Speaker 1: Welcome to First things First. I'm Brook Blerton. My pronouns are she and her.
Speaker 2: I'm Maddie Mills my pronouns are he and him. And before we get started, I'd like to acknowledge the custodians of the land on which we record, and for me today it's the Galligal people, even though I have my eyes.
Speaker 3: Closed, and for me also on Galligal who act.
Speaker 2: It is so exciting because we're in studio.
Speaker 1: I know you rarely come to Sydney, but here we are.
Speaker 2: I'm going to put a petition out there and i want our viewers maybe to sign it. Brook Blurton should be moving to Sydney because what you're going to get today is a whole next level of First things First. Whenever we're in studio, it is always fun.
Speaker 1: It is always a good time.
Speaker 2: So what is it going to take for you to pack up and move to Sydney?
Speaker 3: Maybe like a good job? Yeah, job that would get me here yep, and not just for a temporary time, like a full time something manifesting.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm manifesting.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm here to do the film, so I'll be here for quite a while. So I mean that will be a little tester.
Speaker 2: A little tester. Yeah, and I'm going to make sure you have the best experience in Sydney so that your mind is blown off, like what this city could be like for you, because I feel like you have bad experiences that you know, linked to this city from when you were younger and living as an eighteen year old and Zetteland, like.
Speaker 3: I was twenty one, but I was pretty young. Yeah, but I mean, like, I don't know. I do love Sydney for work because there's so much happening and when I come here, I'm like, Okay, it's all exciting. Yeah, it just doesn't really feel I don't know, like a place that I would probably call home, Like I just know that I would be here and I'd be in the hustle, and I don't want to get lost in that.
Speaker 1: Like I've already kind of got lost in that.
Speaker 2: You're lost in it in a gray like city that doesn't have much to offer. Sorry. I know many people from Melbourn probably listen to us, but it's just not your vibe. You know, it's not your vibe.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is my vibe?
Speaker 2: Your vibe is a city that is surrounded by nature, so that on the weekends you can get out and be in the sun and have it ventures with your friends that are like adventurous. Who cares about going to sitting in a bar and drinking a cocktail or seeing like being indoors all the time? You know, I feel like you are an outdoorsy girl and Melbourne doesn't offer you that.
Speaker 3: I think I gave it enough time that I've needed to, and I think it is time for change.
Speaker 2: And I think if you're going to go home eventually to Perth, you need to give this city another shot.
Speaker 3: All right, Well what are we And we're in October, so we've got three months, all right, four months.
Speaker 2: Well, the film at the end of the year is going to be a good tester, as you said, And I think that at the end of that we can have another conversation.
Speaker 3: And we'll come okay, business consultant, We'll.
Speaker 2: Circle back to this. I'll find a job for you that you'll love.
Speaker 3: Money is now my co host slash lifestyle and manager manager.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need one of those.
Speaker 2: You know. There's a lot of acting opportunity here.
Speaker 1: YEA true.
Speaker 3: Well, now that I'm actually an actor, I can actually say that I am.
Speaker 2: It's just kind of funny if you don't want.
Speaker 1: To add to the resume of fucking shit things that I'm doing so.
Speaker 2: Long the amount of things that have come out of your mouth about your experiences of work, like on this podcast, it's so weird You've got a receipt that is just like I.
Speaker 3: Mean likewise, but it's like you have to do the shitty jobs to enjoy the good ones. Yeah, but then I'm like, I have too many options in a case where I love doing so much because I need variety and change. Yeah, but at the same time, I need consistency and stability. So it's like such a conintuitive of like.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know, I just I never know what I want. That's the whole thing.
Speaker 3: But it's funny because Capricorns are like really quite serious. I think I've been a bit too serious, Like I think I need to have a bit of fun.
Speaker 2: Oh well, this is not the city for fun, I must admit, but we will make it fun.
Speaker 1: Why why sitting all the time for fun?
Speaker 2: I would say Sydney in the summer. No, in the summer, you can make it fun. But what I will say is like this city had a massive change around a decade ago, and before that time, this was the city to be in. This was the city in our country that was, you know, recognized as one of the funnest places to be and I had a really vibrant nightlife. Now it's trying to find itself again and I feel like they're shifting away from Sydney.
Speaker 3: Gone in the closet.
Speaker 2: Do you reckon Sydney?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it's gone back into the closet.
Speaker 2: It feels a little bit like that. But what I will say is that Sydney should really amplify what it knows and what it's great at, and that is it is a harvest city. Let's beach. Let's talk beaches, beach clubs.
Speaker 3: You know, I want, I want this city to like Okay, well, okay, let's come on. I want to ask a question. This is such a random question. I've just thought about it in the moment. Okay, So if if each state or city was a type of person and star sign, what do they do as a job?
Speaker 1: What would each city or state be?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a really good question.
Speaker 1: So what is Sydney.
Speaker 2: I actually think Sydney's probably close to a Gemini or an Aquarius.
Speaker 3: Okay, the fun uncle, the fun aren't the aren't the gay uncle.
Speaker 2: I think Sydney is like the cool.
Speaker 3: Cousin, the cool cousin that you want to keep going and hanging out with, but like distant.
Speaker 2: Probably don't have much depth. But a pretty you know, like the pretty the pretty cousin, but doesn't have much depth.
Speaker 1: And what is Melbourne?
Speaker 2: Melbourne is the quirky emo cousin, and probably the cousin that's you know, quite alternative and wearing very smart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: It might even be in a rock band trying to find itself, continuously find itself, you know, probably does try it, try doing a lot of different things. Maybe you know, plays in a band on the weekend. Might do you know, acting yoga, probably chai, late drinker, maybe March.
Speaker 3: Actually I think they're a virgo.
Speaker 2: A virgo okayist okay, I actually think they could be a Capricorn in your tripful capricorn.
Speaker 3: But they're too serious, it's quite okay. What's the Norman territory?
Speaker 2: Oh fucking rogue, let me tell you what is the Northern territory? You know? Star signs? What is the star sign that is just a bit scorpio ah, scorpio or a cancer.
Speaker 3: Come on, cancers are emotional, I don't think Yeah, maybe I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think a scorpio like fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 2: Probably Northern Territory. Whenever I'm there, it feels like it's just everyone's having a festival every day of the year, like it's a party. It's like, okay, I mean, I do got the best time.
Speaker 3: I thought it was going to be the road uncle that's always out fishing and boating and that you just see him like probably.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, Perth, Okay, I think I've got this one.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: The thing is there's two types of Perth people. There's the Golden Triangle type of people where a bit like they will wear their sweaters on like the top of their shirts.
Speaker 2: Oh you did that and then you lost it? What's the universe telling you shed it? Let it go? Girl?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I lost my jumper today. Perth is like see.
Speaker 3: I would say it's similar to the Northern Territory like song wearing chilled out like relaxed dad vibes.
Speaker 2: Okay they relaxed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty sure, it's relaxed dad, like, ok, don't.
Speaker 2: Give a Fuckin probably twenty years behind pretty much. Yeah, still says inclusive, but a little bit.
Speaker 1: Non progressive language. Yeah yeah, good may.
Speaker 2: How yeah yeah, probably day for.
Speaker 3: It, send it that kind of language, but kind of like inspired unemployed kind of vibe.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, okay, Well I think Perth is quite good looking and so that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well then that could be your hot cousin too.
Speaker 2: That's probably doesn't grown up in the unemployed.
Speaker 3: Golden tranquil throw them on the But about Hobart, Oh.
Speaker 2: An absolute fucking hoe.
Speaker 1: You reckon yep, sweat for an island.
Speaker 2: The reason I say that is because people always go on not even called Tasmania. We don't even call it Tasmania. We call it Hobart because there's not much to offer there. But you do go there if you want to really cute weekend away with like you know, it's it's your rendezvous, it's your side piece, it's your side it is your side piece. Paddle across in the canoe, you know, across the.
Speaker 3: Waters, and yeah, you see your side However, often everyone's side pieces.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't have a side piece. What's the mountain, Mount kun or Mount Mellington. Even that sounds sexy, it does, well we say, well, what about the Gold Coast fucking Queensland?
Speaker 2: What star sign?
Speaker 3: Oh gold Coast crab cancer.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah, I was thinking like maybe leo oh.
Speaker 3: Actually yeah yeah, tourists, tourists Leo, yeah, masculine energy, yeah yeah, pretty. We've got three states in Australia that are very occer perf Northern Territory and Queensland. Is that I'm not saying a lot about our country?
Speaker 2: I mean, is like the brand right for this country, international.
Speaker 1: Brand act camera is a sexy.
Speaker 2: Lady, Oh but boring, Like.
Speaker 3: That's me.
Speaker 1: I'm a bit of camera, A bit of camera for me.
Speaker 3: Ye girl into her books, she's smart, plays tennis, got.
Speaker 2: A big lake. Oh my life, what did we kick this segment off?
Speaker 3: It's going to be even more silly. I hope you guys stay on the ride.
Speaker 1: Well, it's going to be a little bit more silly.
Speaker 2: We didn't leave anyone out, did we. We've done essay, We needed to essay. What is essay?
Speaker 1: I think essay is a bit of a grandma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've forgotten sibling.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe the runt of the litter, you know, right down the bottom there, Maybe they're a bottom essays.
Speaker 1: A bottom essay is a bottom yeah, wine drinking bottom.
Speaker 2: No. Look, I am actually hosted the social media something estate for the New Southwest government, right and I had to dig at essay because they're hosting the second day and the essay premier came over and he did his opening address and he said, you know, oh, I'm so happy to be collaborating with New South Wales, but we must say that essay is, you know, the best state in the country. And all I could think was like, how the fuck do you have the confidence to stand up there represent the shitter state in the country and be like this is the best state. It's like, it's just it's not on the radar.
Speaker 3: It's a sleepy grammar. If it was in Sleepy Gradma.
Speaker 2: If it was in Big Brother, they'd be saying essays playing under the radar, playing under the.
Speaker 1: Oh, the underdogs, the underdogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean that's why you know, I.
Speaker 3: Hope we haven't racked on your state. If you are from different states, we.
Speaker 2: Love you all, but also tell us what you think.
Speaker 1: Honestly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure this is going to be the social video, so you let you let us know what you think about this episode, we're doing a bit of like a ask us anything, Yeah, and we've got some questions and these are some of the most googled questions, and some of them are surprising. Some of them aren't. Like, I mean, who is Maddie Mills's partner? That's actually quite surprising for me. The people don't know that, not that they don't know who it is, but who's looking at that? Like? Who is looking for my partner? Do they want him? Do they want me? I want to know.
Speaker 1: Maybe they heard on the podcast and they were like, who is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Maybe? Or is it like the Colombian officials is getting deported now?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 2: But let's go through these. Okay, let's go one at a two.
Speaker 3: Because he just racked on the SA government. They're like, I want you okay, all right, let's go through them. So all right, first one, what did you say? Who's Maddie's partner?
Speaker 2: Let's let's do one at a time, all right, go for go? What is Brooke Blurton doing? Now?
Speaker 1: What the fuck am I not doing? That's the question, that's the real question, guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who aren't you doing?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 2: It is there?
Speaker 1: It is don set.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so what are you doing tell us?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: So currently I well, I'm studying acting at full time at Howard Fine and three days a week. I also work as a youth worker as a boarding coordinator at MITZ, which is a Belwardine Indigenous transition school. I just finished my second book of a sequel for teenage fiction, so I've written written two books. I am also working on a film in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: So are we actually acting? Which is fun?
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 1: I work as a podcast host.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at Nova, I do social media, which is my job. I am a dog mum, I am a sister, and I fucking do everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do a lot. I do a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wear many hats.
Speaker 3: I also obviously host and do a bit of presenting work and a lot of speaking work about my story and everything. So quite a bit. But I mean, I love it, you know, I said. I love variety, and I love change, and I love keeping my plate full. Yeah. But yeah, I think people are always really curious to know what I do. And I think it's because they can't set down to one role, yeah.
Speaker 2: Which I love. I love being able to be flexible.
Speaker 1: And it's called freelance, guys, And look it up.
Speaker 2: But also isn't that just great as a creative to be able to choose and be able to create different things and have different things going at once, Like for me, I know that's the reason I'm not locked into any contract at a network. As soon as I'm locked into a contract at a network, I feel like everything else goes out the window. I don't want a full time job. I want to drive the car where I want to drive it and like metaphorically, and do what I want to do, you know, with all the different things that are going on in my world. So I'm like, yeah, being lockdown ain't the vibe for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in terms of jobs, but my relationship you locked Yeah, okay, next question, So who is your partner?
Speaker 2: My partner is Denny. We've been together for a year now, which is super cute, cute, and it flew by. Do you remember when I first got with him and the conversations like, how has that been a year? I know, but it's been great, Like we.
Speaker 1: Have listened to the pod for this long.
Speaker 3: He'd actually know how it sort of evolved, which is pretty quiet cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really cute. We were together in the beginning, we broke up. Then we got back together and it's been a year since we got back together and really sort of figured out what we wanted and it's going, you know, really well. So he's a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful man, and I'm so happy. Sometimes I feel like I'm really I like this feeling of feeling grateful when someone's in your life. You know. Sometimes I just look at him and I'm just think, oh, I'm so grateful. Yeah, and I'm sure he thinks the same, and if he doesn't, he should. Yeah. No, but yeah, so okay, the next question is Brooke Blurton single?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, okay, next okay, Yeah, how tall you?
Speaker 2: I am six foot one, so I'm about one hundred and eighty five centimeters tall. I sometimes grow. I'll be a little bit taller in the morning because by the end of the day my muscles actually weigh down my bones and I get a little bit shorter. That's how musty I am.
Speaker 1: Does Mad Mills talk ship?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Have you seen too Hot to Handle? No, because I've just I've stolen I actually.
Speaker 1: Really admire and love having brains.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Great, because what I just said was direct from too Hot to Handle. There's a guy on there who tried to pick up three different girls and he used the same pickup line about his hide. It was it was just crazy. But yes, I'm just over six foot, you know on Big boort.
Speaker 1: You that's such a psycho.
Speaker 2: Okay, next, okay, So what is Brooke Blurton's network? Sugar MoMA? Sugar MoMA?
Speaker 3: Why do people want to know that? And I also, how do you figure that out? I mean, I could tell you how much I earned in the last four years, but why do people want to know that?
Speaker 2: Why do people want to know that? Shit? Yeah, yeah, I think that that's like such a personal thing too. Also, don't tell them because of the text part. But don't tell them, you know, Like.
Speaker 3: No, I'm like fully transparent about that. I don't really care. I mean networth in terms of like net worth what you.
Speaker 1: Just wanted with masts, Well, I'm a walking dollar sign.
Speaker 3: Like I'm literally just walking around and there's like dollar signs on me, Like is that what you want?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: To be honest, guies with you, I could tell you what I've earned in the last four years, but would it really matter or like would it define my networth?
Speaker 1: I'm not too sure, no, considering like I'm not like an a lister, like why do you need to know that?
Speaker 2: Totally and even I would say that even the net worths that are searched on the internet, they're always wrong.
Speaker 1: What do you think I'm worth?
Speaker 2: A bag of twistis No.
Speaker 1: You're a dumb dog in the millions. In the millions, I'm definitely in the millions, but very low. I think I loved very low.
Speaker 3: Millions, not like Tones and I, whom earned like thirty five million in one like.
Speaker 1: It went from Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I love that you're a millionaire.
Speaker 1: Thanks, I love that this is.
Speaker 2: Going to be the headline. Brooke Blurton is a millionaire.
Speaker 1: Are you still on Getaway?
Speaker 2: I'm not. I mean, I had requests to go on, but I was busy. And let's be really honest about Getaway. Getaway sounds like an amazing job and an opportunity that I will always be grateful for. Yeah, when I went into it, I did it because I wanted to make a mark in terms of representation. They've never had a black feller on that show. I thought it was super important. Get Away. When you look at the TV show when you're watching it is really really high end and luxury. A lot of the time. That's not the experience of a host traveling on the show.
Speaker 1: Oh I know.
Speaker 2: Before sunrise you get the last shot at sun said, it's very long days of filming. You're not getting paid what you think you would be getting paid. You also are staying in you know, cheap hotels. It's not luxury. So I mean it's I love the show and I actually would go back if it aligned with timing. So the last time, I was in a play and they asked me to do a few things on the show and I couldn't do it, so I said no, And I've actually said no three times. So I feel like maybe they're a little bit like, well fuck you. But I feel like if I reached out and I said, hey, let's go again, I feel like they might. So at the moment, I'm not, and I'm okay with that. I feel like I did what I had to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I agree with you in terms of travel. If you guys have you know, listened, it's just kind of funny, like people really do think that it's really glamorous.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but when you break.
Speaker 2: It down to locals, every day, Like, I mean, it's nice to talk to people. I actually really enjoy the conversations, but by the end of the day, you're very.
Speaker 1: Exhausted your social batteries.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 2: And also when you work on a legacy show like that, people have been on the show the crew for so long and you're coming into those circles, and so they've already formed extremely close relationships and have all this history, and you can feel a little bit like, oh, you know, you're I don't know, extra sized or well, not by them, but by your own insecurities.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I had a great time, and I absolutely love the team that I've worked with and John Wallshoe heads it up over at nine, a great man. So I would go back, but just has to work for timing. Yeah. Okay, So who is the most famous person in your contact list?
Speaker 1: Oh? I don't really have that many famous people, to be fair with you, Oh.
Speaker 2: Really, Yeah, I don't think so I've got so many, Like.
Speaker 3: I've got athletes and basketballers and reality TV people, but I don't really Well yeah, I guess they're.
Speaker 1: All famous, But I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't have like an A lister Okay, I mean I think bas Leman would be out there for you.
Speaker 2: Bas Leman's up there. I've got Austin Butler's number. I have a lot of It's like so cool Australian celebrities numbers.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm a g flip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean I think they would have probably already changed their number by now like a million times, you know how like celebrities do that all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't have anyone.
Speaker 2: I have models numbers, like really famous models numbers. But yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think people really think this is so funny because these questions are hilarious.
Speaker 1: I think people think we're like.
Speaker 3: Once you go in TV like this big shot like I don't know, like obviously doing The Bachelor atte I just kind of see myself still like this little CANRVI and girl like country Bumpkin, Like every time I look in the mirror, like that's what I see.
Speaker 2: You know, everyone would want to want his number is in my phone, Latrell Mitchell's son. People would want that number I want. I'm like, what, Yeah, that's the number you never not car My brothers would want that number so badly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my brothers probably as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, I feel like I wouldn't even I don't like message.
Speaker 1: I'm the worst text.
Speaker 3: My friends told me this all the time, Like I much rather just jump on the phone.
Speaker 2: You know whose number I saw last Thursday night though, Charlie XCX's number on who Be's Loman's phone. So I was at dinner with him and and he was emailing her and he's like, well, check out this email. And she's had sent him this email and at the end I had her phone number and I was like, oh my god. And she was like, thanks for being so brat to bats and I was like, that.
Speaker 1: Is actually such a funny conversation.
Speaker 3: That is that is so iconic. Yeah, let's see, I'm going through and right, And I'd say that I have like all I have AFL players who are friends, basketballers that are friends, like you know, all kind of I guess social media friends, but like none of them would be like a lists celebrity.
Speaker 2: I've had many people ask me for your number.
Speaker 1: Yeah you get fucked, and I've given it.
Speaker 2: To most of them. Actually, so I'm don't don't.
Speaker 1: I don't give my number out. That's why I don't have anyone.
Speaker 3: I literally have the funniest thing I've just seen in my phone one, two, three, four, five, five people with the same last name. And it was a guy that I dated, like years and years and years ago, and his whole family. That's his whole family in my phone, Like I have his mum, dad, two sisters and him.
Speaker 2: I actually pretty sure. Oh my god, I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 1: Let's see see that's it. I literally don't have anyone.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: Actually, my most famous person would be a politician, and I feel like it would be Jonna Stuart.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I've got Tom Hanks's assistants number, not his number, that's a flex. Yeah, that's a flex. Alton Mason is like he's an alist model. I've got his number, Toddricall's number. I mean, look, I've got a few people's numbers. Okay, what's the next one for you?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, who's the most famous person you've worked with?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Tom Hanks?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, next, Okay, what would be your dream gig?
Speaker 2: My dream gig honestly would be, and this sounds so stupid, but to be a judge on a reality TV show like X Factor or The Voice. But I can't sing, so it'd have to be like Australia's Got Talent. That would actually be my dream job. I would love to sit on a panel and tell people what I thought about their talent. Honestly, if Kate Richie can do it, I'm doing it.
Speaker 3: What is Kate Richie?
Speaker 2: She was on Australia's Got Talent amazing, you know, So I feel like it's not.
Speaker 1: Like, what are the other judge shows that we.
Speaker 2: Have Australia's Got Talent X factors singer, but for mass singer you could be you don't have to be a singer. But I think like I would want to be on Australia's Got Talent because then I'm not talking to a singer who I known nothing about, you know what I mean, Like, I don't know how to sing. Anybody gonna listen to me. But Australia's Got Talent, I've got talent and I could share with you what I think about you. Or I could host the show.
Speaker 3: So for me, right up your own show and there you go basilem and hit him up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got a show.
Speaker 2: Definitely, It's definitely cross my mind. But yeah, that would be my Actually, actually I would sit on that pedal for the rest of my life. I'd sit there and do that show six months a year and no way because that, trust me.
Speaker 3: You'd get so content and I feel like you wouldn't grow as a person.
Speaker 2: The bank would.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but what can you do with money?
Speaker 2: Like I would work six months a year and travel for six months, take me and my kids and my husband around the world.
Speaker 3: So you've thought about this plan that sounds like hell to me?
Speaker 2: Oh that is you know what?
Speaker 3: That is my dream of I can only holiday for a certain period of time and then I get bored. Now there's only certain amount of books and cocktails that you can drink and read that I would be.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I need to go back to work. I need to be stimulated on the trip.
Speaker 2: I'd bring a nanny who would be a friend, who would who for my child?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: People do actually live this life, though, which is funny.
Speaker 2: It's my aspiration.
Speaker 1: Wow, I love this for you.
Speaker 2: What's on your bucket list? Tell us a couple of items.
Speaker 1: What is on my bucket list?
Speaker 3: To be fair, I've actually been reflecting on this a lot because I was saying, like, I actually just don't really know.
Speaker 1: What I want. For years, I was so.
Speaker 3: Determined and I was like this is what I want and I'm going for it. But at the same time in my life, like I feel so content with what I have, but I also need change.
Speaker 1: I just don't know what.
Speaker 3: That change is and it's kind of uneasy and it's a bit unsettling. And I think I went through this, I guess prior to the Bouchlorette, so was in Perth. I was getting really content in Perth. It's like every three years that I change and I do something like drastic or like big and it changes.
Speaker 2: Me wit better. It's acting this time, well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think maybe that's my next three years is just to focus on making it as an actor. And I don't just want to be an Australian actor. I actually want to expand and actually be a little bit more international and a bit more global. Yeah, And I think like that is probably the change that I need and the push that I need. But at the same time, I'm also sacrificing a lot of the stuff that I've worked hard to get as well. So like my I'm really passionate about my writing and like doing you know, more books, but I'm also really passionate about my youth work jobs.
Speaker 1: So I guess I'm in the process of just.
Speaker 3: Looking at what maybe a foundation would look like and having a setup, and I guess sort of managing it from that but remotely. But I think that would be really difficult and i'd probably have to stay in Australia for a little bit longer, which I didn't really have plans on my bucket list. Is that I would love to move overseas, possibly to New York.
Speaker 1: I just feel like it's kind of the vibe that I like.
Speaker 3: I recently watched this show called Infidelity, and Zoe Kravitz, isn't it And I just think like her and I she's kind of the vibe or like the person that I sort of aspire And I hadn't really had aspirations of what kind of actor I would like to be, but I feel like her vibe is really cool. And I wouldn't say that I'm like a cool girl, you know. I wouldn't say, like at the top of the list that I'm like, oh, Brooks just like really cool, you know, like everyone's like, oh it Brooks really nice, you know, like I'm nice, I'm friendly, and I'm approachable, But I just don't know.
Speaker 1: I kind of want to go live my cool.
Speaker 3: Girl dreams over in New York at some point. I don't know when or when, Like, yeah, I don't know when I'm going to get there.
Speaker 1: But that's I guess at the top of the buckle list. Yeah, I guess love it.
Speaker 3: The bucket list as well is to to buy a house, but I think, yeah, I think that's going to have to be on hold for a little bit.
Speaker 1: I would also love so.
Speaker 2: Buy a house and just leave it here, get in the market and go and explore it. Come back.
Speaker 3: Oh, Actually on my bucket list is to get my I'm gonna have to beat this out. But surgery, what we are not that out?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can just put a cat over my mouth, okay, like me, my laby of plasty?
Speaker 2: Why do you need one?
Speaker 1: I don't need one?
Speaker 3: No one needs What is that?
Speaker 2: Can you explain it to me? Because I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: I think it's actually more psychological and it's much deeper than this. And I know this is a bit of a silly episode, so it's fine.
Speaker 1: I can make it a little bit silly.
Speaker 3: But for me, because of like my ex, I guess sexual trauma growing up. I have always had this like deep hate towards my body. So I feel like this will make me feel more confident in myself and make me actually like her. Yeah, and I know I've been through therapy guys, because and people.
Speaker 1: Will be like, yeah, but you're just succeeding.
Speaker 3: To like society, society's view of what men think women's body should be, blah blah blah blah. And I'm like, no, I want it to be like not perfect, but perfect for me.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean? So what, Oh my god, this like went.
Speaker 2: To a bit of a time. I'm interested, girl, trust me, I'm there. I'm right on this. I want to know what does that surgery entail for women? Like it doesn't have to be talking about your what you want done, but what is the surgery?
Speaker 3: Well, a labya pluster is just pretty much you're considering getting a part of your laby are pretty much like cut off.
Speaker 2: Is that the flaps it's.
Speaker 3: Your souvir labor menora, So it's not your flaps, So your flaps are on the side, and then you're LaBier is in the inside, and there's like two layers, so there's your LaBier something and then there's Labia Manora, and sometimes the outside of Labia can actually like stick out, and I just don't feel as exactly.
Speaker 2: I know, I know what you're talking about now.
Speaker 3: Like I went to Mona recently and I saw the Volver wall and I loved it.
Speaker 1: I actually loved it.
Speaker 3: And I was like, wow, look at all these women celebrating like all their different Labyers and Volvers, and I was like, I.
Speaker 1: Loved it, But I just don't love mine.
Speaker 3: I wish I did, and I haven't gone through fucking years of fucking therapy to try and overcome that, that that frustration and that hate.
Speaker 1: So I'm getting surgery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it, And I'm happy for you. If that's you know what, that's going to make you feel confident, you go for it, because I feel the same about certain parts of my body. I've always wanted to get a nose.
Speaker 3: Job, yeah exactly. Yeah, and I've spoken to you about it.
Speaker 2: And the reason I want to get a nose job is because I always found that my nose wasn't straight and it really fucking irks me. But I've heard a loft, but I'm going to get it.
Speaker 1: He's got a great nose, and I don't.
Speaker 2: It's not straight, it's it's crooked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but looking at it now, it doesn't look crooked.
Speaker 1: But you see it every.
Speaker 3: Day exactly exactly, see see you get it.
Speaker 2: I get it, and I know yours, my nose and your LaBier.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I was like, where are you going with that? I was like, they're not coming near one.
Speaker 2: No, they're not dirty dogs. I don't know about you, but I think that's maybe a good place to wrap it up. Wrap it up. Well, you know what, I'm really excited for you and your surgery, and I hope you are for me and we'll come come back.
Speaker 3: I'm having a I don't know, a rest in peace for Gina party like or a resurrection.
Speaker 1: I'm not too sure. I don't I don't know, and who.
Speaker 2: Knows, and you all knows when I get mine done exactly.
Speaker 1: On that note, thanks so much for listening, guys. I hope you enjoyed this episode.
Speaker 3: If you love us and you want us to talk about something on the podcast, hit us up on our social media. My handles at Brooked Up Letton and Maddie's is that it's Maddie Meals and
Speaker 2: You can find all The Over Podcast, Action Over at No Over Podcast Official Bye