at the end of the day, if you're like, oh, I can't get to the gym today, it's like, no, I choose to not.
Speaker 1: Go to today. Such a powerful one, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I can't eat healthy, I don't have time to go to the shop now. Actually, you're just choosing to do other things other than going to the shop and getting the food.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've had one similar before that it was like, yeah, I can't get to the gym, but change the language to saying the gym is not a priority.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good one. Okay.
Speaker 2: Wow, that hits harder because it's a truth. If you're not making time for it is not a priority. Yeah, you make time for what is important, and you only have to look at what you're doing day to day to see what's important to you. And it might hit really hard because if you look how much you're scrolling watching Netflix whatever. And I'm all for that, but if it's at the cost of taking over your health and your emotional wellbeing and your connection all the things that you know it's important.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a hard one to spot.
Speaker 3: But next yeah, same thing for mental health. Like when you say that, like I like I don't have time to journal, Yeah, like I don't have time to do this, blah bah blah, or like I can't do it important to work on myself. That's it exactly right. It's like I'm choosing not to I'm making that choice. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But yeah, if you just switch it saying it's not a priority or it's not important, it hits way harder and then, you know what, it sounds negative, but it actually creates positive change because when you say that, you're like, well, no, it is important.
Speaker 1: Okay, what are you gonna do about it?
Speaker 2: You're gonna go to the gym or you're gonna keep saying your excuses and that it's not important.
Speaker 1: I feel like it really promotes action.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes you and like you said, it makes you go like, oh wow, that actually really is something that I.
Speaker 1: Wish to do that is important to me. So am I saying that? Yeah that's a good one like that.
Speaker 3: This one's very simple, but just talk about what you do want instead of what you don't want. So instead of being like, oh, I don't want to spend all that money on that stock or whatever I say with business and you're like, I do want a successful business. I do want it to go well. I do think it's gonna go well. Like rather than just thinking of the negative and putting out what you don't want or I don't want this to like push us financially or whatever, to oh, I think that this will be like great for us financially.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just to kind of I don't.
Speaker 3: Know irection with scarcity to always like go oh.
Speaker 1: Yes and pull back. But you literally you can go left or right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: When you are using a certain language, you've got the option to switch it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love that focusing more on what you do want rather than keep talking about what's not working, what you don't.
Speaker 1: Want, because if you if you use that language.
Speaker 2: I don't want this to happen or I'm scared for this to happen, you are sitting in a certain frequency that is going to attract more of that. If you're like talking about what you do want, you're going to match the frequency and energy you need to attract more of that, whether that's money with that's deeper connection with that. It's more health to be so aware of your language because it does affect your energy.
Speaker 3: Because even if I say, like, oh, I really don't want Milla to be like tired and grumpy this afterno when it's time from school. But I'm like, oh, well, it's going to come home, Saffi, it's going to be so energized, so happy about the best afternoon. And yeah, you are. You're manifesting it put out.
Speaker 1: Of the universe.
Speaker 3: But if you say, even if you say don't, it doesn't take that into accountability. You're speaking negatively. You're attracting the negatives back in.
Speaker 2: Got to be so aware of the frequency that you're sitting at, hay. If you're not open and self aware, you're closed. Like that's another.
Speaker 3: Do you're not open your clothes Like, if you're not aware of it, you're just like kind of sleep walking, yes, sleep walking through life?
Speaker 1: Yeah no, thank you. Just surviving, not thriving.