Speaker 1: Lately.
Speaker 2: General, welcome to the late Babe.
Speaker 3: Well, good evening and thanks for joining us.
Speaker 4: I'm James Macpherson with Liz Stauer and Joe Hildebrand coming up tonight. Breakdancer Raygun claims legal ownership of the Kangaroo Hop to stop a musical lampooning her Olympic performance from going ahead.
Speaker 3: We'll get to all of that a little later.
Speaker 4: Plus, when we look at tomorrow's papers, Peter Dutton has decided how many flags he will stand in front of when giving press conferences.
Speaker 3: I think you'll be impressed.
Speaker 4: Plus The Australian's got a story tomorrow saying that one in three Australian jobs could be lost to a I in the next decade. So we'll unpack all of that when we look at tomorrow's papers. But first, obviously you know the national anthem. We are one and free, but increasingly we're divided and out of pocket. I suspect most Australians have never heard of an Indigenous Protection area. It's a piece of once public land that the government has given over to Indigenous people to manage. There are currently eighty seven Indigenous protected areas covering ninety million hectares of land across Australia. One of those Indigenous protected areas is the picturesque Middle Beach near Arnham Land in the Northern Territory. Now it came to our notice when someone posted online a photograph of the sign that beach goers sea when they arrive for a bit of sun baking and a dip in the blue water.
Speaker 3: There have a look at this.
Speaker 4: Here's the sign that confronts OSSI's when they arrive at this beach. It says Indigenous Protected Area. You are entering a developmental recreational area on private lands. A dim RU visitor access permit.
Speaker 3: Is required to enter.
Speaker 4: Now to get a permit, you have to go to the local Aboriginal Corporation website where they offer their fellow Australians a permit to go to the beach, but for a price.
Speaker 3: Here's what's going to cost.
Speaker 4: You to go to a once public beach in the Northern Territory. If you want to go as a family, it's two hundred and seven dollars for the year. As an individual one hundred and eight dollars for the year. The Aboriginal Corporation will charge you eighty nine bucks for a one month visitor pass, fifty seven dollars for two weeks, or thirty nine dollars if you just fancy three days on the beach.
Speaker 2: So here's how this works. This is once public land.
Speaker 4: It's given to an indigenous organization along with public money so they can turn it into a private piece of land that then they charge the public even more money to access a place that they used to access for free.
Speaker 3: Joe, make it make sense.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not entirely sure what is going on here, but arnam Land has always been a restricted area. Arnham Land has always been a place where you couldn't go unless you've got prior approval from the traditional owners. And I've spent a lot of time in Kakadoo, which it is adjacent to. There is a very famous sort of bit of river that East Alligator River, and if you've got a permit, you drive back and forth over the causeway and if you don't, the CROs eat you. And so so I imagine it is just part of this. But I just have to read this part of what the woman said about her indignation about not being able.
Speaker 3: The woman who posted this is the woman.
Speaker 1: Who made the postal says, looks like a great place to swim, let's go. I wouldn't do that if I were you. This is crocodile infested water, including the seas, including the base. So there is absolutely no way that you should go swimming in any of these beaches ever, and not unless you throw a dog in there first, and that is also animal cruelty.
Speaker 3: But if that's the issue, she just.
Speaker 4: Doesn't find saying crocodiles don't enter the water. But that's not really the point, you know.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's what they tell you when you go and get your permits. So I don't know if this is somewhere where people recently have been able to go swimming before and then so suddenly they rock up and it's fenced off, but it's in If it's in Arnenland, I think that would always be the case. And anyone who is planning to swim in a beach on the Northern Territory has rocks in their head and clearly doesn't know anything about how the joint actually works or who actually is in charge. That's right. Maybe they say, look, here's except once they give you the receipt and take the two hundred bucks and by the way. You know you can't go swimming.
Speaker 5: Just take a few photos and leave, please.
Speaker 6: But this was quite an education for me, as I'm sure it will be for you.
Speaker 5: Because there's three different organizations that give out permits over various areas of the Northern Territory. So it's not these guys only who are making bank. There's also the Northern Land Council and the a Nindilia Wak Wide Land Council. So these are different kinds of permits for different kinds of places. Some of them pertain to the very roads you might need to travel on in order.
Speaker 6: To get where you're going.
Speaker 5: So it may be that if you're visiting the Northern Territory you may need one, two, or even three different kinds of permits.
Speaker 6: I did not know this.
Speaker 5: I knew that we had native land title for over forty percent of our land mass here in Australia.
Speaker 6: That's enough to blow your mind.
Speaker 5: But the fact that in the Northern Territory they have these exclusive areas where it's lived, they cannot enter unless you have these permits.
Speaker 6: And the fines are extortionate.
Speaker 5: There are over ten thousand dollars if in fact you are found to be on one of these plots without carrying a permit, which totally would have.
Speaker 1: Been plenty of places at Australia you're not allowed to enter without a permit or without paying some money. I mean Evie Cinema is one of them.
Speaker 3: With the point if the federal government is allocated is.
Speaker 2: Not a good ill?
Speaker 6: Not all, not all.
Speaker 1: Land is publicly accessible to everybody paying for us. Well, here you're paying for that accessing your base.
Speaker 4: This is public land that the public are now being charged to access because it's been given into the trust of indigenous groups. And it's not just in the Northern Territory, it's right around the country. And the federal government has allocated a couple of one hundred million dollars again of public money to set up more of these indigenous protected areas.
Speaker 3: Is this a good thing or.
Speaker 4: Is this something that we're meant to be warmer to be able to access our beaches for free.
Speaker 5: And it was just last week we were talking about the relevant minister in Victoria doing a massive bat track really disponing those people who are in charge of the mountain climbing areas the Grampians and him saying, oh well this has gone so badly. I'm backing off from this all together. Had the government been in Chipe, this would never have happened. And we all know any minister in the Jacina Allen government would one hundred percent be behind such a move that was locking people out of these world renowned mountain climbing skates in Victoria. But it was going very badly, so the government wanted to disst themselves from it. We all know had it gone well, they would have been.
Speaker 6: The first to take credit.
Speaker 1: It turns out we had a road bureaucrat running wild without us noticing.
Speaker 5: That. I was making headlines for a long time. So we see this happening whereby as long as there's enough of an outcry, we see something being done about it. Now it's highly unlikely there's going to be a big enough outcry. We reguarding a beach in the Northern Territory, which I dare say not many people are accessing, and indeed it does speak to the fact that maybe that's part of the point as well. They don't want to be interrupted. They don't want hundreds of tourists, thousands of tourists coming their way here in year route they went Astradian, they wanted to give it pristine etcetera and so on.
Speaker 6: Well, they would see, obviously, I.
Speaker 5: Would argue by their worldview, they would see Australians as tourists.
Speaker 6: This is private land.
Speaker 1: Isn't that the point?
Speaker 3: As indigenous?
Speaker 4: As indigenous people, if you were born in this country, you're not indigenous to any other.
Speaker 5: Argument from me, but this is the narrative that government has backed, and not just that but given it policy.
Speaker 2: Starting to be a change legal.
Speaker 4: We saw in North Queensland in the Berdican where some indigenous elders, even when it comes to welcome to country, are saying, look, we are not going to persist with this because it's just become an embarrassment for everybody. His Indigenous elder from the Burdikan, Randall Ross.
Speaker 6: The elders said no, enough is enough.
Speaker 7: We have to stop, you know, because it is well and truly being abused.
Speaker 1: And this is where people do.
Speaker 4: Not understand that by mistreating and abusing culture, there's cultural ramifications itself. I've got to give credit to Randall Ross I reckon he's read the room after the referendum last year and he knows which way the wind is blowing, as does Peter Dutton and will get to it in the papers a little later. He's made a decision about the indigenous flag and how he will regard that, and so there's a definite shift come in the culture, and so it's interesting to see the change.
Speaker 1: The thing is what he's talking about there is I guess these kind of you know, woke corporates or people who are trying to be so right on, who are overwhelmingly as white as the driven snow, and they're basically so obsessed with the tokenism of having a welcome to country that they're basically doing it wrong. So what he's talking about is saying that you've got so many people who are having so many welcomes to country at so many different events and getting often the wrong people to do it, people who aren't actually traditional owners, aren't the acknowledged elders of the area, that they're just completely trashing it. And so again you get to this thing where if you have this endless kind of tsunami of virtue signaling, which is what we saw and sadly part of what sunk the voice, you actually devalue the importance of it so you can have, for example, you know, like in anamine is incredibly important, sight, incredibly important Aboriginal community. But you get but you have these sort of ridiculous people wanting to sort of cue up to show how right or they are and how much they care about Aboriginal culture, and they're actually killing and devaluing Aboriginal culture so much and clearly don't understand it because they're getting the wrong people to do it. That this guy who's the right person says, well, we're just not going to have it anymore because you've just it's like sort of indigenous which one's hat restaurant and respect.
Speaker 4: For Indigenous people will not be diminished one jot by not having No.
Speaker 1: That's that's right. I mean again I keep to the point, Like you know, I remember and again Big w is one of my favorite shops. I'm going to go to the toy sale. They got some amazing bargains and I'm going to hit that like it' h that like a buffet for your plug. But but you know, I would go there sort of hanging out for the show or whatever, and you'd hear on repeat a recorded message saying we would like to acknowledge Indigenous and having in the country. It's like I'm in Macquarie Park shopping center right and listening to a recording saying how much they care? Like that is the most ridiculous, Like it'd be like saying if someone's relative died and you just sent them an automated message, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your insert name here. I mean, it just blew my mind. And this was happening throughout the Voice campaign, and this was when I planes doing it, when they would land, and you just you could just see the look on people and everyone's just like, no one's saying anything, and you can actually see their thoughts. They're just going, I am so sick of this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's obviously a change coming, that's for sure.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 4: International news yesterday of course focused on the Middle East again with the fall of the dictator of Syria Assad. People celebrating in Sydney and Canterbury, Bankstown and in Rouse Hill people went out onto the streets waving flags, chanting and caught on video is numbers of people chanting? Will show you the footage? Why don't we show you the footage? Definitely explain what they're chanting. Here's what they were doing.
Speaker 2: Now, bear in mind.
Speaker 4: This comes just hours really after the synagogue in Melbourne was fire bombed in an anti Semitic attack, and we're all like, g anti Semitism has to be dealt with.
Speaker 3: And now immediately in the.
Speaker 4: Wake of that, we've got lots of people out on the street in Sydney chanting that Muhammad is going to come after the Jews. This refers to a battle that Muhammad waged against the Jews in about I think it was the seventh century and they slaughtered a whole bunch of Jews. And now, in response to the Syrian dictator being overthrown, they're chanting in the streets of Sydney that Muhammad's going to come after the Jews. Jewish people are rightly incredibly upset about this. The slogan that they're chanting was first popularized in the nineteen eighties by Ahmed Yasan, the founder of Hamas. It's been invoked in numerous terror attacks. In fact, you remember am Rosi, who was one of the Balley bombers when he was sentenced to death and if he was responsible for the death of eighty eight Australians, he chanted that exact Slowgan during his sentencing the founder of al Qaeda, wrote a book in two thousand and nine with that slogan as the title. In Europe, you can face jail for chanting that slogan. In twenty seventeen, someone in Belgium was charged with incitement because of that slogan, and in twenty twenty one a couple of guys in London. So the police in New South Wales, if they're serious about doing anything about anti Semitism, should be straight onto this now. Karen Webb, the police commissioner said, said, wow, we've got to get the translation and we've got to make sure its incitement before we take action. Well, I hope they'll do something immediately tomorrow because I saw this video this afternoon. Now I can't translate it, I don't know what it is. So I walked across to my local barber where they're all Iraqis and there are about four of them in there. They're all nice guys. I said, hey, can I play you something and can you tell me if you understand this? And they immediately said it's a chant calling for violence against Jews. Whoever's doing that, they're terrorists. They should be arrested. That was before they knew any context. They didn't see the video. I just played them the audio. They immediately knew. If the police is serious about clamping down on anti Semitism, if they're going to stop the talk and actually do things, they have to do something about this immediately.
Speaker 5: And we are told that this is under investigation, as it should be, although how are you going to track down that many people? It's much like what we saw the scenes on the steps.
Speaker 4: We've got photographs of that, they've got video evidence, indeed, but.
Speaker 5: They had video evidence of that, and yet we still don't know that any single person on the steps of the opera house got a knock on the door from the police either so so far or we've seen is words, which is very much in line with what we seem to see under the men's government with regards to these kinds of outbursts by big crowds in New South Wales when it comes to these acts of anti Semitism. But don't you love the cultural enrichment. Don't you love the cultural enrichment, the cultural diversity. We're told diversity is our strength your government, and ladies and gentlemen have absolutely no problem importing hundreds of thousands of people who do not love the West and by extension hate israelis as well as of course the Jewish people, not just over in Israel, but here in Australia.
Speaker 8: Every time hundreds of thousands, Yes it is this over billion, all of those, but I come hundreds of thousands.
Speaker 1: So how many we know exactly.
Speaker 6: What these cultures stand for? Okay?
Speaker 5: And we're now seeing time and time again large crowds displaying this kind of thing.
Speaker 1: That was not thousands of people. And again if it was, if it was really hundreds of thousands, there would be many more incidents in this and much bigger.
Speaker 5: Let's be more specifically, test there's at least ten more things crowds ideas.
Speaker 4: Don't we just call it for what it is, because I think you've got it slightly back to front. It's not they hate the West and by extension Israel. Islam is antagonistic, aggressive towards Jews and by extension the rest of the West.
Speaker 2: That is the issue.
Speaker 1: Certainly, that is not a bug in Islam.
Speaker 3: It's a feature.
Speaker 1: Certainly, there proves that, certainly.
Speaker 3: Pretty clear.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about certainly among among its extremists and fundamentalists. That is absolutely true. But among the vast majority of Muslims that is not true.
Speaker 6: Yes, and there is no difference if you.
Speaker 1: Read them, if you read the Kara, there's no where, no word, there's no way to tell the difference between a homicidal maniac Christian and a non homicidal maniac Christian. If you take the literal words of the Kuran, obviously they're pretty disturbing. There are some disturbing words in the Bible as well, particularly in the Old Testament.
Speaker 4: Very different, very The Bible is telling historical stories of things that happened. The Koran is not telling historical stories. It's just giving this is the word of God. It's very different. The context is very different.
Speaker 3: Job Jesus said.
Speaker 2: His was a war lord.
Speaker 3: They're totally different.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, now do the talmud, Now do the talent and just serving passages in the talmot. Why why are you just singling out the Christian Let's comes the same as the Jewish text.
Speaker 2: That's the let's come back to the main point.
Speaker 4: The boss, Mike Burgess, the boss of ASO, Mike Burgess today he said that when talking about the fire bombing in Victoria, he said, we need to watch our words very carefully, and he was talking about people just being measured in the way they talk about what's happened in Victoria. Well, if it's true that we have to watch our words carefully because they inflame tensions and could lead to violence, that's what Mike Burgess said. Well, then the words chance on the streets in Sydney yesterday about Jewish people need to be investigated thoroughly and action needs to be taken if they're serious. And if they do nothing about this, then it's just more waffle. Why would you ever believe their assurances that they're taking.
Speaker 5: It's only going to get worse as the war in the Middle East, it continues to become a larger.
Speaker 1: Reachon get by tackling the extremists, arresting the extremists, charging the extremists, not a whole culture people.
Speaker 6: I never said that, Joe.
Speaker 5: People here, yes, because they come from those cultures. And like I explained, I've been very clear, you're being disingenuous. There is no way to tell the difference on an application form. Okay, So the problem is we are just.
Speaker 1: We just have a ban on a morning the Jews about on.
Speaker 5: About the impot people who share our values period.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what you would think in a terrorist attack, and this has been designated a terrorist attack, that the Prime Minister.
Speaker 3: Would be there immediately.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's a terrorist attack, and it was declared a terrorist attack officially today. But Chris Min's, the new South Wales Premier, said I think on Friday that this was a terror attack. So did many others. Anthony ALBANIZI. Of course he was in Perth and well a terror attack had taken place Friday morning. He had a game of tennis to play on Saturday afternoon. He had drinks with labor donors on Friday night, and he's planning on visiting the synagogue on Tuesday. Never mind, pretty much everybody else has been there the PM.
Speaker 3: He'll turn up when he's good and ready.
Speaker 4: He was asked why it took him so long to make a decision to visit the site of the terror attack. He explained that he was pretty busy tennis included.
Speaker 2: I wasn't playing tennis on the Saturday morning. Yeah, that is wrong.
Speaker 9: I had I had six appointments on Saturday after they had concluded.
Speaker 2: In the afternoon, I did some exercise.
Speaker 4: I just got to point out when the journalist said, is it true you were playing tennis on Saturday? And notice the Prime Minister's response, He said, I was not playing tennis on Saturday morning. Was the phrase, No, he played at about two o'clock in the afternoon. That's how sneaky Anthony Elbanezi is being with this, I'd say, match point Peter Dutton.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, it's not a good look. I mean, I think yet again Albo's got himself in trouble, not by sort of breaking the letter of the law, if you like, but the spirit of law. So it's not that he's actually done anything wrong, but it is just not a good look to have a picture of a sort of you know, a day of mourning and a day of reflection at the synagogue that Peter Dutton's there and meanwhile he's in his tennis whites. I would say that, you know, we do want our polities to be fair. And I know, like I run no, but it's true, like tennis is his big thing. So tennis, tennis is his like absolute sport. It is what he does. It is the thing that keeps him saying and.
Speaker 2: More than anything apparently No, But I mean I.
Speaker 1: Know people who I mean, I'm one of them. Like I if I you know, if I want to work hard, if I've got a big dayhead, I make sure I go for a run and it actually resets the Brian you're.
Speaker 5: Not the prime minister in your nation, hasn't just experienced it?
Speaker 1: That's right. Again, it's a bad look. But again I think anything, you know, anything in that scenario, I'm given the way that he's handled you know what you might call the sort of anti semitism with question. Anything he does that isn't completely and utterly devoted to that and and devoted to the seriousness of that, that is not going to it's going to be a bad look.
Speaker 2: So so why did he do it?
Speaker 6: Why did he do it? It's not every day we have because again.
Speaker 1: He would be thinking, you know, I've worked you know, Saturday, I've already worked eight hours.
Speaker 6: You know, you don't get this isn't a nine to Prie. You are the pride.
Speaker 3: For a week.
Speaker 5: Agogue has just been incinerated. And by the way, it's now Monday night.
Speaker 6: Has he been yet? Has he been or did he.
Speaker 5: Have another six appointments today and the next day as well. Sorry, I just can't fit it in and are you kidding you read.
Speaker 1: With Jewish community as soon as it happened to visited a Jewish community in WL.
Speaker 6: The scene of the crime.
Speaker 5: If not before then certainly after you've had the commission to come out and say yes, this is a terrorist attack. We are treating it like a terrorist the notice it's a terrorist attack on Australian soil, and our PM can't be asked to visit the site.
Speaker 1: Oh look, you know, if I was talking about I'd probably say you get on the plane, get to Melbourne. And again it is not a good look, but it is. It is.
Speaker 4: You know, let's let's have a listen to the Police Commissioner speaking today talking about the fact they have designated this say terror attack.
Speaker 9: At that time the decision was it did not at that stage reach the threshold to be declared such an incident. I am very confident that we now have had an attack, a terrorist attack.
Speaker 3: The big issue for Anthony Elbanezi, well not.
Speaker 4: The big issue is that as a human being, let alone as the Prime Minister, you don't play tennis when the people you're responsible for are not only grieving but in fear. And it's not just one incident there's been more than twelve months of incidents, this one obviously the most serious just as a human being, let alone the promise you get there. But if you want to look at the politics of it, news Paul showed forty four percent of people I don't know how it's forty four percent regard Albanezi as decisive and strong. But Peter Dutton is regarded as decisive and strong by sixty percent of people.
Speaker 2: And that pol taken.
Speaker 4: Before all of this news about Albanezi delaying his response to play tennis. It's not going to help him as a prime minister that someone believe, in his words, has got your back. That's his slogan for the upcoming election. I've got your back?
Speaker 3: Do you reckon?
Speaker 4: Jewish people in Melbourne think that Anthony Albanze has got their back.
Speaker 5: Honestly, terrible optics but very fitting for alban EZI, who I think will go down in history as the weakest prime minister we've ever had, and when you consider some of the prime ministers that we have had, that is saying something. But now to the future of media potentially, is this what it's going to look like?
Speaker 2: The man looking after.
Speaker 5: The La Times has said that he's going to introduce AI powered bias meter on news stories. This has sparked a backlash in his newsroom because obviously they're a bit offended.
Speaker 6: What are you saying we're biased?
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know what's crazier that you're admitting you're biased by introducing the idea of a bias meter, or you're getting AI, who is programmed by also undoubtedly somebody else who's biased, to then be the arbiter of bias in your content.
Speaker 6: I mean, this is just madness.
Speaker 5: But here he is Los Angeles Times owner Patrick Soon, who blocks the newspaper's endorsement of Kamala Harris and plans to overhaul its editorial board, says he will implement an artificial intelligence powered bias meter on the papers news articles to provide readers with quote both sides end quote of a story.
Speaker 6: It makes you wonder, since.
Speaker 5: This guy did block the paper's endorsement of Kamala Harris, is he just reading the tea leaves?
Speaker 6: We know.
Speaker 5: MSNBC's ratings have gone through the floor, so as CNN's mainstream media regime, media is very much on the nose right now in America. Americans feel lied to because you were shit it tuned in it sky on youth. And so he's simply trying to, i think, disuage people from treating his publication in a similar way, saying, well, firstly, we didn't side.
Speaker 6: With the Dems.
Speaker 5: We knew that that would have been backing a losing horse, so didn't do that intentionally. Secondly, since people accuse us of being biased, I'm going to put in this meter which will give you both sides of every story from now on. I mean, it's on the one hand, it sounds like a good idea, but on the other you're just like, mate, that's going to be even worse because then you've got the bias in the article, and then the bias of AI layered on top everyone to get.
Speaker 1: Journalists are meant to be in touch with their audiences and in touch with their communities, and in touch with what's really happening. You know, they're meant to have their finger on the pulse, right, and the reason why so many journalists in the US completely failed to even see the possibility that Donald Trump was going to win, let alone absolutely romp it in is because they are living in such tiny bubbles that they living in ivory towers. They are horrendous cultural snobs and elites, and they simply do not know, do not mix with the sort of people who'd had it up to the back teeth with how things were going, and we're going to vote for Donald Trump in droves. And so you've got a newspaper that is staffed by people who are incredibly elitist and out of touch. And the solution they come up with to solve this problem is the most elitist and out of touch solution you could possibly out to divide it because instead of saying to the news all right, guys, how did we get this wrong? Why did no one pick this up? I want you to get out there into the communities that vote for don Trump, find out why, find out what is happening in America that we missed. Why is Middle America at odds with California get higher? People who come from different backgrounds to work in the newsroom. Hire people maybe not from the conventional JA schools that teach people how to be postmodern Marxist deconstructors of media narratives and actually know how to get in the community and write stories about the issues that people care about. That is the way you fix that problem. But the problem is that obviously he and the people around him so hopelessly out of touch with what is actually going on. And again, you didn't, my mate timmy g picked a Trump women, you don't need AI. But they've said, oh my god, we don't know what's happening. No one we know. Oh wekat AI to fix our bias problem. Like that is just so moronic. That is just it's like it's like saying I haven't paid my taxes. I'll get the terminator to blow up the ATO. Like it is just so so dumb and so so dangerous because of course, what does then happen if someone gets hold of the AI algorithm makes that bias too or against.
Speaker 5: Well, we already know how biased the AI algorithm is. We did plenty of stories on Earth. Say something good about Biden, and it would wax lyrical, say something good about Trump, Sorry, you can't do that. Nothing good to say about that guy, and so on and so forth.
Speaker 6: So we already know that this is more.
Speaker 1: This is a problem that is very very obvious and very very easy for human beings to solve. Throwing their hands in the hand, said there's nothing we can possibly do. We better hire a robot to be that. The bias ometter is just the most knuckle draggingly stupid, prehistoric Neuanderthal response, And that's insulting to the Anthals because are actually a lot more advanced people think and into bread. Homo sapien.
Speaker 4: The easiest way for him to solve this would simply be to sack almost all of his stuff.
Speaker 3: Some actual journalists.
Speaker 1: Along with the Democrats, other than people who are.
Speaker 4: Trying to turn the La Times into a lefty blog. If you want to know just how biased the staff on the paper were. When the owner announced they would have a bias meter to ensure balance, a whole lot of them resigned live.
Speaker 1: Crying room.
Speaker 5: We have the majority. They can't all leave anyway. It's a bit like our ABC. You know, Jim Williams takes the post and we're not going to be biased anymore. There will be no bias in my ABC. Of course, absolutely nothing's changed. But yeah, I mean, these things don't work from the top down. You've got to gut the place otherwise it's going to stay the same. Saying in the US now forever, chemicals know how much I love to bash on about pfast called forever chemicals, because they don't break down in the environment and they don't break down in your body. There's a good reason why America estimates it spends two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on the health side effects of people consuming p fast day in, day out.
Speaker 6: They're in your franken food.
Speaker 5: They're in your tooth floss, They're in your feminine hygiene products, ladies. They are in your band aids, ladies, and gentlemen, they are in your cooking epilimbat So, even if you're doing your best to steer clear of p fast, if you're cooking a nutritional meal in.
Speaker 6: That beautiful teflon coated.
Speaker 5: Pen, guess what pea fast anyway, America is getting ahead of the game now. The EPA has changed a very important rule earlier this month, and under the updated rule, manufacturers must provide detailed info regarding a chemicals uses, exposure potential, and health side effects before approval, which begs the question, how was this not a thing already we read?
Speaker 2: Today?
Speaker 5: The Environmental Protection Agency updated regulations on December third that will prevent p fas, often referred to as forever chemicals from being fast tracked for approval through an exemption process pfas a family of forever chemicals. There's actually fourteen thousand chemicals in said family, used in a variety of products, are known to resist breaking down and therefore persist in the environment.
Speaker 6: They have also been.
Speaker 5: Linked to serious health problems, which is in reference to some cancers, kidney issues, fertility issues, and the list wears long. So it's great to see the EPA doing this.
Speaker 6: I have a theory that.
Speaker 5: The reason why they're acting on this now is because they know RFK Junior has just been made head of the Federal Health Agency and this is the kind of thing that he has knives out for. So they're like, before the Trump administration gets in and puts their boot on our face, we're going to be seen to do something about this. But I just few things make me as furious as something like this, Because you have known about it for decades, you know it's making people sick. You're doing absolutely nothing about it because it would mean pulling rank on the corporates, pushing out products that are using these chemicals they could use something else. This is the twenty first century, As this article says, the EPA says, oh, this will force manufacturers to be innovative. Yeah, you could have done that sooner, but you don't give a rip about people's everyday health, do you. So Thankfully the EPA is finally doing something about it, and here's hoping Australia won't be too far behind. I'm literally running out of breath, feel the passion.
Speaker 4: If you're right that the EPA are doing this in response to JFKR JFK.
Speaker 2: That'd be amazing.
Speaker 4: Experim taking all of these issues. Then it would be another example of how the Trump presidency is not just going to be good for America, but maybe even for the rest.
Speaker 1: Of It's Madden and diplomacy. It's like, these guys are so crazy, we better all just behave ourselves and do what they say.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, crazy, trying to get on with that.
Speaker 1: But this is why has released HESBLA, has reached a sixty day cease fire with Israel. Hamas has been rebelized. Iran is now thinking, oh, maybe we to just back off a bit. Peuton and Zelensky look like they might actually crack a deal because you know, they know that you knowing.
Speaker 4: The other the other area too that hopefully Trump will influence and that's energy policy. God knows, we need to get some common sense.
Speaker 1: Maybe the APA can crack down on those fossil fuel companies that are Peter Dutton is.
Speaker 4: To announce his nuclear policy later this week, but the CSIRO, oh well they've gone early. Dutton hasn't yet released the policy, but the CSIRO have decided no, it'll be too expensive and too slow. Peter Dutton is confounded how they could know this when, as I said, he's not yet released his policy.
Speaker 7: The assumptions and the methodology have been disputed before, disputed before, and do you know what, they haven't even seen our plan yet and yet they're out bagging it. It just looks to me like there's a heavy hand of Chris Bowen and all of this.
Speaker 4: I like the way Peter Dutton got stuck into the CSIRO and Chris Bowen all in.
Speaker 1: This one head. Chris Muller, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Right, It's amazing what strong leadership can do. He's not mincing his words here. He's been accused of being Trump esque. This is supposed to be a sledge by the mainstream media, and I keep going, oh mate, you've already sold me I'm already.
Speaker 6: Voting for him. It's fine.
Speaker 5: But the more we see of this kind of strong leadership where they're not mincing their words, they're just saying it as it is, people gravitate toward that.
Speaker 6: Even if they don't like the.
Speaker 5: Person, they respect the leadership, and that is not I've not seen Alban easy speak that definitively to anything in his entire term, except for maybe trying to berate everyone into voting yes for his hobby horse, the Voice.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: The other irony here is Frontier Economics, who costed the government's current energy plan and said it's going to be five times more expensive than what the government have claimed. And then Chris Bowen is like, ah, Frontier Economics, they're just you know, working on behalf of the Liberals. Then it turns out that the government themselves, in fact, Chris Bowen's own department has used Frontier Economics on two occasions and paid them will over a million dollars report.
Speaker 1: Everyone knows the economic model, and you can basically just ask the model what you or tell the bottle of what you want to get, and that will achieve it. And that's how they get business. And you know it all depends on your input. So you know what you can put in, and you can sort of, you know, estimate things at the higher end here if you want them to be too expensive. With the lower end here you want it to be more cost effective. So that happens all the time. But I do just I just love the fact I reckon they've done a massive favor to the government by saying it's going to be five times more expensive, because eventually the cost will blow outs. See it's only twice as expensive. Good point.
Speaker 3: We're going to go to a break.
Speaker 4: When we come back, we'll look at what's making news tomorrow, including warnings that AI risks one in three Australians losing their jobs in the next decade.
Speaker 3: That's coming up in just a moment.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 4: Let's take a look at what's making news in tomorrow's papers. We'll start with the front page of tomorrow's Herald's Son. It's a pretty good front page tomorrow. There's a few good stories there.
Speaker 1: Now because the Daily Telegraph, we'll get to your paper for the second Joe.
Speaker 4: But on the Herald's Sudden the main headline says evil has nowhere to hide. Counter terrorism detectives are hunting three sus all considered flight risks over Friday's arson attack on the Addas Israel Synagogue in Melbourne's Inner Southeast. Now, police aren't giving too much away, other than to say that they are aware of three people. They're not saying whether or not they know who these people are, though they're saying, as I read, there are flight risks. They're not ruling out foreign interference in that attack, nor are they ruling out that the arsonists may have had guns. Although the bullet that was found at the scene is not believed to have been connected with the arson.
Speaker 3: We've talked about already.
Speaker 1: Bullet casing was rusty, which is an indication that perhaps it wasn't a particularly recent piece of correctistics evidence.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's where that investigation has headed. Listen, do you want to comment or shall we move on?
Speaker 6: Let's move on. We've got lots of stories, all right.
Speaker 4: Dutton Unified on Flag is the other headline on the Herald's sun front page. Peter Dutton says flying the Abriiginal flag and torres straight on under flags alongside the Aussie flag is quote dividing our country unnecessarily and the opposition leader has said he will only stand in front of the Australian national flag when giving press conferences social functions if he is elected Prime minister. Now I've got to give credit to our Sky News colleague Peter Credlin because Dutton made these comments on sky News this evening. It's making front page tomorrow. So as always if you want to know tomorrow's news, what Sky News today.
Speaker 2: Good move by Peter Dutton.
Speaker 6: I love this.
Speaker 5: The amount of times I see those three jolly flags.
Speaker 6: It chafes my soul. We are one nation.
Speaker 5: This is a government who didn't they start this is the whole three flags thing. This was not a Morrison government thing. They're the ones who has gone from two to three. This has got to stop. And I love that. This is a guy running for the highest office in the land and he's saying it will end with me.
Speaker 1: Know he's not going to stand in front of them. He's not going to I don't think he's going to change it anywhere. Know that.
Speaker 5: You don't know that if he's just open.
Speaker 1: The door for the chaser or whoever does this is nowadays that would just be following him from press conference to press conference, holding other flags and try to.
Speaker 4: Create people care about the chaser. We'll find it hilarious. The third great story on the front page of tomorrow's Herald's son fifty nine VCE exams leaked.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Two weeks ago it was reported that there were fifty six Victorian Year twelve exams that have been leaked. Now that number is up to fifty nine. I should point out that's fifty nine out of one hundred and sixty.
Speaker 3: Exams that as compromised.
Speaker 4: How does the Education minister in Victoria still have a job after a debarker.
Speaker 1: Like that, Well, I believe the minister is feeling very testy, very.
Speaker 6: Good, hilarious. That is a file start to the front page of the Odds.
Speaker 5: Now one in three jobs at serious risk in a revolution tell us something.
Speaker 6: We don't already know.
Speaker 5: More than thirty percent of the workforce could be disrupted by the rapid uptake of artificial intelligence over the next five years without policy intervention, says a new report that warms that warns rather that the Australian economy was poorly equipped to deal with the next industrial shock.
Speaker 1: Well, well, well, the fact checker at the La Times must be pretty nervous. Sorry, the fact checker at the La Times. Let's be pretty.
Speaker 6: If you weren't here earlier.
Speaker 5: We were talking about the fact that the fact checker at the La Times is going to be AI. But certainly there's any number of jobs that even now can be replaced very easily by AI. I noticed Elon Musk was trophing his driverless car today and talking about how this is this is just going to be common. There's going to be millions of these buzzing around twenty four to seven. You need a lyft, you need a ride, you need an uber or taxi, et cetera, and so on, or you just want to own one yourself, jump in your car and spend the time reading instead of driving. And my immediate thought was these would put millions of people out of work just like that. And it's like no thought is going into that whatsoever.
Speaker 6: And that's just one industry.
Speaker 5: That's to say nothing of the comms jobs that the list wears.
Speaker 1: Long and the already for trains in Sydney. Yeah, the METROC.
Speaker 4: The article goes on to say Australia in particular is ill suited to the AI revolution because so many of our jobs are in the service industry, which can be done by AI, or in the knowledge industry, which can also be done much quicker by computing very than by human mind, journalism, jogulate and interventions.
Speaker 1: Thank god, No, I will never replace jirals.
Speaker 10: Let's go already have jo already has telegraph, telegraph anything to just you know, brush aside the greatest newspaper on earth, honestly, and this is an amazing day and you would have heard about it.
Speaker 1: But Dawn Fraser has had a nasty four and she's in hospital with some serious injuries, including a broken rib and four ribs. And Dawn, obviously there's an absolute hero and icon for many Australians and everyone's thoughts with her. I think this has taken a lot of people by surprise, even though she was well into her eighties eighty seven, the you go. She's so sort of tough, still very outspoken. She calls a spade a spade, and the idea that she's human and mortal just like the rest of us.
Speaker 5: Where does the.
Speaker 6: Media get off though?
Speaker 5: Give an elderly woman some jolly privacy, I don't very much.
Speaker 6: She likes the fact that she's on the.
Speaker 5: Front of how many papers tomorrow she might it's a nice photo.
Speaker 2: Waited until she was out of intensive care.
Speaker 3: So she's on the MIT. It's going to be all right.
Speaker 2: So we have thoughts and prayers with her.
Speaker 3: What's wrong?
Speaker 6: From the basic decency, I don't know.
Speaker 1: People care about what happens. That's what happens when you're a public figure. People care.
Speaker 6: We just defending your paper.
Speaker 1: Depending every paper in the country that's going to run the story, well.
Speaker 5: There's too many of them in my opinion, give us some privacy.
Speaker 4: All right, Let's go to the front page of the Canberra Times. An extraordinary story there. Extremely disturbing reads the headline, and it is the Territory Government is looking into concerning reports that would be an understatement that Legal Aid Act employed a convicted child sex offender despite requirements for a police check. Now this story was uncovered by the Canberra Times. They revealed that the government funded legal service had employed a criminal practice paralegal three years after he was sentenced for child abuse material related crimes. Could you imagine if you had gone to the officials with allegations of sexual abuse and found out that one of the people responsible for helping with your case as a convicted sex offender who then has access to personal and sensitive material. It's astonishing even true that this was allowed to happen.
Speaker 1: Although this was just legal aid. I mean, how are they supposed to know the legal history of.
Speaker 2: Must have been incredibly child check defender.
Speaker 1: It's not like you know either a bunch of lawyers or any thing.
Speaker 3: There you go, all right, Joe Wright.
Speaker 1: Story on Earth and again, these these are the times when you will you will ask yourself in the future. Why wasn't I told. I'll tell you because you did not listen. You were not watching the late debate on Sky News, and you did not realize that the ground is literally disappearing between our feet. Wake up, sheeple, sinking feeling, reads the headline of the Gala Coase Building Union urges maintenance boost or worn surfers. Footpath explosion injuring woman will reoccur. A footpath explosion. Those two words are not supposed to go together. An underground explosion on a busy stretch of Gold Coast footpath swallowing and injuring a woman in surfer's paradise above. She wasn't above at the time of the incident. I'll tell you that much. We'll reoccur, potentially kill our Southeast a Queensland's electricity network. If a union climbs, well, obviously ourions are going to Climbion's going to climb. But how on the footpath swallowed her up? Exploder swallower up? The last time I saw that was Superman three? Or a sinkhole or a sinkholes? This is the thing. How long have sinkhole's been going on and the government's just been keeping them quiet? Look into that with your pfast inquiries.
Speaker 3: Not going to help tourism on the gold goes.
Speaker 1: That's for sure.
Speaker 4: We're going to go to a break when we come back. Breakdancer Reagun has claimed legal ownership.
Speaker 3: Of the Kangaroo Hop that's coming up in a month.
Speaker 4: Well, all of Australia will remember Rachel Gunn, the Macquarie University lecturer turned Paris Olympian, for her astonishing breakdancing performance earlier in the year. Of course, she was widely ridiculed for the performance because it was so hilarious. In fact, it was so hilarious that Australian comedian Steph Broadbridge thought, you know what, it could make a good musical and so on Saturday Gone there was meant to be in Sydney the premiere of Raygun the Musical, but literally hours before it was to be performed, Stephanie Broadbridge, the comedian, got contacted by Raygun's lawyers saying if the musical went ahead, they would be sued because apparently Raygun owns the Kangaroo Hop. That's right, the kangaroo dance moves belong to Rachel Gunn. Here's the performer explaining how her musical was not allowed to go ahead.
Speaker 11: They also said, I wasn't allowed to do the dance because she owns the kangaroo dance. That one did puzzle me. I mean that's an Olympic level dance. How would I possibly be able to do that without any formal breakdown training.
Speaker 2: So you can't own the Kangaroo Hop, can you?
Speaker 1: No? Absolutely not. No, I can't afford it. I can't afford it. I can't afford the risk.
Speaker 3: She's a little sensitive. Still, this is the thing.
Speaker 1: This is why, like everyone said, ah, she's taking the pier. So this is some big sort of meta kind of thing about where she'll do something create this huge cultural global moment, which is what she lectures and writes about in there, interminable, impenetrable essays. I think that's I'm worried about it. I do not think there's I think she's I do not think she's functioning. I think she's really Yeah, anyway, that's my diagnosis to France.
Speaker 5: Now where the handshake battle between President Donald Trump and France's Immanuel Macron has continued now that.
Speaker 6: He is president elect.
Speaker 2: Check this out.
Speaker 5: Here's the footage of them greeting each other at the reopening of Not for Dame on the weekend. You can see that second count in the corner there. This one goes for I don't mean to spoil it for you, but seventeen seconds point, are they just holding hands?
Speaker 6: That's what That's what I want to know.
Speaker 1: But he's touching over to you.
Speaker 5: He has had nothing on their twenty nine second handshake, which took place during Trump's first term. I mean, I'm not sure if that's a handshake. That's a hostage situation, right. I love this power move of dominance he does where he keeps patting mccron's hand like he's a little boy.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry for Mark Latham. How do I lose election for the handshake I gave? Howard when Trump does these ones.
Speaker 1: But these are friendly handshakes. They almost their borderline inappropriate handcase.
Speaker 3: So they.
Speaker 1: On to him. That's amazing, all the.
Speaker 5: Their previous record, but still seventeen seconds.
Speaker 4: Tell you for a fascist and a dictator and a hitler, he's very friendly. That's all we've got time for tonight, but stick around. Coming up in just a moment is the Reader Penney Show.
Speaker 3: Good Night,