Speaker 1: Apogee Production.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Behind the Drapes. I'm your host Brent Draper aka Drakes, and I'm Sean.
Speaker 1: Lee Draper and we're here to talk about stuff according to us.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, it's Draper here.
Speaker 1: And I was naked on the Golkos Highway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, buddy, is made to give you are a strong woman. Welcome to another episode of Behind the Drapes.
Speaker 1: And today we have guests in the studio, which is really exciting. We have Matt and stew from Ancestral Nutrition. Welcome guys, Thanks for being here.
Speaker 2: Thanks, It's really exciting actually because normally I'm just sitting here facing you talking, so finally someone else to talk to you. I'm really excited.
Speaker 1: Should be offended by that, but I'm not.
Speaker 2: First of all, you guys own Ancestral.
Speaker 1: Ancestral he says it all the.
Speaker 2: Time, Ancestral Nutrition. How we sort of met you guys is quite funny. Actually, we were trying to get a business loan, or talking about a business loan, and you have a second business that deals with that, so we were sort of going through the process of that. You've seen it on the kitchen bench and you sort of asked about it and then Sean started rattling off, oh yeah, I love it. It really helps me out. It's giving me some you know, energy boosts in life. And you were just like, yeah, well that's actually my company. You're in the business.
Speaker 1: So it was what that was wild. That was like the stars aligned in that moment, which is so funny.
Speaker 2: Lucky you didn't like start going, oh yeah, I'm not too sure.
Speaker 1: About it, waste of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I was just gonna publicly not use it.
Speaker 1: But I had, like I was in my postpartum phase, and like for anyone that's listening that's had a baby, you know, mum or dad, you're just tired, Like you're so depleted, and I feel like you're just reaching for like any quick fix, which usually is in a coffee or you know, a chocolate or whatever it's going to be. But for me, i'd seen your product. I'd seen another influencer using it. She had a discount code. I was like sweet, And I was so tired that morning that I was like, I'm just I didn't even like do my research, which probably sounds bad to you guys, but I didn't. I just like literally went to the website, clicked it, put in her code twenty per off and then got it in the mail, started taking it and was like, fuck, I feel so much better. It was weird. And then for you guys to come in the door and see it on the counter, which it lives there because I take it every morning, it was just uncanny that you were like, yeah, so we actually owned the company. I was like what. And then we went on from there. So that's how we met and that's how we got you guys here today. So we want to firstly talk about stew So you are an OG in the space of health and wellness, and what our listeners won't know about you is that you actually created a company many moons ago. I'm not sure how many years ago it was, but twenty twelve, okay. And so what you did all that time ago was you introduced the very first whole food protein powder to the Australian market, which is huge. Congrat's amazing. And ever since then, obviously the industry has come, you know, leaps and bounds. There's a million one products that you can buy now that are whole food vibes when it comes to protein and supplements. But can you just give us a quick recap around this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so back in the day, I had a business partner and he was a good friend of mine, and we lived in Sydney and were surf life savers and Couldie Beach every Saturday. We used to talk and brainstorm, and he was a personal trainer and had a real interest in the health and wellness space, but were struggling with the concept of helping his clients lose weight. He'd just been taught the basics of the food pyramid and exercise more and eat less if you want to lose weight, and it wasn't working for his clients. And at the time, he had the opportunity to come up to the Gold Coast from Sydney and work with a group of renegade health professionals and this is back in the day, twenty twelve, before all these crazy food philosophies even existed, and to work with them for a week. They had a group of patients who were typically cancer patients and they were working on a new protocol lifting weights and cleaning up their diet completely, almost like a modern day paleo. And he was tasked with helping them supplement their training protocols, and so he went out onto the high street and he was looking for a clean protein powder but couldn't find anything that wasn't sweetened and had fillers and thickness and artificial flavors and colorings under the sun. And so he came back to me and said, I think I've got a concept of an idea. What do you think? And so we worked together on this concept, managed to connect with some organic blenders and contract manufacturers and nutritionnis and nature paths in that space, and we formulated something that became a whole food protein powder that anybody could take, irrespective of who you were, whether you were a toddler or you were pregnant expecting, all the way up to elite athlete. We called it a superfood protein and we launched that back in the day when nothing like that existed, and it took off really really quickly, but our customers were still confused about how they should eat, and so we decided, well, mainstream advice just doesn't seem to be working for anybody like we were confused as well with the mixed messages, and so we decided to start a podcast and reach out to all the experts in their specific and specialized fields to try and figure out what they had assigned perhaps their life journey to understand whether it was gut health, brain health, weight loss, sleep, all of the above. And we just talked to them for an hour, pick out all the juicy bits and share it with our audience and learn ourselves as well, because we were on a fact finding mistery now, we just wanted to learn as much as we could, and this was an opportunity for us to get out there and speak with like the best of the best. That quickly took off as well, and that spiraled into a real passion which was just fact finding and just finding out all that is information that then started to spawn kidogenic diets five to sixteen eight, you know, fasting protocols, carnivore veganism, kedo, all that kind of stuff that came after that. And so we really had a great insight into what the impact of different ways of eating has on your body, and also what nutrient depletion looks like and can look like across all the different styles of eating. And so that kind of cemented in me the importance for nutrient density, which is really it doesn't matter what you're eating as long as you're getting the nutrients that your body needs to thrive, then you've got a really good foundation to be healthy. In the back of my mind, I had ideas about what we're doing today, and I'd worked with Matt in my former company and we've become good friends, and we just got together and formulated this idea for ancestral nutrition, and it's where we are at the moment today, Like we're loving it and living it, and it's growing rapidly and we're helping a lot of people and it's because of what the product offers. And we'll get into that a little bit later on, but that's kind of the backstory.
Speaker 1: It's such a cool story. And as I'm listening, I'm like, you really are like the ogs in this space. You know. It's there are so many subpermers out there, and there are so many like influencers, all like key people of influence and are just like banging out a supplement because they're trying to sell some product. I appreciate that side of it in that they've got a following and they're trying to help in some way. But you have done like the research over like fourteen years, and then.
Speaker 3: We started to get deeper and deeper into the weeds and understood that the gut is really pivotal for optimal health, and a lot of people say all the illness starts in the gut. It just allowed us to fully understand what was actually happening. And when people were then thinking about, well, you know, I'm going to really go plant based to heal my gut, for instance, not saying plant based is bad in any way, shape or form, but then in the back of our mind, we think, wow, that's a lot of fiber. You know, it's a very fibrous diet. Is a high fiber diet, really great for gut health. Initially, if you've got issues with your gut, they no, it's not the best place to start. And so allowed us to start thinking about the products that we could formulate to help people solve whatever pain point that they're struggling with at the moment. Our bodies change, you know from year to year, what we ate last year may not suit us this year, and body composition changes. Things slow down and speed up. I want to be doing what I'm doing now, Yeah, in twenty years time, thirty years time. And obviously it's very hard given the current landscape. The landscape isn't set to allow us to thrive. We've got lots of frankin foods and environmental toxins in the air and.
Speaker 2: Water, and also vice. Everyone's after the quick fix one hell totally. You know, you've got that motto your head, all that the belief that there's that one fixed pill, and really you know there's not, no that's right.
Speaker 3: There's a foundation to health.
Speaker 1: Something that comes along and you're like, oh, that isn't the right thing for me. Maybe I try this, Like it's hard to keep up with. It's like a bloody full time job.
Speaker 4: Does state of confusion is what comes to mind for me. People are bombarded with all the different diet types, all the different strategies to lose weight, feel better, you name it, and they just move from one of these you want to call them a fad diet whatever you want to call them one to the other to the other, and they get to a point of confusion and exhaustion and actually give up.
Speaker 1: They don't do anything.
Speaker 4: They don't know who to look to. And I think that's a big issue too.
Speaker 1: What is ancestral nutrition and what are we talking about when we talk about primal energy supplements.
Speaker 4: Ancestral nutrition is our overarching kind of philosophy for what we're looking at. We often tell the story about our grandparents that used to eat organs. They tell your stories about lambs, fries and steak.
Speaker 2: And kid as a kid, it's not that thing my favorite. Like, I could smell it cook and I was like, yeah, if you.
Speaker 4: Wanted to eat that way, it's not quite as easy as it used to be. And you know, with our grandparents that used to eat like that and they were fitting healthy, and nowadays it's harder to get on top of the fact that we kind of find it a bit disgusting icky to have a great big liver and we cut it up and it's bloody and hard to eat.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of my percenter.
Speaker 4: Is that weird?
Speaker 2: Is that weird?
Speaker 1: Three men?
Speaker 3: No, it isn't weird at all, because visually it looks exactly like.
Speaker 1: Think of that. We saw it recently and I was like, oh, that's I pulled it out the other day because we've kept I don't know, we're going to try.
Speaker 3: It with liver and onions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe a bit of bacon.
Speaker 4: Really, the problem that we're solving is that, you know, our grandparents had something to eat that was nutritious and gave them what they needed. Nowadays we can't get it. And so essentially what we're doing is we're bringing back something that our ancestors ate in a convenient form. So the liver is no longer a big bloody thing that it looks like a percenter and that you sit on the table. It's already been freeze dried and ground to a powder put into a capsule, so you can't smell it and taste it, and you can just conveniently taken in the morning. You can have your bottle take it traveling, so it's super easy to get a super whack of vitamins, you know, you be vitamins, vitamin A, iron, et cetera. So that's sort of, you know, that whole overarching view of that ancestral part where we're really connecting with how we used to eat. You know, the reality is if we ate like our grandparents, we don't have a business anymore because we wouldn't need it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and maybe the fact that people don't understand is that organs liver in particular is the most nutrient dense food on the planet. By numb nothing comes close to it. So it's packed full of nutrients, just as Mother Nature intended in the right ratios. So there's a synergy of vitamins and minerals that work together to assist each other. But it just delivers such a nutritional punch that it is unbeatable. But it just is tarnished with the kind of yucky.
Speaker 2: Fact because the reason why all the like the big predator animals eat that liver firsteah, and now we just you can just take it on capsule, Yes she can.
Speaker 1: So the next question we're going to ask was why beef organs and what is so great about them? You've kind of started covering that, but can you give us some insight into why these organs it's beef rant yep.
Speaker 4: So, being ruminant animals, they naturally deliver high and nutrient value in the organs. And so liver in particular is the hero is stew alluded to super high concentration of bee vitamins across the board, but in particular B twelve it's got good amounts of vitamin A as well as copper zinc and a whole plethora of other vitamins and minerals. And so you know B twelve, especially if you're on a vegetarian or vegan style diet, you're naturally going to be low in the B twelve in your system, and so you know, it's an easy way to reintroduce those vitamins back into your diet. When we look at the other organs, so Kidney's got a good amount of selenium. Spleen is where you get a real punch of iron. Heart's got some coke ten and a few other little bits and pieces. So each of the organs has their own little unique kicker if you like the B vitamins and the vitamin A and the little bit of iron that you get in is the reason. It's the superhero of all the organs, right, and.
Speaker 1: That's why it's good for what it has been for me for postpartum, I guess because I'm lacking iron, which I was during my whole pregnancy, So that's why I felt maybe a good effect from it.
Speaker 4: Would you say that, yeah, partly? I mean I would say that there could be two factors, right, So with your anemia if you want to call it, that can be caused by two things, So it can actually be low iron. So you're lacking a little bit viroe in your diet, and so yeah, the introduction of either liver or particular spleen can increase your iron levels, and that's one way to feel better. The other one is that there's a different type of anemia that's caused by bee vitamin deficiency. And so what that does is it impacts the body's ability to create good quality red blood cells. And so therefore you've got iron in your system, but your body can't use it, probably yes, And so by introducing the B vitamins and the vitamin A, it allows the body to create a much better quality red blood cell that can bind hemoglobin. That combine the iron binds the oxygen and you feel fantastic.
Speaker 3: We liken it too. I mean you are filling in the nutritional gaps. You may be iron and B twelve deficient and trapes. You might struggle with ZENC and copper and any of these trades minerals that are really important as well to thrive. Depending on where you are on your health journey, who knows, but because of the length and breadth of nutrients that organs offer, there'll be plugging gaps somewhere along the line. And it's coming from whole food, so it works. We mentioned bioavailability, and I know that there are some nutrients out there that are not easy to convert from either plant food or synthetics. But when you actually get it from an animal based product that is as Mother Nature intended, unadulterated, we don't mess with it in any way apart from freeze drying it. Then all of the goodness is in there and it's very readily available to the body. We have a philosophy which we call the Primal Code, and that talks to pillars of health, which is nutrition, movement, mindset, and sleep. And you've got to really talk to all of those pillars in able to have that structure of the building actually work for you. And from a nutritional perspective, we advocate eating whole foods just as nature intended. So if you're going to eat a piece of fish, eat a piece of fish ingredient one. Don't go and get a piece of frozen fish that's crumbed and battered and statined and flavored and all that kind of stuff with fifty ingredients.
Speaker 2: But it's so easy.
Speaker 1: So you're saying, with carty fish fingers, I love a fishing I'm gonna like it.
Speaker 3: No comic.
Speaker 1: If you're listening, we're still boying fishing, is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So obviously Sean, you took it after pregnancy and lacking an iron and all that, But I also take it too. There's a difference between the two that we take. For other people who might be struggling in something, is this going to help them in some way?
Speaker 4: The bee vitamins do way more than energy. They contribute to psychological health. They contribute to skin health, same with the hair and all those sort of things. And so when you combine it with the other organs, are bringing in different things like seleniums another good one that feeds into all of these biological systems that produce weird results like my hair's thicker and longer. And so this is where you know that question about who's at four. I mean, it's for everybody because the way we often describe it is the But it's not like a calculator where you put something in and you can calculate what you're going to get out. It's more like a colder and a chemical system where if you just put in some raw ingredients, your body is going to determine what it needs to do. With those things different and so what my body needs out of beef liver at this moment in time maybe different to yours. That's where you get these really drastically different outcomes and what people experience on it.
Speaker 3: Out of all of the pillars, So nutrition, movement, mindset, sleep, sleep is the number one. If you don't nail your sleep, everything else crumbles because you wake up, you're feeling tired, You're less sensitive to insulin, so you're going to crave carbi food, so there's junkie foods for instant gratification. You're not going to feel like exercising, so perhaps you skip the gym. You're going to be cranky, you have brain fog, and it just spirals on from there, so you don't feel like doing any of these things. Whereas if you nail sleep and you work to nail sleep, once that's nailed and you wake up feeling fully refreshed, and you think, right, I'm going to make intentional choices for my health today. I'm going to start with a great breakfast, So I'm going to prioritize protein and fat like these are the big ones, and I'm not going to jump onto a carbi breakfast which will then set you up on an insulin rollercoaster later on. So you're having the muffin at eleven o'clock and then that guides you into the wrap and theo at one o'clock.
Speaker 1: Nothing wrong with them.
Speaker 2: I've got a few recipes for you. This is like too good to miss because like how important sleep is and how much you've worked on it. What would you say your three most important things?
Speaker 3: So there are things that you can do. There's housekeeping that you can do on sleep. So the bedroom obviously needs to be super dark, like you can't see your hand in front of your face dark. Yeah, it has to be.
Speaker 2: I've heard red light things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that any light is an issue because we have a pineal gland that detects light and our body produces hormones sleepy hormones. Melotonin is one you'd probably be aware of that. We can stop the production of that by telling the body that it isn't dark yet. It's hence with bright lights and devices, so your point to the red light absolutely, So it's like you're shining a torch in your face. You're telling your body that it is still daytime. So downregulate the production of Melatonian like, we don't need it yet because it's daytime. You can use night shift or whatever the app settings are on your devices. Again, we shouldn't be using our devices past a certain point because you're stimulating your brain and we don't want to be stimulating our brain. At nine o'clock at night.
Speaker 1: Our hallway is literally like this light here in our studio because he has a nightlight on, and we see in our bedroom it's changed the.
Speaker 3: Lights to orange or red lights. Okay, that's a no brainer. Yeah, reduce the stimulation later on at night. If you've nailed your sleep hygiene so the room is dark, you're on top of your lights noise as well. If noise is a real issue for you, wear ear plugs. I mean, you've got children now, so I'm not wearing.
Speaker 1: Ear plugs to you. If someone breaks in the house and tries to kill me, I want to hear it.
Speaker 3: Now, but you won't know about it, and I.
Speaker 2: Will.
Speaker 1: I have this chat with a girlfriend lately and her husband wears earplugs, and she's like, I do not know how he does that, because how is he not scared that, like the house is burning down, you can't hear it? So one of you.
Speaker 2: But if it's burning down, I'm not going to hear the smoke. I'm not going to hear the you know, I'm going to I'm going to smell it.
Speaker 3: That term ignorance is bliss perfect.
Speaker 1: He is going to get us killed. No, no, no, okay, So I get that, but I.
Speaker 3: Can't do that reduce the stimulation. We've got two parts of our brain. We've got this thinking brain, which is often referred to as monkey mind. We don't want to be engaging our thinking brain too much before we go to bed because obviously we want to try and rest and relax, so so they.
Speaker 2: Don't think about all the anxious, stuffy, try not to Yeah, right, wrong, man.
Speaker 3: I recorded a good episode on our podcast with a neuroscientist and he was talking about how the brain works, and he gave me a great tip and I've used this for many years now. And essentially, if you're the type to wake up in the middle of the night and you start to think and your brain races and the monkey mind comes and you can't get back to sleep. But that's your thinking brain, So so you need to switch that into to another gear, a reverse gear. And the way that you can do that is by instead of thinking about things, try recal, try remembering, and that down regulates your thinking brain and it works a treat. So what I do is I'll watch some dumb ass Netflix show before I go to bed because it just switches off that thinking brain, and then if I do wake up, my default action is to think immediately about the Netflix show and reenact that show in my brain. It works. It works a treat.
Speaker 1: Can you do memories at like a childhood memory? You can, So you can be a memory.
Speaker 3: You can think about anything. I always like a backup plan as well if that one doesn't work. So I go to the gym every morning before work. I reenact my workout in my head, but in detail. I'm walking into the gym, I press the button, the door opens, I walk in, I turn right. I put my bag on the lockers, I take my tail out. I've got my weight gloves. I put them on. I go up to the bench press. I take a twenty kg plate, I put it on. What does it feel like when it's sliding on the plate. I won't even get to the point where I'm lifting a weight and I'm asleep.
Speaker 2: So I feel like I'd like I walk up to the gym, I press the button. Yeah, oh no, I didn't. Oh no, that would be Yeah. It's kind of like a meditation, is it is. It's kind of like taking it into a point.
Speaker 3: It is you just repeat these things and then that will help you drop. I think the like the thinking brain that starts to worry about stuff, the angle's brain, and then you will naturally gravitate to better choices throughout the day. The moment you gravitate into a better nutritional choice, then you're setting yourself up for even more success during that day. And that's where, like we said, we're talking about the organs, like, there's no magic pill, but if you get all of the other pillars in place, like that little pill, that just fill in the little gaps there, and that's it.
Speaker 2: Now, that's the best version of you. Best version.
Speaker 1: So okay, let's say optimal sleeps up the cards. Because of us, we're in the thick of kids. What's the next best thing for optimal health?
Speaker 3: All right, it's easy. Eat whole foods.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's less about what you put in and more about.
Speaker 3: What you one hundred percent. Oftentimes people ask me, well, you know, I want more, like, give me a better example, give me a bigger tip, And I say, avoid anything that contains vegetable oil, like anything that has processed vegetable oil. And you'll be sitting there and they'll be friends of ours, will be in their beautiful organic crackers and beat root tahini dip, and there'll be all of these, you know, beautiful kind of Mediterranean style process foods there, every single one of them will have vegetable oil. And that's linked in the underground world, which is alternate health to a cascade of inflammatory processes in the body, which impacts skin, which impacts sleep, cardiovascular health, all of the above. If you work to pull out anything with vegetable oil in your diet, you will immediately clean up ninety nine point nine percent of your nutritional choices and you're filling a million bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I always to do that. Yeah, to do that. It's just harder to break that cycle.
Speaker 3: And if you get that right, especially with whole foods, and I mentioned before about and fat dominant breakfast, if you get that right, snack becomes a word that you never use because you're not hungry. Why would you need a snack Because you've given your body everything and needs at the start of the day, like I'll eat at six forty five in the morning, like big, big, big breakfast, like the biggest breakfast and Harver smoothie. After that, I'll have lunch at two thirty. There's no snacking in between, there's no need to Yeah.
Speaker 2: Isn't it funny? Sometimes it's you don't need to eat breakfast, and then well, breakfast is the most important thing. But then this was coming from when I was a kid. Breakfast is the most important thing, and it was coming from a cereal company. Yeah, yeah, of course, h okay, so okay, So breakfast is the most important part of the day. But the right foods.
Speaker 4: And there's an analogy that I've heard other people talk about, like when you go to the supermarket, you've got all the center aisles, and then you've got the perimeter.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The perimeter has the fruit, the vegetables, the meat, yeah, the dairy, et cetera. Right shop. If you shopped only the perimeter, you've pretty much just got whole foods.
Speaker 2: Right. Generally speak, just go to a hot lap of the seed market.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, because the middle aisles you'll find is where all of the hidden seed oil is so when we say vegetable all right, as a chef, right, you go, yeah, but I'm frying in this right, and that's where your mind goes immediately. But it's the hidden version where people are caught out. I think. So if you go and take any store bought mayonnaise, it's all made on some type of vegetable oil, whereas it super easy to make your own mayonnaise at home with a nice clean AVO or olive oil. And so it's little switches like that that have dramatic health impacts. And it's those things where people don't even know it's there and then you feed them to the kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The hot lap, the hot perimeter of the supermarket, I reckon is another simple thing that if am I buying an ingredient to make something, or am I buying something that's already made for me? And nine times out of ten, the thing that's been made for you has got stuff in it.
Speaker 2: You don't want.
Speaker 1: It's fifty nasties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's got to be able to sit on the shelf for how long, So it's got to have things in it.
Speaker 1: We discovered this about our oat milk. But it's like just that mindset shift of like I was going, but we've always had it. It is what I It's like, I can't be that bad visual or whatever. It's vegetables.
Speaker 2: You know, you've always been told you can't cook with extra virgin olive oil. And then all of a sudden, my friend she started at olive. Is it called a vinyard?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, theyd olive oil.
Speaker 2: Beautiful extraversional ball, and she's like, no, it's all myths. You can deep fry extra virginally all, it's just that you can't do it too much because the smoke point. But the smoke point is two hundred and something degrees and you actually fry at one hundred and eighty, so you never actually reach that smoke point, so it doesn't matter anyway. It's like all a cop out. So like I've fully gone to, like the only oil I really ever used for cooking is extravergional oly wall yeah, with the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which also cost us an armor a lake. Like we're literally never going to be able by house because we're too busy bang olive oil.
Speaker 4: So if you want another hack for like another good cooking oil is make your own tallow and it's super easy.
Speaker 2: You just grab the fat.
Speaker 4: Grab the fat from.
Speaker 2: And that's doing a big like a lot of restaurants are going back that way.
Speaker 4: If you go to the butcher, you'll get them sometimes. So imagine you've got a kilo of beef fat and for me, I just dice it up into little cubes. You just put it straight into a fry pan or a saucepan, and you just put on a low heat and it'll cook out all of the oil. And then what's left behind is all of the connective tissue in the fat. When you're rendering it, all of that stays in there and cooks hard, and you get like a I call it a croutons, like a beef crouton. So you strain out all of your oil. Once you finish, that goes into a container that you can then cook with. Stays in the fridge for months and months, but it won't last that because you keep using it because everything you cook in it tastes ten.
Speaker 1: They taste so good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And those croutons the day you make them, you take them out, drain them, cover them in salt, and it's the best.
Speaker 3: Take my money.
Speaker 1: Can you make this rough? So good? I feel like people are really scared of oil. They are, They're like and even for me, so I'm tracking like my calories, I'm tracking protein because I want to lose the last time my little baby weight for bowie. And when I put olive oil in, Like there's so many calories and olive oil, and people I think are scared when they're trying to lose weight or be healthy of too much oil. Even like avocados. People are like there's so much fat and oil and have cars. You shouldn't have them. And You're like, it's a bloody fruit or is it vegetable whatever it is, Yeah, it's a fruit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well think about I mean people on keto diets. People go on keto diets to lose weight. That's a high fat.
Speaker 1: Do they have this weight on them?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Though it is successful.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, It's about what you take out, not what you put in. I wouldn't worry about the avocado. I mean there's that saying is it don't blame the burger for what the bun? Did you know? It's the process cover hydrate, it's not the meat. So I don't think the like the avocado or the olive oil, Like, no, that's going to satiate you, so it's going to make you feel nice and full. If you take that out, then typically you're going to have to replace that with some form of energy, and you'll probably be gravitating more towards the kind of carb process. You give me a wrap or a roll or a bagel or whatever that might be, whereas if you go for your protein and your fat game over on snacks, you don't need that exactly.
Speaker 4: Another important part of the fat discussion is there's certain vitamins and minerals that are only found in animal fats, So take the tallow or butter or other animal fats as well. There components in there that you can't get anywhere else. There is and they were just referred to as the fat sober vitamins traditionally ADEK, so some of them are in other products, but there are certain things, certain ones in there, you can't get anywhere else. So unless you eat some butter or some dairy that's got fat in it, or tallow or a fatty steak or whatever, you're missing out on key things. And so back to the beginning of the conversation around you know, the nutrient density that Stew's talking about if we go to our grandparents who ate the way that we've been talking about, they weren't nutrient deficient at all. And then as the next generations come along, they've replaced animal fat with the vegetable oil. So vegetable oils not only are they bad for you from the sense of a biological point of view, but they lacked nutrients, so their nutrient void. So what's happened is we've replaced foods that had lots of nutrients in them with lots of nutrient void foods that are high in energy. And so the body is eating these things and going, well, I'm not getting what I need. I'm still hungry, so go back to the cupboard. And so what Stews alluding to in regards to the protein and the fat is if you have two of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet, which is a piece of meat effectively and some fat, you're already three quarters away to a point where you don't need to snack. The body's got what it needs on you go and do your tasks.
Speaker 1: So for those listening at home and for us, yes, if we're talking about nutrition, we've covered that, We've covered sleep. You said these are the pillars right, movement and mindfulness. Let's talk about the movement, Like, what's your top tip? If I come to you and I'm like, hey, I don't even move at all.
Speaker 3: I interviewed a longevity doctor in the States a couple of years ago, and he was deep into the science of the art of longevity. And I asked him, what is the one thing that you can tell me that I can share with my audience that will enable us to be the best versions of ourself to live the longest, fullest lives.
Speaker 2: Can I guess, go on lifting weights walking.
Speaker 3: He leaned into the microphone and he said two words, and you've got it. He said, lift weights.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 3: And for females out there, you're never ever ever going to get big and bulky. It's impossible, like you just don't have the hormones for that to happen naturally. So if you can, like lift heavy things slowly. And the second one is just walk, just walk. If you've got to go shops to pick something up and it's a two minute drive, just walk there. Even if you can just hit five thousand steps a day and you can track it. Everybody has an iPhone, Just walk there. Are so many benefits. It is becoming like the new super exercise in all of the underground movement of health and nutrition and fitness. When you get up in the morning, if you do go out for a walk, don't wear sunglasses. Don't wear sunglasses because you are telling your body that it's still dark and your body needs to stop producing melatonin and it needs to switch on quartersole because it's your wake and that will help you reset your circadian rhythm and it helps you sleep that night as well.
Speaker 2: It's on a timer, isn't it. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: Your circadian rhythm is in sync because if you've got up in the morning, you've got sunlight in your eyeballs, and if you can during the day, if you can get some sun on your skin as well and in your eyes, then that will really really help everything towards the backstage of that day. So everything comes into alignment when you just do simple things that we've always done for years. We eat real food, we move our bodies, we think happy thoughts, and we sleep.
Speaker 1: True or false. You have customers at Ancestral Nutrition who are vegans and vegetarians who buy these capsules.
Speaker 4: True and actually is the beginning of their journey away from vegan vegetarian back to I won't say animal based, but a more whole food diet. We hit it is quite a lot that they credit the Organs with being that first step. It's kind of like the gateway
Speaker 1: Gateway, yeah, the gateway back to our sausage y yeah,