Speaker 1: I've definitely dated my fair share of douchebags. My time.
Speaker 2: Let's get tingling, healing.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm spiraling.
Speaker 2: Oh my God, tell us everything flame emojis slept right and center.
Speaker 1: Matt loves a bit of God and.
Speaker 2: I need to text you back. I really need that.
Speaker 1: I know I'm jealous. I'm the most jealous person ever.
Speaker 2: Relationships like a fart. If you have to force it, it's probably shiit.
Speaker 3: Hisity dot com for you. I'll be a bloody single and alone with ten cats for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: Lie.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, it's Anna and Matt and welcome to our Love Island season three recaps.
Speaker 2: Where we'll be unpacking all the villa action and keeping you up to date on all the drama.
Speaker 1: Things are about to get very juicy in here.
Speaker 3: Where's Your Head At is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more. Okay, and so this week has started off with Aaron had enough of Jess's shit. Two bombs crash a boy's pampering day, and we see our boy Benny leave unfortunately left myself and millions of girls across Australia heartbroken.
Speaker 3: Matt, it's been a gem packed week. Ben has left. We're all very sad about.
Speaker 2: That didn't get a fair chance.
Speaker 1: No, he didn't, and it's really sad to see him go.
Speaker 3: We then see Aaron make his speech saying that he's leaving, and then as he's packing his stuff, we see Jess follow him into the bedroom and.
Speaker 1: Say I don't want you to go. Aaron's like, you're fucking with my head? What is going on? How are you feeling about this?
Speaker 2: Like I said the last episode, it's a problem where no one was acknowledging anyone's feelings and how the other one felt, and it just spiraled. I've got myself caught in these sort of arguments before and it just needs to end. They're both trying to almost win an argument where they just have to just say, Okay, this isn't going anywhere. Let's nip it in the bud, quit while we're her head, let dead dogs lay and just move on.
Speaker 3: Look, I feel like Aaron really acknowledged where Jess was coming from. He wanted to resolve it. She wouldn't do it. He felt like there was no room for him to move. He felt like his only option was to leave. And the moment that he's throw in the towel, she's come crawling back. That's toxic.
Speaker 2: That is toxic. Look, Aaron is a bigger man than me. We both know that I can't leave. I want to fucking resolve that right there. So what we think is him leaving leaves to him just having a night in the hideaway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So he ends up saying that he's going to think on it. He spends a night in a hideaway, wakes up in the morning with a clear head, and because Jess has kind of come crawling back and has said that she still really cares about him, he has decided to day map Let's move on to Taku Matt. He has told Mikayla there just isn't a spark there and they are no longer together, and Mikayla fire's back saying that's fine, We're done.
Speaker 2: What the fuck is the go with this? I am so confused. I thought they were good, then they're not, and now they're not good. I don't know. I'm so uninvested in there. Whatever it is, Yeah, it's lost me.
Speaker 3: There's such a push pull dynamic and it's hard to follow, and because we don't get to see a lot of them, we're getting whiplashed from all of the changes and feelings. So we're just gonna put that one to the side and move on to talking about the two new girls who come into the villa when the boys are having a little pamper day.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was very funny to see the boys' reactions when the two girls walked in. They were just having some real serious bro time.
Speaker 3: How the cucumbers coming out of Aaron's eyes quick smart.
Speaker 2: That did make me laugh. That did that. That was a quite funny good on the producers for that one. I thought that was perfect timing to bring those bombs in when they did.
Speaker 3: So we have Jade twenty one from the Sunshine Coast and we have Eliza twenty six from Brisbane Matts. If you were sitting in the villa, what would your initial thoughts be of those girls?
Speaker 2: Eliza, Yeah, I could see myself Jade obviously first impressions. There was something not there for me. But Eliza, she definitely she. I could see myself maybe getting to know where it depends how happy in my coupling.
Speaker 3: I was yeah, I mean look, I thought that they were both dropped dead gorgeous.
Speaker 1: They're both bringing different things to the table.
Speaker 3: I thought the boys were very lucky in there to get given those two bombs so late in the game. I feel like, I don't know if I'm doing my mouth's wrong, but I feel like the guys always get more girl bombs then the girls get bomb guys.
Speaker 2: Are you am I right?
Speaker 1: Or am I just imagining this?
Speaker 2: Are you blaming the producers for this? Or are you blaming the quality of men out in Australia for this? And what one are you blaming?
Speaker 3: I mean, look, I just feel like the Love Island producers don't exactually deliver that well on the bombs.
Speaker 1: Like, yes, all the bombs, I'm happy with.
Speaker 3: Them, like Hugh's great and Mitch's great and all of the guy bombs, but I just feel like two at the very last minute.
Speaker 2: Like you know, it is bro Island.
Speaker 3: We all know that it is bro Island, and we see it season after season. But moving on, the girls come in and they say they are both interested in Aaron, which is very interesting timing considering Jess and Aaron's little issues, but Jade says she's also interested in Taku, and Eliza says she's interested in Noah.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's see where they go. Who has chats with who? So all islanders must report to the five hit. They all go and we see a dumping of the weakest cuffle voted by fellow islanders. Who did you think it was gonna be?
Speaker 1: Look, I was hoping it was right.
Speaker 3: I was gonna be sad for Taylor, but I definitely thought it was between Tako and Mikayla and Ryan and Taylor, and that is who it came down to.
Speaker 1: But in the end, we.
Speaker 3: Got left on the cliffhanger, so we're gonna have to jump into the next episode to find out. Okay, matt In this episode, we see Zoey and Chris go on a very cute date. We have the Smooth Operated challenge, Noah is caught in a love triangle between Courtney and Jade, and Ryan and Taylor get dumped from the island.
Speaker 1: Let's jump in, all.
Speaker 2: Right, So we start off with Ryan and Taylor getting dumped by fellow islanders.
Speaker 1: What's your thoughts on that Ryan.
Speaker 2: Had to go Taylor wasn't interested. They were definitely the weakest couple. But what we were speaking about before was hilarious was their exit interviews.
Speaker 1: Oh my godns this guy.
Speaker 3: He was like telling the producers, we can see what if it's gonna work on the outside with no pressure. We're like, Ryan, I mean dumps and friend zone like four times.
Speaker 1: Get the hint?
Speaker 2: How far away do you reckon? They were from each other? Do you reckon? He could hear her exit interview or he went first and didn't hear her.
Speaker 1: I think they were standing together. She was like, I don't want you to get your.
Speaker 2: Hopes upding next.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were standing together and I was getting pied for like a fourth time.
Speaker 1: I'm like, dude, like get the message.
Speaker 2: Look, I have persistency, but brother, you take it to another level. Good on you. I'll give you a pat on the back for that.
Speaker 3: Okay, that we need to talk about Courtney. She's coming across really bad at the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think I've said it from the start. I'm not really a fan of Courtney. Like I think I said, apologize if you're a friends or a family listening. But I just was never really about her. I found something about it not gave me the ick. If you want to know what the ikis, go back and listen to the first season. But it was just something that just I didn't really about it. I just I don't know what it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's definitely like a disconnect from like the audience in Courtney. She's a huge role and major part of the villa, but there's just something that people aren't connecting.
Speaker 1: With with her.
Speaker 2: I really feel like she just wants to stay in the villa and she's trying to do whatever she can to do in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and look, she's coming across a little bit bitchy to the new girls, which we don't like. She even said, benches, if we're sitting on you've been here for one day. She's very territorial, not very welcoming, and you know, she's kind of rude as well to some people.
Speaker 2: Well, she hasn't been a bomb. She was an OG, so she doesn't know how confronting it is to walk into that place, so she doesn't understand how intimidating they are, and she should probably ease up on the bombs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's time for a little bit of empathy from Courtney, because it's you know it is hard to be in those positions, and no one wants to be in those positions. Everyone applied for Love Island. We're all just trying our best. Fuck no, like, give these girls like a bit of a break.
Speaker 2: You're not better than anyone because you're in the og squad Courtney. Alright, So before we move on from this night, I really want to bring up a conversation between Aaron and Jess they had at the end of the bed. Aaron said something like I hate crying. It is bad for your skin, in which Jess returned was saying if you store it in, you'll get fat because of the souls. And I found that so funny. I was like, if this isn't Love Island, I don't know what is.
Speaker 1: That was TV gold moments right there.
Speaker 3: I was literally pissing myself laughing and in such a sad moment where Aaron's getting really upset because Ryan's leaving. It was just that little bit of comic relief that we needed as an audience member.
Speaker 2: All Right, So we go to the next day, Zoe and Chris go on a date. Look, I loved this date. I leave for Byron one day. I need to know where this bath was. I would love to take the girl on taking with me to that bath. Yeah, it was really cute.
Speaker 1: It was so cute. They had wine in the bath together. You know, they were very cuddly. They looked super comfortable with one another.
Speaker 3: Zoe said I didn't think guys like you existed and Chris said that he was sold on her.
Speaker 1: Ma.
Speaker 2: It was very cute. They definitely took a step in their relationship in the right direction. I'm behind them. I'm team christ and Zoe. Try to change my mind. I bet you can't team.
Speaker 3: Christ and Zoe all the way. Like, if they don't win, or Aaron and Jess don't win, I'm gonna be pretty upset.
Speaker 2: All right. We're going to push a movement for them, all right. So the challenge was smooth operator one of my favorite songs. Honestly, this just felt like the producers did not know what to do and they've just slapped something together. But it worked. It worked. I like to see it. Courtney got well and truly into it.
Speaker 3: She said, I'm good with my hands and gave one heck of a performance.
Speaker 2: She did. I'm not gonna lie. I don't not a fan of her, but I was a fan of her work, and I love Nursey outfits. I just love role playing, so I was so about this whole whole challenge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, any other standout moments, Matt for you?
Speaker 2: Apart from that, everyone was just doing their bit. She was definitely the standout moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we saw Jade pick Taku.
Speaker 3: Eliza did an amazing job when she stole Aaron to do her sexy nurse display or whatever you want to call it on She said, lay down like a good boy, and I heard the blood is rushing somewhere, which.
Speaker 1: Jess said was very hard to watch.
Speaker 2: And it was hard for you, Jess, not for me, it was hard for Oh. I love that great call.
Speaker 1: We then see Jade and Noah have a chat. Courtney can feel a shift in Noah and she is starting to look very stressed out that she.
Speaker 2: Is and we do not look stressed. Does not look good on you, Courtney, So maybe try another emotion. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The girls then get a text they have to steal a boy. We see Jade choose Noah map Well, there's a few things we need to talk about with this.
Speaker 2: Jade picks Noah. I'm actually I'm a fan of Jade now, I wasn't when she first WoT in, but ever since she said she hasn't kissed a guy in a year. You know me, there's nothing better than that. I love a girl like that.
Speaker 3: She just seems super sweet. She seems very down to earth. She doesn't seem like she's going to be causing a lot of drama.
Speaker 1: She's super chilled out. What I didn't like was when Jade actually apologizes.
Speaker 3: To Courtney and says, look sorry, and Corney just doesn't really acknowledge her, which I found super disrespectful. I found Corney to be not only rude to Jade, she was kind of rude and very sarcastic to Sophie, Like that's the post.
Speaker 1: I feel like we need to have a bit more.
Speaker 2: Respect, Like the monk doesn't come out often. She has four more appearances on her contract and she's trying to make every single one of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just feel like, you know, we know what it's like to be in there. We know how intense it is, very intense, fucking it's hard, like you're pushed to your absolute limits. But that doesn't mean that you can be disrespectful to people. And I think in those moments of high pressure, you really get to see who someone is, and it wasn't good for her.
Speaker 2: And then that leaves Eliza picking Aaron interesting call. I like to see where that goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I felt bad for Eliza. She was really upset, she was getting quite emotional. I loved it how she pulled Jess for a chat beforehand. That was pretty respectful of her.
Speaker 3: But again, like not necessary because like she doesn't owe her anything. But yeah, I thought that Jess handled it really well. But we're going to talk about that in the next episode.
Speaker 2: All right, Anna, So this is another big episode. We see Mitch and Tina go on a cute little date. Lexi friend zones Hugh, but it's not that easy, is it. No, And we have the heart rate challenge, which means the Fellas are stripping off.
Speaker 3: Okay, Matt, let's jump into this episode. We start by seeing Courtney very salty.
Speaker 2: But you know, I don't give a fuck about Courtney. Yeah, fucking will move on from her. It just feels like we're just focusing on Courtney and how she's just being salty there. And I'm sorry, Courtney, if you're listening, hit me up. I'll tell you like ill apologize, but it's too much.
Speaker 1: You're gonna say it at least?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, but I should probably say it to her face.
Speaker 3: Okay, Moving on, we see Aaron and Jess have a really cute chat. He says that he really appreciates the way she handled herself. He finds her more attractive, and I think he felt that way after seeing how Courtney reacted and really appreciating Jess's calmness in the situation.
Speaker 2: Nothing more attractive than reassured, confident woman. I feel I'm very attracted to that as well.
Speaker 3: We get it, though, Like Courtney's in a way more vulnerable position, Jess is probably getting a lot of reassurance.
Speaker 1: He's probably feeling like, well, where do I stand?
Speaker 3: And that's not a nice space to be and it's super anxiety inducing.
Speaker 1: So I do feel for her, Wimbowland. We then move on to Tina and Mitch going on a date.
Speaker 2: Map So it was a cute date Mitch Andina, But no one is laying it on thicker than the fucking producers at the moment. We get it, Mitchanina is your favorite couple. You want us to vote for them? We get it. We get it, Like stop laying it on so thick. Everyone, don't be sucked in by it. Chris and Zoe are where it's ass.
Speaker 1: So you're not feeling really connected to either of.
Speaker 2: Them, I'm not. It feels like they're getting forced down our throat to me. Yeah, with the whole bracelet thing, like, oh.
Speaker 3: I thought that was so cute and those bracelets are so in At the moment, I was like, get it bored.
Speaker 2: I don't think Mitch asked for that bracelet. I think he was given that to give you. Yeah, I just I see through it, Anna.
Speaker 1: But look, Mitch said, I care about you so much.
Speaker 2: That was key.
Speaker 1: They seem to really like each other. I'm really happy for them.
Speaker 3: They're not my favorite couple, but like you know, they seem to be moving.
Speaker 1: In the right direction. If they're both being genuine, which it.
Speaker 3: Looks like they are, then you know, I'm happy for them, and hopefully that this can longer than just the villa.
Speaker 2: Let's hope.
Speaker 3: So, Okay, Hugh feels like Lexi isn't giving him a lot. I'm feeling for Hugh because Ben was in the same position. But Hugh decides to take matters into his own hands and he hires the boys to help him out, Matt and it comes crumbling down like a ton of briefs.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about this all right.
Speaker 2: So it could not have happened at a more awkward time. I'll give it to the boys. Their performance was elite, it was unreal. It was really good, but timing wise it was not good. And the awkwardness between Lexi and him afterwards it was cringe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lexi said she wasn't feeling a spark with.
Speaker 3: Him, and then in came the performance and it just did not lie good on you, Hugh.
Speaker 1: At least she gave it a go. You gave it a red hot crack.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that leaves us with the heart rate challenge. Great performance this year by all the lads. Who was your standout with the strip show?
Speaker 3: Look, I just feel like you can't go past Taku rolling into those splits like it's just a lot, and like the way he was dancing and all the girls like he was really like pulling out some moves.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know you didn't have a fit bit on, but who got your heart rate up? Do you think the most?
Speaker 3: I look, it would have to be between Noah and Taku.
Speaker 2: I'd say, was that on their performance or whose outfit was your favorite? Where's your head at?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think Taku was a winner for me, But the winner of the heart rate challenge in the villa was Hugh the Trady. He made all the girl's heart rates beat very fast and he was the winner.
Speaker 2: All right. So we finished the episode with Courtney and Noah having a chat. I swear I heard where's your head at? I reckon about six times. If you're playing along with Anna the drinking game, you would have been as pissed as Anna was, because there was a lot of where's your head at? In that chat.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Look, Courtney's now really laying it on the thick. She's feeling very insecure. And look, Noah just said to her he's not really sure who is vibing. Is it Jade, is it Courtney. He's kind of playing her at his own game, and look it's working. Both the girls want him and Noah's looking like the dark horse. Let's jump in to find out what happens. Okay, Matt, We see Noah finally make a decision, Lexi and Jade are dumped, and we have our first couple of the season.
Speaker 1: Get excited. Let's jump in, all right.
Speaker 2: So we start off with Taku and Chris having a chat and Chris makes it known to Taku that he wants to ask Soe to be his girlfriends.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, mat.
Speaker 3: This was so exciting for me as a viewer. You know, we've seen both of them just grow and grow and grow. Their heads haven't been turned since they've met. I feel like it's super genuine. They're super comfortable with one another. And ugh, what an amazing moment.
Speaker 2: It was so Taku loves a bit of me time somehow, I'm exit about himself. Sets up a treasure hunt for Zoe to go on, and it leads her to Chris sitting under the big woody on the swing where he asks her to be his girlfriend. Very heart moving moment.
Speaker 1: Wasn't it been very heartwarming?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean it was cute, and that's all I'm going to say.
Speaker 1: That's heart was moved. Yeah. No, I'm so happy for them.
Speaker 3: I think that them becoming official was the right time for them, and I'm so glad that they're the first couple to become official. It's not going to surprise me that if in the coming episodes we see more of that. I'm thinking that Mitch is going to make it official. I'm thinking Aaron might make it official.
Speaker 1: Let's have our fingers crossed because we want more of.
Speaker 2: This, all right, So after that we move on to a game where they have to decide whether what they're saying is fact or fiction. The biggest standout for me was Mikayla saying that she'd slept with someone for a year while they had a girlfriend. It was her friend, it was her friends, and her story to back it up had so many plot holes.
Speaker 1: I wasn't believing it for a second.
Speaker 2: I was, and I was like, hang on, wait, she's your family friend. You didn't know yet. I don't know. I don't even I didn't even want to get myself into that story because I was so confused. I left more confused than I entered that story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, that was not the vibe I got from her. Obviously, they were kind of used to be friends. They were more like acquaintances now, but still, like, come on, that was not.
Speaker 1: A good look for her. I don't know if she should have been admitting to that.
Speaker 2: Off topic, but the guy must have made it really well for a year for someone not to know that you have a girlfriend. Yeah far, and how did he pull that off? It's with social.
Speaker 1: Media, slippery sliding guards.
Speaker 2: With social media these days, how do you even get away with that? My friend?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we also heard that Aaron spent two K on a day. Have you ever spent two k on a date?
Speaker 2: Map not a first date. It's definitely not a first day. I wonder what any day I've spent He makes me pay for life, but it's not a date. If it was still, Look, I want to know who this girl was, and I want to know how he justifies two k where it went afterwards or where it had been before even because two thousand dollars on a first day, you better hope he was getting lucky.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, let's move on to Noah Matt because the story at the moment is the love triangle.
Speaker 1: And Noah is pulling Jade for a chat.
Speaker 3: Say he's confused, Courtney for a chat, Say he's confused.
Speaker 1: These girls are getting pretty sick of this. They're like, enough is enough? Make a decision. Corney pulls in for a chat. She's at her wits end and you can see it all over her face. She's exhausted from that Villa.
Speaker 2: She is. She just wants to know where Noah's head is at, thank you, and we're going to find out later on. So I'm excited to find out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we get told as the Monk comes.
Speaker 2: In, Yes, the return of the Monk. Two appearances in one week contract lucky ass.
Speaker 3: There are no more singles coming, so we are getting to the nitty gritty end. We only have one more week to go with Love Island season three and the final couples are Chris and Zoey, Jess and Aaron, Mitch and Tina, Taku and Mikayla, You and Eliza, Noah and Courtney.
Speaker 2: So he's picked Courtney, which bro come on.
Speaker 1: Let's really talk about this. What on earth? As a viewer, we were.
Speaker 3: Led to believe that Jade and Noah were just super cute.
Speaker 1: He was off Courtney. He couldn't trust her.
Speaker 3: Is it that he has feelings for her? Or is he being strategic?
Speaker 2: Matt, I feel like he may have had more time with Courtney maybe and he got a better connection with her. I don't know about strategic. Maybe he thinks that when he went in people loved Courtney. But I mean, I don't know who is he playing the game? Is everyone playing the game? Is that a question that we have to ask ourselves when we watch this show. Definitely, but we'll see where it goes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just hard, Like I really felt like there was a connection with Jade, but Noah's chose Courtney.
Speaker 1: At least the girls can sleep easy at night.
Speaker 3: One thing I have to bring up is when Jade obviously got the bad news that he was picking Courtney, she was so humble, so gracious, so kind, which we did not see from Courtney earlier. Courtney was like, this is a piss take, this is fucked.
Speaker 1: Da da da da da.
Speaker 3: You know, I feel like your reactions to things is so important, And I think Jade really held herself well and she has a lot to be proud of.
Speaker 2: She did you keep her head held eye after that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she didn't get a fair chance, and we were very sad to see her go.
Speaker 2: Who we weren't so sad to see go was Lexi after Hugh picked Eliza.
Speaker 1: Now, I loved Lexi.
Speaker 3: I know that you're not a fan because of Bed and I totally understand that, but she was such an amazing character in there.
Speaker 2: She was a big character to the villa.
Speaker 3: She caught a lot to the villa and honestly, unfortunately, she wasn't gonna.
Speaker 1: Fake it, and I respect Lexi for that.
Speaker 2: It's another one of those things where a douchebag fucks over a girl and she's not the same for a while after that you think happens.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, we have one more week left. Matt and I are going to be going live for the last episode from Byron bay Wait to bring you our final episode.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned, guys, and.
Speaker 2: We have some more exciting news. Guys. Where's your head out? Season two is dropping Wednesday, the twenty fourth of November. Put that in your calendars, your time trees, ride it in your journals, Save that date, set an alarm because I know we're excited as you are.
Speaker 3: Wednesdays at six am is our new drop time.
Speaker 1: Guys, get excited.
Speaker 3: This season is going to be even more juicy, even better, and we have some very exciting guests.
Speaker 1: So keep your eyes out until next time.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,