Speaker 1: To comply with Spotify's AI enforcement of copyright law. Parts of this podcast have been modified or removed. For the full experience, please listen live on Nov. One hundred or livestream at Nova fm dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: Jason Lauren on one hundred.
Speaker 3: Well, good morning and happy Friday Eve, as we do it live from Mount Buller.
Speaker 2: This is SNOVA, Good morning Melbourne from the top of Mount Buller. Where it is. I had to look out the window. I wasn't sure. That's definitely snowy.
Speaker 3: Happy snover to you all, Happy Snover.
Speaker 2: Happy snov for all those who celebrate.
Speaker 3: Madam's been going out on the town and I love it.
Speaker 2: Turns out you can have a lot of fun on a Wednesday night Mount Buller. Guys, who knew.
Speaker 3: We're live from Alberg House this morning?
Speaker 2: Oh what a buffet. He's in front of me for breakfast Albertus.
Speaker 4: The hospitality has been sensational, Eric and the crew putting on for us last night.
Speaker 2: And then well I'm blaming Rick.
Speaker 3: Rick.
Speaker 2: This is your fault that I'm only dusty and tired. I couldn't say no. Dear generous hospitality.
Speaker 3: Can top up a wine glass? Oh I think my favorite because I went a bit early.
Speaker 2: Which never happens. It's never made and look at how happy myself. Smug, so smug.
Speaker 4: The only reason I went to bed early is because I bought my son, So that's a great idea from now.
Speaker 2: But it was really annoying because HARDI, your son, said to me, what time do we party? And then you were like, off to bed for you. You've had enough mocktails, go to sleep.
Speaker 3: Wasn't he throwing back the mocktails?
Speaker 2: I was like, mate, right, did you have a good time last night? Honey?
Speaker 3: He's a bit dusty looking, so yeah, I finished in early and you know, off your totaled.
Speaker 2: Gee, we had fun and went to bed though didn't The one.
Speaker 5: Challenge is just getting home because there's snow, yeah, and it's cold and it's.
Speaker 3: A bit slippery. I think. I think the other challenge you have this morning, clipment was Brady Executive Producing, gave you your head phones and goes here, put these in, and you looked at them and looked at him and go put them in.
Speaker 2: Where old here?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, black guys, we've had a team excursion. They're very rare and Mum was the life of the party.
Speaker 3: Good for you.
Speaker 4: Hey, look, here's the cool thing. What a season they are having here at Mount Paul.
Speaker 2: There's expected up to thirty seven centimeters of snow coming on the weekend, a bit of a snow storm.
Speaker 5: It's chucking it down, dumping they said, it's chucking it.
Speaker 3: It's chucking it down. Is that just chucking it down yep 'or going.
Speaker 2: Dumping dumping it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: I thought it was chucking it down.
Speaker 2: Here's the go we have either way, guys, it's snowing. It's not spewing snow snowing. It's puking, puking snow. No, it's not, is it.
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: As a former weather girl, you shouldn't know that term puking.
Speaker 3: Here's the guy we have snow.
Speaker 2: Someone else that might be puking had I stayed out any later last night.
Speaker 4: Up for grabs this morning. All you have to do to win your trip to the snow is sing.
Speaker 2: For it, sing for the snow trip.
Speaker 4: In fact, I believe you guys recorded some of the crew here at Mount Pula last night singing for the snow.
Speaker 2: It seems like a good idea last night, And then I heard them this morning and I thought, oh, no, one we'll ever hear those.
Speaker 3: They're not good.
Speaker 4: We're going to a fun show coming up today. We are going to offload one of those ski trips. A little bit later on this morning, we'll catch up with my nine year old honey who it was so cool taking him to the snow for the first time.
Speaker 3: But Jesus committed, he was, wasn't he? He wants to hit the half pipe today. Let's get into it. This is Benson burn Alive from Mount Paula. You're on the air with Jason. Lauren Clint's here too.
Speaker 4: This is Snowver Benson a Boon where we pumping Benson burnout.
Speaker 3: In the car.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh on the road trip. Yeah, he's come on, Cris, you can back announce your favorite singer.
Speaker 5: Well, no, not that song. I love Mystical, Magical, mystical, magical.
Speaker 4: Jesus, it was a long drive with you. We alive from Ount Buller this morning. Good morning. It is Jason Lauren Clint here as well. We are doing our annual snover trip and you two can come to Mont Buller. We've got winter escapes up for grabs later on this morning.
Speaker 3: Get this right.
Speaker 4: We'll chuck in a calm lift passes. We'll take care of the lot. So good your chance to join us.
Speaker 2: We've had such a great time. We hit the slopes yesterday, had a big ski. Some of the team was beautiful. It was snowing. It was just glorious.
Speaker 3: It is a good run up.
Speaker 2: Yeah we had Yeah, we had great weather. We went for a beautiful dinner last night here at Albert House. Then we went to a club. I couldn't tell you where it was. We got in some kind of bus and went to a nightclub on the mountain. And I my condition of going to this nightclub was I'm only going if there is a driver that can drive me back up the hill, because I remember your trials and tribulations of last year where you had to walk up the hill to get home and by the time you get to the top, well, maybe I should have done it, but I was like, I am not. So we had a little transfer, a little van Davo Davy Devo.
Speaker 3: Da like a courtesy.
Speaker 2: After the poking, he said, this is the set time I can pick you up, and you must be in the square at Mount Ball and I will try. And I couldn't have been more thrilled about it because I had an exit plan anyway, so I left. I left one Clint stand away in the club.
Speaker 5: That's alleged.
Speaker 2: Now, that definitely happened. Also, how beautiful friend Macie who works on the show, who had been freaking out all night that she lost the room key to our room here at Albert House. I walked to our room and the key was in the door. So she did a good job with that. Was we found the key, and then I went and sat on the bed and I thought, oh, I've had a few too many wines to be getting up early to go to work in the morning. I think I need something to eat.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a dangerous commute coming.
Speaker 2: I had my three stories in my apartment. So at midnight I was like, I need a snack. Where am I going to get a snack at midnight in Mount Buller. So I got out of bed and I thought, on the road trip yesterday, Hudson Hawkins had some pizza shapes in the car, so I'm going to So I'm going to go to the car. So up, I get out in the snow. It's dumping snow. Do you think I could roll? So it's sandwich. I forgot about that anyway. So I'm walking around trying to find my car in the snow. It's a white car, not great to find in the sky anyway. So I've walked out the wrong door. I've like cuddle lap of this hotel. Found my car. I was like it was like there was a spotlight on it. Like ah, So I walk over to the car. I could not, for the life of me open the doors of the car. I think they were snowed in. They were, they were.
Speaker 3: Did you have the keys?
Speaker 2: I had the keys now frozen. So I'm kicking the door. I'm trying to open the door. I can see the pizza shapes as well. I've come this far, so I thought I'm gonna have to go in through the boot. So I was able to open the boot. That is commitment, and I'm climbing over the back seats trying to get the pizza shapes and behold, I got the pizza shapes and I climbed back out the boot. I don't know why, because I'm sure I could have opened the doors from the inside. Yeah, the way I went in was the way I came out. And then I walked back through the snow back into my bend and I ate some pizza shapes. And that is why I feel so great.
Speaker 4: For remember when she ordered McDonald's just one cheeseburger oats and when we were in Adelaide for.
Speaker 2: The footage, that doesn't sound like something I would. Hey, can I just there's no obtes at midnight on the mountain?
Speaker 5: Is now my night finished like this? I decided to run the gauntlet with my mobile. Now I got home and had six percent. Oh, you needed to have a charger. I need an alarm. I thought this ain't gonna survive the night. Well and behold it survived the night.
Speaker 3: Well, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: Do you know what he tried to do?
Speaker 5: Do you know what I.
Speaker 2: Busted him doing? He was trying to find because he's living in the sixteen hundreds, he's got the old USB chargers. He can't you can't borrow one bout charger, So he's trying to find the old USB he's got the cause I.
Speaker 5: Was looking on the television. No USB in there.
Speaker 2: So he found Hudson's karaoke microphone and tried to plug his phone into that to see if he could train the BA from the karaoke microphone.
Speaker 5: Do you know what didn't need it. It survived the night.
Speaker 3: Well went on. To be fair, you rocked up here in quite the panic.
Speaker 4: At a minute to six, he's about to read the news off his iPhone and he's like, I need a charger.
Speaker 3: I have the news.
Speaker 2: The news is on your phone. Oh well, lucky, Lucky, we got to the news because there's that huge news you told me news this morning. The national animal of Scotland. You called it the unicorn, is the symbol for the Glasgow game. Yes, Lucky, we got that.
Speaker 3: Breaking yes news. We are live from Mount Buller this morning.
Speaker 4: We're going a huge show coming up and we need to preview a massive, huge footy.
Speaker 3: I've got beef with Nick the Wizard Watson. We're going to go. We'll go there next don Over. We are live from Mount Buller this morning.
Speaker 4: We are doing snover our Berg Houses where we are amazing commodation, incredible restaurant right at the top of Burke Street.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a great spot to sit and watch the day go. But I watched the people haanging down the mountain stats out there.
Speaker 5: Didn't you have a stack?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it was good.
Speaker 2: Ariel decided to do an ungroomed black runt with some of the team here, and I hit a rock and went for lying.
Speaker 3: Did someone think they were more qualified than I?
Speaker 2: Saw a hazard sign and I thought I won't go that way, I'll go this way, And there was also it that way. I was looking the wrong way.
Speaker 5: What do you describe it as an ungroomed black round?
Speaker 2: I think it was, yeah, yeah, well, yes, it was very rocky and bumpy even the even well it was definitely not alyssa campl like it was. It was quite meanwhile, al yeah, it was sort of like.
Speaker 3: Aerial.
Speaker 2: Is that Olympic preparation going aerial? Aerial skier being told? Anyway, I had an unintentional aerial ski session and I landed thankfully on my shoulder, not my head.
Speaker 4: We're more of a layd down sally, sort of the roller that just laid down.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right. Anyway, I did have a little tumble yesterday, but I had a great day out on the slow.
Speaker 3: Can I I want to talk footy just quickly. I was just going to say thank you for letting me bring my son along on our family road trip.
Speaker 2: Well, I was desperate for Hudson to come because we're best friends.
Speaker 6: Not me.
Speaker 2: I'm waiting for him to grow up so you can host the show and we can push put you into a retirement village.
Speaker 3: We we hit the slope chair. So we're going to bogganing this morning.
Speaker 2: Are you going to it's more your speed.
Speaker 3: Jeez, you'll pick up speaking. You might meet it gold there you guys, I don't think he's gonna still.
Speaker 4: Hey, let's turn from the snow to the foot Tonight, Big One Blue has taken on the Hawks.
Speaker 5: Well, it's a it's a farewell for Sam Dougherty, who has been a terrific servant for the Carlton Footy Club.
Speaker 3: His retirement.
Speaker 5: He's been through a lot knee reconstructions and knee reconstructions rather cancer.
Speaker 2: Cancer and story to come back from some of those. Absolutely he's had to deal with.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And there's also a side story which is brewing right now.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 5: It's front page of the Herald Son this morning, involving Charlie Kurner. Charlie Kurner being the forward Carlton footy club. He wants out of.
Speaker 2: The Blues, does he has? He said that he is a.
Speaker 5: Blues forward and it's being reported that he wants to get to the Gold Coast Sons. Now Carlton has put up the stop sign and said, sorry, Bud, you ain't going anywhere.
Speaker 4: Lauren's point into the contract. Has he come out publicly and said he wants out?
Speaker 5: Clint Brady is Charlie Kurner. This is our executive producer. Brady has Charlie Kerner indicated that he wants out.
Speaker 3: His management have.
Speaker 5: Gone to the Gold Coast for some conversations.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, Carlton, this is not dissimilar to what we saw with Christian Petrarca. Yes, but he's still there.
Speaker 3: Brady, you should try sport on Channel nine. It's a bit more qualified than the current going. I said, you've got to talk about Charlie.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 4: You know what I don't get and like it is very reminiscent of the whole Track situation. If you're going to come out and say, hey, I want out, surely you would have a deal almost in the works, all done.
Speaker 2: You think it was already done, you know what I mean? It's not your teammates turned against.
Speaker 4: You, and I believe that's what affected your team Melbourne last year.
Speaker 2: It's because right now, if you said you were going to go back to another radio station.
Speaker 3: You're going back, going back, mate, you.
Speaker 2: Were to say that, I'm not like, I wouldn't be thrilled sitting next to you for the rest of the Exactly.
Speaker 3: What would we get out of that trade?
Speaker 2: There's help us?
Speaker 4: No, no, Hey, both teams tonight are coming off wins. Yes, and Nick the Wizard Watson embarrassed me massively last week at a party.
Speaker 2: What were you doing at a party with Nick Watson?
Speaker 3: I was at a kid's birthday party last weekend watching the Hawks game, right, and they were taking on Port and it was neck and neck first quarter. And I convinced all the dads at the party because you know how I've been saying since the start of the season, Yes, whenever Nick was on the show, whenever he didn't come on the show, they would lose. Of course, we're on holidays. Last week he couldn't come. So I'm looking at all the dads at this party. Game, I'm telling you, now, put the kids scholarship money or schooling money on this. Yeah, exactly what happens?
Speaker 2: We lost more anyway, kids, no scholarships.
Speaker 3: Fin, I'm like, no, what's going on here? This is yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, look maybe it was an anomaly because we were actually on holidays. It wasn't that we invited him in and he couldn't come on.
Speaker 3: It happened last holidays as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that it's a hard word to say on the town.
Speaker 2: Anomally, maybe it's an anomaly.
Speaker 3: We are live from a mouthful of this morning. We are doing snover and coming up later on this morning your chance to win your very own ski trip.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 3: I will give you all the details and how you're going to comeing up soon here on over.
Speaker 4: It is Snover. We're coming to you from Mount Bulla this morning. Weather conditions, another awesome day of skiing.
Speaker 2: Now, great day ahead of skiing.
Speaker 5: On the streets of Melbourne. Right now you might be noticing an influx of tourists. Yes, a sea of red, sea of red with English, Irish, Welsh accents.
Speaker 3: Is this the Lions game?
Speaker 2: Yes, the British Lions, not to be confused with the Brisbane Lines. Because we had friends coming from overseas who wanted tickets and we said sure, no problem, Brisbane life. Did you know they did not want tickets to the Brisbane Lions. They wanted tickets to the British.
Speaker 5: The British and Irish Lions. So they're hitting the MCG on Saturday night. Yes, those tickets would have been a little bit harder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Look, I was wondering why they were so stressed about trying to get them.
Speaker 5: Thousand people are going to be headed to the g on Saturday night every twelve years.
Speaker 2: I'm just like my fiancee, Paul is going he's lost his noodle over it. He's so excited and he keeps saying it's every twelve years, and I was like, why is every twelve years? But so it's it's every four years, but every twelve years. It's in Australia.
Speaker 5: The series has played every four but in Australia, and it's rugby. It's rugby rugby Rugby union, Yeah, rugby union.
Speaker 3: The game they play in Heaven.
Speaker 2: In Heaven, Paul tells me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and or private schools.
Speaker 2: Yes, So I don't know much about it, but it's all I'm hearing about in my household is the British on Irish lie well guys, and they play the Wallabies.
Speaker 5: Who were courageous in defeat in Brisbane last weekend.
Speaker 3: Seemed to be in defeat.
Speaker 2: I thought the Wallabies were quite good.
Speaker 5: Were once upon a time back in the day of Johnny Ils. Yes, you know those times.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not familiar with Johnny Eils's work.
Speaker 3: What about Harry Potter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we were watching the news yesterday.
Speaker 2: I was shocked when I saw this.
Speaker 5: And Harry Potter flashed up. He's a Melbourne raised lad who is playing for the Wallabies and his name is Harry Potter.
Speaker 2: Is he the captain of the Wallabies. Not the captain, He's just a He just gets more attention because his name is Harry Potter.
Speaker 5: Let me refer to the sheet. He's a winger. Oh, he's a winger and his name's Harry Potter.
Speaker 2: I mean that's fun. If your name was Harry Potter, could you love it or hate? Wow, you're a wizard, Harry. How many times? How many times?
Speaker 4: I love people with a great name, not necessarily a celebrity name. It might be a business name.
Speaker 2: You remember that guy called His name was Dan Murphy. Yes, you can be a friend of ours, but you'd never call him Dan.
Speaker 3: You'd always call him Murphy's coming.
Speaker 2: Dan Murphy's coming over for dinner, like you would always say Harry Potter is coming over for dinner? How are you getting home? Harry Potter is going.
Speaker 3: To get doing it online order now.
Speaker 5: We were talking about this last night and throwing some names around. I played footy, which is a miracle in itself. I played footy with a guy by the name of Keanu Reeve, No, not Reves.
Speaker 3: Remember, I can't say it on the air. But when I was young and mom and dad but dragons to church. There was that family there.
Speaker 2: Whose last I love that you started this story with. I can't say it on.
Speaker 3: Their last name. How do I put this? It's it's like a swear word. Can you whisper it? But I've replaced the C word with a K. That's their last names.
Speaker 2: No, it's not because it's not.
Speaker 3: I guarantee because whenever when I was young, I was like, oh, Mom, there's Margaret. What's her last name? Again? Mama, be like you he's mister and missus with us with a K kidding me.
Speaker 2: You'd have to say, my name is Lauren with a K.
Speaker 3: Yeah, getting with them. No, I'm not who's.
Speaker 2: Coming over for dinner tonight? It's the family. You know you're changing? You change it, you change your name by Deepole can you change your surname by deepole, Just yeah, you change it? Change it all right?
Speaker 5: Remember when Gary Howking became Whiskers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, here's the guy. Thirteen twenty fourteen is our number? Do you have or do you know someone with a great.
Speaker 2: Name, a great name, a famous name and amusing name?
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four ten to join us on the air.
Speaker 2: In return Jason's friends from church to listening. We can't put you to air.
Speaker 3: Yeah, give us a call your pack of that's your last name, just saying they're pack of thirteen twenty four ten to join us o the air.
Speaker 2: It's so unfortunate. I don't believe that that's really host in return saying that in.
Speaker 3: Church we got vouchers for Specsavers valued at four hundred bucks.
Speaker 4: They are yours. Do you know someone with a great name? Give us call it nover.
Speaker 5: On the back of the British and Irish Lions they face the Wallabies Saturday night MCG ninety thousand people in the stands and on the field.
Speaker 3: One Harry Potter who plays for.
Speaker 2: Australia, who I'm most excited to say.
Speaker 5: Is he a handsome rooster? I think a lot of the rugby players are quite handsome.
Speaker 3: How how many points for a try? Again? Lurry? Just because I know you're going and you're a massive three, three.
Speaker 2: Four, four five and then you get to kick a goal after which is three to just cheering from my boy Harry.
Speaker 5: Is the same scoring system as the rugby league, I believe.
Speaker 2: Oh hang on, I don't know if you just ripped me about that in your role.
Speaker 3: Dan By, Please I'm going to do it. Google.
Speaker 2: Mike Paul will be on the phone in a minute because he is just like bursting out of his hand with excitement.
Speaker 4: Sure, four for a try, two for a conversion, same as rugby league.
Speaker 5: Takes a while of life Google this morning, No privately boys in the house.
Speaker 2: The way the reason we're talking about it is because there is a play for the Wallabies and his name is Harry Potter, and I think it's the cutest thing I've ever heard in my love.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go.
Speaker 2: Do you have a famous name or someone you know?
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four ten to join us on the year? What try is? Five points?
Speaker 2: Really sucked?
Speaker 9: In?
Speaker 5: Jas Hawkins the conversion stand by, I haven't got that far.
Speaker 2: Conversion Sports Reporter seven. If you get a touchdown and a goal.
Speaker 3: Jesus, every day is the school day here at Nover jan.
Speaker 2: Jack, good morning, good morning, hell are you? We're very well? Thank you. Now, do you have a cool name or someone you know?
Speaker 10: My last name is Power, So yeah, my name is Nigel Powers, just like the Austin's father from.
Speaker 4: The Powers popular name when that movie series was out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, were you born around that time? Nige?
Speaker 11: I was born a little bit earlier.
Speaker 2: Weren't named after him? No, he was named after you?
Speaker 3: All right, hey, thanks you.
Speaker 5: He sounds like has got a dog which he called Austin.
Speaker 3: Austin Powers are smart. Good job. The vets.
Speaker 5: When they call your name, it's like for me, it's like pep, pep stun away. Yes, so it's like they called the dogs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, let's go to Sarah. Sarah, who do you know who has a good name? Yep, it's my mum.
Speaker 8: She's Michelle Pfeiffer.
Speaker 2: No, Michelle, and she came first. She's the O G. Michelle Pheiffer. Yeah did she did?
Speaker 9: She?
Speaker 8: I think you're about the same age.
Speaker 3: Actually, Michelle Fife is there?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 3: Basic instinct with the interrogation?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's Sharon Star.
Speaker 3: Sorry, yeah, Michelle.
Speaker 2: And we're getting a reenactment in front of us fire. That's a good one. Would you would you embrace it? If you had a name like that away from.
Speaker 3: It, it would be flash of Dan Murphy was great.
Speaker 2: Great making a reservation to get the table somewhere. Absolutely reservation for Michelle. Thanks.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Tom. Who do you know with a great name.
Speaker 11: I've been waiting thirty six years for this segment. So I've got a mate whose last name is King and his dad's name is Wayne.
Speaker 2: That's not true, is it?
Speaker 11: That is one hundred percent through? Had one too many of the twenty first let everyone know about it and didn't talk to me.
Speaker 3: Tom. I would have loved to have seen your face.
Speaker 4: I'd love to see your face when you turn on over this morning we're asking people with a great name.
Speaker 2: You'll be like, this is it, this is the moment, this is my moment. Why coming for your in.
Speaker 5: The airline page so to be you're taking the one five?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, Well why would you do that to your child? Don't you as a parent? When like I've got friends who are currently pregnant and they're going through every combination of what the initials cried, just to make sure they haven't done something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you've got to be careful that you don't use your second backup as like a middle name. Oh you know what I mean, well, because then you might have a second kid and then you're like, oh, we used it for the middle names.
Speaker 2: He doesn't spell anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, No, you're right. You need to look at initials.
Speaker 2: Cares about a middle name anyway?
Speaker 3: Do they depends if it's part of a great name.
Speaker 2: Actually, didn't you change your child's middle name?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we changed hats middle name what to watch? Well, it was Hudson James Hawkins. And then Lou and I realized we don't have a James in the family. We have no connection to James.
Speaker 3: We have no idea why we picked up, so changed it to what Paul my dad's that's so sweet. Yeah, I know. But then, like you said, no one cares. Right on seven o'clock, you run away.
Speaker 2: Thought la, middle names are so important. They are part of your name.
Speaker 3: Since he will be calling you Paul, this is over one hundred. We're on the air.
Speaker 4: Thanks our mates, it's already express. We hit a few of those on the way to Mount Buller, Oh lots of didn't.
Speaker 2: They came in handed at midnight when I needed a mid We will hit.
Speaker 5: Him again on the way to the piece out of me for having a check? Are you ripe yesterday?
Speaker 3: Cherry a summer rolls?
Speaker 2: Have a summer roll one of the strong.
Speaker 5: Pieces of confectionery.
Speaker 2: Best was he pulled it out of his pocket and it was half eaten, like wrapped up.
Speaker 5: Cherry, right, is better than one?
Speaker 2: You are one of these? And I said, I haven't had a cherry ripe since my nanime.
Speaker 3: I p oh my god, cherry ripe Turkish delight and a summer roll that is. I don't know what I would put it on the path.
Speaker 4: We've done a family trip my life from Albert House this morning, top of Mount Buller cracking spot.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for having us.
Speaker 2: Son's just coming up here. It's a bit of a wide out there currently there is snow. That's what we love to see up here.
Speaker 4: Can I just say jokes aside, thank you guys for letting me bring yeah, thanks for letting me bring my nine year old son along.
Speaker 2: Actually, thank you for bringing him along because we were the ones that wanted. You went into it with much trepidation.
Speaker 5: Why would you why so much trepidation? Good morning, Hudson.
Speaker 2: Morning, Okay, Ardie on kid? Have we had fun or have we had fun?
Speaker 10: We had fun.
Speaker 3: Hours last night, big.
Speaker 2: God night on the chocolate calzones deserve.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about Charles.
Speaker 3: Did you have about like four?
Speaker 4: So it's been really cool because Hodeie's never seen the snow, and like my family and I lived in now Victoria now for almost nine years and like the kids have never experienced it, and it's such a Victorian thing. And to be able to do this the first time. When we're driving up in the car yesterday, Lauren was like, we're going to play Spoto first person to seek snow and.
Speaker 2: He found like one snowflake on the ground and beat me and I was like, that doesn't count. But then as we got up the mountain, it was pretty impressive, wasn't it, Honey?
Speaker 5: Yes, I love the views.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: No, you looked at me because I was driving, and you said, if you go off the side, I will never forgive you. Lauren, that's what you said to me. How is my driving up the mountain?
Speaker 10: Out of ten?
Speaker 2: Probably two? Can you drive home because.
Speaker 5: Talking what do you think about the climate up here? Do you? I mean, would you live in a place like Mount you would?
Speaker 3: Are you currently wearing shorts and crocs? That's how the kid got here?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's in shorts and a T shirt and crocs. Now, if he's not his father's son, I don't know what is? Are you cold? No? Because yesterday you walked out in the snow in crocs?
Speaker 3: So what hard man?
Speaker 2: And also we got on the chair lift and I was like, he needs gloves. Jason lost them and you wouldn't buy him a new pair because you're a mean pair of He nearly got frostbite.
Speaker 3: Your hands were fine.
Speaker 2: Have you got all your fingers still on? I don't know the fingers fell off?
Speaker 4: You're traumatic. So we took him skiing. We hit the slopes for the very first time. And then today what are we doing after the show?
Speaker 10: Tobogganing?
Speaker 2: Now your dad is a big boy in the toboggan. He's going to go very fast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little too fast.
Speaker 5: How did you enjoy your skiing experience?
Speaker 3: Did you like skiing?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 3: It's new.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. We're going to talk about the skiing a little bit later on, but the tobogganing will be fun. And I think what if we could get your ride on one of those skoodoos.
Speaker 4: Have you seen that those little like snow motorbikes.
Speaker 2: Someone will be able to chuck you.
Speaker 3: Do you want to go for a hand on one of those.
Speaker 2: You might need to put some pants on.
Speaker 3: It's very cold out there.
Speaker 2: You can't be wearing. Have you met him Jason? Yeah, I have you wear your shorts. Come back and give us a full weather report after you go on doing your shorts. Honestly, that'll be fun you can experience.
Speaker 3: It's been pretty last night.
Speaker 4: Last night you got Lauren. You fell asleep because you're old. You need a nap. Clint, I think you're off at the clubs Early and Honey and I rocked up at dinner a touch Early and Rick the owner love it. Gentlemen, We love Rick, love Rick, love Rick.
Speaker 2: We love Rick, and we love Kurt with a k who works here.
Speaker 5: Also, it's with a.
Speaker 2: Hit it off with coming to just one second, it's worth coming to Moultbull now to meet.
Speaker 12: K can we because he needs one that good look and rooster this needs a thorough investigation because if Paul, if you're listening, Lauren has she's found love?
Speaker 2: Oh really, no, twenty three?
Speaker 3: What is it? Your son?
Speaker 2: Just very handsome behind the bar, that's and he was very quick at filling up the wine glass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are quite handsome up here.
Speaker 2: Everyone's hands.
Speaker 3: Oh that's the great thing about the snow. It takes us from a four to solid yet.
Speaker 4: Yes, we are live from Alberg House at the top of Mount Buller is where you'll find us this morning with some of the best snow of the season.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, there is a snowstorm coming over the weekend. I think there's about thirty up to thirty seven centimeters of snow coming over the weekend.
Speaker 5: Hey, not just at Alberg House, but in the breakfast buffet if you don't mind, Sorry for crashing breakfast everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just woken up.
Speaker 3: They're like, what is this here?
Speaker 5: It's just one of my ribs in peace.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not happening this morning. You got us.
Speaker 3: How good is an automatic pancake machine?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, there's not there is. And Macy, who works on our show, has had it.
Speaker 5: Was astonished.
Speaker 2: Her mind was blown with the pancake machine.
Speaker 3: She's like, you just hit the button and it makes a pancake perfect every time.
Speaker 5: She is from South Australia.
Speaker 2: Yet it's still on shaking bake over there.
Speaker 3: What pancakes or the machine exactly.
Speaker 2: Hey, we are at Mount Buller, which we're very lucky to be here. We've got trips to give away shortly, so make sure you stay tuned to that. If if you'd like to win yourself a little trip up here, you've got to sing for the snow. So write a song and sing it to us about why you want to come to Mount Buller and that trip could be yours. But we've come up here on a family road trip. Clint Jase, myself very wholesome. Jason's nine year old son, Honey, which has been really cool. And it's cool for Clinton and I to see you and your son experienced snow together for the first time. Yeah, it was cool, like he were so excited driving out the mountain.
Speaker 3: And then your afternoon everyone went off for their you know, sort of a line time in him and I were just out the front having a snowball force. It was so cool, so cool.
Speaker 2: We also gave him a milkshake before we drove up the mountain and Jason's paranoia about Hudson throwing up in the back of my car as we went around the one.
Speaker 5: I mean, I didn't want it to happened, but I was sort of cheering for it.
Speaker 4: I was just why a milkshake before the mountain?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he's hanging out with Auntie La and an uncle Clint so and he wanted a milkshake. So we said, sure, no problem. And you nearly made him sick by the amount of times you said you're right, hut, You're right, ice forward, Hut, You're gonna.
Speaker 5: Be sick, mate, put you down, come on, and you just like that.
Speaker 2: I'm fine.
Speaker 3: I just didn't want to have to deal with.
Speaker 2: The spew manty in the back of mind.
Speaker 5: Now, I was quite taken aback by the preparation, because we you know, there's a lot of work that goes into a lot of skiing. You need to be safe and.
Speaker 2: You've got to have your ski pads, your ski jacket. So we went to the rental shop. Now, I was done in about five minutes.
Speaker 3: You're quick.
Speaker 2: I already had my ski bit, so I just need skis. I was done. So I was sitting there overheating for clink you you were pretty quick. How long did you reckon him? It took Jason Hawkins. Let's find an outfit. He was happy with you, well to find a helmet.
Speaker 5: Let's say the Hawkins family, because both of them combined. We're in there for what ninety minutes?
Speaker 2: I can an hour and a half week we're in mind you. I'm sitting there with these pants. I'm not happy with these pants. No, the boots are so an hour and a half, I reckon. We sat there in the ski rental shop, mind you. I'm in my skigi ready to get so. I've got my fermals on, I've got my jacket. I am shooting sweating because it's warm in there. Jace is in an absolute flat.
Speaker 3: But we got that in green.
Speaker 7: You have.
Speaker 2: The helmet's too small. You got extra extra larch. There's a big head. Have you seen what I look like in a beanie? I need a big helmet. So we all sat there and we thought, we're all in this together.
Speaker 3: We're all good together.
Speaker 2: We're all gonna wait for Jace to get dressed for the snow. We waited, we as a family collectively. Oh, Hudson lost his gloves. That was another saga. Jase wouldn't let get a new pair. Carls and I was scared that poor little boys fingers were going to fall.
Speaker 3: You teach them look after your stuff.
Speaker 2: It was the first day anyway. So we get on the chair lift. After an hour and a half on we pop. We're all on it together. Up we go up the chair lift for our big day of skiing. We've spent all day driving here.
Speaker 5: We spent an hour high pressure as well, isn't it. You've got to get it right getting on getting off?
Speaker 3: Is you know? There's an art to what it is.
Speaker 4: It's like holding the line up at the airport. Yeah, security thing.
Speaker 3: Have you have your laptop out?
Speaker 2: Clinton and I were in front of you, purely so we could turn around and watch you trying to dismount anyway, seamless dismount.
Speaker 3: But she did.
Speaker 2: She was staggering, amazing, amazing. We are lucky enough to be staying this beautiful hotel, Albergh House, which is a skiing ski out hotel. So the chairlift drops you right at the hotel. Jayce gets off the chairlift, skis, what do you reckon thirteen meters?
Speaker 5: Well, that's generous to the front.
Speaker 2: Door, takes his skis off and says, I've experienced and that'll do me.
Speaker 3: Then we went and played pool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that was it, a true winter sport.
Speaker 2: Put his shorts back on and went and played pool. Thirteen seconds. You lasted on the snow time and that was it. We had lessons ski instructor a year.
Speaker 3: Well he took the afternoon often.
Speaker 2: No, no, he didn't. I said I would like to have the ski instructor because I'm okay skier.
Speaker 3: The instructor. You can't photo, you can't actually request she would have loved it.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'd like the lesson, and they said, oh no, it's now been given to Leo's standaway four years of age and lasted longer out there.
Speaker 3: He was out there two hours and zipping up and down Berkston. I was sitting there playing pool rock.
Speaker 2: Jace Hawkins, you're a quitter. Thirteen seconds he lasted on the snow. So where do you want to know? How quickly did you quit? Did you go to a job and you lasted one day and you quit? Did you decide you were going to be a footy player and you did your knee on day one and you quit?
Speaker 5: Did you take up a hobby? He did take up hobbies? And then they're like, nah, I bort to that.
Speaker 3: I did the trumpet for one lesson trump I would pay quitter. Has anyone got a trumpet?
Speaker 5: I would pay good money to see Jace Hawkins on the trumpet.
Speaker 2: Well he did it for one day. That lasts longer than his skiing career.
Speaker 3: I look like Harold on Neighbors on thirteen twenty fourteen, Melbourne.
Speaker 2: How quickly did you quit? What did you take up? And what did you throw the towel in early? Was it a job? Was it a hobby? Was it a sport?
Speaker 3: Over feeling?
Speaker 4: People are going to be dobbing in partners here? Yeah, give us a ring, thirteen twenty four ten. In return, I got tickets to everyone the movie up for grabs.
Speaker 3: What do you want to hear from the quitters of Melbourne?
Speaker 4: It's our annual snow over trip and coming up after eight this morning your chance to win your very own ski holiday. All you have to do is sing for the snow.
Speaker 2: That's it. Write a song, Sing a song, Sing a tune about why you want to come to the snow?
Speaker 3: Can you want to be winning.
Speaker 2: Your own trip.
Speaker 4: Can you go through your phone recordings, Lauren, it's dangerous after eight o'clock. I would like to hear some of the songs that you and the crew last night.
Speaker 2: Dave from all over there shaking his head.
Speaker 3: So he's retreated into his shell.
Speaker 2: He was trying to do the song I want Prada Wo, but he was singing I want ball.
Speaker 7: All night.
Speaker 2: Well done, Dave, You're not when you go, no trick for you. But we aren't Mapple And now it took us four hours to drive here. We've been talking about it for weeks. We're so excited to hit the slots. Clinton and I stay in solidarity with Jase as he took ninety minutes to select which ski pants he wanted to wear, which boot fit, and which helmet matched his jacket as he rented all his gear. We sat there, so we're at about six hours now since we left home. Before we finally get a chance, Jace gets to top but to the chairlift at the top right where Albert houses where we're staying, and he got off the chairlift and skied straight back into the hotel and took his pants off and said, I've had enough Elizabeth. So I'm thirteen twenty four to ten Melbourne. We want to know how quickly did you quit something? Are you a quitter like Jace.
Speaker 13: Lauren and Clean?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 2: Are you warning Elizabeth you acquitted?
Speaker 13: No, it's not me so similar story to Jase. Took our friends up to Mount Fuller.
Speaker 8: For four days.
Speaker 13: Our friend decided after twenty minutes that he was done and went.
Speaker 7: To the bar.
Speaker 2: It spent four days, great bar. Very easy to do.
Speaker 3: Quiper.
Speaker 5: Yeah, our prey skis is. It's a passionate mine.
Speaker 4: It takes many different types of people to make them outain work.
Speaker 5: It does, thank you.
Speaker 2: If you had have just said, guys, I don't want to ski, you you would say, but you.
Speaker 3: Don't want to ski? Ski? Oh my god, I'm going to be to Boggin today. It was an experience.
Speaker 2: See how long you know to bogging? What's your what's your money?
Speaker 5: Well, like you said earlier, you'll have one, yeah, one.
Speaker 2: Of fifteen minutes. It'll take him an hour to get dressed in his Snowgive.
Speaker 3: I'm just going to get on the shorts, all right. Thirteen twenty fourteen is out number? What have you quit?
Speaker 5: Mari is Mario or Marie in here's day.
Speaker 7: Good morning, it's Mary Hell, good morning guys.
Speaker 3: When did you quit? What was it? Oh?
Speaker 13: Look, it was a long time ago. But I went to a new school and for about three or four hours in I went to the reception and said, can you call my monthly? And they rang and I said, get me out of here, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not and everything.
Speaker 13: No, it was actually I could wear the previous school that I was in for that week, and Mum was at work, and I said, well, I'm not waiting till the end of the day to grab me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mum would have been thrilled with that.
Speaker 3: I quit at a high school after one day?
Speaker 5: Did you it wasn't for you?
Speaker 3: It wasn't for me? Straight into radio?
Speaker 2: Or did you get thrown out?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, I quit like it was. I went year eleven. I was like, it's a bit rough for me. I'm not going to last in.
Speaker 2: The yard rough for you? Are you delicate? Little wolves?
Speaker 3: Unless I can my ship from the uniform shop.
Speaker 5: Now, you might recall that I once upon a time bought myself for an acoustic guitar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, it's next to the mirror in your bedroom, pointed at the.
Speaker 5: Bed, were waiting seductively for someone to listen to my tunes?
Speaker 2: What it is? Did you learn a song?
Speaker 3: Did you think so?
Speaker 5: I think I might have had a strum one days, then talking about the guitar, and then and then she's just been sitting in the corner.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're retired. Yeah, well, I've been talking about Greek school, and I reckon, I'm not going to last that long. Or you were sick when I was saying, when you.
Speaker 4: Remember she came in on Monday dressed like she worked in a Greek restaurant. Yes, and then Tuesday, when you're away.
Speaker 2: I'm going he goes to Grace for one week.
Speaker 5: You can go to Jim's Greek tavern.
Speaker 3: Just school. Yes, it's an education.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to Louisa. Good morning? Did you quit something?
Speaker 8: Good morning?
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 8: As part of my UNI degree, I had to study a language as my major, and I failed the first semester of Italian. So I went back to study it again and I laughed at about hour and helped out during the break and never went back.
Speaker 2: There you go. Do you think that would be me at Greek school, Luisa? Yes? Probably? Talking about languages are hard. You've got to persist clip. Yeah, I do quit things.
Speaker 3: I had a job of Channel seven. I quit halfway through. You're a cable guy.
Speaker 4: He's a cable guy at the footy halfway halfway through, so likely there's the camera guy running up and down the sideline and then behind him. I'd be rolling the cave like running with the cable. All my mates were Hammond on the hill screaming cable guy. And in the second half I was just like, what am I doing? He so I just put the cable on the ground.
Speaker 2: This is not for me.
Speaker 3: This is not for me.
Speaker 2: Halfway through the game, too much running? What were you thinking?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Lauren, you don't run.
Speaker 2: You needed one of those segues.
Speaker 3: Doing more than the bloody what's going on?
Speaker 5: You should take up the guitar. That's what you need, a guitar. I'm good if I.
Speaker 2: See Jason the guitar in his hand, singing, lad. That was just about some guys.
Speaker 3: Good courts to be played on this Right on eight o'clock are we are lying from Alburg House on the top of Mount Baller. This isn't over. You're coming with me to the half pipe today? I think yes.
Speaker 2: Then that'll be fun. That's a great thing about the snow Mount ball. It just a good family holiday.
Speaker 5: Also, did you know Mount Buller is home to the most Olympians of any country anywhere in the world. Really like Scottie James and co.
Speaker 3: Really. Yeah, we done a welfare check on fred. I remember Fred we met last year?
Speaker 5: Oh Freddie boy, he's like four hundred years old and he's the oldest skier. Dave, come on, Dave, over to the microphone.
Speaker 3: How old he's one hundred he'd be one hundred and two this year. He would be last year end of August. So there's that small window. So he's still skis, still skis.
Speaker 2: He's one hundred and one hundred and two and he's out there.
Speaker 3: We caught him out there skiing last year, skied for five there was straight so.
Speaker 2: Jay should I couldn't last more than three minutes and he's one hundred and two and he was out there for five hours with his tennis coach.
Speaker 3: He's like eighty six.
Speaker 2: So good, Jesus good.
Speaker 5: That's the key. That's the key to longevity. So get out there.
Speaker 4: Go to Alistair who was playing our five K question this morning.
Speaker 3: Hello, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: There you're going, yeah, are you feeling sharp this morning?
Speaker 3: Feeling pretty good? Love? I'm well, see how we go.
Speaker 5: He's a man, he is, he's a way alistair Stephen May. That what a joke the Tribune is.
Speaker 3: Look, the game's in trouble, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Standards got to protect the head.
Speaker 3: You got to protect you.
Speaker 14: As a father of kids who play footy, I think that the head is saying the say.
Speaker 2: So yeah, four kids, Well busy, franky Moses, you need the five thousand dollars. Are you playing for five thousand dollars today?
Speaker 3: Yes? I am okay. Question l simple.
Speaker 4: You will hear a question. You will hear a three to two one. You have to answer within that time. If you do and you get it right, five thousand bucks is yours?
Speaker 3: You ready to go?
Speaker 2: Mate?
Speaker 3: Sure? Here we go for five thousand dollars. Here comes your question.
Speaker 1: What is the character Eleven's real first name in Stranger Things three two one?
Speaker 2: Have you watch Stranger Things?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, I watch it religiously. I don't say that what Eleven? Oh God, I just I was trying to think of.
Speaker 2: Her real name is Jane Jane, although she's also known as Jane Hopper after she was adopted by Now. We were talking about quitters before and I quit Stranger Things. I watched two episodes and it was too weird for me.
Speaker 3: I was like that with Black Mirror, I couldn't do it. Black Mirror, Free Things, freak.
Speaker 2: I watched it on a plane, like I'm not coping with Twitter. You watched it. Very strange. He does what it says on the box, the Stranger Things. Let me tell you very strange things happen in the.
Speaker 3: Night.
Speaker 2: Recovering amount Buller last night, I said, I'm not going. There's no way I'm going. And what he does?
Speaker 5: I went, she was in a mood, and I mean, yeah, you care you're in a mood. Yeah, when you see her with a tray of tequila, you know.
Speaker 2: I was liddy, was having the sum of my life last night. I was in bed by midnight. You were you before you I left you in the club.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you for throwing me under the.
Speaker 2: Threw me under the snow. But Jays is very smug because he meant. He also said, just before dinner, he comes into our room and he goes, guys, I am exhausted, and I was like, what from because we drove here, you sat in your back seats. You didn't even drive, you sat in the back seat. You got here, you put your ski here on and then you said I don't want to ski and then you played pool for three hours?
Speaker 5: Was it the bakery trips that tied you out?
Speaker 3: You know the sad thing?
Speaker 4: We played pool for three only to two games with that. It took us that long to get the bloody balls in the whole.
Speaker 2: You must have been ex source. Put your feet up today.
Speaker 3: You guys want to head to Cranburr North.
Speaker 2: What's happening in Cranburn North?
Speaker 4: Jason the Popo have spotted and not normal looking car. Its a Marone BMW that was side the right. Remember in the past we've spoken about what's wrong with your car and we've got these calls.
Speaker 3: Take a listen.
Speaker 14: Basically, when you want the window down, the door just you're.
Speaker 2: Driving along, so we do windows up jobs. But the horn doesn't work.
Speaker 1: That drives me bananas.
Speaker 10: I've got table tries holding up the sunriser because otherwise just flapped down.
Speaker 8: Yeah, play for the clock and like how much picture I've got left?
Speaker 6: Doesn't work? Ulet every time I turned left the horn would go.
Speaker 2: Off every time you turn left the indicator as you turn.
Speaker 4: My personal favorite was the guy whose car wouldn't reverse, so when he would go to coals and stuff, he could only park if it was like.
Speaker 3: He could through.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: Otherwise could reverse out.
Speaker 5: It's definitely not road worthy, is it?
Speaker 3: No? And neither is this?
Speaker 4: A sixty four year old man was pulled over driving a Marone BMW.
Speaker 2: BMW sounds quite boogie though.
Speaker 4: Well, this one didn't have a bonnet, so as he was driving along there was no bonnet.
Speaker 3: The engine was.
Speaker 2: Not the injury. Geez, he had his.
Speaker 3: Engine through engine.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, no bonnet. We can all see your engine.
Speaker 5: That sounds quite you know how you get the watches that you can see the back of them.
Speaker 3: Yes, like that. So it's quite cool that that was the least.
Speaker 2: Of his You have a clear bonnet or nobody.
Speaker 3: No bonnet straight into the engine. Then when they started to inspect the car, they noticed that the front seat was missing, In fact.
Speaker 5: Sitting bending up while he was stand up driver.
Speaker 2: It was like the Flintstones car.
Speaker 3: With his little feet, he trimmed the legs down of a plastic outdoor garden chair that you would get at Bunny. The plastic furniture.
Speaker 5: He's got a cushion on it as well.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you want to be comfortable in your chair when you're driving.
Speaker 3: So he's trimmed the legs so that way the chairs.
Speaker 2: It's four plastic chairches in there with the cereals in front of it.
Speaker 4: The police are like, mate, what are you doing? He said, I was aware it is unroadworthy. I'm actually just on the way to get some parts. There's a lot of parts to pick up.
Speaker 5: Remember, don't leave that car just sitting in a heap. Come to pick apart where everything's cheap, secondhand parts to secondhand cars from a door, door wheeled from a.
Speaker 2: No, you could just go and pick apart if.
Speaker 3: You just go in.
Speaker 5: You need a bumper bar. You take a bumper bar off a card that matches yours. You need an engine, you need a bonnet for your engine. Any any part, any part, You've got to take it off. You've got to take your spanner and get the part of its records and then you yeah, sort of.
Speaker 2: I haven't sung that song in news.
Speaker 5: I can't believe we must come a door to wheel or a bumper bar how does it stuff? Don't leave that card just sitting in a heap.
Speaker 2: Come to pick apart where everything's cheap.
Speaker 5: Second hand parts, the second hand cars from a door to wheel?
Speaker 3: Should we keep? Should we just do this thing for your pick a part?
Speaker 2: What part do you?
Speaker 3: We're singing for the snow.
Speaker 4: We are live from our berg house top of Mount Buller is where we are cracking accommodation. Awesome restaurant, perfect place to stay when you ski and ski.
Speaker 2: Outre eight different rooms, lots of rooms with bunk beds, great for kids, great for families.
Speaker 3: I believe if you had an apartment, Miss Phillips.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 5: We did a three better man of the people standing us in the penthouse.
Speaker 2: That was because the penthouse room is on the third floor and could I be bothered walking up three flights of stairs and the altitude every to get up there. Clint showered in the downstairs because he couldn't be bothered walking up the stairs either.
Speaker 4: So here's the go. We have snow trips up for grabs. You can be heading up to Mount Bullet yourself. We're going to take care of a calm lift passers. Three epic days on the slopes we'll put you up at our bert house as well. All we have to do is sing for the snow Now. Last night, because I'm responsible, I went.
Speaker 2: To bed well, because you had your handbreak here Hudson, Hardi Hawkins. Now, the only reason he was a handbreak is because he wanted to go out and you did it, and you were actually a handbreak on Hudson's social life last night.
Speaker 3: I don't think he needed to go to the club.
Speaker 2: Hardy, you wanted to go to the club.
Speaker 3: Look at him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, jail, Yeah, he just said.
Speaker 3: I believe some of the amount Bulle crew were auditioning.
Speaker 2: Yes, now, there was some storming after a few chabblis last night were on the mountain. There were a couple of suggestions.
Speaker 3: Including cold player, take a listen.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, go.
Speaker 6: You home.
Speaker 5: And so okay, so it's working.
Speaker 2: Protest went between Tori from Ampulla and Clint.
Speaker 3: I thought it was good, excellent, Yeah, I were too. After do we win ninety Rose, it was day who We'll get to Dave's at the moment though, let's go to the phones. Thirteen twenty fourteen is our number if you want to sing for the snow.
Speaker 2: Roxy all right, I'm going to Roxy. Good morning.
Speaker 3: Pressures on you like.
Speaker 2: A ski trip? Roxy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you consider yourself a singer?
Speaker 10: Not really around the house and the kids have made me every day to get through.
Speaker 3: So this is your moment, Roxy, take it away.
Speaker 10: I'm working, ladies, because I'm a mama. I got three kids. I want to take some mouthful and I've never been before, don't ever really know, don't know. Let's be come shall my family?
Speaker 8: Too bad?
Speaker 10: I've never been down slow, too bad. It's gonna be free and coat. But if you never go, you'll never know.
Speaker 2: Sing it.
Speaker 3: R would be very very pleased. Do that? That that that wasn't bad?
Speaker 2: Have you had singing lessons in the past?
Speaker 3: Cards to learn?
Speaker 9: Okay, erl adventure, Roxy Traditional, hang there for a second third and twenty four ten that number if you want to see it for the snow so far you're winning Roxy because you.
Speaker 5: Were in the first thoughts. If we have another contender, joice yep from Bacchus Marsh let's get to rich.
Speaker 3: How are you guys? Now? What do you got for us? What are we? What's the song? What's the song?
Speaker 14: Well, I've been it's called take Me to Month full of Mate? So my my boyfriend got us to write this, and there he's office to say.
Speaker 5: You should sing five hundred miles.
Speaker 6: Yes, I would walk, all right, Richie, Here we go, sing for the snow brother.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 14: Take me to Mount Bullet of Mate, where the snow falls down and the views are great. I wear a me songs and my thermal best follow me bump, but I'll try me best. I'll build a snowman with a pipe face. Race the one butt in at the Boggin race.
Speaker 10: Give me that trip.
Speaker 14: I've got no clue, but I'll yell bullet from my skudo.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think we're but this is good.
Speaker 2: Second he's racing you, just the Australian National.
Speaker 3: No one gets radiant Southern second. What do we got? The seconds come on?
Speaker 14: All right, So we're gonna do But I'll yell but from my skin. Then I'll hit the slopes like a frightened roope, screaming. I think I've lost my shoes. I'll order some chips at the bar and to to we crashed with a chucky bar.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Is that the actual song that he was doing?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, he was doing original.
Speaker 5: He was doing original.
Speaker 9: One.
Speaker 5: It's catchy.
Speaker 4: Okay, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but Roxy and her version of Sabrina Carpenters started.
Speaker 2: But I like when Roxie said, I'm working late because I'm a mother.
Speaker 3: Thirteen four Jen is our number.
Speaker 4: We will take a couple more calls and offload another snow trip on the other side of this here at night.
Speaker 3: Well, good morning Melbourne.
Speaker 4: We are live from our berg House top of Mount Buller this morning, says a little puppy dog out there on the.
Speaker 2: Slope, puppy dog run. Now they love it, the dogs do they.
Speaker 5: Now imagine can you pull me along? They're there while you're away. We made an executive decision that Rich is our current leader clubhouse leader. I thought the originality needed to be a reward.
Speaker 2: Of sheesused for Roxy.
Speaker 3: Well, executive decision.
Speaker 5: Originality wins at this stage.
Speaker 4: At this stage, okay, so we are doing sing for the Snow over the next two weeks.
Speaker 3: We've got trips to the snow up for g at this point.
Speaker 4: Your chance to go to Mount Buller will put you up in style at our berg house, will take your a left passes gear high you name it and.
Speaker 2: What you've got to do to win. That is seeing for us about why you want to come to the snow.
Speaker 3: Okay, Riches our current winner. Can we play just a very very small snippet? Okay, No, I.
Speaker 2: Didn't think you wanted to trust it produce because there is a very last minute call. We don't have Rich just yet. It's on the way, but if you want we can hear roxy.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, all.
Speaker 2: Right, moving on, Let's go to some more calls and then we might get Rich back on if he wins over all? All right, who wants to sing for their snow trip? Michelle in Essendon does, good morning, warning.
Speaker 7: I guess I've got my three boys at the time to win.
Speaker 2: Okay. Have you been inspired by a famous song? Or is it an o Rich?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 7: Famous songs? Ordinary?
Speaker 2: All right, Alex.
Speaker 3: Warren, okay, take it away. It is over to you.
Speaker 8: Thank you, all right?
Speaker 7: Please take me out a gloomy now then I want to be getting to my legs, a dead and buried stanging on the man. Everyone's le's my god?
Speaker 5: Pretty good, not bad, not bad?
Speaker 7: Let's okay.
Speaker 3: He moved to.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with you? Well, let's fade her. She was singing the second.
Speaker 5: Verse, You're like Simon cow buddy grumpy.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've got two extremes here. You're hitting the golden buzzer. You're being a fun you hit everyone.
Speaker 3: That's a good point. I'm like, Mark Holden, let's.
Speaker 2: Go to a touchdown, clim touch Hey, Michelle, I loved your version of the ordinary.
Speaker 3: Cancel Mark colms no, no no.
Speaker 2: But I saw him on a plane. Well he's a lie and I said hello to him like we were friends, and he just looked at me like who are you? And then he sat down. I was like, oh my god, it's Mark Holden from a strain idol and I've just said hello like we're friends.
Speaker 3: Probably never met.
Speaker 5: He thought you were cossamer dividock.
Speaker 2: Can I've gotten war?
Speaker 3: Jesus Fiona in Sandy, it is over to you. You're doing the Aussie anthem.
Speaker 6: All right, we'll take it away the caveat This was supposed to be sung with my kids, but I had to drop them to school, so now.
Speaker 2: It's just me, so she doesn't have the choir with it.
Speaker 6: Solo all right, We're heading up through Mount Bula Tiski and slide and play with Noverer one hundred Bye thout side where snow bound all the way we packed Dubby his gloves and boots and race to win this prize. Since you've never seen the snow before, it'll be magic in their eyes.
Speaker 3: That's come on?
Speaker 13: What about that?
Speaker 2: The official anthem of Mount Buller. I can see all the ski is lined up before they do downhill.
Speaker 4: See if you think Rich is better than that, I swear to God, Clint, I'll push you off the mountain.
Speaker 2: Is the front runner, Fiona?
Speaker 3: You are the front runner?
Speaker 2: Hang on, he hasn't voted yet. Come on, Mark Holden, was it a touchdowns?
Speaker 3: I'm still with Rich? Oh God, what do you still have it from last nights? Originality for me?
Speaker 2: Give us a bit of riches. No, it doesn't even remember.
Speaker 3: Emma in Turkey? All right, this is yours to take out or Fiona wins the trip. Emma, what's on you're doing?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 3: Baby? Oh? Okay, all right when you're ready?
Speaker 6: All right, hey, ma'am, pull up.
Speaker 14: I want to skid and drink pinot.
Speaker 7: Everybody.
Speaker 5: I want to ski.
Speaker 14: I drink pino?
Speaker 2: Whoa, Emma and Emma?
Speaker 3: I'm calling it trips yours?
Speaker 6: Rich?
Speaker 3: Can we give Rich a prize? Rich?
Speaker 2: Emma you're getting a trip to Mount Buller.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Joy I love the national anthem.
Speaker 3: It was very good. You are scored the winter Escape.
Speaker 4: This is incredible skiing, ski out, accommodation at Albert House, plus live passes, gear high, three epic days on the slopes.
Speaker 13: Congratulations, thank you, sorry much, guys, love you all.
Speaker 3: You're the best.
Speaker 2: Take us to the breaking it's this hey, ma'am Buller.
Speaker 14: I want to go to the snow and drink pino.
Speaker 3: We are alyve from Olberg House top of Mount Buller is where we are the pancakes.
Speaker 2: Jason's just done round.
Speaker 3: I knew as soon as that craft.
Speaker 2: I was like, Jason's just done round four of the breakfast buffet here at Albert House in Mountain Buller. And he's gone the pancake machine now clipped. We're over there and I was watching it and he goes, how good is this? Right? Liking his pancake machine and he's sitting there and it's one of those ones. He's push the button and the pancake out and he goes, I've been think him, and what have you been thinking about?
Speaker 5: Here we go, He goes, I don't think.
Speaker 2: I think They've deliberately put the setting to make small pancakes, so he's trying to tap into the reach it. You're trying to read tune it to make bigger pancakes for the big boy only. Ever, this is when I'm here and he's pulled the panels down the menu button. He's like, as soon as this little pancakes made, I'm tapping into this and I'm going to be the hero of the mountain and make everyone large pancakes.
Speaker 5: He also made the statement, I'm going to buy one of these for us show.
Speaker 2: It was like menta. We stood over there discussing what else could you put in this machine, and we mixed some eggs up we could put them in, and I reckon it had come out like a beautiful flat omelet.
Speaker 5: You could become an expert in the pancake machine.
Speaker 2: So we should get one for the office.
Speaker 3: If you too would like to experience the pancake machine, make sure you get along to Alberta House. Top of them out Buller.
Speaker 2: It's amazing up here and a huge thanks to the team at here this morning, an amazing dinner last night, the team at Mount Buller, thank you so much. This is absolutely the place to stay on the mountain. It's skiing ski out, great for families, great for first time is great for expert skiers. It's a beautiful spot. There's heaps of snow coming this weekend.
Speaker 3: There's such a responsible crew. Just like last year. Dave and the crew were in bed by ten o'clock in case night, So you know.
Speaker 5: Gee, there's some good skis out there today.
Speaker 3: Have a look at them. Where do you see me? Are you going back to Bogany? Don't forget we have more snow trips up for grabs over the next two weeks, so just keep it locked on Nova Meltraciners in next Thanks very much for joining us. Goodbye for the top of mountbour tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Rye Lauren Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials.