Speaker 1: We got ready get you every morning, every day, every relationship Adelaides Jody and Hazy Joe's each.
Speaker 2: And every year, I make news resolutions, and I'll tell you what. I have never stuck to them ever, No, absolutely ever this year and this is a bit more of a serious space for me this year, a big news resolution is to aggressively cut back on alcohol. Okay, and we often joke around about having big nights and all those types of things. But I'm thirty nine years old now, i have a six year old, a four year old, and a one year old, and I'm at the stage of my life now where I'm starting to look back and I'm starting to think, am I what's my relationship with alcohol like? And where's it at? Because I think in theory, I would say to myself, now, I have a good relationship. I rarely overdo it, but when I really really dig deep and sort of discover what's going on, it's probably not a very good relationship. And I'm talking about to give you an example, if I look back at all of the really bad things that have happened in my life, whether it be personal relationships, work, and particularly where I've done something really really wrong, and I've had to answer for myself and try and fix things. It's one hundred percent involved alcohol.
Speaker 3: I don't think you're on your patn alone there.
Speaker 4: I think there are so many people who look back at their lives and go everything that is crappy that has happened can be attributed to doing something stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So not just that that's the big nights, but what I'm talking about for my particular lifestyle is and I'm a sucker for routine. I need a schedule, and I'm to the second with my schedule, and.
Speaker 4: I have to say, you're very disciplined during the week, like you won't drop and you won't touch a drop of alcohol during the week, could you know?
Speaker 2: And that's the thing. But Friday comes and.
Speaker 3: It's me again.
Speaker 2: We joke around about it, but that's what it's like in my head. So if I was to have one or two, maybe three beers, that's I think that's fine. But that doesn't happen. So what happens in my life right now, And for a lot of discussions with my wife about it, because it's ruining my weekends and it's ruining my only day off, and that is Saturday. And I should be absolutely intently enjoying my life with my kids. Is that five six beers?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Maybe glass of wine? Who knows, Maybe it's the bottle. So then all of a sudden on a Friday night, and what am I doing at home? I'm at home watching sport on the couch. I know what happens from that. It's not a huge, huge night, but I go to bed with bloody hell extra two thousand calories in my guts. The next morning, I wake up and I'm a pretty useless version of myself, particularly for the morning, and the kids want to do stuff, and Dad's just easing into it. He's not properly hungover, but he's not at his best. He's nowhere near his best. He's probably running about seventy percent. I am wasting these golden years of my kid's youth, six four and one, and all they want to do is stuff with Mum and dad. And right now, I feel like I'm wise enough to know that if I advance ten years look back and be like, cheez, you're going to regret that, mate, You're absolutely it's going to be your biggest regret.
Speaker 4: I just want to applaud you and anyone who takes the time to stop and go. I need to assess my relationship with alcohol, as I have done over the years. I'm a classic gray area drinker, so not so much an alcoholic, but there are times when the consumption of alcohol is abuse. And I think, for you on a Friday night, it's just that because you're so heightened or weak and you have to be on all week, it's I get it.
Speaker 3: You want that. It's almost like oblivion.
Speaker 4: And so you don't have to think, you don't have to worry about anything, you don't have to cope with anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just about I'm not about to say I'm off it. I'm not drinking anymore, but it's about being having a relationship where I can have two beers, yeah, on a Friday night, and that's it. Don't need anymore. There's no difference. The difference from me from two beers to say seven to ten beers is the next day I'm useless, and what the hell is the point of that? So I can perl abuse at the sport that's happening on TV on a Friday night. N I certainly pleases my wife and very attractive to that. He's yelling at the TV again.
Speaker 4: But I do want you to have a chat with a friend of mine who specializes in this area. So I've taken the liberty of teeming this up for you if you're open to having a conversation with her about alcohol and it is essentially a poison and what that might be doing to your body by putting that shit volume of alcohol in your body at one given time.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, you're not stitching me up, Duffman's not about a cruise. It's all over. No, But thank you for this because this is Yeah, I'm thirty nine years old as well. It's a next it's the next stage in my life.
Speaker 4: And I just don't want you to feel you're alone in this because alcohol abuse amongst men, women women in particular is a thing, and I think there are more and more.
Speaker 3: People just who are sober curious what they like to say.
Speaker 4: So not necessarily I'm never ever going to drink again, but they will definitely take steps towards cutting back.
Speaker 3: Let's go to anonymous.
Speaker 4: Your husband was a bit of a drinker, yes, okay, talk us through your story.
Speaker 5: So he's been over for over a year now. He was a heavy drinker, and I always didn't think that it was an issue. Obviously my history always had drinking in the family. Fell out the tree and kind of realized that we just made cake. And not only has it been great for his health, but obviously relationships around him just through. So I think it's to me, I'm so proud of him and it's changed our relationship. It helped us and kids everything like that, energy levels of through the roof. So to me, it's really difficult to normalize the fact that someone chooses not to drink and finding options for him. He's been through all of the different and zero alcohols and sound something that he likes, so that when we go out somewhere that it's a beer with zero alcohol, he can still drink and yet feel normal because you've got a stubby holder in your hands with a beer, so that when you go out people kind of judge you and looking at like, you know, a zero beer, what's that about. I'd love to see that the normalized.
Speaker 4: Can I ask you what it's felt like to have your husband Back's amazing.
Speaker 5: I've got my best friend back. Sorry, I didn't realize how much it was impacts me, but yeah, it's so good. To see the best version of him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you should be super.
Speaker 5: Sorry, not good RIGHTO.
Speaker 2: I'm just thinking anonymous because like we're pretty stubborn creatures, and I especially especially when when you say that you know you've spoken to him and he says, I'm fine, I don't have a problem. I've been have the same hope. Well, I know exactly what you're talking about, yea.
Speaker 5: And it came to a point where I had to get my kids involved because I just couldn't do it anymore because that person was not the person that I fell in love with, that's for sure, and I just couldn't do it anymore. So it's hard to get kids involved. But yeah, I'm so grateful that they did help. God I hope they're not watching. Yeah, and it's been an amazing top month.
Speaker 4: Did he go into it thinking I'm never going to drink again, or I just want to scale it right back and see what happens.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, that was the intent of I'm just not going to have some beers for a while, and then realized that he felt so much better. He will on occasion like there's been time for resulter a zero bear and someone's given him a normal one like oh, well that's the gain or yeah, but he hasn't fallen back into that circle of I'll just have another one.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I think that's the difference of knowing that there is a zero beer that he could have that makes it easier. It's an easier transition because you're not just quitting it all together, like we're smoking for him.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm glad, and honestly didn't say that someone slipping a beer. And then all of a sudden he turned into Frank the tank or so.
Speaker 5: We're going in the quadroon.
Speaker 3: We're all shrinking, Chloe, you my love? One year sober? How good?
Speaker 7: Yeah, just just over a year now, actually about a year and a half now.
Speaker 8: I started same thing, drinks on the weekend. You know, I unfortunately drink like an absolute fish, so just.
Speaker 9: Yes, started drinking.
Speaker 7: And then it turned into you know, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and then all.
Speaker 1: Of a sudden, I was, you know, getting sort of plasted every single day of the week, and I went, I need to sort of step back and assess here, and I sort of cut down my alcohol consumption and then.
Speaker 8: I sort of noticed how sort of I guess.
Speaker 7: Annoying you can be when you've the night on the grog and you know how much it affects you from watching it from other people's perspective. You know, you sit back and you go, oh, man, you know, people do make some horrible, horrible decisions.
Speaker 9: I don't want that to be me anymore. So why am I actually even drinking at all? Yeah, I'll just cut it, and I do not miss it.
Speaker 8: I've you know, some people go on, I miss having a drink. I do not at all.
Speaker 7: You know, It's made me feel so much better. Mental clarity is at an all time high. I see the world in such a different way now. All my relationships with everybody are so much better because I don't, you know, I've not had a big night on the grog and then lash out the next day, and you know when your emotions are a bit all over the place and you're feeling.
Speaker 9: A bit hungover. So yeah, it's definitely a hard one.
Speaker 4: To kick, though, Chloe, I've never ever met a sober person who has said this has made my life worse, not one. Every single person that gets sober says it has infinitely improve their life.
Speaker 3: So well done to you.
Speaker 4: I think that's an amazing effort.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: There go some great stories coming through as well about how much better it could be and how people can absolutely genuinely improve yourself. And I've said that, and I've heard of people as well that go down that path, and that is I want to reduce, but then you end up just completely quitting. Yeah, so I want to improve my relationship with our cohol. I haven't said that I'll completely quit and go cold turkey because I don't trust myself they have some sort of dangerous blowout as well.
Speaker 4: Also, don't want to put that pressure on yourself either, because you know people are watching, particularly in your job. So you don't want to have to set yourself up and say I'm never drinking you again.
Speaker 3: Well you may well, but.
Speaker 4: It's worth exploring to see, Okay, do I want to significantly cut back or quit all together?
Speaker 3: It's worth asking that question of yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So for example, I'm forwarded this year.
Speaker 3: God you look good, mate.
Speaker 2: Mate, you look My point is that, you know, My point is that there'll be a hangover. Yeah, I'll have a fortieth, then we'll have a couple of drinks. I don't want to do stupid things.
Speaker 4: Let me throw this into the mix for you, and it's something that you probably never have considered. Women when they go through perimenopause or menopause, alcohol impacts them so much worse.
Speaker 3: Than men like you.
Speaker 4: Throw all the imbalance of hormones in there and it becomes helps a real mindfield.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, fourteen we're talking about Well, it's stemmed from me trying to improve my relationship with our cohol. We've had some fantastic calls coming through Julie, good morning to you.
Speaker 10: Look, I just wanted to ring and say, hain't you so finally bringing this topic, you know, out into the public and speaking about it. You know, it's such an obvious sort of culture to go out and socialize but have to drink, and then people go, why aren't you drinking and having to explain all of that. So I just really wanted to ring and face thank you so much for talking about it this morning.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Julie. It's but you're right. I feel like that as well. And I can't say this enough. I'm not trying to really get rid of our coho or anything like that. I just it is an easy culture thing, though, isn't it. It's a weird which is fine, and I've always grown up with it and I played footing and we had some success and it was a lot of fun, sort of mixing with our coals. Sometimes you take it too far, but it feels like it's very much an Australian thing.
Speaker 4: And also, Julie Hazy, there's a lot of shame involved in putting your hand up sometimes and still to this day and saying I think I might have an issue here.
Speaker 3: So I think the more we normalize it, Julie, the better off will all be.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and to be able to talk about it openly and you know, and yeah, because I think there's a lot of people out there that are silently suffering about it. And so yeah, like I said, I just wanted to say thanks for talking about it.
Speaker 2: Good on, Julie. Well, thank you so much for calling.
Speaker 4: I had someone say to me once who I had a bit of a drinking issue, said I actually like myself when I don't drink, And that was so powerful. Yeah, because it can be a real spiral to go down that path.
Speaker 2: You said that before. I can't imagine something is more true. No, it is here for kiffing up alcohol and regretted it Yeah, that doesn't make sense. I won't find someone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: I have a really beautiful friend who works in this space. Her name is Isabella Ferguson. She's a registered counselor specializing in alcohol. And I just thought if you were a tiny bit worried, maybe it might be worthwhile to have a little chat. So we say good morning to you.
Speaker 12: Bella, good morning.
Speaker 3: Well, just that sound familiar what we've just described to you.
Speaker 12: Oh, it certainly does. And particularly just the age group. You know, when we're hitting our late thirties, early forties, we've got young kids, we start to feel it a bit more. So we're looking to make some changes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for me, Bella, it's not Yeah, I'm not saying. I'm not saying I need to cut back completely. I really joy a beer, so but not. I'm just I think I'm abusing it, particularly on Friday night. I'd love to be able to sit there and have one two beers and that's it, and that's completely it, and then I go to bed feeling good, I sleep well, and I get up the next day. I'm absolute best at the moment, for no particular reason. It's seven to ten, maybe sometimes more, and for what reason, And it just ruins my weekend. And at the moment it's I certainly don't have a happy partner as well. So yeah, it's an interesting time of my life.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's a familiar story. I hear it a lot. But good on you for thinking about it and thinking about you know, what changes you could make to try and you know, just feel better.
Speaker 3: And Bella, this is.
Speaker 4: A question that I often ponder. Are there two types of people in this world? Is there one type that can have one or two drinks and then their brain says no, that's it for me. And then is there another type like hazy and I can be prone to just binge drinking. Is it the way you metabolize our Oh what is it?
Speaker 12: I don't think it's the way you metabolize it. But I think it's just that they're definitely two cancer people, and you're right with the way that you've summarized who they are. You know what they are. Some people can just have one or two. But there are reasons around genetics about how early we started drinking and our emotional reasons, so why we might be drinking, and if we just keep on behaviorally exposing ourself to large amounts of alcohol. Over time, naturally, our tolerance is going to increase and it's just going to be harder to pull back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and me telling my wife Bella that the reason I'm doing it is because I'm a really fun guy. Isn't working at the age of thirty nine when we first met when we were twenty five.
Speaker 4: And so for someone like Hazy who has gone all right, this is a bit gray area for me, what would you recommend to him to start by cutting back?
Speaker 12: Gosh, but there are so many ways to do this. I think it's really useful to plan, say a six week period where you are setting yourself some goals around alcohol and then almost treating it like an experiment where you're noticing, are you breaking your moderation goal? How much'll you having? What are the circumstances around you drinking too much? Is it around certain kinds of friends, is it when you're a certain kind of day, are you stressed? Are you emotionally drinking? And just kind of try and learn what is going on for you?
Speaker 4: One more quick one for me, So why do we sleep so poorly when you have a few drinks?
Speaker 3: And it doesn't even have to be that much.
Speaker 4: It can be one or two glasses of red, and then I just think you get the two ams, don't you? You do?
Speaker 12: So alcohol does not help sleep in any way, shape or form. In fact, I've got some great stats. If you have one drink, your sleep quality actually goes down by ten percent. Two drinks that's twenty four percent, and then or more it's up to forty percent. So when we drink alcohol, this is what happens to our brains. It crosses the blood brain barrier and it stimulates the pleasure center of our brain. So we feel that relief, that dope, meine that gabba. But then what happens is our brain notices that there's an imbalance and it releases stimulants, which is adrenaline and cortisol, which stays in your body a long time. And so this is why you only feel that relief for twenty minutes when you drink. The stress hormones take the edge off, and that's why you start getting restless and reaching for your next drink. But what happens with sleep is the stress hormones stay in your body for a long time. So although we might fall into a deep sleep, that's in our body is trying to get rid of the toxins. It's not the good quality R E. M sleep, so that rem sleep that we get, that restorative sleep that we need to feel physically and emotionally. Well, it's elusive. It's really disrupted with alcohol.
Speaker 2: I know I'm not alone in this. Is this how much is it? How much of a culture thing is this in Australia? Because I feel like you speak to a lot of people and it's the way that they were brought up and things like that. What do you think us as a whole and maybe particular males, what's the relationship with alcohol in this country?
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's often very culturally connected with our identity. So and that's why it's often really hard to break brief from alcohol because it forms part of how we socialize, how we have fun and celebrate, and how we connect with our mates and particularly men. Alcohol is often very much paired with having a debrief, watching sport and connecting. So to take that element away, which is often our social safety blanket and has been paired with so many aspects of our life, can be feel really difficult. And there's a great fear of being ostracized and where tribal human beings need our mates, so it's often the biggest barrier to giving up is losing connection with our friends. But yeah, it's culturally ingrained everywhere everywhere we look really well.
Speaker 4: I can highly recommend if anyone who is struggling with alcohol they can jump on your website and get the tools that they need to help there.
Speaker 2: But thank you, seriously, there's so much to take from that, and I absolutely know that there's a bunch of people listening right now who are in the same category. So thank you because you're making a difference.
Speaker 12: Oh, thank you so much. And yes, anybody else, anybody out there who feels their drinking too much, listen to that voice. It's worth cutting back.
Speaker 4: He's been on our screen since the late eighties.
Speaker 6: In the soft draw right.
Speaker 3: There an Australian comedy icon.
Speaker 2: Welcome to my pals. Would you like me depeat it?
Speaker 13: I have our roller in the.
Speaker 4: You see the most importantly for it from Kas and King.
Speaker 13: Well, I don't know anything about church tables.
Speaker 4: What if I get it wrong and you blistering your funny spearing in the garden with his show? King tickets and French sticks until Sunday, Please welcome Peter Ros.
Speaker 13: That's exciting that introduction.
Speaker 2: Do you know what as well, just to peel the curtain back. We're lucky that you'll hear right now because about forty five seconds ago, you tried to put the headphones on.
Speaker 3: Knock, I missed it. What happened?
Speaker 7: Well, I didn't.
Speaker 13: I seem to have one that was I thought it was dark, yeah, and it was just folding up so I couldn't actually get them on my head. Yeah, and I just you know, I've been in the bees a long time, but headphones of my mother chink in my armor. I cannot I cannot do that.
Speaker 2: Everyone's got the krypton.
Speaker 4: Today, just listening back to that audio there from Kath and kim Man.
Speaker 3: Sorry, you must get hit up about it all the time.
Speaker 2: Oh it's great though, but you.
Speaker 4: Were every little husband across the street, you yeah, just putting your place, wake out, living.
Speaker 13: Real life.
Speaker 2: Life.
Speaker 3: But it just trans It's transcended. Everyone didn't it that show.
Speaker 13: It was amazing. Women loved it and gay people loved it first, so it got a really kind of groovy kind of notch in the market, and then then by second series sort of caught on and it was just the way women love it, So mothers show their daughters. So when people come to my show, it's a real mixture of people who get old folks like me, and you get lots of young lots of young girls, you know, eighteen to twenty five who want to come and have a look of bread.
Speaker 2: So he's still alive.
Speaker 3: It's still alive.
Speaker 13: I'll look at it.
Speaker 2: It's so different.
Speaker 4: I've seen a couple of outtakes from that show and just you guys just paying yourselves laughing. Was it like that all the time, Like was it difficult to get through scenes?
Speaker 13: Some days the girls were batter They would laugh, they would laugh NonStop for forty five minutes at themselves. Yeah, like self indulgent, and the crew are going, come on, this is not not that funny. We'll give you five minutes, not forty five, so I think, But of it's you know, when you get super tired, you get fatigued, and you get delirious and laughing fits. They're probably the most enjoyable laughing because you're gonna have because they're almost like you're getting like a weird you know, natural drug as and so we've got.
Speaker 2: To add a few.
Speaker 3: You're almost unhinged, absolutely, but so.
Speaker 2: Much fun, so much We don't want to encourage people to house for you. But do you do you enjoy it for people? I always wondered about this for celebrities, and particularly when there's something which is really iconic and it's it's so iconic when people hit you up on the street.
Speaker 14: Do you enjoy it or do you sort of what's what's the go to point? How do you get Peter Rose its peak? At its peak, I would get yelled at, hey, dad, route from the bus or you know car who told you?
Speaker 5: Sorry?
Speaker 2: Kids mean that?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 13: But generally it comes with great love and warmth. It's just and I just I just embrace it because you know, it's really nice. Just people can come up to you every day in the street and go, I love you, or my mom loves you, or my grand loves you. It's really beautiful. So I just will never back off it. I just love it, don't I don't necessarily seek it, but I just generally embrace it when it comes.
Speaker 4: It's love with him to happen and the show is keen at fringe. What's your first love? I mean, you're a comic first and foremost.
Speaker 3: Under the stand up.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I never really wanted to be a comic. I never thought I just I had a friend of mine in Melbourne I went to school with and he used to impersonate trams and busses like the noises they made. He's a bit of a square, and he decided to take that weird skilly had in his bedroom into a comedy club in Melbourne. This is in the early eighties, and he get up there and he go, oh, this is the number seventy two tram crossing Gambwell junction and he just got makes tram noose.
Speaker 2: People go wow, it's exactly the same.
Speaker 3: That's incredible.
Speaker 2: I thought, well, he can do it.
Speaker 13: I can do that. So I got together another guy he started bus and we worked together for a couple of years in the comedy clubs and then I split and we worked by myself and sort of went from there and then that all my crew.
Speaker 2: So my ear like eighties crew.
Speaker 13: This is I'm talking about Glenn Robins, the Kath and Kim Girls, Rob Stitch, all the Degeneration people were all working live at the time, and that all tipped into radio and TV in the late eighties. So he became the god, the god people, the god parents of all comedy.
Speaker 3: And you were a drama teacher. That's classic. That's og, mister g.
Speaker 13: I never I never got to teach. I left in nine and eighty seven. I thought I was going to get famous. I thought this is going to be a disaster. So I went back and finished my course. Up I deferred after three years, so I went back and finished it.
Speaker 2: But I never taught.
Speaker 13: I went from teachers College straight into the Comedy Company, which was a big TV shape Rosader.
Speaker 2: We were saying, this is your first return to the circuit. So eighty seven was the last time.
Speaker 13: I was doing a show called the Blood Run Free, which was an old live show which became a TV show in the only nineties, and we were doing the tour of the festivals. Then we're on with an act called Dug Anthony All Stars a Long Time Ago and them, and we were like the picks of the festival at that time. So I haven't done a proper stand up show in any festival ever since his until now.
Speaker 2: So it's so much fun.
Speaker 7: I just love it.
Speaker 13: I had did a week in Perth before I came, and I'm just digging it. So much because it's a room full of people who've come to see me and they are so invested and it's so much fun. Lots of chat, but lots of I've got lots of materials through the years, so I've got plenty of to call in when i need it.
Speaker 2: Obviously one of the OG's and one of the absolute greats, but be given in this particular space, it's been so long in between drinks, nerves, how did you go?
Speaker 13: No, I've done a bucket load of corporate work in the middle and so now harder than anything you can do. And so I'm pretty I'm pretty match fit. So I'm not scared of it a thing. Nothing intimidates me, and I just that's sort of at the top of my game. I'm sixty two, so I'm not a spring chicken, and I've learned a few things along the way.
Speaker 2: And I'd loved Adelaide.
Speaker 13: I was an Adelaide doing at Chicago last year, and I just had a ball when I was here, And yeah, I'm really looking forward to just being in the park of the thing.
Speaker 3: He Rose Sawn joined us in the studio.
Speaker 4: You were just saying, I fear that your daughter's into radio now like your kids never liked watching you on the telecopre on absolutely everything growing Yew.
Speaker 13: I was dominating for a while two thousands, I was on Like Dog and Gong. I had had a really good first late ays and I came back in two thousand, so I was on Kathy Gim which had sort of ran every second year, and I was doing I did a lot of sorry, thank God You're here. Yeah, for the first four seasons it was on. I started sort of pretty good at it. So I did probably fourps in the first series and four in the second. And I had a show called Can We Help?
Speaker 2: I had I was up.
Speaker 13: There was two of us up for these jobs. So there was me and Adam Hills, and so it's Adam Hills who was going to get Spicks and Specks, And he got Spicks and Specks and I got can We Help? On the OVC, which was sixt thirty, which no one ever watched, but I learned, at least I learned how to present TV a little bit. But anyway, so I was on that and they really hated that. But nobody couldn't give a ratsas about any of them. Come on, kids, please come on, gather around me, gather around.
Speaker 2: Around me, please please.
Speaker 13: Anybody, it's boring.
Speaker 2: Peter rose Thorne joins us in studio, but just in terms of just how iconic the show was kathin Kim, of course, do you think right now do you think where TV's at there could be another Australian show that comes through like that or as it sort of shifted away? Because I feel like Kathy and Kim and a few of these shows really sort of I mean, we grew up with them. Yeah, they helped mold us and I don't know if if there's a space for shows like that to come through again in this market. Do you think there is? I think there is.
Speaker 13: They sit on the ABC a lot. People don't really tune into the ABC, so it's a bit of a bummer. But it's because of the because of the platforms, you can go anywhere anytime and go and watch anything from all over the world that anytime you want to watch it, so that the whole medium shifted, so you just don't get those things where the whole family's going to get into. I suppose something like Australian Item might be as close as you get down those big ten pole programs or you know the jungle thing. You know, people go whatever, we can all kind of watch this together. Then everyone disperses again. Yes so, but I think most of the time people spent their time to disperse through the house, watching their own devices.
Speaker 4: Do you reckon the closest I reckon, we've come to another Cathin Kim was upper middle Bogan, Yeah, pretty close.
Speaker 13: Once again Robinson evolved another beauty. Yeah, absolutely, ripper. Yeah, but you know, if they take, they take. It's a bit of a guessing game.
Speaker 2: I reckon.
Speaker 13: It's really hard. It's like something trending on, you know, on the internet. They just come from no one.
Speaker 3: They is TikTok.
Speaker 4: The words you were after there was it's TikTok.
Speaker 13: I'd say platforms. I just got the head over the platforms, which is from the other two thousand.
Speaker 3: Pete Rosewan, thank you so much for joining us in the studio. Pleasure.
Speaker 13: Thank you for having this a lot on. There's a lot of people in town, so I'm very gratefully you.
Speaker 2: Said yes to me.
Speaker 3: The show is called Keene.
Speaker 4: It's on its spiegel zelt out the Garden. Get along and see one of the absolute icons of Australian TV Pete Roswan, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I love your It was a big old night at the Entertainment Center last night. Kylie was back at her best too. By the way, I don't think it's aging.
Speaker 10: No, she's not.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, she's Benjamin Button. She's going. I mean, I mean, we're not. Let's be honest, We're not under any illusions that.
Speaker 4: Kylie probably has some of the best skin care products going around to preserve her gorgeous looks.
Speaker 2: Nivia moisturizing cream, stuff like that, isn't it. That's what I use a grapefry. We're all purpose moisturizer to. By the way, put it everywhere. That's what face legs everywhere.
Speaker 4: That's what everybody six year old Kylie is using to preserve her good looks.
Speaker 3: Nibia all day, creat back and.
Speaker 4: Then had an absolute blinder at the Entertainment Center last night. She played for Better the Devil, you know, spinning around, can't.
Speaker 3: Get you out of my head.
Speaker 2: It was all there the class.
Speaker 4: That's really cool light show. I saw a couple of clips on Instagram as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the big test as well. When someone sort of records it on their phone or something. If you still sound good there, yea, then it means she sounds absolutely epic in the flesh.
Speaker 4: That's so.
Speaker 2: Even from that, I reckon, you can tell that life she would have sounded absolutely excellent, perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, forty year career, it's ridiculous. Do you remember Carli and Neighbors?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 2: I don't. But what I can say is I've seen visions.
Speaker 3: She looks very different now, yes, yes, of course she does.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not talking about I feel like even a few years ago, maybe ten twenty years ago, I look very very different. Did you know he's a fun fact for to produce a flag? And you told me this, I did.
Speaker 4: What about you throwing back a fact that he's given you back in his face?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 13: Go on there, Well, it's probably gonna work because I've forgotten what I've told you.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's okay. I'm going to hold it actually because I reckon, Yeah, the fact that what you told me it's the first question for the six fifteen venue machine and Quizzy this morning.
Speaker 13: This morning we were chatting in the office. I said to you, has this for the first question of vending machine?
Speaker 2: I didn't say it's a fun fact, right, okay, so, Jose, he's what you're going to do? You drop this particular question next. Okay, okay, I'll played the six fifteen vend machine quiz. It is kighly related.
Speaker 3: Do you want me to sell the factors my own?
Speaker 2: Yes? Please? Okay, here's one I've come up with a little bit earlier morning.
Speaker 12: The following segment is the mature audiences only and may contain how all content, graphic language and nudity, not that you'll see it if easily offended.
Speaker 3: Well, you're about to find out.
Speaker 13: Just how easily your father.
Speaker 4: He's only money Jody and hazes six nothing. So every now and then we flag an idea in our meeting about something we'd like to talk about at Naughty at six forty and the top line was the most googled word relating to sex in America.
Speaker 3: And I deliberately haven't read the article because I want you to break it to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go. Google could be such a useful tool. I think the best thing about Google when it comes to education and for youngsters or maybe people who are mature aged, is that you do it privately. Yes, there's no embarrassment.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: The problem with Google though, is that You're like, what's this little marquee? And Google's like, oh you're in trouble. Oh you'll be dead soon. You should never google anything health related because it will tell you the worst possible outcomes.
Speaker 3: He's got to do with sex?
Speaker 2: Well, you'd be surprised, dude.
Speaker 13: I'm just twelve.
Speaker 2: I talking openly about Google. Okay. The most googled sex questions in America? Yes, I got three for you. Okay, okay, here's one, how to last longer during sex. I hear that brothers and sisters. I hear that pretty reasonable question. And that's one of those questions where you should definitely do it privately.
Speaker 4: I don't know what anyways, I don't want to answer on behalf of Google. But isn't it kind of out of your control? It's a physiological reaction, isn't it If you get to excited? What could you do?
Speaker 2: I've been told that there are methods that you can employ to make such events go a little bit longer. Okay, produce a flat can confirm what are they? Here's another one, very broad?
Speaker 13: What is sexy?
Speaker 2: Guys have heard about this crazy and you think called sex? Anyone doing it or having it, Yeah, who knows. I feel like Google's got some stuff.
Speaker 3: I feel like it keeps the human race sustainable and alive.
Speaker 13: What is this sex thing that.
Speaker 3: You speak of?
Speaker 2: And the most googled question in America when it comes to sex is very very broad, and that is how to have sex? The mechanics can be tricky, am I right?
Speaker 13: Mechanics of it all?
Speaker 2: Like you know this, that, where, etcetera.
Speaker 4: I'm going to regret asking this question as I quite up and do at six forty each and every morning.
Speaker 3: How did you about sex on the farm? Did you just go out in the back?
Speaker 5: What do you hang on?
Speaker 7: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? And also, this is someone, this is this is someone throwing outrageous questions like that who grew up in Tasmania? At least one was with an animal? Not my uncle?
Speaker 1: Coming up with name?
Speaker 2: Can confirm both of those stories completely? Pop completely posps? Can we confirm?
Speaker 3: Yes, we can confirm.
Speaker 2: All right, it's very good stuff. Twins down as well. My top questions on Google? Does car closed her eyes during sex? And whitest car always have a headache? Anyway? Novas tell your bills just around the corner? Do you have a bill that needs to be paid, reasured by the novaplay and hopefully we'll pay it.
Speaker 4: In a matter of mine is white as every time I bend over the dishwasher my husband.
Speaker 3: Tries to have sex with me.
Speaker 2: Why, in this culture and that is Australia, do we feel the need and do we get entertained by really really stitching up our friends and colleagues to the point where they look like absolute idiots. Why does that make us feel so good? Why does it really tickle me in a really nice spot?
Speaker 4: Well, because we like to connect with each other and that's our Australian way of connection. I'm going to aggressively take a piece out of you and make you look stupid and then you'll like me.
Speaker 2: It's Daria. So we've got a new producer, producer Molly. He's doing a fantastic job. It's a big day for Nova Adelaide today because the two bosses in town, Yeah, the two Pizza two Pizza, Peter Charlton and Petter Colossoma. They've got a road show thing where they go around to different markets and just present and.
Speaker 4: They say, this is how Nova's going to dominate the market in twenty twenty five, and then we go have you heard our.
Speaker 2: Show that's a close door conversation. Yes, so this will be and no doubt Molly gets a chance to meet the pizza and big moment, first impressions, all those types of things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Molly's need to the company.
Speaker 2: So we almost had you, Molly, We almost had you through a bit of a checklist of what you need to do when you meet the Petz for the first time, and that is, if you see them in a group of two, they are to be referred to as the Pistols. And also when you meet them individually, because every Petez nickname is pistol. Then after your first interaction you need.
Speaker 11: To go.
Speaker 2: To which Molly thought that was very unusual, but let's just go with it because that's what the Pistols want.
Speaker 4: And then coming up on Monday, we'll have a new segment called how Molly Got fired.
Speaker 2: A record set a record with the shortest stint as a producer. Oh I'm mad here, guys. But then we started talking about it as well, and Molly, to your beautiful boyfriend, you really stitched them up the worst way possible.
Speaker 11: Well, I first thing to say, it was an expot friend, ex boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Sorry, this is going well.
Speaker 3: It was your ex boyfriend who didn't speak well. English was his second language.
Speaker 11: But yeah, not a lot of English, which is fine, but obviously very easy to stitch him up. He was German Brazilian and if you know many Germans, they're very to the point, they're very structured, very serious. So I told him before he met my parents that it was customary to kiss my dad on the lips when you meet him.
Speaker 2: So this is where it's in Australia. We go, that's hilarious, I'm sure in other cultures, like why would you put your partner under such stress?
Speaker 3: And he was like okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 11: So when I first meet him, this is a really bad accent, but on.
Speaker 3: The lips I kiss him on Yeah.
Speaker 11: I'm like, you've got to be confident, you've got to go straight in. If he senses hesitation, yeah, like it's not.
Speaker 3: Going to be a good impression.
Speaker 11: Keeping in mind my dad hates any sort of touching, not an affectionate man.
Speaker 3: So it's just and so did he go from He went to.
Speaker 11: Do it, and I was like, well, I better stop this before Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Because you know, you know that awkward moment Dad and start kissing.
Speaker 4: Well, this is like a really weird, weird synergy in this situation because both the petes love being kissed.
Speaker 6: All back to school, back to a school to approve to dad, Dad, I'm not a kids back And it's great because education is very very important and Mum and Dad get a bit more me time.
Speaker 2: Like that's just a side positive thing, I guess, yeah.
Speaker 4: But kids have been trying to get out of going to school since the dawn of time. Like we'll take a little trip down memory lane in just a moment about how you may bee perhaps tried to get out of going to Beckham Primary School, although you couldn't have because you were the only person in.
Speaker 3: Your ear noticed.
Speaker 2: They certainly noticed. Have to call off school year missing two years almost, I'm a believable sayings the school captain two years and I wasn't there. Who was going to lead the rest of the seven or eight kids across the school any who?
Speaker 4: So my kids this week have gotten very much wind of the fact that dad's away. Dad is on a conference in Sydney. I put that in inverted commerce. Inverted commerce, because God knows what he's up to any who.
Speaker 2: Well, it's probably a bit more to digest from that as well.
Speaker 4: Any who, he alleges it's for work. So the girls have gone all right, we smell an opportunity. Mum is quite soft in this space.
Speaker 2: He's very vulnerable. Yeah, so what they've hited is a pushover.
Speaker 4: What they've hit me up with last night when they got home was mup, I think tomorrow would be a good day for Summer and.
Speaker 3: I to have the day off.
Speaker 2: Okay, are they sick and.
Speaker 3: Just a rest day?
Speaker 4: Really just a let's regroup, because after all, we're seventeen days into the.
Speaker 2: School years and recharge.
Speaker 3: It's a lot.
Speaker 4: One of them is trying out for the gymnastics team. This is Peyton, so this was her theory on having today off school. So this I dropped them off at Grandma's last night, obviously, because I'm not there in the morning, so Grandma's in charge of them. Mum, please reconsider us staying home tomorrow because my legs are so sore and I really want them to rest for the day before tryouts and athletics carnival. And I won't annoy you because we'll just be home relaxing and we'll just be at home.
Speaker 2: Double down, and we'll just be at home. It's a very important point.
Speaker 3: I did mention to her.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow is a big day for mummy work because all the big bosses are in town, so I don't have the headspace to have you two just sitting around the house.
Speaker 2: But what about the schoolwork.
Speaker 4: Oh, they'll be doing that right, No, no, no, don't get this whole situation wrong. Of course they'll be doing schoolwork all day. They won't be watching YouTube.
Speaker 2: So there you go. So what you are saying is that they are absolute trailblazers and they are pioneers, because congratulations, girls, you've just invented school from home. School from home. It's a different generation, isn't it. I mean you've got work from home and now you've got school from home.
Speaker 3: S FH.
Speaker 2: Do you think this could work?
Speaker 4: I don't know if it'll take off with the principal. I'm not sure that they'll be able to sell it anyway. Neglass to say they've gone to school.
Speaker 2: The girls are going absolutely nowhere. Yeah, that's nice. It's a nice little idea. It's sort of it's in the same bracket as my four year old daughter's idea of pre and post dessert with every meal. Yeah, so that's six desserts, six every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're just out of curiosity. What's she having for dessert?
Speaker 2: It's ice cream, ice cream, was some sort of chocolate sweet.
Speaker 3: We're talking for breakfast.
Speaker 2: Breakfast, absolutely, that's what I'm talking about. So she wakes up at five in the morning. The first thing. She's an absolute little sugar junkie. And that is one. Is there some way that I can sort of have I don't know, maybe of ice cream just to get me into my porridge?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But then also, and I blame advertising, apparently a stable meal and a great way to finish the evening is a heap of nutella on toast.
Speaker 3: It's chocolate spread, it's hazel nuts.
Speaker 2: My gosh, I'd still rather the girls are schooling from home, to be honest.
Speaker 5: Yeah,