Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to the Australians Money Puzzle podcast. I'm James Kirby, the Wealth editor at The Australian. Welcome aboard everybody, and welcome to the final concluding episode of our summer series telling you what to expect in the year ahead. You may, I'm sure, ask yourself, why would we ask experts what's going to happen in the year ahead when we know that so often they get it wrong. But the thing is, as an investor, you need to know what everyone else is thinking. It's what everyone else is thinking is what moves markets, right. It's not what you think is going to happen to a certain share price, it's what everyone else thinks. So that's why you need to know the contentus even if it's wrong, and trust me, they're often wrong, but it's a major part of understanding the context in which you invest, and you need to know basically how to reset in any given years. So that's why we had a look at share markets and shares and property so far in this series. And I hope you enjoyed those shows. I certainly enjoyed them. They were really good and we had really good people, I must say talking about the share markets, market individual shares. On the ASX we had June Bailleu and she of the ten group was very good on opportunities and risks, perhaps in our own market. Stuart William's covered off on property. So you say, well, what's left. Whether we need to talk about cash, we need to talk about gold, we need to talk about bitcoin, we need to talk about alternatives, and I think, more than any thinks, we need to put it all together. What have we found out now, now now that we starting into the new twenty twenty five years, what do we know about the markets, what do we know about the consensus outlook? And what should investors be expecting. To help me put all that together, I've got James Girard of Financial Advisor dot com dot you.
Speaker 2: How are you, James? I'm doing them very well. James, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: Nice to have you on. And I think this is the Tester Show, this is the one that we put it all together, because there's quite a lot to put together. The early part of the series was recorded just prior to Christmas and things were looking a little better then, so you'd hear on talking about ASX returns in the order of in the teens teen percent at one stage for the return for the year now as it finished on December thirty one, when we were not working and I'm sure you weren't working either, listener. The finally cut, if you like, of the AX was we did about eleven percent eleven and a half for the year, which is good. Okay, the long term average is tenth. That's pretty good. Of that, you know, four percent or sober dividends. That was our outcome for the ASEX. And on the S and P five hundred being the sort of core US market, the representative Bellweather market, if you like, for the US, they did twenty three percent, which was extremely good, and they didn't fall off to the same degree that we did, which tells you perhaps once again that the US market, whatever is, if things are good, it tends to be twice as good as the ASEX. And that actually segues into the forecast that was offered by Mark Jokuns. He said that US chairs should do twice as well in twenty twenty five as ASEX chares, and he meant that US chairs could do eight percent and we might only do four total return. That is, on both markets. It remains to be seen if that's ever going to come to pass. But James Girard, I imagine your most of the people on your books were pretty happy this year.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: It must be in some ways a relatively easy year. There have been a financial advisor to have too many stressed, angst ridden codes.
Speaker 3: That's right, Yeah, almost all that's a classes went up. Cash rates of high property markets went up in most capital cities. Share markets here have been great. International share markets on the whole have been great as well. Gold went up, Crypto went up if you're into that high risk stuff, private equity, so the alternatives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything went up.
Speaker 1: Everyone's happy, and everyone thinks that they've got it masters they're good investors. I'm a good investor. I bought bitcoin and it went up. I must be good. Bit of a not a scare, not at all, but a bit of a down turn at the end of the year calendar year and pretty mixed so far these early weeks of January on global markets. As sense perhaps of rates, the US records may never come to pass from here after the last batch of figures, there's a sense of that. Am I over egging that?
Speaker 2: No? I think you correct to there.
Speaker 3: What we saw in December was that in the US the payroll data was really strong. The labor market data was really strong as well, and that's meant that share markets going, oh okay, well, the Fed Reserve might not do all those rate cuts as quick as what we expect, and the share markets like those rate cuts to come through. So there's been a temperion of that expectation, and so share markets are then come back. And also through some of Donald Trump's recent comments around Greenland, Canada, Panama, Camanal that sort of scared share markets a little bit around He's pending inauguration and coming into his presidency and depending on when you listen to this podcast in a week or so, which will be a testing time for share markets because everybody is looking at this as a weight and see type moment almost and I don't think I'm overplaying this that the fate of almost everybody's pension fund depends on this one man and what he does once he becomes president in a week's time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, hmm, isn't that great? Isn't that wonderful? Depend on that Donald Trump's whims. I just I thought, it's not that, I it's not that I just agree with you. I don't want to agree with you, and so I'm not going to. But I know exactly what you're saying. There are some very obvious and we need to put them on the table. About Trump being elected, a couple of things I always say. First of all, you know it's in a republican president has been elected pro market, pro deregulation president. That's good for markets. That's why we had a great final quarter at the end of last year. Certain things I think we can safely say. ESG style investing is not just it's not just a less fashionable. It is in trouble because you have someone who is actively anti ESG, and there are anti ESG elements in the US state legislators, of course, been environmental, social, and governance issues. In other words, that's sort of investing ethical investing for want of a better word, as defined. And share markets at least is in trouble, and that is very obvious now and they are rushing out of their responsibilities. In the US, A black rock is turntail on ESG having you know, bard us all silly with their ESG stuff for years. Facebook obviously been a spectacular example of a company that's just like in an extremely unimpressive way trying to curry favor with Trump by dropping the mediated content that it had promised for so long. You know, really bad behavior there. But we're looking at it as investors, and the outcome of that is that shares US shares particularly have a win behind them, except for ESG shares. What about Because we've covered shares, so I want to ask you about a couple of other things, and the obvious one is gold. James, where do you sit on gold?
Speaker 3: It's interesting, it's gone up quite a lot over the past year or so, and looking across the experts, from the fund managers to the economists at the banks, the consensus there is that we might be up for another ten twenty percent increase in the price of gold. The gold price has been supported strongly with the what do you call them? The treasuries of countries around the world up gold, increasing their gold reserves last year, and then there's been the other usual cases for gold. There's a bit of a safe haven. So we're not sure what's going to happen with these geopolitical tensions that are happening around the world, and gold's used for injury and that's increased in demand as well over the past twelve months.
Speaker 2: So I've just using an anecdote.
Speaker 3: I've got a client who has a self managed super fun and going back about five years ago, we bought two kilos of gold and at that point in time, it was about eighty thousand dollars per kilo of gold. And yeah, when we got to early twenty twenty four, we decided, okay, let's take some of this goal because being in the retirement phase of super we need to generate income. And you know, it's great, this goal's going up in value, but it's not paying the bills and cost of living pressures that are going up. So let's sell half of it. So we sold half of it, which was great. We deployed it into bond style investments, picked up seven eight percent income there, and then the other half of the gold has gone up. So now we face this second point, which I'm saying this story because maybe some investors wire holding gold in similar positions, thinking what do I do now my goal. Do I continue to hold it hoping that the price goes up, or do I sell it? And my suggestion would be to start to in a gradual way decreased the exposure. So every time it goes up another five or ten percent, sell a little bit of it if you can, so that you're averaging it.
Speaker 2: You sell price.
Speaker 3: Because nobody has at crystal Ball, no one can tell when that the peak of the gold price will be.
Speaker 1: This person did they hold the gold? They had the gold and bullion, you see they did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we bought physical gold, one kilo blocks, and we took out a bank safety deposit box. And it's really hard to find a safety deposit box. We had to walk around to several branches of major banks to try and find one, and some of them said, look, we can put your name down, but there's going to be a five to ten year waiting list.
Speaker 2: But luckily we found one.
Speaker 3: I think it was at Westpac from memory, and the client left these two kilos of gold there. So that's another thing to think about practically with gold, is that sure, it's great to buy it, and maybe how you buy it. Will you buy the physical goal we buy a gold etf we buy gold mining companies. But if just go for the simple approach of buying some physical gold, you also need to think about where you're going to store it and whether where you're storing it has insurance attached to it, or whether you need to go get your separate insurance policy to protect that that gold bar that you've just bought.
Speaker 1: What what did this particular person have against ETF?
Speaker 3: So wonder they had an issue with the ETFs, and I think it's somewhat misfounded. But they felt that the ETF was synthetic and not backed one for one with gold reserves, whereas when I read the details of the gold ETF, they seem to be backed. So as someone buys a goal ETF, the ETF provide will go buy some physical gold. But the client just wanted to be dead certain that if everything went to crumbs, that they have a chunk of gold that can hack a little bit of way of to barter to survive, that they'd have those gold bars there.
Speaker 1: Sounds like your client probably be most please if they had the bullion under the under their pillar. Would they have gone beside it?
Speaker 2: Something like that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, gold's a funny has a lure to it.
Speaker 1: It's funny one, isn't it. And I talked to I talked to a person who's on the board of a family office and the family Office had got into gold and they had this exact same conversation and the family office were skeptical about this aspect of gold, and the conversation went down the same line, At what point if you're really worried about things being absolutely dreadful and if it's the last resort, then how far do you go? How about the vault? Would they get into the vault on the day if they need to, etc. You could kind of go on forever with that. So that's something everybody has to figure out for themselves. But it's pretty interesting, and it's also interesting, James, you mentioned that it might be time to take profits on gold. That's an interesting point of view. I would tend to be fully bullish on gold again this year, as I have been last year and the year before, and I have it in my own SMSF. I have it in the form of vtfs, and I see it at a hedge against Trump, basically a hedge against Trump's, a hedge against Trump's whims tendency towards chaos, and the fact that all elected officials have a honeymoon period and then it ends, and the Trump honeymoon period when it ends. I think gold could be a very useful acid in death context. That's very much a personal view. Okay, we'll take a break. We'll be back in a moment. Hello, Well, welcome back to The Australian's Money Puzzle podcast. I'm James Kirby, Well, the editor at The Australian, talking to James Girard. This is the final episode of our outlook for the year. So if you recall in the first segment I laid out how the consensus is for the year ahead, pretty ordinary on Australian chairs, pretty good on American chairs, US shares. The consensus for property, such an important asset to our listeners, is also it's fairly mild, a national average of three percent. That could move either way if you think about it. This year the national average that is twenty twenty four of the national average was four point nine. Which they're all key figures, James, But they're modest enough, really, aren't they. For property, it's certainly a period of it's a pretty mixed out look on every level, not just regionally but generally for property. What are you saying to people on their property holdings? What's your sort of default position at the moment on that?
Speaker 3: So when we're talking about property, we were either talking about rates or physical property. And I was really interested to listen to Stuart Wims, and I'd encourage everyone if they haven't listened to that podcast on the Money Puzzle, to listen to that because really insightful. He's an expert on property markets, and he spoke about sentiment and market cycles and why Perf went up and Melbourne went down. But broadly, what I'm saying to clients is that I feel that what I'm seeing is my clients, particularly the ones in Sydney and Melbourne, with these one million two million dollar mortgages, they're starting to struggle. They're eating up into their officed accounts, their savings because a fair chunk of these people have gone from two percent interest rates to six to six and a half percent interest rates, and that's stopping them from upgrading their home, from in buying investment properties. And so I just feel that we just once these rate cuts happened from the Reserve Bank, it will be this confidence boost because property markets run on sentiment, Mum and Dad sentiment in terms of buying and selling, and I think that once we just get that first twenty five basis points rate cut that the floodgates will open and the property markets will will go back up. And I was really interested to hear she will talk about Melbourne in particular and all these property taxes and the tough time you guys have had over the past five to ten years with your market compared to Sydney ten property taxes, two new ones. Yeah, yeah, I hope you had lots of facilities and resources and things afforded for all these taxes that you've been slugged with.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, of course, each one of them was so beneficient. Yes, I know. It's it's a really is an issue. You've got the prices falling and you've got the taxes rising. It's as simple as that. And you had three percent de client in the City of Melbourne last year, a forecast de client of up to five percent this year, and the property taxes are mounting. So there is indisputable evidence. Actually, Ria the Proper Track Group have provided evidence to me which I wrote about, that investors have been moving out of the state on the basis of those taxes, and very simply on the average year, on the average city or state in Australia, something like six percent of investors sell and in Melbourne it's running at nine percent, so basically a third higher than you would expect it to be. So I thought between the line Stewart was saying that looking at the national market, he thought Melbourne, you know, had potential course as if you believe in cycles, but she does, then Melbourne. Is you your dollar invested in a metament might be better awarded than anywhere else, just now and properly, what do you think of that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes sense when you look at the value they're in the Melbourne market relative to its closest competitor, which is a Sydney market, it makes sense to be looking to to buy in Melbourne. I guess I look more across the country and one thing I noticed that people like to buy in their backyard. People feel more comfortable buying in their own local town that they live.
Speaker 2: It's just inherent of us.
Speaker 3: We like comfort, we know what we like, we have experience of Yeah, that's right, So people will always continue to do that, whether it's an upcycle, down cycle, good time, bad time with properties. But if I look more broadly around the country, my personal opinion is that it's a pretty hard time to buy investment property at the moment because we've had Perth go up a lot and although professionals like Stuart believe it will keep going up, my opinion is that we're not getting on the ground floor. We've already had a lot of growth in Perth. Some properties have gone up fifty percent, some have gone up one hundred percent over the past five years. So you know, the question is how much more growth will there be before the market peaks? And Adelaide's a similar thing. Although it may continue to grow, we're not on the ground floor. And places like Hobart in Tasmania that had already peaked and started to fell. Places in Queensland you go to Brisbane and North and South, they've had fifty to seventy percent growth over the past three years. Sydney's at record highs and so you have to sort of look further and broader. Do you go regionally? Do you go to Darwin, do you go to you know, I'd hate to say this, but Melbourne. Do we buy in Melbourne as well? We have to go to places that we wouldn't usually go to buy investment property these days.
Speaker 1: Because the numbers are soft enough to suggest that an ordinary investment will do pretty ordinary and you have to try a little harder.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, absolutely right where your interest rate if you're borrowing, most investments will borrow eighty percent have twenty percent deposits. Some will do a cashless transaction, so they typical mum and dad will have the family house with some equity in it, and then they'll go look to buy an investment property and the bank will draw a loan against their home and then they'll get an eighty percent loan against investment property. So they haven't put a dollar in of cash. It's all borrowed money. So where you have that type of typical situation and you're having to pay six and a half percent interest on the mortgage. Average rents in capital cities, the rental yields there are like three three and a half percent, so already you're a good three percent behind. Then you add your outgoings on top, which is typically another one percent of the property value. So in short, the property's costing people around seven seven and a half percent, but they're only getting three three and a half percent income. So that difference of that circle four percent they need to pay out of their own pocket, so it's a good saving grace that we have the negative gearing system here in Australia, which has been useful in the past three years after the thirteen interest rate rises we've had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's true. I mean definitely. One thing I would say too, listeners is that many and we have many property guests on the show, they are making the point that, of course all property is local. Of course there's always opportunities. Just at this time as we wait for rates to fall. The market is challenging enough in that the figures sound good on average, but there is soft spots, particularly in the larger cities, particularly in the inner city apartment markets and the outer suburban regions of those larger cities. So if you are considering this year, folks getting into property or extending property that you own, the bias towards home standalone houses remains strong and remains advisable I think in many ways because I can we can see that the property the inner city apartment markets particularly are the weakest spot. We'll have a look at this in this closing segment. In a couple of moments, we'll take a break and we'll talk about opportunities and threats for you in the year ahead. Hello, welcome back to The Australian's Money Puzzlive podcast. James Kirby here with James Girard. So, James Girard, when we look ahead this year, it's not easy, but have a goal. Tell our listeners what do you think. Let's talk first of all about where the danger points are there, but what might be the obvious danger points in a divers portfolio that most of our listeners have.
Speaker 3: I think there's big danger points are around uncertainty and a lot of that is coming out of the US with regards to how Donald Trump takes power and will his bark be bigger than his buy it when it comes to immigration, illegal immigration and tariffs and these type of things, because that will definitely affect share markets. And also if he has lots of stimulus and adds to the economy, that will create more inflation as well, which will delay just rate cards and have all these ripple effects.
Speaker 2: So I think.
Speaker 3: Watching what happens in the US is very important as well as those geopolitical events, so they're sort of the known risks that we have with global markets. And then here in Australia, I think it's really crucial around the Reserve Bank cutting those interest rates because I feel that we're in a lot more danger than what the numbers indicate. So the default rates on loans aren't that bad on the moment at the moment for home loans and investment loans, but that's because people are just hanging on. But another couple of months and I think that we could start to see things turn bad. So we really need to see those rate drops. That's a key thing in Australia, and then that will mean that everything will be fine, I feel for the Australian economy.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, that's really interesting. And I think that issue with the US being so important, of course, that instantive becomes that the US markets are so important, and the US markets will dictate the tenor of the market this year. So folks, as Games were saying, watch the US, don't think for one moment that the US share market could have a downturn and we would escape it, because we won't. In fact, history would suggest we will fall, not just in tandem, but we may actually fall further if they come off in any way. The other sort of scenario, which perhaps is more likely, is Trump being, if nothing else, a clearly pro business politician will seek to prolong the power, if you like, of US markets and the US exceptionalism, as they say. But the manner of doing that, he may well stoke inflation way very well. I think it's likely he will stoke inflation. I think it's likely that they will not be able to cut rates. It was a big call anyway that the US could be cutting rates while they had a president that was basically lighting fires under the engines of US business. And so the likely outcome perhaps is that the US market overheats and that inflation re peers as a real problem in the US. And there's the signals of that already just now these weeks on the markets, as we see that these expected US fed rates that James mentioned at the start of the show, that you know, they were seen us to be they were seen us for sure at the end of last year, and now they are not for sure at all, and they may never come, and that would change the whole nature of global markets. So keep that in mind.
Speaker 2: That's all about.
Speaker 1: Share markets, I suppose. On the property market, the interest rate cut, of course is hoped for. If you're an optimist, it's worth knowing that several of the major banks have actually peeled back their expectations, brought them back. I should say that a rate cut may actually come as soon as February. Most people have been talking about May personally, who knows. I don't know why. I sure as I wouldn't be waiting for a rat cut in February. I wouldn't be expecting that, not with what we see in the US markets. And all these markets are interlinked. That's the thing I think that's so important these days to keep in mind, folks. Markets are so interlinked with over the LA bushfires on radio this morning, and you know there was a time where the l bushfires would have been a distant matter. These days, with reinsurance scale and scope of the LA bushfires will play straight into the Australian market because of the reinsurance costs, because they lay their risk off here and we lay our risk off there. So everything is interconnected, and the US is this sort of locomotive of old market. So that's why James is saying to keep an eye on it. Okay, they are some of the more obvious threats. Just to drill down a little bit deeper on that, James on the local shares and as jun Bee Lu made this point more than once in her segment on the show, that the banks can't possibly do that again. You can't expect Comwell Bank to go forty five percent again next year, and you can't expect them to carry the whole market. So it's pretty obvious then that the financial stocks in our market would seem to be not a threat, but you couldn't possibly expect them to do as well this twenty five as they did in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 3: I agree with that and was interested to listen to June talk about the financial stocks on the AX. So I think there's an emerging trade opportunity occurring around a rotation out of the banks, or reduction of exposure to banks, given how well they've done, and into the underloved sector, which is the resource sector. We're seeing most of the big resource companies down in share price over the twelve months while the banks have been going through the roofs. I think that will start to see investors take profits from the banks move into the resource sector. But overall, I think that the AX will have a pretty stable twelve month period, which is in line with what the others have been saying, and.
Speaker 1: This rotation is that is basically the institution investors moving out of banks and going back into other areas where they think there will be some action this year. Resources as you see, and also industrials are in industrial shares that also have been only ticking along in twenty twenty four. Very strange year twenty twenty four on the Australian share market. Not just that banks carried everything, but banks carried everything despite the fact that all institutional investors said that they would not do that, and that there was sell notes.
Speaker 2: You know, I remember this.
Speaker 1: I can remember periods of a year or more where you would not see a single sell note on an Australian bank stock, and all the brokers had sell notes all through the year on Australian bank stocks and every one of those sell notes was wrong. That's a strange year. So there's always something you don't expect. Let's look at the other side, then, let's we look at the opportunities. So part of that obviously would be non bank blue chip shares in Australia being leading resource stocks, perhaps some recovery in good industrial shares, even health care shares. There is some possibility and that they were off the boy last year it stocks of course went very strong along with banks. Not as important on a market cap basis, but important nonetheless, and so you can't expect them to do quite so well next year, you would think history would suggest. But in terms of opportunities, you have those industrials, you have industrials, you have resource stocks. What about rets games you mentioned in passing there in the first part of the show you mentioned reats Australian property trusts starting to see a few pieces suggesting you know, the worst is over for them. Maybe the worst is over for them.
Speaker 2: What do you think? I believe it is.
Speaker 3: Cash rates drop in have several benefits for rates. One of them is that rates are a bond proxy that both produced income and bonds have had high yields over the past couple of years in line with the increases in the cash rates both here and around the world. But as the cash rates start to come down, the bonds look less attractive and people move back towards the rates and also the financing of the rates. A lot of them have gearing of anywhere from thirty to fifty percent in their portfolios to acquire these commercials, properties and interest rates are quite high internally in these reats to finance their debt, and that will come down which will improve their yields as well. There's some tail winds there, as I would say for the reads, and so that's an area that I'm positive on. And just finishing my comments on the resource sector, they're one thing I forgot to mention, which is both a risk and an opportunity is China and that linkage to our Australian market. So there's different interconnecting pieces. You have the US there, what are they going to do with tariffs and trade walls with China? And then what's the Chinese economy going to do with stimulus to sort of get their engine up and running again. And then how does that impact the Australian market given that iron ore is a big export that we center to China, And so if I look into that, Crystal Board says that China keeps stimulating their economy they get it back underway, which is great for the resource prices. And then if I just look at a couple of different of the mining companies in Australia, so BHP about fifty percent of their profits comes from iron ore, forty few metals is really heavy iron about ninety percent of their revenue is from iron ore, and then Rio Tinto is about the same as HP fifty sixty percent of their their profits. So if you wanted to go heavy on that China theme resource sector, you go forward Skew. But if you want to be more diversified, you go for BHP or Rio Tinto.
Speaker 1: Okay, And for what it's worth of folks, the world's most famous stockbroker, the vampire squid, Golma Sas, has just twenty hours ago put out a pretty interesting report and they say that stocks China stocks China stocks being a proxy for Australian or or you can, you can use it both ways, are expected to rise twenty percent twenty percent in the calendar year twenty twenty five. So if you want to talk about opportunities, I'm not suggesting you do this, but I'm telling you that the most powerful stockbroker in the world, investment bank, Gorman Sacks, has come out this week with estimation that China stocks will lift by twenty t which would suggest that China obviously is going to turn this year, which would suggest that the idea of resource stocks in the Australian market would be a good call. So let's see if that turns out to be true. Certainly worth keeping in mind before you go, James Bitcoin, you are among our guests on the show. You have been someone who's always made sure you're in on bitcoin through thick and thin. Where do you stand after an extraordinary year? I think it was the single most successful acid class, and I think we have to call it an acid class these days, whether we like it or not.
Speaker 2: Where do you stand now the process?
Speaker 3: Bit Coin's gone up about five hundred percent since the start of this cycle, and last cycle went up from memory around six hundred percent. So similar to some capital city property markets in Australia, you look at where are we in the cycle, and on one hand, with cryptocurrency, a lot of people are thinking, geez, it's in the news, it's going up. I don't want to miss out. But then you have to think, well, the people that bought when it was much cheaper than what it is today, they're probably going to start selling out and taking their profits, and you're coming in to buy to sort of cash them out and let them have that five six hundred percent gain. So I would say it's a high risk, high lost, high potential gain type investment, and it's probably where a small dabble in there. The way that you can do it is you can either just set up an exchange account with one of the exchanges. You just need to be careful because they're not really regulated. Regulation is coming in from the Australian government on this on exchanges, sort of like with the places where you go to buy cryptocurrency, but still emerging, so be careful who you use to set up with. And then you can buy a bit of bitcoin, which is the big staple, and then you can spread money. And one thing which I suggested recently in the Australian last weekend in the Wealth section was that you can look at this averaging situation where you go, all right, what are the biggest twenty cryptocurrency coins. I don't really know the difference between Stellar versus ripple and what they do, why they go up and while they go down, but I want a piece of the action. So it might be to spread five or ten thousand dollars and put five hundred dollars in ten or one thousand dollars in twenty or something like that, just to get a bit of a spread exposure because it's just so hard to figure out why they go up and down, even though I follow them quite closely. You need to really understand a lot of technical stuff, which I don't do, and I don't think most people do either. I think they're really just following crowds and forums.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it gives you a chance to buy a diverse of id spread off crypto coins. Correct, Yeah, yeah, in a single in a basket of them. I kind of ANYTF like approaches where you buy everything and help for the best. Yeah, Well, buying everything and help for the best, hopefully for the best is probably a very good, probably a very good disposition to have an investing It's one thing A very clever person who I worked with one time and who had a PhD in the treatment of time in Shakespeare please, was also stockbroker at one stage, very very Eridivepresson said to me one time, and I've never forgotten it, and it's probably a good thing for looking ahead for the year. About being an investor, he said, the main thing is to be the same. If you're going to be bullish, always be bullish. If you're going to be bearish, always be verish, just don't.
Speaker 2: Chop and change.
Speaker 1: I really like that. I think there's an awful lot to it. Maybe somebody would like to write in and tell us what they think of that approach and what they think of the series which we've put together for you for the year ahead. I hope it was useful to you. Thank you very much James for coming on the show today.
Speaker 2: My pleasure is always thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: And folks, next week we really zoom normal transmission okay with two shows a week Tuesdays and Thursday, starting next Tuesday, January twenty one. The letter box is only half full. We can take some suggestions, questions, comments, lovely to have them rolling in again. The email is the money Puzzle at the Australian dot com dot Au. Today's show was produced by Leah Summerglue. Thank you very much, Lee, and thank you everyone for listening.
Speaker 2: Talk you soon.