Speaker 1: Hello, Welcome to another edition of the Daily Telegraph and podcast. I'm Michael Carryanas and looks like this is the new rotation for now. Brenery David Ricky, you guys are pulling the rank and demanding we should do You guys haven't been paid for your appearances.
Speaker 2: Time moves on, Buzz, time moves on. For all people. The only pony you can never beat is father time Buzz.
Speaker 3: Unless you're Wayne Bennett.
Speaker 2: Well that's true. A good point here.
Speaker 1: Speaking of coaches, a bit dramatic this week, Brad Arthur out, Trent Barrett in in the short term, and then a fair bit of conjecture over who the next Paramattic coach is. I think we've all had our say on the Paramatta situation and the way they've handled it, and Brad Artha no longer the coach.
Speaker 3: But let's throw forward a little bit, guys, Dave, who are.
Speaker 1: Some of the potential candidates to take over from the Eels at the end of the season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look, we can rattle off twenty seven names, all right, but this is the only little thing that concerns me with Paramatta. A lot of coaches out there they actually don't like going through an interview process and sitting down and getting the whiteboard out and the PowerPoint presentation on why I should be the coach of Paramatta. A lot of the good clubs identify who they want and go hard at him, which Paramatta did do to be fair with Wayne Bennett. But second to that, now it seems as though they're going to go through this vast process of trying to identify their next coach. And I just got a little bit of concerns over that.
Speaker 1: Can I just say about that, out of the guys that are there, how many of them deserve the right not to be interviewed.
Speaker 4: Well, again, the Paramatta club need to know what they want, what they stand for, what the vision they see, and which coach has the resume that they already know.
Speaker 3: You're telling me you can't do background checks on every car.
Speaker 1: I think the only one that they could slide into straight away with Michael Maguire.
Speaker 2: Always said, Billy, he's not going to do it.
Speaker 3: I still think you need to speak, you still need.
Speaker 2: You still need to gage, You're not going to Billy won't do it. If you just say Billy, just say Billy is interesting, he won't be Just say is he's not going to do an interview presser.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying to sit down and do an interview press speak to I don't think. I don't think ma won't.
Speaker 2: I don't think is so desperate for.
Speaker 3: I don't think he would mate. But I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think Michael mcgwid needs to do one. Okay, I reckon the rest of them, and probably Billy or I'll conceive Billy. But I think if we're talking about Jason, because Jason Rowles, the first question I'd be sitting there and asking him is why didn't you go to the Dragons, right, because they are reports that, you know, they need to know that that answer. If it's Josh Hannah, if it's whoever the case may be. I think the rest of them need to have They need to they need to interview judgment. I just hope that within the walls of the Eels that they've nailed their search down to three guys, because we've got a list of about twelve, right, I just hope they've nailed down to three like Saints did.
Speaker 3: Saints had really only roles Flannigan.
Speaker 4: Hornby, Yeah, and they kept that young and doing young.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: They kept it pretty tight. Yeah, and those they whittled the other two away pretty quickly. Cronulla knew they wanted Craig Fitzgibbon went and got him. And I just think that's when you know what you want as a footy club and what you meant like trying to work out what you want as a club depending on the coach, it's backward.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's a There's not a Craig fits given there though now everyone there's not a Camin Sireldo there right now. Roles is the closest things I agree. Why why aren't you the coach of the Dragons control a massive left field?
Speaker 3: Is it massive left field or the reason left going?
Speaker 2: I'd be chasing Mick Checker. He wants the job, he wants to coach therell He's got relationships with some of those players, notably Mitch Moses. If he coached with Lebanon, has a great relationship with him. He's an amazing man manager. He's an authoritarian, which that club. I think we all acknowledge needs someone with a strong hand to control that playing group. Now. I think he needs to write coaches with him. I think that's if he can come to you with a package and say, Okay, I want the job. I've got Josh Hannay going to do it with me, or Matt King, Matt kan Ros or people like that. I think you've got to take him really, really seriously.
Speaker 1: I'm I would be so intrigued check if I'm in Paramount. I don't know if I've got the guts to do it. If I'm being honest right like, I just don't know. If to sit here and say yeah, I would, I would full.
Speaker 3: Support it.
Speaker 1: I'd say I think Michael Checker because as you said, I think they need that guy that's going to get the best out of this playing group and connect with the senior players, and the senior players only have a short life, right Paramatt aside from probably Mitch's probably still playing. You know, he's at the top of the top of his game and probably has four or five years potentially left. The more I think about it, the more I would love to see Michael Checker as head coach of Paramatta, with the caveat that he's got two young football head assistant coaches or three, whatever the case may be, and they do thet they do the hands on and I think we You know, Michael check is not clueless on rugby league. Michael Checker will have his thoughts on the game, and we'll be able to read the game and understand the game. Some of the technical elements of the game, the fine tuning elements, that's what he will need to support with. But you know he won't be less hands on the WAYN Bennett's.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, it's a bit like WAYN Bennett, right. People tell you Wayne.
Speaker 4: Benner Bennett fans, if you are listening, if you are.
Speaker 2: Watching, I'm going you don't want hear.
Speaker 4: We've got to say, fans, if you are driving off the road, if you are about to like seriously throw this your AirPods into the bin listening to this rubbish about Michael Checker taking over Paramatta.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, I'm coming with you. How you can compare Michael Checker to Wayne.
Speaker 2: If you let me finish? Can you let me finish? Because people say that Wayne isn't the most technically gifted coach when it comes comes to ext's and nose, But what he is the very good man manager who has the right people around him. That's the comparison with Wayne Bennett. I'm not saying he's won seven Premierships. He hasn't. But he's been a great coach in rugby and he's a great man manager. I'm like, whilst he may not have the technical now so the game down path basically he surrounds himself with the right people, which he did with Lebanon, did a great job at Levan in the World Cup and again I'm not saying that's the NRL.
Speaker 3: And has worked at the roosters.
Speaker 2: Too, to the roost of the Robber rob doesn't, so this show does clearly.
Speaker 4: So you want Paramatta right, For the first time in eleven years, they have an opportunity to turn the page on the entire it's a club defining the decision this right, You want to gamble on a guy, correct? So long on a guy that's never coached in the NRL, so long as he's got the right support staff around.
Speaker 2: Him, Yes, correct, Yes, ludicrous.
Speaker 1: How many of those guys they're talking about coach? What you're saying is you don't know if you can coach because he needs the right who's.
Speaker 2: The laydown with their coach? Who do you want to give it to you?
Speaker 4: I'd like to go with someone who actually had who has been building a regionary coach.
Speaker 3: With Jason Royles, Josh had A, Michael Maguire.
Speaker 2: Are they any less risk than Mick Checker.
Speaker 3: No, they're not. So what's the problem, Well, sorry, yes they are. Yes, Well I'm convoluted voting Michael Checker, yes, checking, And I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm cheering it on because I'm so intrigued cheering the story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I always cheer the story, though, I do feel like paramountal fans want actual results. I think he could.
Speaker 1: I think you can get it. I think he could whip that plane group into shape. I think about the plane commander. The playing group is going to get ripped apart no matter what what, automatically, you know what will be.
Speaker 2: Who you're saying, who's gone name names, Well.
Speaker 3: I've already said it previously.
Speaker 4: The cap is too top heavy in the forward pack, They're outside backs are thin.
Speaker 3: They've got a fullback that's aging and injury prone.
Speaker 2: Left this deal.
Speaker 3: I think he's got twelve months, doesn't he twenty five?
Speaker 2: Okay, probably he's probably depending on how he goes and then moving to the centers.
Speaker 3: And yeah, look, I don't like checker at all.
Speaker 4: Hush as a person, a person, as an applicant, I look for this club.
Speaker 3: Perhaps I don't have to know this dicasion.
Speaker 2: What a story, a story.
Speaker 3: Let's make it happen.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on, Jim and Sewan, make it happen.
Speaker 3: Boys, they may listen.
Speaker 2: The bankers, Come on the banker, Wayne, he's even a banker anymore either. These retired to Baker. He was to work in a bank.
Speaker 1: A great just on movements at clubs, is I popularly here last twenty four hours that that's moved pretty quickly. We had the story yesterday that he was on the open market, and the day this morning you broke the back that he was going to your yesterday today.
Speaker 4: What's sunny was that this this the agreement to allow him to negotiate with rival clubs, happened a month ago.
Speaker 3: From the West Tiger's point.
Speaker 2: Of view, one no one let it out. I spoke to CEO this morning. You see, we got off three majors ago. I said, what do you tell me?
Speaker 1: I was filthy, But that's eventually how it did come out.
Speaker 3: This signing.
Speaker 2: I'm not sold on. I think he's I think he's been really poor at the Tigers. He was outstanding at Tobe this career. I understand it.
Speaker 3: It was a poor decision to go there.
Speaker 2: I just I don't know. I don't not convinced Bote well.
Speaker 1: I think the fact that you know he's been playing at Paramatta, He's spent large of that time playing outside Mitchell Moses, which helped him. The Tigers have been chopping and changing, haven't had any continuity signed under Michael McGuire.
Speaker 3: I have got an opportunity to play under Michael.
Speaker 2: Maguire and Jerome Lure if he stayed.
Speaker 1: There potentially, but now he might play outside Nathan Cleary or Jack Cole, you know, whatever the case may be. I think it's a good signing for for Penrith. I think it's a massive win for pup Lea to go from the West Tigers to to Penrith.
Speaker 3: On the fact that.
Speaker 2: We's going to a contender.
Speaker 3: He's gone to a contend.
Speaker 1: Another twelve months left on his deal. He's got a three deal, so he got two extra years. I'm assuming on roughly the same amount of money that he's on and he's on what do you say he's on reading seven fifty next season?
Speaker 2: The Tigers have all floated that and arm chipping in it's not a bad deal for the Tigers either, because they need to.
Speaker 3: All the Tigers fans that have reached out to me.
Speaker 2: So they don't can't loving It was the reaction on Twitter yesterday when we put the story out, Meck, it was Tigers fans giving it to us for saying it's a loss that that that he was about to walk out. They were saying, Look, the point is we've let him go and we're happy about it.
Speaker 1: With that amount of money and I'm not sure how much the Tigers' assumed, but it only be fair a little bit for potentially one year because then you had twelve months left on his deal.
Speaker 4: But the biggest question, if I'm a Tigers fan is why why haven't the Tigers coaching staff and sister been able to get the best out of Isaiah Poppelli of which we saw at Paramatta. And look, I think maybe you're right there's a factor of those halves not being as quality as what Mitch Moses is, but I wouldn't direct my if I'm a Tigers fan, I'm questioning the bigger picture here.
Speaker 3: Why why has a he was outstanding.
Speaker 4: Did you not get Dalli? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Para. I just honestly form has been on a slippery ever since.
Speaker 2: But how many players have gone to that club and got maintained this standard or got better? Maybe Uppy definitely, Yeah, anybody else?
Speaker 3: Pup was the only twenty five?
Speaker 2: Yeah, then we forget surprised.
Speaker 1: He's only twenty five, So I couldn't believe Up going to that Penrish system.
Speaker 4: I think that's a great same what does what back rowers can get out of their careers at Penrith. And it is interesting the fact that Penriths seen hell ben on getting a back rower. With James Fisher Harris going obviously, that means that either Scott Sorenson or Leam Martin whill transition into the middle with Linday Si.
Speaker 1: Maybe but not a top end right now. They've obviously identified. They went for David for feeder and now signed Papa Lee. I think it's a I think it's a great sign for Penrith and interesting for the Tigers because you're losing a guy's still got tremendous upside, but it doesn't look like he's the only one that might be out of the Tigers at the end of the season in the UK's rising.
Speaker 2: A bit of selling and buying if you can.
Speaker 4: So can you just tell Tigers fans what's about to happen at their club?
Speaker 3: Is it about to get ripped apart again?
Speaker 2: It's about to get gutted?
Speaker 3: Ye oh my god, here we go again. Well, I mean the trajectory was.
Speaker 2: Some of them are logical, right, I mean, Jerome Lloyd comes next year. They've got a lot too funny, young young kid going to be something, they think, But he's had hamstring problems. They've got Lucky Galvin, and they've got Bud Sullivan. They don't need them all. Bud's on huge money, hasn't performed, They're going to try and move him. That's logical, right, Brent Naden, What.
Speaker 3: Do you mean he hasn't Bud hasn't performed.
Speaker 4: I mean, I agree with you, hasn't before. But has he been given the opportunity of which he was promised?
Speaker 2: He's been given the chance?
Speaker 3: Sullivan. Yeah, he's a terrible boy.
Speaker 4: He's a terrible Who was the head coach there at the time when that was Benji and Scott fall right?
Speaker 3: So what's happen there with Benji and Jordan.
Speaker 1: They obviously thought Lucky Gallons probably kicked quickly. I think they always thought that Lucky Gallen was going to be a good player, but he's probably kicked a bit sooner.
Speaker 2: I think there was also a theory Locky gall of my transition to the back row or lock or an or an edge forward. But he wants to play six, I believe.
Speaker 3: So that's a big money deal. Half a million dollars for Sullivan on four years. Disagreeing with it, but the coach.
Speaker 4: Is currently there at this moment in time signed him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but on the advice of someone who isn't there still right, who played a big part of that deal. We all know he did. Yeah, play a huge part of that deal. He's not there. You are you clear, just say you're gonna have to chip in some money for Bud Sullivan. So they walk away three hundred green out of that seven hundred out of Papa, there's some a million dollars. Then you move Nayden, potentially Charlie Staines. There's probably another half of men, and you've got one point five million dollars to play. And you've got to remember that the simmering issue in the background. Is Stefano you toy Kmano. They have to Their plans are to put a huge deal in front of him. It hasn't happened yet as I understand it. They were going to do it before rich I went to the UK. He hasn't done well. I think you'll go to market. I think we all assume he did.
Speaker 3: But they've got to put on the show last week. Do you think you'll go. I agree with you, you'll go.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think they've got to put enough money in Well, they're going to try and put enough money in front of him that convinces him to stuff.
Speaker 1: It seems like, well, the Tigers won't play finals for you. I had a few questions about this. He's unlikely to play Game one of origin.
Speaker 4: I don't think the understanding is several front rollers need to fall over injured for Stefano to get a Blues.
Speaker 1: Jersey, So that means that he'll be on the open market at some point out of finals.
Speaker 3: Content we're talking could be soon. Well, I'll be like two.
Speaker 1: I know that they're out, but they technically have to do mathematically, so that's going to be an interesting development.
Speaker 2: Over and he'll go straight out, they'll go straight to market, start looking because as Dave noted, I don't think he's going to sign even if they put a mega extension.
Speaker 3: If they lose Ye Stefano.
Speaker 1: There's some suggestion that Bateman's been shopped. I don't know if that's true or not. The English press have sort of picked up on that over there, and we all know that there's not a lot on the player market.
Speaker 2: Well, there's obviously players in what you've got to what you got to hope for.
Speaker 4: If you're one of those struggling clubs, the Tigers of the Dragons. When I'm looking for roster changes that with the coaches change of South's and Paramatta, there's some player movement there because.
Speaker 3: The next coach coming in, like Wayne's going to shake up the South roster.
Speaker 2: Are you going to take from South? Wayne to let go looks realistically, who the mate.
Speaker 4: You might have might have to if you're tapping these guys, they might have to take something.
Speaker 3: He's not there. And then Stefano walks out the.
Speaker 2: Door, happy went there and playing outstanding football. He's going to potentially lose his front rawer and.
Speaker 4: What about sorry Hals went forward?
Speaker 1: So that is interesting but they must have We know Richard doesn't sit on his hands right, so they must have something else. Brilliant knowing that they were so.
Speaker 2: Was they're clearing money for something something aside from Stefano, something else on his radar.
Speaker 3: Which we're going from the South day.
Speaker 2: Maybe satell to Panuur.
Speaker 3: Good players solving their problems there help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think the top roosts are very confident Angus.
Speaker 4: Angus has played seven good games in two years.
Speaker 3: It was last year, but the year before that.
Speaker 2: Interesting. If the Tiger's suddenly thrown nine hundred grand at him, how that impacts things?
Speaker 3: That's a big money offer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, too much? Yeah, you've got to get him away for the Roosters.
Speaker 3: Yeah nine hundred?
Speaker 2: Have you eight hundred?
Speaker 3: But hang on, I don't think the Roosters will go to that.
Speaker 2: I'm saying you've got.
Speaker 3: To I think the Roosters will go to that.
Speaker 2: What do you reckon the six fifty from seven eight fifty? Yep, make you make a decision.
Speaker 1: Yeap hangers Crichton. We think you'll be there for New South Wales game one. Let's turn our attention to the Origin side, which will be announced on Sunday, Dave at this stage, maybe some crisis, maybe Monday in crisis Sunday night. The players on that this has been the most difficult side, trying to unpack this side. Who or may and there's lots of unknowns, right yeah, because Nathan, you know Nathan clearly Lockett seven, you know what I mean. And you know Bradman Best probably would have been the center, or Tommy Turboy would have been the center, whatever the case.
Speaker 3: May Camp Murray would have been in the team. So there's all these blacks.
Speaker 1: There's a half a dozen blokes that you knew were locked that suddenly.
Speaker 2: Call it across, you can call it whatever you like. They are ready swimming either cruising series can just about to pick your team now.
Speaker 1: Michael McGuire coaches, Bet you can't as Michael, there's Michael Checker coaching you.
Speaker 4: Sounds well, I like that.
Speaker 3: Where's Darren Coleman assistant?
Speaker 1: What else is Darren Coleman? Get to mention in this podcast? So let's go not who we think will be picked. Let's put selector's hat on for the Blues full back, Dave, who's your fullback?
Speaker 3: I'll stick with Teddy. I'll stick with Teddy.
Speaker 4: On the basis that Michael mcguian needs leaders to start his first Origin camp. He needs Origin players that know what it's all about. With no Nathan Cleary, I go with the leader and Teddy.
Speaker 2: I don't even believe this is being debated. New South Wales Australian captain always twenty two games in a row. Her the other night didn't realize that. I can believe it's okay, well, it's not you, it's me. We're talking about me. I can't believe he should be the first black picked, because he should be.
Speaker 4: I cannot preface my selection in saying that Dylan Edwards is like, seriously right in the frame as well.
Speaker 2: It should be. It's Teddy deserves a right to start the series. They lose came one right, Yeah, I agree with that, thank you, unless he comes up with a ridiculously good performances losing side.
Speaker 3: But yeah, well I'm agreeing with him in the pinion.
Speaker 2: Okay, Teddy, Yeah, reading animus on MS. Okay, let's pick a side and the majority gets majority majority of rules. That's how close we are. Okay, fair two positions, Yeah, you take over, chill, thank you? What about your wingers? I think wing its interesting wingers slightly to Limax Senners. Uh, you know what I'm going with Trell. I've come around to Latrell. I think it's quieton on Latrell. I think Latrell needs to be in the team because I'm a Queenslander and I hate to give a lage advice. But if I'm a Queen's lander, if you're going to say to me with your rather face, Jesse Ramian or Latrell Mitchell, I would say to give me Jesse Ramion every day of the week. Latrell scares me more than Jesse, as good as Jesse has been going. So I hope you picked Jesse Raymian. Ignore la Trell. No disrespect for Jesse, who's a good player and been going well. But we're talking about Latrell Mitchell. You picked Latrell and he hasn't been going.
Speaker 3: He played in the center since when.
Speaker 2: So what we're gonna You're gonna pick Tommy.
Speaker 3: That doesn't bother me that he hasn't played and he going that bad? Fair enough? That was that was That was a meek shot. Listen that here we have here, we have here, we have a.
Speaker 4: Coach that wants the spirit of New South Wales to drive their their ambition throughout this series and like it or not, a few weeks ago, articles begin to began to emerge that Latrell is considering out sitting out state of Origin.
Speaker 2: Was ever quite No, he wasn't okay, But my understanding in.
Speaker 3: The game long enough to understand was what.
Speaker 2: He said was I want to focus on South Sydney, nothing about Origin, and that became his contemplating city out origin.
Speaker 4: So war if if if I'm so desperate to play for New South Wales and a story like that emerges, I would be so peeved off because I'm desperate to play for the Blues. I love the Blues. I want to be there for you, mate. I want to run through a brick wall. The time the story emerges to the complete opposite to that, and we hear nothing at the time.
Speaker 2: Day the time Dave was a big.
Speaker 3: Trail to come out and say, hey, listen, I'm all in for Madge.
Speaker 2: It becomes what I think La Troll doesn't want a screaming back page that says I'm in for New South Wales. And suddenly there's a pylon, which there would be because it's the Troll.
Speaker 3: I think you are.
Speaker 2: Smart.
Speaker 3: Simple question of the press conference. The troil has made some conjecture, and.
Speaker 2: What wouldn't the trail picked up the phone.
Speaker 3: That's what I would that's Thursday and picked on Sunday. Okay, that's what I happened already. Well, that's I would have done.
Speaker 2: That if I'm maybe he doesn't feel he should.
Speaker 1: Because I'm sure you know if you need me, I'll be ready. That's what you need to do. I don't think that would be here.
Speaker 3: On the X Factor.
Speaker 4: Here on the X Factor Halves, Dave and Nika Hein.
Speaker 2: I was going, I changed my mind today because I've got on Latrell. So I'm going with Cody in.
Speaker 3: Winning South indiy combination.
Speaker 2: So good, just real quickly, last year, do we forget.
Speaker 3: I'm just going to take a left hand turn at the round about it.
Speaker 4: What about this spine of South Sydney this weekend is Cody White and Yeah Cook Latrell in another time. That's a state of origin spine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's almost an Australian spine. Only what he's doing only Cody hasn't played for Australia responsibility.
Speaker 3: Playing Let's.
Speaker 4: Check Walker Walker Walker Whitton Cook Mitchell good spine.
Speaker 2: What else we've got any other contentious positions?
Speaker 3: Let's look at Queensland?
Speaker 2: Why not Picky?
Speaker 3: Is there any contentious ones that Do you pick Valentine Holmes?
Speaker 2: I say, how can you leave Val out? It's been a staple of that Origin team under.
Speaker 3: Last year be going better than are you going to pick?
Speaker 2: Oh? No place and a long Dane and what he's done for his state. But they moved on from from people in Origin. Mate, you're asking them to move on from Val.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying, like, if they don't go, I'll be quite happy to have marking vows cards because.
Speaker 3: I'm not picking him.
Speaker 2: Blakes, we show respect?
Speaker 3: Didst year?
Speaker 2: He was that was in losing after a losing series.
Speaker 3: I'd be playing was a losing.
Speaker 2: Series, was it not? When they get dropped, I think we've lost the series to back winners. Yeah, when the gag go last year? Okay, take it back. I thought he went the year before.
Speaker 3: So what are you thinking? I think Alice CONFUSI got ushered out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Evolve evolved, Hammer and guy.
Speaker 2: Val and Hammer will be the sentence.
Speaker 3: I'm sure they will.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying's been like a bustard and playing well.
Speaker 2: And he's a goal kicker, but he hasn't been playing well.
Speaker 4: You're right, but he's to be fair, a lot of Cowboys players haven't been playing well.
Speaker 3: So you ruin a line through vow. You've got to rule the line through rub and cut out. No, No, that has been bad.
Speaker 2: He hasn't played.
Speaker 3: He's been bad, and gag.
Speaker 1: Guy has been good, has been good, That's what That's probably the only Again.
Speaker 2: Like Teddy given the first game, if he has a shocker, get rid of.
Speaker 3: Well. I said it last week. That puts the Queensland Jersey and turns into Superman, he does to drop him. I just think Guy has been playing better.
Speaker 2: Okay, you disagree with that, No, I don't.
Speaker 4: Just there's a real good debate happening around and then I think, how are you picking.
Speaker 3: Dave.
Speaker 2: He's a bit of defender. Did yes me and wax blokes, but he missed a few. I'm not saying there's I'm not saying there's a massive gulf between them. And what I'm saying is I think Tommy is a better dependent than it think, and Tommy's playing was outstanding. With your I love is a great player.
Speaker 1: Love Rey picks and chooses when he goes back into the Origin Crystal Ball, I think.
Speaker 4: I come back to the trail point on X Factor. Now Ezra has moments, he has my band Tommy did. It's consistent as big, loving.
Speaker 3: Great player was in Origin.
Speaker 2: When he plays very.
Speaker 1: Good the seven, it'd probably be no brainer, right Cherry, Yeah, if it was replacing Cherry Evans, you'd be going did and with Monster would say, unless you're going to move ben Hart, But.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't walk.
Speaker 1: Well, there was a question about Sammy Walker as well, but I think it's ahead of.
Speaker 3: Him for Origin.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about if the half goes Yeah.
Speaker 3: I still think I'm saying didn't.
Speaker 2: Probably still probably of Sam Walker wouldn't.
Speaker 1: But No, that's an interesting that's probably the one thing didn't. I think you got to pick a hot good in Yeah, I Reckon gets there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm concerned about him a little bit. I don't think he's had a great year. Yeah, Yeah, I think he was better last year.
Speaker 3: Was better last year. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think you're watching a pretty ordinary paramatter, so getting dragged down by him if you isolate his game, he's been pretty he's been pretty strong.
Speaker 2: You're right about the cowboys blokes and I caught did more than I caught it. I think too Lung he will be there because I think Cobbo went. I think he will be ahead of Cobbo, Cobo and Coats.
Speaker 3: Potentially Comba an injury.
Speaker 2: He's been playing, it's been great. Wasn't thinking got flicked after he's had an injury? Yeah, but if they picked slightly, If they picked slightly, I think you've almost got to have Coats because you've got to combat. He would are the great as well.
Speaker 1: Indigenous round this week, go back in time, boys, your favorite indigenous player for me?
Speaker 2: Baby love g I Big Games one of the great Queenslanders from Max the Big Games. I haven't seen many big, better big game players than g I have the year. What about as a kid, He did you like as a kid? Well, can I tell you my first memory of rugby league? I was watching it with my dad. I was watching watching Eastern Subury's play in a midweek MK Cup game and I said to my dad, who's that guy? And he said, that's Uddy Beats. The true story. That was the moment I fell in love with rugby league.
Speaker 4: It was your first favorite, not first favorite or just the one that always stands out in my mind.
Speaker 3: He's Preston Campbell just for everything that's good about the.
Speaker 4: Game in giving everyone a chance, and you don't have to be the size of paying Hess to have a successful career. And Preston had an ability to play the game well above his weight, dynamic and played a number of positions. He jumped in and he played fullback, one where he played a bit of seven and six, and then he played a bit of.
Speaker 3: Dummy half at one point.
Speaker 4: I loved watching Preston play and it goes down as one of the greatest, sorry, one of the worst decisions in rugby league history by Chris Anderson to let Preston.
Speaker 1: Campbell, yeah, and then getting him out of the poor Preston Campbell defend the middle. Should have one down there who was yours heart to splait Anthony Munday and Nathan Blacklock, for they were dragons. They were so fun to watch, particularly that ninety nine season where I just sold on the ball and doing back fleeps and he was money, was a freak, And I just love watching Nathan Blacklock. We always didn't if he hadn't scored the dragon and the dragons were behind a little bit. You always had the sense that, well he's due to score and the Dragons could win. You know, that were magical. That were absolutely magical to watch.
Speaker 2: Who's your favorite current one?
Speaker 3: I love Hammer? I love watching Hamison playing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just he plays with that freedom, He plays with that smile on his face, and he can just break open again that not many players can.
Speaker 3: He just glides.
Speaker 2: I'm on the trill, man, I love trill.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, no, no, I'm with you on the Hammer. We saw it on the weekend. He picked up the ball. That's that's much like Blacklock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just got so much more speed. Blacklock was such a weirk.
Speaker 2: He just seems like he's never.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's outstanding. Let's get into some listener questions. Who are the contenders for top four? And out of those, who do you think a grand finalists? That's from convoys? What's your top four?
Speaker 3: So you just having to think about this?
Speaker 2: This is a question without notice, Well not really.
Speaker 1: I gave you plenty of notice when I sent you the questions.
Speaker 4: We can't talk for his crono in first position, Melbourne Storms, second, Panthers, the Dolphins fourth.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say the Dolphins drop out and the Roosters go in. That'll be my top four.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say the same, but maybe Roosters or Brisbane will come in. Brisbane a bit worried about Melbourne that cam munster for a while.
Speaker 4: Yeah, true, Yeah, I'm with you guys, and I swapped the Dolphins out for the Broncos.
Speaker 3: Dolphins out for Roosters. What about Grand finalist? That of that? Well?
Speaker 2: I think Cone going good. Hey, yeah, I find it. I Reckonne Melbourne, he's my current thing with Brisbane will be there. Sorry, Brisbane Brisbane.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go Brisbane will win it to pri Roosters.
Speaker 2: Roosters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll go Sharks Roosters.
Speaker 1: Okay, snook. We entered this around Stefano Booners O five. Does Wayne need to move on to thirty five year old Cody Walker before next season?
Speaker 3: I'm going to say nope.
Speaker 1: I think he'll back himself to rejuvenate. I actually don't think Cody has been too bad right, He's sort of He's beat South's best player, Jacky Jack Whiten. The last couple of weeks. I think Cody's game is kicked again. So no, I would not be moving on Cody.
Speaker 3: Left.
Speaker 4: I think so Berner, I think you're concerned there is that if you're moving on, you suddenly left without you know, potentially without a Lachland Elias coming back from a broken leg, and if not not at the club, and then Lewis Dodd.
Speaker 3: From the UK Super League.
Speaker 4: So you're asking pretty big questions of your halves, of which we without Cody Walker?
Speaker 3: I say keep him for at least one more.
Speaker 1: All right, para Eels facts, will there be a further fallout from the brad Arthur sack and he isn't the sole reason our roster is a disaster, So Para.
Speaker 4: Eels Fax wants to know whether the head of recruitment or jam a footy or will go as well.
Speaker 3: I haven't picked up on any sense of that. I wouldn't think so.
Speaker 2: Well, Mark O'Neil's on the committee to find a new coach, so he's not going, I would have think so. I think there'll be some roster changes.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I think it's more finger pointing at the many charge.
Speaker 1: Mike wants to know why do we have seven tackle sets when a player drops the ball when going for a try.
Speaker 3: I could not agree more. It is annoying. The rules I'm brought in too.
Speaker 1: If you're contesting or trying to score a try for a seven to consider seven tackle set. The rule is brought in to stop blokes kicking the ball from forty meters out, kicking it dead, and negative players.
Speaker 3: I hate that rule.
Speaker 1: Nothing, nothing, nothing in the game annoys me more than a player that drops the ball and then kicks it dead and concedes a seven tackle set through frustration or whatever.
Speaker 2: Don't kick it dead. I agree, control yourself.
Speaker 1: It's branded juvenile. It is so dumb. But I've got a I've got a theory. I hate the seven tackle sets shows some self control. I hate the same tackle sets. I think that where.
Speaker 2: What do you want? Well?
Speaker 1: And it's to mitigate against this which annoys me the drop all you're contested a bomb or dropping boy of wine, and you consider seven tackle set, whatever the case may be, and to stop teams from going back in time and kicking the ball like Jamie Sower kicking the ball dead to try and mitigating Billy Slaters. If you kick it from outside the twenty right and it goes dead, you just get a change over from where you kicked it from.
Speaker 3: No more seven tackle sets.
Speaker 2: I reckon, this is your burner account and you want to put that on the map.
Speaker 3: I've said it before.
Speaker 4: I'm confused about discuss any other rule changes except the disruptor.
Speaker 3: Mike, can you see any next week about the distructor and I will discuss.
Speaker 2: I think that's rule I think this question is a trivial issue. It's not a big issue in the game.
Speaker 3: Disrupt What about my what about my real chan?
Speaker 2: You lost me? I've got no idea what your toy about.
Speaker 3: If you put the word disruptor in there, I'll start to talk about it.
Speaker 2: Days I was glazed over away of talking.
Speaker 3: And talking.
Speaker 2: Disruptor is wide away? Whatever your real change was?
Speaker 1: He gla mentioned Michael, check up. Check what game we're looking forward to this weekend, boys. I think it's pretty easy.
Speaker 3: Panthers Sharks.
Speaker 2: I'm not looking for the game that's a good one. I've forgot what the game like.
Speaker 4: It's all origin focus, boys, That's that's where it lies. Madge is going to be watching all seven games.
Speaker 2: Only Melbourne Manly biting a Brookie four points past that? Melbourne Manly, that's a good game.
Speaker 3: What about the other Saturday night games? South Sydney and the Panthers.
Speaker 1: Trent Barrett in the who would have thought at the start of the year that Ben Orb would be I can also.
Speaker 2: Make specially mentioned Broncoast, Gold Coast Big Game, these queens in Derby Big game Titans and turned the corner a bit big game. That'd be better.
Speaker 3: That's been great.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's see this time next week we'll have our state of origin size and we can dissect the inns and the outs.
Speaker 3: Enjoy your weekend of foot dinner. Oh wow, sorry, sorry, sorry.
Speaker 1: Favorite segment because you guys, how's your Monday TV shows going?
Speaker 2: That's killing it. A lot of people.
Speaker 3: At the end of their.
Speaker 1: Monday show they discussed what TV show they're watching. I'll watch Baby Rainy.
Speaker 2: Did you watch fall Out?
Speaker 3: No, that's not my gal's look at the frame.
Speaker 2: Sorry, futuristic futuristic stuff, living in the past.
Speaker 5: Man, it's what was the clown dinner? Quickly, quickly, I'm going to make before.
Speaker 2: I was getting a bit of work out lately. I'm going with the pork belly again. Put lots of sold, lots of oil on it.
Speaker 3: Quick. No LeMond.
Speaker 2: Chicken, sorry chicken and lea Oh I love chicken Elite leak, leak only chicken, chicken, bread and pence.
Speaker 3: That's my boy, uncle chicken and broccoli buscerole. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Did you just get a text message from is flour Making? That that sounds by average chicken lea Paul? Can you send me your recipe for that? Thanks?
Speaker 3: There you guys enjoy