Speaker 1: I'd like to begin by acknowledging the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders, past, present and emerging, and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today. Welcome to Stepping Up the podcast where we explore all things organization, mental health, routines, personal.
Speaker 2: Development, motherhood and health.
Speaker 1: I'm your host, Steph Pace, and I'm the woman behind Just Another Mummy blog and also the founder of Steph Pace Planners. But I can assure you this is not just another podcast online. I'm known for my organization tips and tricks and the occasional banter, but it definitely wasn't always this way. I used to be a hot mess and occasionally still am. And I'm here as your honest and real friend each week to show you how I turn my life of chaos into clarity. Between the house, health, kids, work, and wanting to be the best version of yourself, it can be overwhelming, and I'm here to give you the tools and tips to stop you feeling like a slave to your daily tasks, home life, and especially the expectations you have on yourself.
Speaker 2: Join me as I share my.
Speaker 1: Journey and insights into the art of balancing at all and speak to guests who can help us all live a better life. Whether you're looking to streamline your daily routines, boosh your wellbeing, achieve your fitness goals, diamondto personal development, or find inspiration to step up into the best version of yourself, We've got you.
Speaker 2: So are you ready to step up your game? Let's go.
Speaker 1: Hello guys, and welcome back to Stepping Up Today. I'm coming to you with my literal number one, number one most requested topic, and that is my kitchen organization hacks that are all super budget friendly and they're from Ikia and KMA. Now, this topic in itself is what got your goal on the map in the first place. I feel back in god years and years ago, I was living in our first one bedroom apartment like unit with Ryan and Harpat was like just born, and I was like learning all these new hacks and tips and tricks. And that's literally where stephing came from me showing how to utilize the very little space that we had. So that's what we had to do. Now, the kitchen is the bane of our existence, but it is the heart of the home and it is one of the hardest places to keep organized. It's like the storage that you need the most. And who else is guilty of having a million drink bottles or like twenty spatulas, But the kitchens never seem to have enough, and even when you do, it can really harbor junk and we don't want that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: This episode is actually from my YouTube channel, and I think it's something that all of you guys needed to hear it. So, yes, I am cheating a little bit here, but Girls Overcoming Influenzer a which has been brutal, keep healthy people. And it is just one of these YouTube episodes that just went off, and this is a perfect one for you to sit in the car listen to, or if you're working or cleaning the house, listen to this and get the best tips and hacks to organize your kitchen. And make sure you listen to the end because I cover everything like the container draw or the junk draw, how to organize drink bottles under the sink, and also of course the pantry. And no one in your family will ever be able to say they don't know where things go ever again or they have me to answer to. So I know you guys are gonna absolutely love this episode. As always, please do screenshot where you're listening from and tag us on socials. I love to see it. Please do subscribe. This is an independently run podcast. I'm doing it just because I love it. I love helping you guys, and it is obviously yes self funded, so all the subscriptions and love and shares really really help me so I can continue this podcast. Now let's get into the episode. So I'm going to start with the topplewar draw slush container draws. So I think we all know that tableware and containers are super hard to store. They're really bulky, and you lose lids and it just gets really messy very quick. So what I like to do is stack the bottoms together, so I have all the same types and shapes stacked together, and then what I actually do is file the lids.
Speaker 2: So these are.
Speaker 1: File holders from kmart, so they're two file holders backed onto each other. So obviously if you have more, you can just keep going. Well, depending on the depth of your draw or cupboard, so with these, I couldn't actually file them because they're too high, so I just stack them on top of each other, so that worked out really well. But yeah, this just makes it a lot easier and it keeps it nice and tidy, and it literally stays like this, which is great. So yeah, grab some cheap file holders from kmart or any other convenience store as well, and stack them all into each other. Next up is the junk draw. And I don't care what you say if, depending on how organized you are, everyone has a junk draw. This is just like you know that part of the home where people throw pens, coins, there's makeup in their chewing gum, charges, all that type of things. So this like becomes chaotic really fast, and it tends to just become a whole big mess. So at least with this draw organizer I got for my Kia, it's like organized chaos, so it's not too bad and you can see everything. So yeah, we've basically just kind of in a way sectioned it off to like coins, pens, bombs, and then there's this like makeup just pretty much anything, and there's charges, sunglasses and stuff like that. And then over here we also have like a shopping list. Having it like this just makes it a lot easier to handle. And then obviously this does get fuller, so every few months I'll do a quick cull as well. So yeah, grab any type of draw divider. At least you can see what's going on here, and it can still be a junk draw, but it's just a little bit more organized.
Speaker 2: So that's that one there all right.
Speaker 1: Next up is the party drawer. Well, this is what I call the party drawer. You know how whenever there's an event or a birthday, you usually have like plastic cups or napkins or balloons and stuff kind of stashed away and you usually can't find them. So I like to try and have a little section for just party stuff. So I got these containers from Kmart and they actually have these removable sections. So I actually also use this for our tetels, which I'll show later, our cleaning products, so like vacuum parts, all that type of thing. So you can section it however you like done, like balloon weights here, some candles, some more balloons down there, cutlery, more candles, and then like napkins, straws, cups, and then over here is like I've got a pencil case of ones that we've already used. So yeah, I just find this a lot easier to keep you know, your party draw nice and organized. But this is perfect for so many things kids cutlery. Could even kind of work as a junk draw divider as well, but I just feel like it might get a bit too messy. But yeah, I absolutely love these. They are awesome. So yeah, those are from kmart. I've popped the link for you guys below, all right. Next up, we have oven trays, so I know these can be really tricky to deal with, so I love to use file dividers for these as well. So I've got more of a heavy duty steel one and I got that from Howard's stories. Well, but you can literally just use file dividers and you just file them in there like that. There's also other ones where you can file your pots and pans. So this is just a really good way to kind of keep all your oven trays, muffin trays, all that just stacked nice and neatly, because normally what you do is stack them on top of each other and then you can't really get to the ones at the bottom and it becomes a big mess. So I love this way of doing it. Just keep everything nice and vertical. Over here, you can see what another file holder. And this is actually where I kept We did Hello Fresh for a while, like about a year, maybe a year and a half, so I kept all the recipes I love from there. Inn At this carry case from Kmart. If you've been followed me for a while, you know I use this to store the kids puzzles as well. Keeps all the pieces together. So this is a stationary case from Kmart. These are about three dollars and they're just so easy. So any types of recipes that are like maybe from a magazine or anything like that, rip them out and you can pop them in here. Makes it nice and neat. So that's that little part of the cupboard. Another way I like to keep recipes is this recipe book. So if you're a follower, you wo had seen this a long time ago. This is just a Kmart folder labeled it with little label co that says recipes, and then inside I've actually got tabs of different types of food or meals. Who've got chicken, red meat, seafood, stir fries, pasta, soups and stews, Mexicans, slow cooked side dishes and snacks so obviously these categories will change from family to family, but these just work really well for us, and I always know to go to that section. Now, this is a template I actually have on the blog. I'll give you guys the link for this template below, but yeah, it's a free downloaded from my blog. I just find it a lot easier. You can write out recipes that you've made or that you've seen and you really love, and then you just pop it into that section. So say, if we want seafood, we just go to seafood really easy. So I love this kind of way of storing recipes as well. All right, Next is drink bottles. So you probably have seen this maybe on a vlog before that. I use ef came up wineholders and I literally just stack them and that's how I still drink bottles, and also like protein shakers and stuff like that. This just keeps everything super organized and it doesn't get so yeah, you can also use a wine rack for this. It does the same thing.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Ike has a wine rack if you prefer that, and it also might work out a bit cheaper depending on how many drink bottles you have to store. So yeah, absolutely love this hack. It is life changing. Down here, we have the kids section to ignore the badly stained bottles from the kids. Yeah, so this is for lunch boxes. These are the fridge baskets from Kmart all right. So here we have tea towels, aprons, all that type of thing. So these are the same Kmart containers I use for our party stuff again with the movable dividers. So we've got tea towels over here, aprons, our stasher bags, which we use a lot, that's why there's not much left in there. Then we've got the sandwich bags we try not to use because we usually use their stasher bags because they are usable. And then you've also got your glad wrap over here, which works out really well. And then I also put ba wepsair too sometimes. So yeah, I absolutely love these containers. These are the low and wide ones, so you'll notice they are a little bit bigger than the party ones were. So yeah, really good system. I do commrae folding for the tetails. Before we used to just throw them in. Well I would throw them in. Love how this looks. It just works out really well. Right. So this is like our coffee draw, so we keep mugs in here. These are some of our coffee pods. So this is actually from I think Amazon or eBay. I will try my best to find you guys the link. So it's just a coffee pod container. I just really liked how it looks. So they're more like these are like caramel ones, I think. So that's the dessert coffee we have. And then this is for like tea and sugar and stuff like that, which we don't have much off to be honest, that's not for guests. So yeah, that's another container which I'll find the link for you guys. I just really like how it keeps it really nice and organized and it's pretty. And then all our back up and espresso. We just stuck here with all the mugs. But yeah, really like how this works for us. It's really simple and keeps it nice and easy. Then for the coffee that we grab every day. I just got this an espresso container. But you could literally use any of those oval shaped containers. I'll put a picture below. I know you can get them from Kmart. They're kind of like the cereal jars, if you see what I mean. But anything that's just like has a big opening and looks nice will work. So yeah, as you guys know, I'm obsessed with a little label coat and I just love this little setup. So I've got this a while back. And why I love it is because you know, when you're cooking on the stove, these are the things I do grab the most, like salt, pepper, and chili, and just having them out and displayed just looks really nice and pretty, but it's also really practical. I wasn't sure how much I would use these, but I have actually refilled them a lot. So yeah, I got the little labels on there as well, got the chili flakes, pepper, and salt. But obviously you can change this for whatever you use in your cooking every day. And yet it comes with the little spoons as well, which is really sweet. So that's the spoon there. Some people also these for their bath salts next to their bath, which would be really nice as well. Moving on to under the sink, you guys would have probably seen this before if you've been followed me for a while. So this is the one in our main kitchen. Basically just got you know, some command books to pop any cleaning cloths or dishbrushes and stuff like that. There was a great too if you're renting, because they are removable. So these drawers were originally from Kmart. They are old, so you can't actually buy them anymore, but I know, I CA you have some good ones which I can link below. Yeah, so I keep like dish washing tablets, dish cloths co in the middle there and it just has everything we need in one section. So this is our butler's pantry under the sink. So this is just another way you can organize if you don't want to go the drawway. So these are just some handle tubs from Kmart for wipes, disinfectant wipes and stuff like that. This is a tray I actually using the fridge as well, and this is just for hand wash. And then we've got one for garbage bag. Now these are the flip lid containers front Kmart, and these are actually amazing. I use them for shopping bags. I use them for snacks which I'll show you in a minute. And down here we just keep you know, washing detergent and brushes as well. So yeah, that's another way you can organize under your sink. So here's that tub again. As I mentioned, we use it for snacks. So all these like prepackaged snacks like popcorn or chips. Just a really easy way to have it and it works really well. Some people also use this for kids toys too, so you can use it for lego all right, So this is probably one of my favorite parts of the pantry is my spices and oils. So I got these little air tight containers a couple of years ago from Little Label Co and then I just got I think this is front seven, I'm pretty sure, and just put my spices in them. So these fit one full container of spices that you just get from wool worse or coals, which is perfect. So yeah, all my spices go here. And then also I keep any like stock or bigger spices like bay leaves in the bigger version which she has as well. Now we come to oils. So these oil bottles are pack my product, and they were like a dollar twenty each, which is amazing. And then I got the labels from the Little Label Coat again, and then this little shelf is from Kmart. So one of the reasons I did this is, as you guys know, when you buy like olive oil and stuff like that, the bottles are really big and chunky and they just take up so much space. So what I like to do is I keep those bottles in another cupboard that we don't use often, and then I just refeel as needed. So this is great for a smaller pantry too. You don't have to have a shelf like this, but just having like reducing the space that your oils and vinegars take up by putting them into this is just great, so it keeps it nice and neat. Before I did this, I always felt like you couldn't find certain oils if you needed it for cooking, and then you'd end up.
Speaker 2: Buying them again.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I really love this system here, and they just look really cute and lucky. Last I love using a lazy Susan for storing all our sauces and then also our spreads. This just keeps it a lot easier so you can actually reach what you need. This is perfect too for corner pantries. You can pop these in the corner and if you have a smaller pantry, because you know, you have so much dead space at the back that you can't reach, so at least when you're using a lazy Susan you can actually access everything. And I also do it with our spreads as well, so this big one is from Little Label Co. I definitely would recommend the big Wooden ones. I feel like they're a lot more sturdy, but yeah, you can also get the KMA ones. But yeah, I absolutely love this. Anyways, guys, I know that had so many tips and tricks in there. I will also link the actual YouTube video for you guys below. If you want to see it visually, of course you can do that. And next week we will be back to your regular programming and my voice will be back so I can talk your little ease off. Anyways, I love you, guys, and I'll see you on Monday.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys so much for tuning in today's episode of Stepping Up. I don't want this to be just another podcast that you listen to you get inspiration and then you don't take action. If there's been something in this episode that will help you step up into the best version of yourself, open up.
Speaker 2: Your trusted planner and make a plan.
Speaker 1: And if you've loved listening to today's episode, take a screenshot and show me where you've been listening from.
Speaker 2: I love seeing it.
Speaker 1: Make sure you tag us at Stepping Up and Steph Pace Underscore on Instagram so we can see it and make sure you subscribe, because you won't want to miss what's coming up next week.