Speaker 1: Why on Sky News This.
Speaker 2: Is Sharry, Thanks Andrew, and good evening.
Speaker 3: Massive show Tonight, a major exclusive AZEO Director General Mike Burgess declares that HERMAS supporters are a national security threat. These comments clarify his view on the GUASA.
Speaker 2: Visa issue that's in a moment.
Speaker 3: Also tonight, an ex UK spy chief weighs in on this very issue.
Speaker 4: And you're not going to avoid this terrorist problem.
Speaker 3: My exclusive interview with Sir Richie dearlove coming up shortly and with the heartbreaking news that six Israeli hostages have been executed by Hamas. For Israeli government spokesman Elon Levy will speak to us exclusively about.
Speaker 2: The media bias against Israel.
Speaker 3: Also today, Jim Chalmers at war with the RBA as the economy sinks. Will economist Warren Hogan would tell us who's to blame. But first now to our major exclusive. AZIO Director General Mike Burgess has told a private gathering that anyone who supports Harmas or the October seven terror attacks would pose a security threat. These comments clarify his view on the guards of visa issue. I can tonight reveal that mister Burgess has made it clear that Gazans who want a Palestinian state will be allowed into Australia, while support for HERMAS would be, in.
Speaker 2: His words, a deal breaker.
Speaker 3: This is a major development in the saga that has plagued the government over the past month. Since mister Burgess's appearance on the ABC last month, there's been considerable community confusion over whether Hamas activists were welcome in Australia.
Speaker 5: If it's just rhetorical re support and they don't have an ideology or support for a violent stream as an ideology, then that's not a problem.
Speaker 3: And then in question time Anthony ALBINIZI wouldn't answer the question twice about whether HERMAS supporters would pass the character test for an Australian visa.
Speaker 6: Prime Minister does supporting has pass the character test for an Australian visa.
Speaker 7: Everyone who applies for an Australian visa is subject to the same security standard set by the same agencies and the same personnel as under the former government.
Speaker 3: Well after weeks of concern, Mike Burgess's new comments.
Speaker 2: Clarify his position on the issue.
Speaker 3: I can reveal that Mike Burgess told a high level private gathering of business leaders and academics last week that it wasn't the case that he would give the green light to HERMAS supporters entering Australia.
Speaker 2: I understand.
Speaker 3: He told the gathering that any HERMAS supporters would be considered by ASIO to be a security threat. He said words to the effect of and I quote, if you support terrorism, if you support what happened on October seven, then you are a threat to security. So Mike Burgess clearly stating there that any support for her Mus or the terror attacks of October seven would be considered.
Speaker 2: A security threat by ASIO. He also made it clear that.
Speaker 3: Supporters of a Palestinian state, but not individuals who support her MUS, would be allowed into the country. I understand, he told the private gathering, and I quote believing Palestine should be an independent state would not automatically disqualify someone, but providing material support to HERMAS or harboring extremist beliefs would.
Speaker 2: Be a deal breaker.
Speaker 3: So Mike Burgess is now saying that supporters of a Palestinian state would be allowed into the country, but harboring extremist beliefsing support material support to HERMAS would be a deal breaker. Mike Burgess also spoke about how more people in Australia are being radicalized and how it's impossible to keep tabs on everyone. He also spoke about the approach taken by the organization he leads ASIO. He said again I quote AZIO takes a comprehensive and in depth approach to its security checks as defined by the ASIO Act.
Speaker 2: Each case is taken on its merits.
Speaker 3: We look at everything to determine if a person is a direct or indirect threat to security, not just one thing. And he also told the gathering that ASIO cannot go into the details of the security checks process because the more applicants know, the more likely and extremist will be able to use this to their advantage. Suffice to say, asio's checks and advice are part of a bigger process that's administered by Home Affairs. Now, my story tonight comes after considerable concern and confusion in the Australian community about how the possibility of her MUS activists arriving in Australia could be allowed. Mike Burgess's comments now clear this up.
Speaker 2: From a security perspective.
Speaker 3: He is saying unequivocally that support for HERMAS or for the October seven attacks would be considered by Asio to be a threat to Australia's national security. Now this tonight clears up Asio's position, but not the Albanese governments. The Australians editor at Large Paul Kelly wrote on the weekend that there has been a deliberate confusion between entry policy and security checks. Albanzi has tried to blur this line. He's tried to mislead the public by saying he's got confidence in Asio. Asio doesn't set the immigration policy. As Paul Kelly wrote in his excellent piece, the Albenzi government has given no explanation for its visa policy or process. He said, almost nothing is known about the government's originating decision. Was this authorized on submission by the National Security Committee of Cabinet as the only proper decision making body was an overall entry number agreed? Why were tourist visas used? What security provisions were authorized? Why didn't the Prime Minister make a formal, detailed statement on the decision and take related questions? Now, the Albenze government chose to use a visitor visas tourist visas that have a lower security vetting threshold to speed up the process of getting Gazans into Australia, and this is an admission already made by adhusik.
Speaker 6: Why visit A visas because they're faster. The process withf G visas take longer, and given what's happening right now and the dangers presented, the view was to try and get people out as quickly as you can.
Speaker 3: And as you know, the government has issued nearly three thousand visitor visas, with only some where a flag is raised actually going to Asio.
Speaker 2: For vetting the form ahead of m I six.
Speaker 3: Sir Richard Dearlove tonight on the show sits down for an exclusive interview and.
Speaker 2: He says there's a clear terror risk.
Speaker 3: He says no Gasans should be coming to Australia at this time. He says that would be his strong advice. Well, Mike Burgess's remarks that I've brought to you tonight have clarified the security position from Azio's perspective that her MUST supporters do pose a security threat. So now the Prime Minister needs to come out and say unequivocally that her MUST supporters don't be welcome in Australia, that supporting her MUS won't pass the character test because just overnight. We've seen the horrific and brutal murder, murder of six young innocent men and women after nearly a.
Speaker 2: Year spent in captivity.
Speaker 3: Anyone who supports this brutality has no place in our country, and that should be a statement of the obvious, not something the Prime Minister has to obfuscate and equivocate about, as he did on that last sitting day of Parliament. Here you see hersh Goldberg, Poland, just twenty three.
Speaker 2: His mother told us how.
Speaker 3: Hopeful she was that her son would come home when she spoke to us on this program. There's Alex Lebanov thirty three, Alma Garusi twenty six, Carmelgut thirty nine, Eden Urushelmi who turned twenty four just before she was killed, and Ori Denino twenty five. They each had so much to live for, their whole lives ahead of them, but Hermas executed them. They were shot at close range. Their bodies dumped inside a tunnel under Raffa, Yes, Rafa Rafa, where Penny Wang, Anthony Alberanizi, Kamala Harris and many others didn't want Israel to go.
Speaker 2: Remember that.
Speaker 7: I have directly put to Prime Minister net Nyahou Australia's concern about a grand invasion of Raffa and the consequences that would be there.
Speaker 8: We have been clear in multiple conversations and in every way that any major military operation in Rafa would be a huge wantmast I.
Speaker 9: Wish to restate the Australian government's grave concerns about an impending major Israeli ground offensive in Ruffa. Our message to Israel is listened to the world. Do not go down this path.
Speaker 3: So many young lives in Rafa waiting to be saved. Yet Penny Wang, Kamala Harris, Anthony Albinezi didn't want Israel to go there, didn't want Israel to go there where these young people, some of them children, some of them a baby, were there in captivity, held by her Musk terrorists, waiting to be rescued. And as for the statements by Kamala Harris and Joe Biden, well, one of their own American citizens was there waiting desperately.
Speaker 2: To be rescued, Hirsh. He was a duel American Israeli.
Speaker 3: I can't help but wonder how different the outcome for these hostages and many might have been if international agencies and world leaders had truly put immense pressure on her Muss and its backers like Katar for their release. If the Red Cross and other UN agencies had lectured not Israel but her Mus to release all of these lives, if they had insisted the Red Cross on visiting the children and other hostages in captivity, but they didn't, the world basically turned its backs on these young lives now lost to us forever.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I spoke with Britain's former top spy chief about the Guys of visa issue. The world famous former head of MI six, Sir Richard Dearlove, says that if he were in charge of our national security, his strong advice would be to stop any Gazans arriving from the terrorist controlled hotspot, at least until security vetting is possible.
Speaker 2: Now, Sir Richard held the.
Speaker 3: Role informally known as C from nineteen ninety nine to two thousand and four.
Speaker 2: Here's what he had to say.
Speaker 3: In your former role, would you have been worried about social cohesion issues and rising anti Semitism by bringing in literally thousands of people from Gaza when you look at their own governments hatred of Israel, which they want to wipe off the map.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Look, it's a shocking and it's a complex issue. And I think the problem that we're seeing is the exploitation of the Palestinians by Hamas. I mean, Hamas's attitude to the Palestinians has been entirely cynical. And you know, they have created a conflict where the civilian population is a shield, and you know they have mixed combatants and civilians.
Speaker 10: There's no separation in this war, and the.
Speaker 4: Palestinians have suffered dreadfully and we all, i think, feel that concern and that sympathy which has turned, you know, into an extreme situation. I think the danger that you mention in relation to Australia, and I'm not informed of the detail, is amongst some of those people coming into Australia, there would I would I would imagine not just be Hamus sympathizers, but the possibility that there are Hamous activists as well. And there's no question that Iran, you know, will be exploiting these opportunities. I mean, they have a very active intelligence organization which has a long history in my view, of supporting terrorist movements. So yes, there is a danger in this sort of infiltration of the Palestinian diaspora, and as it were, the fact that the Palestinians are victims of this crisis. It's an entirely cynical situation. And in my view, people don't explain sufficiently the extent to which Hammers built themselves militarily inside the Palestinian population so that the Palestinians would suffer massively if they were attacked, and that's just what's happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the death toll, the suffering of their own people is part of their absurd military strategy against Israel. It's horrific and it's one of the many reasons why they need to be removed as the governing body in Gaza. But Sir Richard, I'm intrigued by the comment you just made when you said Iran has a very sophisticated intelligence and they would be looking to infiltrate, They'd be looking for opportunities like this. What do you mean how would that work?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: The IRGC, which is the Iranian Revolutionary Guard call is of it's the primary intelligence organization in Iran.
Speaker 10: Wherever there is.
Speaker 4: An indigenous Iranian community, they will reach into it. Wherever there are communities that maybe a sympathizers towards the theocracy in Iran, they will be exploiting that situation. And I think there's no question that you know, Australia, it may seem very distant from the Middle East, you know, is to an extent inevitably.
Speaker 10: Involved in this situation.
Speaker 4: So you know, we know, we've seen. I mean, I remember when I was chief. This is way back warning when Alexander down It was Foreign Minister saying to Alexander, look, you know you're not going to avoid this terrorist problem because of you know, the composition of the ethnic composition of your immigrant communities, and they will be influenced, they will be affected, and there will be individuals who will get sucked into terrorism. That's just what's happened. And I think the risk continues, particularly when the background is like the crisis currently in Gaza, which is extreme and you know it is going to influence all of our communities that are affected by the reverberations of this war and this really ghastly conflict.
Speaker 3: Is your advice therefore, that there needs to be even more rigorous screening of a country's immigration intake from certain parts of the world. So right now the front line of a war zone in Gaza where it is controlled by a terrorist regime. Are you saying that there should be much more rigorous security screening or do you think that it's just so difficult to ascertain if there is a security risk that perhaps it's better to pause, which is what our opposition later has suggested here, to pause immigration.
Speaker 4: Well, I think if I would response for my advice would be the same and to pause it.
Speaker 10: But look, on the other hand, Aisier is a.
Speaker 4: Pretty efficient organization that I've been certainly impressed by. You know, it's it knows what it's doing. But I would have thought that they need to be extremely careful in allowing these people in without some sort of security screening, without some investigation as to who's coming in, you know what, where they are, what they're doing, what their connections are.
Speaker 10: I mean, it just seems to me like very basic issue.
Speaker 4: And I would have thought, given the terrorist problems that you've had in Australia, you know, which have been notable over that in the last ten to fifty that people should be very very careful about this, you know, otherwise you're going.
Speaker 10: To important problem which would be difficult.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is why it's been one of the biggest political issues, well the biggest political issue of the past fortnite here in Australia in our parliament. But just to clarify to Richard, at the start of that last answer, you said your advice would be to pause.
Speaker 2: It is that right?
Speaker 4: If you're not if you can't trace and you can't vet these people before they come in, I would I personally would have advised to wait until one is in the stronger position to do that. I mean, there's so much uncertainty at the moment. But I guess you know what the other side of the argument is as a humanitarian argument, and you've got to balance those two sides. I mean, I come from a security and intelligence background and obviously I would put that as a primary issue. I put the humanitarian issue second. But then others will certainly disagree with me.
Speaker 3: The head of AZEO, the Director General of AZIO, said two weeks ago, which is what sparked this entire political debate here in Australia. He said that rhetorical support for Hermas would not alone be a reason to exclude someone from Gaza for getting a visa.
Speaker 2: To enter Australia.
Speaker 3: So he said rhetorical support for Hermas as opposed to ideological support, would not prevent someone from getting a visa to enter Australia.
Speaker 2: That has sparked a lot.
Speaker 3: Of confusion and concern in the community. What do you think of a comment like that, that someone could express rhetorical support for a listed terror organization which I mus is and still be allowed into a country like Australia.
Speaker 4: Well, it's very hard to make a distinction between rhetorical support and something more profound. Look all of us, you know, I'm thinking about the UK. You know, we've been shocked by the extent to which there's sort of apparently militant rhetorical support on the streets for Hamas during the hurrying prices, and it's worrying and concerning. And there's no question that amongst that group they're going to be people who I think are radicalized.
Speaker 10: That's the danger, you know, radicalized individuals.
Speaker 4: I'm not necessarily suggesting that the Iranians or Hamas are going to import organized terrorist groups into Australia, but there will be low wolves who you know, and I mean that's one of the characteristics of recent terrorist attacks. The active it is look at this recent stabbing in Germany. It is clearly a label for tack killing three people in a provincial German city. I mean, that's the sort of problem that is being faced and I think inevitably Australia isn't going to be immune from that. Why should anybody think you're so isolated from that risk? And this is a very volatile period politically, very volatile indeed, when one is looking at anything to do with the Middle East.
Speaker 3: Well, that incident you mentioned the German music festival again that it's been reported that Islamic terror was at least the ideology behind that individual.
Speaker 2: It's also been reported that he was seeking or is seeking refugee status.
Speaker 3: So you know, do you think of the left are blind to some of these issues that they see a refugee and they can't believe that that person could be influenced or radicalized or driven by ISIS.
Speaker 4: But we've had a stack of examples across Europe where individuals supposedly genuine refugees have been radicalized and have reacted, you know, in a violent and inexplicable fashion. That's it's a high risk at the moment, and I would have thought that this is a risk that has to be taken account of in protecting, you know, the safety of Juan's citizens, and that applies in Australia as well. I just think it's a very difficult issue. But I would urge caution and I would urge restraint rather than throwing through and throwing open the doors and letting anybody in.
Speaker 3: All right, So Richard, thank you so much. It's always a pleasure.
Speaker 2: To hear your insights. Really appreciate your time.
Speaker 10: Once again, Cherry, very nice talking with you again the best.
Speaker 2: So that's there.
Speaker 3: A big intervention in the guys of visa debate by Sir Richard dear love. Also still coming up on the show a bit later our exclusive interview with Elon Levy. But right now let's bring in our Monday panel Sky News host Steve Price and contributor Joe Hildebrand.
Speaker 2: Great to see you both.
Speaker 3: Look, let's have a look at the ozas News poll today on the two party preferred basis. The major parties are neck and neck. The PM's approval ratings have gone down and this is now a consistent trend for the Prime Minister Steve. These results aren't great for alban Easy.
Speaker 11: No they're certainly not, and they're not great for the country either if they are actually reflected during an election, because Shari and Joe, as we know, what that pole tells us is where probably if things don't change, headed for a minority Labor government, where Anthony Albanezi will be forced into doing deals with the Teals and with the Greens. And we discussed this last week and it just doesn't get any better if that happens. Look at the debarkell over this gold mine. We're going to be in all sorts of trouble. I can remember what it was like with Julia Gillard trying to do this and it was a mess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was indeed, Joe.
Speaker 3: The newsport did show that the coalition hadn't made in roads in convincing voters that they do a better job fighting the inflation crisis.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's right, and I think that's very much part of Labour's deliberate strategy. It knows that it's not going to be covering itself in roses or glory in the middle of the cost of living crisis, and that people are going to be angry at the government and their only hope, I suppose is the thinking that they can just make whatever they think of Anthony Alberanezi, they dislike Peter Dutton Moore, and I think that's pretty reductive. It's not a lot the sort of politics I like to be played out, but it's clearly it's clearly working. And also, you know, to some extent when you think about you know the fact that Coalition is criticizing the Labour's cost of living relief. You know, you can define inflation in two different ways, obviously, but in terms of the actual impact on the hip pocket to voters, Labour's cost of living relief is really really important and Peter Dutton and Coalish have already been critical of that, and so they're actually right. If they're going to cut one hundred million bucks worth of relief or savings or wherever it might be, then they are going to get Then they are going to lead people worse off, even if it's better.
Speaker 1: Off in the long term.
Speaker 2: It had argument to prosecute, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, Anthony Alberesi and Chris Bowen are both arguing that Peter Dutton's nuclear plan won't work. The OSRA ports that Chris Bowen is now arguing the coalition's plan to build a small modular nuclear reactor in Wa wouldn't have access to enough water to be able to deliver anything close to the energy the people of Wa need, Steve, But he's then saying that the new clear plan won't produce as much power as coal.
Speaker 2: But aren't they against coal?
Speaker 10: They are?
Speaker 11: And am I the only person who said here today and watched Anthony Alberanesi and Richard mart standing in front of a US nuclear powered submarine telling us how wonderful nuclear projects we're going to be at HMAS Sterling in Wa. How we were going to work with the American Navy. We're going to have nuclear subs in there being serviced and repaired and put back out to see. Isn't that a little ironic that, on the one hand, Anthony obens, you'll fly back to the East Coast tomorrow until everybody, oh, well, nuclear is dreadful, it's dangerous, it's expensive, it's not going to do what you think it's going to do. But you're over there seeing the praises of a nuclear submarine. Can we get the story straight for God's sake?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And of course you know I brought you that news first about the US submarine on this show a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: But Joe, that is a contradiction.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think certainly a contradiction.
Speaker 12: If labor is running and sadly a couple of them have running the line that nuclear is untested or unsafe or dangerous or volatile and it can't be trusted, that is idiotic. That is not the case now, and those people who made those stupid social media posts have since been told to.
Speaker 5: Pull their head in and shut up.
Speaker 12: I think the only argument that really matters is the economic one. Does the costs of it stack up? And can it be delivered in time to meet Australia's targets? And one of the reactors that they were talking about today I think wasn't.
Speaker 5: Due to come on till twenty fifty.
Speaker 12: Clearly that's going to be a bit of a problem when it comes to meeting our twenty thirty five targets now.
Speaker 3: Victorian library staff have been advised to use gendered language and to check in with children about their preferred pronouns. According to a new guidance toolkit, it'll let a young person in particular know that you're safe, accepting and flexible Steve. Is this even appropriate to be speaking to children about pronouns?
Speaker 2: What if their parents aren't happy about that?
Speaker 11: Of course it's not appropriate. I mean, this is a rainbow toolkit which was released on Friday by the Allen Labor government in Victoria, and you're going to have librarians hanging lanyards around the necks of five olds to show what gender they identify as. I mean, as a parent, I would not be sending my child anywhere near one of those libraries. I mean, this is just mad, mad stuff. It doesn't surprise mean, the sad thing is Joe and Charry. This doesn't surprise me. This is what the Allen Labor government. You know, it's a harsh left leaning Marxist outfit who want to put labels on everybody. I mean, really seriously, this is a worry, but it does not surprise.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think you know they're saying that it'll make the library a safe place, but doesn't it make the library an unsafe place.
Speaker 12: I don't know any gender ambiguous five year old who thinks the library is an unsafe place. This is absolutely moronic, and it's not only moronic, but it's actually harmful and counterproductive. At the moment, you've got a campaign on the trans people want to actually be recognized and just voted and counted in the census.
Speaker 5: What do you think that these sorts of.
Speaker 12: Campaigns actually do to that legitimate grievance, that legitimate Once, of course, it makes people think, oh, they're just trying to indoctrinate. They're trying to get my kids and get them to say that their boys when they're girls, or their girls and they're boys, and it gets parents, that backs up parents alarm, and it is the most counterproductive, stupid, counterintuitive thing that anyone could do. And it's strictly the domain of people who need to get some real problems and get them.
Speaker 3: Fast, strictly the domain of Victoria, it would seem. We feel sorry for you, Steve Price and everyone watching them Victorian with the current government. All right, Steve Price, Johood around, Great to see you both.
Speaker 2: Now still to come.
Speaker 3: A big exclusive coming up with Alon Levy his message of hope after the devastating.
Speaker 2: Murder of six hostages, plus.
Speaker 3: Jim Chalmers accuses the RBA of smashing the economy.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that after this quick break. Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Well, the Treasurer is ramping up his rhetoric against the Reserve Bank, shifting blame for the faltering economy.
Speaker 13: Have a look, the combination of global economic uncertainty and higher interest rates is smashing household budgets and slowing our economy considerably.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 3: I'm joined now by Judo Bank Chief Economist Warren Hogan. Warren, welcome to the show. Look, these comments come ahead of the National account figures that are going to be released on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: How bad are you expecting they'll.
Speaker 14: Be, Hi, Sherry, Yeah, Look, they're going to be very soft. In fact, we may see no growth at all in the economy in the three months to June, and the annual rate of growth will be one percent or even a bit weaker. And this is the slowest rate of real economic growth since the early nineteen nineties recession.
Speaker 5: So this is going.
Speaker 14: To portray an economy with very weak consumer spending, no growth in the construction sector outside of infrastructure, and of course an inflation pulse that's still persistent and hanging around.
Speaker 3: So a technical recession is two quarters of negative growth, and we don't know what the figures are yet. We'll see the National account figures on Wednesday, But are you expecting this could be the first?
Speaker 1: It could be.
Speaker 14: We had some very weak partial data today for income, particularly our non mining profits were soft and mining profits were down.
Speaker 10: Quite a lot.
Speaker 14: So there's every chance we could get a small fall, but I doubt we'll see it replicated in Q three I back to back, and even if we did, it would be a technical recession only we're a long way away from a real recession, a genuine recession, because we're creating so many jobs. There's been three hundred and eighteen thousand jobs created in the first seven.
Speaker 3: Months of the year, but clearly with the economy softening, a potentially no growth at all, this is the treasure trying to frame the argument, trying to look at who is to blame here. He clearly sees the thirteen interest rate rises that we've had as a reason what he says, it's smashing the economy. So do you see this now as a rift between the government and the IBA on economic strategy or is this more of a political statement from the treasurer.
Speaker 14: Look, I think this is definitely political strategy, both in terms of this week's numbers and getting ahead of what's going to be a lot of headlines on Wednesday about soft economy, but I think this is what we can expect running right up to the election. They got a lot of a lot of benefit out of getting stuck into fill Low when he was around, and looks like they're about to ramp it up again.
Speaker 1: On Michelle Bullock.
Speaker 14: The reality is we're seeing rates come down overseas and we're not going to get rate cuts here. And the RBA's orbit said that the government's desperate for a rate cut, of course for political reasons, But the risk is we get a rate hike still. I mean, we hope not, but we have not increased interest rates to a level that we can be confident we're going to get rid of this cost of living crisis exactly.
Speaker 3: With inflation remaining persistent and sticky, it does seem like a rate might be more likely than a rate.
Speaker 2: Cut, certainly for this year at least. Now. This attack, if you.
Speaker 3: Like, from the Treasurer on the RBA comes comes after the Governor Michelle Bullock blamed the government of keeping inflation sticky by their spending. So in a way do you think this is a bit of return fire from the Treasurer.
Speaker 14: Well, look, the governor, or more specifically the senior staff and the forecasters at the RBA, the numbers don't lie. They've got to stick in there, what's going on in this economy. And in the last three months, seeing all the state and federal budgets they've had to see, they've had to increase their forecast for government spending growth go from about two percent to four percent. And of course four percent government spending is a lot more than GDP. And that's this idea that we're putting demand into an economy that can't grow because it's at its full capacity, and that's in and so the government will argue the economy's week, the RBA should be considering cuts. The RBA and economists who are focused on this will say, there's a lot of demand in the economy and inflation going anywhere, and that's because government spending growth has been so strong. And of course we're creating jobs, which is great news, but that's new income in the economy and new demand in the economy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then of course there's the immigration levels too. Warren Hogan, always great to hear your analysis.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Now after the break left wing media bias against Israel, you won't believe how outrageous it's become. Elon Levy would join me for an exclusive interview to discuss.
Speaker 2: Welcome Back.
Speaker 15: Well.
Speaker 3: The news yesterday was heartbreaking that six young hostages were executed by Hamas, But where has the outrage been about the fact that there are still over one hundred hostages being held captive by terrorists internals in Gaza. Here are constant calls for an immediate cease fire. There's outright bias from most of the left wing media, and it's something my next guest faced daily when he worked as Israel's government spokesman.
Speaker 16: I was speaking to a hostage negotiator this morning. He made the comparison between the fifty host hostages that her Mass has promised promised to release, as opposed to the one hundred and fifty prisoners that are Palestinians that Israel has said that it will release. And he made the comparison between the numbers and the fact that does Israel not think that Palestinian lives are valued as highly as Israeli lives?
Speaker 1: That is an astonishing accusation.
Speaker 15: If we could release one prisoner for every one hostage, we would obviously do that. We are operating in horrific circumstances. We're not choosing to release these prisoners who have blood on their hands.
Speaker 2: Wild and I.
Speaker 3: Spoke exclusively about media bias and more with the highly impressive Ailon Levy.
Speaker 2: Allen lev Great to have you with us.
Speaker 1: It's good to be here in Australia now.
Speaker 3: You rose to fame globally because you had the courage to take on left leaning media hosts too, are clearly misrepresenting Israel's position. This was right at the start of the war, right after the October seven attacks.
Speaker 2: What did you think of this media bias that was just so blatedt I think.
Speaker 15: It's strategic to see where media bias has led Western countries like Australia. Australia understood when hamasda clared this war that Israel needs to win. People forget this. Australia was gunning for an Israeli victory. The Australian leadership set together with Canada and New Zealand. It wants a ceasefire, but a ceasefire in which Hamas lays down its arms and releases all the hostages. Australia was very clear back in December that can be no role for Hamas in the future of Gaza. And I think over time we've seen media so eager to replicate Hamas figures, accept Hamas claims without any screen in a way that has soured and poisoned public opinion against Israel and brought us to this position where there is immense international pressure on Israel to leave Hamas on its feet, where we know that leaving Hamas on its feet simply starts the clock ticking towards the next war. Because after the October seventh massacre, Hamas promised it would do it again and again, and Israel vowed that there would be never again. And that's what's at stake in this war. And that's why it's so important when people consume their media to be really critical about the information coming out of Hamas run Gaza, because Hamas has a deliberate strategy, a deliberate strategy of trying to generate human suffering inside Gaza. It's a six strategy to try to generate pressure on Israel to leave it on its feet after the war that it started and that horrific massacre on October seventh.
Speaker 3: I mean, we hear media outlets and governments around the world say Hamas can have no future role in the governing of Gaza as you just said. But at the same time, more and more they're calling for an immediate ceasefire, often an unconditional ceasefire, but an immediate ceasefire. So how do they think Hamas is actually going to be removed as the governing body if there is an immediate ceasefire.
Speaker 15: I don't know how governments expect Hamas to be removed from power unless Israel removes it from power. Australia back in December said there must be a ceasefire. It can't be unilateral. Hamas must lay down its arms. Hamas then ignored the government of Australia continue to fight Israel, continue to hold and rape and abuse and starve and torture and execute hostages, and Israel said, we have no choice but to fight to bring down Hamas and to bring back the hostages, because it doesn't care what Australia and.
Speaker 1: Other governments are saying.
Speaker 15: In Israel, we want this war to go away, much like the rest of the world, but we understand that we don't have a magic wand and cannot make Hamas go away. If this war ends with Hamas in power and hostages in Gaza. There will be a next time. It will be worse, and it will be worse because the Hamas army of terror will be convinced that the world will save it from the wars that it started. And by the way, this isn't just a question about Hamas. It's a question about the Iranian regime as well, which is attacking Israel through its proxy armies on seven fronts. It's a question about Russia and China and other countries that are challenging the Western order, and countries like Australia.
Speaker 1: They are looking at.
Speaker 15: The Western world and asking do they have the courage of their convictions to stand by their allies and do what they need for their security or are they going to allow themselves to be manipulated by terrorists propaganda into leaving these terrorist armies on their feet after those horrific atrocities.
Speaker 2: Do you think Hamas can be defeated.
Speaker 1: Isis was defeated, it was removed from power.
Speaker 15: People say Hamas is an idea, Well, ISIS is still an idea, but look ISIS is trying to pull off terror attacks in Austria. It no longer controls territory the size of Austria. Hamas is a terrorist regime. It's a terrorist regime that spent sixteen years in power since Israel withdrew in two thousand and five.
Speaker 1: Deliberately building a network.
Speaker 15: Of tunnels ten times longer the Sydney Metro underneath people's homes and schools and hospitals.
Speaker 2: I still billions of dollars in international.
Speaker 15: Aid, exactly, billions of dollars of international aid. And the concrete didn't go to people's houses. It went to tunnels underneath people's houses. Aid that went through organizations like Honor, to which Australia has doubled its commitment and has been covering up how Harmas has been stealing aid and allowing it to operate from inside its facilities.
Speaker 1: That cannot go on.
Speaker 3: The Abenezy government actually recommitted funding to ANRA without even waiting for the official investigation to be.
Speaker 15: Complete, and the official investigation found that at least nine members of Honor took part in the October seventh massacre. We have hostages who came back from Gaza and say that they were held in the homes of HONRA teachers. Now the problem goes so much deeper than simply Honor of staff members taking part in the October seventh massacre. Most of the terrorists who took part in that massacre were Honor graduates, graduates of its school system. Most of the terrorists who took part in October seventh were recipients of Honor AID. It's the fact that Honra gives welfare to people in Gaza that gives them the financial security they need to focus on terrorism.
Speaker 1: And it's an.
Speaker 15: Organization that lets Hamas fight out of its schools and then covers it up.
Speaker 1: That let's have us still aid and covers it up.
Speaker 15: And Australian taxpayers need to understand that funding for HOUNRA is a direct subsidy to Hamas's army of terror and that money is winding up in the coffers of Hamas.
Speaker 3: I think Australian government should immediately stop funding ANRA.
Speaker 15: I think with the Australian government, and all governments should stop funding ANRA. This is an organization that exists not to solve our conflict with the Palestinians, but to perpetuate it.
Speaker 1: Because Honor tells.
Speaker 15: The Palestinians to reject the existence of Israel in any borders whatsoever. It tells them that Israel is illegitimate, that they have a right to resist it.
Speaker 1: And that fuels future conflict.
Speaker 15: And we need to bring this conflict to a close and not fuel and finance the Palestinians forever war against the State of Israel. And that is exactly what Honor is doing with Australian taxpayer money.
Speaker 3: The United Nations has also failed in its various bodies to visit any of the hostages who have some of them now been October.
Speaker 2: It'll be a year in captivity.
Speaker 3: No visits from any UN agencies, no visits from the Red Cross.
Speaker 2: What do you think about this?
Speaker 15: It's worse than the fact that the Red Cross hasn't visited the hostages. These UN agencies haven't shown a modicum of sympathy for the hostages. There are still two child hostages in Gaza, Fear and arilb Bus fair Bibus is a baby, he just turned.
Speaker 1: One a few months ago.
Speaker 15: If there were any sympathy, you would expect organizations like UNICEF to be pushing out his image.
Speaker 1: Raising global awareness about it. But there's absolute silence.
Speaker 15: I know the hostages families gave up a long time ago and trying to prussure the Red Cross to visit those families.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, we have too.
Speaker 15: Many of these un agencies that are pushing the Palestinian narrative and have found themselves completely incapable of showing any sympathy for the Israeli victims of the October seventh massacre, or indeed the hostages. Let's remember it's been nearly a year. There are still one hundred and sex hostages. Around thirty five of them we know have been killed executed in the Terror dungeons, and the others we fear are being starved and tortured and raped and executed. And according to recent reports being held around Yehia Sinhoar himself, the leader of Hamas, in a horrible tunnel somewhere to be used as human shields.
Speaker 3: Literally, the hostage is trying to protect him, and we've heard reports that he's trying to say that there'll be no return of hostages if.
Speaker 2: He is not alive.
Speaker 3: So he's putting his own personal life front and center, while not caring about the Palestinian.
Speaker 15: People want this war to end, and Hamas does not want this war to end. Hamas wants this war to continue. Because the human suffering inside Gaza is good for it, because it's.
Speaker 1: Poisoning public opinion against Israel. That is what Hamas wants now.
Speaker 15: Yehia Sinha, Hamasa's warlord in Gaza, is reportedly demanding personal guarantees for his safety. I spoke to a hostage family this week. He offer me, what are the guarantees for my safety? We want to bring the hostages home, which means we want to bring them home so they can sleep safely in the beds from which they were abducted on October seventh. What are our guarantees that they are going to be safe? And they say, we want the hostages home. But also the Hamas terror regime can no longer be our neighbor, because we know that if we're forced to lift next to Hamas, it is only a matter of time until it attacks us again and does another October seventh, or tries to do it just as it has been promising to do every day since that day when it committed those awful acts of burning families alive and those acts of gangrape.
Speaker 3: You mentioned baby Kafir and his brother Ariel.
Speaker 2: What hope do you have that they are still alive?
Speaker 15: Hamas claims that they are dead, but we don't know that for a fact. They released a sick propaganda video, by the way, in which they told their father, who is also a hostage, that his children had been killed, just to watch him break down. And I don't want to imagine what horrible mental condition that poor man is in.
Speaker 1: But until we know.
Speaker 15: Otherwise, we have to assume that those two children are alive. And right now in a tunnel somewhere in Gaza is a baby and his five year older brother and their mother, and they are scared for their lives. And little fear BBus has been a hostage for longer than he was ever free. And how this is not the first thing that people think about when they wake up in the world right now, Look, you have UNICEF right now talking about a polio campaign inside Gaza to vaccinate children. What are their plans to vaccinate fear and arilb Bus? Those are the two most vulnerable at risk children in Gaza right now.
Speaker 1: And that is why Israel doesn't have the luxury of.
Speaker 15: Simply wrapping this up and saying let's pull back and let it be. There are one hundred and seven hostages there, including two children, and Israel has to keep fighting to put pressure on Hamas to let them out. And we need pressure from Australia on Hamas and on its backers on Cuta, Turkey.
Speaker 1: And Iran to let them go.
Speaker 3: We need you hear more frequent criticism from the Australian government from the Albaneze government of Israel, rather than you do for them calling for the release of the hostages. It's often an afterthought included in commentary rather than the main demand from our government.
Speaker 2: Look a big political issue in Australia.
Speaker 3: Over the past few weeks it has been the center of debate in our Parliament has been over the Australian government issuing nearly three thousand visas to Palestinians coming out of Gaza. What would be the concern from your perspective of bringing in from a terrorist controlled war zone thousands of people, and I should mention they're coming in on visitor visas so often without adequate security checks.
Speaker 15: I understand the very noble impulse to want to give a safe haven and a refuge for people fleeing a war zone, but Australians need to be a word that Gaza has a very deep extremism problem. Polls still show that a majority of Gazans think that the October seventh massacre was the correct decision by their government Hamas, despite everything that has happened since. A poll by the Doha Institute of Palestinians in the West Bank asked them whether they thought the October seventh massacre was legitimate or illegitimate. Zero percent said that it was illegitimate. Unfortunately, within Gaza, there is widespread support for the barbaric atrocities unleashed on Israeli civilians on October seventh, And if Australia does want to take in refugees, it has to make sure that it has in place a very firm deradicalization program. Two impossible if it is possible us to help wean them off the radical ideology that they were taught by Hamas and by UN schools as well through honer of funding that has taught them to despise the state of Israel, that has ingrained them with deep anti Semitism, deeply deeply ingrained in Gaza. Noble impulse to take in refugees, but you cannot simply pretend that the extremism problem and the support for jihad in Islamic terrorism doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're just.
Speaker 3: Turning a blind eye to all of this and putting humanitarian concerns above nowtional security, which is a huge problem. Ailon Levy, terrific to have you in Australia. Great to meet you in personal and Alon is here with J and F Australia and our interview was recorded before the news came through about the six hostages shot at close.
Speaker 2: Range by her Mus.
Speaker 3: Now after the break of final word from me about how weak Anthony Albinizi is.
Speaker 2: That's in a minute.
Speaker 3: Well to end, let's recap the major news on the show tonight that ASIO Director General Mike Burgess has declared that support for her Muss or October seven would pose a national security threat in Australia. We also learned that his view is that people who support a Palestinian state would be welcome in the country, but that any extremist beliefs or material support for her Mus would be a deal breaker. His words a deal breaker. After weeks of confusion, this clarifies his position on the Gaza visa issue and it now puts the pressure on the Prime Minister to come out and say that no Hamas supporters, no terrorst supporters. We'll pass the character test for an Australian visa. This shouldn't be something difficult to say. Any support for a barbaric, brutal terrorist organization has no place in our country and.
Speaker 2: It's a serious national security risk.
Speaker 3: As Sir Richard Dearlove made clear tonight, alban Ezy should watch Sir Richard's comments before it's too late, before there's a terror attack. Now, if you missed any of this coverage on the show, Sir Richard deal Love's interview is on our website skynews dot com dot au. So are my articles about his interview and Mike Burgess's comments that he.
Speaker 2: Made at a private gathering a few days ago.
Speaker 3: Now that's it for me. I'll see you tomorrow for another big show. But right now, here's the man with the biggest heart on Australian television and the biggest hugs, Paul Murray