Speaker 1: No more footy free weekends for the foreseeable future. That means where all systems go in the Phantom's Lair. This is, of course the Phantoms speaking in twenty twenty five will be back every Monday. All your favorites will be on the Phantoms there in twenty twenty five, sub scrubs, Spotify, Apple, wherever you listen to your podcast, and of course this year for the first time, the all new look on Code Sports YouTube. Watch the show every week with us. It is looking a little bit different this week, but we do have a big show. The footy is back, as I said, practice matches in full swing. The Chief is here, Hayden dos Kenny, welcome back. You've brought a friend, one of your men from the ground. You always refer to him. You're almost your secret whisper that making you look good on the show.
Speaker 2: You've brought him in.
Speaker 3: I have, Yes, we've had him once on the show already coming into the leb, but not the official lair, not with you know, the Phantom back on deck. So we've got Jordan Desenna here. Walk us through your credentials, mate, because you have had a couple of top finishes. You're a regular in the Super Coach high rankings and also dare I say a little bit of a nuffie, a little bit of a port Adelaide nuffy as well on the track watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good to be back, boys, thanks for having me. Yeah, love and obviously yeah down at port training the last probably four weeks, I think, so down there, Dossi, which was awesome, busy and yeah, I mean tweeting a few notes out, but yeah, a couple of high finishes. I guess twenty twenty twenty three was eleven and last year was two ninety eight, so hopefully you can try and get another top five hundred finish. But yeah, can you get stuck in and talk about some of these players putting their hands up in our sides?
Speaker 1: Impressive numbers. You'll probably never ever see, Dossi what we've seen so far, but there's always another season. But are you in our league, Dossie? We do have a bit of a phantoms lair league for the Listener's a bit of an open league.
Speaker 2: What can you tell us?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I'm even going to drop the code just here live on air and then everyone can check the description if you so choose. But we haven't dropped this anyway yet yep.
Speaker 1: So if you are listening Code Sports YouTube and have a look now Code on your screen.
Speaker 3: I'll also say it though, yep. Seven one nine zero six seven. We just want to know who the real LAIR fans are before we post this anywhere else. Fans, But seven to one nine zero six seven. Jordie's going to jump in straight after. He's a big fan of the Lair definitely, But come in join the open league. Take on the likes of the Phantom, Phantom Junior. We'll get Jordan de Center in there as well, and the likes of five Names and all your favorite Lair members.
Speaker 1: Now Five Names, Simeon Kingsley, Thomas Wilson isn't here today. We are going to catch up with him though he's been across the beat as he always has been. Knows what's going on down at West Lakes with the Crows.
Speaker 2: Matt Turner. Hipster will be in that league. Haven't in for a while now.
Speaker 1: Five Names worked up a forty love first set. First game of the first set against Hipster is well and truly in front of that now. We haven't seen Hipster for four weeks now, so time is ticking but we hopefully again we'll see him on the lair in twenty twenty five. But before we starts now we know our friends listen to this show across the border over in Melbourne. Got a few texts after last week's show, didn't mind the old chief nickname.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I copped a few in the in the DMS this week. Yeah from one Dan Batton. Yep, given it to me in the chat.
Speaker 1: Got one message yesterday okay saying can you please tell the Chief stop copying me? The Chief referred to you as the Chief.
Speaker 2: Stop it copying? Yep.
Speaker 1: Your social media on x at hktos Okay. Your overreactions, you're overreacting man from there with some Tim Mitchell thinks you're copying him and even said Dossie the Chief at least pick someone funny if you're going to copy someone.
Speaker 2: Who's this in reference to specifically?
Speaker 1: What have been one of your Who did you tweet about with the picture of the.
Speaker 3: There was a few tweets and I want to talk about that right now. Fans, our overreactions from the trial matches your specialty, absolutely love and overreaction. Who did we overreact to on the weekend? Who's come into your team out of nowhere that wasn't in there before.
Speaker 2: Jordy, you kick us off. Oh I love Riley Sanders sixteen cbas. I'm just I'm locking him in at the moment.
Speaker 1: Now you had a few, Dossie, what was your biggest one? Will day for me?
Speaker 3: Looking at him cruising out there for the Hawks.
Speaker 2: He dominated on the weekend.
Speaker 3: I've also got SDK Sam to Conning, He's coming in of the ruck, James Cecily. Who else have I got Riley Sanders? He will come into my team as well. Harley Reid didn't play, but easy in as well.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: I've got Mitch Nevert solidified him on the bench. That's it. Though cannot overreact.
Speaker 1: He cannot bring someone in from nowhere after a game for nothing, a practice match, unofficial practice match, at least wait for two. I haven't changed my team. If you have listened to the phantoms there before, I don't change my team a lot over the preseason. We need to see a bit more, a lot of mid price, a lot of guys we haven't seen do it before. Yes, you can take a little bit out of it. Don't bring in someone from nowhere yet, It's only one game. Okay, we are going to dive into all the numbers and all the games and all the actions so far it's Tuesday here, but first we are going to cross to our men.
Speaker 2: Couldn't quite make it in there.
Speaker 1: He is a busy man, I have been told also just you know, haven't seen him for a couple of days. Just they might have enjoyed himself a little bit too much at Livgulf DOSSI. But five Names a couple of days before that, Simmy and Kingsley Thomas Wilson, the man on the beat in Adelaide, has been all over the Crows at the internal trial last weekend. Five Names, Welcome to the lair on call. Sid Drap wrote the story this morning. You wrote him off a couple of weeks ago, but you're writing him back on.
Speaker 4: Yes and no, Hello, Fantom, Hello everybody, Yes, no ya. The phone unfortuate shouldn't be there today, as he said, Yeah, I did go to the poor period up and back in the day. So the things I do for you guys and the fans very good to see what's happening in the Crow's internal trial, Sid Draper, yeap, Yes, well, Teds normally does have a good idea. He went on radio and said that he reckons Draper is a pretty good chance for round one, staying to soften my softened a little bit, but I remember one big tap on here Phantom yep and dossin everyone. I wouldn't be I hate it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's a stub.
Speaker 2: That is very Matthew Nicks. That was going to be my question about Draper, just whether he's that best twenty two and if he's a sup or that he's him back in.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, I reckon again like he was in the A's on the internal the internal trial, but is that ranking was with the Indigenous All Stars, So that's the big thing. And I just reckon with his speed, his acceleration from a stoppage. He's an ideal sub.
Speaker 5: For the Tros to begin the season with.
Speaker 2: Well that's for us.
Speaker 3: It's an interesting one here. We'll have to keep an eye that a popular rookie option for us all sim but five names. I want to ask you about a guy that I've been keeping a real close eye on. First in the premium bracket, really big on Jordan Dawson, the Skipper.
Speaker 2: How did he go in the trial.
Speaker 4: Yep, good played midfield, did DAWs and things.
Speaker 1: That was a concern, wasn't it where we'd play playing midfield. I still have the concern though, he's just so valuable to Matthew Nicks everywhere. He's probably going to want to start in the midfield. Does that mean he's going to move him around though when he's needed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's proper that that very well would happen. And again again with Draper with almost everything, you're another cavea that rankin wasn't there, so see how ranking kind of comes in. But Dawson did start first and a bounds. I reckon, Yeah, I reckon. He's think he's the only thing now he's probably don't play more midfield than anything else.
Speaker 3: Now we have a super coach guru with us today in Jordan. Jordan, is there any players here you want to ask him about and get the intel from up and port period in that intra club.
Speaker 2: Yes, Well, James Petling is sitting in my team currently at M five, so I've put him there at M five. Just wondering on his role. I know there has been a bit of talk about him on the wing or maybe half forward. Was he playing inside mid?
Speaker 5: He was around the ball, around the ball, just not even near the wing.
Speaker 4: He was an electric She's he's someone I reckon you should feel very confident about locking in now. I guess again, maybe see what happens in the two practice matches, but other the two yeah, preseason matches.
Speaker 5: But yeah, he was around the ball, his speed.
Speaker 4: He was getting a lot of footy him actually more select went to the winging at times, even though Celia was racking up the ball in the first quarter, so Lego went to the wing in more in the second, a bit more, but it was still kind of coming in and adding an extra manners of the stoppage. So yeah, I said, Peteling was a lot more on the ball, not really half forward, not really on the wing. Did us Niets about it after the game, and he said, ideally they will get what they do want to get peeling around the ball, but it could be a week to eak themes. But at the moment, I reckon that price is pretty almost a lot.
Speaker 2: That's what we want to hear. Five names. That's the intel we got you on for.
Speaker 1: But Dan Kurtin, you've been riding on Code sports dot com DOTU for a while now about how the crows Ford line might look in twenty twenty five with an extra tool including Dan Curtain. Is that what you saw on Friday?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that he was impressive, Dan like he's a he's a big boy. He's ad it added some size to him, but he's still very good on when the ball goes to ground.
Speaker 5: He was still played mainly.
Speaker 4: Forward, so they're looking at that four tools for interesting At times he did line up on a wing.
Speaker 5: That's some sent about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess when they were resuming the game, all that kind of kind of stuff. So that I reckon his role maybe more forward a couple of times on the wing.
Speaker 5: The other thing was to watch that coming.
Speaker 4: He started on the wing, but when MATTX Michael Lannie went down with his dissipated thumb, he was more in defense after that.
Speaker 3: That is a juicy developments. Maxing down for Round one.
Speaker 5: I reckon he's on track to play Round one.
Speaker 4: The throw said today he'll miss the two preseason games, but he's aiming for Round one, so I think he's going to return for that.
Speaker 5: That's Michael Laney.
Speaker 4: I'll just say that when we did he only played probably about I don't know.
Speaker 5: Eight minal was a lot of minutes. He had about a couple of times where he was streaming forward.
Speaker 4: To being providing attack off half back, which we haven't seen from him, but that could be.
Speaker 5: That could be the next evolution in Mike clanning people.
Speaker 2: We like it.
Speaker 1: Five names all over it. You are, of course, see all of Simeon Thomas Wilson. We call him by his real name for once, code sports dot com dot au for all things crows and I say footyball. Finish off with one last question, one word answer from you five names. Did you pay for anything that live golf on Sunday? Yes, so wouldn't have been much.
Speaker 2: Very good.
Speaker 1: We'll see you back here on the lair next week and of course at Simeon Underscore tw on X to follow our man five names.
Speaker 5: Just one thing? Sorry was hipster?
Speaker 2: Well, good question.
Speaker 1: We've just we spoke about the top of the show that you've definitely won the first game you will and truly into the second and third game as well in that theoretical tennis match. But we haven't seen him, so left right, good Night's growing legs every week.
Speaker 5: Go well we might you never know. We might, we might not. Who knows?
Speaker 2: See five Names? All right?
Speaker 3: Great intel from five Names there at the Crow's trial game live in person. Look, you might have seen a bit of a live stream on the weekend. Bit choppy though, dare I say so? Good thing that Five's name was there on the ground for us getting that intel. Should we move on to the next game, fans.
Speaker 2: We should? We had some actual competition.
Speaker 3: We did so, the indigenous All Stars as alluded to by five Names versus Freemantle, and I think we need to kick it off with a favorite of the lair fans and a new sting for the show in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: We love it, the Horny One.
Speaker 1: We have to start at the top as well, with the biggest issue, the whole super Coach community.
Speaker 2: How man our Peyton again?
Speaker 1: Geordy's shaking her even he knows yep now ours covered off every game all this key start. You need to know codesports dot com dot you super Coach super Coach match my match Intel. I'll read you one line here on JASONR. Francis does he okays, still not in my team, but that decision is looking shaky by the minute.
Speaker 2: Still not in his team?
Speaker 1: What did he score one hundred and thirty two super coach points?
Speaker 2: What else can we what else can you do with that? It's I mean, what did you did you get to catch the game? Jordan?
Speaker 3: Like I was impressed, started on the bench, I think as well, so came off and lit the crowd alight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean more. France has been in my team since the team picker open. He hasn't left that f one spot. Been pretty excited about him. One hundred and thirty two points. Did have the three goals, but only seventeen disposals, Like I feel like that can get in the height like twenties twenty fives, you know, a goal or two. Still got the one thirty two super Coach. He's just that perfect contested player that gets like scoring just is great for him. And yeah, he just hasn't left my side. I understand there's you know, you've got some your butters and Rosie. We're taking some points there potentially, But I still think as a forward he is going to be one of our top guys. And I'm just I'm locking him in. There's nothing to understand.
Speaker 3: We've got the portrait on the wall for a reason. The horny one. He's Alair mascot this year. I'd almost suggest fans, yeah, he's locked in. There was a couple of other performances though, maybe you know, got coaches thinking out their Jay Simpkin four one hundred and twenty nine k forward mid playing a lot of midfield, thirty disposals, ten clearance is a goal and one hundred and fifty four super coach points. One of the rare games that we did get some Champion Data stats on and it was good to see that one fifty though. He was the top scorer of Jay Simpkin Any interest fans, no, none.
Speaker 2: Three percent owned too high. He was good.
Speaker 1: He was good on the weekend. I've seen him being quite not so good performed.
Speaker 3: He was an option late last year though, coming into a few teams when he switched it around, had his midfield time back was sort of stuck forward from memory early last year. So some interest perhaps from Jordan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that back half of last year got a little bit more CBA's which is awesome to see. Again, it's just be good to see one of these North Melbourne match sims to actually see that mix. Obviously have a lost award law yep. So there could be a bit of time. There's obviously there's a bit of talk about Parker there so be good to see. But to see him fit and firing is good science. Well, they're the key things to take care of it.
Speaker 1: Because Frio coach justin Long we were did say after the game that Freer weren't giving much away, that took it pretty easy. They weren't trying to put in place what they've been preparing for for the season. Justin Long we openly admitted that, so didn't say they were going easy. They definitely weren't. Yeah, beforea that we're going to see in twenty twenty five, so we have to sort of think about that sort of thing. In all the games we know you look for different parts, and I think the role fit moving well is a tick for him, but I can't go there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll have to see how he goes in the North. Melbourne actual matched him coming up as well with their proper team. A couple of names though that we can take a bit of solace in performing well. Brayshaw and Sorong just doing what we know that they can do. Both I think so so wrong one hundred Brayshaw ninety nine. You know, as you say, you're sort of not foot not completely on the pedal in this one as well, So very happy with that.
Speaker 2: If you were locking them in, you wouldn't do you know, you wouldn't be changing your plans. YEP.
Speaker 3: A couple of other names though that brought got brought to our attention on the weekend. I would say more so than ever before, because it wasn't really highly owned this guy heading into the weekend Nathan O. Driscoll, very high priced rookie bracket, so up near two hundred k.
Speaker 2: You've got to pay for this guy, Bud. He was looking good.
Speaker 3: Eighteen disposals, ten marks, six tackles on a wing, one hundred and four super coach points, couple of cbas I think as well in there. So I just don't know about paying up for a wingman if he's going to get that role, and even if he can retain that role throughout the season.
Speaker 2: But your thoughts fans well.
Speaker 1: In Code Sports Rookie Bible, Dan Batton and I did cover him off early in the preseason because he finished it was big in the waffle. This is the kid that came in I think if it wasn't his debut. It was his second game scored a super coach Ton when he made his debut a couple of years ago, had some injury issues. Last seven games in the Waffle last season six super coach Tons one hundred and thirty points tween nine disposed to finish off in the Grand Final as well, so a big finish in the state league.
Speaker 2: So I don't mind it.
Speaker 1: I'd want to see, yes, how he fits in exactly with everyone there and the proper Frio structure that well game plan that long alluding to. But we've spoken about paying up for the rookies this year. I think he fits into that bracket if he is injury free. He has been there before, unlike the draft d's, so I don't mind it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: On Noddy, big fan, big plat person in the super coach community. Damo was a on the podcast earlier this pre season. He's been shouting his name from the mountaintops as a Freemantle fan, and now he'll probably be wanting to shout that a little bit quieter because I think his ownership is going to jump quite a bit after the weekend. Just a couple more names to wrap things up for this game. Reedy in the rack thoughts Jordy on running him as maybe your second ruck bench ruck or even in the flex position as a what's he's only in the one fifty cave thirty two?
Speaker 2: I think do you think for me originally with Darcy being a couple of weeks is what it was coming out of there, But I think Darcy is now US five to seven. I think was the new Shawan Darcy. So if Redy can get five for six games and you're going to get that price rise, he probably is starting to tempt me as an option scoring wise. Yeah, obviously got the fifty five, but see if we can get a price rise, there probably one that we should actually consider at his price tag. So I guess as the preseason goes on, we'll see if we get these guys like Boyd and Archer Reed and these types, and whether just how he structure up on that fleex and three position a little bit of interest, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, talking about no overactions fans ready was another one that maybe he's way into my team.
Speaker 2: He was in there before.
Speaker 3: Actually, I just think if you've got the Rucks and they're actually playing, even if it's for a short period of time, as you said, I think, yeah, Sawan Darcy's somewhere in that round three to five or I think it was three to five range, So that makes it a bit tricky if he's coming back fans, But what do you think.
Speaker 1: Diiffern question as well. Luk Jackson scored a super coach points. If he plays as a number one man, or at least without Darcy for five weeks, that get you off to a big start. We know how big he can go. Looks good. It looks like.
Speaker 3: Reedy's just been in the plans all preseason for the Dockers like to bring him in and let Luke Jackson because they're sick of being like, Okay, Luke Jackson, you're going to play this role. And then all of a sudden, Seann Darcy goes down yet again, and then they have to be like, oh, let's you know change he's been training not as a pure ruck all preseason, and then to throw it to him again. I think they're going to go with Reedy, But as you said, if Jackson is solo round one, it'd be hard to pass up a run of you know, whether it's three, five, six, how many rounds it takes for Darcy to get back. We know how good he can be.
Speaker 1: Sure they're better side with Luke Jackson in the ruck now Harasthmus quickly seventy four super Coach points him thirteen cbas as well in the nod bracket in terms of rookies, a cheaper rookie though we've beat his drums a lot here on the show. Some good signs the seventh top score, so he was number seven for super Coach point for the Dockers on the weekend.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen an update on Wangane Miller, but had the injury tag next to him on the AFL APP hoping that is just a cramp or something like that. I didn't catch what was that, So keep your eye out on some news on wanganeen Miller as well. Hopefully, as we said, nothing major there and we can keep tracking there. He scored a sixty odd but had very low time on ground onto the North Melbourne internal trial. Some standout names Harry Shecheezel best on ground playing mid as expected. I mean, I've he's been in my team a lot of the preseason, but recently I've been trying to be a bit fancy and go against him. He's straight back in now for me, Jordan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same, He's one of those guys that hasn't actually left my side since the team picker. I think just that d One, I just I love having him there, just sitting there, just very solid. I even think, yeah, if it's that mid forward, I still think he's going to score unreal. So he is locked in for me and yeah, great to see you as best on ground.
Speaker 3: A few other really super coach relevant names to talk about in this one. Fans Caleb Daniel dominating half back as predicted.
Speaker 2: Mkircher.
Speaker 1: Just let me ask you though, if the report was Cave Daniel couldn't get a kick, would you take him out of your team?
Speaker 3: Well maybe, like if you can't get a kick in an internal trising the worst part of North Melbourne can't overact Daniel. Mckirch is the one that's interesting though, because you know, there was a lot of clips that we saw from that game of him dominating, disposing of the ball, fantastic butar wing forward as was flagged last week when we were talking about them about defenders, He's not going to be playing defense as far as we know at the moment it is still pre season, but as far as we know that he's not in that defensive role. He is in a wing forward role. Are you still interested in him as a bargain price player.
Speaker 2: I've actually had SDK there as a D three and I've just upgraded him today. It's mccircher. Now, wow, I know it's not a half back role, but I just saw some footage rolling three of him looking like Eryl Goulden. I don't know whether or that was who that was coming from, but it just looked awesome and you can see what Errol do can do on the wing. Yeah, I've actually just upgraded him with my D three positions, so maybe that isn't overreaction, but I do like him. No reaction. I already knows what he's talking about.
Speaker 1: I've put him into the break act and I think we spoken about this a couple of shows ago.
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: I think it's gonna be like Harry She's I said it with Harry Scheer last year. I've said it with the co mkirche started a pre season. This kid's just a good player, a great player.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: He doesn't need he doesn't need to play across half back and get easy footy, just like Harry she was even, so I think we're going to learn similar again in the show. Does Jordi mentioned there what he can do? He's better for North, for up the ground like Harry Cheezel. He's going to show that he can score without that easy role.
Speaker 3: Well, you mentioned Eryl Goulden and Dossy's coming with a few little nuggets of stats.
Speaker 2: Yeah for the boys.
Speaker 3: But if he is playing wing, yeah, I know it's probably likely a bit of a mixture, maybe a little bit of inside, maybe even floating back sometimes.
Speaker 2: We don't know yet. It's so early.
Speaker 3: But the only wing classified by Champion Daughter as a wingman too average over one hundred last year was Eryl Gouldon. Only two other wings averaged over ninety. He's priced at eighty eight, so he's going to have to be one of the top three averaging wings in the competition to outperform his price.
Speaker 2: Does it change your mind on Mkircher? I think he can do it. Me too, not convinced. Who are the other two?
Speaker 1: Is a hefty prie to pay? Well, I have a competition now, we thought we're going to give us a competition. The other two England average over ninety Josh Dekos and Blake Acres.
Speaker 2: I think if Kangaroos are going to win more games, hopefully he's going to have and like you said, that impact ford them the ball. I'm hoping that that's going to push those extra points there. And yeah, I mean that video I saw it just looked so good. So I just had to had to put him in. But he is at a.
Speaker 1: Price where you don't have to start him. He's not going to get away from you as such.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's probably where I land just because you know, an eighty eight price tag. He a lot of those scores where he dominated last year were in that half back role where he would just put up monster ceiling scores and we're expecting, you know, Caleb Daniel to be in that role this year. So that's that's just where I'm landing. I think I'll wait and see. I'm the kircher. But he's a he's a young gun of the competition. I'm not saying he's not going to have a great year. I just wonder whether that price points a bit tough some other players just gaining a bit of by We'll just go through these guys quickly, Luke Parker, your thoughts, Jordan, because We've had a few thoughts on Luke Parker on this podcast and on the Forward podcast that the Melbourne Guys did last week. They had some interesting thoughts on Luke Parker. It was also abs Magic, so from the Scodfather himself, Oh my god, thinking that, look, they're going to need that bigger body to go in there with some of these young midfielders, and he was pretty high on Luke Parker as well as as was the Melbourne Crow.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, I think he's definite gonna play midfield. He's going to split mid ford. I'm pretty sure he's come out and said that he's going to pay some forward time. I just wonder like their midfield does have a bit of depth, and it's just can you push some of those other guys that we've got there as a top six forward. For me, He's probably just going to be something that I'm going to wait on and see, I think in season and if I need to trade into someone like that, I will, I think, just to start with him, I think I'm going to go with the pack on the other popular guys. Yeah, I just think it might be hard for him to break into that top six forward category with the other names that we've got, but one to watch. Obviously, no simp can on the weekend as well. Wardlaw is out, but I think Tom Power is actually the guy that they're going to use as that sort of fix it with Wardlaw out and obviously how the other names Elder You and Cheesel. I think we might see Tom Power actually take a bit of mid time as well.
Speaker 1: We did close last episode doss He with a bit of Tom Power action as well. We spoke about it more in the draft conversation, but North have been pumping up. We know he's a big supercoat, Scread's best as well, has got the game for it and might now have the body physically be ready to do it.
Speaker 3: There wasn't too much groundbreaking stuff though, other than you know, stuff we maybe already knew from the intra club there.
Speaker 2: Cherry just was arrested as well.
Speaker 3: Played a little bit, and as you say, no overreactions, so we can pick and choose what we can and can't overreact to him just getting rested.
Speaker 2: Duck, I'm not going to react to that at all, So move on to anyway, can look good playing against their teammates Western Bulldogs versus Essen. The game back to the games.
Speaker 3: Back to the real stuff here now, just a reminder on who was out of this game. Dogs were missing the Bond, a few other names made mainly Tom Libertorio is probably the other one. So two of their main stays in the midfield.
Speaker 2: Will just mention.
Speaker 3: Darcy Parish as well was out for the Dons, but he is going to miss round one as far as we know. So there is a couple of major missing components of the midfield.
Speaker 2: But Elijah sadis one hundred and ninety one k fans.
Speaker 3: I think we've been talking, We've been talking about for a while now, but he's a well known he's well known in the super coach community as a guy that could take that.
Speaker 1: Step another tick for him in terms of making his way into our starting teams. Still a big wash to what happens the rest of the preseason, but shown again he can win the ball on the outside, kicking played up a little bit which we've discussed as well, but definitely very versatile in the roles he can play there through the midfield and I think if he gets to go the amount of footy he can win. If he's just get the backing of Brad Scott to go out there and win the footy in that midfield, then then we have to pick him. But not going to make that call until we see the next game.
Speaker 3: Now, Riley Sanders, you mentioned off the top you're impressed with his game cheap in our forward line three hundred and thirty nine K. He's been the buzz of the super coach community the last couple of weeks, but we got to see him in action against the Dons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had seventy three percent CBA is the most out of the dogs. And I don't know if you saw, but last week there was an article on AFL dot com dot you and it was about his dire and he's living with Cha Law now and all the professionalism that he's taken out of last year and also getting dry and just he just seems like like he's going to take his game to another level. And then obviously now we have that injury news about tra Law missing with his calf. I just feel like he's going to take that role. And we still don't know what's happening with liber obviously he was missing as well. I just feel like it might be BoNT Richard's and Santa is in Kennedy as the third and fourth. Obviously, if Lib's there, he'll probably get some time. So that's probably your five guys. And I just think he's gonna, you know, at his price, I think he's a really good option, and I'm pretty keen on him. And he's obviously, you know, as a junior, you know, got a lot of pedigree, and I'm pretty hot on him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seventy three per center bouncers just on start, I said eighty six percent of the Bomber Center bouncers. But Riley Sanders isn't someone that needs that figure to score.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, so don't you We're not we're not overreacting with that seventy three percent because we know we know liber is not there. You're saying you think he can still.
Speaker 1: If he's the fifth formast, if he's the guy, yeah, few, And then given the way he wins the foot, he's a bull magnet around the ground too, so he's not pigeonholed into a role. He's still sort of us as attacking player. And then gets his parts in the in the mitery, in that center bounced rotation. Then might be enough at three thirty nine. Okay, he's a fools gold. I think it could be. Definitely could be.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Probably the only thing is the bevo like just it could be subbed, sub those things. Role just you just want to make sure. But if he's there and he's in that rotation, I can't see why I won't be picking him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was that game last year where he subbed at halftime when I think he was dominating up in the world. In our view, he was dominating up until that point. I just want to talk about a man that you brought to the table very early on this show. I think that was the one you missed fans and you were saying you were hot on Ed Richards back then, and all we've seen so far is amazing things from the man.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm a big Ed Richards man. I think. Yeah, just the back end of the last year, he went at one O four I think it was, and I just I feel like he can at least do that this year. And I think, yeah, it was mentioned that usually takes these guys a year like sort of in the midfield, just to work out that craft. And now he's had a full preseason. I saw an article come out and he said that a full preseason in the tridfield. He knows his role now, like I guess last year had a bit of defense and mid and then now he's focused on that role. I think he's going to be the number two guy behind Bond, and I can see him going, yeah, I can see sort of ten points I'm going to upside there from his price. So yeah, I just yeah, a big, big Ed Richards fan and going to be a point of difference.
Speaker 3: I'd still suggest for this season given his prices ninety eight, it's it's kind of that awkward price bracket. I don't think the masses are going to jump on especially given this one.
Speaker 2: You know, no Bond, no Libber.
Speaker 3: We'll see what happens before we get to see them in round one, but I'd suggest he's still going to be a point of difference heading into round one. He's currently in my team as well.
Speaker 2: Fans three owned.
Speaker 1: Speaking of low owned, what about our old man, his man bears Man at Bear Tourists. Now it's been coming soon on him.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 1: Joel Frazier, Yes four roundred and seventy k defender had it on a string across half back for the Dogs did show some good signs when he played last year, Like Bear said he would, we need to see more awkward price. But there's one to add to the watch list. I thought we saw I do like Joel Frayer. I just wish he was just a little bit cheaper.
Speaker 2: I think he's in that awkward bracket where he could be a great D five, D six if he's just a little bit cheaper.
Speaker 3: But the player I didn't mention Bailey Dale. I don't think he was out there either, so just one to watch. He was mopping up back there, but you know it was Rory Lobb was getting a fair bit of it back there and Fraser So.
Speaker 1: Cody Weightman won't be out there for a while either, we learned this week as well, which you know brings the mature a to Sam Davison from the VFL, who was probably in the frame already for early season debut, now even more so given Weightman won't be there and therefore Low we know Jamari Hukahagen are still doubts over when he will be available. So Sam Davidson one hundred and thirteen k Ford looking like a good one for the bench. You know it might not be a huge screwreok, No, it looks okay, but he's he going to get off the footy. But again only takes a couple of games good game as a Ford for his price to shoot up, So good bench option looming there.
Speaker 2: Fraser won the time troll too other dogs.
Speaker 3: I am you know what, He's a guy that I would love to I'd love to start as a pod attis at Bettorius shout out just a couple more names here from this game now our Peyton. He did put it in his wrap up. As we've mentioned up on Code Sports, he was talking about Dylan Shield four hundred and thirteen k. He's playing off halfback is the big thing. I could never go there. The body is just too much of an issue for me. But he could be especially in draft. He's one that's clearly having a role change. He's going back on that half back flank and he's going to be, you know, going to outperform his price, I think. But way too risky I think for me.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: But then there was a couple of rookies Isaac Kaco. I think he's going to just have job security, oodles of job security, whether or not he can score. We know small forwards aren't the greatest scorers, but his job security is going to be through the roof. Might be worth paying up a little bit extra for that.
Speaker 2: He might be talking about in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Could be the Joe Berry versus Isaac Coco, similar price, small forwards their clubs who should play and they've got plenty of tricks. Yeap might be one of the other given their price, But I reckon that's a conversation.
Speaker 2: We'll have to have a great thing about CaCO is we get to see him in opening rounds. So if he's putting up a score there, I think that might help our decision. If if it's a low one, then as you said, it could be okay, let's give Joe Berry a crack here. So that's great to get that opening round score.
Speaker 1: We saw Braden Crossley as well former son play in the ruck for the Dogs teimming. They spent a bit of time Ford but the story come through a cross our desk a little bit earlier from John ralfhamanover at The Herald. Son said it's probably not match fit yet and would unlike be unlikely to play around one even if he was elevated onto the list, and he is the favorite now to get that spot, but still, given he hasn't done a four pre season for a while, might will not be ready to come in and play. So again, announcement from the dogs on him would be look like good super coach news, but maybe not right away.
Speaker 3: Good to know and sad El Hawali that was how the pronunciation was on the broadcast as far as I know, one hundred and nineteen point nine K did a little bit, but I probably think coaches were hoping he'd pop off in this one. So still a wait and see. But if he, if he you know, if the job security is there, he's going to be nice. At one nineteen K, you'd hope he gets that opportunity, but we'll wait and see. Still no definitive answer. Following that trial game, I wouldn't have thought West Coast.
Speaker 2: Probably just won. What Zach Reid actually looked really good. Yeah, and he's the same sort of price as as Sadu Harley, and I've got him and on my bench at the moment. I think as long as he can stay fit, I think he would be a good option.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, he's won that. I think most of still a big if, still a big if. Yeah, most of US had last year but injured in Round one on about a fifteen. So West Coast versus Richmond on this next game, now, I know Jordan did some stats on this one, some manual stat getting we did mention.
Speaker 2: Off the top of the show a little bit of a nuffy there on the coach front.
Speaker 3: Good on your mate, And I got to watch this game as well. Wasn't the greatest affair West Coast versus Richmond, especially with these names out, Tim Taranto, Jacob Popper, Tom Lynch, Nick f Lost and Jayden Short, Toby named Curvis, Nathan Broad and Josh Smiley. So Richmond pretty much took their VFL squad plus a couple of extras and the Weagles, the Mighty Weagles who dominated this affair look like flag bound favorites here fans, but they were missing the goat, Harley Reed, Jeremy McGovern, Ryan Marritch, who according to Ryan Daniel, was they and Eliza Riley over the West. I think they think that they favored them in, like Ryan Marrich didn't get that go over the SPP guys that were playing, and then Melbourne just go snake Snake one of those guys right off our hands signing the SPP selection there as well. So any players that you guys want to touch on in this game. I think the big one just Sam Lawler getting a fractured jaw was announced today. So two hundred and three, the number one pick in the draft, he's going to be missing at least the first round.
Speaker 1: You'd imagine racing the clock is that it wasn't going to be able to play in that next Packs match anyway, given the concussion as well. But this now puts him in doubt for that opening round one game against the Blues, but haven't officially ruled him out yet. But oh yeah, he wouldn't have thought that'd take to me risk with their price pick.
Speaker 2: All right, well let's throw it to the man who took some of the stats. What do we got? What do we got? Stood out?
Speaker 3: In mind, this was three periods of play as well, so it was only twenty five flat I think three periods, so not a full game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we touched on Laila. I think maybe it helps that decision because we've got so many mid rookies that we need to pick. But he did look good. He could have had our third goal as well if he didn't get that bumped from Jimbi, So I don't know what sort of score he could have got, but it could have been pretty decent for three quarters. Yeah. So yeah, Elijah Heuert, I know he's quite highly owned. He had a mid forward role, so I think it was the third banana in the cbas behind Dugan and Graham, which is great to see. And he kicked an opening goal in the first quarter, so it was great to see that he was playing mid in that mid forward role look pretty solid. I think if yeah, I think as long as he's fit, he's going to be best twenty two and I think lock him in your side. Oh yeah, I'm big. Yeah, I'm sure on his scoring, you know, maybe it could be like maybe those fifties sixties. I don't know. We will have to see, but I think at his price, he's going to make us some money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure. Now he looked fantastic and yeah, I agree with Lawla. I was kind of like, I was almost like I really wouldn't have cared what he scored.
Speaker 2: His job security is just incredible.
Speaker 3: Is the number one pick, and I feel like he was playing yeah, mid ford. It didn't really the fact he's kicking nearly three goals, and I think Richmond would have kicked but maybe three goals. As a team just about they couldn't hit the scoreboard. And he's already kicking. You know, two or three of them would have kicked three of their goals. Is amazing for a young player. And I think as the season goes on, he'll probably get more mid time and I actually think he'll.
Speaker 2: Play better when there's the better brigade of bigger bodies in there to help him out. So that's a tough one.
Speaker 3: I think, you know, you you could steal if he's named, I think you could still start him, or he's just going to be a downgrade target potentially once the season started. So keep an eye out for Sammy Lawler and hopefully he recovers well from that fractured jaw spot on.
Speaker 2: So the next guy, Maddy Flynn. He's been in the few sides I think early on, you know, being at that price tag as a ruck or whether you want to put him in as a flex. He did look pretty good at the start, you know, quite a few hitouts. I was taking the stats. He did give away two frees in the ruck in the first quarter, so but I think, you know, as a ruck that's you know, that sort of what happens. But he played two periods and then he went off with a saw backed and Bailey Williams I think came in on the third period. So yeah, again, this is probably sort of the thing that we're worried about with Flynn is the injury history and just whether we can we can pick him doesn't give us a heap of confidence.
Speaker 3: I just got to keep an eye for news on that one for Matt Flynn. But he was basically as you're at to your point. I was watching him, I'm like, okay, I know he's not versing like Nank wasn't there. It was he was rocking against the Richmond's backup, but he was so much bigger than him as well, and he's just he's just.
Speaker 2: He looked solid. He looked like a guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah I'm willing to pay two hundred and fifty k for I was like, yeah, lock him in. And then by the third period it's like, yeah, he's off with us all back, so.
Speaker 2: Take him back out. But again.
Speaker 1: Three period, Yeah, an injury prone guy, but also that he might say, oh I've got a really really really minus get off.
Speaker 3: That's what he did look frustrated though, according to Eliza Riley's reporting, So that to me, you know, I don't know, you wouldn't get super super frustrated if you're just like, oh, it's just a niggle frustrating for us, it is. I quite liked the look of Liam Baker as well for West Coast and the one for me that sort of stood out as a potential option. As I said, Richmond were missing everyone basically but Jacob Bly at two hundred and forty six K. We know that he could score in the waffle, averaged over a ton in the waffle, which isn't an easy competition to score well in. I thought Jacob blit looked pretty good and I think he had some pretty good numbers if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, you know, obviously with those outs at the Tigers short and fluster and he was pretty much that guy that was getting those some plus six is obviously he's a pretty tall key position player as well, but he was getting yess like some of those plus sixers around there. So yeah, as you said, plenty of footed down there. Banks and Caleb Smith with the other two which are pretty cheap as well, and those guys were the ones that were taking out of the back line. But yeah, two forty six K just I think just that awkward price, but one to watch. I feel like there's a couple of cheaper guys we might want to go about D five, D six, But yeah, if there's going to be plenty of ball down at the Tigers, then yeah it's one to watch. We know how.
Speaker 1: Important intercept possessions are for super coach scoring and that's one of his strengths coming out of the waffle. Then even in the three he played three games last year in the seniors for the Tigers. His final two games eighty six and sixty super coach wise combine eleven intercepts and twelve marks there, which sort of mirrored his VFL numbers last year at the Tigers finished the year one hundred and six super coach points and ten intercept possessions per game. So they are some good numbers from Jacob Plite. So again, it's going to be down there. He knows how to win the ball back off the opposition. You'll get a lot of answers, so you know he could be worth paying up for if you you might need to restructure. Depending on El Hawley's Riley bise, we might not get those rookies in defense, so maybe do you do spend up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like some of the confidence coming out.
Speaker 3: He's been part of a lot of the Richmond social media, which I actually usually like a bit of social media rankings. In terms of if a player is featuring a lot in their socials, generally they've got a plan for them to be in the team during the year, is what I generally like, unless you're Cooper Hamilton, but usually I think they've got a general plan for you. And Jacob Blight has just mentioned he's got a lot of he said himself, he's got a lot of self belief that he is going to try and you know that he's going to try and make an impact this year and that his goal is to play a lot of senior footy this year as well. So I'm kind of bullish on on how Jacob Blight, despite the price tag, twenty three years old, mature body back there for the Tigers. You know, maybe mops up some of that some of those possession that we're hoping go you know, some coaches I hoping goes straight to Jayden Short, so that is where I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: So I'm pretty high on him.
Speaker 3: But maybe the last couple of players we can talk about is some other players maybe making their way into the rookie bible. Abo Allen, who's one of the most popular picks in Super Coach fans. He looked alright back there, look here, man, I don't know, yeah, Jacob Smith.
Speaker 2: Don't know how you.
Speaker 3: Look compared to Jacob No, you know, I'm not going to be that person that compares him all the time. He looked pretty good for the West Coast Eagles, and I think job security again should be there early if he's going to be able to be composed like he was on the weekend. One other player, though, Jack Hutchinson, we talk about awkward price tags to thirty three point five. K Forward looks to be in a bit of a wing slash mid role, and he did play inside mid towards the end of last year. I think it's more that he's been pushed down to the wing. But he's got a lot of speed, explosive player, so I think that could be actually where they're looking to play in this season.
Speaker 2: Fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, against the Cats had him in my team that week on field, got me some big important wins. At the end of the one hundred and two super coach points sixteen contested possessions. He had that day playing on the inside down at the category when the Eagles got spanks. So showed he can do it. Showed he can do it. So I don't mind it too. Would like to see it again, give us some full stats and numbers in the proper Community series game. But definitely one who's made it onto the watch list again. A crowded forward line we know in terms of the mid prices and the bargain options available, but definitely onto the watch list.
Speaker 2: Geelong Hawks.
Speaker 3: I think it's time to touch on the final game of the round of the round.
Speaker 1: So far that before yeah, before that's been on that time recording at the time.
Speaker 3: Any more to come this week, plenty more. There was a few out of this one as well. Tom barrass is probably the main one for the Hawks there along with Massimo the Ambrosio concussion there and then for the Cats there was no Toby Conway, Cam Guthrie, Laws and Humphrees and Jack Martin were some of the notable absentees. Bas Lenka, I think he showed enough. Lads, think he showed it.
Speaker 2: Did he have ten in the first quarter?
Speaker 3: He had plenty of the bill. One of the reporters, Matt Forrest fans saying he went at forty four percent efficiency though by the end of the game.
Speaker 2: But still he's racking up the pill. He's done that a bit before.
Speaker 1: That's not overly new with Bailey Smith, even when he's fully up and going back at the dogs. So I think just seeing him hit the ground running in his first game in a long time, I think that's all we need to see with him. So, as you said, I think on the overreactions post on X, don't overthink it.
Speaker 2: I do think that Bailey Smith was just the cbas. Obviously, I thought maybe he'd be a bit more inside. Obviously he's had the five cbas obviously only played the half the game there, but still wondering his role. Obviously there's the wing inside forward. I think, yeah, I'm in preseason I thought maybe he would be that full time mid so but yeah, at his price, you can't really say no to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and could be giving a go at the moment to guy to a guy like Mitch Nevert who is on our rookie radar fans as well, and the Lair's friend of the Lad Batten all Over a big fan. So yeah, Mitch Nevertt was one that did impress at one forty nine K. Keep him in your plans and hopefully he gets a game early. So playing as sort of that inside mid as well for the Cats. So smooth, murther tall. I think he's over one ninety centimeters. Looked really good there, did a chase down, beautiful chase down tackle on will Day, but then did turn it over in the corridor shortly after that, but looking looked good anyway. Mitch Nevert and talking about will Day, My goodness, he was amazing for ninety one K. I got to say, I forgot about last year. Must have put it out of my mind, because he's straight back in for me now, fans, I can't move him out of my team. I don't care about the early buyer, I don't care about anything. I'm moving heaven and Earth will Day, the overreaction on him. He just looks incredible. And that patch in the middle of the season last year where he really put it all together, I think we're going to see that early in the season last year the key for me.
Speaker 1: We discussed it last show was about you know what Hawthorne want to do with will Day forward to the ball and people worried or was he going to play forward more? But he even said too that he you know, that's what the great midfielders do. They get forward and hit the scoreboard and that's what he wants to do. And that's what he did against the Cats, kick three goals from the midfield and that's the key for me.
Speaker 2: So that's what Dave as he went off too.
Speaker 1: That's what's going to take him to another level in super coach as well as consistency in his form and his body too, which I haven't seen yet.
Speaker 2: I saw you put the captaincy on him as well.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the captain c's yeah, early early days next year.
Speaker 2: Know that might have been.
Speaker 1: That might have been there fart, but that might have been the post that you sourced inspiration from elsewhere.
Speaker 6: On All right, okay, sorry Tim if you're listening there, player, though, we need to talk about from the other the other team three sixty one k You sort of mentioned him a little bit off the top of you said it.
Speaker 3: You've swapped him out of your team though, Jordan. I'm talking about Sam to Conning, also known as Superior to Conning.
Speaker 2: Yes, obviously played in the ruck and started in the ruck, but then how to a bit is split a time with Blitz and Stanley, and I'm just I understand Conway is out, but I'm still yeah, I just I guess probably want to see a bit more. There's a few tweets today on free co a bit of there's been a bit of hype that he will be while he's in training there all pre season. But yeah, it does have that early buy as well. I just found a bit of extra coin and went him up to mckirche. I feel like it could be a bit safer just because of the split of the ruck time, butts, we do get to see him in opening rounds, so if I see him full time rock, he will be back in my side in no time. Now.
Speaker 3: Speaking of fantasy Frico, he's got some stats to complement the will Day take from just before as well. From round ten to twenty last year, will Day twenty three point six disposals, nine point four contested, four inside fifty six tackles, one hundred and fourteen super coach in that middle of the season that I was talking about four wheel day and he's under five hundred K, so shout out to Fantasy Freco. We know he's an avid listener. We've also got Sam de Conning stats from the Great Man Fantasy Freco. Sam de Konigs club ranking in his time as a ruck last year, which was rounds fifteen to nineteen, first in handballs and clearances, second in contested positions, third in handball receives, fourth in disposals, and he averaged ninety five super Coach points. He also goes on to say he's a big fan. He's done a double tweet for Sam de Conning. I think he might be in the Free Coos team at the moment. Disposals per game by rucks from rounds fifteen to nineteen as well when do Coning was playing there the most among ruckman twenty point eight disposals, ahead of Rowan Marshall at twenty and then it goes Nank, Grundy and Cherry, So good numbers. When Sammy de Conning's in there, you know he certainly can get the job done. It's just as Jordan. To Jordan's point, how much does he play in the actual ruck position.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if we see it opening around, he will be straight in because at his price and to go ninety five, as you said, I think that's the massive huge. Any other players you want to touch on their fence, I think.
Speaker 1: We've covered a few cover good rap. Good to have some footy back. We've been talking about it for a while.
Speaker 2: It's fine. They're good to see it out there.
Speaker 1: We can actually really start working on our sides and working out that final watch list we're going to players are going to be tracking and what we need to see. It's not always how much, but just what we need to see in the community series game and the rest of the practice matches perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a great wrap. Thanks Jordan for joining us as well. If you want any track Watcher notes out from Port Adelaide, of course follow Code Sports first, but then Jordan as well. He does like to get out to training. So looking forward to some more intel from you there and join fans the Open League. We've got to get Jordan on board as well. Shall we read out the code for give us the code again? Give us the code one last time. I've got to bring it up now. It is seven to one nine zero six seven If you are still listening right to the very end, we'd love you to join the Lair Open League.
Speaker 1: Ye take on myself and the big Chief, the big chieftain over there muscles Aiden dos Kenny as he's referred to outside of the Layer and outside the office. If you are just joining here for the first time, but please come back if that is you get this where you get your podcast by to fight and Apple and everywhere else. And of course if you haven't yet subscribed to the co Sports YouTube channel, week can watch us every week. All your favorites will be back five names in a bit of a drive by for the hipsters, so that battle, that rivalry is still to play out. In twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Perfect leve a rating and review as well on Spotify and Apple if you haven't already. We're gonna have to set some sort of target fants as well. Whether we get to two hundred or three hundred, we're going to have to have little targets that we set and maybe something to do with the hipster and five maybe we might have to do. Leave some suggestions for us in the comments if you have any ideas. Maybe shave the mallet off. Yeah, the mark's going to go. Sorry, malt is going. Don't worry about that.
Speaker 1: All right, without further a g I think that'll that'll do us yep with other feedback, So get on there and tell us what we think.
Speaker 2: Nay, so many boys