Speaker 1: Right across Melbourne. This is number one hundred. Good morning, we are doing our Grand Final breakfast.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are alive from the Sporting Globe this morning.
Speaker 1: He looker's just rocked up, the Great Mike Brady.
Speaker 3: The great Mike Brady here.
Speaker 4: Which is which is appropriate. He's going to bang out some footy anthems because very shortly.
Speaker 3: September in Melbourne is the greatest time of year, isn't it.
Speaker 4: It is absolutely.
Speaker 2: Families come together and footy is one of the great things that Melbourne has.
Speaker 3: It's ours. I know it's a national game now, but we love it.
Speaker 2: And Jason, you're you all from Queensland originally and when when we first met you didn't have a team.
Speaker 1: I didn't ever. I was a rugby league boy, so when I first came to town, I was like, you guys have one of the best rugby league teams in the country. It's not a lot of love for him.
Speaker 4: Melbourne Storm, Belton Storm, love the Storm. But then you went so you adopted the D's for a season. The D's coincidentally when the one the premiership as well, Glory hunter.
Speaker 2: On hang on year that you couldn't go to the watch the final.
Speaker 1: Credit to track Christie Petrarca and Mason Cox because they were regulars on our show, yes, and when they would come in off the air before we'd go to wearing breaks, so they would just teach me little things about the game.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: And then Mason Cox just kept in touch with the family and would run me through games and yeah, and I sort of started.
Speaker 3: You felt like Collingwood was more for you.
Speaker 1: Collingwood just felt like my sort of crowd.
Speaker 2: And you've told us many times that once you decided on a team and your boys got into it, that you felt more at home in Melbourne. It gave you something to talk about with the dads at school. He changed your time in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: I was talking to one of the dads at school the other day and I actually walked away and I was like, I would not have been habit to have that conversation.
Speaker 2: For that's fifteen minutes, four years ago, proud Collingwood supporter.
Speaker 4: Now, everyone here might recall a couple of weeks ago on the show, Jason made a big statement about how passionate he was about the Collingwood.
Speaker 2: Football and there are any other Collingwood fans here there's a few.
Speaker 5: Yes, madam proud, come on now as part of that, aallenge or dared Jase to get up on Grand Final breakfast day and sing the Collingwood theme song.
Speaker 2: Now there's some like Collingwood fans here who are four five They know the words like the back of their hair.
Speaker 1: You're counting their teeth, four or five.
Speaker 3: Who wants to hear Jay's belled out?
Speaker 2: Come on, you've been you told us you've been practicing.
Speaker 3: I start strong, don't embarrass yourself.
Speaker 1: And then I always get the end.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a lot of excuses exactly.
Speaker 4: Sounds like Jase starts stronger.
Speaker 1: All right, here you go, good old Collingwood forever. They know how to play the game, side by side.
Speaker 6: They stick together for the good old see a shouting because that's what Barka's.
Speaker 3: Fans or the premier year.
Speaker 6: Together, that's together.
Speaker 2: My goodness, Well, that is a huge display of embarrassment from Jays Hawkins, especially in front of one of the greatest collagence, in front of the Macedonian Marvel general we had together for Peter Dacos, the godfather of my team, Jace Jas.
Speaker 7: What are we doing? I could do that?
Speaker 3: In my sleep, Peter Dacos. So you got from footy fan to Simon Cowell on how.
Speaker 5: Did he go?
Speaker 7: Oh no, what is it the big X?
Speaker 1: He gets a few, don't get me out of the club.
Speaker 7: No, stick to doing what you're doing.
Speaker 3: Job, Peter Dacos. Great to see you.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Happy grand a week mate, not the grand.
Speaker 7: No, yeah, look, I was was looking forward to this because we had planned we planned a big setup. But yeah it wasn't the Bee. The Lions were too good last week. So credit whek credits due, yep, got to get You've got to get to the big dance. Unfortunately our boys fell short.
Speaker 2: So your boy, your beautiful boys. They've had quite a big week, have they have? They recovered from their mad Monday into brown Low.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me kicking of a snoop dogs.
Speaker 7: Well they were here yesterday, so Josh got in a bit early. I don't know where Nick is, he's still wandering around. But yes, so you were at the Sporting Globe so yeah, no, they had they had to get together Monday and commiserating red the game and then yeah they had their mad Wednesday, so yeah a little bit.
Speaker 2: Of a Yeah, I saw them all in their costumes. Did they have to dress up as their favorite sports star?
Speaker 7: Was that?
Speaker 4: It was Happy Gilmore.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure who who the boys? I was asking, I've seen I think Josh was Zohan. There was a movie with Zan and he was practicing his DJ moves and doing all that. So so an Alice, his fiance had shown me he's sort of pre routine and and I'm not sure who. But when I got home, I found wigs and I found still they raided your cupboard.
Speaker 3: You're telling me.
Speaker 2: After Wacky Wednesday whatever they call it, have to go home to mom and Dad's.
Speaker 7: Well, Josh's there with us because they have bought a home, but they're doing it so yeah, which reminds you I've got to put the rent up. Yeah, yeah, no they could. And then then Nick sort of chewing and throwing between there and his girlfriend's play.
Speaker 4: So yeah, So dakes as a man who loved to go on the mcg especially in the pockets, tight in the pockets. What do you make of Snoop's ability to find the big sticks?
Speaker 7: Well, I was just talking to Andrew Dillon down stairs. He said he only had two kicks, both goals. So because that's what.
Speaker 1: We were trying to work out whether he did a couple of pre well, no.
Speaker 7: Because the boy said he was two hours late. He wreaked the tobacco traditional to tobacco, I think, but yeah, he but they said no. He took to it straight away. Two kicks, two goals.
Speaker 4: Time with the SADA afterwards as well.
Speaker 1: Possibly Sebastian said when he worked with Snoop, remember he said he rocked up like I'm just concerned that Snoop's preco might be a half.
Speaker 3: They told him that the game was Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Peter Dakas, I know it's not the Grand Final week you would have hoped for, but we have an enormous game of footy on Saturday.
Speaker 3: Who do you think? How do you think this game is going to play out?
Speaker 7: Look, everyone has their slant on it. I think firstly, I'll say that our boys, all we did was look Harris Andrews a huge, huge and valuable player for them, so clearly stopped kicking it to him. I mean, let him find the ball, but maybe working a bit more along with their other bigger type defenders. They're big boys, so they do want the not too far from they'll contest overhead so just get them to work, run them up the ground, across the ground and back towards goal. I mean, you've just got to keep them going. McCluggage has to be tagged. But I like the Cats because they've got different gears. And I know it's an overused term, but they do have different gears. They can play long to a kneil and Jeremy Cameron. Cameron will come up the ground, but I like their smalls. They will chip up and you're always guessing how the ball moves. With Geelong, I mean they'll go short, they'll work it and then they can go long. So yeah, look, it will be a great game. But I'm expecting Geelong to win and win.
Speaker 1: Comfortably, Cats comfortably, just very quickly.
Speaker 4: Brown though night I don't know Nick fell short. There's been a bit of discussion about acknowledging players who finished second and third in the Brownlow. I mean would sort of be I mean, do we.
Speaker 5: Really need to do that.
Speaker 7: I don't think so. I mean, the Brownlow is a traditional award, So why we've changed so much of our game and I get it, I mean, why start tinkering with that? I mean, I don't think that's the issue. The issue is I think recognizing players per game and for a season. So yeah, there, I think liber had thirty five touches, ten tackles, kicked a goal, which was just a fair game, and that's how it was voted. You know he did.
Speaker 4: What about who won a game off his own boosts and they got two too? Mate?
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, I just can't believe we all go to a game and if we don't have access to the stats, how many times do you say did he have that many? So you really do need to stats. The other thing is I always think get rid of the efficiency rule. I listened to commentators talk about efficiency. A bloke can get twenty touches and kick at fifteen meters, you know, yet the kid that or someone that gets it and tries to kick at thirty or forty that's a whole a lot harder than chipping sideways and going fifteen meters to keep your efficiency up. So there's a lot of things that, yeah, I reckon there should be a post game. Have a have some type of senior ex player or someone come in and just do a post sort of review with the game and maybe maybe then sort of come up with who the players were that impacted well, Peter.
Speaker 1: Jacos joining us on the Enjoy Grand on a weekend.
Speaker 7: Thank you and you make sure you learn.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm in trouble with the client.
Speaker 4: What are you doing for Grand Final Day?
Speaker 7: I'm I'm working with the AFL, so I've got a function on there till just before the game. So I'm looking forward to or serving doing nothing part of my life these days, which is good.
Speaker 3: Always great to see you, Peter. Take those beautiful.
Speaker 7: Boys and your
Speaker 3: En wake up feeling good following them on the socials