Speaker 1: This is the US Report with James Moroar.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the program. An absolute ton to get through tonight, including how China is astroturfing, the anti war movement in the US, and the guy the Democrats are going to run for Senate out of Texas who believes that there are count of one, two, three, four, five, six genders. But before we get to all that, it's obviously a massive and historic week in the US and around the world. Now, when we last got together, it was still an open question as to whether Donald Trump would strike Iran. Now though we are in the thick of it, and let me say that we are seeing something I have been waiting almost my whole life to see, an America that has the will to win, particularly against the Mullahs of Iran, who have been a nightmare since they took power in a violent coup and revolution supported it must be said by all the leading lights of the global left forty seven years ago. Now, though the nightmare is perhaps close to over if and I say if Donald Trump and America decide to see this thing through, because when America wants to use its power, it is unmatched. And I thought nothing summed this up better than this periscope footage of an American sub torpedoing an Iranian frigate somewhere off Sri Lanka in the Indian Ocean, where it was presumably steaming to get within range of Diego, Garcia and the massive American military complex there. Now, I'm not gonna lie. I love that that ship was sunk, and the fact that it was a pair of a Soleimani class frigate named after Cassem Soleimani, the austere religious leader as the Washington Post famously described him as, but also the terrorist commander Trump saw off in the final days of his first term. Well, that's just the icing on the cake. But ironies aside, the pro Iran left has predictably lost its mind, saying that what we are seeing right now is a violation of international law because they say, bizarrely that the ship was international waters, so somehow it should have been untouched. I'm sorry, don't they understand how these things work? I mean the horror, the horror of the US Navy engaging in naval combat sheesh. In any case, this thinking is the good news, along with the fact that much of the Irani in military is crushed their navy at the bottom of the sea, and the US is now apparently dominant in the skies over Iran. The war machine of a country that since nineteen seventy nine has had as its top priorities killing Americans, killing Jews, and dominating the Middle East with its particular brand of religious fanaticism barely functions any more. I thought Secretary of State Marco Rubio did a pretty good job laying it out here to an angry press corps, which has decided that Trump should have gone to all five hundred and thirty five members of Congress to get permission to strike, with the hope that the plan wouldn't leak.
Speaker 3: Oh that's not our notification to Congress, our notification. Listen, let me explain to you guys this in simple English.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: Iran is run by lunatics, religious fanatic lunatics. They have an ambition to have nuclear weapons.
Speaker 4: They intend to.
Speaker 3: Develop those nuclear weapons behind a program of missiles and drones and terrorism that the world will not be able to touch them for fear of those things. And this is the weakest they've ever been. Now is the time to go after them. The President made the decision to go after them. Take away their missiles, take away their navy, take away their drones, take away their ability to make those things, so that they can never have a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 4: That's why the President made this decision.
Speaker 3: It was the right decision, and the world will be a safer place when these radical clerics and all of them have access to these weapons.
Speaker 2: Well, he is absolutely right, but and I want to get right into it with our experts quickly, so I'm going to make this very brief. I am also concerned now that having started this conflict, there is a danger that Trump decides to not go all the way, that he won't go the full regime change, and that the administration might settle for a deeply damaged Iran that promises to stop trying to get nukes, but which still is free to act obnoxiously and can still possibly get away with it. Now, the danger I see is that the tedium of the war, political pressure, and the pressure of oil prices on the economy forces not Iran but the White House, which has to be far more responsive to its people than a clerical dictatorship in Tehran. Well, that all this might force some sort of deal and let me lay a marker down right now and say that this would be a world historical mistake. Now, I think Rubio and many in the Trump administration, including Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseith, get it. Just the other day, Hegxith referred to the radical brand of Shiite Islam driving Tehran's decision making and decision making, especially regarding their desire for nuclear weapons. But there is also the danger of tactical miscalculation, and I think we may be seeing one in the move to push Kurve to attack in western Iran in an attempt to provoke a broader general uprising in the country. Frankly, my read is that this could be a mistake because it risks ethnic conflict rather than regime change, and the Iranian minority group members that I know certainly don't want their country dismembered, even if they want their country back. But if Trump sticks this out, if Trump gets a real regime change, gets Iran to stop making war on its neighbor, allowing the Gulf States to have the breathing room to make peace with Israel, and thus creating peace in the Middle East, well that might just win the Nobel Prize for Trump. That for whatever reason he covets so greatly. Who am I kidding? The Nobel Prize? Well, look, you and I both know that even if he does all that, they'll probably give it to you. I don't know a gay ink and maze farmer in Peru who stood up the local mining company or something like that. But you know what a guy can dream, can't he? Well, America has been flexing its muscle in the Indian Ocean, well beyond the shores of Iran. A US submarine sank an Iranian warship with a torpedo the other day. It's the first such seeking of an enemy ship by torpedo from a submarine since World War Two. Here's Secretary of War Pete Hanks us talking about.
Speaker 5: It like in that war, back when we were still in the War Department.
Speaker 4: We are fighting to win.
Speaker 2: And join me now to talk about this and a lot more is retired colonel turned author and columnist Kurt Schlichter. Kurt, firstly, thanks for coming on and thank you for your service. One thing I've been hearing from veterans since this clip particularly hasn't is how much they loved seeing it, because to them it has shown America is fighting to win again. I'd love to get your thoughts on how the war is being prosecuted at the moment, but particularly on seeing something like seeking this enemy ship in international waters, which the left is now saying is somehow against international law.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I.
Speaker 5: Would ask them, could just cite the international law that you're referring to that says the United States can't destroy enemy naval vessels on the high seas. But that would that would imply that I believe they were either acting acting in good faith, and knew what they were talking about, neither of which is true. For the last eighty years, the project of much of the world has been to convince America not to use its power. America hasn't been restrained by competitors. America has been restrained by the United States accepting the so called international legal order. The the kind of globalist assumptions that basically tell America, you know, you've got you gotta take some blows. You can't really you can't really throw punches. Donald Trump represents the part of America that rejects that. He represents the kind of people who go had to go and fight these wars with limited rules of engagement with limited objectives that were not fought to win. You're now seeing American power unleashed, and you're not just seeing it in this war. You see it with NATO, where we essentially told them, Yeah, you're gonna have to you're gonna have to carry your own way to defend yourselves. We're not giving you free money anymore. So you can import hordes of third world monsters to take over your society and fund a giant welfare state. It's not happening anymore. The same thing with American trade deals. You're seeing a America exercising its power and refusing to be tied down by arbitrary and false conceptions of what it can and can't do.
Speaker 2: Well. You know, it's really interesting, Kirt, that you talk about projecting American power again. Donald Trump spoke a little while ago about their move to guarantee shipping as oil shipping through the Straightsform moves. Let's just have a little listen to that.
Speaker 6: My administration announced decisive action to help keep down the oil prices, including offering political risk insurance for tankers transiting into the Gulf as you know, pretty dangerous territory. Further action to reduce pressure on oil is eminent, and the oil seems to have pretty much stabilized.
Speaker 5: We had it very low, Kurt.
Speaker 2: It seems to me that the really important thing about this move here is that it is making the West now basically the guarranteur of the global oil market, giving the world a huge now stake in the success of this mission.
Speaker 5: Well, it certainly is. The fact is the United States is the only country that can do these things. I remember thirty five years ago I was sitting in the Persian Gulf. As part of Operation Desert Storm. The United States picked up five hundred thousand people, all their equipment, moved it across the globe, moved it to the middle of a desert, and then attacked with it and destroyed an enemy army, the fourth largest in the world, in one hundred hours. That peels in comparison to what we can do now. The simple fact is only the United States. You know, we don't want to be the world's policeman, but there's nobody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, indeed, that's right. And yet when it comes to an American power, there are plenty of people within the United States who are trying to restrain that power and I'm talking about congressional Democrats in the Senate and in the House. Well, they've just had a massive blow where their attempts to shut down this conflict of the American mission have failed. But I think it just is a really big tell on them that essentially they're voting for the Ayatolla is over America.
Speaker 5: Well look, I was a freshman in high school when they first took our hostages. Then they proceeded to murder our Marines in Lebanon, they blew up our embassies, they killed and named hundreds of Americans in Iran through their pet militia or in Iraq through their pet militias. They've threatened US, they've bombed our allies, and now they've got to die.
Speaker 1: We're done.
Speaker 4: It's over.
Speaker 5: This needs to finish. There is I don't care that leftists are upset that America is no longer going to allow itself to watch its citizens maimed and murdered by these seventh century savages. That's done. We're not playing that anymore. And if you're afraid of America, good you should be. Don't screw with us. I guarantee you'll be fine if you don't. If you do Yeah, take out a term life's insurance policy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I'm not I'm not sure you can get insurance at any price if you're an Iatola and Iran at the moment. But you know this complete sophistry though, This is complete sophistry on the part of not just the Democrats, but like the Washington Post, because I was reading their report on the vote and they said they failed in their vote to end a war that Trump started without permission. Now, Kurt, you and I both know that if Trump did what the Washington Post wanted them to do, which is to go to all five hundred and thirty five members of Congress and say, Okay, here's our plan, here's what we're gonna do. Ilhan Omar, you get to vote on what we're gonna do. Here, I mean, the thing would have leaked all over the press in thirty seconds. The great key to this whole thing is that Trump has been able to keep this in such a tight informational compartment and not be leaked by Congress and the press.
Speaker 5: That's certainly true. Look for your Australian audience, there are legitimate arguments over the extent of presidential power to conduct warfare, and there are limits to it, and Congress should have a certain role. That being said, it doesn't have the only role. The president is the commander in chief. President can launch military endeavors at some point. Congress is free to reassert its power if it chooses to. It has chosen not to, which indicates to me it supports this very necessary war. Now you mentioned in there somebody said, well, this war that Trump had started, Wait time out. We didn't start. They started it when they took our hostages. They started when they murdered our marines, when they killed our soldiers. We're finishing it. And again, if you don't like the new tough, uncompromising America that, don't let you hide in your little safe havens, and don't let a bunch of Davos creeps tell us, oh no, it's against the rules to win, well, too bad, call the International Dalis.
Speaker 2: Indeed, thank you so much, Kurt Schlicktter. Always great to speak with you. Love having you here on the US report. Will catch up soon.
Speaker 5: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Well, a lot more happening in US politics back home as well, so joining me now'll discuss this and more. Is great friend and friend of the program former Trump chief of Staff and senior advisor of Bondi Partners, Mick Mulvaaney. Mick, We've had some breaking news here just a few hours ago. I want your thoughts on the news that broke late today about Donald Trump replacing the head of Homeland Security, the controversial Christy Nome. Tell us about what's happened, why she's gone, and who's going to be replacing her.
Speaker 4: James.
Speaker 7: It looks like the straw that broke the camel's back. The ultimate issue that led to Secretary nomes departure was her testimony yesterday to the Senate. She was asked by a Republican senator about a two hundred million dollar ad campaign, and he asked her specifically if the President had approved that. She said that the President had, and then apparently after the hearing, the senator called the president and the President said that he remembered things differently. That's usually the end of a cabinet secretary when they're not at the same page as the president. Look at either the cabinet secretary was lying or the President was lying.
Speaker 4: But in that battle, I know who loses. So she was replaced. She's replaced.
Speaker 7: I think it's effective March thirty first, but she's replaced by another Senator, Mark Wayn Mullen from Oklahoma, a close friend of the president, and he should be confirmed, hopefully by the end of March.
Speaker 2: And tell us what do we know about Senator Mullen. He's a conservative. I saw him speaking earlier saying, you know, he was definitively of the conservative school here. Do you think he's going to have any trouble getting through confirmation? On the Democrats going to try and make noise. I know Hakim Jeffries was saying, oh, well, we want a full change in policy, but it sounds like Trump is not changing policy, just personnel.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The initial reaction was actually quite interesting to me. I know a lot of these folks. Mark Wayne and I served in the House together before he was in the Senate. There's actually a couple of senators, Democrat senaters. They came out and said positive things about Mark Wayne and indicated a willingness to consider voting for him.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that will hold up.
Speaker 7: Because DHS, which of course is in charge of border security and ice, it was probably the single most controversial agency right now in the federal government. I can't imagine how Democrats could support any Trump nominee for that position.
Speaker 4: But Mark Wayne is well liked.
Speaker 7: I guess if I was going to tell you something interesting about him, Mark Wayne is a mixed martial arts champion. He's probably the toughest guy in the House or the Senate. He used to lead the workout routines in the morning when I was in the House with him, and I got news for you. I don't want to get in a fight with Mark waynemullen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'd love to see him out there maybe trying to handle some of those ice protests personally. That could be quite a music. But Mick, what does this do then, in terms of his replacement in the Senate? Walk our viewers through what that's like. Is there a by election and does this put at all the Republican's narrow lead in the Senate in jeopardy?
Speaker 4: No, it doesn't.
Speaker 7: The House functions different than the Senate, and the Senate functions differently than the House. In the Senate, the governor will make an appointment, and I think may make the appointment just as soon as Mark Wayne mullen is confirmed. So what will happen is Mark Wayne will stay in the Senate until he is confirmed. I actually think technically he can vote for himself. I think Marko Rubio did, and then he will resign and the Republican governor of Oklahoma will immediately name a replacement. Under the unusual rules of Oklahoma, that person then cannot run for a re election, so there will be a new Senator again in November.
Speaker 4: Curiously, I know this wasn't your question.
Speaker 7: There's already chatter about Christy Nome running for Senate in South Dakota. There's a fairly moderate centrist Republican there who's up for reelection this year, as Christi. Noman was the former governor of South Dakota, and there are rumors that she is actually looking at falling to run against her fellow Republicans. So that'll be another fascinating wrinkle here as we go ahead.
Speaker 2: Huh, that will be one to watch. We should keep an eye on that. But also when we were to Texas too, speaking of the Senate, because Democrats think they may be in with a chance to win their first Senate seat out of Texas since nineteen eighty. But I'm a little confused about this one, Mick, because there was a hotly contested primary, the Democrats rejected Congresswoman Jasmin Crockett, a black woman, in favor of white guy James Tallerico, who they think is actually more moderate and therefore stands a better chance to win. But Mick, the Democrats are running on this line that Tallarico is a Christian and a Presbyterian seminarian, that he's more electable. But have a look at this.
Speaker 8: Did they teach you in Sunday School that Jesus Christ himself was a radical feminist? Before we go further, I want to acknowledge that our trans community needs abortion care too. Defending Trans Texas is something we have to do every day at the state capital. Our southern border should be like our front porch. There should be a giant welcome that out front and a lock on the door. We can welcome immigrants who want to live the American dream. We can build a pathway to citizenship for those neighbors who have been here, making us richer and stronger.
Speaker 2: Make I know I'm not the greatest Christian in the world, but I'm not sure he is a radical feminist. And I'm not a great scientist, but I'm not sure that trans people need abortion care. How is this all going to go down in Texas.
Speaker 7: I've only now recently seen that clip since he won the primary. I don't follow Texas politics that closely until you get to the general election. But my guess is a lot of other people will be seeing those clips in Texas for the next several months. Look, the Democrats have sort of this dream of taking over Texas in the same way the Republicans used to have that dream about Florida. Now it worked in Florida, which is now a solidly Republican state. The Democrats, I think, are a long way here from turning Texas blue. Keep in mind, this is the same state that said Beto O'Rourke was the next great hope of the Democrat Party, and now I think he's serving pizza some places.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure what he's doing.
Speaker 7: So the press will go through this mantra about how James tell Errico is the future of the party in Texas, alway has a chance, et cetera. Here's the wrinkle. The wrinkle is that the Republicans don't have their candidate yet. They have two candidates, neither of whom won enough votes in the Republican primary on Tuesday night to get the nomination. So that's John corn the longtime sitting Republican Senator, and Ken Paxton, the sitting Texas state attorney general. Both of them have their difficulties, as is evidenced by the fact that neither one of them could win outright in the primary. The general wisdom is that James is a John Cornyn can beat tall Rico, but that Paxton, who's had a lot of difficulties in his private life, may struggle to run against tall Rico. So we'll know a little bit more about this race in May. But this is going to be a very very close, very very expensive race, probably the most expensive in the country. But my guess is that you're at least another cycle or two away from having Texas have to worry about turning blue.
Speaker 2: Well, i'll tell you what, Mick. I heard one person say that they thought the Texas Democrats had gone from beto to beta with tall Rico here. But I want to move on finally to the war and to the midterms, which I think are two events that are going to kind of crash into each other here. And I know there's conventional wisdom that all of this conflict could harm Trump and the Republicans. But there was a fascinating poll on RealClearPolitics dot com today which revealed that at this point, at March fifth, in the second year of the second term, Donald Trump is actually more popular than Barack Obama was and more popular than George Bush was. And then there's been other polling which says that among Republicans, Donald Trump is more popular than ever so in terms of how things are affecting, how global events are affecting Trump and the Republicans not seeing a lot of movement in the needle here. What's your read and how do you think this conflict that's ongoing in the Middle East is going to play out for the midterms.
Speaker 4: It's too soon to tell, James, It's too soon.
Speaker 7: If this turns in to be another very very successful, very strategic, very quick operation on the like lines of what President Trump did to bomb the nuclear facilities in Iran several months ago, on the long lines, the same lines as is what he did in Venezuela, if it turns out to be that a quick win a and a just a demonstrable win, I think that actually helps his approval ratings. If we're still talking seven months from now on the eve are actually six now, I guess, on the eve of the midterms about what's going on in Iran at that point.
Speaker 4: Are there troops on the ground. That could be a different story.
Speaker 7: Keep in mind that the oil price has not yet hit the gasoline prices in this country, at least it just started to today. I think gases up about twenty cents of the gaon about ten cents or ten percent.
Speaker 4: That's a big deal here.
Speaker 7: There's a straight line between success and failure in November and the price of gasoline when it comes to being the incumbent party. So it's too soon to tell, but if we're still talking about this war in August, that could be a difficult time for the Republicans.
Speaker 2: Mick, thanks so much. And I can report sadly that petrol prices here in Australia are already going up. So you've got that going for you there at least. Picked Malvady, thanks so much for your time. Now stick around because after the break we got more on America's grand strategy in the war on Iran with Peter Schweitzer. But first a little more of our old friend Minnesota Governor Tim Waltz on Capitol Hill. Here's Texas Republican Pat Fallon torching Waltz over why he was picked as Kamala Harris's running mate back in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 9: You know, miss Chairman, I don't know if you know this, but it's widely It's been widely reported that in two thousand and eight, when Barack Obama was choosing his vice presidential candidate, he had three criteria.
Speaker 4: He wanted to make sure he.
Speaker 9: Picked somebody that wasn't as smart as him and had less talent and charisma and couldn't possibly outshine him, so he picked Joe Biden. And then Joe Biden in twenty twenty used the exact same criteria. He wanted to make sure he picked somebody went as smart as him, had less talent in charisma and went out shine him, and he picked Kamal here and then in twenty twenty four, Governor, I think is very evident like Kamala Harris picked you.
Speaker 2: I tell you what. That's setting things pretty low, but we'll be setting the bar pretty high with Peter Schweitzer after the break, welcome back to the program. Now I want to bring to light a potentially shocking case of foreign interference in the United States. The New York Post is reporting that protests, those anti war protests against strikes and Iran are being backed by guess who, the Chinese Communist Party, at least some of them are. This comes after protests across the US. Joining me now to talk about this and a lot more from the Government Accountability Institute author Peter Schweitzer, Peter, thanks so much for joining me. Are we potentially seeing astroturfed opposition to this war by China, which, of course has so much to lose if they lose Iranian oil supplies that they've been able to buy on the cheap.
Speaker 10: Oh, there's no question that China has a lot to lose, not just with Iran, but also with what happened in Venezuela. Venezuela not as large as Iran in terms of oil supply, but also a crucial ally to China. In fifty eight days, basically, Donald Trump has taken out two of the most important allies of China in the developing world, and one of the means in which China is trying to respond to this is by activating their networks in the United States So you have this American billionaire named Roy Singham, who we've talked about on this program before, who is friends with the CCP, lives in Shanghai. He's poured more than one hundred million dollars into radical groups and causes in the United States. He aligned with the CCP. And you also have groups like the Party for Socialism and Liberation PSL and another one in the US called the Freedom Road Socialist Organization FRSO that are fraternal political parties with the CCP. They're friendly with them, they have pledged their allegiance to the CCP. They're the core of the violent protests that you see breaking out in the so called anti war protests.
Speaker 2: And Peter, when I spoke about the war last week, you know, we were talking about how suddenly, all of a sudden, all of these professional signs suddenly starts showing up everywhere. Are these signs and everything, this whole organizational network, It seems very professional. It seems to be completely non organic. Why does this get charity status? It seems like this would be something that the Trump administration could really look at as a way to damage this network.
Speaker 10: No, I think you're exactly right, and we've had conversations with senior officials in the Treasury Department exactly on this issue. The bottom line is a guy named, a guy like Roy Singham gets a tax deduction when he donates to these radical causes. I would argue, on behalf of China, and why are we giving him a tax deduction? Why are we giving him nonprofit status when again I would argue, he's doing the bidding of a foreign power. There were even news reports that he was activating this network even before the United States and Israel started bombing Iran, and that has given a speculation to the idea that maybe the Chinese government, Chinese satellites were aware that military operations were commencing, and that's maybe Roy Singham was told about it and activated accordingly. So I think the Treasury Department is key here because they can take out the reforms necessary.
Speaker 2: Indeed, and of course, you know, it all comes back to it all comes back to the importance at China places on Iran, because one of the things that we've seen here is Chinese technology going into the proving ground of battle and actually not doing that great. We've seen Chinese ships that were heavily dependent on Chinese technology now at the bottom of the ocean. We've seen Chinese air defense systems that, as one person said, work by blowing up when there's a missile near them. Is this showing that the Chinese military maybe a bit more of paper tiger than we had thought or feared.
Speaker 10: Yes, absolutely, and I think this is a big concern for Beijing. Let's remember Beijing gave to Iran their most advanced air defense systems, highly touted. They didn't end up doing anything. They didn't shoot down a single American or Israeli plane and they were destroyed by the air forces. There are intelligence systems that China has set up in Iran that didn't work. And this to me is reminiscent of what happened during the Cold War. Back in nineteen eighty two, the Israeli Air Force and the then Syrian Air Force squared off above Lebanon.
Speaker 4: That year.
Speaker 10: The Israelis were flying American F fifteens and the Syrians were flying MiG twenty fives. The Israelis won that air force that air war by shooting down eighty two MiGs without suffering a single casualty. Yes, the pilot training was key, but the technology was important as well, but what happened after that is the Soviet ability to sell their arms and to gain that revenue and to gain a political advantage with the country's buying those weapons kind of evaporated, because if you're in the developing world, why do you want the second best weapon system when you might be facing the first weapon systems. So I anticipate that this is a major concern for China as it looks to trying to sell arms abroad and also use those arm sales to advance their political agenda.
Speaker 2: Well, Peter, I would go a step further, and I'd love your thoughts on this, But you know, for years now, at least a couple of decades, we've seen China more and more chauvinistically saying the West is in decline, the United States is in decline, China is rising. You want to tie up with us because the twenty first century will be the Chinese century. Now, this seems to shift that narrative quite a bit, and people who watch the show know that I have been putting for a long time Venezuela Cuba. Now I ran into the context of confronting China without confronting China, What do you make of that is this the ultimate Trump strategy? And when you see things like the news which broke a little while ago that China is apparently banning e x force of jet fuel and petroleum products, it says to me that they may know they've got a real problem here.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think they have a huge problem here. Just look at the competition that's taking place in artificial intelligence right now, and you would wonder what does this have to do with Venezuela in Iran Actually a fair amount, because the two big tech infrastructure companies for China that are central to the AI race for them are Huawei and Zte. These are the big conglomerates that create the networks that you need for artificial intelligence networks to work well. Both of those companies huge contractors in Venezuela and Iran, and they are now looking at losing tens of billions of dollars in revenue because they have large projects in scale in both of those countries, and guess what, they're not going to get paid for them. So the implications for China's sort of top down what I call market leninist system, which is kind of a blend of the market but dictated by Leninist control has now been completely thrown into disarray. And what's happened is that the United States has picked off two of their biggest allies in the developing world, Venezuela and Iran, and China has been helpless to do anything about it, any thought that they had of retaking Taiwan, for example. They now face the dilemma that the United States is in firm control of the Straits of Horrormos, and between forty and fifty percent of all of China's energy, whether it comes from Iran, whether it comes from Saudi Arabia, goes through the states of the Straits of horrm Moos. So you could have a scenario where China decides to attack Taiwan and the United States says, guess what, no oil from this region is going to China, and then they are in deep, deep trouble. So the amount of leverage that Donald Trump now has over China kind of going into what is supposed to be a meeting between these two presidents, you know, not too far away the entire equation. I think of that conversation as shifted to Trump's advantage.
Speaker 2: Do you think though, just coming out of that meeting. You know, we know that Trump is a great deal maker. You know that he's transactional as well as principled for America. Do you see some sort of rapprochemont, maybe some sort of datent with China saying, you know, maybe we've bitten off more than we can chew. We need to both sides calm this down.
Speaker 10: Well, I think that's going to be China's line. I'm skeptical about negotiating solutions with China because they don't honor them. You know, Trump negotiated the purchase of American agricultural products, a whole bunch of agreements with China in his first term. China didn't honor any of them. China said they were going to deal with precursor chemicals and the Chinese industrial involvement in fentanyl, any of that. That was back in twenty seventeen. So I don't see any evidence that when China says, hey, let's make a deal, let's stick to that deal, I don't see any evidence that they are going to do so. So my advice to Donald Trump, of course he's not asking for it, would be to be skeptical of any proposed deal by China and continue with an assertive form policy that does not directly challenge China, but continues in this competition between the two powers to take the initiative and to take advantage of what is China's clear vulnerability and weakness in this economic space. We started the year by them threatening with rare earth minerals. We are now in the scenario where they have a deep vulnerability when it comes to energy. We've talked about oil gret to remember they import a lot of coal from Iraq, and that coal is what they use to fuel their data centers for AIS. So they've got major vulnerabilities in ways that we haven't even fully appreciated.
Speaker 2: Right now, Peter Schweizer, I think you're absolutely correct. Love having you on the program. Thank you so much for joining me and everybody out there go find Peter Schweizer's books and everything else online. Now stick around, because shortly we're going to have a look at why the mainstream media continues to remain so distrusted in the US. Yeah, you're not going to believe this one. But first I think we ought to have a little check in with our favorite based Democrat John Fetterbin here talking about what else the war and how he reckons it's going the top.
Speaker 7: Fifty five of them were killed, and I think they just blew up eighty of the random's mole eyes too.
Speaker 4: I mean that was pretty great actually.
Speaker 2: So all right, can you imagine this guy's reaction to that footage of the Iranian battleship being torpedoed? Kick this guy in the Republicans, I don't care about the hoodie. Stick around. Because author Elizabeth Pipko is with us. After the break, welcome back to the program. Now, I want to have a little chat about the US mainstream media's reporting of these strikes in Iran. We've touched on the failing Washington Post's effort to push this narrative that Trump's needs to be stopped, and White House Press Secretary Carol Levitt has delivered a brutal takedown of CNN anchor Katherine Collins after she ranted about the criticism of the media coverage. Just take a look.
Speaker 11: But these maxp was complaining that it was front page news about these six service members who were killed.
Speaker 12: If that's not what the secretary said, Caitlin, And that's not what the secretary meant, and you know it, you know you're being disingenuous.
Speaker 11: There is not. We've never had.
Speaker 12: A secretary of Defense who cares yours.
Speaker 11: To get through where tragic things happen. It's front page news. I get it. The press only wants to make the president look bad. Yes, you know, the president dots of you a service members.
Speaker 12: Under every president, the presses only want to make the president look bad. That's a fact. Especially listen to me, especially you, and especially CNN, and the Secretary of Defense cares deeply about our war fighters and our men and women in uniform. He travels all across this country to meet with them, to connect with them, and your network has hardly ever probably reported on that.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Joining me now to discuss this and a whole lot more is former Republican Nationally Committee spokeswoman Elizabeth Pipkow. Elizabeth, welcome to the program. Great to have you here. Isn't any wonder that people in the US just don't trust the mainstream media when we see some of the performances we've seen over the last week.
Speaker 13: I'm glad you mentioned the last week, because I don't think we'd have time in this segment to discuss the performances that I've seen from the mainstream media over the last ten years, right, because since Donald Trump first announced that he was running for office back in twenty fifteen, the media decided they were going to be basically activists and not journalists anymore. They were going to spit in the faces of the American people, basically claiming that they were telling the news, when in reality they were giving their own biased opinions on Donald Trump, trying to sway the sentiment in our own country, trying to tip people into their direction before they had to vote in national elections, and deciding that they were doing the right thing. And I'm sick of it, but I know more than me, the majority of the American public is sick of it, whether they're Democrats or Republicans, because.
Speaker 11: This is not what we want our journalists to be doing.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I think you're exactly right, Elizabeth, And I think one of the great founding myths that we've had has created this problem is the whole Watergate myth, where journalists think that they are players. And there was a story this week that again Pentagon journalists have been upset about not getting access to you know, different people and things and so on. But to me, This whole controversy is all about journalists thinking their egos are more important than national security or the lives of American servicemen. I'd love your thoughts on that.
Speaker 13: No, I one hundred percent agree. I think when it comes to the Pentagon, when it comes to the kind of sensitive materials that are being passed around and discussed there, you cannot risk journalists being in the building who are too busy trying to appeal to their base, trying to go viral on Twitter, even risking sharing classified information, something I know members of this administration have had to worry about when it comes to members of the media.
Speaker 11: We can't afford that as a nation. We can't afford it.
Speaker 13: When it comes to what we're dealing with globally right now, we can't afford it. Based on what we're dealing with with Gaza, with Ukraine, now with Iran, there's too much sensitive information going around. American lives or at risk, the lives of our allies are at risk, and unfortunately, these so called journalists have proven themselves to be not trustworthy over the last ten years. And of course we want to give everyone access in this country. We defend our First Amendment at every opportunity that we have. Donald Trump himself has done that. We know how the media has treated him, and he repeatedly tries to answer their questions. He tries to give as much information as possible, He tries to be available as much as possible, something we certainly did not see from our last president here. But at the same time, we have to remember that when there's important information at play, when there's important movement being made, when decisions have to be made at the same time and you can't trust people, we have to make the kind of decisions that will keep American lives safe and not try to keep these egos you know, happy.
Speaker 2: Well, you know it is all about egos. And I have been stunned to see, kind of heartened to see, frankly, that the Department of Justice has announced thirty more people being charged over those anti ice protests in Minnesota a few weeks ago. And I know that seems like ages ago with everything else that's happened in the last month, but thirty more people in Minnesota have been charged, including of course, this is the protests that led to see it an anchor, former anchor Don Lemon, being charged.
Speaker 4: We're here we're here to worship Jesus. That's while we're here.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's while we're here. Hopefully that's what we're about. What do you think Jesus would be understanding?
Speaker 8: We're about these We're about spraying the love of Jesus.
Speaker 2: We have a more ego obsessed journalist I put those words in quotes than this guy.
Speaker 11: I'm glad you said that so I didn't have to.
Speaker 13: I have not thought of Don Leman as a journalist in quite some time.
Speaker 11: But look, this is the United States of America. It's twenty twenty six. Nobody wants to see this.
Speaker 13: And the fact that we're so divided that people think this is a good idea and appropriate thing to do. I think it's just really a sign of the times right now. I don't think it's right, obviously, but it's also illegal. The First Amendment does not give you the right to storm into a church, try to intimidate families, or obstruct people trying to practice their freedom of religion. That's not what we believe, and it's not legal in our country. And I just wish more people would realize that when they think that they're fighting as activists, what they're really doing is embarrassing themselves and demeaning us as a nation. This was so unnecessary. Shame on Don Lemon honestly for thinking this was a good idea. But for the folks that followed him, I hope they realize he was doing it for clicks. I don't know what it was that they were doing it for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean it's called clicks, not social justice there. But hey, finally, before I let you go to I want to talk about a little bit of foreign policy here in the fallout between Donald Trump and British Prime Minister Keir Starmer. Now, Trump has rightfully, I think given Keir Starmer quite a serve over the British special lives being allowed to a special relationship, being allowed to fall apart under Starmer. Have listened to this.
Speaker 6: I'm not happy with the UK either. That island that you read about the lease, Okay, he made it for whatever reason, he made a lease of the island. Somebody came and took it away from him, and it's taken three or four days for us to work out where we can land there. Would have been much more convenient landing there as opposed to flying many extra hours. So we are very surprised. This is not Winston Churchill that we're dealing.
Speaker 2: With, you know, Elizabeth, I think invoking Winston Churchill here that is the big one here. I'm just worried though, that the great special relationship between Britain and the the US now is starting to crack apart. Is that what the sense is now in Washington?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 13: I think when it comes to President Trump, those of us that know him, those of us that have worked with him over the years, we know that he does not care much about these relationships that he has. He knows what it means to be insulted by a lot of these foreign leaders, to be laughed at, to be mocked because a bunch of these guys want to do this so that they can score some points with they're base in their own individual countries, not because they actually think it's a good idea for the relationship that they share with the United States of America. So I've seen President Trump work with everybody. It doesn't matter who they are, what kind of jokes they've made about him in the past. He understands exactly what they're doing. And I worry less about the relationship and more for the people that have to be led by Starmer for the next two years, who know that he is not the leader that they want. Certainly he's not a Winston Churchill and never will be. But more importantly, what's going to happen to an ally of ours.
Speaker 11: When that is the kind of leadership that they, unfortunately have signed up for.
Speaker 2: Well, ye know, I think you're right there, Elizabeth. Thank you so much for joining me on the usport. Really appreciate. We'll have you back real soon. Now, don't go away because your favorite only in America is coming up real soon. But first, how about a little bit of the wited wisdom of Louisiana. Senator John Kennedy here talking about Ilhan Omar and the Ayahtola.
Speaker 14: In the words of Congresswoman Omar, I love you like a brother, and I want you to understand I'm not trying to dodge your question.
Speaker 15: I just want to answer it in a little different way. I don't hate anyone, but I will shed no tears for the Hyah tool. Commenee, he won the corn toss and he elected to receive, and boy did he receive. May he rest in pieces.
Speaker 2: Like a brother? Yes, Senator, I see what you did there stick around because Only in America is next. Welcome back to the program, and now it's time for a little segment we.
Speaker 1: Like to call only in America.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, they say politicians are a bunch of muppets, and in this case they are right. Yes, here's proof, Trump, Net and Yahoo, all of them muppets.
Speaker 1: Maybe we got a problem. We might have to stop the warts. What but we've already been I know, man, I know, but something happened that we did not anticipate. Well huh, we've infiltrated every single aspect of it because they waited days to do it. Man, days. They really good as snapping this time.
Speaker 4: Talk to me.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to say this, baby, but there's been a statement of utmost concerned from the Europeans. Those bottle tops better be attached to the missiles Donalds. They're like, miss your president, you violated the AYAD data privacy. Your aircraft carriers are rated C minus for energy efficiency. I'm screaming, boy. We could go on for weeks like this. We were weeks and weekshand weeks and weekshand ah.
Speaker 2: Yes, the violated of the IETOLAS data privacy. That was G zero media with their very good and apparently new satire puppet regime. Anyway, that's all the time we've got for this week. Don't be a muppet. Come back next week for more US support, and I'll see up bright and early Sunday for outsiders. Bye bye,