Speaker 1: There's no pressure of a marriage, so we can really focus on our relationship and friendship. We both believe that we were meant to be in each other's lives for a reason, and this is the reason. And having that fifteen year relationship and experience with each other has developed this to what it is today.
Speaker 2: Hello, and welcome to separate bathrooms. We would like to acknowledge the Gadigor people of the e Or nation, the traditional custodians of this land, and pay our respects to the elders, both past and present. I'm cam daddo.
Speaker 3: I'm Ali daddo. Do you reckon we need to introduce our names at the top every time?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Why not? Because I reckon? The way I was trained is there's always a first time.
Speaker 3: That's right, That's right, I think first time listener.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so it's acknowledging the first time listener for you longtime listeners. I apologize. I'm Cammy.
Speaker 3: Well, I listened to a lot of podcasts myself, and so I'm a long time listener to a bunch of different podcasts and they never introduce themselves anymore. And sometimes I'm like, hey, like what if I don't remember who are you. I think people don't even speak, Like if it's a couple or three people talking, sometimes one person doesn't even get introduced or speak for ages and then you hear like another voice coming. I'm like, wow, it's like a maybe that's like an ongoing conversation.
Speaker 2: For me, it's about being respectful of our listener. Sure there, you know, I just want to respect them and go, this is who you're listening to right now, And I'm really grateful that you hear. And that's the way I was trained in this game. You know, I'm really only speaking to one person, and that's you who's listening, and I'm bloody stoked you hear.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 3: Speaking of respect, I'm going to segue into our couple.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, well with endings and beginnings and beginnings and endings leading to more beginnings lifestyle relationship cycles. That's today, right right. I did write this despite the usual Hollywood formula of happily ever after. For most people, relationships are.
Speaker 3: Messy, can be messy, yeah, and we all know the good ones and bad ones and some which exist squarely in the in between.
Speaker 2: And then there's the case of the X can you be.
Speaker 3: Friends with an ex ex boyfriend, ex husband, ex wife, ex partner, ex partner.
Speaker 2: Some say yes, some say no. We are human, we are emotional beings. We are and we are unpredictable. Today we've got a couple that have said yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, there's definitely more to it, so let's find out what. Please. Welcome Amy and John O Castano to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Guys, welcome to the bathroom. Let's get right into it, right, Just run us through your history quickly about your relationship and where you're up to today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, okay, Well we met really young, probably about what seventeen years age, Yes, he did. He lied to me about his age. He said he was two years older than what he was, so I am a little bit older than him.
Speaker 3: Smooth talking, bust.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so yeah, we've known each other for that long. We were together that whole time. Johnno was in and out of Sydney doing like football, so playing overseas, so it's a long distance relationship for a little bit. But then once he settled down here in Sydney, we were settled and it was just like everything was, you know, the expected thing to do, like you know, get married, have kids, by the house, all of that sort of thing. So we went on and got engaged. What ten years into our relationship about yeah, about ten years on our tenth anniversary, probably was in Hawaii. Yeah, so he proposed their beautiful posal. It was amazing, and yeah, we got married. What was that like three years after?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm trying to remember that. It's to be honest, I can't remember. Only people get a tattooed or something that looked down and.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so we got married and then it was what two years after we got separated?
Speaker 5: Separated?
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you both know? Did you both kind of look at each other and went.
Speaker 4: Maybe not? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I guess like my experience would be like it was all I've known, like my whole life game. He's obviously been my best friend and my soulmate for that long and I don't know anyone else. I think I was very confused at first, and it was extremely tough, feeling like I've failed. It was only after I'd done it, and it took a lot of time for me to understand myself and why I did that decision, And to this day, like I understand now why why it had to happen, Like we're even closer now like we're a lot closer. We're a lot closer friends, to be honest, and what we were partners.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we work so much better.
Speaker 2: So seventeen you met John, I you were twelve.
Speaker 1: And Harry already I'm twenty one, knows a little bit of Okay, so timeline's a little bit.
Speaker 2: We're talking the span of about your friendship and marriage lasted about fifteen years.
Speaker 5: Yeah that yeah, about fifteen sixteen.
Speaker 4: I was yeah, yep.
Speaker 2: And so now you are not together?
Speaker 4: No, correct?
Speaker 2: You with other partners?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, I have.
Speaker 2: Do you have kids?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've just recently had my first one, baby Ja. She's thirteen weeks now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So yeah, yeah, yeah, so thank you so much. It's quite funny because Amy's actually the god and the godmother of Little Jail, so that kind.
Speaker 5: Of you know, yeah, we got like you know, it's kind of yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and Amy and my partner are extremely close friends and likewise with me and Aaron, Amy's partner. Yeah, it's quite funny because a lot of people actually think we put on this act that we're actually all friends and yeah, they're like, you guys are just surely doing this life.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Published in social media I'm like, nah, man, like this is legit, like actual, like we're actually normal people when we get along.
Speaker 3: Has it surprised you how much interest has actually been in the fact that you're a divorce couple that are now friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, definitely. And I think there's such a stigma around that, being like, Oh, anyone that I speak to, I couldn't do that. I won't be able to do that. Oh, you're friends with his new girlfriend. Oh I wouldn't be.
Speaker 4: Able to do that.
Speaker 1: It's like, what why are you holding onto so much? Like if you hold onto that, I feel like you're not letting go and not letting what we have like develop and what it has developed into today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you grew up together. Like that's how Cam and I feel. I met Cam when I was twenty and he was twenty four. Twenty four, yeah, and so I feel like, yeah, we grew up together and no matter what happens, like that's that's just a really special thing. You know, you entered into adulthood together, like you two did, you're even younger. But you know, and if it didn't, you know, if you're able to move past it ending in a really horrible way, you know, I know relationships go south really bad, but I think you know, what do you what do you think that says about divorce? Then you know about what the world feels about divorce, that it feels like it should be on bad terms with your ex.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think it's just like Gamie was saying, that stigma that people create, you know, it's kind of that like as soon as you break up with someone, you never see them again. For me, I think each individual should looking a bit deeper and actually remember the positive experiences that you shared together rather than overpower the negatives once and I think if you can remember that, like we had such great times together that I'll never forget, I think that's kind of built that relation of being best mates now.
Speaker 1: And I think as well, like when it came to the end, the hardest part was we still wanted to be in each other's lives, but just not in that capacity. So it was like, Okay, if we cut tires, does that mean we don't see each other ever again?
Speaker 4: Like what does this mean? That was the hardest part for us.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking about the partners, you know. I mean, it's one thing for you two as ex'es to go. I still really like you, but I don't want to continue on an intimate level with you anymore. You are asking for understanding from the new partner, because I imagine a new partner might turn around and go, what do you still especially I mean not especially in your case. I imagine I know guys get a bit jealous. So new mate goes, well, why still hanging around with Johnno, this isn't cool, So how do you navigate that part of it?
Speaker 6: When I first got back into the dating scene, anyone that had an issue with that issue of me and Amy being best mates, I actually just stopped.
Speaker 5: Talking to them as a red flag.
Speaker 6: I said, hey, like, this is part of my life and it's either you go of it or you don't. And I've actually lost probably about two people that I was actually talking to.
Speaker 2: I would have thought that would have been the majority.
Speaker 4: As well. Yeah, that was the same for me.
Speaker 1: I was very upfront and quite blunt and being like I think because I went through that period as well, I discovered myself what I wanted out of a partner. So I think me being up from being like this is my baggage, unpacking it all straight up, and if someone did have an issue, it was the same thing. It was like, well, this isn't going to work then, because this is my life and this.
Speaker 4: Is what is a part of it.
Speaker 3: There's you know, obviously we heard we've heard a lot about Gwyneth and Chris doing their uncoupling conscious They're conscious uncoupling. Did you to seek any sort of outside help, therapy or anything to sort of help you through it? Because you sound really grounded and smart the way you've handled everything.
Speaker 5: Towards the end of.
Speaker 6: The relationship, we actually got our relationship counseling, which I think kind of worked really well in terms of like understanding emotion and because for me, I'm kind of like a person that holds holds in a lot and you know, like a lot of males do. That taught me a lot to express my feelings on how I'm feeling, and you know, if I'm not feeling this certain way towards Amy, like being able to actually tell her without just holding it in and she's kind of gone with the flow, which once again, so many guys go with the flow, and it's like twenty years on the track, they're unhappy, and I think to myself, like, you know, like why, but yeah, definitely got I've got a bit of help and did as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, And I think, yeah, that couple's therapy that we got taught.
Speaker 4: Me to listen.
Speaker 1: Okay he was holding it in, but it taught me to listen because you know, as females, we're always the right one.
Speaker 2: The record, just correct, correct, You're always the right one? Are you in the right place?
Speaker 5: Well that's what we're.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think that like opened me up to being like, Okay, he's actually, you know, trying to tell me something here. Yeah, so that was hard. That part was hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 3: And how have your families, both your mums and dads dealt with you guys being.
Speaker 1: Oh they're like our biggest supporters very much.
Speaker 6: So I still go over as well, Yeah, my parents as well his house all the time. Yeah, which I think that's such a beautiful thing to say as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's like, you know, our relationship, well marriage ended, not our relationship. Yeah, it doesn't mean everyone else has to be. And I feel like at the start it was so much like that, like people were picking sides and felt like where do I sit here? Especially our staff, like that was hard for them in our business. Yeah, yeah, in our business, Like people were like, oh, like who do I back in?
Speaker 4: But it's like where good?
Speaker 3: At what point did you you started the business and then you were separated? How soon after the business?
Speaker 5: Maybe yeah?
Speaker 4: Probably?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you think it was that? I mean, because clearly here you were, you were ten years together, then you get engaged, then you get married, you've started the business.
Speaker 5: What was it that sort of kind of just like teets it off. I'd probably say like, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I feel like towards end, there was we felt like best mates, Like you know, we weren't I remember towards en we weren't even sleeping together. And I think that's such a big thing in a relationship. Like you know, for me, my love language is touch and feel and I wasn't getting that. And I think kind of once I started to feel that, I didn't feel valued in terms of my well what I felt, and then that's when I was like, oh, you know, we're more best mates rather than lovers.
Speaker 5: But that's how I felt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm the same. My love language is touch. So yeah, when that connection is severed, it's very hard to I think bring that back when you go into like a different part or different dynamic which the relationship did.
Speaker 4: That was if you both.
Speaker 2: Reckon, you've got the similar love language, which is to and yet both if you let go, was it because of the business got in the way?
Speaker 6: Like I remember our relationia like every time that we got home, it was all about work, work, work, work.
Speaker 1: And we were excited about that. That was like everything to us. We were like, oh my god, this is what we can do with the gym, what we can do to grow up and everything else. But there was no other connection like how was your day or anything else.
Speaker 5: All.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 6: Everything relationships like, you know, having a bit of space as well, doing.
Speaker 5: Your own thing.
Speaker 4: And I would say it was very codependent, very much.
Speaker 2: So can you explain what that means?
Speaker 1: It was very much like I wouldn't do anything without him and he wouldn't do anything without me, like.
Speaker 5: On holidays, all the time together, yes.
Speaker 4: Or even out.
Speaker 1: So when we did it was such a different thing for us, Like if he'd go out, it'd be like, Okay, what's going on here? Like what did I do wrong? But that's normal, that's healthy to be without your partner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, how do you The friendship has evolved since the divorce.
Speaker 6: I'm more open with Amy and telling her like in terms of my downfalls and you know, for me personally, when I'm feeling my lowest, when I used to hold that in more information about that, and I'm so much more open with Amy now, like she knows absolutely my whole life, and you know, like if I'm feeling down from work or you know, I've got a comment and someone said something, or because I'm such a sensitive soul that I get fuel like I feel like someone says so and I'm like, oh man, I try to keep everyone happy.
Speaker 5: And I think that's probably one of my downfalls to the air. Like I said, it, just more open with her, to be honest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'm the same.
Speaker 1: I think there's no pressure of a marriage, like right, there's no pressure to be like, Okay, I've got to be a great partner, I've got to do this that all these things at home, these responsibilities. It's more so we can really focus on our relationship and friendship. We both believe that we were meant to be in each other's lives for a reason, and this is the rea and having that fifteen year relationship and experience with each other has developed this to what it is today.
Speaker 2: That said, now you've got your new relationship, do how do you plug in what you learned from this, relate this marriage into your new relationship so that that doesn't happen again, because clearly, I mean that could very easily happen again where you become mates and you're not you sort of let that side that matters to you go.
Speaker 1: For me, there was a massive, like probably two year discovery period of myself, which I needed because, as JOHNO said, we grew up together, so it was very much I didn't know who I was without him, and same with him. So when I did that, you know, full discovery period where it was just myself, I really found out and figured out what I value, what I value in a partner, and what I will accept and what boundaries I want in a relationship. And I think I'm quite harsh on that now, like very solid in that, and Aaron is very much aware and he's great with it. Like one of my biggest values is that I have my own life going on and he needs to have his own. That's one of my biggest things. Yeah, and he does.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: With my obviously current relationship with Simone, it's very different Simone and obviously Amy completely two different people, and we spend more quality time because we're not talking about business, we're not talking about anything. We're talking about each other's you know, what we love doing. And I think, you know, we're doing a lot, like we've got on a lot of holidays together. We're just saying that, you know, we barely ever got to do sometimes, So yeah, i'd say, yeah, that's kind of like for me personally what I'm trying to do now with my relationship.
Speaker 3: Good for you, good for both of you. Actually, you know, that's the only way to grow in a relationship is to be in a relationship, you know what I mean. Take take the good, take the bad, and understand yourself better. So I love that you both have done that.
Speaker 2: Because I brought this up with al the other day, for us, because people split, and this was maybe in preparation for you guys, you know, and talking with you guys, you often hear. We get along much better now that now that we're not married, we don't have the constraints of a marriage around us and stuff. And I was, like I said to Alie, actually, I think it's a great idea to live, Like why don't we put in our marriage that that I'm.
Speaker 3: Trying to remember this conversation.
Speaker 2: It was one of those. It was one of it was a serious. Instead of breaking up, instead of splitting up and divorcing, let's put ourselves six months down the road, like, Oh, we get along so much better now that we're not married anymore, that we don't have that. What are the constraints that we're putting on ourselves that stifling this relationship. Let's live like that now so we don't have to leave the relationship. Remember that, because I said I have no intention of leaving our relationship and you said neither do I. And I'm like, great, what's sitting on us that's creating this feeling that we're like, oh god, it's heavy, and I don't want to be that guy that walks around going on my ball and chains at home. Better get a whole past, Better do this. I hear it all the time, and it breaks my heart when I hear it from other men, because it shouldn't be that way. We choose right to be married, and we should continue to choose. And yet you know, there's this moment, so you guys chose to walk away and still be friends. I would like to be friends, be lovers, be the whole thing with ol. You know, I want to have the whole kitten caboodle. I want that we've been together for a long time and things evolve and things change. Gosh, I've done a lot of talking in last minute, do.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: I totally understand.
Speaker 2: What do you guys say to that?
Speaker 6: First of all, I totally agree, and I feel like we just put so much pressure on ourselves in terms of like being like a perfect couple all the time and trying to impress everyone, and we actually just forget on what a relationship is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I totally agree.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, I totally agree with that. But I think there's more tour in the sense of sometimes connection is lost, sometimes your values don't align anymore. You know, at the start they might have and at the start they did. We were what's seventeen years old, and we were like, he's everything to me, and it developed into it being that we were everything to each other. Everything else didn't matter. But there is a whole other world out there that we both weren't exposed to because we got together so young. Yeah, yeah, I guess it was just our mistake that we didn't allow for those boundaries or restrictions to be upfront with them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I guess you would do it what you knew, won't you?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like that's I think we all just muddle through. I mean, yeah, there's things that you know in our relationship that I would actually now cringe and just go, oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: But yeah, yeah, I just was doing what I was like, it's all.
Speaker 2: How much more sand in this bed? Can? I?
Speaker 5: Why did he not wash his feet before he got an It's so true. It's so true.
Speaker 3: Have you found yourself giving advice to people now who are going through divorce or do you have advice for people going through divorce?
Speaker 4: Do you are you become a bit of a sage for all that now?
Speaker 3: Well hit you're on our show, so clearly, yes, a.
Speaker 1: Lot of I do get say John and I post a photo together, or you know, I'm holding Gia post a photo with her or Simmy, or we're on holidays together. People see that. People just reach out and they're like, this is so inspiring. Like, you know, I'm currently going through a breakup and I just wish to get to that point. But I think to get to that point. It's two people that want to sure and you cannot control what that other person feels or wants, and you kind of have to be accepting of that and also allow time to heal. Time heals everything. That's what I always say. So I think that is the main thing that I would take away from from all of that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's small, you know, I'm like, wow, Like you know, you know I actually felt that. For me, I've always said no, not really, you know, I still feel like there's part of me that felt that I could have done more. You know, it's just me as a as a human. But yeah, definitely, I wouldn't. I just try to stay away from stuff that I don't know, Like if you talk about health moness and hey, I'm your guy, you know.
Speaker 3: Right that may be a relationship expert. How would you feel like if Jia, you know, she's sick, she's madly in love and she's like this is I want to be with him forever and ever?
Speaker 5: Dad, what happens?
Speaker 2: I think Dad just got a shot.
Speaker 3: I mean, our son is he's been with the same guy since he was sixteen, and know he's twenty four, and I don't see it ending.
Speaker 5: It's like it's yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Guess, yeah, that's kind of one of those things that you never see ending, right if it was jail. Yeah, Like, I guess you have to meet the guy and make sure he's a good person and go for it. Treat my daughter right, and that's perfect.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's that's as far as you take it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, right over here will just be like, yeah, I know, so tricky.
Speaker 2: Wait you wait, get it's such a tricky thing because especially when the kids are adults, they're adults, you know, and they they've got to make their own choice. So it's that whole thing about when you talked about acceptance. I think that's part of getting older too. It's that it's that straddling the line of acceptance and intention about what you want. You go, okay, because it's tricky because you can't be telling what you what to do. You can say, here's my thoughts on it. But even then, how do you give your thoughts if they ask for it or say I'm about to tell you something you want to hear it? That whole yeah crap. You know, parenting adult kids is a tough thing. But we're talking about relationship we're talking about you guys being in a relationship and falling out of a relationship and then continuing another one, which I think would give a lot of hope for people. You mentioned the word values before your values changed, and that might have been a cause for what while you guys ended up taking separate paths in your communications with people that you're dealing with, would you say fight for the relationship or what's your sort of take on that? Having been through what you've been.
Speaker 1: Through now, Yeah, I think you do fight for what you want, and if a person is what you want, then absolutely fight for it, do everything that you can. But I also think there gets to a point where that fight just doesn't give any more. You can't give anymore. When you get to that point, that's when you kind of have to get to that acceptance space and be like, Okay, what is next? This is what I want? Maybe that person. Because we are dealing with humans and feelings, you can't control that at all, and that's where you kind of have to go, Okay, maybe there's someone else out there that can give me what I want.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it's hard to get to that as well, right, you know what I mean? Like to actually understand or like, you know, the next step. So hard for someone.
Speaker 1: To comfortability as well. We were so comfortable in our relationship. Yeah, I don't want to rock the bike exactly.
Speaker 2: Was it always that way? That's like, like particularly when when you first decided, Okay, I think we need to separate. Was there every ever a moment where things got heated and or has it always.
Speaker 4: Been with the Columbia?
Speaker 2: So how did you navigate that stuff?
Speaker 4: That was?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Look, yeah I think, yeah, that was a very bad Sure.
Speaker 1: We actually for socials had to film the day that, yeah, we broke up, and then the day after you had to come over and film, and we just you could tell in every aspect that you know, when I look back at it, I'm like, wow, that was such a bad day. But we had to get through it, and we did it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hell did you get through? Because I know people that are going through absolutely hell. Yeah, what did you do?
Speaker 6: I had to suck it up and I knew how much obviously the job meant to Amy and I needed to be part of it.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I sucked it up that day.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 6: Okay, just kind of sucked it up, And it's just took on all the pain and just like held it all in and just kind of put compartment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, pretty much with it.
Speaker 6: And then as soon as I finished, I just literally ran out of a Yeah. But you know I felt the motion as well, like you know, like I cried as well. It was, Yes, such a tough time.
Speaker 4: Well, there's phases, right, like very like grief loss.
Speaker 1: You're losing something that obviously means a lot to you, So there is the phase of like sadness, anger, then acceptance. I'm sure there's a lot of other phases that we all went through. But yeah, I think just with that, I learned to just leave the conversation if it wasn't going anywhere, And we obviously learned that in our couples therapy, so kind of like prepping us for that. Yeah, you know, just to leave the conversation if it doesn't get anywhere, and then you pick it up when you can actually talk again, rather than you know, going at it.
Speaker 2: How did you find your therapist?
Speaker 4: I think maybe just I think it was just Google.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a couple therapy Sydney.
Speaker 3: Found the right line and was it was was it the first.
Speaker 2: One or did you go through a few?
Speaker 1: It was the first one. Yeah, it was the first one. Yeah, she's probably listening or it was on zoom, but.
Speaker 4: She's probably like, where are those two now? Like they never came back and booked an appointment?
Speaker 2: How many times did you go? See it?
Speaker 5: Five?
Speaker 4: Five times?
Speaker 1: And then you go to we did We did it ages ago? Remember we did it like ages ages ago before our marriage.
Speaker 4: We did. We saw him for like a year.
Speaker 5: Yes, we had someone and then we use someone else.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but we still see therapists now, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we both see separate therapists now just to work on ourselves.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Now you do have a baby together in the sense of your business as you called it before, Yes, tell us a little bit about that and who what roles? Is it like a fifty to fifty business or how does that work with the two of you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's fifty to fifty. We open up during COVID, so Jim got twenty three employees. Now, when everything was happening, it was difficult to like we spoke about choosing sides. It's what we always wanted to do together and still continues to take up our everyday life.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well we've grown it from one location to two locations. It's now an app as well, so it's on the app store, Google play Store, and we also have fitness apparel as well. So within that four year span, we have definitely grown it fantastic and you both found just off like on the same page. Business mind like, there hasn't that's been an easy path for you on the in the business side of things. Definitely, there's obviously strength that Johno has that he pushes me to like way over my limits, which is great because it's something that he sees in me. He sees that I can do more great and believes that I can. Yeah, so you kind of need that in your business partner, and then the same with him. You know, he's obviously he comes to me for certain things, and I obviously give him advice. So yeah, I think we play on each other's strengths.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you talked about before with your employees and friends when you split as well, that they didn't know which way to go, And I mean imagine that must have been hard because we live in a society I think where people want to be right and they want to make someone a bad guy or a good guy. It's easier to follow that way. Was that did you have to take the people in the business aside and go and like have a meeting about Okay, now we might have split in our marriage, but this is how the business is going to go.
Speaker 5: We did think how long did I take to do?
Speaker 4: It took a while because we still were fit.
Speaker 1: We wanted to have that time to ourselves to be able to navigate through what we're actually going through. Obviously there were chatter, there was you know, feelings of okay, something's not right here, but it was also during COVID lockdowns, so people didn't know what was going on, so it wasn't very apparent to them that something was going on with us. Obviously there was feelings, but not a massive amount, so we were kind of lucky in that sense.
Speaker 2: You guys are great and brave, and thanks for coming on and talking with us about it, because I'm sure if you're looking at it from an outside point of view on Instagram or something, it's like, oh, it's a great we're friends, but there's there's a story behind it, and you weren't hard to it's where you are absolutely and I reckon it's really important that people know and understand that because I can dream into a situation where if I might be in a situation like that, I'm going God, these two did it so seamlessly, so easy, but there were bumps and bruises along the way, and you did have to have patience and acceptance, and it took time.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Thanks for letting us know that it would be really easy to go, oh yeah, it was done.
Speaker 2: Why can't you be like those two and just get over it, you know, and let's just move on? Brilliant. Hey, we do I think called the two minute shower where we get you to answer questions quickly.
Speaker 5: You're right, quick show you.
Speaker 2: So you go first time?
Speaker 3: What would you say is your best quality?
Speaker 5: God, above and beyond o?
Speaker 4: My goodness, wow, drive drive. Yeah.
Speaker 2: What the world needs more of is loving people.
Speaker 1: I was about to say love, yeah, burpies or watching a good movie.
Speaker 5: Choose watching a good movie? Same yeah, same, like it's a burpie.
Speaker 2: Just you guys are in the business. If you were to choose one exercise to keep you universally in shape, what would it be.
Speaker 1: We're out of the shower, probably running running.
Speaker 5: Run, Yeah, it's good, good mental release.
Speaker 4: What would you say running the same.
Speaker 5: Change? Some people universally yeah, go for a swim.
Speaker 2: Last question, one word to describe each other hustler Jesus.
Speaker 4: In a good way. Yeah, in the best assert assertive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's what makes you good business partners exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's perfect.
Speaker 4: Dream team.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, thank you so much for coming in and sharing your story. And as Cam said, it's it is inspirational in the sense of knowing the hard work the therapy. We're big proponents of therapy in here. So yeah, thanks for being honest and sharing what you've been through it. It's really great talking with you.
Speaker 6: Thanks for having it, and I hope it does help any couples that have gone for the same thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, same journeys us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, us too.
Speaker 2: Was that surprising for you?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 3: In some ways may be a little like I really valued their wisdom.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I actually found it really refreshing the way they spoke about each other and their experience. I mean, it was certainly different to anything we've done on separate bathrooms. It's all been about how you fell in love, how you stay in love, you know, So that was really interesting to have that married, divorced best friends still have a business together. Like I thought that was just a just an interesting story to listen to them both.
Speaker 2: I wasn't sure what we're going to get. I really wasn't, and I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The thing, what's why I asked them at the end about how easy was it, you know, to navigate that and for them to be so honest, Yeah, and just go, you know what, we had our sticky, sticky times. It wasn't great.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: I loved all that because that, to me was okay, not to diminish what they said at the beginning where they got to, but to also know that, yeah, it is a challenging time and because we are human, we have emotions and it can be met. Yeah.
Speaker 3: A lot about forgiveness, which is love always nice to get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is a great It's a really good perspective. And look, if you're going through anything like that in your life, I hope that you gleaned something that there is hope. Yeah, you know, for some even if you're not meant to be together, that you can actually.
Speaker 3: Continue somehow, somehow have a relationship of sorts. Absolutely, Thanks everyone for listening. We'll catch you next time.
Speaker 2: Bye.