Speaker 1: On scorids Australia.
Speaker 2: This is the Reader Panalty Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the Reader Panety Show. Coming up tonight. Tax revenue and jobs under threat as mining and gas executives warn the Albanesi government that red, black and green tape are jeopardizing investment in the sector. Professor I Plymer will join me shortly to discuss that crucial issue. Elon Musk and X have a big win against the Safety Commissioner in the Federal Court. Australia's Jewish community speaks out against the Albanesi government's betrayal at the UN. Doctor Colin Rubinstein joins me later in the hour, and why is Prince Harry reportedly crying Kinsey's schofield with the latest celebrity and royal news and talking about left is losing it? Tonight we feature a Eurovision extravaganza, including this little communist doom goblin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to show that I think it is outrageous and inexcusable for Eurovision to let Israel participates while committing a genocide.
Speaker 3: Let's bring in Sky News contributor Pro McSwain. Prout's starting to see Greta so effortlessly go from science expert to Middle East expert while wagging years of school. She really is quite an impressive young woman.
Speaker 4: She just sort of comes out of the woodwork and lay's claim to know everything about everything, when in fact she's totally unemployable, she's got questionable intelligence, and she's just she is a goblin. She's a bloody public nuisance.
Speaker 3: Absolutely well, you know what. I would ignore her input, except she has such a profound influence on young people, and we've seen so many young people suffering from things called climate anxiety. Now people are in treatment. I've spoken to psychologists on this program who are dealing with these traumatized kids who've been convinced by the likes of Greta that the world's ending and they have no future and that they're experiencing all this trauma unnecessarily. So we do have to pay attention to what she's up to. But let's talk about a significant win today for Elon Musk and X at the Federal Court where a temporary order by Australia's East Safety Commissioner Julie mon Grant to block Australians from viewing footage of the alleged terrorist stabbing attack of Sydney Bishop mar Mari Emmanuel that has now been refused through this request from the ET Safety Commissioner wasn't just blocking Australians. This was wanting the footage to have be banned globally at takedown order with global implications, which is absurd. The power trip this woman must be on. Barrister Brett Walker, representing X, told the court that the reasons supplied by these Safety Commissioner to support this takedown order looked informal under the Administrative Appeals Tribunal Act, and he also said there are strong reasons to doubt the validity of the notice. This is again it shocks me that so many in the media are enthusiastically supporting what amounts to censorship here.
Speaker 4: Well, this is the problem. It's a huge play by this government we're seeing in South Australia as well where they want to control everything we see, read and hear. And I am so glad that this judge has knocked this out of the park. This woman, Julian mcgrant, has vendetta as we know against Twitter, which is was a former employer, and the fact that she was going to try and impose her views on the world and that's what it would would have happened, as the judge said, was totally insane.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, And as Elon Musk himself pointed out a couple of weeks ago, you could have any government anywhere in the world have a similar order requesting footage to be taken down, and every country would have to abide by it. If if this set some sort of a precedent, I mean, that's just madness. And we should also point out, as it was pointed out in court, that the alleged victim in all this, the Bishop Emmanuel, doesn't want this footage to be banned from social media or from X so that was also something that was mentioned in court. Throu South Australian Premier Peter Malanascus has announced his government is examining a ban on children under the age of fourteen from having social media accounts. He posted this on social media side X this nation leading move, we'll see. Former Chief Justice of the High Court, Robert french ac tasks with examining the legal, regulatory and technological pathways for the state government to impose a ban while also giving due consideration to the constitutional framework. Two things here pro One, it sounds unenforceable. I don't know how they're going to enforce this for kids who can run rings around all of us when it comes to social media and technology. And two, shouldn't this be a parental decision as opposed to a government one?
Speaker 4: Well, these are the grand gestures that labor loves to make. And as you say, it's totally unenforceable, how can they possibly do it? And secondly, we are sick of parents being disempowered. I mean, we have this situation where we are seeing kids, you know, boasting and posting fights and things like that at school. And part of the problem is that teachers are not allowed to a discipline children anymore and supervise them to the extent that when I was going to school, I mean I would never have dared do something like this. So we have parents disempowered. They can't complain about the fact that there's no discipline.
Speaker 3: And rules in schools.
Speaker 4: And we have, you know, this nanny state situation where the politicians sing they can go into a kid's bedroom and tell them and determine what they can and cannot watch. I mean, it's not going to happen. We do know that social media has very dangerous implications when it comes to young minds. We've witnessed that with radicalized kids, et cetera. But in the end, it's up to the parents to impose restrictions on their kids instead of trying to be a friend with your kid.
Speaker 3: Take the phone away.
Speaker 4: If they're going into their bedroom at night, they do not need their device with them for goodness sake. So you know, parents need to start guarranting.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And I wouldn't be against having some sort of a ban in schools, in class and lunchtime and recess. Just if you're in school, you don't have your phone unless it's some sort of an emergency. I think that that would be widely supported and that's something you could actually enforce. But yeah, what they're talking about here, I think is fantasy land.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: It's taken a while, but finally some acknowledgment that the way Victoria police treated anti lockdown and vaccine mandate protests during COVID was a violent use of excessive face. In the County Court, Judge Liz gain Or ruled police were the aggressors during an anti lockdown protest in May twenty twenty one, and in her singing judgment, the judge ruled the arrests were unlawful, and she called the response from the police immediate and violent, saying I'm satisfied that police were they dresses in the situation and they employed unjustified violence prove there are now calls for the police to be perhaps investigated and charged, and I think we're going to hear a lot more about these because these cases are now finally before the courts and the evidence is being examined, including bodycam footage.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not an apologist for the police, and I think they have totally overstepped the mark and they were aggressive and incredibly violent. But we have to point the finger at Andrew's, the premiere, because you know, it's a psychological thing almost that he empowered them. He was ruling that state with an unreasonable iron hand. He was demanding measures that were absolutely an infringement on people's human rights. And I suspect because the police force in Victoria was and still remains a very big political arm of the premiers of the state, and you know they have been were empowered by Andrews to do this in aggressive enforcement. So he's to me as culpable as the police who did seriously overstep the mark.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, we need a Royal Commission with everybody to answer questions, including the state premieres. Now the budget. You're not going to escape a budget question, Peru. I know you thought you were going to, but it's tomorrow night. And the Australian Financial Review notes that Treasurer Jim Chalmers is breaking from the market based economic model favored by the Hawk and Keating governments that help deliver years of national prosperity. John Kio rights, Jim Chalmers is ripping up the economic textbook, the labor Treasury is embracing a bigger role for government to direct capital and allocate resources. But prou how can a government that, let's be frank here has next to zero business experience pick out winning projects to back with our money.
Speaker 4: Well, we've already seen that they are totally inept at it. When with this future made in Australia and we have, you know, the one billion dollars into the solar panels, when we know there's a glut of solar panels and that China and many other countries can produce the much cheaper than we we could possibly ever do. And then we've got this very questionable tendering process over the quantum the pair Zi quantum allocation of another billion dollars. I mean, they're not they're not demonstrating that they have any prowess at doing this. And as you say, I mean, Charmers and Co. Have never had any business experience. They don't understand market forces. Keating and Hawk certainly did. And that's where this country was, you know, really reinvigorated. And these fools, these arrogant fools, who think that they are going to be able to pick the winners with our money and with of course the union power of the super fun money, which you know, got to help all these people who are in industry funds because your money is going to be invested in loser businesses and this country is going to go down the toilet. And he keeps saying, Charmers that he knows.
Speaker 3: Better than the.
Speaker 4: RBA that we are going to have inflation down to two or three percent by Christmas.
Speaker 3: Give us a break.
Speaker 4: I mean, the man is you know, he did work for Wayne Swan was into the universe's greatest treasure, and he never ever produced a surplus. And this is the guy who worked for him.
Speaker 3: So God help Australia.
Speaker 4: Is all I can say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think Wayne Swan promised US four surpluses, but I don't think he actually delivered one at all.
Speaker 6: Not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, we'll see how we go here, but it's just not need an expansory budget in the current environment. The last thing we want is the Reserve Bank spooked with inflationary pressure and rates remaining high or even going up further. Now, speaking of poor Keating there, I don't know if you called this story in the Sunday Telegraph and Net's sharp reporting there that the former Labor Prime minister, who is now eighty years old, has found love with a thirty something Polish waitress got a hand it to Paul Keating. No one ever said he was boring proof.
Speaker 4: No, there must be some life in the old boy yet, unless they just wind clocks together and you know, talk about art or something. I don't know, but good on him. You know, at least it might keep him off the media trail, and you know, throwing grenades at various people as he loves to do. And of course closing up to China. It's interesting, does Poland and trying to get on I'm not quite sure.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, the less he says about China, the better I think for all of us. Now, let's go to the US, where a small number of students at Duke Universities staged a walkout, a very loud walkout, in protest of Jerry Seinfeld's appearance at their commencement ceremony. You can see them, they're getting up and leaving. My doubt Jerry really was too fussed about these Let's have a listen to what he had to say.
Speaker 7: My point is, we're embarrassed about things we should be proud of, and proud of things we should be embarrassed about. So on my staff in the nineties, we had a lot of Harvard guys. They were fantastic, But I could never understand why these guys were so embarrassed about being from Harvard. They would never talk about it, they would never mention it. I'm not talking about Harvard now, I'm talking about the way it used to be. You're never going to believe this Harvard, it used to be a great place to go to school.
Speaker 3: Prou He told them not to be ashamed of their privilege and to maintain a sense of humor, and I think that's very good advice.
Speaker 4: Indeed, Well, definitely, but clearly they were humorless and if they didn't really celebrate the fact that Jerry Seinfeld, who's one of the greatest comedians, and you know, I think social anthropologists we've seen, you know, I think it's pretty pathetic that they walked out. You know, it just shows how juvenile and how dumb they really are.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, But I think it was with Duke University a small but loud minority. When you look at the numbers who actually got up and walked out, a few of them had banners and they looked they were in the dozens, not their hundreds. So I guess that's a positive sign for prou mcswede, Thank you so much. Joining me now is renowned geologists professor in plymber In. We've had gas mining giants issuing the Abenezy government a budget eve warning. They're saying that huge tax revenue contributions and the regional jobs the sector provides they're at risk unless this restrictive red black green tape is removed. What are the chances that the treasure Jim Chalmers will heat their calls.
Speaker 8: Well, it's got very little choice.
Speaker 9: This has now become a political matter a couple of years ago, the outgoing Japanese ambassador warned the government about investment in gas in Australia and the time taken for approvals, the massive amount of red, green, black and blue tape from the UN that gives massive investment uncertainty, and investment wasn't made because of the uncertainty.
Speaker 8: Now the chickens have come home.
Speaker 9: Now we've got a gas ortage, and that means that the knock on effect is with making fertilizers and making plastics, and foundries operating and even green steel and making hydrogen.
Speaker 8: So this has been coming for a long long time. Now I have to declare an interest.
Speaker 9: I'm the chairman of Senex, which is a gas company in Eastern Australia. It's a company with Posco, the Coorean steel giant. I was with Posco last week in Korea. They expressed huge concern about the time taken for approvals and the fact that our government has just locked gas development in red tape and black tape such that it's impossible to do anything. And in Senex we want to increase our production from twenty to sixty pedadules. This would help the problems in Eastern Australia. Now the government is a hindrance to gas development in Australia. It's not helping and they should have done this years ago. So they've killed off coal, they've killed off nuclear, there's very little hydro wind and solar are unreliable.
Speaker 8: All we've got left is gas and this is.
Speaker 9: Being totally absolutely destroyed by the federal government.
Speaker 3: Is it just the federal government or is it the state government who are real hindrance when it comes to increasing gas production in this country.
Speaker 9: In Queensland, the state government is a little bit more cooperative than in Victoria or in New South Wales.
Speaker 8: And you have to remember that gas is produced from rural areas. There are very few jobs left in rural areas. Almost all the primary industry has.
Speaker 9: Been destroyed in rural areas and gas creates a lot of jobs. And in the case of Senex, the jobs are in places like one Dowan and Roma. These jobs are absolutely vital because there is little employment in rural Australia. So it's a national issue which has been totally ignored for ideological reasons by the government. It's been ignored because gas is a fossil fuel. It's been ignored because they want to create unreliable energy, which is not going to make plastics, it's not going to make fertilizers, it's not going to solve any problems.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: Being one of your favorites, Minister for Climate Change Chris Bowen, he has taken to X the social media side to boast about a surge in electric vehicle novated leases. He says it's all thanks to Labor's EV tax cutter. But is this really something to boast about. It'sn't it more market manipulation to push evs to people who are now going into debt to lease an asset that it's going to be almost worthless at the end of that lease in some cases.
Speaker 8: Well that's the case. EV's lose the value quicker than anything.
Speaker 9: Evs have an awful track record of performance and resale, and mister Bowen should look at what's happening in the UK and in Europe, and there's a massive glut of evs. People are moving away from evs and back to the time proven internal combustion engines.
Speaker 8: We've got tens of thousands of evs lined up on waves in Europe.
Speaker 9: These have come from China, places like Burmerhafen, you can't actually have any more evs there. And in Germany the ev construction has actually slowed down. We have so many evs floating around that people don't want to buy, and they don't want to buy them for the right reasons. They're too expensive. They depreciate it very very fast rate. They catch a light, they can't go very far. And if you're in the case of someone like Budget who are renting out cars the useless and what Budget has done they sell tens of thousands of the evs because they cannot run a bit business. Actually renting out EV's, leashing EV's is the same.
Speaker 8: Sort of business. It will only operate if it's subsidized then that is with your money.
Speaker 3: Well, that's exactly right. I mean, if there's such a fantastic product, you wouldn't need all these programs and subsidies and penalties on high mission cars to try to cajole people into buying these. Now, it's all very confusing because whilst we've got Chris Bowen pushing EV's very heavily in Germany, the lefties are protesting against evs. Protesters are opposed to the expansion of a Tesla plant in a town near Berlin on Friday that clashed with police. Some of them have been attempted to storm the electric vehicle manufacturing facility. Let's have a look and what is going on. I thought the environmentalists were all loving evs or are they finally realizing that they're not that environmentally friendly if you actually look at what goes into them.
Speaker 9: Well, summer is coming on in Europe, in German Germany, and you can see from the way people were dressed it was warm. Many of those people have not got sick overcoats on. So this is the time for the anarcho Marxists to start demonstrating, and they demonstrate against anything. Now that grin Hyder factory is in East Germany. East Germany needs the jobs. East Germany is still.
Speaker 8: Recovering from communism which destroyed the economy. So here we've got people objecting.
Speaker 9: To actually owning a car, to having freedom, to stopping the average person.
Speaker 8: Being able to drive when and where they want to.
Speaker 9: They want to be pleased that Germany actually has Tesla into that country because companies lie BMW and Volkswagen and Mercedes.
Speaker 8: And Porsche are actually cutting down the amount of production.
Speaker 9: They've been very successful with their internal combustion engines, but with the evs they've actually lost a lot of money. So the German people should be very pleased and someone is investing in evs, because after all, evs are meant to be clean, green vehicles.
Speaker 8: These people should be cheering. They shouldn't be demonstrating.
Speaker 3: Well, they're not charing that you saw from that footage there, we're like storming the barricades. Also a conflict in Queensland with the L and P, the Liberal National Party, the different factions there have got a showdown coming up between the Moderates and the Conservatives of the party's annual state conference, and the big issue seems to be in the Parliamentary party's support of Labour's seventy five percent in mission reduction target by twenty thirty five, a very bold target. Indeed, rank and file party members are said to be absolutely irate with that, as are several federal MPs. How do you see this clash resolving? It seems like they're determined to snatch defeat from the Jews of victory here. Have they not learned anything from the rabble we've got down here in Victoria?
Speaker 9: Well, there's something in the water in Queensland because the labor parties having a massive fight at present between the loopy left trying to ease out the right, and they have agreements where various positions go to the left and right. They're having a massy fight and the LNP are having massive fight. And in the lnp's case, it's a death wish. If you want to lose an election, show that you've got some division. Now we have now the LNP is saying, look, we don't want.
Speaker 8: To have net zero on the political agenda.
Speaker 9: We want to be the same as the labor clowns and so we're going to have the same policy and that means that you can't vote us out on net zero grounds. They need to stand up and have some principle. They need to say we are different. We don't want to send Queensland broke. We have Queensland and energy exporting state. We need to actually use coal and use gas. So we have people and I wouldn't call them the moderates. I'd say those with common sense in their LNP are actually trying.
Speaker 8: To stop those who are siding.
Speaker 10: With the loopy left and saying well, yes we should go down the net zero path and the people who have got common sense in the LNP are saying, we want to be.
Speaker 11: A party where we are different. We don't want to have a twiddled and twittle dum election. We want to have an election based on two different economic models. One is a socialist model and the other's a capitalist model.
Speaker 3: Well you absolute, and we saw that federally, where with the Morrison government decided that they didn't want to have climate change net zero on the agenda, so they signed up to it and then they lost because they couldn't actually argue about the most important issue in that election, which was cost of living and obviously energy prices are a huge factor in that. Professor Plymouth, thank you so much for your time this evening.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Still to come Lefties Losing It and it's a special Eurovision edition of Lefties plus the Labor Party's betrayal of the Jewish community. Doctor Colin Rubinstein joins me next welcome back. Now it's time for Lefties Losing It. And before we get to the Eurovision extravaganza I've promised you, let's start with another neo pronoun lesson. Do you ever feel like your gender is a star. Well, that's completely valid.
Speaker 12: We literally live in a capitalist hellhole if somebody doesn't have the correct words to express how their gender identity feels, and the best way they can describe that is it feels like a star. My gender feels like a star.
Speaker 9: Okay, valid, Sure.
Speaker 12: I really don't see the problem at all. My only asterisk, like, my only little note is if you use a lot of neo pronouns interchangeably. And this is not to crap on neopronouns. I'm reading a lot about gender studies. I have been lately of having my own little gender identity crisis neopronuns, but it's something that helps me personally, and that's a different TikTok for a different time. The point is neopronouns are valid, but if you use a lot of them interchangeably depending on how you're feeling that day, be patient with people. Rapid change like that can be difficult for a lot of people, and especially people learning disabilities or other disabilities.
Speaker 9: So just be patient, maybe work on.
Speaker 12: Ways that you can express the pronouns that you're feeling that day, name, tag, baslet, earrings, different things. You are still incredibly valid, You just maybe need to be a little bit patient while the rest of the world is catching up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yessa, incredibly valid. Just remember that. Now to the Eurovision contest. Remember when it was just a joyful, freak show of song and dance. Well now it's just become a freak show, a hateful anti Israeli one where one lone performer representing Israel was mercilessly bullied by the crowd who booed her, by fellow contestants and even commy troll Greta Thunberg.
Speaker 1: Here to show that we think it is outrageous and inexcusable for Eurovision to let Israel participate while committing a genocide. Yes, it's a song contest where Israel, a country that is currently committing a genocide in Gaza, are allowed to compete. Yeah, that is a very clear example that does say that when a country accepts in a way that when a country behaves in a way that is unacceptable, then Eurovision excuse them. So why not Israel?
Speaker 3: She really is a miserable little doom goblin, isn't she? And how wonderful to see her go from climate expert to Middle East expert and she really believes she's saving the world by encouraging kids to waste their lives getting themselves arrested, this time for trying to stop a woman singing.
Speaker 13: I think they should be everywhere and once again young people are are leading the way, showing, showing the world how how we should react to this.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't just Greta. The Israeli performer Eden Golan was also bullied by other contestants, including this thirty something child representing Greece, pretending to fall asleep when media asked Eden a question.
Speaker 2: I'm very happy after reaching the final when the situation is and you know how it is, well, I feel.
Speaker 3: I'm soveraway of emotions.
Speaker 14: It's truly such an honor to be here on stage.
Speaker 3: And among the most virulent anti Israel performers was the nine Binary, which Bamby Thug by the way, that is not me having a go at her. That's how she describes herself. Do you know what makes me special? I'm a queer and I'm well. Despite backing a boycott of the event, a Bamby Thug decided to participate herself. Of course, she didn't want to pay a personal price for activism and miss out on Eurovision. But what did she do When Israel made it to the finals.
Speaker 5: I cried with my team.
Speaker 3: Yes there were tears from that lefty, but there was also demented joy. I guess that's what this is. Yes, the Irish lass cried and laughed, and she cried some more when Israel ended up doing particularly well with the public vote, not the jury vote for obvious reasons. But the public voted for talent, not a hateful, confused witch and so we saw the lefty lose it again. I norm even care any more.
Speaker 15: The thing that makes us as an ingestice, the community behind it, the love and the power and the support of all of us as what it is, made you change.
Speaker 5: And the world has bo been Your queeries are coming non.
Speaker 3: Votary and the world did speak and backed the Israeli performer who got the maximum twelve votes from the public from countries such as Australia, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Spain, Sweden, UK, Portugal, Switzerland, Italy. The list goes on, but the jury votes did not go to Israel. Indeed, shamefully, Australia's jury votes went to the demonic cry baby Witchy. In twist, joining me now is doctor Colin Rubinstein, Executive Director of the Australia Israel and Jewish Affairs Council. Colin the Albanesi government has overturned decades of foreign policy bipartisanship with a UN vote supporting resolution urging recognition of Palestine as a state. The Foreign Minister Pennywoe claims this will advance peace efforts. What's your response to that argument.
Speaker 6: Well, this is a very disturbing decision that Australia has taken. It's confused, shortsighted, and its counterproductive approach in terms of our historical bipartisan commitment Israel, but also in terms of promoting what they claim they want, and that is towards a negotiated to state outcome. It effectively rewards terrorism and violence. It's basically saying that mass murder, rape, kidnapping, hostage taking, these are acceptable and effective tools to achieve legitimacy and international support. As Hummas of course, is very pleased by this decision, as is the published Indian authority, which also needs to undergo a profound change in its culture if it's to be able to be in a position down the track to have an effective role in the governing of a potential Palestinian state in the future. So rito this many have said it's a completely unprincipled decision by Australia, joining our enemies at the United Nations, the Flat Earth Organization, which in the process of passing the resolution further dens its credibility and enhances its tradition, longstanding tradition of extreme anti Israel bias. But it's also very unprincipled in terms of ditching Israel. I think it's very worrying in terms of flaming tensions within Australia at a time where anti Semitism has surged around the world and in this country as well. We see it on our streets, we see it on our universities, and for the government to be taking this position this time, I think is disturbing for Australia's basic national interest because, as you well know, we're citing with our enemies here and ditching our allies, principally of course, the United States, but also countries at least who had the decency to abstain, be they the United Kingdom, Canada and others. So we've aligned ourselves with Iran and Russia and China and North Korea, and we've put ourselves on the wrong side of the Ledger. We've done nothing to advance genuine possibility of a resolution of this current war, which is what it is, and certainly nothing in terms of advancing the prospects of long term reconciliation in the Middle East between Israel and the Palestinians.
Speaker 3: Why do you think the Albanesi government has come to this position the It is such a significant departure from what we have seen for decades. Is it domestic politics that's motivating this decision? Are they looking at those electorates where there are large Muslim populations and worried about what the backlash there might be at coming elections? What's motivating this decision?
Speaker 6: Well, you've said it, and I'm not going to disagree with a good judge like you, But many have commented on the political opportunism at stake and the electoral numbers. It's well known that Labor both left and right, members are looking at the attitudes and ideology and interests of large numbers in their electorates. It's not a secret at all. This is certainly driving the politics, but also ideological stance by many members we see it very clearly and toxic views taken by so many Greens and even Teals. But this ideological hostility to Israel that's developed over the decades that somehow it's an illegal entity, it's a colonial entity, it's a newcomer, it's perpetrating terrible atrocities, war crimes and all the rest of it, which are completely untrue many respects pure and utter blood libel and historically absolutely ignorant. But there is a strong dose of ideology of commitment by some members the anti Israel faction of the Labor Party, as opposed those who are more familiar with their history and more familiar with Australia's values and traditions and bipartisan stance and the history of their own party. Going back to Doc Everittt through to Bob Hawk and Julia Gillard, which understands Israel's situation, is committed Israel's viability in future, at the same time being committed to a genuine reconciliation and to state peace through negotiation, which is what mainstream parties still support, which is the position I think well articulated by the United States at the General Assembly just a few days ago. That is the way to go. And ironically, I mean the verbal gymnastics we've heard from the Foreign Minister on the weekend really defy understanding and imagination. So Australia is a mixed position. I think is as many have said, it's shameful. It trashes the bipartisan support for peace in the Middle East and Israel, which exemplifies the same democratic values and traditions that we uphold, and we've joined the jackals. As former Senator Monahan said, back in the days of the seventies, the Zionism Racing Resolution, which was like which we should remember historically, its rebuttal and rejection had a lot to do with the leadership of the Hawk Labor government at the time, to the extent that for a while it was called the rebuttal.
Speaker 3: Of that Colin, We're a long way from.
Speaker 6: All the Australian resolution, We're a.
Speaker 3: Long way from the hawk Labor government. With this current lot, things have changed dramatically and not for the better unfortunately, Doctor Colin Ribnson, thank you so much for your time this evening. Appreciate it still to come. Harry breaks down in tears as King Charles awards Prince William and military honor and why Harry and Meghan in Nigeria? Kinsisco Fields up next, Welcome back. You're watching the Reader Paney Show. Let's bring in celebrity and royal report at Kinsey's Schofield Kinsey, Let's talk about Harry. Tom Queen has claimed that Prince Harry was reduced to tears when he heard King Charles had bestowed a new military honor on his brother Prince William. Surely not, he wouldn't. Why would it be in tears over something like this. It should be overjoyed that his brother's being honored.
Speaker 14: Well. Allegedly, this is the same department that Prince Harry served under, So this, I mean, this would be a burn to Prince Harry. You know, I'm sure that all he has to do is get a log on to zoom and talk to his local California therapist after dealing with something like this. But they do feel like this might have been an intentional snub, considering the fact that Prince Harry had just landed in the UK when the Palace announced it, and the Palace did expect for Prince Harry to land in the UK that day. You know, I think that if he's a man that's willing to cry over something like this. I wouldn't want him, you know, as my leader anyway. But a particularly interesting headline coming from Tom Quinn about Prince Harry in tears.
Speaker 3: Yes, and this may have left him in tears as well, because we know King Charles declined to see Harry when they were both in London last week, but he did find time to meet up with David Beckham. According to the Times. They said the former England football captain met the King for a private meeting. There were no pictures, there was no press about it, but they did note that the report of the meeting could make uncomfortable reading for the Duke of Sussex. You don't say Kinsey exactly.
Speaker 14: Well, first of all, I want to stress that David Beckham waited in line for over twelve hours to pay respects to Queen Elizabeth the second after she passed. Prince Harry refused to see her days before her death, So I think that that's important to point out that the Beckhams clearly have much more respect for the monarchy than the Markles. But also it has there have been reports recently that that statement that Prince Harry released about the King not being able to see him was not necessarily the honest truth. Friends of Prince King Charles came out in his defense over the weekend, saying that not only was the King willing to see him, but was never formally approached about a meeting. The King authorized Prince Harry the possibility to stay at one of the royal residents, and Prince Harry turned it down ultimately and opted to stay at a hotel. So interesting new developments coming out of there. Maybe we were giving Prince Harry too much credit by taking his word.
Speaker 3: Yes, we should have learned our lesson by now. Now let's talk about the Nigerian tour that's on de way Harry and Meghan. I don't know if it's this is a royal tour. They're not working royals, are they. Well, they're not politicians or pop stars. What exactly are they doing touring Nigeria in the first place, Kinsey.
Speaker 14: Allegedly they're courting Nigeria for future Invictus Games, but all it's just all a bunch of people. I mean, you've seen Megan's dramatic wardrobe changes throughout it, her insisting that this is her country. Thank you for welcoming me to my country. Now, forty three percent of Nigerians are living below the poverty level. Another twenty five are vulnerable to falling in that category. There are horrible stories that come out of Nigeria about, you know, the mutilation of little girls, child brides, and abusive child labor. So they don't care about Harry and Meghan. They don't care what Megan Markle's wearing or that she's wearing the jewelry of her deceased mother in law. They just don't want to be forced to marry the Harry next door neighbor at the age of twelve. So it just shows you the complete lack of self awareness that Harry and Meghan have.
Speaker 3: Absolutely and I've got a feeling that we're not going to here any of those issues you mentioned, raise, the treatment meeted out to young girls, the child brides, all of that. I can't imagine it's going to be something that Megan is going to be advocating. She did call it my country. She's revealed she's forty three percent Nigerian and she was very grateful to be home.
Speaker 4: Well, they defined as an agerie woman is great resilient career.
Speaker 3: A very single moment that I hear anyone so far.
Speaker 5: I talk about what it means to be an agerie. Woman is the most flabbortory entity in that company, to be in your company.
Speaker 7: So yes, it's been really.
Speaker 12: High opening and homeland, you know, more on a heritage and to you will you know, this is just the beginning of that discovery.
Speaker 3: There you go, Kinsey. She's brave and resilient and all those wonderful qualities. But not everyone is happy that Harry and Meghan are in town.
Speaker 16: Look, nad I'm dying.
Speaker 6: Everybody is frostleted. O.
Speaker 16: My economic had chip and Prince Harry is coming on the way from Britain to the Nazi to visit in Nigeria. See, let me tell you if you seek my own opinion and purples opinion in fact, conduct opinion poll is the western of resources.
Speaker 3: To let's say, welcome idea.
Speaker 8: That's the truth.
Speaker 3: You mentioned Meghan's fashion choices. She's drawn some criticism for the frequent outfit changes and some of the fashion statements. Is she trying to I don't know, have her Diana fantasy with this tour, because we know we've heard from her childhood friends that she was a fan.
Speaker 14: Well, yeah, and I just want to stress Thomas Morcles that he was surprised to find out that Meghan Mark was forty three percent Nigerian and so she's one hundred percent Californian. And there are still a lot of people that remember when Meghan's Hollywood headshot said that she was one hundred percent Caucasian as well. So you do you girl whatever, I do think that she is trying to look like a royal again. I think that the ultimate objective is to win that respect back that they've lost and they've become a joke, and not only the United States but in the UK. I imagine it's similar in Australia, and so they need the glitz, the gland, these photos that remind people of why they fell in love with them in the first place. But unfortunately they fallen too far. We're not going to forget about their behavior to their employees and the dying Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip. I think that people have made up their minds about them.
Speaker 3: Oh indeed, but Megan was ager to praise her husband for being smart after he spoke to Nigerian's school children about mental health and had's okay to have a bad day. I've got to say, though, Kinsy, this is all a bit too much. It's a bit too rich because you mentioned some of the challenges in this country. They're real challenges.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 3: You've got this pampered prince telling kids who have got all sorts of issues he could never very even fatom, and he's telling them about hardship, right.
Speaker 14: And my favorite part is when she gets up, she grabs Mike and she says, do you see why I married him? And everybody cheers, and then she says it's so inspiring because he speaks the truth. Rita, he would not know the truth if it bit him on his frost bit and Targer like the like they the irony. I mean, these people are insane. I just like, who is standing near them going, Oh, that's gonna be amazing. Absolutely say that. You know they have two brand new publicists, fire them immediately?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, really no, that would you created all sorts of imagery Theresey, that's disturbing. So let's move on to something else. There's a concerning trend on social media of celebrities being named and shamed for not being sufficiently anti Israel. There's lists going around. Obviously targets like gal Gadotch, who's a wonder woman who's Israeli, so obviously she's in the bad books. But a surprising number of celebrities are on this list, like Billie Eilish, you have made pro Palestinian statements in the past, or statements calling for a ceasefire, but to the activists, their statements aren't strong enough. Their condemnation, their boycotts aren't strong enough. Who else is on this list?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean you just saw Selena Godmers and Taylor Swift. Selena Gomers has absolutely gotten in trouble for some of her comments about Palestine. But I think that these are people that have all of this time to raise hell because they are unemployed. If they had jobs and had to pay real bills, they wouldn't have time to write with George Soros's Hollywood Extras program. And for most celebrities, that status as a celebrity requires them to do jobs like tour film movies, TV shows, audition. It'd be productive ish members of society. And so no, Taylor Swift is not going to stop in the middle of her Heiress tour and complain about what's going on in Gaza because she knows that she's got a job to do and honestly, she might alienate a significant amount of her audience if she does that. So this just feels like, well.
Speaker 3: If you ask me, celebrities are too outspoken on political issues. I'd rather hear less from them, not more. Kinsey Schofield, thank you for your time this evening. That's it from May Newsnight is up next. I'll see you at eleven tomorrow. Good night,