Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiicle Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 3: I'm Britney Saunders and I'm all.
Speaker 2: Right hey, and this is High Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite fruit Chat.
Speaker 1: We've been sharing our lives online for over ten years, so who better to catch you up on everything that's going viral.
Speaker 2: Oh, plus we talk a lot about ourselves too.
Speaker 3: Coming up on this episode fruit salad.
Speaker 2: Yummy, Yummy. We talk a lot about fruit in this episode. We talk a little about fruit and food in general. Yes, what's the fattest thing you've ever done? We'll tell you what we've done.
Speaker 3: Plus I've had another hotel dilemma.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, we got to sleep over last night. We were talking all about that. Oh. This episode felt like a long one. I feel like we covered a lot of topics we did. Let's just shut up and get into it, deal me in do Let's go.
Speaker 1: Well, good morning for the second time, Matthew. Because they've got something to say?
Speaker 2: What have you got to say?
Speaker 1: Well, we had a sleepover last night, Yes we did. Sorry, I just sipped a v so I'm like, really, burpie, that's all right. And so Matt and I hung out last night. We went and hung out for a bit. As we all know, Matt's bedtime is later than mine. So I got back to the hotel.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what time it was.
Speaker 2: Then ten Yeah, about ten nine, I think.
Speaker 3: So we went back to the hotel.
Speaker 1: But then Matt kind of wanted to go out, like out out, and I was like, no fucking way. And so you went and met your friend Toby. Shout out to Toby if you're listening to the pod. But then you've ended up just going out for dinner, like a late dinner anyway. And then you came home.
Speaker 3: It wasn't too late. Was it quarter to two?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I don't even think it was that late, surely not, was it?
Speaker 1: I think it was it was. Yeah, So then you came in and you were quiet.
Speaker 3: That was nice. What time did you ever go on to sleep?
Speaker 2: Not long after that? Maybe an hour later? Yeah, Because i'd been going to bed for context. Everyone, I've been going to bed so late because I've obviously been around the country following Kylie on all the concerts. You've all seen the content all over the Instagram and the tiktoks and whatnot, and so like, you know, when I went to Perth actually really struggled. I was like, bloody hell, Love, I'm jet lagged. Like they're three hours behind.
Speaker 1: I was like, because if you're normally going to bed at four am and you're in Perth, you can't be going to bed there at seven am.
Speaker 3: No, the other way around, other.
Speaker 2: Way around, you'll be going to bed at one am.
Speaker 3: Oh true.
Speaker 2: But then as I kept flying, then to Adelaide, the time changed again. Then to Melbourne the time changed again, and my body was just in havoc mode. So by the time I done at Melbourne, which by the way, you know, sitting front row so much adrenaline with Kylie so close to me, Like I'd get home from the concert and I'd just be like up for hours. So I was going to bed at like six am, And so when you were like, I'm going to go to bed, I was like, well, I need to send it because I'm going to be awake till six either. I lay here awake next to you in the hotel room, or I go out and Toby's always ready for a good time.
Speaker 3: So so what you went to bed at two?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Around then, I think that's not too bad.
Speaker 1: And so this morning I got up at like seven, Matt's sleeping next to me.
Speaker 3: Lucky.
Speaker 1: The hotel had like blockout blinds, so I kept it shut and I just took all my stuff into the bathroom and so I showered, washed my hair, blow dried my hair with a really loud fucking blow dry.
Speaker 3: Matt didn't wake up for any of it.
Speaker 1: I packed up my whole room in the dark with my fucking torch. I'm being so mindful of not waking you up this morning. And then I was leaving the hotel at nine, nine thirty, but it was like quarter past nine, and I was ready to go, zipped up my bag and everything. You didn't hear anything. And then I was like, sure, he's going to get up soon because it's nearly nine thirty. Because I come in and do big business first, and so I opened the blackoutline like just a little bit, and I was like, good morning, it's twenty past nine, and you're like all I love and then I was like, have you got an alarm set? And you said yeah, nine thirty huh. And then so I left the window open. I was like, all right, we'll see you soon. And like I thought you would have stayed awake because your alarm was going off in another ten minutes, like you were getting up in ten minutes. Anyway, I just thought I would gently wake you up. But you've just walked in now and said you've literally just woken up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So you know how people always say, oh, my alarm never went off, Like, my alarm never went off, and I'm going, no, you're sleeping through the alarm. Surely the alarm's going off and you've like slept through it, right. So I've never believed, oh the iPhone, it doesn't wake you up. Probably the alarms don't go off, blah blah blah. And there's a setting that you can turn off, like focus mode or something. I've got that to.
Speaker 3: Talk about that, I've.
Speaker 2: Got it off. I've got all the things off. My alarms always go off. I don't know what the bloody heck happened today. I had four set and none of them well when I woke up at ten past eleven, ten minutes have to check out.
Speaker 3: No, did you someone knock on the door and up?
Speaker 1: No, but they called, Oh thank god, so the housekeeper fucking walking.
Speaker 2: I know. That's that's that's not the reason I woke up. I woke up like naturally, and I was laying there and I was like, oh, my alarm must like be you know, seconds away from going on.
Speaker 3: Did you think it had been ten minutes since I've been two hours hours?
Speaker 2: So then I was laying there and I was just like thinking, oh God, I really like had such a big like like I feel like I've really had a really good sleep.
Speaker 3: But because if you're to be at.
Speaker 1: Two and you're waking up at eleven, like you're sleeping a really long time. I know, do you always sleep a really long time?
Speaker 2: If I don't haven't like, if I don't have an alarm, yeah, I can sleep for like twelve hours, fucking yeah. Like because I'll sit an alarm almost every day. Yeah, even on like weekends and stuff. I'll still set an alarm just like get myself up. But if I'm like this week's been a really big week and I need to just sleep, and I actually turn my phone on airplane and not set an alarm. I can sleep for fourteen hours. Holy ShW.
Speaker 1: So you've woken up and then you realize it's after eleven am.
Speaker 2: It's after eleven. I'm like shit, because I've got to be here at eleven forty five, but also check out. It was like eleven, I'm assuming yeah, and so I've like quickly rung downstairs, but it just rang out like it didn't they would obviously everyone was out, so because I needed because the car was in valet, so I needed them to get the car because it was at an awkward spot. Takes about fifteen minutes to get the car. So I'm like, shit, gotta get the car. They didn't answer. I go into the bathroom. I'm like quick shower, and then I'm like, no, I need the car because it's gonna take fifteen minutes. So then I run out naked to to pick up the phone to call them. I start calling them. Thank god it's cordless, because then there's a knock at the door housekeeping. I'm naked in the middle of the fucking hotel room with the phone in my hand, and I'm like run to the door to like hold it so that they can't open it and I'm like, just it's like, yeah, my bit loong.
Speaker 3: I'm just checking out.
Speaker 2: Now come back in ten minutes. I'm like, oh my god. The phone still doesn't answer. They must have been very busy downstairs. I put the phone down, I have the shower. I get out of the shower. I ring them again. They get the car. They say it's going to be five minutes. I'm like, cool, pack the bag, throw everything in. Also, I looked around the hotel room. God, we are grubs.
Speaker 3: I tried to put it all neatly this morning.
Speaker 1: I put all like empty water bottles in one little pile, and I was trying to be fucking mindful of the fuck you were sleep Well.
Speaker 2: I looked around and went the poor housekeeper, who has to deal with this shit.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: I've got actually something else I want to say. I know we speak about hotels so much on this podcast.
Speaker 2: We're in them a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah we are.
Speaker 1: And something happened yesterday. It wasn't anything bad, but it's just got me thinking. And again, all of you that work in hotels, I need to know what the protocol is around this, and it could vary from hotel to hotel. So yesterday, I so this weekend, I went and did a keynote speech on Saturday and Sunday. I've been here for like fucking five days. Anyway, came home from doing my keynote yesterday and it was the afternoon. Came into the room and housekeeping had been like the bed was all done, fresh towers, blah blah blah, and so I needed to go the toilet. I needed to go to the toilet, toilet, if you know what I mean. So in I went, and the hotel that we were staying in the bathroom was like two doors that opened like a wardrobe. So I like shut one and then like the other half was like kind of open. But like if you're on the toilet, you're not near the front door, no one can see you or anything.
Speaker 3: And so I go to the.
Speaker 1: Toilet and I start going and then there's like a like someone's.
Speaker 3: At the door, and then I'm like shit, like I'm in the middle of doing a number two.
Speaker 1: But I thought I was just gonna have to like yoink my pants up and just run to the fucking door, because like you can't wipe, like you don't have enough time.
Speaker 3: So like God, you know what I mean, are we back here again?
Speaker 4: I know?
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 1: I like go to stand up, and before I've even stood up, the housekeeping person has just flung the door open.
Speaker 2: Yeah did you say like hello?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like hello, and then like they could hear that I was in the bathroom, like oh sorry, shut the door, and then they just never came back. It must have been like the mini bar person or whatever. But I just want to know what is the rules surrounding how quickly a hotel worker will enter the room after they've knocked, because even if I was in the hotel room like near the bed, I wouldn't have had enough time to get to the door before they opened it. Like surely you knock and then wait a minute and then knock again and then you can assume no one's in there, then you can go in because like lucky, I was in the bathroom and like they couldn't see me or whatever. But if they're just knocking and opening straight away, like what if someone's having sex on the fucking floor right in front of the door, Like there was no time for me to do anything, And I just want to know, like what are the rules around that? Because to me, you shouldn't just knock and enter straight away. Who knows what people could be doing in there if you don't.
Speaker 2: So if you're inside, you do not disturb on the door.
Speaker 3: But I just didn't think, like I just walked back in, like I didn't think anyone would be come.
Speaker 2: You know, that was my biggest thing this morning, is do not disturb? Wasn't on the door, and I was like, why hasn't anyone just like walked in?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was really shocked.
Speaker 1: Fucked man, that would actually be so okay, scrollers, you need to let us know in the broadcast channel, we'll ask has anyone slept in badly enough at a hotel that you've opened your eyes and housekeepings in the room and you're still asleep? Because I don't think I could ever show my face at that hotel every again if that happened to me, because I'd be so embarrassed.
Speaker 3: Does someone is walking you're sleeping?
Speaker 2: God? Welfare check vibes. Anyway, I'm here, It's all good.
Speaker 3: You made it.
Speaker 2: I made it. And you know what the funniest thing is is I knew you would probably like bring this up on the podcast today, and I knew you'd like make out, like, oh my god, you sleep so long and your blah blah blah and all the rest of it. And I knew, I knew we'd get here. What do you mean, I knew we'd get here. So, Britney, what I wanted to bring to the podcast studio today is this little bag. I just wanted to say that I may be a sleeper in er, and I may have slept through my arms or whatever happened there this morning, but at least I'm organized.
Speaker 3: What have you got?
Speaker 2: Because did you want your entire toiletry bad?
Speaker 3: Did I leave that on the toilet with the seat down?
Speaker 2: Did you want did you want your belt? Oh? Yes? So I may sleep in, but at least I've got my shit organized because half your ship was left in that hotel room, and if it wasn't for me sleeping her, you wouldn't have got any of that back.
Speaker 1: Well, I did say when I was leaving, let me know if I've left anything, because the room was fucking pitch black.
Speaker 3: And I said, let me know if I've left anything there.
Speaker 2: You got bag, military bag and a belt, so you've got that.
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to give me a prize or something. Then my own stuff. Thank you so much. I'm glad you made it here on time.
Speaker 4: Please be upstanding for the royal flush.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do our royal flush of the week.
Speaker 3: What have you got that?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to be a bit narcissistic here because I think it's hilarious. But my royal flush is myself. Actually, yeah, not so much myself, but also the fact that like not me becoming a cultural phenomenon. Like seriously, at these Kyli Minogue shows, have you not seen the videos all over tiktop for you page yes of me yes at the Kylie concerts? Oh? These? My favorite one is from these two girls. What's this one's g Carroll? Oh my gosh, it's like POV. You're trying to spot alright, hey at the Kylie Minogue concert and then looking for me and they spot me down on the floor. There's another one that's like got over six hundred k views of me dancing in the bloody wedding dress with Kylie. Yes, blew up. This is what I'm saying. There's so many videos. Every time I get tagged in a video, I'm I feel sick because I'll tell you the story behind it. So when I was in Adelaide, that was my first front row show, so I was just having the tome of my life and Adelaide I was like, this is the one I'll get all the content out a front row and then I'll just like enjoy myself at the other front row shows, but I'll get all my videos in this one. And so in the Adelaide show, there's like a lot of footage of me where I didn't expect people to be filming me, and I'm like, just I'm letting loose. And there's also other like awkward bits where like I look like I'm just like sitting on my phone the whole time, when really I was like using that concept to like get all the all the footage so that I could enjoy myself at others. Like if you then see videos from the Melbourne concert, like that I'm in the background of I'm having the time of my life from start to finish and I don't hardly even touch my phone. And so after the Adelaide show, I was like, oh, this is so awkward, Like I didn't think that, like it just doesn't compute in my brain that we're at a kind ofn no concert and people are focused on filming me, and I'm like, that's not something I really even thought.
Speaker 1: I think I was also thinking, like I've never really been to con as you know, like I came to Taylor Swift with you, and I think because we're going to Kylie like this weekend coming, which is really exciting. But for some reason in my mind, like I didn't put two and two together or think that the Kylie like size is a lot smaller than like the Taylor Swift Ears tour, and so like this whole time, in my mind, I've been thinking it's going to be massive, like the Taylor Swift one, like you know, where you'd never spot someone because there's fucking that many people. But then when I started seeing all your content, I'm like, oh, it's way more intimate. Like if you're in the front row, everyone in the whole place can see you.
Speaker 3: Yes, so you're like so easy to spot.
Speaker 2: And you're lit up by the stage. And that's what.
Speaker 1: I hate as well, like the people around in the front row, like you're not really in the darkness of the show. You're like in the fucking spotlight. And so that's why I'm like, great, if people have been filmed, I mean you, because also you're wearing costumes that like stand the fuck.
Speaker 3: Out, and I know what.
Speaker 1: Color we are both wearing on Saturday night, Like we're just gonna stand out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: And then if people have been video on you, they're going to video ask.
Speaker 1: And then what I'm worried about is like I've seen the set list and like, I know probably half or more than half of the songs, but there are some that I don't know, And then what if there's one moment where I don't look very interested.
Speaker 2: That's just what stresses me.
Speaker 3: I'm just talking about I have to dance the whole time, so I.
Speaker 2: Felt like in Melbourne, I had to be on the whole time, just in case. And then of course after Melbourne there were so many videos and also in Melbourne things like m Rasciano she's got a lot of followers, Joel Creasy, he's got a lot of followers. So they were putting videos on their stories that you could see me in, and then people were sending me their stories being like, oh my gosh, like I can see you in this story. So it's like these people with heaps of followers are also posting and I just happened to be like in the.
Speaker 1: Background, I'm just like enjoy it. I've got to fucking stand up and dance the whole time.
Speaker 2: It's actually, you know what, we're actually maybe next week or maybe next next week's close, friends. I actually want to take you through like a full breakdown of the experience and everything you have to think about, and especially the sitting of the front row, because sitting front row is so much different than what I expected it to be. But I'll lead that till after the concerts because I've still got two more of them, so i want to give you a fully rounded experience on that. Okay, but yeah, I know it's narcissistic, but my royal flush is seeing myself all over the for you page and people also just like making videos as well, Like Gabby Whips made a video and was like, guys, is anyone just like having Kylie fomo because of all right, hey, and everyone's like yeah, so it's I don't know, it's nice to feel relevant, like and also at what cost, Yeah, that's exactly right. At what it's got to smile the whole night. But also that is my royal flush as well, because it's a little lazy of me, because I genuinely have not done anything except like my life has been like that Lady Gaga plane, bus club, another club, another club, you know, and literally like, is that.
Speaker 3: Her saying that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I didn't know that that is that Lady Garga saying that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, play the audio Hannah.
Speaker 5: No sleep, bus club, another club, another club, plane next place, no sleep, no fear, nobody believed in me.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that was Lady Garga. I've never put that together in my mind.
Speaker 2: I reckon, now that you hear it, it'll you'll be like, oh, of course, but yeah, it genuinely has been like wake up, start getting ready. You got a film to get ready with me? I usually go live on TikTok while I do my makeup, film to get ready with me, and then film the other bit of content. Do the photo shoot, edit the photo shoot, put up the photo shoot, put up the fit check, go to the concert, get home, edit the next day's video, which is to get ready with me, go to sleep, wake up, and do it all again. So I haven't really been on the internet, so I don't have a royal flush. So it's myself this week and now that's fair enough over to you.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, my Royal flush is just something wholesome that I've seen on TikTok in the last week, and I'm sure a lot of other people have seen this account as well. It's a guy named Cornelius and the username on TikTok is coorn dot Elias three three seven, and it's just it's just wholesome, you know. I feel like the internet can be so chaotic at times and full of drama.
Speaker 3: And there's just this.
Speaker 1: Young guy and he's doing a series where I think he's working up to do a half marathon, and he started this series where he's taking the amount of steps every day, which equates to the amount of followers he has, so like, I'll play you a little bit of his Like one of his videos today.
Speaker 4: Is day seven of taking a step outside for every follower we have. We're currently have three hundred and forty eight steps to do, so let's go get it done. This type of day is my favorite, and it was nice and cool, so the warp was great and I'm defferently in a better mood today. I also put some proper walking shoes on because it's actually becoming a.
Speaker 3: You get the idea.
Speaker 1: So he's filming himself like getting outside and going for walks, and he started it just based on how many followers he's had. Now that video was two days ago and he said he had three hundred and something followers.
Speaker 3: Now he's got thirteen thousand.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you've shut yourself in the foot there, bloody out thirteen thousand steps.
Speaker 1: So his videos are like starting to blow up because like everyone's getting behind him, like getting outside and getting his steps in and whatever. And so now he's got thirteen thousand followers, so he's got in his bio follower equals one step at ten k I'll do half a marathon. He's already fucking there, And I don't think he would have been expecting it to blow up as much as it has.
Speaker 2: But I just like it.
Speaker 1: It's positive that's been showing up on my four year page. It's someone getting out there, getting their steps in and growing a little following, and everyone's cheering him along cam and.
Speaker 3: I just love that.
Speaker 2: So thirteen thousand steps from memory. When I used to be in my walking era and walking every single day, about seven and a half kilometers were about ten thousand steps for me I think, yeah, so because I try and do my ten thousand steps in my walk and then so seven and a half kilometers, So if it's thirteen that's probably he's probably walking ten kilometers at this rate. So if he doubles that, he's got to walk twenty kilometers. Bloody hell, the poor bloody thing, I know.
Speaker 3: And how far is this going to go?
Speaker 2: You might have to get a walking pad. And just because because imagine he gets a hundred thousand followers, you can't walk really far. You can't do one hundred. I mean I've gone to Disneyland and only done forty thousand steps, you know what I mean. So it's like that's a lot of steps.
Speaker 3: Well, anyway, good on your Cornelius.
Speaker 2: Yep, I reckon.
Speaker 1: He never thought he'd get I think his goal was obviously to get to ten thousand followers. Now he's at thirteen thousand, and it's going up rapidly.
Speaker 2: Range that bio to one million followers. Half marathon.
Speaker 3: Yes, he needs to. But that's been my little positive royal flush.
Speaker 2: Oh that's nice. I do love that.
Speaker 1: Well, Matt, Well, actually it was a while ago that I made this little discovery and I thought I could ask you today if you knew this because I asked it to April.
Speaker 3: The other day when we were at the hotel on Friday and she didn't know. Okay, and surely everyone knows, but.
Speaker 2: It's not much I don't know, so let's hit me.
Speaker 1: I will admit I didn't make the correlation either, like not that long ago.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: You know when you.
Speaker 1: Order a cheeseboard, charcuterie, whatever, huh, presudo, that's always my go to, Like I'll always pick that before the salami or anything.
Speaker 3: Do you know that presudo is ham?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, because for the longest time, I'll be interested again if any of the scrollers.
Speaker 2: What animal do you think presudo? Come up?
Speaker 1: I just didn't make the correlation that it was a pig. I just thought it was its own kind of meat.
Speaker 2: But where does meat come from? Yeah?
Speaker 3: But I don't. I don't. I didn't ever think, like what kind of meat is this?
Speaker 1: And because it's kind of like it's obviously not raw, but because it's so thin, it feels kind of raw. Like I never put two and two together in my head that it's pork.
Speaker 2: It's never felt raw to me.
Speaker 1: But do you know what I mean because it's so thin and see through, like it kind of feels.
Speaker 2: Raw and it looks cooked though to me, like you know what I mean, No, I don't I feel raw to me at all in the day.
Speaker 1: Because it was ages ago that I kind of went, wait, this is fucking pork. Like I just saw it as preshudo, Like I just I never thought which animal is this?
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, Like I just saw it as a meat. I don't know.
Speaker 1: And so I said to April on Friday, we got to the hotel and we ordered one, and I said, do you know the presudo is hair like pork? She goes, are you fucking serious? And I'm like yeah, she goes, I hate pork, like hates pork, but was scoffing down prostudo, and she was the same. She just never considered, like what kind of meat it is.
Speaker 3: And I'm the same, like, I just see it as like meat and cheese. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's not like I was thinking it was steak or anything like that. I just never like thought, what kind of animal is this?
Speaker 2: It's just prosudo, Okay, so what's where salami come from? Then I think that's a whole bunch put together.
Speaker 3: Scraps, and in a lot of the time it's horse No, are you kidding?
Speaker 1: Like the ice seed, I always go for the prosudo because it's just like its own thing, whereas like the salamis and all that, it looks like all like spicy.
Speaker 2: You never know what spice level you get.
Speaker 1: Salami is a cubed sausage made from fermented and air dried meat. It's typically made from pork, but also can be made from beef, lamb Dark Venean or Amazon invention invention. Well, actually, speaking of food, I do I did see something else, matt On.
Speaker 3: I think I was head on Instagram.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I pronounced fennis and right either. I just that's just how it's written.
Speaker 1: I saw another like trend yeah on, I think it was Instagram. I think it's in my liked things. And I thought that I could put this question to you and us, okay, and disclaimer. I don't know if I need to do a disclaimer with this, But the girl in the video was saying, like, what's the fattest thing that you've ever done? Okay, but I don't want anyone to think what exists? No, And she was talking about like what's the fattest thing that you've ever done when it comes to like eating food or right.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure you're trying to be PC because you know, Brittany doesn't want to be canceled, whereas I'm like, fuck, just stay with your full chairs. But I get it, so you're like, it's probably not politically correct I've.
Speaker 1: Ever done when it comes to food. But I just want to say, like I want to, I want us to talk about like the fattest thing we've ever done. But please don't take it the wrong way and think that I'm like food shaming or.
Speaker 3: Fat shaming or anything like that. Yeah, okay, I just want to put that out there and I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Fat my whole life, and I've given you permission, so okay.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: So this video went viral and there were thousands of comments of all like the hilarious things that people have done.
Speaker 2: Do you have any examples?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, how about we'll say ours and then I'll go and find that video.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, what's the fattest thing you've ever done?
Speaker 1: I think mine would be when I've like had something like, let's say, for some reason, I've had like a whole cake in the house for whatever reason. And then you know, you eat a bit and then you eat more. But then in my mind, I'm like, I shouldn't eat this whole fucking cake. And then like and I can't remember a specific moment where this happened, but it's definitely happened, like at some point in my life.
Speaker 3: Or I had like a large something.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like a huge potato bake or whatever, and then I'm eating a lot of it, and I'm like, I'm gonna eat this whole fucking thing. I don't want to eat this whole thing, so I've put it in the bin and then got it back out of the bin like later, or like even just like a bag of like a massive bag of chocolates, and like I've eaten most of it and then I put the rest of the bin.
Speaker 3: But then you go and get it out of the bin and eat it out of the bin.
Speaker 2: Have you ever done that, eaten something out of the bin. No, because there's usually nothing left to put in the bin.
Speaker 3: See, that's my thing.
Speaker 1: It's like, no, I don't want to have this whole bag of fucking Maltesers. And then I leave just a few in the bottom. I'm like, I'm done with that, and then I'll go back a couple of hours later and get it out of the bin.
Speaker 2: No, I see, I eat all the maltesers or if there's still something in the back at it doesn't go in the bin, it goes in the fridge because I know I'm going to go back to it later.
Speaker 1: True, I think that this would have been like when I was really young and just now.
Speaker 3: I would eat all the maltesees. But back then I'm like, no, I'm trying to get gold. I can't fucking I can't eat it all.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I've got this trend correct. Why well, I think it's just different. Like the girl who put up this I need a Find video, was she like conventionally skinny?
Speaker 3: I don't know, let me see, because I feel like.
Speaker 2: As an actual fat person, like the fattest thing I've ever done is like not that exciting or not that random or not that interesting, because it's like that's my life, Like do you know what I mean? The fattest thing I've ever done is get food out of the bin. I'm like, babe, my food doesn't go in the bin until it's done, you know what I mean. So it's like a little hard for me to think of an example that's like, oh, the fattest thing I've ever done, because like because the first thing that came to mind is basically, let me tell your story. Right, there's on the Central Coast. We've spoken before about Mingara, Mingara on the Central Coast. Cheer to Mingara. You know that went? Did I talk about that on the podcast? I went to the Krlimino Robbie Williams night there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And for anyone that does know what Mingaa is, can you explain?
Speaker 2: Mingara is like an RSSEL club, but they'd hate to be called an RSL club. It's like a leisure center. Think that would be like a nicer way to put it. They've got a gym and a pool and it's where we go for swimming carnivals. Where it's where we go for athletics carnivals. Britney's first ever photo shoot for Form was done on the on the racetrack at the athletics. You know, oval they've got Pokey's. They've got like an event center or like a showroom where you know they do like concerts, Like I could, I could do a stand up comedy show there. They've got restaurants, they've got a bar, they've.
Speaker 1: Got I'm trying to find my oh wait, sorry, just to interrup I'm trying to find my likes. But I swear I either liked or saved this girl's body thing because I.
Speaker 3: Want to see it, but now it's nowhere.
Speaker 2: Anyway, continue Matt, oh, and I know that sounds like a sounds like we're doing an ad for Bloody Minga at the moment. I do love it though they've just opened a new hotel there as well. Anyway, I love Mingara, and Minara has this thing next to it which has a whole heap of fast food chains, right, and my my friend and I called it Mingara food Court because you know, you go to all Westfield and there's a food court and it's all around. So how it's like laid out, Just to paint a picture for you, is the car park's kind of in the middle, and all the cars park in the middle, and then around the car park you've got McDonald's, Hungry Jack's KFC. Yeah, just over the big roundabout.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, like on the street.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you've got McDonald's Hungry Jack's, KFC, Subway and Domino's. At least I don't know what's going on there at the moment, but back in the day, that's what it was. And so my friend and I used to call it Mingara Food Court is what we'd call it because if we want no but if we were hanging out we wanted dinner or something, we'd go, oh, do you want to go to like Juyan, which is like a Vietnamese restaurant that we loved, Like do you want to go to Juyan? Or will we just go to Mingara Food Court because like Mnara Food Course, like the easy option. We'll just go there, get Hungry Jack's, KC whatever. Anyway, but when you've said what's the fattest thing you've ever done? My mind goes to one night my friend and I went to Miingara Food Court and dined at every single restaurant in the food court at one time. Like we were like, I would do that.
Speaker 6: Well, we may as well get a meal from at Donald's, a meal from Hungry Jacks, We'll get some chicken from KFC, We'll get some subway cookies, and how about just to chop it off a lava cake from Domino's and like we just had food.
Speaker 2: From five different fast food restaurants sitting on the dashboard of the car, just having a fucking buffer.
Speaker 1: I love that I've done that before, Like AJ and I have done that when we're really hungover. Like I'm sure everyone's done it, and you like wake up and then you get KFC at ten am because that's when it opens, and then you get like something else in the arbow, and.
Speaker 2: Then Domino's for dinner. Yeah, and then you do.
Speaker 3: Like three takeaway meals in the whole day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm all for. There was one time that I also was at like a birthday dinner and they had an ice cream and see this is going back to like the days when all my friends, you know, it was a different time and everyone cared about, you know, being skinny and all the rest of it. And we were out to dinner and they got the cake and I forget what cake it was, but it was fucking gorgeous, gorgeous cake. And then the girls were like, okay, girls, like that's enough. That's not I'm not friends with any of these people anymore. By the way, I don't know. I hope they're well, but I hope they've gotten over this. But they were like, all right, we've all had a little bit of cake. That's enough. And then they sprinkled it with like salt and pepper and whatever condiments were on the table to be like that's enough. We're not eating any more. Girls. I'm like salt and pepper all over the whole bloody thing, and about five minutes like fuck it. I more a spoonful of the cake and it just takes to like salt like salty ice cream with like pepper through it, and it was disgusting.
Speaker 3: But I was like, no, I'm not gonna let it go to wait.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not. We don't waste anything. If you sh my god, I'm sorry. Love your ads. I think what you're doing is amazing.
Speaker 3: But she turns like stuff into other stuff.
Speaker 2: Fuck it off on a sleigh. I'm not kidding. I'll watch those videos and I go, I'm not eating crusty, crumbly toasted rust. It's like if you haven't seen it, And God love her. I love her. I love watching her content and I still watch every video and I piss myself every time because I think it's genius. She's like, we don't waste anything. And basically, if her kids have like eaten a piece of toast, but maybe they've left all the crusts something, she turn the crusts into something else, like a little She'll cut up the crust, put it in the air fry with a bit of maybe cinnamon, sugar and things, and then you've got like cinnamon bites, right, And then the kids end up eating the bread as cinnamon bites and they think it's a whole new meal or whatever. Or sometimes she makes it into she makes stuff into like granolas and cereal tops and stuff. I think it's fucking genius. It could never be made, like I watch those videos and I go, I'll just throw it in the behind.
Speaker 3: But I love the concept of like not wasting your food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, I can only imagine that when you have kids like you would have so much food waste.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I feel like we maybe spoke about this on the.
Speaker 1: Pod before, But I'm actually appalled at my younger self because I so vividly remember getting to school, opening my lunch box, seeing that my mum had made me, you know, a peanut butter sandwich, this that and the other, and me going, eh, yuck, I don't want that, and I would go and just tip.
Speaker 3: It in the bin.
Speaker 1: And I can't believe it because if someone now, as a thirty two year old girl almost was making me a sandwich every day and packing it for me, I would be eternally grateful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I would love someone.
Speaker 3: To make me a peanut but a sandwich. The wise kids were like yuck, And I threw it in the bin.
Speaker 2: Also, you were so dumb. I was swapping it. I went, who wants peanut but a sandwich? We'll take noodles. Thank you.
Speaker 1: You did a bit of that, or I just like leave it in the bottom of my bag and then it would go rotten.
Speaker 3: H yeah, and then you'd get yelled out like a week later.
Speaker 2: Mine was always I'd always come home from school with the fruit still in the bag, mashy banana in the lunch box. Yeah, you don't your fruit. Remember in school when they entry juice fruit break and at like ten ten am, everyone had to go and get a piece of fruit from their bag and eat a piece of fruit. That's dystopian to me.
Speaker 3: What fruit is fucking young?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it depends. I love watermelon on.
Speaker 3: Me too, I love all fruit.
Speaker 1: There's no mango, banana, orange, manrene, apple, pear.
Speaker 3: I will eat any.
Speaker 2: Fruit all five you just named. Fuck them off.
Speaker 3: Berries. I love berries.
Speaker 2: That there worst. Strawberries are the worst, the worst fruit. So let's ask the people what is the worst fruit, because I'm sure everyone's gonna say strawberries.
Speaker 1: No, worst fruit is like papaya.
Speaker 2: Oh fuck, I love that shit?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding? It tastes like nothing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, obsessed dragon fruit.
Speaker 3: Yuh, it tastes like and it's gross.
Speaker 2: Tastes like nothing. Yeah, you go a shit dragon fruit.
Speaker 3: Then it tastes like nothing.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's like a Starburst lolly. No, yes it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, we've got the worst taste buds ever.
Speaker 3: Worse fruit watermelon?
Speaker 2: Why tell the story right now? Go Google girl, want the story please? Watermelon trauma.
Speaker 7: My watermelon trauma is. I went to boarding school. Everyone don't judge me, but they fed us watermelon every recess for like a year straight, and it was like, you know, that cloudy, cloudy watermelon. That's like disgusting.
Speaker 3: Watermelon's got to be good.
Speaker 7: This was in Armadale, where it's freezing cold, so I'd be shivering there eating my like cloudy musky watermelon, and it got to a point where the students had to do a petition for us not to get watermelon anymore. And then one of the girls whose parents owned a bakery came on board, and then we got like donuts and Leamington's and like all this shit for recess instead, and the watermelons were But I still to this day trauma.
Speaker 3: See well, when I was little.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna hold your hand when I say this. There are people dying.
Speaker 3: No, I have to say that, trauma.
Speaker 2: I thought you were gonna say you got hit in the head with a watermelon. At one point, school to a watermelon at you. You choked on a watermelon and was in nice see you for a week, Like that's watermelon drama. I mean before sped watermelon for a year. I mean, come on, love.
Speaker 1: I have to say, when we were kids, if we got watermelon or mangoes, it was like a special tree. Like if if mum had bought a watermelon, like she'd gone all out and she would cut it up in the triangles and we'd sit there with our big peas Like to me, watermelon is almost like a fancy fruit, right yeah, And same with mangoes, like it was a special tree.
Speaker 2: Mangoes were definitely a special tree.
Speaker 3: Same for us.
Speaker 2: Mom loved a watermelon and especially in summer. Yeah, she also like to rock melon, though hate rock melons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love rock melon. Nah, can't really do honey drew melon.
Speaker 1: That tastes like nothing to me. And I hate when you're oh, okay, the rant is continuing. This is Matt's random the week, but it's me when you go somewhere and for whatever reason, you order a fruit salad or like you're grabbing something to go, and it is fucking It is fucking rock.
Speaker 3: Melon, honey jew melon, and orange. You know when it's those three basic fucking fruits.
Speaker 2: I've never ordered a fruit salad anywhere in my.
Speaker 1: Wad, Like you know, when you're in a servo and you just like grab one, but the whole thing is rock melon, honey drew melon with orange on the top and maybe one slice of strawberry and one bit of watermelon.
Speaker 3: I hate when people do that.
Speaker 1: If you're going to serve a fruit salad, put good fucking fruits in it and the tiniest bit of rock melon and honey drew melon, and keep orange out of it. Oranges not belonging to fruit salad. It's weird and it goes all over everything.
Speaker 2: Throws everything off. It does like the pH balance of the fruit salad.
Speaker 3: And I don't want lie banana covered in orange juice general.
Speaker 2: That's why I've got a fruit salad in general, because it's just like a fucking sensory overload. Like I'm like all the different textures, flavors, sliminess. But I can't think.
Speaker 1: Of anything belong in a fruit salad either. But then if you do bananas with berries, young see, I.
Speaker 2: Don't even like fruit with desserts as well. Like a pavlover, give me the pavlov Fuck all the.
Speaker 3: Passion fruit tie.
Speaker 1: I'm passionate about passion fruits and passion fruit cocktails.
Speaker 2: I love passion fruit. I love passion or lemon tar, but get it off my pavlova lemon.
Speaker 3: What about lemon?
Speaker 2: No, I've never really liked lemon, although recently Okay, So this is crazy of me. So I I feel that as you get older, your taste buds change. So I remember long story short. Back in the day, I worked as a barista and I hated coffee, which I think now these days it's like not a good sign if you're a barista but you hate coffee, Like, how do you know if you're making a good coffee?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: But thankfully I was. I always got like the most compliments something my work, Like everyone was like, this is beautiful, it's perfect, and I'm like, yes, I know what I'm doing. It's not rocket science. But I never liked coffee. And then on my twenty first birthday, I had, literally, like the day before, tried to drink coffee and was like, nah, yuck. Absolutely not twenty first birthday. I was like, you know what, I feel like, I feel like a mocker. Everyone's Gateway coffee and I got one and I was like, this is delicious. And then from then on I've loved coffee. Right, same thing with lemon thirtieth birthday, So before then, hate lemon, Get it away from me. If we get like fish and chips vibes and you want to squeeze to fucking lemon all over, oh you can get right fuck right off. I hate you. So I would have to like portion myself my thing for everyone put the lemon all over it. Well, not that long ago, we got salt and pepper squid, and before I could say anything. The person I was with had put the lemon, which, granted I think it was my only my second time ever like hanging out with this person, so they didn't know that my lemon, about my lemon restraint. They just went for the lemon all over the fucking salt pepper squid, and I was like, oh, fuck my life, this is gonna ruin my day because all that salt and pepper squid. It's gonna fuck me off. That is that's just so fucking annoying. And again it was like the second time hanging out. I'm just trying, only getting to know this person. He's a new friend. I'm like, you know, I'm not gonna be like, fuck, you fucked up my day, mate, but yeah, have so I just sat in silence and went, let me just deal with it, picked up a piece, put it in my mouth, and went, holy fucking shit, that has really elevated that fly.
Speaker 3: Actually, lemon is yarmer.
Speaker 1: I even love just doing like a we're going real fucking off the topic here, but like when you do a pearl couscouse.
Speaker 3: Palamn, like I've never done that in my laughing pearl really delicious.
Speaker 1: You cook up the pearl couscous and then you can put like chicken, some feaa, some spinach, and then lemon drizzled all over the top.
Speaker 3: Delicious like a fresh summary, yummy salad.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: So love lemon same, I'm.
Speaker 2: On board with lemon now. So all I want now, actually, what are you doing after this? I want salt pepper squid drenched in lemon. Oh yeah, we're right next to the fish mark and we can get fresh salt and pepper squid. Yeah, and drench the lemon.
Speaker 1: By the way, can we just stay on this topic for a little bit longer because we were at a hotel yesterday and you hate seafood, yeah, but you like salt and pepper squid.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So we've been through this before, so I don't like. So I can have tuna from a can.
Speaker 3: See, that's like the worst seafood at all.
Speaker 2: No, it's delicious, but yeah, tuna in a can, but it has to be the one in olive oil. But then I couldn't do tuna by itself, you know, like when you say tuna in a restaurant, like tuna in a can very different from tuna in a restaurant.
Speaker 3: See to me, tuna in a can is cat food?
Speaker 2: Wow? Yeah, I fucking love it. I can do salt pepper squared.
Speaker 3: And calamari because it's deep fried.
Speaker 2: I can't do fish fish like a fish cocktail. Get it away from me.
Speaker 1: Well, yesterday we had a lobster roll and I'm like, oh, ym, lobster roll when we're looking at the menu and you're like, oh, yeah, I'll get one of those two.
Speaker 3: And then we were waiting and then I'm like, mad, don't you hate seafood?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're like yeah, but lobster is different. It's crustacean, but it's like a prawn, right, It's like a big fat prawn.
Speaker 3: Really, we got it.
Speaker 2: We got it. It was very fishy and I didn't.
Speaker 3: Enjoy it, but I was like, this is salmonilla.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it did feel like it was going to give me salmonella. It was giving that fishy kind of like I went, this is not right. But because I got a lobster roll at Rickshaw's up in Burley, Yeah, oh gorgeous. I think they're like thirty dollars each us. It's absolutely ludicrous, but it's so delicious that I was like expecting that, and I think I got not what I was expecting. But yeah, I could do lobster, I could do crab. It's just a fish like a barramundi on the menu. Get it away from me. Any any safite like the raw fish, any raw fish, absolutely not on any sushi, absolutely not. Yeah, anything that is I know tune is so fishy, isn't it. So that's the one exception. But anything fishy, like the fishiness is what I go, What the fuck? And then when you think about it, why the fuck are we eating shit from the ocean? Yeah, that can't be good for us.
Speaker 1: When I was talking about prawns at Christmas time on my story, one girl dm me and it made so much sense. She's like, do we eat any of us actually even like prawns or have we just been conditioned to like prawns? Because, like, when you actually think about it, what they are and how they're just from the ocean, they just taste like ocean, fucking water and sand and.
Speaker 2: To see, see, because prawns taste like nothing to me. Really, they taste like nothing. You gotta put it with a sauce to get a taste. Right.
Speaker 3: To me, it tastes like the ocean.
Speaker 2: Oh you're losing me. You know, you'll tell me off prawns as well.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Look, anyway, I saw that trend and I thought it would be funny, and I haven't even read any comments. Now I can't find the fucking video. But it was on Instagram and I swear I liked or saved it, but apparently not. But I just like searched it on TikTok. And there's heaps of people that have done this trend, like Christian Hull did it as well. But do you want me to read out any of these? I ate an entire pound of cheese while driving, ripped the package open with my teeth and just.
Speaker 3: Took bites out of the block until it was gone.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that sounds like a dream.
Speaker 1: When I was little, I used to love because you always have the tasty block in the fridge, and I go, can I just have a hunk of cheese like that was my thing? Then you just get a hung la. I love cheese same like. I mean, I've purchased a whole birthday cake from somewhere and had them right Happy Birthday on it like it was for a party.
Speaker 3: I ate the whole thing to myself.
Speaker 2: Ah, but also Why do you need them to write that on there? Like if you just went in and bought the cake, they are not going to think this person who's taking it home to eat the whole thing. They're gonna think that you just bought a cake for a birthday party.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I go to the Dollar Shop and buy a lot of snacks and then I buy a birthday card, so it looks like I'm going to a party.
Speaker 2: You know, that's kind of smart because you always need a birthday card.
Speaker 3: So true.
Speaker 1: My mum would order two in and out burgers, one with tomato and one without, so it seemed like she was getting it for someone else.
Speaker 3: How could I just build a boat?
Speaker 2: This is the thing, This is what I'm saying about this trend is all these people are doing these things out of the fear that like, but for me, like I would just go to the dollar Store and if I wanted, if I wanted ten bags of lollies for myself, I would go to the Dollar Store and I would buy them and not buy the card like if I like I have. There's been many times I've been to the cheesecake shop and just got a whole cheesecake for myself, not to eat in one sitting. But I mean, I don't go, Oh, they're gonna think this is all for me. It is all for me. I haven't had to know that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: People have beers around that like a judgment of food and eating.
Speaker 2: Well, this is what I mean. I can't relate or understand because to me, I'm like, that's these are normal things I do in life.
Speaker 1: This is what I ordered so much macas once, put the bag on my seat and set off to put seat belt on alarm because.
Speaker 3: I thought it was an actual food.
Speaker 2: Before.
Speaker 3: But not with food, I think that we're shopping or whatever.
Speaker 2: That's like the way to do the trend. See other things like ordering one with tomato and one with that. I just order the way I want And I couldn't give a shit how And it's funny, though, it is really funny that we we only have those thoughts when it is for us. For example, I went to case after I moved in with When I moved into my house, Yeah, all my family came over and helped me us move and unpack and all the rest of it. And we're cleaning things and whatever. So I went, all right, I'm going to get dinner whatever. Everyone on Everyone was like happy with KFC. I went to KFC and ordered like one hundred dollars worth of food for everybody. Not once did it cross my mind that the workers ever would have been like, ah, he's probably eating all of this to himself. But if I was to order thirty dollars worth of food or maybe forty dollars worth of food and it was for myself, I'd be like maybe I'd be conscious about that, not me, but maybe like you would be. But what I'm trying to say is like, if you're like someone who's like, oh my god, I got two meals and they're going to think it's all for me, There's been plenty of times they're like, like yesterday I went and got two meals, one for me and one for Toby because he was hungover at home and so I was getting him food on the way there. I didn't think they're going to think this is all for me. I think it's just But if I got to your meals for myself, I feel like I would think.
Speaker 3: That, Yeah, I don't know, Yeah, it makes sense to me.
Speaker 1: And to be honest, like if people fucking judge you, like who fucking cares.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I've gone to like Cohle's or Aldi or.
Speaker 1: Wherever, and I think when like the groceries are going through the conveyor, but like, are they judging everything that I'm buying right now?
Speaker 3: Surely they do, but also who fucking cares?
Speaker 2: But also I think they see so many groceries per day they don't care. I don't care either. And you know what, Sailah fucking v do. Let's wrap this shit up because I'm over it. Okay, I've got to go back to bed.
Speaker 1: You do well, do all the things as always, people like, subscribe, comment, share. Oh and that's another episode done and dusted.
Speaker 2: It's been a few weeks since we've been here. I'm excited to be back next week again.
Speaker 1: And next week we will have been to Kylie to get up.
Speaker 3: So we'll give you all an update. Maybe I'm close friends or something about that.
Speaker 2: We'll see you. We'll see all right. Anyway, better let you go. I've got to go to therapy for my watermelon trauma.