Speaker 1: Good morning, Melbourne, Way, Melbourn.
Speaker 2: Jason, Lauren, start your morning the right away.
Speaker 3: Can be great, gonna be a good day.
Speaker 4: This is Jason Lauren. No, you're one hundred. Well, good morning, everybody. Happen Ferada evening thirty three?
Speaker 5: Might be something in this whole global warming?
Speaker 4: After all, what are we November? Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, this is great. I've loved I've loved this spring so far.
Speaker 5: I'm not ready for the forties.
Speaker 3: You're not ready for the thirties. You wear shorts when it's eighteen degrees, that is true. You're not really even prepared for the twenties, that.
Speaker 4: Is true, Lauren. Hey, we're a big show today. A lot of people out there want to go to Blue as well.
Speaker 3: A lot of people want to go to bluees World, and we are giving you a chance to win a trip on us. Now, you've got to jump on our socials, upload video taggers, show us how much you and your family love Blue and you could be off to Brisbane. Dress up as Bluey. Maybe send us the video.
Speaker 5: Say hi to Los Clinton I in the video.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just we want to find Melbourne's biggest Blue fans and we want to send you to Brisbane. To check out Blue as well with ram Bam.
Speaker 4: I love that one.
Speaker 2: You're only yeah, well that's a long run though, Yeah, it.
Speaker 5: Is a long run.
Speaker 4: That's longer than we've had.
Speaker 3: Here lay miss God, empty chairs and empty tables. Here we go, my friends and rare. Actually speaking of LAMI is my sister in law, sort of Paul's sister. Art center text. She lives in Western Australia. She said, coming to Melbourne for lame miss in marching to Melbourne. Currently, I sent you last night, Lauren. I sent it to you too.
Speaker 5: Sorry.
Speaker 4: My wife's legs were working last night and I was doing everything, so she doesn't have your phone.
Speaker 3: No, no, it was I sent you on Instagram DM of the kid that said apparently I've never been on live television. Ten years later a year anniversary.
Speaker 2: In ten years, he's.
Speaker 4: All grown up.
Speaker 3: Look, I don't know how long ago that video was from. It could even be longer, might be.
Speaker 4: The ten year of the ten years start this.
Speaker 3: No, if you listen to the show a lot, I say, apparently, really cute kid that went viral on on the news many years ago asked him a question and he said, well, apparently I've never been on live television before.
Speaker 4: I don't think anyone would be biting Charlie's finger anymore either.
Speaker 3: Charlie bit my finger. Yeah, I love those little viral I know.
Speaker 5: But like Clint said, I mean that, you know he's probably doing time now.
Speaker 3: I don't say that, you don't know that.
Speaker 2: What's happening right now in Washington d c Oh my god, sleepy Joe the don into his house. Sorry, like what, well, no, that's what they do. It's tradition, right, but it's a tradition not afforded to Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: And when he Trump, Donald Trump didn't invite Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: All the ship that they've hurled at each other over the last however long.
Speaker 4: They're best of friends, friends tending to be just more respectful than if you didn't like someone you had to invite them around.
Speaker 5: For a coffee.
Speaker 4: Remember us bumping into the old execs at the Radio Awards recently.
Speaker 2: Exactly it wasn't our house, no I know.
Speaker 3: But one looked at me and turned and walked in the opposite all right.
Speaker 5: The sea.
Speaker 4: I tried to sneak past me and no, no, no, it's funny.
Speaker 3: Dale, remember me.
Speaker 4: Delightful to me?
Speaker 3: None of them spoke to me, not one of them to fulfill the consultant.
Speaker 4: Hello, Phil, we got money to go this morning. He doesn't need it. This morning your chance to win five fouls and dollars up for grabs.
Speaker 5: Also, we're going to be in the tree.
Speaker 4: There's a mood to the show today, Isn't it a bit of a cheeky one.
Speaker 2: You should have thrown a sput at them, throwing a potato.
Speaker 5: No way, the potatoes was so good. There's no way we're wasting No oh god, no oh no, yeah.
Speaker 4: Alright, ho into Tim Blackwell's food as well. Did you naughty? Had to leave early and I was like, hello, second.
Speaker 3: Meal the Radio Awards. Yeah, you ate two dinners?
Speaker 5: Did you not two full dinners?
Speaker 4: I just pecked?
Speaker 3: No, you pecked or picked a bit of both? Did you eat it like you're in a bird bar?
Speaker 4: Coming up next we do we get celebrity slumber party.
Speaker 5: You want to win money?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Who were waking up in bed with this morning?
Speaker 4: Thurday twenty four to ten to play. You're on the air with Jase and Lauren. Hey, the Popo are walking out today.
Speaker 3: Apparently apparently on strike. You want more money and you know what I say, pay them more money.
Speaker 6: Between twenty four pay them twenty four percent money given what they want exactly.
Speaker 3: Put their bodies on the line every day to keep the strike. What from which of your nineteen jobs are going to go on strike from? Make it channel nine? Not here.
Speaker 5: I don't think that'll affect my life, but the cops will. We're going to be.
Speaker 3: No, you can't strike here because you pick me up a coffee anymore.
Speaker 4: What I love is like, it's not we'll miss out on the news or the sport. I don't oma or your banter coffee.
Speaker 5: I will go without my lat tape.
Speaker 3: I'll miss your sense of human too.
Speaker 4: But mostly the good news is Clint staying on the air. No strike for him, but the cops are.
Speaker 3: We will be who we are arguing with to get the money. Yeah, just come on center stop?
Speaker 4: What did we the hand bag center?
Speaker 3: The Commonwealth game? Oh? Probably another stat wasted it there? Didn't we to the police? Give it to the paramedics.
Speaker 4: Okay, We're going to chat more about that after seven this morning.
Speaker 3: First though, only sharing the designer bitch it's creative? Are you customizable collection?
Speaker 4: Create your dream?
Speaker 3: That's the less we're twenty percent of all customizable furniture, bit.
Speaker 6: Chips, Jason Lawrence, Ultimate Celebs lumber Party.
Speaker 3: Thanks to be.
Speaker 4: Would the government be the ones that paid for those silly little lights in the tunnel?
Speaker 3: The speed stripes just remind you how slow you're driving.
Speaker 4: It's all private it is there. Well, you know what, between now and seven o'clock, I'll do a list of the places we've wasted the money and could have given it to the cops. Yeah, all right, if you can get to the celeb we're in bed with, and then you are walking out of here with free money, We've got five hundred bucks to go.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Doraen Just Ciner.
Speaker 4: Good morning, sister Cintrel.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I wasn't going that you just since I was younger premium Actually is this just I was.
Speaker 4: A little bit confused, and I was a little bit concerned. Are you giving your money to the.
Speaker 3: Cops if you're a nurse and you deserve more? Man too?
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: So let's try and win your some sis. All right, you have to guess who are we in bed with this morning. We've got some clues here.
Speaker 4: Good luck if you can do it. Five of the bucks is yours and you go on the running for the Ultimate Bedroom Makeover worth over seven and a half grand.
Speaker 5: Here we go Clue number one.
Speaker 3: I wake up in bed each morning with my nine Grammys and two oscars.
Speaker 6: They've got nine grammys quick, I'm okay, I'm yeah.
Speaker 4: Yes, Nicole Kidman. I don't know.
Speaker 3: She doesn't have nine grammys.
Speaker 2: Bad, Yes, she might have nine.
Speaker 4: She sung with in Australia.
Speaker 3: She did the duet in the car with Keith what If I fault? What a promise?
Speaker 4: On song?
Speaker 5: I was about to sing a whole New World, but that was one rouge.
Speaker 3: There were many songs anyway, it's not Nicole Kidman. Sorry, just since.
Speaker 5: Thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 3: Moving on, Michael from Cranburn Morning Go, We're good Clean Number two. I'm currently on tour, so I'll be sleeping in multiple hotel beds.
Speaker 4: These are tough, Hey, Michael, it's a woman, the woman.
Speaker 3: Nine grammys not too sore.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, give me another cloth.
Speaker 3: I watched my documentary before I go to sleep every night, a documentary. She's got nine grammys?
Speaker 4: Did she watch every night?
Speaker 5: Sorry, Michael?
Speaker 4: Not beyond Let's go to I wouldn't amy any other we're got another cloff Raimes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hello, hello, amyo, okay this person, let's in bed with us?
Speaker 4: When yeah, you got it?
Speaker 5: Fire in the box is yours?
Speaker 4: I wanted?
Speaker 2: Did you get that?
Speaker 7: That was amazing?
Speaker 3: So much well done.
Speaker 5: That was a bloody miracle.
Speaker 4: Fire in the bucks and you are on the running for the ultimate bedroom make over. You can unleash you in the designer with bedshirts created by you custom collection create your dream bed for less than twenty percent of all customizable furniture add bedship.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't that be nice bedroom setting?
Speaker 4: I'm here in you hey, Amy, take it easier.
Speaker 8: Right, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Have a good day.
Speaker 5: I was ropeable last night.
Speaker 3: Oh something difficuble?
Speaker 4: Why my wife was eating chips in bed? Chips chips? Yeah, oh that's all right.
Speaker 5: What's wrong with that?
Speaker 4: It's a very crummy food for bed.
Speaker 3: It's also a real that's a real hotel stay kind.
Speaker 4: Of that really is like the Pringles line on No, I did not get me car to sure?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 3: What time was she eating chips in bed?
Speaker 5: Quite late?
Speaker 3: Dinner? Chips after dinner, little snack after dinner. Chips is not what I'd go for after dinner.
Speaker 2: You're trying to get to sleep with that crunching as well, not even the crunching, you know, like cinemon when they're opening the packet.
Speaker 3: Was she watching a movie or something?
Speaker 4: Do you think?
Speaker 3: Was she lying in bed in the dark?
Speaker 4: It was a real Was she in the dark? Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, she was watching TV and.
Speaker 3: TV was keeping imagining pitch black? Darker?
Speaker 4: No, no, TV, loud and bright?
Speaker 5: Lauren the chippack a rush time. It would have been nine thirty.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's all right. Let her live. Good on your Louis.
Speaker 4: I'm about to celebrate my What am I now? Forty two? Forty second verse?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, you are too.
Speaker 6: It feels like you just need to forget how old are I've been rolling with thirty six for a while.
Speaker 4: I love it when the paper said you're forty one. I'm not.
Speaker 3: No, they say I'm forty two. I do that, so, John Fair, I'm not forty two.
Speaker 2: But which means I've been driving for what if you get your license, I'm not good at mass eighteen.
Speaker 4: Twenty something is twenty.
Speaker 3: Two over longer than you haven't had it? Yeah, you could, because I've been driving more than half your life.
Speaker 4: More so in that time.
Speaker 2: I should have I should have. Well, it's not the driving I think. I mean there are some issues with my driving.
Speaker 3: Yes, Well, the issue is that you think your Formula one driver.
Speaker 5: And you's a better driver out of Clinton.
Speaker 3: Now I wouldn't get in the car with you, so I don't know. I don't know. I don't go When have I been in your passenger seat once?
Speaker 5: Remember we went through the drive through.
Speaker 4: It was very awkward having someone in your car through a drive through because I'm eating on the road.
Speaker 3: You both go in for the chip.
Speaker 5: Can you hold my source while I dip and drive like.
Speaker 3: It's I was pre dunking for relationship.
Speaker 4: Ship level and that drive through is very tight.
Speaker 5: Richmond ma is, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: But Clint, I got whiplash last time I was in the car with.
Speaker 4: Clint because it's very low, isn't it low?
Speaker 3: And you kind of accelerate and brain.
Speaker 2: We'll forget about my driving. Yep, it ain't that at the moment. My issue is it's a reoccurring issue. Yesterday I was I left to you because I had to go to a very very important meeting not.
Speaker 3: Far from here a V I m.
Speaker 4: Yes, just in Aurbert Park in fact.
Speaker 3: The VIP was at the v I M.
Speaker 5: It's a VPN.
Speaker 4: That's the Virtual Private network visible panty lion. Oh that one, that's a VP L VPL.
Speaker 3: The VPN has got a computer anyway, I wouldn't know what a VPL was.
Speaker 4: For a minute.
Speaker 3: Very mindful of a VP. Put your panties to put your panties aside. He was it. I started the first place. He had a v I M. Very important meeting with a vi P. With a vi P.
Speaker 4: What's that smell? Just sort of smelt.
Speaker 2: Wrong in the Yeah, it wasn't a tirey smell. It was just a car smell. Right, breaks burning and that.
Speaker 4: Wasn't the break.
Speaker 2: That's a problem, But it's it's something that I sort of smelt before.
Speaker 4: What is it? What is it?
Speaker 2: I'm putting up the road?
Speaker 3: And then what road were you on? Not again a busy road?
Speaker 5: You do not deserve your license.
Speaker 3: Did you run out of petrol again in a sports car.
Speaker 2: In the driveway of the petrol station?
Speaker 3: Did your car stop in the driveway.
Speaker 4: I've never ever met anyone that has ignored the fuel light until their car is broken down, And you've done this.
Speaker 2: There was no fuelight because the fuel light had been exhausted, so there's just no light at all. It was like, you're out of petrol.
Speaker 4: Bad luck. So did when you've got a fuel light?
Speaker 5: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: And as the driver, of course, that's right, you're telling the environment.
Speaker 3: Well, in fact, Elon Musk is in the White House now, so the Tesla drivers of the world are moving up.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, moving up.
Speaker 3: So I don't know about the fuel line.
Speaker 4: So mine has a percentage.
Speaker 2: So you're like, you can always got longer than that, exactly, Well, that's yeah, that's what I think. But when it ticks down, it just goes the light. And then once the light goes off. Yeah, you just got to know you've got no reference.
Speaker 3: Do you know how the fuel light works? Did you have to get a jerry can or.
Speaker 2: I'm in the driveway the petrol station. Nice nicest part the little operator.
Speaker 4: Does the thing reach the host? Absolutely not. We're on the road.
Speaker 2: We're on the on the road, creeping up the driveway. No, no, no, I'm not. I'm not telling you. It's in Alburt Park.
Speaker 4: And I say, can I borrow? Can I borrow a Jerry Keggs? The fuels right there?
Speaker 3: Oh my cleans.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, and by one, yeah, twenty two dollars. Haven't you got one in the boom from la You know what?
Speaker 2: I cleaned it out. I cleaned out the jerry CAGs. I was helping my sister move some stuff. So the jerry Can is jerry Can is in the shed out the back. You must have a lot of jerry Can jerry.
Speaker 3: Can off then driving.
Speaker 4: I drove in.
Speaker 5: I would have went to a difference.
Speaker 2: But you know what she said, she goes, don't worry. It happens all the time.
Speaker 3: It doesn't, doesn't She's lying?
Speaker 4: Can we find I want the security?
Speaker 3: Did you try and stretch the hose? You're never going to read? She's squirting petrol everywhere like in.
Speaker 4: Very stressed and distracted.
Speaker 3: Did you make your v I N?
Speaker 4: I did make my your VP VI P?
Speaker 3: Were you late?
Speaker 4: Yeah? My VPL in a knot to.
Speaker 5: The song in an Should we head to the White House?
Speaker 4: Let's America Trump. Trumpy went to visit Sleepy Joe. They had a little meeting.
Speaker 3: And that's sort of tradition, isn't it.
Speaker 5: The favorites? It was.
Speaker 4: It was tradition.
Speaker 2: But you'll recall Trumpy was too busy instructing his people to storm the Capitol.
Speaker 4: Four years back.
Speaker 3: So Joe didn't get hasn't.
Speaker 4: Afforded that opportunity. But apparently, apparently apparently they leave it. The outgoing president president leaves a note in the desk of the Oval Yeah, oh, the Obama's left one for Trump. He wrote it the morning of the inauguration, left it on the Oval office desk, pushing him the best. Great said we're ready to serve if you need us, and.
Speaker 3: Walk down Great So Donald, So Donald Trump didn't do that for Joe Bard.
Speaker 5: No note, not.
Speaker 2: Even to post it, not no, nothing, not to post it. Wow, what's happening at the White House where he's unveiling his cabinet?
Speaker 4: Elon Musk So it is part of the cabinet. And there's a Fox News reporter who is now going to be what's his title?
Speaker 2: His name is Pete heg Seth right, been entrusted with defense? Is the Defense secretary?
Speaker 4: Now, don't give me job. He's been working on Fox News reporter.
Speaker 5: I love him.
Speaker 4: But you imagine Peter in charge of our defense, like that's a concern.
Speaker 3: He wants world peace, so we'd be going he does, yes, do we send in the text, what's e Long Musk doing in there?
Speaker 4: He's in charge of government waste or a.
Speaker 3: Cool title hitting up the Department of Government Efficiency.
Speaker 2: Does that means that's code for let's sack a whole heap of people.
Speaker 4: Let's just clean up the drain the swamp.
Speaker 2: As Donald Trump says, Elon Musk is a peculiar individual. He flies the flag for your automobile company.
Speaker 6: Yes, it was sort of the pioneer of question when it said he's going to be in charge of waste.
Speaker 5: I thought that meant garbage.
Speaker 3: I glorified.
Speaker 4: I was like, really, he's going to be running like the garbage network.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't really get The titles are interesting on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some people out there have very flashy job titles.
Speaker 3: Well, Department of Government Efficiency. That sounds quite important.
Speaker 4: It does sound important, doesn't it.
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 4: Oh, idea, can we play give us the job title and we'll guess what you do. Thirteen twenty four ten is our number?
Speaker 3: Do you have a flashy title on a bit? People still have business cards. Someone said to me the other day, here, do you want my business card? And I was like, a people still doing that? I knew it and then he showed me a QR code on his phone that I scanned, and all of a sudden, it was a digital business card that just uploaded. No, listen to this, It uploaded on my phone. All the contacts went in. And this is like two years ago. And every year I get a reminder of this guy's birthday that I've met one know, it's gone into my kel.
Speaker 4: What sort of old school person would still be using business cards? Jay, I don't know any ideas clean.
Speaker 3: You've got one, don't you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I've got one. I've got a box of them. I think I've got two boxes.
Speaker 3: You hand them out very often.
Speaker 4: They sit on my desk.
Speaker 3: Well, what would that? You meant to take them to lunches and functions.
Speaker 4: I've seen a few troughs in bars around, like toilet bars. I used to have a business card wallet that you take around.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that meant serious business. You're a serious businessman?
Speaker 8: Did it?
Speaker 3: Flip open? Just still have a fat a magnetic top little envelope?
Speaker 4: Is there a fact number on that would be probably is our number? Do you have a flashy job title? Give us a ring. We'll read out your job title and then we'll try and guess what you actually do for a living. In return, I got two hundred and fifty dollars Holding Molly and gift cards up for grabs Holding Molly Funhouse now open on the Little Burke Street. Search Holding Molly Funhouse for more information. We will guess what you do from your job title. Next on over five to seven with money to go. That's we're going to be doing novas. Shake the tree after seven o'clock when you hear the the jingle of the tree.
Speaker 3: When you hit Santa sleigh bells and slave bel that's We're a bit early for Christmas though, so I understand the confusion. But when you hear Santa's sleigh bells, give us a ring or be shaking the tree and whatever amount is written on the ball ball, you shall win.
Speaker 2: My sister was booking her kids in for Santa photos. That's called chadst booked books, shut up, can't get in the same were the same?
Speaker 3: Stop them out November and they started already or do they start booking? Remember?
Speaker 4: I think they soon, but it's fully booked out because chad'st into a really cool thing where for kids who have sensory issues, Yes, which is one of our boys. They open up a half an hour before the actual shops open. Santa's there early so you can go in with the crowd.
Speaker 5: There's no crowd, no noise or anything.
Speaker 4: Sorry, good Blake, santra is grape Blake, grape Blake.
Speaker 5: That's over time.
Speaker 3: Santa's doing extra hours. I love that thoughtful we're.
Speaker 4: Given and her extra money here. But we look after the cops too, and we're going to dive into that.
Speaker 2: After seven fancy job titles, I've got one.
Speaker 4: Maids sent me in.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Executive concierge. She's known as.
Speaker 4: She works front desk at a hotel. She's an AH. She's like an e A to the managing director.
Speaker 3: Does that mean that when he wants a restaurant booking? He? I love.
Speaker 2: She looks after the stationary cupboard, all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: That's an office manager.
Speaker 4: She's an executive.
Speaker 3: She likes she likes it. Loves the title.
Speaker 4: Jobs like the title. Yeah, loves it.
Speaker 5: I love a stationary cupboard, so I.
Speaker 4: Channel it's got a good one. Do they It's like a mini office and it's never locked.
Speaker 3: Chris the stationary cupboard here, because.
Speaker 4: I get always locked broken.
Speaker 3: Again every morning in Danger, I could get a fresh.
Speaker 5: Viv on reception. You'd swear it's her dollars.
Speaker 3: Her name is not Viv, it is every day So see Viv I know, and her name's Vicky Vicky. We've been here for seven months, eight nine months?
Speaker 5: Why does she waved when I say by Viv?
Speaker 3: Well, why do you say viv all the time?
Speaker 2: Because viviyes.
Speaker 3: Producer Brody v Vicky, so he calls her vv. That's all I got a viv VV.
Speaker 5: Or maybe I'm the only one that knows what it is.
Speaker 3: Anyway, what's her job title? Are you talking about? Viv?
Speaker 4: She's boss lady around here.
Speaker 3: Boss lady. That's her title? All right? Chris from one Turner, Good morning here you going were good? Chris? Now, what is your job title? And we're going to see if we can guess what you actually do?
Speaker 9: Okay, my job title is an automotive refinishing technician.
Speaker 2: Carkleaner, mechanic, taylor mechanic or painter.
Speaker 5: He paints a case.
Speaker 3: Yes, are you spray them?
Speaker 4: Because he's the finisher?
Speaker 3: Say it again, Chris, what's your job title?
Speaker 1: An automotive refinishing technician?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Do you like that? Title.
Speaker 10: Not really, I'm just a spray plainer.
Speaker 3: Oh no, you're not. You're an automotive order automotive finish's a finisher, furishing technician. I'm finishing technician.
Speaker 2: Twenty fourteen is our number, tere Hello, good morning, Hello, good morning. What's your fancy job title. We'll try and guess the job.
Speaker 3: Okay, Lifestyle and programer, lifestyle coordinating, school holiday program leader. You guys have a.
Speaker 5: Guess lifestyle coordinator.
Speaker 4: You work in a retirement village, very.
Speaker 3: Close aged cash. Say the title again, that's bad.
Speaker 9: Co ordinator, program manager, so basically enduring that bingo play.
Speaker 3: Yes, resid yeah, yeah, don't let bingo fall through the d and book the minibus.
Speaker 2: My name loves the minibus.
Speaker 4: Loves the minibuses.
Speaker 3: Cafes doing aerobics. Check in chair aerobics. Oh yeah, in the chair you wiggle your toes and things. I don't know you do this arms up?
Speaker 4: Is this your mum?
Speaker 3: She's ninety three, not lives Liz isn't doing in chair?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I've seen lives on some nights that she can't get out.
Speaker 3: Of a check to birthday tomorrow, Actually, happy birthday. Please remind me in the morning.
Speaker 5: Let's go to mix and help they make what's your job titled?
Speaker 4: I'm a spiritualist and a community liaison.
Speaker 3: A spiritualist and okay, I think I think that you work in spruce community, in the inner in a park somewhere.
Speaker 4: Your priest, your gardener, spiritualist.
Speaker 3: Are you a are you a healer?
Speaker 11: Are you somewhat? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Do you even do it with the tarot carts down at Morti Markets?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Psychic?
Speaker 5: No, what are you?
Speaker 4: I'm a head distiller, dispiritualist.
Speaker 3: Like you distilled spirits in alcohol as in ghosts our sort of religious spiritualists and a what com What does that mean?
Speaker 4: You do?
Speaker 3: Free samples of vodka for people on the street.
Speaker 4: A big day today, Clint. Here in Victoria police are walking off the job.
Speaker 2: It's going to impact the police Academy in Glen Wave and also the broad Meadows Police station. It's an escalation of the industrial action the Police Association and police.
Speaker 4: Officers are taking.
Speaker 2: They're looking for a pay rise, a substantial pay rise.
Speaker 4: In some instances, whether they were twenty four you and a how's you're always going with a high number and met halfway.
Speaker 3: Give it to them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I think it was an offer on the table not so long back of sixteen percent. Right, it's that and also the work day, reducing the work day to an eight and a half hour shift all.
Speaker 3: Of our emergency services to preserve more money.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I mean you drop an emergency service vehicle here in Melbourne and the riding all over the police cars.
Speaker 3: They work bloody hard.
Speaker 5: Also behind every police officer is a family at home.
Speaker 3: Exactly right. We're talking about this the other day, Jays. Every time a police officer goes to work, really, they're putting themselves out there to protect other people. And I can't even imagine what that is like having a partner go and do that kind of work. Or it's the same with the army. It's the same with all of those careers. It's must it must be hard for the families at home. You'd be stressed every time they're at work.
Speaker 5: Well, Nikki will be able to shed some light on it.
Speaker 4: Her husband is a police officer and a specialist police.
Speaker 11: Morning, NICKI, how are you morning, Jason, Lauren, thank you so much for having me on.
Speaker 4: No worries so well.
Speaker 3: We hear about this industrial action quite often as a family member of someone who works in the force. How does this stuff affect you?
Speaker 11: Yeah, so you know, in summary, really we've been together for eleven years, and so we've been together throughout his time in the academy and now where he's at at the specialist Unit, and each stage of his career came with it thrown difficulties and strains on our lives, and particularly for the past two years where he's been at the moment, I mean, we have a two year old. I work in the legal industry. It's you know, it's a busy time for everyone, but this job, at his job means that he's almost always at work on call or at overtime. And there's been countless times where he's been called out during the night times where he's how to rest day but was called out, and you know that can happen three times a day. And I've also countless text messages from him saying, you know that he was about to come home, but then he's a job's come up and he's no longer and be able to come home, and he doesn't know when he'll come home. So it really makes it difficult, especially when you've got a young family and you're trying to work yourself as well.
Speaker 2: Thanky, that's the that's the physical toll as well. What about the emotional toll that it takes on you personally? What's it like having a husband serve in such a high pressure and high risk role.
Speaker 11: M It's it's incredibly difficult. I won't lie if you know. They particularly in his job at the moment, he's in the self shut of the unit, so they respond to really high conflict jobs and incredibly hostile situations and they do that every day and you don't really see it, and then you you don't hear about it, and it's hard because the conditions of the job and the pay it just it just doesn't meet the standard and it's not sustainable probably long term for us if he doesn't receive a pay rise unfortunately.
Speaker 5: Which is a shame because he's obviously doing it because he loves it.
Speaker 3: Loves it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I absolutely love it. I've never met someone more passionate and his team is more passionate about, you know, protecting the community and you know, yeah.
Speaker 4: Looking after all, is anybody sitting here going you know, oh, look, do they really deserve money? You think about it when you need to bring Triple O and need police somewhere. You expect them there as a.
Speaker 3: Community, we do well. Nikki, thank you so much for jumping on with us today. I mean, this is obviously, Clint, it's a it's a big industrial thing, and there's obviously a lot of complexities to it as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, and the government is not just negotiating with police, you know, there's been negotiations on going with paramedics, with nurses and teachers. It's a fine balancing act. Just before you let NICKI go, Nikki, what's your message to say the premiere?
Speaker 3: You know, it's.
Speaker 11: Something that really needs to be addressed. And I feel as though my partner and his team and probably all the police in general just don't feel as though they're being heard at the moment.
Speaker 5: Yep, agreed.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and it's time for a change.
Speaker 3: I think I.
Speaker 4: Got really annoyed when we were just entrailing in the other week because yeah, I like, you know, with a situation where we're waiting for an ambulance to help an old lady had fallen down at the Boundary Hotel. An hour and a half and a Nambo rocked up by himself and she was like, well, you know if we if it was a priority, I promise the ambulance.
Speaker 5: Would have been there.
Speaker 4: Continue now mate, if it was your mother lying on the ground for an hour and a half, you would have won them the Australia.
Speaker 3: Really and the issue is our police officers and paramedics and ambo workers. They're doing the best they can. Yeah, and they're all there to try and help people. So there's obviously, I mean many issues at play here. Hey, thirteen twenty four ten. If you are a policeman who who is walking out on the job, Clint, how will it affect people? Because it seems scary the police are talking out at the job.
Speaker 2: I don't don't want to say it sounds more dramatic than it is. But it is only impacting broad Meadows today and also glen Waverley, the police training academy.
Speaker 4: So look, if you're one of the robbers in home a line, that doesn't mean it's free game.
Speaker 2: To It's not widespread, but it is certainly an escalation of industrial action and it sends a strong message to the state government that something needs to be done and done now.
Speaker 4: Thirteen twenty four ten is our number to join us on the air year we love, we love.
Speaker 3: We're big supporters of them in here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know we do a great job.
Speaker 3: They are the police officers listening to this.
Speaker 4: And anybody out there listening. At the moment when you want to help, you expect them to be there. So you know, let's chuck them more money. Let's give them, you know, better, better conditions. Thirteen twenty four ten is out number if you're a weigh in on it, especially if you are a police officer. Would love to hear from me this morning.
Speaker 5: I'm nover.
Speaker 4: We're talking about the cops going on strike today. Certain areas of the Victorian police are walking out over a pay rise dispute. I'm still going to Made in my Name's coffee shop and they had a situation on the weekend where there was someone down there hassling all the customers and he ring the cops and it took the cops about now to get there.
Speaker 5: And he wasn't angry at.
Speaker 4: The police, He's just angry at how understaff they are. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It seems like all our emergency services are in a similar way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, and like eyewitnessed a crime at start of the year which the cops would see every day, you know, and that's like that stuff stays with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they do a great job, police officers.
Speaker 2: This industrial action just to paint a picture of how unique it is and historic. It's the first time police in Victoria have walked off the job in a quarter of a century, at breaking point, so they need resolution.
Speaker 4: Well, no one will understand it more than Meghan, who is joining us on the air. Your entire family are police officers. Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 8: How are you guys?
Speaker 3: Well, Meghan, what's happening in your family?
Speaker 1: So my dad has been in the dog for twenty two years, yep. And then my two star has been in the dog of about five years, and then my brother in law has been in the job about four years.
Speaker 3: There are police families. There's a lot of families that are all police officers.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So so my dad at the moment has actually been off for a year and I'm going to try and not get emotional because he's suffering PTSD. And that's what people don't see is the fact that you know, there is some police officers out there, don't get me wrong, that are very you know, they're just put on the uniform just for.
Speaker 8: A bit of power.
Speaker 1: But there's also people out there that just do it for the good of their own heart.
Speaker 8: And that's my dad.
Speaker 1: And you know, he just took a breaking point and he's been off for a year and he's actually met up with quite a number of police officers that are the exact same And I think that the money is going to help with that, but I think there needs to be a lot of things down in Victoria police.
Speaker 4: Ye. Can I ask you what was he struggling with? Was it being burnt out, over worked.
Speaker 1: Being burnt out? It's more, you know, people don't understand that they see stuff that normal people don't see, Like they they have to go and deliver death messages to parents who have just lost their child in a car accident, or you know, they have someone that's you know, drug intoxicated coming at them with a knife.
Speaker 3: That's not normal.
Speaker 8: Not normal.
Speaker 4: Is your dad your hero?
Speaker 1: Oh, he's He's one of the best mans you'll ever meet. And it's actually been really hard for our family. And I think it's hard because we've also got my sister, who's his daughter, who's followed his footsteps, and you're worried that that's going to happen to them. But there needs to also be more support in regards to counseling as well, because it's all well and good to say that you've got counseling services there for the police officers, but men in that generation will not put their hands up to go I need help, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Compulsory mean, your family obviously do a very great job, and you can hear the stress that that families go through when when other family members who work in the force put themselves on the line.
Speaker 2: It's worth pointing out also the Police Association do a significant job in this space as well.
Speaker 4: Megan. I hope your dad's doing okay, mate, and.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you guys bringing awareness to this and I think the pay is just a small thing that will obviously help them doing that job.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to Billy. Now, Billy, you are a police officer, mate, how are you feeling?
Speaker 10: Oh, you know, it's it's it's frustrating that it's reach this point, and you know, you just keep hearing the political spin and you're told that it's all happening in good faith from the government's end, and you just sit your bang in your head against the brick wall, like you see the slogans on the side of the police car, one of them being nine hundred vacancies, nine hundred off sick and your shows. Your shows are one of the platforms the organizations using to advertise our career when well, all these vacancies could be filled by the people that are currently off sick and on one of those nine hundred and once where once we're off, it's like we're you know, seen as damage goods and you know, let's let's just dand aid, fix it and replace them. And if you don't fix the culture of everything, then.
Speaker 4: It's not just.
Speaker 2: It's not just it's not just you know, the cash here, what else do you want?
Speaker 10: I think there's a symbolism to the cash as well, Like as as Meghan just said speaking about the you know, the trauma, Like you go into this sort of knowing that you're going to be exposed to that, and you know, most of us do bring, particularly in this generation, I know it's changing a little bit, bring a lot of care to what we do, and you know, you find a way to get through that stuff. But then when there's moments like this where you don't feel supported by being told, oh you're not worth this. You're not worth that. Here, you're starting to question why do you do it? And Clinton, I know you're a big d's man, and you know you had two of your high profile players, you know, exploring options with other clubs. It's it's nine hundred in my football club, so to speak. Yeah, in an AFL environment, there'd be an external review immediately to address that.
Speaker 3: Like if that many people are run, Yeah, that's that's a worry.
Speaker 2: That's to sharing with us.
Speaker 4: I mentioned before, like I witnessed quite a violent crime at the start of the year and it really messed me up and stayed with me and I just I the respect I had for the cops that day was just like this is just an everyday job for.
Speaker 3: That they deal with day in.
Speaker 5: It really blew me away.
Speaker 3: Look, there's no doubt that a Victorian police do do a great job. Hopefully they can come to a resolution.
Speaker 2: And we're not just a mouthpiece for you know, the Victoria police man. No, god, we're not on someone from the state government who wants to reach out to us, and we'll happily have them on the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but.
Speaker 4: Let's be honest, no bullshit. I don't want the political chats. No, if you're going to get on the show, at least be honest.
Speaker 3: So if you see a police officer walking down the street, yeah, just remind them that they're doing a great job and we're great.
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you absolutely, Jason Lawrence. All right, that's something I might do this weekend.
Speaker 2: What's that to put the.
Speaker 4: Tree up with the kidboy?
Speaker 3: I stated a friend's house in Geelong on Monday. When I went down to see the smelly flower, shout out Nick, shout out Nick, Andna already had the tree up.
Speaker 2: Yeah this week seventeenth eighteen. Yeah, that you need to cool.
Speaker 4: It for another week.
Speaker 3: Me too. But you know what, if it brings a little joy to your life, exactly whack it up.
Speaker 5: That kills it out?
Speaker 3: Guys, Why do I go to so much effort to put this tree up and then only look at it for three weeks? I'd like to look at it for six exactly right, I said, But you've got two kids and that's a long Is it Christmas yet? Is it Christmas yet? It is sad to hear, I said. Is the elf coming to you?
Speaker 4: Know?
Speaker 3: The elf that turns up on the We've.
Speaker 5: Sent a letter off to the elf not to come to our house this year?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: Oh, well, aren't you a fun filled family?
Speaker 4: What's happened to you? What's the elves?
Speaker 3: They're not on the shelf this year?
Speaker 5: Well they can be a lot of it.
Speaker 3: Are you canceling Christmas?
Speaker 4: No? Actually important work.
Speaker 3: I always knew he was the green I've.
Speaker 4: Got a two and a half year old who I'm so excited tap Christmas with this year.
Speaker 3: Like the rest of the family, they're there, but.
Speaker 4: Like I just see he's at that peak age.
Speaker 5: Do you know what I mean? Like? All right, let's go to Lisa.
Speaker 3: Christmas is expensive, isn't it? Lisa?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah?
Speaker 5: How many kids?
Speaker 4: You got?
Speaker 8: Five?
Speaker 3: Holy hell Jesus, that's a lot, Lisa, run us through their names? Do you remember them all?
Speaker 8: And sometimes? Sammy, Nate, lock you Tom?
Speaker 3: Do you have five boys?
Speaker 8: I know one girl?
Speaker 5: What are the ages?
Speaker 8: Sixteen? Down?
Speaker 3: Take on, Lisa with you now?
Speaker 8: They are there in the car.
Speaker 4: Oh gracious, Lisa, thing what I'm cable tired and gaffer tapes. Normally they'd be making noise like it's dead corn.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're kind of on to help me there.
Speaker 3: All right, Lisa, let's see if we can we need some cash for Christmas. Clint, shake the tree off, get a shake and stanners shaking.
Speaker 4: Bye. Come on, Clint, it's a good Lisa from Warren for five kids.
Speaker 2: Come on, Lisa, it's a thousand bucks.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Oh Lisa, what will one thousand dollars do for your family?
Speaker 8: Oh my god. Oh that's amazing that I can't Yeah, that's so good, you know what. Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: Let's let's up it a bit because you know you've got a bunch of boys there as well as a daughter and a daughter. Yeah, yeah, all thanks to sports Directs scored twenty percent off your first purchase at sports direct dot com with code SD twenty.
Speaker 5: Sports starts here.
Speaker 4: I'm going to check your five hundred dollars aout you for sports direct as well. It's fifteen of bucks in your back pocket.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, that's amazing so much.
Speaker 4: Can the kids give us a bit of a shout out?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, they're just clip we're not cooled mine.
Speaker 3: Come on kids? Hello?
Speaker 10: Hi?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 8: Yeah no they can't because I'm on the hondheld they can't hear.
Speaker 4: So they the other day, Lease the other day, Lauren, come over to my place. You walked in and I said to Felix, my ten year old, say hi to say hi to Lauren?
Speaker 5: What do you say?
Speaker 3: Suck and kept walking, didn't ever look me in the eyes. I said, I think he likes me.
Speaker 4: Up did you say stup back?
Speaker 3: You said he was already gone by them? Sup this up up said, said, what's up?
Speaker 7: Bro?
Speaker 3: Hasn't spoken to me, never heard from him again.
Speaker 4: That's gone eleven. Aweke we shake the tree again tomorrow. Some shocking news came in overnight. Guys, Clint's missed down on the World's Sexiest Man. We have ourselves in you one who wants to announce it.
Speaker 5: You do it? Because I can't say, then you do it.
Speaker 3: John Krasinski, Ladies and Gentlemen, has been voted the world's sexiest Man.
Speaker 5: What are you laughing at?
Speaker 4: John? Loves going to leave Grizzo.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised competitions like the World's Sexiest Man haven't been canceled yet. I was saying this morning, is there a World's.
Speaker 4: Sexiest woman competition universe?
Speaker 3: But there is, missus. But that's not just about being sexy. But that's what I think this is about, right, Because he's also so funny, I says, a handsome rooster, right, he's got a rig that he gets out occasionally. If you've seen those photos.
Speaker 5: Who's the one that does it? Who's the magazine?
Speaker 3: People?
Speaker 6: Magazine?
Speaker 4: Like if you look at the history of the world sexist man last few years, it's always it's semi taking the piss like it's Ryan Reynolds, you jackman.
Speaker 3: But that's what I'm saying, that's what's sexy. Being funny is sexy. Being funny is sexy. Being able to sing is sexy.
Speaker 4: If you could have told the girls I went to high school, you could have told the girls who went to high school with that being funny is sexy.
Speaker 5: I would really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: But you're a funny weird He's funny, heart heart different.
Speaker 4: I'm also mayor of the friend zone. Has Big John been in Men's Health?
Speaker 3: No full name John, because Christian's kits married to Emily Blair. They're a hot family. They're a beautiful fu family.
Speaker 4: Here's the guy Lawrence got history, Well I haven't.
Speaker 3: I've let him a couple of times, and he's lovely and funny.
Speaker 5: What's he like close up?
Speaker 3: What's the skin like I wasn't staring at his skin. I didn't get that close. Like, to be honest, I was busiest staring at his white family blunt who. I think he's one of the most beautiful women in the world and also one of the funniest people I've ever really really, she's a who.
Speaker 2: I can see you and her on the Brilliant, Brilliant, the Spicy Marks.
Speaker 5: They were you on the Spicy make.
Speaker 3: Weren't on the Spicy the bubbles, I think we were. I think we were drinking rose of ice just for something. But he's funny and funny. Well not that I've taken, no, not in my personal collection, but from People magazine. He's got a great reach.
Speaker 5: Jesus, it's pretty good, a great cheese on it.
Speaker 4: It's a bit of shadowing.
Speaker 3: Looks much like you, Clint, absolutely if.
Speaker 4: You squint, hey, I've got a question. What happened to Glen Powell? Also attractive, very attractive. I thought he might be that.
Speaker 3: Kind of nerdy, which is also sexy. Now like think Taylor looking hot.
Speaker 2: Look at the check bones on Glenn pet.
Speaker 4: Let's say, oh no, that's the guy he was in that remake of Twister.
Speaker 5: I walked down on it.
Speaker 3: He was in that movie. Anyone but Sydney Sween watch.
Speaker 5: Him in a movie. Watching on mute wasn't great. Actor got a rig on him.
Speaker 3: It's a bit, that's it, guys in twenty twenty four. It's not just about the rig. It's about the skills. That's like, you know what, being smart.
Speaker 4: It's about the rizz, the rig and riz sexy.
Speaker 3: If you're smart, don't you know what? Being able?
Speaker 4: I just don't like when girls like you know what in the funny guys, No, you're not.
Speaker 5: You're into hot.
Speaker 3: Guys, Yeah, hot and funny.
Speaker 2: I mean you're ticking to You're not listening to them unless they're hot, exactly.
Speaker 3: There's many things that make people sexy, like when you see someone really driving, well about that's hot.
Speaker 5: Have you seen me?
Speaker 3: Sometimes people are away they.
Speaker 5: I get I get turned on by a way girl drifts.
Speaker 3: That's sexy. What chicks and newts sexy?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Girl doing a parallel part.
Speaker 3: Floats your boat?
Speaker 5: This is on, isn't it?
Speaker 3: This man who can cook sexy and I get a sexy You can cook, Clint, but you're a terrible drivers. You're off my list.
Speaker 5: You are a shock.
Speaker 3: What do you find.
Speaker 4: I'm sure there's some sexy Melbournians about.
Speaker 3: Right, what do you find? To tell me?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: What do you think is sexy?
Speaker 5: A heartbeat?
Speaker 3: Just that's me, but it is sexy. I've been alive living.
Speaker 4: You're a my list ten point cook, angela fellow pairent of three boys. Morning and this is it?
Speaker 3: You got three boys? How old are they have?
Speaker 8: Three boys?
Speaker 3: Seventeen and oh my lost three teenager?
Speaker 7: It gets easier, tell me, yeah, but it gets much easier.
Speaker 4: How much do they eat? Oh? My god?
Speaker 1: Well pretty much most of my pay goes on.
Speaker 5: Imagine you know what a mama.
Speaker 4: Boys should be looked after, the older.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so like god, my mum was over last night. She just loves my brother so much more every time. Well, I am the better child, like I'm the better child, but she still likes him more because mums love their son.
Speaker 4: Angela and her brother. He's such as.
Speaker 8: What I do.
Speaker 3: The middle one? We're not sure about him?
Speaker 4: Middle child?
Speaker 3: Middle child?
Speaker 5: Okay, right, let's do it. What do you want to do?
Speaker 4: Roll the dice for five hundred dollars. I've been told.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love the five thousand, but I'm happy.
Speaker 4: To let's do it five hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: All right, Angela, he's at work. You're gonna hear a question. You'll hear a three two one countdown. Have a guess. If you don't know, you've got to answer within that time. If you are correct, the money is coming your way. Good luck?
Speaker 4: All right? You ready to go? Well, thanks to CAVEC, you cannead into CAFC and get more bang for your backup with cafc's packed lunch for just nine ninety five not available on delivery, Angela, for five hundred bucks. Here's your question. Who wrote Pride and Prejudice three two?
Speaker 10: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Who did you say? I Love you? It was Jane Austen.
Speaker 8: Oh god, I know that.
Speaker 3: It's one of those ones that as soon as you hear it, you're a hoot. Angela.
Speaker 4: You know what, I'm gonna hook you out with the two and fifty dollars Holy Moly gift card. How about that? You know what? Taking the Mum's gone wild. They do cocktails and stuff there. You'll love it. Holy Molly fun House now open on the Little Bird Street. Search Holy Moly Funhouse for more info. Good on you, doll Nice to meet you.
Speaker 12: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Get her at cocktail.
Speaker 5: She sounds like a hoot.
Speaker 3: It's eight thirteen. Get her at til next week.
Speaker 4: All claim the car park doing something dodgy. Yesterday, we'll go the next It is grown on me and I like it.
Speaker 5: What he said.
Speaker 4: Morning everyone, just going sixteen past eight. You are on the air here on over one hundred.
Speaker 3: I've got an apology to make. I said that song sucks. You love it, and I just caught myself it's a grower driving down the hallway.
Speaker 2: I was driving, but.
Speaker 3: Just me, so I apologize because I know Bruno Mars listens.
Speaker 4: First first listen. It was a bit of a stinker. But yeah, it's certainly.
Speaker 3: Just growing, not a shower.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: I might still need another five minutes with Gaga's new.
Speaker 3: Song, but anyway, I haven't warm to that yet.
Speaker 4: Yesterday we arrived at the Nova Studios, Lauren and I same time. As we drove in, we found Clints down away, sitting in the cover of darkness.
Speaker 3: And he's very excited.
Speaker 4: He was very excited watching something on and I was like, well, I'm not approaching him, you do you you go?
Speaker 3: I knocked straight on the window and said, what.
Speaker 4: Do you think you was doing.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say what I thought. I assumed you're watching the high lights of the Melbourne Football Club winning the ground or something that got you equally excited. It was this we do with two wonderful children. Advice to you is put your own orxygen mask on first. You just have to get late.
Speaker 4: It's been four years now you're actively a nun.
Speaker 3: I've set you up on tender.
Speaker 12: What's tender?
Speaker 2: She's like my spirit animal.
Speaker 3: Guys, She's back Bridget Jones Jones.
Speaker 4: This is the fourth installment.
Speaker 3: Now, I've never related to a character more than I do Bridge. What is it about Bridget Jones that you She gets herself in a pickle, gets herself out of it sometimes. Yep, she falls in love with all the wrong people. She wears spanks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you's just got to work out for the race.
Speaker 3: So she's back for her fourth installment. And the trailer has some shocking things in it. Clinton, I don't know if I can say it.
Speaker 4: Well, Darcy's dead, dear, Well, okay, what's in the trailer?
Speaker 3: Mister Darcy?
Speaker 5: In the trailer?
Speaker 4: He did he did so.
Speaker 2: She's a single mother of two.
Speaker 3: I guess who's back.
Speaker 4: Mister.
Speaker 3: She's confusing because we thought he was brown Bread Daniel Cleaver, Dean Daniel Cleaver Cleaver. U.
Speaker 4: So you're telling me you've seen this movie? Oh my gosh, have you seen all three? All three? We should we should go to see number four.
Speaker 3: We should do a screening.
Speaker 4: We should do a screening.
Speaker 5: So you've seen Bridget Jones.
Speaker 3: I've seen Bridget Jones some much.
Speaker 4: What people will not know about one? Lauren Phillips, We ain't seen anything.
Speaker 3: But I've seen Bridget Jones, and I've seen Actually and I've seen The Holiday. And that's all you need to see the amount of movie. I haven't seen The Notebook, but never seen the Notebook, I don't think I've got an emotional mess.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because the amount of movies that she has not seen that we've all grown up with, I find astonishing. So it's a time of the day we like to test her movie knowledge. I will play you a famous grab from a movie. You just need to tell us what movie it's from. I will be blown away if you haven't seen this one basic Andy who sold joshul the day you put on that first pair of Jimmy choos.
Speaker 3: I saw it Devil Brad Emily Blunt love her. Obviously, I've seen all the block.
Speaker 4: That's Jase. That's a pretty simple start. I mean even this was big. I've been a rich man and I have been a poor man, and I was rich every time.
Speaker 3: Is that Leonardo DiCaprio in Ah Wolf of All Straight.
Speaker 4: I could hear you saying that, I can hear you. This is what I heard. I'm trying to help her sister out knew what it was, but I just had to help her get over.
Speaker 3: To prove that I've seen it. It's where he flies the helicopter. Then, yeah, what else does he say in that film? It's not showing me the money, because that's Tom Cruise in Jerry Maguire.
Speaker 4: The way he gets out of his white sports car is very similar to how you walk into public house.
Speaker 3: And I said that, what else does your saying that film? Margot Robbie is.
Speaker 4: Also she's very She's a fox.
Speaker 3: Anyway, We'll move anyway next.
Speaker 5: This is a classic.
Speaker 4: Okay, we would have grown up, we would have grown up. Played the grab were God. So we're going We're going streaking through the quad and into the gymnasium.
Speaker 3: Got every day come on, bringing green hat is an American bar?
Speaker 5: Non American bar.
Speaker 3: It's not American Pie.
Speaker 5: Do you recognize the voice?
Speaker 3: Is it the guy from American Pie? No, I only was picturing American Pie. I'm gonna need to listen again.
Speaker 4: We're God.
Speaker 3: That's Will Farrell.
Speaker 4: That's right, William Meryl.
Speaker 12: In Old.
Speaker 3: Clint old tool school, Old school, old school. Haven't seen it. I haven't seen it. Have seen step Brothers, though, if.
Speaker 5: You cheat again, you'll be asked to wait outside.
Speaker 3: I've seen step Brothers.
Speaker 2: Don't kick me out.
Speaker 4: I tried to help her out.
Speaker 5: Listening in the car. Will know this one.
Speaker 3: Lego movie, I'm not I saw that. I fell asleep in the first ten minutes and I woke up at the end.
Speaker 5: Ah, you know what the sequel's got. This song will get stuck inside your head? And it does?
Speaker 3: What song? Everything is awesome?
Speaker 5: No? No, the song?
Speaker 3: What song?
Speaker 5: This song's going to get stuck inside your head?
Speaker 3: What's the name of the song? Yeah, how does that go? Don't play It'll get stuck in my head.
Speaker 5: That's how it goes.
Speaker 4: This song is going to get stuck inside.
Speaker 3: I don't know it this can you play it?
Speaker 4: Hang on this song is going to get stuck inside your know that reminds me of click.
Speaker 3: Remember this is the.
Speaker 4: Song that my friend you're on the air with Jason Lauren Clintcer as well. We grew up with Savage Gardens. This man then peeled off to do his own solo career and we love that just as much as well. And he is back with his own memoir which is out now. Darren Hayes, good morning and welcome and Ova.
Speaker 9: Thanks for having me Darren Hayes.
Speaker 4: Let me see, I've got history with Darren. You're never going to talk about that.
Speaker 9: And also I was very confused about my sexuality.
Speaker 3: I've got a compliment. You're the best smelling guest we have ever had in this studio.
Speaker 9: That means a lot to me.
Speaker 3: He looks a mixologist I am.
Speaker 9: I'll tell you the truth as to why I smell good though, right, it's part of a thing that I think that anyone who is slightly famous should do, which is leave an impression.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Unlovable is the memoir that's come out. I was going to bring up We've got history, so I interview you numerous times over the years. In fact, when I was a young fellow. I was at the big ceremony in Brisbane growing up on the main streets of Brisbane.
Speaker 9: And the keys to the city.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the keys to the city Savage Garden were given.
Speaker 5: Back in the day.
Speaker 9: Do you need to get into a building?
Speaker 4: I don't actually know what they do, but they do.
Speaker 9: They well, I can get into most people's homes.
Speaker 4: It's a universe thing.
Speaker 3: Or do you get to keep them for the rest of your life?
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's hilarious.
Speaker 4: Note it's ridiculous, isn't it.
Speaker 9: It's just like a wooden plastic thing that they present to you.
Speaker 5: Brisbane. Yeah.
Speaker 9: My book launch in Brisbane is at that same town hall. Been there since I got the Keys to the city.
Speaker 4: Will it be trauma?
Speaker 9: No, it was an extraordinary thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So the memoir. Was it cathartic? Yeah, of course it was.
Speaker 9: I had never planned to write a book. It's I don't consider myself a celebrity. It's not a celebrity memoir. It really is a book about overcoming trauma. I grew up in a family which I wrote about in Savage Garden and all throughout my career, but no one really put the pieces together. The song.
Speaker 3: I think we don't you know. We hear pop stars and these amazing musicians like yourself write these incredible songs, but you kin't it. You sing along to it, you don't really think about the trauma or the story behind it.
Speaker 9: Sure like two Beds and a Coffee Machine is a song from Famous Look at Me so I've got tickets, But it's a song from Affirmation about me, my mom, my sister, my brother being on their own, living in hotel rooms with two beds and a coffee machine running from my dad and people at the time, he used to say, God, that song is so sad. Who is it about? Back then, I was so ashamed I couldn't tell anyone who it was.
Speaker 3: Ah, what did you say? How did you answer that question back in the day.
Speaker 9: I think I avoided it out of respect for my mum, who was so brave in letting me put that song on the record. But this book came about because for my last album, I think, you know, Look, I'm fifty two now and I had.
Speaker 5: Lived with.
Speaker 9: A severe depressive disorder and PTSD from my childhood all my life, and I've had great treatment for it. But I did an article in the UK which was a childhood picture of me and I was ten, sitting on my bed, picture of Michael Jackson on the wall, and I looked like a happy little kid. And I wrote the story behind the picture, which was that nobody knew the horrors of what was going on in my home. And I had two book offers, one of them was thankfully from Penguin Australia, and they said, would you write that story? And I guess I was ready to.
Speaker 4: That's what I was about to say back then when you were asked about it. With the song, you probably just won't ready as well.
Speaker 3: It's so interesting because I know people who have not the same stories. You know, one's got the same story, but a similar story many people there, and kids carry so much weight protecting their parents from, like you said, the embarrassment of it and wearing this shield because you didn't want your mum to feel embarrassed about what your family was going through. It must have been such a burden, and you're certainly not alone in that, right. There will be families listening to this right now that no, oh my gosh, that's me. I would hate for people to know what my mum goes through. But being able to speak about it so truthfully and honestly is so powerful.
Speaker 9: I dedicate the book to my mom. I mostly wrote this because I think the thing I care about most in the world is women and violence against women. I know in this country it's a pandemic. It's I mean, there are so many women who are murdered by their disgruntled partners. What saddens me about this book is that back in the seventies when we were dealing with this, there were no laws to protect my mom. She couldn't leave my dad, he was an ex police officer. When she went to the police, they all just you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: There are laws about it. Now people are still stand They're.
Speaker 9: Still being murdered. Women are still being murdered. It's that's the thing that it's it really really moves me. So yes, this book a lot of it is about me, but it's really about women because my mom was such a victim, and it's about breaking cycles of abuse.
Speaker 4: I want to say Kurdos to you, because just by opening up and telling this side of your story, you would be helping so many people, more than you'll realize.
Speaker 9: I really want to and that's the whole gist. Of the book, you know, like it was scary to lift that veil and be so vulnerable, really joyful, really happy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, We're going to come back more with Darren Hayes on the other side of this sah on Nova. We are hanging out with Darren Hayes this morning, truly, madly, deeply.
Speaker 5: Do you do you still get into that.
Speaker 9: I've never stopped singing the songs. I don't know that the general public ever knew that. Because the breakup of the band was just so messy.
Speaker 4: I find as a true fan, I find it if like you, I don't even talk now, do you?
Speaker 9: He was incredibly unkind to me, and he didn't tell the truth when the band broke up, And I go, do you think there's any chance if he If no, I'll just stop you there.
Speaker 4: Even if he reached out, no, because.
Speaker 9: He has reached out several times and offered to go on the record and kind of apologize. What he did to me was public. Look, no one wants to hear about that stuff. Fans want to just hear songs.
Speaker 4: I got something joyful the player you love this. This was doing the rounds online.
Speaker 3: This guy, we love this?
Speaker 5: This got me Okay, so this is for hurligans. This is a whole full pub.
Speaker 12: Choir English footy fans.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 4: We got hard men, I.
Speaker 12: Love it, arms around each other.
Speaker 9: Do you know what's so sweet about this is because we've always been very protective of that song. But what happened was I think it was the World Cup was falling on Valentine's Day and this was this amazing marketing ad. It might have been via Adidas or something, but I just loved the message and it was like, hey, love, I'm going to go to the footy. Please don't break up with me, but I love you. And these are real footy fans.
Speaker 4: Well, if you're protective of the music, you do not want to see videos of Lauren having a crack at karaoke.
Speaker 9: Everyone should sing. It's good for the soul totally. It doesn't matter if you think you can't sing or whatever. Everyone should sing. It just makes you.
Speaker 3: Feel what about it if you think you can sing but you can't Saturdakay asking for.
Speaker 9: Just I know quite well, just don't have a career in it.
Speaker 4: I mean on the radio, I haven't heard this, but I have just found out you released a cover of Last Christmas.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, we must put this on rotation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 9: George Michael.
Speaker 3: You got to meet George Michael.
Speaker 9: We became somewhat acquaintances, and George Michael, I'm gonna this is going to sound like a humble brand.
Speaker 3: Go for it. It's George Mike.
Speaker 9: So I sang this song and then maybe six months later, was invited by Pavarotti duet with him at Pavarotine. Friends.
Speaker 3: Hang on, you did a with George Michael or Pavarotti.
Speaker 4: And you're friends.
Speaker 9: I was the friend's friend single and I had to sing an Italian.
Speaker 4: And it's the go to love me, I know that.
Speaker 9: Here's the deal. We go to Moderna in Italy. Guess who's on the bill. Tracy Chapman, Annie Lennox, George Michael, and Darryl Haynes from Soundgarden, right, and I'm thinking total imposter syndrome. Whatevervarotti and Friends couldn't have been nicer.
Speaker 4: Yet.
Speaker 9: The friends were Aqua Aqua with Pavarotti traditional and actually the lead singer whose name, forgive me, I can't remember. She's a beautiful person and hasn't great voice. But here's the deal. The other guy was like dumb on Bobby, I don't know if he can send.
Speaker 3: So Pavarotti didn't say Barbie girl.
Speaker 9: He gave me singing lessons. Pavarotti he took the key and he raised it five semi tones because in Spanish, I'm sorry. In Italian he kept saying, no, no, you're returning, you're atturning, you're antenna.
Speaker 2: I was just like whatever.
Speaker 9: But anyway, then George is on the same show and he walks up to me and he goes, you're saying summer mine, didn't you George did? And I'm like, George, Michael.
Speaker 4: Knew about it, Yes, are you here for royalties?
Speaker 9: And I just went I sat there frozen, and he went, I quite liked it a little wink.
Speaker 3: I just oh, Michael, because when he said it, were you like, oh my god, he's taking a savvy in my song.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know what. I once did a Prince cover and you know how Prince reacted to that.
Speaker 3: I didn't like it.
Speaker 9: He not that. Not only did he not like it, he said, please burn all copies.
Speaker 2: Was a live.
Speaker 4: Recording on a DVD.
Speaker 5: Can we find it on YouTube?
Speaker 9: No, you actually can, We must go it was it was my song popular Match mashed up with Baby on.
Speaker 3: The Star please burn? Or was that in a voice note or an email it was?
Speaker 9: I don't know how he communicated. I think it might have been at that point through visible ink because at that point but yeah, we had filmed it in like HD cameras. It was a d v D about to come out, and I was so proud and it was like he had one d per of the royalties and he went burn it, burn old copies.
Speaker 4: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: I could imagine him saying that you know.
Speaker 7: Him.
Speaker 3: He's a genius, the artist formerly known as Prince.
Speaker 9: He's a genius him.
Speaker 5: Terribly well, so are you, sir.
Speaker 4: Darren Hayes new memoir Unlovable is available now. It's very good to see.
Speaker 3: You, so lovable smell.
Speaker 9: I'll be emailing through the concoction later on and I.
Speaker 4: Will reply with videos of Lauren hacking your song a carryokee. That is it, guys. We are getting out of here.
Speaker 3: Thank you for being I thank you very.
Speaker 4: Much for joining us for the show today.
Speaker 5: It has been absolute hope.
Speaker 3: It has Thank you Melbourne. We love spending our Thursday with you, spending tomorrow with you too. Actually, I'll be back are you coming back, You're coming back to be We'll I'll be here.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 3: Just reminder though we do have that we do have that Bluie Blueiz world trip up for hang on, make that sound like a world trip.
Speaker 4: Stand by for Redder. Thank you for being We are getting out.
Speaker 3: I'll be back tomorrow and I just want to find you all that we have a trip to blue as well for grabs, a family holiday. You could be getting flights and a trip to What we have to do, Lauren, what they have to do is tell us on the internet via Instagram, Facebook, TikTok how much you love blue You want to find Melbourne's because Bluey fans tag at Jason Lauren hashtag Jason Lauren loves Bluey. Do a picture, do a video, Paint the family blue if you like creative, will be winning that trip.
Speaker 5: Now you paint the family blue. That's the one get.
Speaker 3: Really that might go to Smurf World.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow morning we announced the winner. Also, if you want to be a cool parent, your kids are into basketball, you're going to want them listening tomorrow on the way to school. Yeah.
Speaker 2: One of the NBA's hottest players right now, Dyson Daniels, a Bendy go boy Victorian.
Speaker 4: He's going to join us on the line tomorrow. Can't wait playing in the NBA ripping match.
Speaker 2: He just collected twenty eight points.
Speaker 3: Did he get any three points?
Speaker 2: I think he did.
Speaker 4: Think there are a few laps, a few slam dunts.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 3: I'm going to have to get a jersey because I am a band sank pause for it. I'm going to have to get a singlet because I am a bandwagon jump let singlets.
Speaker 5: We are getting out.
Speaker 3: I'm not going No, we're not going to do the whole thing. The Blues will, so we've got a trip there. Hey Melbourn, thanks for joining us this morning. We love doing this show with you.
Speaker 4: Thanks for being here absolutely and we'll see it tomorrow when we do it all again. Have a great Thursday.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a good Jason Lauren, Jason Lauren wake up feeling good on over one hundred Jason Lauren bollygod on socials