Speaker 1: This is the US Report with Jennie Morrow. Good evening and welcome to the program. Coming up tonight, a very special US Report coming to you from the beach here on Los Angeles, California, heart of what you would think would be Kamala Harris territory. But as we'll see later on in the show, appearances can be deceiving, especially in a place like this that has been so comprehensively run down by Democrat politics and politicians. I'll be talking a lot more about that with some very special guests later on in the program. But first, it's not long to go now, just days. In just a few days, the polls will officially close, the counting will officially begin, and unless I'm very wrong, it could actually be days, if not weeks, until we know who's actually going to swear the oath of office in January. First, the polls, as far as I can tell, they're deadlocked just about everywhere you go. Some aggregates show that Donald Trump has got a small lead, but this is all within the margin of error, and others suggest that Kamala Harris has wound in her sales and things are now tilting back her way again. Though this is all within the margin of error. And for every statistic I can show you, such as the fact that I don't think any incumbent party has ever won reelection with so many voters thinking the country is heading in the wrong direction as they do now in the United States, there will be another countervailing fact, such as no party has ever out pulled the pollsters three times in a row. And if Trump romps it in, in other words, pretty much everybody in the polling business will have to hang their heads in shame. That said, let me give some hope for Trump fans if you recall back in twenty twenty how the Democrats eventually caned the GOP with early abs and tea and mailing votes leading to the presidency, or perhaps I should say the regency of Joe Biden. Well, that's really swung the other way now. And in fact, let me give you a few examples. For example, because your part of the identification is known in America, when you request a ballot, we can get some numbers here that are pretty interesting. In Nevada, which Republicans are hoping to pick up, the numbers look like this as of now, GOP three hundred and six thousand, nine hundred and five voters, Democrats two sixty four to one oh nine, and others two hundred three thy twelve voters. Those are independence. We don't know which way they will go. Likewise, in the Sun belt state of Arizona, the numbers again favoring Trump Republicans six hundred eighty three thousand, two hundred eighty one ballots, Democrats five hundred and fifty four thousand, four hundred ninety two, and again those others unidentified independence three hundred ninety two thousand, six hundred and seventeen. Again an advantage for the Republicans. Now, Pennsylvania, and this is where all the money is. This is must win stuff. The twenty twenty four Republicans versus Democrat vote is now over five hundred thousand bigger than it was at the same time in twenty twenty, when Joe Biden's victory margin in that state was only eighty thousand. So there you go. Now there's a whole nother factor of play here. The press and hoo boy, do they or at least a lot of them, have their thumbs on the scale and their eyes well anywhere but on the road. Look, I have been watching Trump in politics for nine years and in public life for a lot longer than that, and I am amazed that all these supposedly very smart people running the New York Times and CNN and MSNBC just don't seem to understand what he's all about. Fresh on the heels of his shift at McDonald's, which was frankly a genius move that scored him millions of dollars in free publicity while driving Kamala Harris off the front pages. In the last day of the election, Donald Trump this week donned a high vis vest and topped in a garbage truck with his name emblazoned on the side. It was a pitch perfect response to the bitter Joe Biden and his charge that Trump supporters were garbage, a statement that I think was calculated to roll a hand grenade into the Kamala campaign just days before the polls, and once again showing that despite all the claims that Donald Trump is a fascist who knows nothing but hate, it is Harris's Democrats who are the real haters. Now, remember four weeks they've called Trump, his rallies and his followers fascists, and now they're running from Joe Biden saying they're garbage. Come on, this does not pass the smell test, if I may, But instead most of the media has run with it. Here's MSNBC seeming to take the White House's word for this so called gaff that Joe Biden somehow spoke a possessive apostrophe stuck in there, and so it was only one supporter of Donald Trump who was garbage.
Speaker 2: Now some on the right have seized that comment to mean his supporters, meaning Donald Trump's supporters, meaning all Trump supporters half the country, saying the president is calling them garbage. The White House is saying, no, no, there's an apostrophe there. He's talking about his supporter, meaning the comedian. His comments are unconscionable and Unamerican. That's the controversy last night.
Speaker 1: For CBS's Nora O'Donnell, the sin wasn't calling Trump fans garbage, it was that they didn't show grace to the president's so called gaff.
Speaker 3: He landed in Green Bay just a short time ago and then pulled this camp pain stunt speaking to reporters from a garbage truck, proof that he and his supporters are giving no grace to a gaff by President Biden where he and his explanation inadvertently called Trump supporters garbage.
Speaker 1: So kudos to this one reporter for doing her job.
Speaker 4: You are promising to bring people together, even people who disagree with you say, well, how does the table?
Speaker 5: How do you convince Trump supporters of that?
Speaker 6: Though, when you're calling their candidate a would be dictator, a petty tyrant.
Speaker 5: I am talking to everyone as an American.
Speaker 1: All of this, of course, has meant that Kamala Harris has been unable to pivot to where she wants to be, which is to claim to be the Unity candidate, which is very hard for to do after obsessing over Donald Trump and having her surrogates suggests that his rally at Madison Square Garden was like something out of the nineteen thirties. But there's a key element to this that they simply don't get. While they're being off having tantrums about Donald Trump and israll Donald Trump is having fun. Look at this here where he talks at one of his rallies book getting into that garbage truck this week, And.
Speaker 7: I said, man, this is bad because now I have all the cameras that all what look look at all the fake news. There were most of them.
Speaker 8: Now most of them.
Speaker 7: Many of them were there, and I'm saying, oh boy, you know, one little mistake with these guys and your political career is over. You can't even so I said, man, if I don't get up there, this is going to be very embarrassing. He's stupid. People they'll say he's cognitively and physically appaired. And I can't do that when I'm alongside of this great athlete.
Speaker 1: I got to get up to that.
Speaker 8: So so look, so the stair, the first stair is like up here, I'm sick. So I had the adrenaline going and I made it.
Speaker 1: Look at that guy, he's having an absolute blast. Meanwhile, Kamala Harris, Tim Walls, all of them. They like to call themselves the happy Warriors, but I reckon Trump has it all over them. And that is what the Democrats will never understand, and that's what absolutely kills them. All Right, I've been here with the team for a few days here in California, and while it is pretty much solidly democratic, you gotta remember it hasn't always been that way. Watch here as I catch up with Alex Pileckian he's a Republican running for Congress in a very Democrat district that takes in Hollywood, and he thinks California could one day go back to being a Republican stronghold. Have a look, Alex Pelekian, thanks for joining us here on the US Report, which to hear, beautiful Venice Beach, California. This state's reliably Democrat, but it used to be so Republican. How did California wind up going for being this Republican stronghold to being totally blue.
Speaker 9: Well, as you said, California has given US Republican presidents like Richard Nixon, like Ronald Reagan. And I was born and raised in California, and really the California mindset is one of personal responsibility and rugged individualism. We don't want the state to run our lives. We don't want it to be a high tax, high spend system. So a lot of immigrants, for example, like my parents, came to California because the harder you worked, the more you made of yourself. And that, to me is what traditionally the Republican Party stood for. However, they became more and more involved in trying to control people's personal lives, and that is where I think they started losing the electorate.
Speaker 1: So that's what about the social issues and so but people still now, you know, they must be getting fed up because what they voted for when we go around the city, when you look at California is high crime, high taxes, a lot of homelessness on the street, and a magnet for dysfunction from around the country.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 9: And the reason why I'm running. So I am a practicing physician, but I'm running because we need better public safety. Crime is out of control, holmlessness has gotten worse on the watch of the politicians that have been controlling the state for the last ten years. So between crime and homelessness and the fentanyl epidemic and our politicians apologizing for the criminals rather than holding them to account, that is why I'm running.
Speaker 1: So what do you see when you're out their canus saying when you're out there talking to voters, you know, how receptive are they to the Republican message? Are they baked in Democrats now or is there a mood for a shift?
Speaker 9: So my particular message is not entirely Republican. So what I'm doing is I'm focusing on public safety I'm focusing on lowering crime and also taxes, but as far as people's personal lives, abortion, gay marriage, stay out of it, and that sort of fiscally responsible, socially sane platform is being well received by the electro Yeah.
Speaker 1: And are you concerned though that, Like in California, people who might be receptive to that message, they start to leave the state. They started to say, you know what, we can't take it anymore. Yeah, we'd love to vote for change, but we'll go to Texas, We'll go to Florida, We'll take our business over there. A lot of people have left.
Speaker 9: Those are the more conservative ones, but even the more liberal ones are finding that what they signed up for with their party is not what they actually want. So rather than it being Democrat versus Republican, now it has start to be progressive versus non progressive.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So like your district though, You've got the district that you're running to take a House seat in for Congress, the thirtieth Congressional district. A lot of Hollywood people, there, a lot of TV industry that's sort of the real heart of the liberal establishment. You're really going Toto, the belly of the Beast aren't you.
Speaker 9: And again, it's not just whether you're liberal or conservative. These are shared values that we have. Public safety first and foremost. You know, you want not to have to look over your shoulder when you go out to your car after going out to a restaurant. And a lot of people now, although outwardly they say things that are kind of towing the party line, inwardly and within the privacy of the polling place, they're going to be voting for public safe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like, so do you hear that when you're pulling, when you're talking to people, when you're texting them, what's the kind of the response to that message? They privately say, Look, you know, we can't really say it, but you know, we think here on the right track precisely.
Speaker 9: I mean, I am solutions based, So I say, how am I going to fix homelessness. I'm going to reopen the federal institutions. Homelessness is not simply a housing issue. It's a mental health and drug addiction issue, as you can see over here in Venice Beech and also in Hollywood. Sure, so, focusing on solutions rather than these platitudes, that is what has really gotten people riled up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so when do you go down into that district, tell us just you know, what are some examples of kind of how bad it can get there? I mean, what do you have do you what's the homelessness destruction? Like, take us through what it's like for people when they have to live with all of this where they're trying to be just kind of normal tax paying citizens.
Speaker 9: Right, So, our politicians have wasted twenty six billion dollars of our tax money for homeless housing, but the homelessness population has increased by ten percent.
Speaker 1: Business is small.
Speaker 9: Businesinesses are being decimated because we have smash and grab crimes that aren't being prosed.
Speaker 1: This is a nine hundred fifty dollars thing, right.
Speaker 9: Yes, nine hundred and fifty dollars, so up to nine or fifty dollars theft is petty crime. In addition to that, our district Attorney, George Gascone has said that he will not prosecute juveniles for misdemeanors, which is why you have those twelve to sixteen year olds going to seven eleven on their bicycles sealing things because they know that they're going to have carte blanche. And unfortunately, these petty criminals then turn into That's what I was going to say.
Speaker 1: Once they know agent become seventeen or eighteen, well they know how to compit crimes and they're pretty used to it, right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they've not learned their lessons. Nobody's taught them that lesson. And people are starting to get sick of it. And so people like my opponent, who support George Gascone, who support these soft on crime policies, they are falling out of favor.
Speaker 1: So nationally then, like, do you see these sorts of treads what you talk about about, you know, the concern about staying out of certain areas people's social lives. You know, abortion, gay marriage, that sort of thing. We know the Democrats have nationally tried to make abortion a huge issue, and I'll tell you what, even in Australia, they're trying to make it an issue where it's just not an issue at all. Do you feel like that is starting to show that that is preventing a bigger Republican sweep nationally?
Speaker 9: I think people have been preconditioned to see the D or the R behind somebody's name and immediately shut off. So what I do is I say I am an endangered species. I am a pro choice Republican. I'm a gay man who's married to another gay man. I don't want to touch gay marriage. I don't want to touch abortion. Suddenly I've disarmed the people, and now they are ready to hear about crime and homelessness and hear about the solutions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so with that, then you know you've come into this game from medicine. You've got big shift medicine to politics. See it sometimes here? What made you decide to get into politics?
Speaker 9: You know, I've reached my breaking points. So I am still a practicing physician. I will continue to practice medicine even when I'm in Congress. But I saw that crime and homelessness were getting worse on the watch of our elected officials, cost of living was getting worse on their watch. And I said that I'm tired of waiting around for the right candidate.
Speaker 1: So I decided to be the right candidate. You would see in the hospital, like if you're doing intensive care, so you would see the playout of this may have on the streets every day in that sort of environment.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 9: I mean, I'll give you a great example homelessness in the intensive care unit. I am frequently dealing with homeless people who become sick because they're not getting medical care for their medical problems, who are having drug overdoses, and it's this revolving door. We get them better, we get them, we nurse them back to health from death store. They go out there not getting the support the resources that they need. They're put into homeless housing, but they're still using drugs and they come right back into the hospital as sick as they were from the last time. So there are root problems, mental health being the biggest one that I say that we should diagnose and treat. And it's not simply putting people in homes and wasting money on housing.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's a huge problem. We have also in Australia, this idea that you've got a mentally ill population or segment of the population's mentally ill, and we give them medications, they go out on the streets. We say, you know, go and live your life taking medication. Then they don't and mayhem ensues. Is that a problem here? It's a huge problem here.
Speaker 9: So California has one hundred and seventy thousand homeless people, almost half of them forty percent are from out of state. Why is that important Because the medical literature shows that when your family is involved with your mental health care, with your drug rehab, you have better outcomes. So one of my plans from Congress is to find the families of the forty percent of homeless here, ask them where are they, transport them across state lines, give federal dollars so their home states can establish mental health and drug treatment, and that way you even out the balance and get these people to care in the sport that they need.
Speaker 1: So finally, as it's the big national right here. You know, we talked about California at the start. It's a Democrat state that turned Republican. I know it's hard to pull in a district like this, but overall statewide, what do you say, do you think there's going to be a swing back to the GOP even if it obviously it's almost surely going to go Harris.
Speaker 9: So people want a swing towards the middle. They're eighty percent of us in the moderate middle who are sick of the far right and sick of the far left. And I think whichever party give us a likable, relatable candidate who actually caters towards the moderate middle, as I like to call us. That's the person who's going to be elected.
Speaker 1: And Kamala Harris, I mean, do people here She's a Californian. Obviously she had a record a San Francisco prosecutor. She's running on this prosecuting record, but some people associate her with a lot of the dysfunction up in San Francisco. Are Californians warming to her as one of their own?
Speaker 9: No, because there are daily reminders that she was the chief arc sector of Prop forty seven, which created this nine hundred and fifty dollars limit for petty crime, which allowed us to be soft on all of these criminals. So she has been indelibly associated with Prop forty seven and she can't shake that off.
Speaker 1: And for so when she runs is this sort of hey, I was a tough prosecutor. I was prosecuting transnational crimes and all of that. There's a bit of bs that people don't believe it. They know that she wasn't involved as a district attorney. And really the things that she can be tied to are the ones that have made our daily lives of living hell. Alex Bleckive, thanks so much for it. Thanks for having me fascinating stuff. Also had the chance while I was here to take in some of the sights and sounds of Venice, California. Tell you what, I didn't meet too many Trump supporters, but I had a fair bit of fun. Well, we're here at world famous Muscle Beach here in California. Gonna check out some of the actions, see what's going on. Maybe do a bit of a workout. Keep my RFK Junior happening. Thank you so much. Hey, hello Tashi. If you don't like it, you don't pay Paul. Yeah, thanks so much.
Speaker 10: Hal.
Speaker 1: Now, don't go anywhere because there is still plenty more to come on this special edition of the US Report from Los Angeles. Next after the break, how the city has nosedived under the successive Democratic regimes. Plus, I hit the streets to ask locals who they are supporting next Tuesday, and some of their answers might surprise you. After the break, welcome back to this very special edition of the US Report. Well, California is a progressive Democrat stronghold, and many of the people I've spoken to here in LA have been big time Kamala Harris supporters, even though sometimes they don't even know why I'll go with Kamala. Why do you go to Kamala. She's a woman, and I think that's pretty cool. And I just want something to change, you know, So hopefully it's a little inspirational. Would you have voted for Joe Biden if he was still on the ticket, Yeah, just so. I don't vote for Trump honestly, So it's just a never Trump thing. Yeah, j whiz. But I to tell you what, I was surprised to see that some in the lefty neighborhood of Hollywood are on the mega trade. Have a look at this.
Speaker 11: So the reason why I'm personally voting for Donald Trump is because he's got a business perspective.
Speaker 1: Is business mind.
Speaker 11: I remember when he had gotten elected for president. I remember that the world was almost almost secure. There wasn't any war, there wasn't any too much drama, there wasn't anything big going on. I mean, he had went to North Korea and shook Kim Jong young's hand. I mean, he was friends with Vladimir Putin. I mean there was a lot going on other than that. You know, my vote is for Trump, you know, And when he was here, I just feel like everything was just going smooth. And then when Joe Biden came in the presidency, it just feels like everything kind of messed up a little bit. And now we have war going on here Ukraine, Russia, we have you know, in the Middle East, Palestine and Israel. I mean, it's kind of it's not cool, you know, But I remember when Trump was in office, that thing was just solid, and when COVID was going on, he put money in our pockets to survive.
Speaker 12: I think Trump would really do good for America. He did good when he was president. And as opposed to Kamala it's really it's a no brainer. It's you know, she doesn't know anything about her job, politics or anything. She doesn't know how to talk to people in debates. She's already failed us being vice president. We all know that we pay like triple prices and grocery stores and for rent and yeah.
Speaker 1: So I guess they haven't all lost all their marbles. Los Angeles, though, is known for its bright lights, celebrities and movie stars, but lately it's been a city in the climb, with skyrocketing homelessness, crime, and a cost of living that has locals fed up. One of those locals is California, GOP delegate Roxande Hogue, who I caught up with. She told me how progressive policies are taking Los Angeles backwards. Have a look, so, roxand Hougue, you've lived in LA for decades now, tell us this place has gone from being, you know, this great, wonderful, beautiful city to a place that's frankly fairly city. What's happened in Los Angeles?
Speaker 4: Well, we've had a couple of cycles of CD, not CD, and then CD again, and you can tell quite clearly when it goes wrong and why, and it's correlated with the complete abdication of any responsibility to.
Speaker 5: Run a great city. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: And how much of that? I mean, we see this homeless problem, we see the drug problems around here. Where is all that coming from? Is that a city problem? Is that a state government problem? Is that coming from the film government? What layers of government is causing this dysfunction?
Speaker 4: Well, the real complicating factor is Los Angeles is a county and a city. So the city is about four million and the county is ten million people. Right, one out of every four California lives here in Los Angeles County.
Speaker 5: So it's a.
Speaker 4: It's really a sort of leviathan that is hard to.
Speaker 5: Get your hands around for anyway.
Speaker 4: I'll give them that, But we have been on the fast track to one party only rule for a couple decades now, and the result of that has been rewarding people for bad behavior, not enforcing the law, not allowing law enforcement to enforce the law, and then other states dumping their problems here.
Speaker 1: I want to find out about that. What is it about California and about LA and the policies here that have made it such a magnet for people who have come from around the country. They've been sent here, they've covered their own accord and brought with them all the dysfunction we see around us.
Speaker 5: Well, not every.
Speaker 4: One coming to LA brings well, they do bring dysfunctionals say there's actors, and then I went, we're the most dysfunctional of all, sobscribe to that.
Speaker 1: But I mean just in terms of, like, you know, you've got other cities, other jurisdics, is basically shipping their problems to you.
Speaker 4: Yes, well we'ved democrats, California Democrats have rolled out the welcome map for everyone else's problems. Right, we will give the cell phones and food and shelter and needles to addicts and people who want to live on the street.
Speaker 5: So of course they should they can come here.
Speaker 1: So what is this You know you are with the local Republican party. What is this Measure A that I'm hearing about? Tell me about this. They're going to increase taxes to give more money for that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: Well, Measure A is going to be a continuation, a doubling, and a making permanent of Measure H, which had to do with homelessness. We also had Measure H H. Basically, the Great Gas the mall of government is shoveling huge amounts of money to the homelessness industrial complex. That's NGOs, that's public sector union workers, all who say they're working on homelessness. But when you dig down into the paperwork, the salaries are here and their effectiveness is maybe here.
Speaker 1: Right. But okay, so people see this, You say, the Democrats have been entrenched for years, if not decades. Why do people keep voting for them.
Speaker 5: There's a couple of reasons.
Speaker 4: One is, humans are by and large not lemmings. Is a bad way to say it, but we are very much pack animals. And here where the business of the town is entertainment. You step out of line and they'll cut you off. So they have a stranglehold. And they were helped by Republicans Arnold Schwarzenegger, who today surprising you tell.
Speaker 1: Us about this here, what's happened here today?
Speaker 4: Arnold Schwarzenegger endorsed Kamala Harris, but he's the one who really hut Republicans and other parties off at the knees. Like anyone with the parliamentary system understands multiple parties. And you think America only has a two party system, we actually have more than two. And up until years ago when Prop. Fourteen was endorsed by Arnold and put on the ballot in a primary election, all those parties would take out positions and have candidates the Peace and Freedom, the Socialists, the Republicans, the Democrats, the Libertarians.
Speaker 5: We don't have that anymore in California.
Speaker 4: So they took away the one way we had to elect someone to carry a banner. So we ended up with a lot of elections like the one in which Kamala.
Speaker 5: Harris became Senator, that.
Speaker 4: Were between a Democrat and another Democrat, and so your choice was between you know, the communist and the socialists right.
Speaker 1: And so Kamala Harris comes from that. Then she goes through, she bet bombs out in the twenty twenty primary, she becomes vice president no primary, and now she could very well in a few days time, be the next president of the United States.
Speaker 5: I'm going to bet a dollar against you that she won't.
Speaker 4: But yes, we export not only cultural ideas and tech and all these amazing things from California. We export mediocre midwid politicians who've never come up against a hard question.
Speaker 1: But I mean, that's a big problem now with California, isn't it that all of the productive industries that tech everybody else, they're moving to Texas and moving to Florida, They're moving to other states, and you're gonna be left with these midwits.
Speaker 4: Well, because it's incredibly punitive to start a business here.
Speaker 5: Literally, you and I could pitch a tech right here, spend the night. I mean, my back wouldn't do so well on marble, but no one would bother us. If I decided, you know what, I'm going to open a store across the street. There's a place that's been closed forever. I'm gonna open a store.
Speaker 4: It would be two years before I could get the doors open. I would spend hundreds of thousands of dollars. They would come after me with employment rules out the wazoo environmental regulation. And they've set up a two tier system here where those who are below there's above belawn below the law and.
Speaker 5: A as a taxi.
Speaker 1: It's a two tier justice system. Yeah, yeah, and I mean just all that, you know, everywhere we go here, I'm spelling it right now. I gotta say it stinks of weed, like to the point where I'm kind of feeling like, you know, ordering a pizza right now, I'm kind of getting the munchies. I mean, tell us about you know, is this another part of the problem here? Everyone stoned all the time.
Speaker 5: Everyone.
Speaker 4: There's the warning to anyone considering legalizing recreational marimuna, don't. It is the gateway to this incredible CD disgusting, just lack of civilization.
Speaker 5: And I say that as someone from.
Speaker 4: Jamaica, right this has not been a boon to California or to Los Angeles in any way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean, look, we've got politicians in Australia who are flirting with that. I hope you're watching right now, some of these guys, because it's it's a horrendous thing. I've seen it in American cities, you know, everywhere. What about to the effects of illegal migration. How big a deal is that here in La.
Speaker 4: Well, that's the other second tier that doesn't have to follow the rules.
Speaker 5: Right. So again, if we were to try.
Speaker 4: And open a restaurant, incredibly onerous regulation. If I come wheeling a grocery cart with a bunch of raw chicken and just start cooking it right here on this sidewalk where you smell weed and somebody defecated recently.
Speaker 1: Very appetizer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look a bacon wrap to hont dog. It smells good no matter where you are, you think it's been.
Speaker 4: But they they've allowed that to happen unfettered. And the original sin, the you know, the fruit of the poison tree, is that our voter rolls are a disaster because we we California Democrats gave driver's licenses with no vetting whatsoever to people with no paperwork, and then sent every one of those people on the DMV roles.
Speaker 1: About so like, do you think you know? People say it's a conspiracy, but do you think you know, maybe some of these people. They get the form and they say, oh, I'm supposed to fill it out, and they do, and you know, maybe they wind up red storting you. Maybe they wind up voting.
Speaker 5: Well, they register for you, they register for you.
Speaker 4: Tom Fitton and Judicial Watch and Rick Renell were involved in a lawsuit that ended up wiping a million voters off of Los Angeles's own voter roles. But bigger than that, I'm not really a whiner. People have to get out and vote.
Speaker 10: Like.
Speaker 4: We can't complain about cheating when there is if we don't actually turn out. And the problem is common sense. Californias have been demoralized so that they think, well, my vote doesn't matter, so then they just don't vote.
Speaker 1: That's not that's how you have the one party state. Rock said, Hug will leave it there. Thank you so much for your time on the US Report.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Now, don't go anywhere because after the break we'll go back to school and meet the young Jewish UCLA student who was kept from getting to class by pro Palestine lunatics and fought back. But first, hey, did anyone notice anything strange about the White House Halloween event this week? Look, I'm not even talking about the weirdness of Joe Biden eating a baby, that's pretty much par for the course for that guy. No, instead, I'm talking about Jill Biden's costume. Have a look at what the first lady came dressed as a panda bear. How interesting? What a very interesting choice, to say the least, especially because China, the Communist People's Republic of China, claims ownership of every single panda in the world. Call me crazy, but there's some pretty interesting symbolism happening right there. Now, after the break, we go to UCLA and the fight back against the jew haters. Next, welcome back to this very special US report from California. Well, the US is sadly similar to Australia in that it's got a big problem with anti Jewish and anti Western propaganda masquerading as pro Palestine activism. I had the chance to catch up with Eli sivis an impressive young man who's fighting back here on the campus of UCLA. Right now, it looks like it's a beautiful, normal college campus, people going to school, people coming to and from class. But six months ago where we are right now, these lawns were a hotbed of hate and anti Semitism, university encampments, pro Palestine, anti Israel. We all saw the footage. Eli Sivis. You had a direct encounter with these protests. Tell us about what it was like when you were here as a student and some of the incidents had happened when you tried to do simple things like get the class.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so the encampments was a shot fucking experience here at UCLA. There were campus happening all over the country. U say, it was one of the last encampments that actually spawned Columbia. I believe was first two weeks before I knew the encammon was going to happen. I knew because you know, it was going big college campus to college campus. And when it erupted at UCLA, when it was erected, shall we say, I called my friends and I said, you know, let's go counter protest, but they all said, no, we shouldn't. It's dangerous, it's not safe.
Speaker 1: Were the people doing the ecameron were they students or were they from outside the campus?
Speaker 13: Both The people that started the encammen towards the beginning, the people that were actually here were mainly man this area right here it started. It was small at first, this area and that grass field then Cameron at first was very It wasn't large at all. Anyone could pretty much hop in and hop out.
Speaker 5: They didn't have big barricades.
Speaker 13: So when I went there, I actually stood right up there by that fountain held an Israeli flag facing this area.
Speaker 1: Free speech, right, counter protest, free speech. What was the reaction to that?
Speaker 13: The reaction was, there was a person who claimed to be a professor who was standing up there with me, and she started arguing with them. We later found out she was not a professor.
Speaker 1: I know, what a surprise.
Speaker 13: She was a TA but claimed to be a professor, started arguing with me, and she lost.
Speaker 5: How can I.
Speaker 13: Say I.
Speaker 1: Schooled?
Speaker 13: During the argument, she became hysterical, started crying, and that was viral. That went viral. News channel started picking it up headlines ucla student school's professor.
Speaker 10: But that wasn't the only instant, No, that was the first and not the biggest in you were also you were also blocked from entering one of the buildings here on campus just because you're a student who believes something different to the whole Palestine narrative.
Speaker 13: Absolutely so, then Cambon started on Thursday. It went on until the next week Wednesday. On Monday, they pretty much stretched out one hundred meters that way and one hundred meters that way.
Speaker 1: And the university doing nothing about this.
Speaker 13: They did not do anything productive about it. They put up metal barricades to force the encampment to not expand. All the students that are participating inside of the camp they just lifted the metal barricades and expanded themselves. In fact, I would say the metal barricades were part of the problem and made it more difficult for when the police came to.
Speaker 5: Remove the encampment.
Speaker 13: Nevertheless, that being said, I was over there and I was walking to class.
Speaker 5: It was my normal.
Speaker 13: Path to class that I take every single day, and this time I see they expanded, and they're there with their vests and with their cafeas wrapping their faith, concealing their identity.
Speaker 1: It's a little ironic, I gotta say, you know, given what the normal line of protest is about Israel, that they're expanding their territories like.
Speaker 5: It's definitely ironic.
Speaker 13: It's definitely ironic. They claim that, you know, the Zionist movement is a movement of colonialization. When they don't realize that it's the biggest story in the greatest story of decolonization, of course, But I mean you, but.
Speaker 1: You're stopped from going into a building, even though you're a student. You have id just because what because you're because I'm a Jew, because you're pro I'm a Jew and I'm a zion submit the.
Speaker 13: Clearest form of anti Semitism that you could see. In fact, we can directly correlate that moment to what Jews experienced in nineteen thirty three when they were blocked out not by the law but by Hitler youth who took it into their own hands to block out Jewish students from universities.
Speaker 5: And look what happened.
Speaker 1: But here's what I don't get eli. This university, all the universities, every university I know in the United States. They are crazy about the microaggressions. They're crazy about discrimination. You know, if you say anything wrong about somebody, even in the slightest sort of way of any other minority, they come down on you like a ton of bricks. Where were they for you?
Speaker 9: They weren't.
Speaker 1: That's the thing.
Speaker 13: Imagine if a bunch of people came to campus wearing white cones on their heads.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they wouldn't even make it onto campus.
Speaker 13: They would have been immediately arrested and sent off, even though theoretically they would have the right to be here because freedom of speech. But the fact that the fact that you have SVP that comes onto campus and says the horrific that's the Students for Justice for Palistin says the horrific, horrific garbage that comes out of their mouth about Jews and Zionists and about Israel, and the fact that they're not only not only do they get away with it, but they are applauded by faculty.
Speaker 1: So what are the facts we like in class? Did you get blowback in class? What happened?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 5: Class?
Speaker 1: I mean, you're paying for this education, the California taxpayers paying for your education. What are they? What are you getting in class? All this stuff?
Speaker 13: Personally, I have yet to encounter backlash from my own teachers and TA even though I'm very outwardly Jewish, people know who I am around campus. I wear my mugging Dey necklace, I wear.
Speaker 5: My jacket, my shoes.
Speaker 13: But I know many many of my friends have experienced horrific accounts of anti sevenis inside the classroom teachers discriminating them, and of course the TA will pretend like, oh no, no, I'm giving you a back agree because your essay was written poorly. But we all know that DTA is registered with Students Justice for Palestine.
Speaker 5: It's not hard to make that correlation.
Speaker 1: And so I mean, just you know, on this whole thing too, because there's this whole decolonized movement you hear about, and it feels to me like this really isn't just about you know, Jewish people and ISRAELI feels like it's really about Western civilization. It feels like the bigger fight here is you know, you go against Judaism, you're actually going against this whole Western set of ideals, so many which came from that sort of Judaic history of Judeo Christian heritage. Is that part of Do you think the anti broader, anti Western sentiment on campus this anti Zionist? Absolutely?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 13: I mean, this country, America was built on Judeo Christian values, right, we know this. And we've noticed that SJP and a lot of these I don't even like to call them pro Palestine because they want they're not the pro Hamas is what they really are. These pro Hamas protesters want to see the destruction and civilizations, I.
Speaker 5: Mean to advocate it.
Speaker 13: They call the US government the devil, which is ironic because if anything, it would be the Biden administration that is the most for having a two state solution and encouraging peace with these people. But these people don't care.
Speaker 5: What didn't care at all?
Speaker 1: So what do you hope to get the election coming up? What are you hopes for the election?
Speaker 13: I mean, my hope is that you know, whoever is elected will continue being a strong ally towards Israel. I think America and Israel are you know, inseparable? Is America's strongest ally in the Middle East, America's Isral's strongest ally in general. I just hope that whoever is elected remembers that and doesn't forget.
Speaker 1: Don't go anywhere. Only in America is next. But first, gosh tell you what, some people aren't taking very kindly to Donald Trump riding around that garbage truck like this lady remember her ah, Only in America's next. Welcome back to the program. And now it's time for a very special Only in America. All right, Look, the race is tight and anybody could win this thing. But if the Harris campaign wins, I don't reckon it'll be with any help from these guys. You've heard of white dudes for Harris. Well, meet loud white men for Harris. Hey, guys, it's Billy.
Speaker 6: I am back on the street with the one and only Will Ferrell, and we are out here today to represent a very important voting demographic.
Speaker 1: Loud white men for Kamala Harris. Are you ready?
Speaker 6: Well, sir, we're loud White men for Kamala joined the call.
Speaker 1: Join the call. Tell ye, I'm in who voting for Kamala Harris? Have you voted yet? Meil and Dollar are oh? Ballad?
Speaker 6: Miss for a dollar? Would you have sex with a Trump voter?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 6: Thank you, sir. We're loud whe Men for Kamala joined the call.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, support Kamala.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's not that loud, but louder, Oh, louder, Yes, I support Kamala.
Speaker 1: Louder, Hi support kamalaud.
Speaker 6: Mister, did you hear I Kamala whin She's gonna make buddy the elf Secretary of Christmas.
Speaker 1: That would be phenomenal.
Speaker 6: Would you have sex with a Trump voter?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you, sir. Loud white men for Kamala joined.
Speaker 1: The call, go cama y, yes.
Speaker 6: For a dollar, for a dollar, for for a dollar.
Speaker 1: Who are you voting for?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 1: Tell you you know what. I'm not screaming. Let's save that for next week. Have a great weekend, big week coming up. Bye bye,