Speaker 1: High Scrollers is produced on gadigul Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country. An elder's past and present.
Speaker 1: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. Let's play a game, Matt.
Speaker 2: Let's play a game.
Speaker 1: I reckon love when we do like a little game, like, we need to have a little game segment. I'm telling you, Okay, okay. So this game is We're going to expose influences that we know. We're going to give details about their appearance and see if everyone can guess. I'm just joking after the expose that you did on the last on the main episode expose, do.
Speaker 2: You reckon people really know? Straight away?
Speaker 1: I mean, is that the worst thing in the world if everyone knows. I think it's a known thing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I've got like two activities for us to do in close friends today. So first of all, I have saved this TikTok of this creator who's doing like a bit of a mini series. Let me find it, and this is what she set thinks.
Speaker 3: So I do because I'm slightly evil but never wrong.
Speaker 2: Part four.
Speaker 1: So things that I do because I'm slightly evil and never wrong. And she's doing a series. Her name is Gracie Drashkavich with d dress Kovich, and we're gonna go through and I thought, especially, I feel like you could be good to answer these whether you would do them or you think they're petty or not. Okay, So she talks pretty quickly, so I'm gonna have to like just go through it and pause it as she talks, thinks.
Speaker 3: So I do because I'm slightly evil but never wrong.
Speaker 2: Part four.
Speaker 3: If I know that you've talked to shit on me or you don't like me, I will purposely be so nice to you and compliment you on purpose in public in front of other people so that your hate looks crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely hundred percent that you would do that. I do that. I do that.
Speaker 1: If someone's been talking nasty about you, you have to be extra nice to them.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent.
Speaker 1: I think there is a power in doing that. So I'm gonna have to agree with that one.
Speaker 2: Because Yeah, the thing is like one person comes to mindst away another person in the same space as us, and they're just fucked.
Speaker 1: Can you just mouth their name?
Speaker 2: Write it down. I've been caught before with the fucking recordings here on this podcast been released, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 1: So who is it I need to know? I need to know us where I'm not going to say it out loud.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah. So basically like just false things. And so my whole thing is I'm like, I'm gonna be nice as pie in real life.
Speaker 1: See, I agree, but I'm.
Speaker 2: All sort of just ignoring. Like if I ignored, it probably adds. It probably adds to the narrative.
Speaker 1: Like I'm in between, and it depends on the context. I'm all for, like be the bigger person and just be like hello and like be super nice, but it depends what they're fucking said, like if I'm like if it's extreme, like I kind of just want to be like you, I don't even want to like talk to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it.
Speaker 1: Depends on what's been said and what the context is. But I feel like we can't think too far into these things. We just got to say like, yeah, okay, okay, okay, so be ready for the next one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and people will start to question your heat. If I know someone I don't like is going to be somewhere that I'm going I always make sure to show up more consistent, more composed, and more successful.
Speaker 2: If I'm playing No, I don't do that.
Speaker 1: No, that's a bit much, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know what, Sorry, I don't need to. I already know I'm better than that person, So I don't need to compose myself or make myself look better or I can. I can show up as my worst and I'm still going to be better than you.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 2: That's actually my Wow. Fuck, that was powerful, right, Yeah, that's actually my mantra.
Speaker 1: I'm with you on that one.
Speaker 3: If I'm playing the fake game with someone, like I know they don't like me, but they're being fake towards me, pretending they like me. If I'm feeling really bored, sometimes I'll just say I miss you to them. I know that just takes it once to up further and makes them really uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: No, No, I wouldn't do that, do that.
Speaker 2: We're not gone above and beyond.
Speaker 3: No, I let others set the bar for how our relationship's going to go, and then I'm a mirror from there. I respond to passive aggressiveness like they're being sweet, and I don't get it. This makes people truly feel insane.
Speaker 1: If someone's being passive aggressive, she does what she pretends that they're being sweet and it throws them off.
Speaker 2: I think this bitch has too much time on her hands to think about all these situations.
Speaker 1: So that's what a lot of the comments are saying.
Speaker 2: Like how do you have the energy to actually analyze every single conversation you have with people?
Speaker 1: That's what one of the top comments says. So it says to me, this is giving too much energy to my haters. I make it clear I don't like them, then never let them near me again. I ain't got time to play games. And then people are saying, are you a water sign?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Interesting? I think like the worst. At the start, I was like, yeah, sure, and then the more it went on, I was like, this is getting unhinged.
Speaker 1: Now, well she's done a whole series, so I think now she realizes it gets a lot of engagement in comments, so she's just going with it. Okay, another game that we can play. I saw another TikTok and it was what are small red flags in people that if you notice in them immediately, you know you'll never want to become friends with that person. And now this person said one of mine, but she said like, don't make it basic, like that. So her example was, for example, when people are rude to waiters and waitresses. She's like, yes, that's an obvious one. But what's like something specific that you notice about people.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this is something that I could just like never get on board with them and we would never be friends. But I have a weird thing that if you choose, out of all the condiments in the world, if you choose tomato, sauce or ketch up, you are fucking dead to me.
Speaker 1: But it depends what you eat.
Speaker 2: Nah, I think no matter.
Speaker 1: What, even if you're having a pie, you're gonna bee.
Speaker 2: I choose barbecue, Okay, yeah, I'll put mayonnaise on a pie though. Yeah.
Speaker 1: See to me, like, if it's party pies and sausage rolls, I like either tomato or barbecue, but probably barbecue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll go barbecue.
Speaker 1: I just only the tomato sauce. Is like if you're having a hot dog, like, tomato sauce is good with a hot dog.
Speaker 2: See, I like to put like a cheese sauce on my hot dogs.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, or like mustard and tomato sauce.
Speaker 2: Okay, mustard and ketchup together. Sure, Just ketchup on a hot dog, fucking rogue.
Speaker 1: See I love a Frankfurt just dipped in tomato sauce.
Speaker 2: Yeah again, barbecue for me? Really yeah, see ketchup for me? Like, if tomato sauce is your flavor of choice for your sauce, that's not a red flag that means we're never gonna get along. But I definitely do look at you as a subhuman to me, you know what I mean, Like I look at you. It's beneath me, Like I go your a peasant with your with your catch.
Speaker 1: One is definitely people that are rude to waiters and waitresses. I know someone personally who is rude to waiters and waitresses. That's fine, and I don't want to go out for meals with that person because they embarrass me. And then I try to overcompensate to the waiter and waitress and then I'm like, that's not an enjoyable experience for me to go out for a meal with you when I'm like overcompensating beings super nice or like offering to order for them or whatever. But that is like a major red flag for me. People that just talk to like service people in general, like beneath them. That's a massive red flag to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, if the service worker like to ketchup, I would definitely treat them worse like if I. In fact, from now on, I'm going to ask my waiters and waitresses what's your favorite source, and if they give me anything but ketchup, I'll give you a tip.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe you and AJ need to band together to hate everything tomato.
Speaker 2: So he actually is beyond the normal threshold because there are plenty people who don't like tomato. I have a friend who if a tomato touches her burger like the've accidentally so so for me, I don't eat tomato, hate tomato, I don't mind, like I like ketchup. Like, It's not that I don't like it. I just think it's just something about it just gives basic to me. Yeah, so tomato and a burger. If I say no tomato and my burger comes out with a tomato, I'll happily just take it off. Whatever these things happen. One of my friends is like, no, you must make my whole burger again. The tomato used to.
Speaker 1: Be like that, but he's gotten better, I think like since being with me, where he will just pull the tomato off and still eat it. But it used to be I cannot that tomato has touched that, so I can't eat that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, but he won't even have tomato sauce. He won't even have anything with tomato flavoring in it.
Speaker 1: Like, look, if he's got a packet of corn chips, he'll check ingredients and if it has tomato like powder or whatever in the ingredients, he won't eat that.
Speaker 2: See that's insane. I know, like that's insane. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't get mad at aj for anything ever, but that infuriates me and I want to punch you, because throw the fuck up.
Speaker 2: When you go out to dinners and stuff, you always have to have a white based, a white sauce pasta. You can never get like a vodka unless obviously you take it home or you just eat the whole thing. But they're quite usuallyfo capast is quite big and it's something you're split. Yeah, he couldn't do a lamb ragou, which is insane.
Speaker 1: Does that have tomato in it? Yeah? I will say, though, I think there has been a lot of times where we've had things at restaurants and he's like, oh, like there might be like a sauce that might be like a chili sauce. But I'm like, he was like, does it smell like tomato? I smell No, it doesn't smell like tomato at all. And then he'll eat it and I know for sure it has tomato in it, but I just bug him on and say, no, that tastes more like chili.
Speaker 2: The corn chip thing is wild. Yeah, so even like barbecue shapes tomato in that.
Speaker 1: So he doesn't even have barbecue sauce because that has tomato in it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so his shape of choice is like a chicken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, chicken crimpy is his favorite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which are the elite shape? I'm sorry that's going to ruffle some feathers, but I.
Speaker 1: Feel like we spoke about this like years ago on this pod and I said, I think an underrated one is the is it nacho.
Speaker 2: Cheese cheese and bacon?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, The yellow cheese ones are really good.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: And then there's the blue one, dark.
Speaker 2: Blue not pizza.
Speaker 1: No pizza is also up there, dark blue shapes. Let me look it up.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like that one nacho cheese.
Speaker 2: Well then what's the cheese one? Just cheese?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this is like a bit of red in it, right, Yeah, just cheese cheese? Is that yellow one?
Speaker 2: Do they still sell all those flavors?
Speaker 1: I think so. I feel like when I go to look at that one savory, I haven't seen that for ages.
Speaker 2: I feel like when I go to the shops, all you see is like chicken cream, pizza, barbecue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, chicken, chicken drumstick.
Speaker 2: Chicken drumstick. Now that was fucking beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's well and truly gone.
Speaker 2: Now chicken drumstick. Well. Shapes also has like meat pie flavors. Now they've got the vegie, the vegiemite one's quite nice. They've got the meat.
Speaker 1: Pie cheese and bacon's good. No, what happened to chicken drumstick flavor?
Speaker 2: Can you type in shapes Korean barbecue? I don't know whether it was. Yeah, it was Shapes that sent it to me just the other week. Yes, they sent me Korean barbecue.
Speaker 1: Flavs, grilled Korean barbee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, had that that was nice? Fully loaded?
Speaker 1: Were no beef taco? What the hell?
Speaker 2: Anyway? What were we talking about? You were going to go onto red flags or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are there any other red flags in people?
Speaker 2: Well you said, what were some of her examples?
Speaker 1: Because she didn't have any? Oh, she was asking the people and then I didn't save it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was one more game you wanted to play.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I saw another TikTok? And sorry, I haven't saved any of these tiktoks? But what is something in your house that you'll never budge on?
Speaker 2: What do you mean by that?
Speaker 1: So? For example, with me, I will always buy expensive nice butter. So like, no matter how expensive something is, you know, is there a thing in your household that you'll always buy? Like the non home brand version of oh QP Mayo?
Speaker 2: Ye'd be the first thing that comes to mind. And then yeah, my barbecue sauce. Speaking of souce, and always had a lot of sauce.
Speaker 1: Talking do you buy that one in like the what one do you get.
Speaker 2: Just Master Foods?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but that's just.
Speaker 1: Some people like that other one, you know, and it's got like the fat bottom and then the skinny top.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, it's not real special or anything. It's just that the Master Foods one is the one that I've like settled on and I like I think as well, cheese it has to be bigger.
Speaker 1: See that's interesting because I remember you spoke about this once and then I was like, oh, I always just buy like the Coal's brand bag of tasty cheese, and then you were like, no, that you've got to get the bigger shredded cheese.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So did you ever get the bigger one? And did you taste the difference? Funny, So yeah, there's definitely a difference, Like the Coal's cheese is like powdery like it is. Yeah, nah, like the bigger.
Speaker 1: And canind of say just side note, I love cheese like no, like it's one number one favorite food really, yeah.
Speaker 2: Because there's it's so versatile too. There's so many things you can do with cheese. But also there's so many types of cheese. So you've got all the types, then you've got all the things you can do with the cheese.
Speaker 1: You love cheese like I love when I'm like I just feel like something going to the fridge, get a massive handful of grated cheese. Sometimes I even get a bowl and just tip grated cheese into it and sit there. Yeah, really love it.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Sometimes Lain in bed at night nine thirty gonna go to sleeping abound hour. What I want to eat? Little snack? And then I have from Costco the big massive tower of the Triangle cow. Six of those, just eat them in bed.
Speaker 2: There's what's the other cheese? There's another cheese that you.
Speaker 1: Should baby Bell.
Speaker 2: No, I can't remember, but now that you got me thinking of the cheese. You don't have nightmares because of the cheese cheese.
Speaker 1: With that, but I have fucking weird dreams every night anyway.
Speaker 2: The honey and pistachio. That's my favorite cheese. Yum.
Speaker 1: Any honey with cheese yum.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah on the Mersey Valley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, any cheese and put honey on top on a cracker yum. I'm just so hungry.
Speaker 2: What's that creamy cheese that you like?
Speaker 1: Daf and wine?
Speaker 2: And then Kate's found that garlic and her so have you tried that? I got to do that? Yeah? Nice, I do love a cheese. I could talk about cheese for the rest of my life, but let's do this last little game and wrap this baby up.
Speaker 1: The game was what are things you never budge on?
Speaker 2: Oh? Fuck, I forgot. We'd sorry. We talked about cheese so much. I've forgotten all about that. Butter Mine is high quality. Like I'll only get my Ajax spray and white, like the expensive spray and white.
Speaker 1: Another one. I always buy Quilton toilet paper, okay, like the purple packet one. Yeah, this reply or whatever it is. Yeah, although at work we have the no Ish no crap what is it? Nobody gives a crab?
Speaker 2: Who gives a crap? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we've got that at work because that's good. But at home, I've got Quilton. Could never go another brand at home, same a Jack spray and wipe like always do that one.
Speaker 2: Oh and you know what, just randomly, just as a little but tidbit bonus. So Max, because I was just going to say streaming services, Like I'm someone who, no matter what my budget entails, I need my streaming services. And it annoys me that you need so many. I will say, I just got Max. Max has just launched a HBO Max. Oh yeah, so all the HBO shows there's like Sex and the City, the Sopranos I think are on there, things like that, like old shows like that, and then they've got like House of Dragon, a lot of the things that were on Binge. I think Binge had a lot of the contracts for HBO Max and then Binge has now lost those because Max has launched in Australia.
Speaker 1: I'm shocking on it. Need to get my streaming services in order because I mainly watch Netflix, like that's just the one that I always turn on. But I know for sure that I've got like a Disney Plus, I've got like yeah, but like I haven't watched them for so long, but I know that we've got them and we pay for them, So I either need to start watching shit on there or unsubscribe time.
Speaker 2: I now have just done the yearly I'm doing the yearlyst for whatever one I.
Speaker 1: Can, okay, because it's cheaper.
Speaker 2: Chair works out cheaper, and I thought, well, I've had it for the last twelve months, you know. Yeah, so I thought we may as well get the one payment out of the world one time. We should.
Speaker 1: I wonder if we could, like in our Netflix account, like how much it's cost us across the lifetime. The same way we looked up at Ubers.
Speaker 2: I even like looked at Mustan because I went through it all. It's it's a good time a year to look at your budgets and yeah, you know, blah blah. So I was looking at my STAN one and I've had that since the dawn of fucking Stan and I don't want to even think about how much money I spent on that. But I also have seen that it went it was increasing, yeah, and I'm like, I can't even remember it being that cheap. Anyway, I wanted to say all this sorry before we wrap this up, that I got Max and I canceled it within fifteen minutes because I went through the whole thing, and I'm just the thing that annoys me is they are not offering a free trial, so I had to sign up and pay the twelve dollars to even just get access to it to see what was on there. So that pissed me off that I couldn't do a free trial. But I think that nowadays, you know, free trials probably don't exist on streaming services because we already know what's on there, we already know how they work. They probably don't because Disney Plus doesn't do a trial either, So nowadays you don't get many like thirty day free trials. Sometimes you get a seven day free trial, but like, whatever the point is, Max didn't have one so I had to pay the twelve dollars to even get access. Once I got access, I went through the entire discography of everything they had. It was piss poor. I was like, what the fuck is going on? There's nothing on here. Granted there was White Loadus. So I have been watching the Wait Ye the Now broadcast. But the thing is, I've started watching the White Lotus and because I'm paying the twelve dollars a month, that's the basic plan. So I have to watch three ads before the show starts.
Speaker 1: No, if you're paying for something.
Speaker 2: Three ads before it starts, and then every ten minutes.
Speaker 1: Three ads for something.
Speaker 2: No, and it's twelve dollars. So it's like it was like basic with ads. Then you can pay fifteen or sixteen dollars and you don't have ads. I was like, oh, just to the basic, Like what I gotta watch one or two ads? No, there are like fifteen ads per episode of Whiteloatus. It is fucking ridiculous. Max, sort your shit out. Matt's Around of the Week coming in now, because I was like, this is actually fucking cooked. If I'm paying three four dollars a month, maure fifteen ads on one twelve bucks. It's also why I can't watch, Like you know, you watch you Married at First Site, you love it. That's one of the biggest draw cards for me not to watch is.
Speaker 1: That, I think the good thing about like, yeah, there's so many ads in Married at First Site, but like because I watch it with AJ, and because this year I had my little broadcast channel for maths. In the ad break, I talked to AJ and then I posted the broadcast channel so the ads would take like two seconds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so if you got.
Speaker 1: Someone to talk to about it, like that's when you see ad to be like, oh my god, what.
Speaker 2: The fuck just happened? Yeah, okay, fair enough. So yeah, anyway, anyway, don't recommend Max. That's my I'm deinfluencing you. Yeah, deinfluencing you from that. You don't need that at this given time. I'm happy to give it another go. In a few months maybe they.
Speaker 1: Might get those shows.
Speaker 2: But literally fifteen minutes until I unsubscribed, So there you go. Anyway, we've said enough on this episode. We've said too much this week. Honestly, this week's been a big, big revealing week for high scrollers. So we'll see you next Tuesday,