Speaker 1: The experts with Jason Lauren, your vessel specialists.
Speaker 2: Who specialize in very special things.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 4: I'm Jason Shipway and I'm an expert in cleaning.
Speaker 5: Let's hear from the expert.
Speaker 3: Jason Shipway is our cleaning expert.
Speaker 5: He joined us this morning.
Speaker 2: Jason morning, Jason, Good morning guys.
Speaker 5: How are you going good? You're going to save our furniture.
Speaker 2: I wish you lived with me.
Speaker 5: So what do you do? Jason?
Speaker 4: So, I've got a cleaning company in Western Australia called Enhanced Cleaning. We do commercial and residential. We've got a team of about sixty and I'm also certified in trauma and crime scene and mold, so all things mold.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's okay. Bit to break down here.
Speaker 6: How did you become an expert clean? Were you fascinated with cleaning as a kid? Were you?
Speaker 2: Were you a clean freak?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've always been a bit fascinated with it, but it wasn't until I was eighteen I really pulled the trigger and actually started a business. And then yeah, six years later, here we are.
Speaker 1: What's the worst you've seen?
Speaker 4: I mean, I've seen some pretty bad stuff. Things I probably couldn't talk about on radio, but you can let your imagination run wild.
Speaker 5: Well, I think it's two areas.
Speaker 3: One is residential, where I'm sure you know it's more comical and you would have seen some pretty shocking stuff.
Speaker 5: Hoarder's places really freaked me out. That's not going on, yeah my olden stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hoarder's place is really I'm not a big fan of those ones. I just get anxiety walking into a place and just seeing stuff piles of the ceiling. I like to stay in one place for a short amount of time and then move to the next, So those really aren't my cup of tea. But I do love residential because generally speaking, people seem to take better care of their own homes rather than a lot of commercial spaces. We clean like you know, you can imagine what it's like trying to clean a shopping center now.
Speaker 3: I remember growing up on mean streets to Brisbane in a full house with three other sisters, and I remember Mum always just going put vinegar on it. It was like that was the go to for cleaning everything. Yeah, is it the go to or is there a better option?
Speaker 4: Well, vinegar is great because it's got that acidity and if you combine it with a bit of dish soap in a spray bottle with some water. It's actually a very very good cleaner and you can use that for ninety percent of the house there are.
Speaker 2: Going to be or carpet or cloth.
Speaker 4: It's great for surfaces, it's it's really good for eating away at limescale built up on showers again because of that acidity. But you are going to find some better purpose cleaners off the shelf in you know, commercial grade stuff in places like Bunnings. But if you if you don't have that, then reaching for vinegar and some dish soap is really going to be all you need.
Speaker 6: Okay, Jason, Now the internet is full of I'm a lazy girl cleaner? Is there a hack to keeping you getting your house clean quickly?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Are there things?
Speaker 6: You know if you fluff the pillows, the vacuum? Yeah, what are some cleaning hacks to make things happen faster?
Speaker 4: I mean, there's a lot of cleaning hacks. Some of them are a bit more questionable than others. I've seen people cleaning with tomato sauce, which I'm not sure why you wouldn't just go and buy a bit of bray and white reach their own. No, there's a lot of good hacks. You can grab an old pillow case and throw that over your ceiling fans to dust them. Yeah, yeah, I've seen. I've seen people using you know, a few drops of lemon and some hot water in the microwave. Turned that on for a few minutes and then you'll be able to wipe everything away with a paper towel.
Speaker 2: And then it doesn't smell like popcorn anymore.
Speaker 4: Removes the odor and everything as well, which is great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I've burned popcorn in my microwave for a little while with the lemon.
Speaker 4: Throw it out, just a few drops of water with some some vinegar in a little tray with water, and you're good to go.
Speaker 5: Do you have a cleaner or do you do your own?
Speaker 4: It depends. I usually have some of my staff come and clean my place.
Speaker 5: Imagine them cleaning for the boss and make.
Speaker 2: Sure everything was immaculates.
Speaker 4: They do a good job.
Speaker 2: Can stuff.
Speaker 6: Like to chest not in Melbourne, but that mystery boss, send them over.
Speaker 1: I'll give you a review on behalf of everyone who has a cleaner. Lucky enough to have a cleaner, ask a very important question Jason.
Speaker 5: Do you do it cheaper for cash?
Speaker 1: Do you expect do you expect us to pre clean? It should be pre clean before the cleaner.
Speaker 4: Do you mean just like tidying or what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Well, my mom used to say, make sure you know, I.
Speaker 1: Even I sort of done the bench tops and all that sort of things. Point well, because I just don't want it too like a shit show.
Speaker 4: But I think that's what it is. I think people just feel a bit self conscious about having it be too dirty, so they try to get it to a standard or to a point that the cleaner can come in and then be like, oh, these people aren't you know, Well you said it not me. But there's there's two types of cleaners. You've got the maids and then you've got people who just come in and clean. Maids they're going to fold your laundry, they're going to do the dishes, they're going.
Speaker 3: To it's got one of the commonly on a chuck I do not.
Speaker 2: I don't that's unfair.
Speaker 4: So then the cleaners they'll they'll usually ask you to do that stuff and you know, pick things up off the floor so that they can just have a free surface to clean.
Speaker 6: Soon when cleaners walk into our house. Are they're judging us?
Speaker 4: I think some people would be the stuff I've seen. It's pretty hard for me to judge anything, just with the sort of cleaning I've done in the past. But you know, you've got to realize that most people are just too busy to keep on top of their house and it's just it's just we're humans at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Jason. Now I'm going to throw Clint under here.
Speaker 6: Clint no clean at a cleaner who he came home one day and found her nude in the shower, and she said, that's how she cleans people showers.
Speaker 5: She gets it.
Speaker 6: I suggested that it's not normal to take your clothes off in someone's house to clean their shower. Do your cleaners do that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I would be inclined to agree that that's not normal.
Speaker 2: But we think she was just having a shower.
Speaker 1: It has happened before, has it?
Speaker 4: Has it happened before? Yeah? Not in my experience. I mean, this.
Speaker 1: Actually happened, and she said she she did a better job when she was sure.
Speaker 4: You hired a cleaner.
Speaker 5: To shame Jason.
Speaker 2: Well done, Jason.
Speaker 6: That note we continue tarnishing Clint's reputation and welcome to the club.
Speaker 1: Jason, Jason, what's your favorite cleaning product? My favorite?
Speaker 5: What's your favorite? To pick one?
Speaker 4: Just what is every house market or just anywhere?
Speaker 5: What does every house.
Speaker 2: Need something we can all get our hands on.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, there's this really good Australian brand called King's, so King's Cleaning Coat. I use a lot of their stuff. Actually I use their glass and multi surface cleaner, their cream cleanser, and stain the steel conditioner and pretty much if you get those three products, you can clean the whole house top to bottom.
Speaker 2: King's Cleaning. Is that your business? Jason?
Speaker 4: No, I do know the owners. I don't get any kickback from it, but it's their great products and we use it in the business.
Speaker 6: How often are people really emptying their toasters cleaning.
Speaker 2: Their toasters up? Do you know that you're supposed to do that, like after every second use or something? No, look, Jason's nodding.
Speaker 4: We tell our cleaners to do it every time they go into someone's house, and every time we open it up and it's it's full of crumbs. So yeah, I don't think people are doing it every week.
Speaker 5: Would be good, I'd have a Baker's de Lots in the bottom of my mind.
Speaker 3: The tray out we are doing. The experts Jason Chipway is our expert this morning in cleaning. Hey Jas, thanks for a really good insight in something we all have to deal with every single week.
Speaker 5: Mate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks for the chat guys,