Speaker 1: Hello, Welcome to Dawley Telegraph Funeral podcast doc Brent Reid johned By for ten two Pam Wyley, it's Origin week. We're all pumped. You've been up there. You spent a bit of time with the Blues, didn't you. That was a up there. Apart from cold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was very cold.
Speaker 3: That was the running theme amongst everybody there.
Speaker 2: It was good. It was good. I felt like they.
Speaker 3: He can be a bit tense.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 3: He was fine to deal with.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: The players were very buoyed. They looked confident, They seemed happy. There was definitely like I don't know if you I would agree with this because you've covered a lot of camps as well. It felt different. The vibe around the players felt different. They didn't feel I as a journo, which has happened in the past because.
Speaker 2: Of how bad it.
Speaker 3: You know, recent history for the Blues has been in Origin you feel like the outsider, like the bad guy, where he didn't necessarily get that feeling in camp this time around. So, but I think that has a lot to do with In the past, I felt like players were just going through the motions coming into Origin camp, whereas I think this group of guys actually are enjoying being there.
Speaker 1: You get a field for all when you weren't up.
Speaker 2: There, No, I wasn't No, but have been around some media sessions and stuff like that. I think that they all seem pretty confident. They seem like they're really tired kind of group. I'm excited. I think you should, you know, watch out land in Queensland now they didn't yesterday yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they'll get the usual greeting up there. They'll get smashed past Queenslanders and sure, knowing mad she'll circle of wagons and fire them up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you going up?
Speaker 1: I'm going to have Tuesday, right, Yeah, Tuesday.
Speaker 2: So what's your travel erin over the next week?
Speaker 1: Up there? Tuesday? Back Thursday, Harris Monday.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Much better trip if the series fools the right way. Hey, as a new Soul Wells person, obviously they got a really poor record up there. I think there was six of their past seven at sun Corpse Stad even think it's like eleven of the past thirteen and I've lost and generally that grounds we call it the graveyard right in the cauldroom because of the atmosphere and it's it's going to it's obviously a sellout. They got a team Queen's end. That's stinging a bit what you're feeling. You're confident.
Speaker 2: Because of all that history. It gives you a little bit of You've got to be a little bit wary, right, You've got to be, you know, hold back a little bit on that some of that confidence. I think that this is a pretty good chance though. I think we're we're with a pretty good chance to win up there. I think, if not now when I think, I do believe that these this group of players can do it. I like the team, obviously, love what they did in Game two, and I just think there's just an energy about them that is really steely.
Speaker 3: At the moment I was gonna say, I could be wrong, but the two series that they didn't went up there, they lost in game one and then rebounded in game two. So so that's something.
Speaker 1: As well.
Speaker 3: The news that Bradman Best got through. He didn't train until Wednesday, and I mean didn't train. He did some warming up, they put his hamstring to the test the first couple of days that he was in strapping. The on the Wednesday was off by the Thursday. And then one interesting thing that you know, Madge is really meticulous and people talk about how Billy's meticulous, but I think Madge is just as meticulous. And they actually got a DJ in to to play.
Speaker 2: Crowd noise and drama.
Speaker 1: Crowd noise.
Speaker 3: It was literally crowd noise to emulate that environment.
Speaker 1: It was a dead send of dejails around.
Speaker 2: There was that.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 2: There was somebody there, yeah, with a couple of decks. Who was who was? He was just playing like ra warren.
Speaker 3: So and I joked whether you know they were going to be playing sledges through the speakers, and Frank's like Frank, their team manager, was like no, no, initially he how loud was it was. So this was when their first contact session against Saint Mary's started and I forgot a coffee cup on the ground and I hate to litter. So we had been kicked out and I thought I better go get that coffee cup because it had my name on it as well, so they were going to know that I was the person who left it, and so as I was walking in, it was just the noise just sort of hit you and you can hear the cheering and they're trying to like, you know, grilled me out of there, so I don't see or hear anything, but yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: That was a clever move, but you could a little.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and I think I did here.
Speaker 3: You know, through the through the really loud crowd noise, there was drums. I kind of heard some calls as well, and I think that's what that was.
Speaker 1: Drums at sun called.
Speaker 2: I did notice that.
Speaker 3: I think it was just just to prepare themselves for how loud it was going to be and to make sure that their communication is on point. So yeah, I thought that was an interesting addition. I don't think I don't know if Freddie has done that in the past, but.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure at some point. I don't anything can prepare you for some call. I don't think listening to some loud music or loud cheering can prepare for what we'll greet them at some call. Because Hurricane it's going to be really fun. Well it always is, right, it's and it's always loud, and you can't hear yourself think out there out there from what the players tell us. So you know, I like the concept, but I'm not sure that you know when you run out and that wall of noise hits you, yea and they're just giving it to you, and they will be just giving it to them. Whether anything prepared for that, but some of these guys have been through it obviously. Spoke to Angus the other day in Angus Crichton and he's one up there in that atmosphere.
Speaker 3: So guys want a Grand Final up there. I know that's different, but they have achieved big things, so.
Speaker 1: You know they've got that on their side. But will it be enough?
Speaker 2: This is so yeah, I don't know whether it well, I don't know whether it will be enough some of those guys, even guys like you know, Mitch Moses, who has so is going to have so much on his plate and after having such a good game in Game two down in Melbourne to come up here and he's the guy, right, there's always so much pressure in the halfbacks to be able to deliver, and you know, win or lose, the result kind of rests on them a lot of the time, whether that's fair or not. But yeah, I think someone like him might get a little bit of a shock, but he seems like the kind of person you could handle it too.
Speaker 1: I think he loves it. What about the the the ankst between the two teams. There's been a little bit going on with Madge and Madge is now in the Gordy tell Us and Gordon's return Serve. There's obviously all the talk about Queens and he bullied and bashed and in game two, and yeah, I think they were. I think it's pretty clear they were. And they need someone to stand up in this game. I think that's that's the key for them. Need someone to sort of sort of return serve, return fire. I think that's for me, that's almost their biggest issue, finding someone to do that. You've got guys, it's really going to come down to Lindsay Commons and Paddy Carrigan and those guys because they're capable of it. But they just got bullied. They need to respond to Leam Martin and Angus Crichton.
Speaker 3: And just Leny that game he played against the Dragons where he looked like a madman running from the back fence. And but that's going to be the biggest thing for both of the sides. So whether whether the Blues can maintain that physicality and intense city yeah, and whether the Morones can match it. But you know, it's funny because we spoke about this idea that the Blues bullied them, and they did bully them, but interestingly it was talking about the tension and the angst. None of the players, at least in camp during the week, wanted to buy into that narrative that they had bullied them, and I thought that was really interesting. I wonder whether it was because they were cautious not to give any the Marones any ammunition. And I think Corey Parker during the week came out and said he just wants, you know, if it means ten minutes in the bin, you know, belt someone put one on someone's chin and the rest of it. And we put that to some of the players and they just went buying into it at all.
Speaker 1: Dane Gago has obviously got some form in origin for for standing up for himself.
Speaker 2: Is a gag over Best.
Speaker 3: I think it might be, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think it would be. Yeah. Well the obviously sides of club Land, so yeah that yeah, they will come up against each other. So Latrell is a huge out for Brown. It's a good form obviously. That hand many problems in terms of Queensland po the ponger on the bench experiment, and I don't think anyone knows how he's going to play. Our suspective, come on and reprise that role he's played before. It's just in the middle of the field and floating around, and how do you think that how do you think that will play out? Having Walsh and pomer on the field at the same time.
Speaker 2: I think that's the scariest thing, right for a New South Wales fan. I think that not knowing how he's going to play, and obviously New South Wales don't really know either. They can have their best guess. I'm sure they're very curious to find out. But yeah, that's that's the scariest thing because we know how he likes to play. He just likes to swing around and just pop up he can. He's a really good decoy as well, so if he's if he's just lingering there, that's where the defense puts their attention because they're afraid of him what he can do.
Speaker 3: They're going to have to divide their attention between Reese, Walsh and Ponger for sure. And I think that's of all the changes that Billy made, I think that's the one that scares the most. And I think from from how they trained during the week, Ponga sort of did come on in that sort of that middle middle role and worked sort of on the It was the what did I have here on the left side of the field, we didn't and Walsh on the right side of the field with d C.
Speaker 2: So that's a too.
Speaker 1: Pronged to pass it on the match giving.
Speaker 2: He's a listener of the podcast, so my down.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's that's huge, that that's that's a massive threat. But I do feel like, you know, the Blues have their own sort of X factor players in guys like Pride and in guys like Best.
Speaker 1: You know, sol I used KP because I'm so glad to see him back playing Origin and you know, one game back from long term injury, and Billy didn't didn't hesitate, and I think this was this was the way Billy wanted it. Before the series began, there are all these whispers that he was going to pick Calen Pong on the bench, and obviously Carlen got injured and so when Cobbo filled that role in game won. But when he's played that role off the bench Calen previously for Queens and he's been outstanding. And the pair of them on the field, Reese and Carlen at the same time, and that's a really exciting proposition. But you want to be in the game. I think Queen's got to make sure they start well so they can bring on Cale and either when the game's in the balance or when they're in front, and then you can just unleash him. He's a bit of a way when you chase some points. I suppose as well, he could be handy, but if you're not dominant, he's going he's going to find it hard make an imprint on the game. So that's why that forward pack I reckon for Queens and just needs to They just need to aim up because they didn't aim up the game.
Speaker 2: Two, did they make a mistake not picking I would.
Speaker 1: Have picked Dave, but Billions obviously go to I didn't think I thought Dave in the game before the team was picked. I came remember they player was a cron I didn't think Dave put his hand up and demanded to be picked. I thought he had a quiet game by his standards this season, but I still would have picked him. I mean, it's such an intimidating well, it's just such a big body, and I reckon they lacked a bit of that. They did that threat in Origin too, but they just you know, I think the starts. The starts always crucial in Origin, but it's huge in this game because you said, well, I need to take the crowd out of the game and acquenting and start, Well, you know that crowd is going to be up and about and then it's just going louder and more intimidating than you said. Wow, So the first twenty minutes is just monumental in this game.
Speaker 2: I reckon, where does a decider at Suncorps sit on your list of favorite sporting.
Speaker 1: Events well as in globally.
Speaker 2: That you go to that you cover.
Speaker 1: I love I love Decided as Uncle, but I mean I went to the maths last year. You can't top the US lasting August is pretty amazing. So the rugby league equivalent of it gust to national sum.
Speaker 3: Anybody's ever compared rugby league and Gusta.
Speaker 1: I saw your same boltwin gold medals.
Speaker 2: So it's you're saying, it's no, it's.
Speaker 1: Rugby league nirvana. But I reckon in the sporting you know, in the in the world sporting nirvana, it's it's sort of parallel with those other two. I reckon.
Speaker 2: So it's equal to yeah, maybe we're going to say that in rugby league nothing, but is it in the top five.
Speaker 1: It's been the top five decided a sun Yeah, I reckon even you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, women would have to acknowledge that. You have to think about.
Speaker 1: It's not but the side of it. Sun Corps unbelievable because it's crazy that it's just going off and it's an experience, right, I mean you walk down Catston Street, people are spilling over every who.
Speaker 2: It's the best.
Speaker 3: They should let Madge take the bus down Caxon Street.
Speaker 1: It's a health hazard. Apparently they tip the bus over the lunatics. At least they got rid of the old days used to throw the cans at the bus. It's all plastic cups now, right.
Speaker 2: So at least yeah, yeah, you'd be safe. At least give us a tip.
Speaker 1: What do you think? Bye?
Speaker 3: I think I went by ten this morning.
Speaker 2: And I have to send my tips through actually to mobs. I'm going to go New South Wales by.
Speaker 1: Two, Queensland by twenty.
Speaker 3: I'm just going to say.
Speaker 2: The favorite to the book is surprised.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I can Yeah, I know they could get blasted last game. Yeah, but Trells, d Wells and s Corp Stadium. It's obviously what it is, right and the past seven man the match only reach I think has been pretty quietness where they got knocked down in game one, but it was pretty quiet game too. So there you go. The match.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think I went with Mitch.
Speaker 2: If you have to win, he's got to be the guy. I hadn't thought about it. Let's go, we'll go Angus Crichton.
Speaker 1: Player the series well Angers would player the series player the match?
Speaker 2: Well, Mitch?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well off Queens And when I don't know who's their player of the series, it's hard to call. Maybe d C just he's been very good d club football, let's go back to club footy. We'll start a parapa. It's a bit going on there at the moment. Obviously, Jason Rowle has been ringing around all the players, just trying to calm the farm a little bit because there's been a bit, a little bit of instability around Paramatta and Roles. He's been ringing around just trying to trying to reassure them about the club's direction. Okay, and obviously the story has come out that he might be with him sooner rather than later in some capacity won't be coaching them, but you know, he's obviously at Melbourne at the moment. Do we like that idea that Jason is free to focus on power.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so. I mean he has a coaching consultant role at Melbourne, so like's not instant's none.
Speaker 2: Assistant, but obviously he plays it.
Speaker 3: He plays a role, but a role where they could probably you know, you know, Melbourne don't need him to be there essentially and Para do. That's the reality of the situation, just as long as I think there are clear lines between that. You know, Trent Barrett is still the interim coach for the rest of the year because you talk about the instability, that's only going to create more instability at least internally. But I think for the players who are obviously for a roster that has been really disappointing this year, knowing that Rolesey's presence is there, you know from we were.
Speaker 2: Just question did you burst and the tears if you're on the end of that, I think I would.
Speaker 3: I remember sitting in Kama which Grand Final. It was in the press box right next to Craig and it was intense anyway, just rolese his presence there, even though technically he's not going to be coaching the team this year. I think they probably need it from a morale point of view, because where the side is at the moment, it's not good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I think I mean trend boarder of good mates as well. We've known each other a long time, so I'm sure that there won't be an issue there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so too. But I think he's going to need as much time as possible to get a grasp on the situation. They're at Paramatta two. All of those players that he's going to have to get to know that are going to be super important for them to have success over next season and beyond, And the sooner he can get a start on that, the better. I spoke to wespect to Clint Guthson the other day and he hadn't I think it was the day after he was appointed coach and they hadn't spoken yet, but he was saying how he's just kind of ready to do anything because he knows his job is kind of on the line too. He's off contract at the end of next year. I think it is same with a fair few of those players as well as well. He said the same thing. They're very well aware that their jobs are on the line and there needs to be changes. There's got to be change. There's got to be a change in style. There's got to be something something change because it's not working.
Speaker 1: Obviously, he's obviously one of those goals. And the suggestion that maybe a move from fullback next year because they've been looking looking for a bit more speed and youth. I guess at the back when.
Speaker 2: He said he wants to do like, he would be happy to do that. He wants to do that if that's what if someone wants to putting there.
Speaker 1: A little bit depends on this guy, right, Blaze ta Lungy, who's sure off contract and take up his option free to hit there. He's talking, He's out there exploring the open market at the moment, and that's he's spoken. Blaze he was. I think he had a plan meeting with them. I can't remember if it went ahead, but the dragons are in for him.
Speaker 4: There'd be a lot of yeah, the roles he's spoken of, and I think he really wants to keep him, so he's a real priority for him, and I imagine if he's leaves the Storm and he's in.
Speaker 1: At Para, that'll be one of his real focuses on trying to convince Blaze to l to Lung. It's the right place to be. But he's a Para kid, right, Blaze came through the system.
Speaker 2: I think he wants to stay there. I think if it's the right situation, that that's what he wants to do.
Speaker 1: It's intriguing because his younger brother made this stround school boys too, right, it's a long the other day. So you know, if you can keep Blaze, I managine you keep writer as well. So it's important they keep those sort of guys, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, Well that's the thing they've They've Para have put quite a bit of work into their local juniors. You know, they have numbers wise, they have a nursery that's sought not as big as Penrith but close to and they haven't had that same success. And they've already lost Ethan Sanders to Canberra, who was part of that sort of group that came through. So you know, we seen Charlie Geimer come through, Arthur come through, and obviously like Blaze is the I guess the cream of the crop of that bunch, and you know, all of a sudden you can't keep one and then you know, so, yeah, he is absolutely important for them. And just like on Gutho, potentially moving position. So he's managed a knee injury all year that's been a little bit like troublesome for him. So and he sort of concedes that he's at a point in his career, especially managing his body and injury and the rest of it, he's had to pull back a bit. So maybe you know, he does so much work at fullback, maybe moving into the into the centers relieve some of that workload a little bit. But I think people underestimate, like you talk about X factor not having speed or the rest of it, I think people underestimate how much work Gotho actually does for that footy team from from the back. You know, his effort areas his defense. I don't know whether you know whether.
Speaker 1: Pensini obviously as well. I means Zamax the winger now is that official? We officially well.
Speaker 3: Zach Lomax will play wherever the coach needs him.
Speaker 2: Well, he'll be on the see this season. He has been amazing.
Speaker 3: He want to be a full bath. I because I feel like the fullback situation was not a promise, but something that was discussed as part of trying to convince him to stay when Brad Arthur was there. Whether it was something designed by him and his manager and his family, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know the intricacy intricacies of the conversations.
Speaker 3: But because it's not six and seven, right, as long as I think he's obviously played a bit of six and.
Speaker 1: Dylan Brown, well, he's only got what he got a year, he's got a year to two years to go. I think Dylan Brown with your player options after two years. Right, So there's lots of rumors around about him at the moment, lots of whispers about Dylan Brown, and it was obviously really close to Brad, right, So.
Speaker 3: Have to see how that used to joke that you know, Dylan was Brad's favorite son.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh well, speaking of favorite sons, I'll tell your favorite Sunday's under a bit of pumped Kevy Walters at the Broncos, the Great Kevy they've lost now is it six and they've lost?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: The Bronx they're in all sorts play. They need. I think they had to win six their last seven or something to even have a.
Speaker 3: Hope and made buy but six of their last seven.
Speaker 1: And they just got obviously a lot of players missing and have had for a while. But you know, they were all Look, they started that game on on Saturday night. They were awful against the Dragons, fought back in the second half, got a bit of respectability of the score line, but they didn't deserve to be in the game in the end because they just played terribly. And Kevy blew a gasket afterwards obviously had had he say and walked out the dressing sheds, and they're pretty upset in the press conference. There's seasons, but are they gone? What are you guys are declaring them gone or what?
Speaker 3: I know? I think so it's four points out of the eight at the moment if I remember correctly, and they do have a buy in hand. But I've got the Knights, which you know have been indifferent this year, Dogs, which is not going to be easy. The Titans are all of a sudden of form, The Cowboys aren't going to be easy. The Eels and Dolphins in the storm right now, they're not playing.
Speaker 1: And I'm know rest last round that might help them.
Speaker 3: Maybe, but are they going to win six out of those seven at the moment, even with you know, all their origin players back Adam Reynolds back in two three weeks around twenty two, I think three a month, it doesn't look like they don't look even when they're at full strength, they don't look like the team that was a genuine contender last year and went all the way to the Grand Final. And there's been a lot of talk just about the way they're playing this year. You know that there's that, you know, the energies off, the attitudes after defense is a problem. You know, when when their attack is on fire, they've just got so much strike, you know. But it just hasn't been there this year. And yes they've had injuries yet they have you know, origin to deal with, but so do other teams, the best teams.
Speaker 2: This is one of the games where you know, the Dragons are missing their two best players. The Bronco is obviously missing a fair fair chunk of their origin players as well, which are in turn they're also their best players. But if they were fired income this is again they should have won.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, they're capable of getting a run and winning six out of seven, but not the way they're playing them, Not the way they've played for the past two months have just been diabolical. Ye Should Kevy be if they missed the finals? Should Kevy be under pressure?
Speaker 3: It's so hard because it was only twelve months ago that they made a Grand Final and with a whisker of beating Penrith. And it's such a good roster when you it is, it's a really good roster, like when you look on paper run from like Reese Walsh to Ezra Man, Adam Reynolds, Paint Hass, Pat Carrigan, there's so much good.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a good roster. So's yeah, I don't think so. I think he should. He deserves some credit for having got them to a Grand Final. I think you see this happen a bit though, right, Like teams make a Grand Final and I don't think there's enough appreciation for how actually difficult that is to get there. And then the great teams are competing for Grand Finals, competing competing for premierships every year. You know Melbourne and Panreth now as well the Roosters, but even so, to be able to do that year on year is bloody hard, so.
Speaker 1: Undermens pressure.
Speaker 2: Then next year then here then they've got to do something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's where I was going with the the roster point, like that roster is so good, you almost give him one more year. Be if we the knives come out, because it might just be off year. And as Pam said, as like when you're in, when you're the Broncos after making the Grand Final, they probably you know, their egos probably got a bit too big. That might have an impact on it. But that's also you know, coaching and people management as well. So yeah, you know, I wouldn't say that the knives are out for Kevy at the moment. You definitely give with that roster, you give him twelve more months. But yeah, if they miss the final, they're probably a bigger disappointment than parap. Yeah, missing the finals this year.
Speaker 2: So should we have a look at the ladder and see who we think is going to so in the top eight at the moment obviously Melbourne, Penrith, Roosters, Sharks, Bulldogs, Dolphins, Manly and Cowboys. Anyone there that you'd think is not going to be there.
Speaker 1: I think nothing, man, You'll make it. Now they've got a really good run home. Actually, so I think Manly will be there. Think that I think you're going to the table's deceiving, right.
Speaker 2: You got yeah? Right? And points Yeah, because.
Speaker 1: I think the Cowboys have had nine. They've had nine wins as n W.
Speaker 2: So the Dolphins, Seagulls, Cowboys and Dragons and Bulldogs have all had nine. Okay, yeah, nights about eight and then Raiders, Warriors, Broncos have had seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, the Broncos are going to get in. I think the most likely team of squeeze past. Maybe it's the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: It could be the Cowboys. Maybe Cowboys, the Dolphins, the Dolphins. Dolphins, Yeah, Dolphins don't have any buyers left.
Speaker 1: Problems and stuff. Yeah, the missing players they're actually, you're right. The Dolphins is probably the most vulnerable team.
Speaker 2: They pay, they play, is not going.
Speaker 1: To make the top eight. The Westgers. I didn't see a lot of this game. I did read the report. They were apparently dieabolical. The West targets on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Zero commitment Yeah, yeah, bad, just no no going them? Yeah no, I don't know stop didn't they ever?
Speaker 3: I actually read about this in the Tackle and I and I put it all back on the immortal Andrew Johns, because if anybody's going to make this claim about a football player or a footy team, it's he's earned.
Speaker 2: The right to.
Speaker 3: And he basically said that they just you know, throw in the tower, didn't have a go and they're just to collect a paycheck. Well this, yes, and then it fell apart. They've got zero resilience. Yeah, and that's the problem. Like, if you're going to have discipline that bad, you know, I appally got simbind as well. If you're gonna if your discipline is going to be poor, you have to have greater resilience. Otherwise, a better team and a team that was struggling for form is going to put almost, you know, fifty sixty points on you on you other it was forty the weeks before and then forty the week before that. Yes, so, and it was against top four sides. But it just shows the gulf between being a good team and where the Tigers are at the moment and how much work poor Benji Marshall.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the Sharks have not been the Sharks have not been good. So I actually even expected this to be without Nico, you know, I expected, well.
Speaker 1: I think I tipped the well, I'm coming. I need to make numbers up and need some upsets outside Hope.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, way as you said, yeah outside Hope. But goodness me, no, this was this was bad and it just goes to show I think that that the discipline like that, that record that they have. How many stents in I think I think.
Speaker 3: It was eleven? Yeah, I think were the most.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: It's just terrible blo. It's just not Yeah, there's no discipline defense and it's just awful.
Speaker 2: There's just no commitment. Everyone just seems to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you know there were I just you watch someone like Lucky Galvin and if anytime they look good or even slightly looked dangerous, it was off the off the back of what he was doing. He's such a good young player. But then you feel sorry for him, you know, having to sort of carry a team, you.
Speaker 2: Know, filled with a foward pack.
Speaker 3: That is probably one of the more pricier in the competition when you think about how much money some of those guys are on and they're just not delivering.
Speaker 2: Any of this impact. Stefano, what's going on with him?
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't think it helps keep him but mind you, As I said, I didn't see this game, but I'm told Stefano was pretty average, and I suspect that, you know, his forms dipped ever since people have been talking about his future and he's been talking about his future. I reckon his form's gone off the edge of a cliff, and I reckon he just needs to sort it out. I mean, he flew to Brisbane on the weekend apparently to meet the Dolphins. He's obviously met. Just he just needs to resolve it. I mean, you know, for his own benefit, needs to resolve it because he's just not playing a good Yeah. That's two months ago we were talking about potentially being picked in the Origin. Yeah, and since then he's just forms, just been banged average.
Speaker 3: But that goes to just that whole team having zero mental resilience at the moment. There was a shot they cut to the dressing room after that game, and the look on Stefano's face set it all. If you saw the look on his face, I couldn't tell whether he was actually at the point of tears, whether he was crying, but he just looked disgusted. And you when you look at that and you go, yeah, he's probably not going to be there next year. Yeah, But the thing is he's playing himself out of a million dollar, eight hundred thousand dollar contract at the moment.
Speaker 1: Well, now he's got the well the deals there from the Tigers. Worst it takes the deal from the Tigers, right, which is one hundred thousand years, So that's at least he's going to get.
Speaker 3: If the Tigers pay him eight hundred K and he keeps he finishes off the season with that form that is not prudent rust manage.
Speaker 2: So what do they do Anyone they can bring in make a difference.
Speaker 1: Well, they're bringing Jerome Lui next year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they get to becoming the wine, but they're still you feel like they're still missing something. And I think it's a it's a forward, yeah, and Stefano was supposed to be that forward, but right now it's it's showing that it's probably not the case.
Speaker 1: I think they need a few blakes, to be honest. But all seasons are funny. In our game, you often see movement that you don't expect. So I think that kept some money up the sleeve and that's smart. Yeah, and if Stefano leaves it an extra one hundred thousand dollars to spend and if someone becomes available, you just don't know. Someone could just pop up and all of a sudden the issue will be conviied. In the West, Tyrier is the club they want to go to. That's their problem.
Speaker 3: Well, apparently Richo went to the Blue Mountains to have a is it with your own?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Were there?
Speaker 3: No through the grave one? So look, I don't Yeah, if they can convince Jerome Lewaire to go there, maybe you know, Benji can convince someone else. But yeah, and they and they're a bit like paramount A right, like they're probably theirs is going to look very different in a couple of years. And they've got some good kids coming through, but that's the the kids. They're just not ready. And the worst thing Benji, because Benji was forced to do it out of injury.
Speaker 2: This year.
Speaker 3: I think he debuted like ten people, ten guys four maybe four or five of them were local juniors, but still eighteen nineteen year olds that were probably years away from being ready for the n RL. Yeah, so I think there's just more pain for the Tigers, at least for this year.
Speaker 1: Just quickly we'll touch on Manley's win yesterday. It was good to see I think Tommy to more of its had six linebackerses, So a week after people questioning Tommy's health and his fitness after playing center a week ago, he comes back plays full back and he just had a field. Tommy and the Knights were pretty poor.
Speaker 3: I'm just going to say it was a bit like the what the Tigers did to the Sharks, so the Knights play him into form. I think the best part of it was I can't remember. Maybe it was the try off the back of the Luke Brooks kick where he sort of had to Was.
Speaker 2: It the Luke Brooks kick.
Speaker 1: With the past.
Speaker 2: Cross for a Bob No, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Just to see him actually go up and and catch the ball, put it down and well that's goal up without any without any hamstring issues.
Speaker 2: That was good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's the best part out of it.
Speaker 2: It's great to see a champion like that. He's such a good fellow and he's such a great player. It's good to see him get back into some form and playing at his best. I think the game is better for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But what he's see in that form, you think if if Manly are going to do anything then, yeah, he probably.
Speaker 1: Again it's had a lot of players out, particularly on their edges. They gave him no best, no comer. Obviously they got destroyed on the edges. They got destroyed in the middle to Actually they just got destroyed everywhere I think about it. But mainly we mainly get going. He said, a good they're a good side to watch men. They get a good foot.
Speaker 3: Ye as effortless.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's this might be the Troy here they sit here, he's this kid's kid. He's been a hell of a fine for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And as I said, I think they've got eighteen.
Speaker 1: I think he's they get a good run home Manly. They should look they should definitely be top eight. They could make a run at the top four given the given given the run they've got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and especially depending on how it's hard to know how the Sharks are going to go over these next couple of weeks as well, how the Nico effects is going to really hurt them. But yeah, they're once there when they're informed and they're playing like this. Obviously to play like this about DCE is it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: It's a big game this week because the great Desmond Hasler returning to Brookwelle or four points Parks sorry for the first time since leaving, and he's suing them and all sorts of stuff going on. How do we think there's Do you think there's will get a good reception? What do you think his reception will be?
Speaker 2: Like? I think he will. I think people like him. Yeah, like manlely fans like him, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was the guy and all the beaches.
Speaker 1: I think fans like him. They're still happily do him if they comes.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I don't know. I think that's probably an element of manly fans that.
Speaker 1: Are the place. But you know, yeah, look, I mean he's a club Legende spoke about yesterday.
Speaker 3: That's what I mean. You know, when they were going through that glory period, it was on the back of deaths has last. So maybe that earns him a bit of good will.
Speaker 1: But you know, hopefully his press conference lasts longer than this one of the weekend when he just started walking away after two minutes and called them into his press conference. He draws about at the beaches. He is a pain in the butt in press conferences, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Because he speaks so slowly and to bore you so that you don't pay attention, so you don't ask him a question, and he just gets up and leaves and hopes that no one's not even hopes. He just dares anyone to call him back. Not done.
Speaker 1: I look forward to seeing him on Sunday. Let's go to what you're watching? What are you watching? What are you watching this week? What do you got? Pam, we'll go with you first.
Speaker 2: I have actually binged this whole thing. It's a show called Fate. It's on a Paramount Plus. So it's got Asha Katy in it. So she's the Australian actress. She's like a she's a single woman, she's in her forties. She yeah, and she meets this guy on a dating app and she there's just heaps of red flags about him and she just ignores them because she just kind of wants to be in a relationship and he's just not who he himself to be. Yeah, it's based on a book. It's a thriller. It's really really good. Yeah, this is a NAT show. Yeah, outstanding, it's so so good. I think it's about seven or eight episodes or so.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: A bit creepy, a bit show. Yeah, a little bit. He's not a he's not a stalker. He's more I would put him more as like corn artist. Yeah, but it's just yeah, it's a bit of a really it. Yeah, you can see all of the red flags and she just perseveres check that one out, very good. Beverly Hills Cop.
Speaker 3: The new one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys are too young for the first one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've seen the first one. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah, it's a classic, isn't it.
Speaker 3: It's fun, you know, it's you don't take it too seriously. And I remember just enjoying when I did watch that first Beverly Hills Cop, just enjoying Eddie Murphy's style of comedy. Yeah, and he's just the script was witty. I mean, I feel like maybe he's lost a little bit.
Speaker 1: Of everyone's back there, aren't they all the original cast?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: A little Yeah, so a fan or no.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: It was fun. I felt like the the first two has been to before this one.
Speaker 2: Three, two or three, Well.
Speaker 3: At least when you compare sort of the wittiness of it of the first one is probably not there.
Speaker 2: But it's still it's easy to watch.
Speaker 3: It's fine. Eddie Murphy is just a really good comedic actor. So it's it's an easy watch when you're looking to unwind.
Speaker 1: Nice, I'm going to get give Fox a bit of love, Fox Tell a bit of love. Because my wife and I have been watching Million Dollar Listing LA.
Speaker 2: Do you watch I Love Million Dollarsting New York LA.
Speaker 1: The new series of LA's out. I think it's like season fourteen, eleven or twelve or fourteen or something of it. And I just love watching the houses they go. I know, I can give or take the drama because it's always drama and there's always someone blowing with someone. Yeah, but the houses are insane.
Speaker 2: I know, they're so good. I love them to do. In the Sydney housing market, this is come.
Speaker 1: Back with interest rates rising. They struggling, struggling, struggling on there, four hundred thousand dollar commissions from something. The houses.
Speaker 2: It's million dollars going to get the one bedroom apartment.
Speaker 1: They're struggling. You know, they're driving rolls Royces and yeah they're batting. It's all relative, right, there you go driving. I love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love all those real estate shows.
Speaker 3: But I like the drama too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like the houses and the drama.
Speaker 2: Okay, well some of the houses are.
Speaker 1: If you love drama, you're gonna love Wednesday Night, those origins on Yeah. Just a final tip, what'd you go?
Speaker 2: Blues by ten, Yeah, Blues by two.
Speaker 1: Queens and by four. Thanks very much. We'll see you next week on The w Telegraph in podcast