Speaker 1: Jason Lauren on Nomber one hundred. Well, good morning, Melbourne, and welcome to your Tuesday morning. It's Jason Lauren minus jas this morning, Lauren click.
Speaker 2: The two of us weekend. It's becoming a real anthem for this show, isn't it? Well?
Speaker 1: Because have you ever met a man who takes more sick days?
Speaker 3: I reckon taking a sick day on day two is pretty ballsy.
Speaker 2: It is, well, you must be cooked either that or the joke's on us and he's going to pop up some like somewhere do something audacious, outrageous.
Speaker 3: As soon as I got the call saying Jason sick today, I.
Speaker 2: Was like, okay, this is a pistake.
Speaker 3: I'm not in for a joke this morning.
Speaker 1: No, No, he's sick.
Speaker 2: He's sick. Sick. Well you know what, big boy.
Speaker 3: Like, do you think you'll be off for the week?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: We can only hope it's not feeling well.
Speaker 3: He is exhausted because he's done one day of Are you good?
Speaker 1: I'm very well.
Speaker 2: I just had to look at the weather, what like twenty eight degrees again today. I know it's summer, so we expect weather like this, but it's buddy, marvelous.
Speaker 3: Fine that the first week of this is just the best weather.
Speaker 1: It's hot.
Speaker 3: Do you think the ball kids are getting worked to hers?
Speaker 2: I think another one went down yesterday.
Speaker 3: That porn girl that fell over.
Speaker 2: That is yeah. My sister was once a ball kid. She was she was the female ball kid of the year, and in doing so, you basically get the women's final, the men's final. Yet that the big matches, right, But she took a tumble on court. Once they have these little things around the next called cool, it's oh yeah, And it got so hot. I get that they're sort of wet, you know, you kick in the fridge, got like gelbee. But it was so hot that it actually dried out. You know. That's like it's it's scorching out there.
Speaker 3: When somebody think of the ball.
Speaker 2: Kid, can I stay hydrated? Kids?
Speaker 1: And I found it very hot sitting in the sun drinking my apparol sprits watching last year. So I'm going to the tennis tonight, or make sure I started So am I are you?
Speaker 3: We're seeing next week each other, but.
Speaker 2: We're leading the same line.
Speaker 4: We might be sick.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow anyway, Melbourn. We have a really fun show coming up for you now. It is only our second day back on air, but we have lots to give away. We've got your chance to win fifty thousand dollars coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a fun new game we're playing and at thanks to Carlile Holmes. It's just unreal and it's easy. It's easy, so easy.
Speaker 1: Yes, So stay tuned to that. And also I've got an easy thousand dollars to go. Okay this morning. All you have to do is have a listen for our throwback track. It will be before seven o'clock this morning. If you give us a call on thirteen twenty four ten when you hear it, you could win one thousand dollars and a trip to fun Fields.
Speaker 2: Ash Barty's going to be with us as well, plus our ins and outs for twenty twenty six. I reckon this blow carry style is it?
Speaker 3: He's back in Baby, Let's go Harry. This is music for a sushi restaurant on.
Speaker 2: Over one hundred Jason Lauren for Tuesday Morning. That was Harry Stars to get started.
Speaker 1: Well, that was music for a sushi restaurant. Clinton is just Clinton this morning. Jaycey's off sick. But last night, Clinton Night we went on a little family event. We did not for a sushi restaurant, but we went to a Chinese restaurant. Yum, I love Chinese.
Speaker 2: Boy, Oh boy, did it hit the spot.
Speaker 3: So Paul, my fiance, his family are in just have to.
Speaker 2: Think about that. What's his relationship to me?
Speaker 1: He is my fiance, he is he's read my fiance for a long time. God that God knows if we're we get married. Possibly not anyway, his sister, So, my sister in law, ish brother in law and three daughters are in town. His three gorgeous nieces and they'd been at the Australian Open all day, so they went to They were so excited.
Speaker 3: They're down from Brizzie and the girls are.
Speaker 2: Because they are coming in on a little work experience this morning.
Speaker 3: I believe I'm going to go with thirteen, eleven and nine.
Speaker 2: Look, you know we met them last night. That seems about right.
Speaker 1: So each of them for.
Speaker 3: Their eleventh birthday get a trip to Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Oh cool.
Speaker 3: So the eldest came a couple of years ago with her.
Speaker 1: Dad, and the middle one is here for her eleventh birthday. Now the whole family's turned up, so they're all here. They went to the austral Open and I was like, girls, how is the tennis? You know what? They said, there is a three story meccha.
Speaker 3: I know there's a three story meccha. Now I saw this about.
Speaker 2: I saw this in the while the other day. And the queue to get into the Mecca was akin to the queue to get into Kia Arena, which is where it's sort of situated, like there are people flocking to that place. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we were going for family dinner last night to hear all about the tennis, and then Paul said, oh, Clint's coming because Clint loves a succulent Chinese meal.
Speaker 3: What succulent Chinese meal?
Speaker 5: What is the charge eating a meal?
Speaker 2: A succulent Chinese meal?
Speaker 1: Yes, I assume that you know your judo.
Speaker 3: Anyway, that was leaving the rest store last night.
Speaker 1: So we went with the girls and that's all they wanted to talk about was the Mecca. And there was one other thing that they were just the Ralph Florenz sto Oh yeah, yeah, fixated on that.
Speaker 2: Well, it's become just a Melbourne Park, has become just a behemoth, like as you and I know, having worked there for many years on Channel nine's broadcast. You can it takes you forever to walk from one end of Melbourne Park, which is where the ballpark Isn't they've got water slides there now?
Speaker 1: Well yeah, Addie, our young youngest knee. She took her bikini.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: I packed her bikini and was down an inflatable water site.
Speaker 3: I said, did you see any tenants?
Speaker 1: And her dad said, We land up for forty five minutes to get into Kia Arena and we lasted seven minutes and we left because the girls wanted to go to the Mecca.
Speaker 2: To Mecca to get some samples. They got some samples and that was it was like show and tell.
Speaker 3: They were pulling out all their samples.
Speaker 2: Well, if you're going to the tennis to day, you've got another great day. It's going to be amazing, great weather, twenty eight degrees.
Speaker 1: It's just how did it to go tonight?
Speaker 2: Hasn't that become just like my it's my favorite event for the Australia.
Speaker 1: There's always good music performance. Oh yes, you know who's playing this?
Speaker 2: He?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We must find out. We must google. We muck.
Speaker 1: We should probably have googled that before we started.
Speaker 3: Talking about it.
Speaker 1: Guys, we've got a fun show coming up. Now, what we need you to do. We've got early cash up for grabs. If you want to win an easy thousand dollars, it's probably the easiest way you could possibly win it. And also a family pass to fun Fields. You can cool off this summer at fun Fields Theme Park, Victoria's ultimate one day holiday destination, thrill slides and endless fun away. It's a fun Fields theme park. You gotta listen for this song. We got a throwback banger coming.
Speaker 2: Up that that's one of your favorites. Hey ya, I remember you shacking those hands around the nightclub in Melbourne?
Speaker 1: Is this the one that.
Speaker 3: Says allow right pitch?
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for that. It will come up before seven. If you hear that song, play, give us a call and that cash and those tickets will be yours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was you at term? Was it nightclub on se Kilda Road used to go to all the time or near that? Seven?
Speaker 1: No, it was fifty two Albert Road. Thanks, remember till tax is that many times?
Speaker 2: Our next guest is a tennis player who was ranked world number one in women's singles. She's won three major titles including The Australian Open. Ash Barty is the Australian Open. Chai, please welcome to the show, Sash Body.
Speaker 6: Yes she is in the building, Ash Body, good morning you.
Speaker 4: Thanks for me.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm so excited to see you in here. I mean, you're an icon and it's been so good to see you back at rod Labor Arena in the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 7: It was it's been good fun and first time actually in radio studio.
Speaker 4: Is this your first first time in really?
Speaker 2: Well, thank you saying yes.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, obviously hard hitting journalists you get find be kind. It's not going to Hey, I loved seeing you with the Legends the other night. So there was Leyton Hewett, Andre Agasio. I've had a crush on since I was probably Christ's. I loved him growing up.
Speaker 2: Its pre or post when he went balls, the whole thing, the.
Speaker 1: Whole thing, put Rafter, Roger Federer, and then Ash Barty comes out as a surprise appearance.
Speaker 3: What a night that must have been for you.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 7: It was so much fun and really we tried to keep it a bit of a secret, but I only found out that we were sort of going to be involved a week or so before, so I had messaged my next door neighbor and when I found out at home, I don't hit a lot of balls these days, and I texted him, I said, oh, Danny, do you buy any chance still play tennis? Like I need to hit. I kind of got an emergency situation. I need hit some tennis. Calls you available.
Speaker 2: I went to full train.
Speaker 1: I actually think because you're full training.
Speaker 7: I went hit for twenty minutes with him on the back courts near home, just full training.
Speaker 4: And that was last Saturday.
Speaker 7: So I I prepared a week out and then I came in ice cold, so.
Speaker 4: I was ready.
Speaker 7: How's your first serv Were you like, I've still got it in the practice with the neighbor?
Speaker 2: No, it was.
Speaker 7: Abysmal, absolutely like it's the serve and kind of overheads are the hardest thing. It just feels so foreign when the ball goes up.
Speaker 2: And then you add fifteen thousand people to the mix and you're like, oh goodness, it's the heart.
Speaker 4: Was beating pretty fast.
Speaker 1: What were we nervous?
Speaker 2: I was?
Speaker 7: I messaged Krowe actually when I was driving in, just before I got into the car to drive onto side to see Krowe. I have some really strange emotions going on right now. The last time I did this was in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, and you won the Australian Open.
Speaker 4: But this time I had Roger on my team. So yours, mate, just take it all?
Speaker 1: Are you got some mate?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: I just assume you're all on tour together. Everyone's friends, like, are they friends of yours? Andreagasy and Roger? Not that you and Andrea.
Speaker 3: Gassy really played together much like Patty.
Speaker 1: I know you and Patti ra after.
Speaker 7: A close I would love to say yes, but I think when you just you know, I think of Roger and everyone loves him because he's so personaval and he she so feel so welcome. And I walked out in the court and he wrapped his arm around me.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah, mate.
Speaker 1: And when you walked out onto rod Laver Arena, did it like take you back to winning the Australian Open.
Speaker 4: It was pretty loud.
Speaker 7: I'm very lucky that I was still received so graciously and everyone was excited. And you know something that was really cool for me is my two youngest nieces were there watching and they'd never seen me and my youngest niece, Gabby is three, just turned three, and she said said to her, Mum, is that the real ash?
Speaker 4: She's like, oh, And I was like, yeah, this be, but it can't be. It's it's honey Ash, like the real honey Ash.
Speaker 7: And she could not wrap her head around the fact that I was out there on the pot.
Speaker 6: That was really cool, Auntie.
Speaker 2: And you.
Speaker 6: Guys want to come watch me at the accounting firm and.
Speaker 1: The and now tell us what are you doing now? Because I know you've got this involvement with Rally, which is paddle and pickle apparel. God, that's mouthful. Is paddle and pickleball? Like is this going to be a for a long time? I feel like is it a stage we're all going through a p It's sticking.
Speaker 7: It's massive, and obviously coming on board with Rally is working with Pat Rafter and a few of his mate from Byron Bay. So it's really exciting now to come on board and we can hopefully grow this company.
Speaker 4: It's very much in its infancy, but it's.
Speaker 7: Really exciting and I think you know, with pickle, paddle and tennis, that's sort of the vibe that we're going for.
Speaker 2: So you've got an entrepreneurial now, so you're like a business woman and and a superman as well. So that's pretty crazy.
Speaker 4: Absolutely crazy.
Speaker 6: But I love it.
Speaker 4: I love it full Chocer's full of beans.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Hey, And as you're turning thirty this year, I think we all forge. I mean, I forgot how young you are? Hard cool. What are your plans for the next decade of your life in your thirties?
Speaker 4: Who knows?
Speaker 7: Who knows where it will take me? I think I my life has changed dramatically in the last four years. Who knows where it'll be in ten or fifteen. But I think it's you know, it's just taking it forward to this at the moment, obviously being able to do some cool things with Pat now and almost like with Rally, like try some new things, try and grow a business, try and grow a company.
Speaker 4: Like it's I'm not as exciting.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to do some party planning. I mean, I'm a Vegas guy, Vegas and you scream Vegas, Vegas.
Speaker 7: Yeah, as long as we're finished by four o'clock, it's a lunchtime.
Speaker 6: He brought the kids down as well. Jeez, that's good. That's all the traveling and everything.
Speaker 1: Hands a full Yeah, Jasus refuses to get on a play with these children and they're twelve. So you jumping on a.
Speaker 2: Plan on the fly list? I'm like, yeah, no way.
Speaker 4: Where do I enter onto that list?
Speaker 1: And just quickly before we let you go, who do you think of the two people to.
Speaker 3: Beat and the men's and the women's for the Aussie Open.
Speaker 4: Wow, it's it's hard to go past the best. I think Arena for me.
Speaker 7: On the women's side, she's just she's got the she's got the game, she's got the.
Speaker 4: Accolades here, she's just hard to stop on a hard court.
Speaker 7: And then for the men as well, youinner, he's he's almost been unbeatable on hard courts in the last couple of years, and I think it would take a very very special per performance from someone to knock him off the pedestal.
Speaker 6: Can I tell you back to that night in twenty twenty two. Everyone was glued to their TV's watching, they say, and you mentioned it before. Life changes overnight when something like that happens. Did it feel like that the next day, like it was a totally different life?
Speaker 7: It didn't really, I mean a funny story. We sort of went home we were staying in a house and my obviously my husband was there, my mum and dad were there. And the next morning we kind of woke up. I was the last one to arrive at our screams party, right. I was the last one to arrive at our sort of victory party, right, And I stayed for one beer in half an hour, and then dragged my husband out and said, we're going home.
Speaker 4: I'm tired.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So I mean, we probably got home at about twelve ish. Everyone else kicked on until I don't know what time. I just paid the bill and said I'm glad you guys had a good night. And then we had an appearance for the photo like shooting the next morning.
Speaker 4: But before I went to the photoshop, I needed to do my washing.
Speaker 7: So I was literally up the next morning on that Sunday morning doing washing and hanging up, and a friend of mine came up to help me with my hair and makeup to make me look like I'd slept more than five or six hours, and I said, I'll be there in a minute.
Speaker 4: I'm literally just hanging the clothes out of the line. So, oh my god, I've changed that.
Speaker 3: She didn't change that. What's more exciting winning the Train Open or Richmond winning a premiership?
Speaker 1: Oh which premiership? You know what would be good If we could just win a game this year, I'd be happy with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, you've been rebuilding. This is Let's just hope.
Speaker 4: We don't win the spoon. I'm confident. Come on the tigs with you.
Speaker 2: This is your year.
Speaker 6: We love It's our year. Go tigs Ash, We love you. I just love how you keep it so real. It's so good and genuine and such extrain way to do it. Thank you so much for joining us. Good luck with the clothing brands, kids line, any chance with kids lying down.
Speaker 4: The track, We'll work on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sports, Yeah, looking forward to seeing it.
Speaker 6: You can check it out rallyclub dot com, The Great Ash Party, join us in the studio. Enjoy ao.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys, Hay, Good morning to Melbourne. Another hot one on the way, twenty eight degrees the top loz he have.
Speaker 3: You seen it?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: I love the beck Ends David and Victoria. After watching that doco, I was like, I love you guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we know Brooklyn, he's the oldest son. He's estranged from the family and no one's really known what's going on. They're saying Victoria and his wife have had a few.
Speaker 2: It's sort a bit sad now, isn't it. It's just I hate seeing these things play out so publicly.
Speaker 1: He has put out like a four page When I say four pageman, four page Instagram says a few.
Speaker 3: Or it's not good. It's not good for the Beckhams.
Speaker 1: He's saying they asked him to sign the way the rights to his name.
Speaker 3: The day before his wedding.
Speaker 1: He said that Victoria Beckham was supposed to make his wife's dress and she pulled out at the last minute. She had to scramble to get a dress, and nothing has been the same since the wedding. He's accused the family of reminding him that Nicola Nicola Nicola is not blood, She's not family.
Speaker 3: It's terrible.
Speaker 1: He's spared all the dirty laundry he's had. Their family been going to the prayers to create their own narrative.
Speaker 3: It's very much like the royal family.
Speaker 2: Is there any coming back from it?
Speaker 1: Sure said, I do not want to reconcile with my family ever, Okay, the second sentences, I do not want to reconcile with my family. I'm not being controlled. I'm standing up for myself for the first time in mine.
Speaker 2: I do love his cooking video, so hopefully they continue. He's a very good cook.
Speaker 1: It's actually a seven page Instagram statement. By the way, I didn't get all the way through his cooking videos.
Speaker 2: As very very good, very good.
Speaker 3: Anyway, the Beckhams are in turmoil once again.
Speaker 2: We're not in turmoil, Lauren. We're enjoying our Tuesday right here on nov Oh there it is Lauren Phillips' favorite song outcast. Heyya on Novaka And you know what that means.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're doing throwback tracks.
Speaker 2: We are that one.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie it's not my.
Speaker 2: Favorite, and it means we've got a winner.
Speaker 1: Cool off. This summer had fun. Phil Seapike Victoria's ultimate one day holiday destinations, The Rills, Slides and Endless but Away a fun fil Seapike, Jason Lawrence Trod. Yes, we are doing it all week thirteen twenty four to ten is number. You have to tune in nice and early listen for the throwback track. Those tickets of funds fum Fields could be yours as well as one thousand dollars cash in this morning Alex from Philip Island. Good morning, good morning you went on coming your way, brother.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, guys put a smile on the face this morning.
Speaker 5: So definitely, it's been a busy day and already.
Speaker 3: It's only six forty. What have you been doing?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: I started pretty early four am? Start what are you doing? Absolutly Melbourne? So I work all over Melbourne's Southeast suburbs West.
Speaker 2: Good on you mate. What does a thousand dollars mean for you?
Speaker 5: I'll probably try to go away with brother and family, say surprise them a little bit and brothers come down for a weekends.
Speaker 1: Nice. It's a long weekend this coming weekend too. Everyone's just gone back to work. We've already got a long weekend. I'd be splashing your cash on that, Alex.
Speaker 5: Definitely. I think it's first day i've had off since Christmas.
Speaker 2: Christmas.
Speaker 5: I was working Christmas even Boxing day in the day.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, you're a busy man, Alex. Will there go well done?
Speaker 1: You deserve that, have a fun day out and also enjoy the cash.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Cool off this summer at fun Field's Theme Park, Victoria's ultimate one day holiday destination, thrill slides and endless fun await at fun Fields Theme Park. Congratulations will have more winners right through the week here on over Olivia Dean one of our favorites.
Speaker 3: I love her, I love her so much. She anounced the too, yet.
Speaker 1: She must sure she has she's seeing something so producer Jazz. When's she's coming?
Speaker 2: She's going later in the year. I believe around October and November we must go.
Speaker 1: We will be because as a team.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks, Glenn, team outing. So easy to fall in love? Is it? Yeah? It is? Olivia, good on you.
Speaker 3: Oh did you fall in love over the summer?
Speaker 2: No? I wish I did do? I am I happy single. I'm having a moment here on it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's just like public therapy.
Speaker 1: Did you fall in love in the summer?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't. I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Anyway, you're talking yourself into a whole clip.
Speaker 1: I ask again, did you fall in love? Is it easy to fall in love? In the words of Olivia Dean Clint.
Speaker 2: I don't think so, not right now. But it is summer, so hot, guy something.
Speaker 3: Do you have a summer romance?
Speaker 2: And I had a dance for pash Yeah, Now I went to a wedding in New Zealand and.
Speaker 1: Who did you pass at the wedding?
Speaker 2: But you will recall that yesterday I spoke about the tent. There was no romance in the tent because.
Speaker 1: No girl wants to go back to your tent. If you had said do you want to come home with me? Maybe do you want to exactly?
Speaker 2: Exactly? No, there was a do you know what wedding pashes.
Speaker 3: And summer romances?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I had a few friends who had summer romances and it's it's divine.
Speaker 2: Look do you go how many summer romances? Is too many summer romances?
Speaker 1: You can never have too many? Was it the summer clint He turned pretty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was a it was a key we pash, so's to ignite something. We might have to ignite something across the Dutch.
Speaker 3: Is she from New Zealand? So she can't hear this? That's why you're talking about it?
Speaker 1: Tell me about it.
Speaker 2: Speaking with your freedom.
Speaker 3: You are breaking hearts all across this morning.
Speaker 2: We had a caller yesterday.
Speaker 3: Who asked you on a day no wonder you said.
Speaker 2: No, I was just a bit sheepish, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 1: Though? We down. I was stout in the morning to peninsula over summer and people were falling in were not falling in love. But it's little summer romances. And when a summer romance.
Speaker 3: Ticks over, like the holidays are over, it's.
Speaker 1: No longer a summer romance. No, now it's a thing.
Speaker 2: So you were saying a few of your friends had summer.
Speaker 1: Flings, did love them?
Speaker 2: Really? Off? Peace? Here, aren't we?
Speaker 1: We're going to talk about jellyfish and shark attacks and now we're on summer roam bench.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, by the way, just let's let's throw it at a thirteen twenty fourteen. Did you have a summer romance? And what did it involve? I want to know, And let's get awkward, let's get a bit weird.
Speaker 1: But also, are you in the position now where the holiday is over?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: What do you do? Decision?
Speaker 3: Is it still going? Come on Melbourne Suly? Someone's in an orbit summer.
Speaker 2: The other thing, because we went to Newyear's Eve together, I sort of and we were.
Speaker 3: At the News Eve pass.
Speaker 2: We were at the Portsy Hotel and we.
Speaker 1: Were we were in a restaurant upstairs.
Speaker 2: Downstairs, but we had a beautiful view of all that, there was a lot of like they were our age that was like eighteen nineteen twenty.
Speaker 1: At the same there's a stunning restaurant upstairs overlooking the water, and then there was like a rave kind of party DJs downstairs. And when we got there, the line to get in was so big, and the security took one look at us and we was like, oh, you guys must be here for the dinner. You're too old.
Speaker 2: We don't need a proof of age wristband either. But there was a lot of I did notice on the stroke of midnight there was a lot of party passion going on. It just took me back.
Speaker 1: But there were do you know at that dinner, I think there were forty of us, And someone said to me, it's your Franklin single. There's three single galleys here and they were all chasing all three of them.
Speaker 2: Really, I was unaware of this.
Speaker 1: You ignored all of them?
Speaker 2: You're kidding me? Well, that's who I had, the Kiwi No I was. I was manifesting the Kiwi.
Speaker 3: Have we got the hots for the Kiwi?
Speaker 8: Is?
Speaker 2: She keeper clearly not wasn't able to put her in my suitcase bring her home. That would have been weird. This really did go off the rails. We didn't plan to talk about this and this is public therapy now.
Speaker 1: It's like anyway, Melbourne, he's up for falling in love. That's what I got from that.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, Melbourne, just gone seven am in this glorious city.
Speaker 1: Stunning, windy, good morning. Jason's off sick today. Hopefully he's back on his feet and back tomorrow, but he's having a rest on day two. Yeah, two of the.
Speaker 2: Tops twenty eight today. It's going to be an absolute ripper.
Speaker 1: It's actually going to be sparkling all week I think. Isn't Saturday like twenties that thirty?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be hot. Yeah, good good beach.
Speaker 3: Day for the long weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What is happening in our beaches around the country? So there's shark attacks happening all over sea to say, there's been three shark attacks.
Speaker 2: In two days. In two days, and then here in Melbourne in the bay, there's like being an outbreak of jellyfish, which is.
Speaker 3: Just jellyfish frequment. Have you ever been stung by jellyf?
Speaker 2: I have once?
Speaker 3: Does it hurt as much as they say it does?
Speaker 2: It was sort of itchy. It went really itchy. Yeah, like but I mean, is it vinegar?
Speaker 1: He meant to know you meant to wear ones? Oh are you?
Speaker 2: Or drop the strip?
Speaker 3: That's true?
Speaker 2: Or just drop your strike and.
Speaker 1: We're getting thumbs up. Yeah whatever. So down in Port Melbourne, it's just a big wafer, is it? Port Melbournehere the Jolly Fisher.
Speaker 2: There's parts of the bay and it's just like you know what the ocean or the bay terrifies me as well? What works beneath?
Speaker 1: Someone just said there's some situation in South Australia where you can't eat any of the seafood from there because of the algie. We go down the fish and chip shop to our beaches.
Speaker 3: Oh no, anyway, swimming a pond this week for the pool.
Speaker 2: It's a strange old year, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Speaking of which, well, there is a trend about twenty twenty six, which is your ins and out. We're going to discuss the next maybe the beach is out for twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Maybe join us. We want to know thirteen twenty four ten, what are your ins and outs?
Speaker 1: Your big z bigins, big outs? So this is all over social media. The ins and outs of twenty twenty six, thirteen, twenty four ten.
Speaker 3: If you have one, you'd like to tell us your in and out.
Speaker 2: Now give us a bit of feedback on what we're about to tell your house. Have you written a list, I've got a little list. Yeah, okay, Now can I just can I just give you a peek behind the curtain, because when we were compiling our list, we we sort of went online for I wouldn't call it a bit of inspiration, but just to see what other people thought. And one of the one of the outs someone had listed was a slickback bun. I know, And what do you got on today?
Speaker 3: Slickback bun?
Speaker 1: And I've got news for whoever said that slickback buns are out. I shan't be getting up at three point thirty to tong my headt to crimp my head as a crimper back crimping's not back in? Surely, all right, let's start with our inns. Slickback buns is stealing. I'm looking around. Look at all the galleyes.
Speaker 2: Look at them all, Look at them all.
Speaker 1: They've all got slickback buns, all of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, inns, do you want to start? And you mean to start.
Speaker 3: We'll go one for one.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going to say this. Headphones with cords are in right, See they're just they're cool.
Speaker 1: The iPhone quarter is back.
Speaker 2: Do you know what they don't? You don't lose it as much as you lose the silly AirPods.
Speaker 3: Do you know what happened to me the other days?
Speaker 1: On the treadmill and I was warming up and I have my ear pods in the ear pod pod and it fell as I was on the treadmill and it hit the treadmill and they scattered. So one headphone went that way, one headphone went that way, the pod thing went the other way. And they are about four people on their hands and knees at the gym trying to help me. That was on a course.
Speaker 2: There's now three things to lose, you know, headphone one, headphone two or the actual case and on the plane bad headphones with cords to me are in.
Speaker 3: Okay, well done. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: In for me his early dinners five thirty five PM or five thirty for dinner.
Speaker 3: That's my inn.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 1: None of this eating at seven thirty eight o'clock at night. I'm not doing eight o'clock reservations.
Speaker 2: Also for people of age like us, it helps of the indigestion because you don't want to be good and.
Speaker 1: You walk around the block after dinner, not even the word of LICEID to Paul the other night, I think after dinner we should have a walk around the block.
Speaker 2: He was like, a wee eighty yes, but you know what, go with it now, Okay, go with me here as well, because I'm now this is more a personal one for me, because I'm living a very different life this year, having quit all my jobs last year and just focusing on nova. Right. Weekend getaways we can get away from me are so in just like a little airbnb down the coast, little country getaway, little Sydney trip, whatever. It is, just a weekend get away. What do you reckon?
Speaker 1: I love the sound of it, but I'll believe it when I see you going on a camping trip on a Friday.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to be camping. It's more just like a you know, nice hotel here, even like a little city Vaca get away.
Speaker 1: Little rope you keep going on your own, probably Vaca for one. Okay, that's all right, okay, Well, all of mine related to being old. In for me is stretching before I do any kind of exercise.
Speaker 3: I walked on the trip forty minutes the other day.
Speaker 1: And I limped off it like I pulled both my cars, and the lady at the gym was like, what did you stretch your legs before? And I was like, no, she's hanging on your aid.
Speaker 2: So you got usually had doms two days later, but you've got them what fifteen minutes later?
Speaker 1: Yeah, at the second the treadmills stick, I stepped off it and I was like, oh, stretching.
Speaker 2: I've just very quickly got one more in. And that is footy related. The Goldco Suns, the Sunnies. They had a good season last year, but I reckon they're the ones to watch for the flag this year.
Speaker 3: Not with that song.
Speaker 1: No, okay, time for the out out, go for it. Buying water bottles, aren't we done?
Speaker 2: I've got so many water bottles.
Speaker 3: We're done with spending eighty dollars on ceramic water bottles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what do you say, are you encouraging people to go back to plastic?
Speaker 3: No, to use what you've already got. You don't need to buy a new one for the season. A new one for the color of the season.
Speaker 2: All right, this is controversial. I reckon voice memos are out. They just irritate me. I know you love them, but they're irritating. Just you know what. I'm a big fan of picking the phone up and just making a call. Oh, it's just easier. The back and forward is fun at times, but it can also irritate.
Speaker 3: But what about you know what else is out? The text messages? Just send it in. One drives me insane.
Speaker 1: My friend Lucy, you know Lucy, but yeah, Lucy, she sends a series every time.
Speaker 2: I'm guilty, though guilty as.
Speaker 3: Charged out for me.
Speaker 1: People holding mini microphones when they do instagram.
Speaker 2: It with mini microphones, do you know what pin.
Speaker 1: It to supposed to be on your lapel. They've got magnets and people still hold them like tiny thing.
Speaker 2: You're about to have a much of it. Don't munch the microphone now over the summer, now, parents, I admire what you do, and I probably admire what you do even more after the day that I experienced over the summer during school holiday. Well, you were you were busy babysitting at times. You've got a beautiful little.
Speaker 1: Niece three nieces in town from Brisbane at the moment as well. I've got lots friends with kids and I love kids, but I also love going okay, tip, yeah.
Speaker 2: See you later. But it's it's it's hard, right like the prep, the you know, souper, every everything, it's hard. There's there's so much you've got to take care of when you're taking care of a little.
Speaker 3: One whose children were you looking up?
Speaker 2: So I went to New Zealand and I stayed for a few nights in Auckland with with one of my great mates, Nick and his wife and his two kids. Now the little girl went off to to kindy and they both had to work just it was just a bit of quirk. Nick wasn't meant to work, but he got called in so I said, it's okay, I can look after the little boy. Now he's six, so he's you know when I say not independent is in the world. But they can sort of do most things exactly. So I had no qualms about it. I said, you know, what, what do you like doing? What do you want to do? And he goes, I want to go to the zoo.
Speaker 3: It's from Jerry McGuire.
Speaker 2: It's it's like this is a full outing. Okay. So so Nick says, it's all good. I'm going to pack his lunch. There's just a few things you need to remember. The first and most important that needs to stick with you is he has a cashew and nut allergy. Right, so this is ringing in my ears. This is just like cashew nut allergy. Just whatever you do, he can't go anywhere near anything that resembles a nuts. Okay, So that's number one. Number two is you know, just obviously when he when he wants to go the toilet, you know, he's pretty good, but just sort of just make sure you don't send him bylf by himself, stranger danger, all the rest of it great, just hover, just ho. So we get to the zoo. Great day out, beautiful, beautiful Aukland day. All zoo is really cool. I think it's in some sort of partnership with Melbourne Zoo, like they're all they're all friends and they all sort of co share animals and all the rest of it.
Speaker 1: He put giraffes across the oceans.
Speaker 2: Across the Dutch. Yeah, yeah, they've got it all they've got They've got kangaroos and and all sorts of things. It was a really really cool day out ice cream time. Now getting in the line for the ice cream, he wants yum yum bubble gum yum yum bubblegum ice cream.
Speaker 1: I mean, why wouldn't he sure you can.
Speaker 2: Have yum yum gum ice cream? Is this has this got nuts in it? This you have because I hadn't anyway.
Speaker 3: That also, it can't be next to the white chalk of maceademia.
Speaker 2: You can't co mingle the sixteen year old girl. They laughed at me. She's started laughing. I'm like, don't laugh. You have to check off. This has to be checked off the checklist.
Speaker 1: I would not that would have been.
Speaker 2: That was all fine, Lauren. That was all fine, And I was coasting. I was home home and host here until on the way out, come on, let's go, we'll go through the shop. Might keep you saying, he goes, Uncle Clint, I need to do a pooh. I need to do a pooh. That just sent like I shuddered. I was like, oh God, what does one do when a child of this age needs to do a poop? Like do I am? I take them to the last room exactly, But what so do I need to play an active.
Speaker 1: Role, like how he said, you don't need to mean.
Speaker 2: So in we go, in we toddle, there's.
Speaker 3: An is you what's the issue. He's already done the poop.
Speaker 2: We've we've we've run out of toilet paper. No, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: In Auckland together.
Speaker 2: So I'm there.
Speaker 1: I'm like you in the cubicle.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no no no no, I'm outside everything. Okay, uncle Quinn, I've run out of toilet paper.
Speaker 1: Gracious, shove it under the door. Job.
Speaker 2: It's exactly what I did. But my point being this parenting caper, I'm not there's a lot to it.
Speaker 1: No, I agree. So my little niece, Sienna, she's toilet training. We went for a walk down Sorrento Main Street and now there is some confusion because she calls Paul, my partner, Paul, Paul, Paul Paul. I don't know why, why do kids repeat things? Anyway, I'm Lulla and he's Popol and she's now a toilet training and she says poo poo. So we're walking down the street and I think I think she's screaming Papole. I'm like, no, he's not, it's not here.
Speaker 9: I don't worry, you don't worry about and she's going he's not here's not here, just me settle down, kid, and then she starts pulling her pants and I'm like, oh no, we're not after.
Speaker 2: Pourpol money to Melbourne. A beautiful day head a stunner, twenty eight degrees the top, twenty one minutes to eight o'clock and we had a very special guest joining us very shortly, Lozzi speaking of tennis and everything happening at Melbourne Park. One of the Queens of Australian Tennis, Ashbarti, will be here.
Speaker 1: She has done a lot of no I don't think she's ever done an in studio radio interview before.
Speaker 2: She's a busy gal these days. She's a mum of two Austraian Icon. She was back on court the other day playing in a little exhibition match with Roger Feder. Will ask her about that.
Speaker 1: Shortly, just Roger Federal with Andre Agacy love icons. Anyway. We will be chatting to Ash party soon, but before we talk about Australian Royalty.
Speaker 4: British Royalty.
Speaker 1: Beckhams are in the headline now. I think people fell in love with Victoria and David Beckham if he didn't already love them or like them when they released that doco, was like, well, actually I.
Speaker 2: Think he's Sir David now, isn't he. He's been knighted and she's like Lady Victoria or something similar.
Speaker 1: Well, they may be stripped of their titles after what has done Brooklyn Beckham. There's been stories for a while about him and his wife Nicola being estranged from the family. Recently they were unfollowed by all the family members and the British press.
Speaker 3: Of course they.
Speaker 2: Did these days. The old unfollow on Instagram is a bit of an up yours, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It's louder than word, it doesn't it? Okay, Well, Brooklyn Beckham has actually put out some words. He's finally put out a statement saying what has happened, and I'm going to start with this bit. I've been silent for years. I made every effort keep these matters private, but unfortunately my parents and their team have continued to go to the press, leaving me with no choice. I do not want to reconcile with my family. I'm not being controlled. I'm standing up for myself the first time in my life. Now This is where it gets real messy. Let me take you to their wedding. Oh, Nikola and Brooklyn Beckham's wedding.
Speaker 2: It was quite elaborate. I did see some photos.
Speaker 1: It was miserable for them, apparently because my mum canceled making Nichola's dress in the eleventh hour, despite how excited she was to wear her design, forcing her to urgently find a new dress.
Speaker 2: Hang on, hang on, So Victoria, she's not on the she's not on the tool. She's not on the Janomi actually making.
Speaker 3: The Victoria Beckham is.
Speaker 2: She's designing it. So she was going aful.
Speaker 1: Label her team, I said. She pulled out anyway. Whatever, mom didn't want to make it to daughter in law's dress.
Speaker 3: What about this? Cue the wedding music again? Please, this is bad.
Speaker 1: My mom hijacked my first dance with my wife, which had been planned weeks in advance to a romantic love song in front of our five hundred wedding guests. Mark Anthony me to the stage where in the schedule was planned to be my romantic dance with my wife, but instead my mum was waiting to dance be thirteen twenty fourteen. If you have a horrible mother or father in law. Love in law's chat, Yeah, let's do it? Is your mother in law worse than Victoria?
Speaker 2: Hijack Dan.
Speaker 1: He gets up to dance with his new wife.
Speaker 2: Victoria's up there.
Speaker 1: Victoria Beckham goes, no, I'm dancing with my moment. Hang on, it gets worse instead. My mum was waiting to dance with me.
Speaker 2: She don't tell, don't tell me. The first song was when two become one.
Speaker 1: I need some like an Never.
Speaker 2: What happened now?
Speaker 1: She danced very inappropriately on me in front of everyone. And I have never felt more uncomfortable or humiliated in my entire life.
Speaker 2: So Posh Spice is grinding against her son during his first wedding dance to I one and their love.
Speaker 1: To imagine your mum doing that on your wedding.
Speaker 2: Day, I wonder you won't reconcile.
Speaker 3: She's never been he's never been more humiliating.
Speaker 2: She's she's been on the shards. She's been on the shard, now, hasn't She screams, Liz, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Hang on, My wife's been what about this? Consistently disrespected by my family, no matter how we've tried to come together as one, or maybe this is when to become Mum has repeatedly invited women from my past into our lives in ways that were clearly intended to make us both uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: From his past, was he dated some high profile he must have turned off? Or is he talking about the other Spice girls.
Speaker 3: I don't think they'd make you uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Oh that's that's yeah. Geez, that's getting messy, isn't it.
Speaker 1: But moms do go rogue on wedding days. Moms and sons.
Speaker 2: In Oh yeah, you've got beef here though you brother? Yeah, because he's the loved one. Okay, but I.
Speaker 1: Do want to know Melbourne, let's talk weddings. Thirteen twenty fourteen is our number. Did something happen at the wedding?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 1: Did the father in law go rogue in the speech? Did the mother in law go rogue?
Speaker 2: Did the best man?
Speaker 3: Did the mother come out?
Speaker 2: Hookups? Love a wedding hookup like a best man bridesmaid style?
Speaker 1: What about? I saw on the holidays there was a couple at their wedding and someone proposed to one of the brides.
Speaker 2: I sold the store at the moment. Yeah no, as she went to throw the flowers, you know for the what do you call that?
Speaker 1: You can't do that the boot, No, you can't be doing that.
Speaker 2: We've got something to give away, was he.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four ten years our number.
Speaker 1: We've got tickets to Moonlight Cinema, gold Grass a double pass up for grabs.
Speaker 3: Moonlight Cinema presented by UI brings.
Speaker 1: Movies under the Stars and the Royal Botanic Gardens this summer thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 3: What happened at the wedding there?
Speaker 2: He is vance Joy on over one hundred year with Jason Lauren Future Tuesday Morning Tops at twenty eight in Beautiful Melbourne Today.
Speaker 1: Was he, if you've just tuned in Jason's off sick day two, he has pulled a sicky, well done brother into sleep.
Speaker 3: He could still just sleep.
Speaker 1: We don't exactly, and we hope you'll.
Speaker 2: See him anyone's seen him, the big boy.
Speaker 3: We hope you're feeling better. He might be very.
Speaker 1: Trim when it comes out.
Speaker 2: He could be.
Speaker 1: Who knows right now though. On thirteen twenty four ten, we want to know about wedding disasters, in particular in laws. They do go rogue to a wedding and in the case of the Beckhams, if you haven't seen Brooklyn Beckham's statement yet, Johnston Instagram and go and have a look.
Speaker 3: It goes for pages and pages.
Speaker 1: This is juicy family tea, including Victoria Beckham hijacking his first dance with his new bride, Nicola at his wedding.
Speaker 2: Now, I've got some amazing callers standing by, But first, loss, have you been to a wedding where things have gone a little rogue or not quite ride or something's happened?
Speaker 1: I mean, well, I recently am at a wedding at the best man and speech was like a twenty first pace that burst into tears. No really own wedding.
Speaker 2: Oh g.
Speaker 3: After his speech, she walked over and told him to late.
Speaker 2: I went to a wedding once. This is going back a few years now. It was down actually down the Mornington Peninsula at a beautiful winery which will remain unnamed because everyone everyone got food poisoning recovery the next day, the recovery the next day, everyone was just you know, in huge amounts of grey because well, well when I say everyone, like I want to say sort of half of the guests, And it was just I thought initially went up because I got cook and I was like, oh, cook, cook, I got cook. I thought it might have been the hangover, but no, no, no, quickly discovered a fishy type meal. Anyway, I can't have that happening.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you'd be devastated if.
Speaker 2: It was, especially when the bride's wearing wet.
Speaker 3: Clinton and I both went to a wedding where someone had a Oh.
Speaker 1: I forgot about that woman at the party and she drunk too much and couldn't control her bad.
Speaker 2: But we don't talk about that. Lauren ever was sworn.
Speaker 1: It's one of my favorite stories. We were told never to repeat it. Thirteen, twenty four ten. What happened at the wedding? Angela good morning, Good morning? Was it your wedding or someone else's?
Speaker 9: Well, it was.
Speaker 10: I actually got together with a best man at a wedding back in the nineties. I was a bridesmaid and we got married eventually, and then I hooked up with his best friend, who was the guy that got married in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Hang on, so this is a this is you've gone.
Speaker 1: She was a bridesmaid in a wedding and she married the best man, and then she hooked up with the original group the groom.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so I've got an ext husband and the current husband, which is great.
Speaker 1: Oh my, is everyone still friends amicable?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, you married the groom?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I did marry the group.
Speaker 1: But what about the bride where she she's well, she's not married to anyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she doesn't talk to you. I'm sure it sounds like an episode of Maths, you know, when I all sort of start cheating on each other.
Speaker 3: But your ex husband didn't hook up with the bride, just like to make.
Speaker 2: The out.
Speaker 10: Look who knows.
Speaker 2: Sounds like anything could have happened.
Speaker 1: Swingers down and killsthle.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 2: I love storytime. Yeah, I love a bit of it. That's like salacious gossip.
Speaker 1: Oh hang on, I'm trying to get my head around it. It's a bit like what's happening the Ahl saga at the Lucky Neil.
Speaker 2: Oh. I see she's put out a post this morning on Instagram.
Speaker 1: If every woman in the country isn't behind Jules Neil, the.
Speaker 2: Comments and and people like get a girl revenge post at its best, get it. She's got a bikini body in one of the shots.
Speaker 3: Is that the striking just the story that just.
Speaker 2: Came just Hey, Katerina, good morning, good morning. What happened at the wedding? Dare I ask?
Speaker 8: Oh? Well, my ex mother in law decided that she felt it was fit to wear her wedding dress to my wedding.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: Well, like a Tapita star wedding dress.
Speaker 8: It was a lace.
Speaker 1: She wore a lace did she did she arrive in it or did she just pull it out for a bit of fun later?
Speaker 8: She wore it the whole day.
Speaker 3: Did you know that was happening? No, you sound really thrilled about it.
Speaker 8: She was a peaceful. She used to send her her son Valentine's cards and everything, and she used to say, Mum, come on, now, you don't send me interestingly. I think sorry competition all the time.
Speaker 3: Now there is a thing about mums in this.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, lots of women talk about this, the mums that are obsessed with their son.
Speaker 2: But I did not, Kaarine. He did say ex mother in law. So did you dump the bloke because of her?
Speaker 8: Ah?
Speaker 1: Not quite, Hey, Karina, what did he say when his mother turned up in her wedding dress? Ah?
Speaker 8: He just knows what she's like. So yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: Would you have done if Liz decided to my mom into a wedding dress?
Speaker 1: What would I do if Liz turned up in a wedding dress? Oh?
Speaker 3: I can't even picked.
Speaker 1: Especially my mum got married in like the eighties, I think, Oh no, I don't know. I think it was my mum, it would be maybe funnier. But if it was my mother in law, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Hey, Sue in Eaglemont, Good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 11: How are you?
Speaker 2: We're good, We're good. How is the wedding for you? Oh?
Speaker 11: Well, I was about to walk down the aisle with my dad and the music started playing, and we were in the foyer of the church, and then my dad decided to nick off and go to the bathroom and let me standing there on my own.
Speaker 4: How long is it?
Speaker 1: I mean, was it an express was it a nervous wheel or was he gone for quite some time?
Speaker 11: I was a nervous way a few minutes. And it's sort of halfway through this song when he comes back.
Speaker 1: I'm standing.
Speaker 2: They're waiting for him, just waving at the well.
Speaker 11: My bridesmaids already started to walk halfway down the aisle.
Speaker 1: Oh, the poor groom probably thought he had a run away bride. We were late already, Dad, I think the I think the mother in law wearing the wedding dress takes the cake this morning. Okay, Melbourne, let's do it. It is time to play for five thousand dollars. This is an easy way to win cash, Clint. All we have to do is answer one simple question, Gi, good morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 1: How are you good than? You're a teacher? Are you are you excited to go back to school? Or are you wishing the holidays?
Speaker 2: Also true? No, no holidays. Don't put any nail on it.
Speaker 1: Just all the parents are like counting down the minutes till the kids are back at school. Well, Gi, if anyone deserves some cash, it is a teacher. So let's see if we can win you some money today. We've got three questions, a five thousand dollars question, a medium question for five hundred, or an easy for fifty bucks.
Speaker 3: I believe you want to play for five hundred today.
Speaker 1: Let's do it five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay. Rules are simple here. We're going to give you a three two one and then the question, gaiere you ready, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You're going to know this?
Speaker 3: What grade do you teach at school?
Speaker 2: Oh? Hi, all performing art?
Speaker 1: Oh you'll know this.
Speaker 3: Is going I think it all right, let's just do it.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Good luck.
Speaker 2: Joe. Which actress is the voice of Anna in Disney's Frozen, Kristen Bell.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's definitely Anna and not Anna.
Speaker 1: By the way, whoever bought that, Well done, gie, five hundred bucks coming your way.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much, much appreciated.
Speaker 3: As soon as you said perfore, I knew you had that.
Speaker 2: What's the ed I heard the Disney character that I was just like, Oh, it's it going to be one of these real modern Disneys that I have no idea.
Speaker 3: Hey, wa'ts the school musical this year?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it seeks the teenage edition.
Speaker 1: That is so weird that is this.
Speaker 3: I was out for dinner last night with Clint.
Speaker 1: My three nieces were there who have just popped in to visit, and our oldest niece is starting high school this year and her the musical at school.
Speaker 8: Is six so wonder of the same school.
Speaker 1: And they said that there's some controversial topics in there you have to change for the school edition. Is that true?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of because it's obviously about Henry the Eighth Wives headed.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, there apparently one line that says songs go go something about you wanted you want to bang him, but now you want to hang him.
Speaker 3: I can't be doing that.
Speaker 2: We're playing there, no.
Speaker 1: Good Morning Melbourne. It's just creeping up to eight thirty or on No. One hundred with Jason Lauren, Jason's off to day. It's just Clinty and I running the show.
Speaker 2: We are running the show.
Speaker 3: Breakfast time.
Speaker 2: It is breakfast time, which makes us all hungry. Growing up as a kid, what did you tend to have for breakfast?
Speaker 1: I was a big fan of toast, yeah, same and just I think I was one of those kids that just like butter on toast.
Speaker 2: Okay, a little bit of veggiemine. I was a bit the same. Maybe peanut butter for a special.
Speaker 1: Occasion and neutral grain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'd get envious of some kids who had. I think I mentioned just before the song for pop tarts were big, you know when I was a kid, and yeah.
Speaker 3: They were too sweet for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah I didn't like them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and maybe an occasional splurge on nutri grain.
Speaker 1: I thought, if I ate enough nutri grain, I was going to give handy.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the reason we're talking about this morning is because dietitians and nutritionis here in Melbourne have compiled a bit of a list of what's good and what's not. Now it probably shocks you, but most cereals now say most are packed with sugar and won't and won't actually keep you full. Nutragrain is actually one of the worst to say.
Speaker 1: But the best men really eat.
Speaker 2: Have a look at them, have looked their rigs. Of course they do. Bronzed Aussie iron men, iron men for women and women. Okay. Number one is oats, so it's a really really good for you. Dietitians ranked rolled oats is number one because of how they're high in fiber and not processed or ultra process.
Speaker 1: Right, so you can get I've made overnight oats before when I've actually had the bother to do it. Yeah, a bit of an effort.
Speaker 2: It's a bit of a process and I find them a bit tasteless. No, that's because I've got the sugar in them. Number two all brand now brand.
Speaker 1: This freaks me out a bit, is that that's what my grandmother You see.
Speaker 2: Well, pros, the pros great for gut health and your.
Speaker 1: Call on well at our age, we all need to be worried about our colon health.
Speaker 2: Seriously, It's true number three on the list a week b so this has been a regularly an AUSSI staple apparently fortified with vitamins and minerals. Con Zella are in fiber To brand. And then we tumble down the list like things like special K.
Speaker 1: I love special tell you the last time I bought it, but I love Special K.
Speaker 2: Apparently it's ultra processed cheerios. Cheerios, you won't be surprised, high in sugar, salt, containing a small amount of protein. And then almost at the bottom of the list, Neutra grain. So Neutra grain is well for a cereal promoted as being for athletes, it's actually high in sugar and just ahead or just as good for you as fruit loops.
Speaker 1: Fruit loops bad for it.
Speaker 2: They're just basically like eating a packet of sugar.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what did you.
Speaker 3: Eat for breakfast?
Speaker 2: Well? I was just pretty much pretty much well if I did at all, like i'd just be until I worked in Brecky Radio. I just wasn't a breakfast person. I just sort of zip out the door with a coffee. Now they say that's bad for well, I know they do. Okay, Well, actually my nieces are in today. They're down from Brisbane on school holidays. My sister and Laurie's your two. Now, we're not going to shame you because it's the holidays. They asked one of the kids, Macie, how old are you eleven? And what did you have for breakfast?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 12: Nothing?
Speaker 1: Oh mom?
Speaker 2: What do you okay? What do you like having for breakfast? Macy? I like having fruit.
Speaker 12: Look, because it's to holidays and they're full of sugar.
Speaker 1: The last kat my sister in law was just being shaved.
Speaker 2: She's just gone red.
Speaker 1: My mom didn't feed you this morning, Macy.
Speaker 12: Well what was that to rush to get ready.
Speaker 1: To come in here? Are you having good school holidays?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What did you see at the tennis yesterday?
Speaker 2: Everything?
Speaker 12: There was even arcade there.
Speaker 3: Oh did you see any tennis?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 2: Well sort of.
Speaker 1: She came over last night, was like there's a three story mecca at the tennis. That's all they care about.
Speaker 2: Good, we've got we've got Emily on the line. Emily, good morning, good morning, We're good. Does this does this shock you? And what are you serving your kids for breakfast?
Speaker 13: Oh, it doesn't really shock me. I remember I I read an article last year about this. However, my three year old has three bolts for Cereal every.
Speaker 3: Month of the same bowls or she be.
Speaker 13: So she gets wheetbick. She has two week bicks. Yeah, I thought that was all right too. She has all brand as well.
Speaker 11: Hilariously, that's good for you.
Speaker 13: Yeah, very good gut health that one and her last one, which is the we've literally just had an argument about this morning. She has rice bump. But I went to el on the weekend and bought the Duke rice bubbles and she is absolutely refusing them as she could tell.
Speaker 8: I was like, they're the same.
Speaker 1: They are, They're not as much sugar.
Speaker 13: Maybe who knows, but that's what the three year olds.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. She's having a full buffet. Do you remember getting Oh my gosh, this takes me back to school holidays when I was a kid. We used to go to the talkie caravan park and we'd get the mixed box of the twelve different and you'd rip it and make it into a bowl, and there was always two cocoa pops because people would fight over the cocoa pops. There's two Russ bubbles, I think maybe two fruit loops, and then like one old brand and one Sultan Bad.
Speaker 4: No one ever.
Speaker 2: Wanted ever pay I quite like Sultana.
Speaker 1: Bread because you're an old woman.
Speaker 2: Just quickly, let's get to Bella. Bella's ten. She's from albert Park Ate, Bella.
Speaker 3: Hi, are you on school holidays?
Speaker 1: Bella?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So you allowed different breakfasts on school holidays than when you're at school? Or do you have the same thing all the time.
Speaker 12: I have different stuff. Sometimes I would have a veggie might past and.
Speaker 1: Week six yeam.
Speaker 12: But some days, if I'm lucky, I would get a hot cross fun or Mum would put some croissants in the ovens.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what do you have on your cross salt?
Speaker 2: Bella?
Speaker 12: I would have jams Yum's.
Speaker 2: That's bougie for a kid.
Speaker 1: Oh just let him be kid, Fruit loops and across every now and.
Speaker 2: Then give me muscle tartar Brown. That's what I want to say. Hello there, Melbourne, Good morning Melbourne.
Speaker 3: It's just gone twenty to nine here on No.
Speaker 1: One hundred. You're with Jace. We're not with Jason, Lauren. You're with Lauren and Clint this morning. Jason's off sick. I hope feel better soon, Jace.
Speaker 2: Just the two of us is just the two of us and a beautiful day on the way, twenty eight degrees at top. We're in a store for a scorcher. Later in the week though, I just looked at the forecast. Saturday is going to be halt, halt, halt.
Speaker 3: What are we getting up to this?
Speaker 2: We like high thirties on Saturday eight so and that's going to be stifling for the tennis at the Australian Open. Now LOSSI earlier in the show casting mind Back, we were talking about ins and outs of twenty twenty six. Now this is a bit of a trend that's been doing the rounds in the new year, New year, and you me, what's in? What's out? A few of our favorites emarlier, I know we were talking. I said, voice notes are out in twenty They just disagree. They just drive me batty.
Speaker 1: I think they're getting bigger. Do you think they're getting more popular about the second?
Speaker 2: See, I'm a bit more of a traditionalist. I also said, in earphones with headphone, what are they called earphones with chords?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the iPhone headphones and chords, which is funny because I've got my headphones with the cords too too, because I keep losing one earpod.
Speaker 2: I've seen a lot of the tennis players actually wearing the chord versions of you know, the other things with.
Speaker 3: The headphones with the chords. People know not to bother.
Speaker 1: You because sometimes confession I walk around with them in I don't even have anything playing and I'm not on the phone. I've just got them in. I've done the same and it means don't talk to me because I'm listening to probably a self help podcast.
Speaker 3: In fact, I probably should be listening to it.
Speaker 2: You ever, now, have you ever pretended to be on the phone.
Speaker 1: No, never, because in knowing my luck, knowing my luck, it would ring.
Speaker 2: I've done it to try and get myself out of it. Not a situation, but I just didn't want to talk to the people that were around me phone, so I put the air pods in and I was pretending to be on the phone and I just had music plague. That's amazing, Brody ow Epa. You've done this before as well.
Speaker 14: Yeah, absolutely, I've done it at a bar where I could see some people that I hadn't seen for ages who want to come over and chat. So I pulled the phone out, held it to my ear and then just held the one finger up. Sorry on the phone.
Speaker 3: Well, you can see the screen.
Speaker 1: It's like when you see those paparazzi shots of people pretending to be on the phone.
Speaker 3: You can see their lock screen. They're not on the phone.
Speaker 2: See, maybe that's maybe that's in fake Fake phone calls are in for twenty twenty six. So Melbourne thirteen twenty four to ten. We want to hear your thoughts. What's in? What's out? For twenty twenty six on over one hundred Pawny Melbourne. Clint stand away with you right here, just me, Me and Lazzi are here Jason Lauren for you, Tuesday morning, tops of twenty eight in the city today twelve minutes to nine.
Speaker 1: We're talking about this trend which is all over social media. We're just back for the year, so we've been talking about our ins and out for twenty twenty six. Thirteen twenty four ten is our number. We've got Specsavers voucher's valid for a pair of design and glasses or good at thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 3: If you want to join in, we're talking about it earlier. Have listened imur inner here early.
Speaker 1: Dinners five thirty five pm or five thirty for dinner, Albert.
Speaker 3: That's my inn love.
Speaker 2: Headphones with cords.
Speaker 1: Are in, buying water bottles out.
Speaker 2: Weekend getaways are so in, just like a little Airbnb down the coast.
Speaker 1: In for me is stretching before I do any kind of exercise.
Speaker 2: Voice memos are out. They just irritate me.
Speaker 4: Out for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people holding mini microphones when they instagram here thirteen twenty four to ten. What's on your end list? And what's on your list? Melbourne?
Speaker 2: That song?
Speaker 3: What is that song?
Speaker 1: Did we just make.
Speaker 2: Inner? I love it? Okay, okay, I said, I've just got one one that's in. And when I want to start doing more, I want to go to the movies more. I reckon, go to the cinema. I agree in just just embrace it, to take some time out for yourself, and.
Speaker 3: You know what, you're more engaged when you watch in a cinema.
Speaker 1: I heard Matt Damon with Joe Rogan and he was saying, all these Netflix movies, they're designed to retell you the plot five or six times in the first half an hour because everyone's so distracted on their phones when they're watching at home that.
Speaker 2: People aren't actually And also you know you've been dumbed stopping and starting them. Someone's at the door, you know whatever. Oh yeah, cinema is okay.
Speaker 1: In for me is more collabs in music like that Teddy Swims, David Gueta love it. Bring more big stars together and do more collapse.
Speaker 2: One. We said, let's let's copilot this one.
Speaker 1: Dick togs in speedos, men in speedos. I don't care how old you are, what shape you are. Where this speedos collas.
Speaker 2: Wear the unashamed with my love of speedos, and I'm trying to lap swim a lot more. And I love pulling on the speedos. It's just like you don't have to be in the pool. I've got five are you recker?
Speaker 1: We're I'm at the beach.
Speaker 3: Lads, get out your dts.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, So what's out for you? Anything else?
Speaker 1: But the other thing that's in is miniature highland content on Instagram?
Speaker 3: What come at me? It's in my algorithm?
Speaker 2: Why is it in your algorithm?
Speaker 3: Because have you seen how cute miniature Highland.
Speaker 2: Cows are you're going to have to get it up now.
Speaker 1: And people have them and they bathe them and they wash them in the couple of horns and they're fluffy and they'll want one.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Well we ask for your calls that in twenty four to ten to tell us what's in? What's out for you? In twenty twenty six?
Speaker 1: What's out for your clip?
Speaker 2: What's out?
Speaker 3: Emily and parrots out?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Too many seasons, whatever season it is. It's just a bit disappointing wherever she is, like, see you later. And that woman Sylvie she annoys me and Emily in Paris. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The other thing that's out for me? Yeah, hotel pillows. I'm too old. I shall be traveling with my own.
Speaker 2: You're going to take your arm you're own a coaster pillow?
Speaker 1: Or I wake up with this sore neck.
Speaker 2: I'm a come on, I'm avaid. Hayley, Anne, Good morning. What about for you? What's in? What's out?
Speaker 15: Hello?
Speaker 13: Clean?
Speaker 15: Hello clean, Hello, and welcome back.
Speaker 1: Thanks Leanne. It's nice to be back with you. Have you got an in or and out?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 15: No, I've got it out yep, So jim.
Speaker 1: Out baggy clothing yeah, leave fights behind skinny league jeans.
Speaker 2: I'm with you there.
Speaker 3: I think the skinny leg jeans went out in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Well, although bagg I will tell you that I started to embrace a baggy jean late last year, so you could say that I was ahead of the trend. But then Laurence started calling me Ellen de Generes.
Speaker 1: Because you'd wear.
Speaker 3: Them with converse, and you with that haircut, you did look a bit like.
Speaker 2: Anyway, let's get to Jess in Keysborough. Hey, Jess, Hi, good morning, good morning. What do you got for us?
Speaker 15: My inn is morning walks.
Speaker 5: This year I've decided after works too hard.
Speaker 1: Oh you're going you're getting up and at it? What time are we powering the pavement?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 13: Yes, six a m.
Speaker 1: See. I have this complication that I have this thing called it job, which is getting in the way of my morning routine.
Speaker 3: It's a real pain in the next sometimes.
Speaker 1: But I said to Paul the other night, we're going to start doing after dinner walks.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, just.
Speaker 3: Are my ins and outs?
Speaker 2: Just showing my usually your ins nexium and heartburn mets.
Speaker 1: Carrying a handbag. You know what my inn is, am my out is tiny handbags. Am i inn is carrying a handbag actually fits my phone? And heartburn?
Speaker 2: What about? What do you sit on a bum bag out? Okay, leave it in the eighties, going to go buy one.
Speaker 1: Chrissy Swan loves that she can happen. She's an icon.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Well, there you go. That'll give you some advice for what to do. Sarah and Doncaster, what about you?
Speaker 15: Well, I was going back to your conversation about the fake p calls, and I actually have my lock screen as a phone call, Like I'm on the phone in real estate, so I don't want to see people when I'm out and about walking, so I always have.
Speaker 1: That my lock screen. So if you're just tuning in, we were talking about pretending you're on the phone if you've got your headphones in so you don't have to talk to people, Sarah, that is taking the deception to another level.
Speaker 2: But I'm here for it alone time.
Speaker 15: If I'm out walking going for lunch, I don't want to be stopped talk to people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't mind it, because it is tricky when you are pretending to be on the phone. The old the home screen or the lock screen is it doesn't resemble a phone call, does it, Sarah?
Speaker 1: That's taking the deception to another level. But I'm totally here for it.
Speaker 3: In twenty inner wait here.
Speaker 2: Well, look at that nine am on the knocker. We've been running to time all morning, Lauren, and that is because it is just to us. That's right now, Jason is called in sick on day two of our new year, New me.
Speaker 3: That's just amazing scenes, isn't it.
Speaker 2: We're hoping he's okay. We haven't heard from the big fella, so hoping he's back in action tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Rest up rather now, we've had a very fun show entertaining. We've got plenty more action coming your way tomorrow, including the best and easiest way to win fifty thousand dollars with our Brick by brick brought to you by Carlisle Holmes. We'll be playing that just after seven o'clock tomorrow. Now, you need to tune into the show every morning. It is a simple game of hire or lower how many bricks are in the house.
Speaker 2: Well, if you listen this morning, and I'm not going to give anything away, but all I'll say is our entrant this morning should have been listening yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yeah, we're going to narrow it down as we play along with you, Melbourne.
Speaker 3: So that's all happening tomorrow, but for right now, we are out of time.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being friend, Thanks for.
Speaker 3: Joining us, Melburn. It's been a fun.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And if you're heading to the tennis today at Melbourne Park, I know the queues the last two days have been enormous, like it's taking people ninety minutes maybe two hours to get into the place.
Speaker 1: My tickets family all went yesterday and they said the queues were huge, but the actually moved quite quick. Oh okay, yeah, well that's good, not too bad. Don't get freaked out if you get there and there's a lot of people, but make sure your hydrate. It's gonna be hot today, it's going to be hot all week. We will see you tomorrow, Melbourne. Enjoy your Tuesday, enjoy the sunshine. Hopefully Jason's back with us tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Lauren. Lauren wake out feeling good following them on the socials,