Speaker 1: I record this podcast on Gaetigo Country. I'd like to pay my respect to the traditional custodians.
Speaker 2: And I'm recording on Urando Country, part of the cooler Nation. Let's go.
Speaker 1: I know you're going to dig this. It's like I've been given like an extra sprinkle of something.
Speaker 2: You've got layers, Yeah, I got layers. I was just thinking, I'm like, we're just such beautiful storytellers.
Speaker 1: You make a lot of sense to that girl. No, I'm done.
Speaker 2: Let's be honest to go.
Speaker 1: Look at us in our little love era.
Speaker 2: I love a lover.
Speaker 1: I'm loving seeing you online with your girlfriends. It's so nice to see. I feel like.
Speaker 2: When we started this like podcast, I feel like we've been on such waves with our relationships like single, dating, single, oh my god, turmoil.
Speaker 1: Well look at you. You're deep. You're like deep in love and it's good to see.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: How was being home in Perth?
Speaker 2: It was good, family was good, had some Honestly, mim being in a relationship has really like helped me heal some of my family relationships and hers actually, so we have both had sort of like these She's had like this intervention type thing with her family. And then I've also had like a reunited like being reunited like after years of like not talking, like it's it's been crazy, Like I feel like relationship, you know, it doesn't always happen like that, but it's been bloody good to know, like your family are really supportive of your your relationship Tom, isn't that Yeah, And everyone's involved.
Speaker 1: And I should get along with your family.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely. Me and I had our first fight yesterday. It was fun. I'm like a little bit like two steps ahead of mir in some cases where like I'm thinking of things that I need to do or we need to do to like, you know, like we're going on a road trip. We've got to check the car, check the oil, check the water, make sure the dog's okay, you know, et cetera, like have an eskie. You know, I'm thinking about all of those things, and she's just like and I'm like, maya anyway.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I actually asked her dad. I was like, can we come around and you just check me as car and make sure it's okay. Like she's got a fucking Suzuki Swift and my driving nine hours, Like who knows what that thing can fucking do? You know, got no power anyway.
Speaker 1: She got a Suzuki Swift. We're driving nine.
Speaker 2: Hours, like the littlest car ever.
Speaker 1: I know, I've been in the back of it. My knee's hitting, I.
Speaker 2: Know, right, so like and so Dad's like trying to fix this. You know, she doesn't have any squirty thing for and it's raining the next day.
Speaker 1: So she doesn't have any squirty things, you know, like that, can you come check the squirty thing?
Speaker 2: And the windscreen? Wife is doing this and I'm like, oh my god, I'm so annoyed. She had no fluid, like her oil was low. It was a disaster.
Speaker 1: But like you want to say to her, your raggedy ass car and gonna make it.
Speaker 2: I did say that in a different way. I said, this little bomb man going.
Speaker 1: Overwhere we're gonna get the camera. She's gonna be asleep.
Speaker 2: So Dad's trying to fix things, and his dad's like, you know, he's like really expressive, and he's like, you know, like he's in it. Like she gets her acting vibes from a dad I reckon. Anyways, and she's trying to help us, and she's like getting over stimulated. But I'm like, I've asked him you fuck off, like just go do your own thing. Let us do this, and she wants to be a part of it, like constantly yelling at him like don't do that like that way and you're gonna break something. I'm like, oh my god, I like bit my tongue and I was like, thank you so much, my girl, like appreciate it. Got in the car and I said, babe, you need to not lose your shit at your dad like he's trying to help us. It just comes across. And this is what I said, word for word. I said, it just comes cross a little bit ungrateful.
Speaker 1: What did she say?
Speaker 2: She took it personal, but I said to her, I'd rather tell you this stuff in person rather than me, like it makes me feel. The how it was making me feel was uncomfortable because I don't have fucking parents, So seeing that and how ungrateful she was being towards her dad who was helping us, I was like nnah, like I don't. I don't put up with that. And I was like a bit like harsh, but I came around and I understood, but like, yeah, it was our first fight because she went straight for taking it personal, and I said, it's not a personal attack. I'm just saying to you, like when someone is helping you do something, don't like don't knock at them and like, you know, like don't be ungrateful, like just appreciate it. And she's like, yeah, I know, by I know, like he's gonna fix it, and he's probably gonna break it before he fixes and like just let him and then deal with it later. Like she was like so, and then she came around and she was like but like we had to do full circle, like it got like not hated, but I was like, I just just know, like I love you so much, but that behavior I won't accept. Imagine if Pete was trying to help me do something like Pete, out of all people, like he's beautiful and me AND's dad is fucking beautiful, like he's so gorgeous, would literally do anything like And imagine if Pete was trying to do something to me and I'm knocking at him like no, don't do it like that, don't do it like that, now do it like this and this, And then she has no idea about any type of car, like her oil was low, and I'm like sitting things there, I'm like, oh, my god. So yeah, it was a very valid fight, but I think it was really good for us to get our first one out to go. But oh my god, I have to say that video that Danny and you folk posted about the divorce, honestly, like, if that's not the most accurate thing I've ever seen in my life, hilarious.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me give you some contexts because these videos are definitely Danny's idea.
Speaker 2: But yeah, who comes up with the ideas most of the time.
Speaker 1: Most of the time, Yeah, Jenny, Danny. Okay, Jenny, who does you know? The editing? And it's his idea and I'm sort of along for the ride.
Speaker 2: But then and then who gets mad when you don't do it the right way?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a good question. It's normally me. I normally have a bit of ego that comes into play, and I'm like, Okay, the camera angle isn't getting my best angle or the lighting star of the show. I literally said to him the other day we were videoing us doing this video and the angle had like half of my bicep cut off, and I was like, Babe, they can't see my full bicep. And He's like, you are such a loser, I'm quitting. So I'm like, I'm the diva, I'm the movie star, and he's he's dealing with my.
Speaker 2: Antiques director and editor and everything. Yes, it's so funny because like being now in a relationship, me and mem have this conversation around content, like, obviously people are you know that she got a message the other day saying some girl actively goes on both of our profiles to see if we've posted anything because she's invested in this relationship. And I was like, I don't know if that is creepy or cool that people are invested. It is nice, but it's like, okay, but we literally drove nine hours from Sydney to Melbourne the other day and we didn't take a single photo. We were so invested in the road trip that we didn't even shoot content. We didn't even it's our first road trip. And I'm like, babe, did you talk a lot? We didn't even we talked the whole time. Wow, Okay, crazy, And that's what I thing. Like there's a fine line with like creating content together and like say, like having a business, et cetera. Like, obviously, social media is my business and it's my part of my life totally, and it's good to have someone like Mim who it's the same and I feel like you probably feel the same way, right, yeah, Like, but when your whole relationship is public, you're also then open to scrutiny, and like that does scare me, But I feel like I feel very secure in our relationship that we would just be really open if anything was to happen. But I honestly touched would and like, you know, I feel very confident that I can say, like, whatever happens will happen for the reason. But you know, we're pretty locked in, yeah, at the moment, and I think for for a long time.
Speaker 1: That's really cute. I love that. I think with Danny and I, in terms of content, we are very specific about what we put out there, Like, yeah, you know, Denny's page and my page are completely the opposite. We're very different in terms of what.
Speaker 2: We're putting quite a following.
Speaker 1: He's got such a following. And I'm telling you, I wake up soon as I post a photo or a photo or a video with Denny, I wake up and there's like one hundred and fifty Colombian boys following me. Like he's got his's like, you know, he's God, he is following that are just like constantly interacting on his social media. So like I've all of a sudden like become an influencer in Bloody Columbia.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he's famous and color.
Speaker 1: You know, it's so funny. I say to him, Oh, babe, next time we go to Columbia, we're gonna have to get security, like as a joke.
Speaker 2: I love that you guys have ticked off some things like holidays, et cetera. Like we're at that new stage where we're kind of like planning bigger things. Like we went to Perth obviously, and that was like a holiday, but it didn't really feel like a relaxing holiday, you know when you're seeing family and.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that. But I've made like a was not a choice, but like a commitment to Denny that we will get back to Columbia once a year, which is super important because he hasn't been able to do that in the past. And I said, you know, your family is really important. You live so far away from them, So every second year we will go for Christmas. So this year we're going for Christmas, and that's booked him for the end of the year and the start of twenty twenty six, and then we're also doing Europe together. So let's hope that this time spent in each other's pockets is gonna be okay.
Speaker 2: It will be fine.
Speaker 1: I'm my gosh. I might need to like go for a run or go and spend some time by myself.
Speaker 2: But yes, that's a hard thing balancing and relationships. Hey, also just talking about relationships. Me and Mim have been so invested in this whole Jojo seewa Cathbs situation. I swear to God, every single gay is listening to kath Ebbs like whole spill about what Jojo Siwa has done.
Speaker 3: The story goes right now. In the last eight hours or whatever, I have flown. I flew here and I went to the live show to show up for my partner and support them in their experience and then obviously later on address my feelings of like hurt and like work through them like all relationships do. But before I could even get back to the hotel, I it's actually crazy, went to the after party with with with my I guess now X crazy thing to say and was dumped in the party. I was told that there are confused feelings. Did with that what you will, and that they had realized in the house that I wasn't the person that they wanted to spend the foreseeable future with.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're friends with kath Ibs like you guys know what.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say we're close, like I have to preface and say like we were friends. We haven't hung out in like years. But I did send them a message to say, I hope you're okay. I've been seeing a lot of stuff and a lot of people concerned for Cath. Yeah, and I was like I have to reach out and just like let them know that I'm, yeah, feeling really bad because I think the whole Yeah, I think both of them are really under a microscope right now. Oh.
Speaker 1: It is crazy to think that, like this was the ending that nobody expected, because you know, just in Marti Gras, they were together and Jojo was living in Australia, sort of living this low profile life and living with Cath and having these amazing moments they you know, in Australia. In Australia performed together on stage at the fair day. They looked like the ideal couple and looked like they were each other's person. Do you think that JoJo's level of fame contributed to the breakup?
Speaker 2: Well, can I be honest and just say I've never really been a fan of Jojo Siewell, Okay, Well, I think like, and this is only my own perspective, is that I have I can sort of see and understand, Like I watch Dance Moms and I knew, like what Jojo went through when she was younger, and that experience would have been crazy. And then having fame that young, there's got to be some psychological things that you experience and you probably hold on to and I don't know if they've actually dealt with them now being twenty one, And I.
Speaker 1: Also had wait, she's twenty one.
Speaker 2: She's only twenty one.
Speaker 1: No, oh, this all makes sense. This all makes sense.
Speaker 2: Sie. You don't want to be age discriminatory, but.
Speaker 1: Twenty one, come on, and this fine.
Speaker 2: Maybe twenty seven, twenty eight or something like that. But like I have been like not following, but have been seeing over the years, especially with TikTok and then like Instagram and then also the media. Yeah, Jojo has gone from relationship to relationship since she was young, and like the controversy around what sex she's gone from pant sexual, which is so fine. I know that jet like sexuality is fluid, but she has gone from pan sexual to being a lesbian to now not being a lesbian, to being more just queer, so she's identifying as queer. She even explained that she had jumped alphabet like letters, which is so fine, and I get sexuality is fluid. I definitely like feel that on so many levels.
Speaker 1: Because honestly, what I will say is, when you were doing that, I was thinking, maybe it's just that's the same as you What do you mean, like you've gone from a straight relationship to a lesbian relationship to you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So like still bisexual hardly.
Speaker 1: But people could put you in that same box as in you've gone from men, you know. So yeah, I think that, Like my.
Speaker 2: Girl friend has expressed it, she's just purely a lesbian and she's nothing else where. I'm like, well, I'm in a lesbian relationship where I'm like girl and girl, but I still am attracted to boys, but I'm not attracted to anyone else in my relationship. Totally yeahgous, but like yeah, and this whole unpacked like like seeing it, like like I just folding in front of everyone's eyes. It's crazy, Like I don't know what I would do if I was kath Ev. Danny goes on Big Brother. Danny goes on Big Brother UK, you see similar behavior to what Jojo and Chris are, like, what would you do?
Speaker 1: Honestly, I've had this conversation with Danny and I'll tell you why. Because Denny was going to go on Survivor Columbia, right, so he applied. There was, you know, a high likeliness that he was likeliness likelihood that he was going to be on this show, and we had a conversation around what would happen in the house and the Foundation house or the island, it's different. They have a house, so the winners go to a mansion and it's like a completely different setup. So if you lose the challenge, you're living in the slums, and if you win, you have a mansion where you have alcohol and all the crazy things can happen. Right, So it's like the Big Brother House.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's like a Big Brother slash. It is Black Slash Survivor.
Speaker 1: The thing is, people get into relationships on those shows and they cross lines from what they communicated to their outside partner all the time, especially in the Columbia season. So we had a conversation around what would happen, and we talked about respect, you know. So if he went on there and he went against what we spoke about, which I'm sure this is what JoJo's done, I would absolutely be gut it. I would feel totally disrespected. It's on an international level, everyone can see it. I would also feel like they didn't care about me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I feel like keV has expressed in their video like they feel humiliated and betrayed. Yeah. Oh my heart breaks. Obviously, it's so hard seeing someone who you were once friends with and like seeing this unfold and not being able to do anything or let them know, like I did reach out. But at the same time, you're like, you're just so hard when it's so public.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, So, okay, if you went to support your partner at the finale of the show, you're there in the audience, you are showing your love and then they take you to the after party of the show and break up with you at the after party, like you could in what world? In what world is that?
Speaker 2: Okay, because I feel so sick, Like.
Speaker 1: How isolating is that twenty.
Speaker 2: Four hours from like Australia to London. Yeah, and then the next day yep, hole my, Like I would have a pit my.
Speaker 1: What is crazy is that Kath went all that way after seeing all the footage, still supported Jojo in the moment and then gets burnt. She's totally burnt at the after party and dumped. How isolated? How alone would she have felt in that moment? You know, It's such a disgusting way to do it. So I really hope that Kath is, you know, feeling all right. And it might be that she's dodged a bullet here.
Speaker 2: I think so, And like, you know, and you know what I.
Speaker 1: Say, Karma's a bitch and your shirt and I'm better. But I also want to get your take on Jojo. Do you think this over the top? I'm you know, the CEO of gay pop Vibes. Is this giving yeah? Is this giving desperation? Is it giving pick me energy?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What is it to you? Because to me, I feel like I saw an interview where she said everything that was you know, the pr around Karma was her, but then she said everything from that moment forward hasn't been her and it's been orchestrated by a team. And these are the words that came from Jojo in an interview. So I want to want to know like recently, Yeah, it was recently. So she's saying that the whole team has orchestrated this vibe, this bad girl vibe, and it's not really who she's her core, she's a good girl. She doesn't like going out and getting you know, doing shots. She even spoke about doing fake shots on stage. It was apple juice, not patron or something like that. You know. So she's giving this fake uh I don't know, say yeah, fake persona to the world for what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like I saw like a TikTok video of where Jojo was explaining like she there's two JoJo's and like JoJo's like controls her life and then there's like Jojo who is like this type of person and she's just going to get in Taken from.
Speaker 1: Which version did Kath get?
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I mean. Like, I mean, you know, in all honesty, we all have different modes and versions of ourselves. Like you had have a presenter mode, you'd have a podcast mode. We all have different modes and I fully support that, Like, you know, when your life is so public, you have to be and switch into those different like personas or modes and versions of yourself. But the thing is you can't when it's a part of your brand, Like you can just acknowledge that. I think, like, just that's a part of my brand and it's what I do. But I'm just concerned that like Kath got sold like the show and everything like that, and then when it didn't convenience Jojo, Jojo was just to drop them. And I think like that has been a common trend from Jojo, Like if you look at all of her relationships, Maddie, if you go back through a deep dive, like they have bounced from relationship to relationship. And I'm not saying like Kath wasn't the one for them. Apparently they had asked Kath to marry them, Like all the controversy around like this relationship, it's it's heartbreaking to see and it's like, well, I don't want to have an opinion on the relationship, but I also feel for because it's like one hunt. But like that's what I mean, Like it's so hard to see everyone also have their opinion, but not, No, we don't know what the fuck is going on with them. And I've never liked Jojo like I'm not That's my own opinion on her personality is like I don't connect with her. It's like similar to Taylor Swift. I don't connect with Taylor Swift like come for me Swift is but come for me Jojo Seaer was fans like.
Speaker 1: Does she have any I don't know. Can I ask you a question? You think that this let's call it a media relationship, you know, between Jojo and a public public relationship, not a media relationship. Maybe people think that I'm saying it's just for the media. No, And what I'm saying is this public facing relationship. Do you think that Kath was also enjoying the spotlight put on them during this time? That's an any question. But the reason I ask is because people take opportunities. Maybe Jojo wasn't the love of her life either.
Speaker 2: And I'm not so connected. The lesbian world is so connected, I must admit, because like the person that actually introduced them was g Flip.
Speaker 1: There you go, so like.
Speaker 2: Everyone knows everyone and I'm like mem and I often chat about this because it keeps coming up and our Like we were listening to Cat's video on the way on our road trip and I was like, I can't help but like break, like my heart break for a friend that a person who I knew and like actually knew how caring they were. But I also can't sit back and say, well, you did also get into a relationship with someone who like has a track record? Yeah, it has a track record. Isn't the most like mature. I would say, like, has somebody fucking growing up to do? Has some growing up in some therapy. I'm like, I'm not not gonna be mean here and save anything more harsh, but I think like Jojo is giving like like little bridy energy and kind of like when she gets into a relationship, if it doesn't serve her and it's an inconvenience, it's like next this is and that is not good, Like we know and like I'm guilty of it. I have jumped from relationship to relationship, but also I'm seeking a standard of person that I want to be with at the end of the day, like I've done the work, But I honestly don't think she's done the work. That's a big call. That's a big call.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I just want to also just go back to my question around the do I think Cath was taking an opportunity this is my opinion, No, this, but this isn't my opinion. This is just a question that is out there and it's something that has come up, you know, in the comment threads. But what I would say is that Jojo at the age of twenty one, you know, no excuses, but this person is, you know, really at a point in their life where they the wheels are falling off, you know what I mean, Like nobody has their shit together at the age of twenty one. I'm only just starting to figure shit out and get to know myself at the age of thirty. So it's like there's no excuses. But also maybe if you're going to date someone who is twenty one, these are some of the things that you might come up against. These are the risks, you know. And and I feel for Cath. I think that you know, if she she's been really hurt in this, then it's it's absolutely terrible. But also I think she might have dodged a bullet, because how can you feel secure with someone who's you know, that flippant when it comes to relationships. But you know, it's not for us to judge.
Speaker 2: Honestly, there's no judgments, no justice. Like everyone is talking about it, everyone has an opinion on it, but like, you know, take it easy with You know, kath is going through a hard time, I think, and she was under a microscope right now. Do you think Chris and her will end up together?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no, you.
Speaker 2: Know he's thirty two, look and she's twenty one.
Speaker 1: You know what, age is just a number. My mum and dad were thirteen years apart. Once you get over the age of eighteen. And I'm not like discriminating against that, but what I will say is that there's probably a lot of emotions in chemistry that is tied to the show that's going to die down, and they're going to find out that, you know, either you know, they really like each other or they don't. I think that in the moment this was locked in the house, you're locked. Come on, did you know that?
Speaker 2: Twenty days? Okay, that's twenty days so long? I know, how do you start saying I love you to someone you don't know?
Speaker 1: Well, we'll soon see a play out. But what I do want to say is like, you know Kath now Kath Ebbs. That name is now in you know, the minds and hearts so many people around the world, so she could capitalize on this.
Speaker 2: I think Kath might get that much pussy after this. It's going to be exactly what I mean, Cath get all that pussy. Yeah, get a girl. Kath's video after, you know, getting like over two hundred something thousand likes.
Speaker 1: They took it down and we took it down. I would assume that Kath maybe a season desist.
Speaker 2: I wonder or like her, you know what.
Speaker 1: This will come out sixty minutes threat.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be This is honestly, remember.
Speaker 1: When we definitely.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty five highlights, you know, and big moments. This is probably one of them. But Jojo Sewa emotional cheating.
Speaker 1: Do you think that jo made Cath sign an NDA.
Speaker 2: There was some legal threat? I'm gonna say maybe there was some legal threat maybe or they took it down because but I think they put it back up on Instagram.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna like, Okay, do you follow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's on Instagram? WHOA Okay? No, that wraps this episode of First Things First you've heard it here. First Things First, mccathabs Jo want to bunkle. We love a little scandal. All right, we'll see you next week. Thank you so much for listening to First Things First. If you love us, leave us and rating and review, and if.
Speaker 1: You want to get in touch, follow us on socials and slid into the DM's Brooks handle is at book do Blurt and the Minds at Its Maddie Meals, and you can follow all the nov podcast action over at Nova Podcast Official. Yes I will marry you.