Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome back to the Mass Funny Podcast with me Joshua Fox. I hope you're all having a very lovely weekend, because I'm having a rather unexpected one, which started with an encounter with Jackie and Clint in Sydney airport this morning. So as I woke up, I got a phone call from a paparazzi friend and he told me Jackie and Clin or on the way to Sydney, and he gave me their flight details, which I assume he got from either Jackie or Clint so they could get papped when they arrive. So off I went to say gooday and ask a few questions. And I suppose the main reason I went is firstly, I haven't actually met I've read these two yet, and secondly, there's just been so much stuff in the media over the last week or so, with Jackie and Ryan's drama escalating to the courts now and Jackie being caught out for various remarks he's made about women online. I suppose I just wanted to ask her about all this directly, and I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: It got pretty awkward now.
Speaker 1: Things started off well, you know, I kept it light and fun as they landed and stepped into the terminal. Welcome to this innty guys, who wants to take the microphone?
Speaker 2: Why are you're in bars? Jacks? Sorry? It was so peaceful and oh you're in sitting out. It's whole different game.
Speaker 1: Now I've got to ask you one thing though, Jackie said on TikTok she's richer than yous.
Speaker 2: This's true? No comment, no comment? Can we get the back statements out? What would you? Sorry? You lost me with the accident.
Speaker 1: Do you need to borrow some money?
Speaker 2: Josh? Yes? Please? Well I was surprised you too. Are you shouting goodness tonight? You two? Flame Jetstar? It doesn't really go with the brand representing on the show, does it. We flew from Lotty. It was fine.
Speaker 1: It wasn't long enough to get any bottle service, so we just wanted to get here.
Speaker 2: Then.
Speaker 1: You know, once we've established a bit of a friendly back and forth, it was time to move towards more newsworthy things of late. And Jackie, you've been getting a bit of flak lately for comments of making towards women.
Speaker 2: He wastro apologize comments woman I made commines towards my ex No, you said something about your card women's sluts. No I didn't. On a TikTok live she did.
Speaker 1: I've got the video for anyone confused. This is the video I'm referring to, by the way of Clint and Jackie are on TikTok Live recently, where Jackie did indeed refer to women as sluts. Where is Ryan? He's probably in camp, He's probably Then after that, it just got awkward, like Jackie was staring at me, not saying anything. Clint was holding my mic, unsure what to say. People were looking at us, and bear in mind, we're still walking through the terminal, and I'm just awkwardly like laughing. It was so awkward, and it felt like Jackie was just staring into my soul. Jackie, it's a video out there. Oh this is scary enough. Are you gonna sign? I'm gonna take the mic back if you want. Clint, that's a great interview there, Thank you very much. Then, as Jackie and Clint proceeded to collect their bags, the other paparazzi and Ali from dyea mail arrived and the awkwardness faded a little bit as everyone chatted. Then I got my microphone back out because I wanted to ask Jackie about the av oh she's taken out against Ryan and the one he's now applied to have taken out against her, because she's posting quite relentlessly about this on social media. And I'll be fully honest with you guys, I'm confused by the whole situation. Now before I play the audio, here's just a bit of background to everything. So all season long, as we know, Jackie has been going rogan social media, saying Channel nine won't silence her, and she's been sharing her side to everything, which personally I've kind of loved, Like I generally think good on any cast member for not allowing the network to prevent them from defending their character or speaking out.
Speaker 2: So yeah, as I said, good on Jackie, and I.
Speaker 1: Have enjoyed watching her on TV, Like we all have to admit, she has been entertainment. Back to social media now though, and with Jackie's rogue posts, she's obviously spoken about Ryan a fairbit and she has made several accusations and remas against him, and he's then responded defending himself and then making his own claims about Jackie and again to be honest with you, it's been relentless. Like to me and many other fans of the show, that endless back and forth has been impossible to keep up with. And then Jackie having an apprehended violence sort of taken out against Ryan last week and him then applying to have one taken out against her in response, it really is hard to know, like is this real or is this a continuation of there?
Speaker 2: He said?
Speaker 1: She said, point scoring that's been playing out on their instagrams and TikTok pages all season long now, because that's genuinely what a lot of people think it is, and a lot of people also think this is potentially just a massive misuse of court resources, and this confusion about what's real and what's just the extreme escalation of the social media back and forth wasn't helped by the fact that their initial report by The Canberra Times, who were present in court when Jackie took out her AVO, quote her as asking magistrate and miscure if the restraint order application could be served via social media. The magistrate is then quoted as responding saying, no, using social media to serve restraint orders is completely inappropriate. Yet despite that, a sorts close to Jackie since claimed that she never said that in court and that her words have been misreported there and that she wasn't asking for this to be served on social media, again, which just adds to the overall confusion of this whole thing. So this is why I generally felt it was important of me, before ever reporting on the AVOs to ask Jackie if she took the order out because she genuinely fears for her safety or was it just so she could post about it on social media and keep the drama going. And this is what Jackie said to me in the airport. Did you genuine fair for your safety with him?
Speaker 2: I am scared? Yeah, I yes, Okay, so that's valid.
Speaker 1: That's been taken out. So just I am happy to comment that there's a lot of fake news out there, and he does have a smear campaign out against me and is sharing lies and accusing me of false accusations. So, again, just for full transparency here, I felt I couldn't report on this responsibly given how much of a pantomime the Jackie and Ryan back and forth has become without asking that question, And for journalistic fairness and balance here, it's also worth noting that Ryan denies all claims by Jackie, and the avia that he's since applied to have taken out against her is still pending and it won't be mentioned in court again until April twenty third. And this has been misreported a lot in the press lately, with articles stating that Jackie has already been served with this, which she hasn't. These things actually take weeks to happen, and as I just said, a decision on the one Ryan has applied to take out won't be made until April twenty third. And lastly, I suppose I just want to say avios are actually very serious and they really do save lives, which is why I've I've seen so many people feeling a little uneasy about how something this series has seemingly been trivialized as part of you know, reality TV drama. That's how I have felt until I did ask Jackie, and that again is why I didn't want to report on this until I could clarify with her myself.
Speaker 2: Anyway, that's all I've got for you today.
Speaker 1: There will be a lot more content on my socials throughout the day because thirteen cast members have flown into Sydney for a second reunion to sit down and watch the original reunion, which was filmed many months ago now, and guess what, guys, I'm going to be there. I'm going to be amongst these people watching them watch themselves, and I think it's going to be wild. So shout out to Daily Mail for organizing all of that. All the drama is going to be on their website that articles constantly dropping, and I'm excited