Speaker 1: Really it is so time for it. Let's go girls, let's do this.
Speaker 2: That was newsreader Abbey just doing some moves, some Britney moves.
Speaker 3: I presume was that the knives around the pole Instagram?
Speaker 4: What it was?
Speaker 1: Just that's that's what can happen.
Speaker 3: We told you about bringing machines.
Speaker 5: Sort wants you to be absent from our party to not because you've got a nipple injury.
Speaker 1: Watch this space.
Speaker 2: If you do see Abby at the French yes tonight, make sure you check on their welfare for nipples nobody. Okay, that brings us to chick chat. So we've got news reader Abbey Singer this week.
Speaker 1: Or we hooked up the General and I are together now.
Speaker 2: That's right, okay, our security peacock for the Saga day, have a last day and stay for an AFL for my bread.
Speaker 3: Producers.
Speaker 2: Are we happily single and very career driven and super successful at it?
Speaker 3: I have to say, in your twenties, aren't you?
Speaker 6: Del I am how much midur I'm mid right now? I'm twenty five.
Speaker 3: Twenty five, yeah you can still be mid to what twenty six?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've got one more year before In my late twenties and that makes me feel real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you had a conversation with some girlfriends. You had a little week and a work I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the girls in Brisbane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the girls.
Speaker 6: I went to a busy for an engagement party with about six girlfriends. So it was lots of chicks and lots of chatting. And we stayed in therevy and being you know, we'd had a couple of sherbets and we were chatting all things relationships. Going through a pretty recent breakup, so they were asking how I'm going bah, And the subject came up of how long should you wait after a relationship to start dating other people, specifically to get in your next relationship, And we had really different opinions amongst the six of us, Like it was quite a gap, I guess.
Speaker 1: And we're all the same age, sort of similar stage. So I thought I'd better ask.
Speaker 3: Michel's So where do you sit with it all?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: I very much believe you need to give it some time.
Speaker 6: I think, do whatever you want, you know, for a hobby, but when it comes to an actual relationship, I think you've got to give it some time because you've got to fix yourself before you can love.
Speaker 5: Someone else, Like fishing or something like. Hobbies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know, you just get dressed up, few drinks.
Speaker 2: Hobbies Yeah, yeah, like sewing classes, that sort of thing showing.
Speaker 5: Some people do that.
Speaker 7: You throw the line out and you just see.
Speaker 1: See what comes. See if you get a ni.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you get a carp. Sometimes you get a mackerel.
Speaker 1: Who's sometimes you get a crab.
Speaker 5: A lot of calf out there, a lot of calf out there.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's wrong with right now?
Speaker 3: Where do you sit with it?
Speaker 1: Abs?
Speaker 3: How long do you have to wake from from a serial data?
Speaker 7: Okay? So there's a thing out there that says you should wait half the time of your how long your relationship went for. So for example, if you if you were together with someone for a year, you should wait six months.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't like that.
Speaker 5: It depends on the circumstances. That's a long time.
Speaker 3: That's marriage.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And I think, like you said, if you're just going for a bit of a fish and a bit of a hobby and to see what carp's out there, yeah fine, whatever, a few weeks cool. If you're looking for a relation, yeah then yeah maybe, And like you said, you need to do the work. You need to get your head clear, because as we know, going through a break up his crap, and it really throws your self confidence, your self worth and all of the things, and you need to work on those two them be able to attract a better caliber human. So, but you know there is the other saying that to get over someone, you get under someone.
Speaker 3: I just feel like it depends if you're the dumper or the dump pee. Also good if you've been dumbed, go your hardest, do what you want to do.
Speaker 2: You have no obligation or responsibility to the person who dumped you. However, if you were the dump pee, then I'd be a little conscious of how you're going to make.
Speaker 6: That other person feel, especially in an age of social media and such where you find out pretty quickly if you know all that sort of game.
Speaker 7: If your ex is yeah on dating apps, stuff isn't a nice feeling at all, especially if you've been together for a significant amount of time.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten. Let's do this this morning. How long do you have to wait to enter a new relationship just.
Speaker 3: Before you go abs? Like, what sort of bait do you use when you go fishing? I'm curious with the peacock.
Speaker 7: It was just I've put a bit of my hair on way road and threw it out there, made sure I smelled nice, yep, and that got him over the line.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, hag you on Brisbane catchingy toadfish up there.
Speaker 1: I came across carboard two.
Speaker 3: Just a little nibble.
Speaker 2: I guess what, mate, you've been the car oh?
Speaker 1: I just all bones.
Speaker 5: When's it okay to move on from a relationship, Cursy, Kirsty.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you have to wait when a relationship ends before years.
Speaker 8: I think, I don't know. I think we all know emotionally when we're ready, don't we. But you do have a bit of fun to start off with, and I think that's important as well after a long relationship. So I met my partner five months after and we've been together for eleven years and have a daughter together. My previous relationship was fifteen years and I was married.
Speaker 3: So wow, okay.
Speaker 2: I do think you can some people when you hear this quite often, Cursey, don't you where some people just start out with the intention of just I'm not interested in a relationship.
Speaker 3: I'm just having a bit of fun bah bahlah. But then it can quickly turn into something.
Speaker 8: I agreed. You just got to be open minded to it. I think I think originally a lot of people are so scorned, which I definitely was for a while, but you get over it, and then if you meet the right person, they help you to heal, don't they.
Speaker 5: Yes, absolutely, cur what a beautiful message calls.
Speaker 2: I don't want to throw you under the bus here, but you were just a bit blase when you met Krawa.
Speaker 3: Are you're just like, I'm not really keen on anything too serious.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: She was coming out of a pretty very long relationship as well, so we're both in a space where it wasn't forced. So I think that's I wasn't like, oh now I'm looking for a girlfriend, So it was.
Speaker 3: A yeah, it was just organically was organic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was absolutely organically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 7: Are you saying that you both went fishing and caught a catch?
Speaker 3: Yes, a catch of the day.
Speaker 5: Yes, she caught a delicious carp and I caught a really really prime bacro.
Speaker 3: You've got a salmon. She's elite.
Speaker 2: There's something not quite right in that fishery analogy, and she's she's done a hell of a lot.
Speaker 5: Worse than times. Sometimes a carp and a samic can swim in the same bowl.
Speaker 3: Tracy, how long do you have to wait?
Speaker 1: Trace?
Speaker 4: Well, I agree with Kirsty. Actually I came out of a marriage and I kind of found my partner also, and then we waited three years and now we've been together seventeen years and we've got two beautiful children.
Speaker 2: So that's perfod, that's beautiful, Thank you, Tracy.
Speaker 5: I think what the message here is that our true love is blind and you never know where it's coming from, and there's no rules.