Speaker 1: I get a team. It's your project. It's doctor Jeffrey. It's not real, it's doctor jeff it's me Harps, it's the bloody project.
Speaker 2: That's you.
Speaker 1: As I said, it's a seven o four in the am here in the thriving metropolis of Melbourne, down the bottom of Australia. If you're listening around the world, probably arguably the best part of Australia. But you know, other people will debate that. Of course, we're going to get the good doc out, hopefully this year. It would be good to get you over here at Bloody down Under so we can wheel you out like a prize possession to the masses, so that you can inspire and educate and inform. What do you think about that? We've spoken about it, but we need to maybe get the wheel turning slowly.
Speaker 2: I love it. I mean, if the Royal family can make a trip down there every now and then, why can't I? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I can not talk about the Royal family. I don't think he's in the royal family more. I think he's I think he's an ex royal. I don't know how that works. But how are you, mate, How's how's your month been. How are things going so good?
Speaker 2: I can't stand it, but thank you so much? And how are things by you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Good? Two little curve balls over here, but that's life, but generally really good. And I feel like I'm going to sound like an old person, which clearly I am. But when I go, oh, can you believe it's already the third months of the.
Speaker 2: Year, Jeff, Oh wow, that is what all people say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's much already. Bro. All right, So last time, everyone, the good doc and I did a Q and A, so let's jump to that. I got some really good, really good the best feedback that we've had about any of the episodes that we've done, and it's always positive. But I got not just good feedback, but a lot of feedback, like the volume was times five. So and a few people went, can you do a version of that again? And I went, well, fuck it, let's do it. Let's just break the fucking typ rules that Melissa and Tiff make and list let's just plow some new grounds. So we're going to do that, and we might do one of these each month. We're not sure. We'll see if you like them. So the idea is this, and again None of this is a prescription. This is just the doc and I talking and him sharing his thoughts on these particular things. Obviously as a medialone assessed anyone, and so it's just conversation. But take from it what you will, do with it what you will and maybe ignore it or explore it, maybe open a new door and go and have a chat to somebody to further this chat that you hear, and you might hear something that could potentially change your life, which would be nice. And so I've asked people to send in quite specific medical or clinical or injury questions, so there's zero kind of fluff. And I asked all of those questions. I asked everyone to send stuff that's really a personal question about them rather than a broad generic question about integrated medicine or anything like that. So here we go, Steve from What's funny is after the last one, everybody writes their name and then their birth or their age. So Steve fifty four Mornington. Not everyone, but most people I've got. I feel like some of these I could answer, but I won't. I've got bone on bone arthritis in my right hip. I'm still surfing and walking daily, but it's getting difficult. Is there any anything regenerative that realistically buys me any time before a hip replacement?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? You know, first of all, if you are still doing those things, awesome, and that tells us there's some cartilage. Right, you're not exactly bone on bone, you would not be able to do those things. Bone on bone is sort of this misused phrase just to scare people into a surgical joint replacement. So yeah, we've had some success following a French protocol. The French have published over fifteen years of using stem cell biologics surrounding the joint in the bone edges, restimulating the factory that produces cartilage that because of inflammatory changes over life and age, you're unable to you know, you know do on your own, So we can restimulate those areas. We have good success in having you rebuild your cartlage. Remember you made that cartilage in the first place, Steve, and you're you're fairly young. So a joint replacement is an option. But man, if we could fix this with a single injection and you get a trip to Las Vegas out of it, to boot, I think I think you're saving money and recovery time and mist and missurfing, and you know your body has the blueprint to make cartilage. Sometimes it just needs a reminder.
Speaker 1: And I would also guess that if he's fifty four and surfs every day and walks every day, he's probably other than these shitty hit he's probably biologically younger than fifty four, you know what I mean, from a kind of profile point of view.
Speaker 2: I would concur with that. I would concur with that completely. So we are seeing benefits in this. And even if you have a cartilage tear some old injuries, you know, when you're young and have those things, you heal relatively well. We just need to turn on your fifty four year old hit to heal like an eighteen year old for a bit and then you're right back in your regular programming.
Speaker 1: By the way, this is a sidebar, but I used to work in Sport radio in Melbourne for about fifteen years and just as the excise science guy and hosting and stuff. But I used to do a show where every week people would just bring up and ask questions and just general stuff, some specific, some general. But we did this kind of thirty minute segment on people had to ring up and say if you could only do one activity or one exercise, what do you think would be the single most kind of all encompassing, physiologically beneficial kind of activity. And I came up with surfing. Let me tell you why. When you're surfing, so you need muscular endurance, aerobic endurance, strength, power, speed, agility, balance, You're in nature. It's fucking beautiful unless you get eaten bioshark, which is a seventeen percent chance in Australia. But there are just so many things that you need to be able to learn to surf and then to be able to surf. And you're moving in different planes, like your feet are facing that way, your hips are there, your shoulders are there. You're constantly moving. You're constantly adapting to something which is dynamic, it's not static. What would you pick? What would be? It's something if we're thinking about like a movement or an exercise or an activity which would involve so many different components of your physiology anatomy in a functional way. What would be in your top five? Not necessarily number two on that list, or you might have a number one that supersedes mine.
Speaker 2: And I love the surfing concept. I'd like to add one more ingredient to your surfing, and that is you also do a lot of good postural work because when you have to paddle, your engaging your spinal muscles, you know, to arch your back and that, you know, besides all the core and small stabilizer muscles you use when you're bouncing on the board. There's so many things I like that I hadn't considered that. I would probably go pilates and maybe yoga, power yoga or a sculpting yoga plates because you can do cardiovascularly in there. You can you can get the core and the stabilizers, you can get the big muscle groups you get you get a lot of the twisting and the and the stretch component. Maybe not as much cardio, and of course you gotta go heavy if you want to get the power piece. And and I would I would consider those, you know, I like some of these fitness classes that involve a little of everything. They have all kinds of different branded names over here, but you know they've got some you know, high intensity card they've got some powers, some lifting SATs, they've got some playability, they've got some calisthenics, and they keep you moving fast and very little rest. I like those, and yet.
Speaker 1: They have so over here CrossFit forty five high rocks. It's all kind of year circuity based, like you said, bit of strength, bit bit of agility, bit of upper lower body, lots of cardio. Yeah, they're good. I just think people need to be You need to be integrated into those programs at the right level for where you are at. And because they're not personal one on one their group. Yeah, you just need to be careful which group you slot into or you could hamstring off your bone till about twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 2: So that's happening. We do see a bit of injuries from CrossFit, from people pushing it too far too much, or like you said, stepping in at the the provider, the men going I got this. I used to do this all the time, and they're just not in shape or stretched out. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the dude that's at level two going to the level eight group. Fuck it, I'll be fine. Do you know what I used to do?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Rachel forty three. Rachel forty three from Melbourne says I tore my ACL five years ago and I did not have surgery. Oh it's mostly okay, but feels unstable when I pivot. I'm not surprised, Rachel. Can regenerative treatment improve stability or is that purely structural?
Speaker 2: Great question, Rachel. So I'm guessing that it's not a complete tear, Otherwise you would really really unstable. So we've had some success in the incomplete tears. Otherwise, Yes, it is fairly structural. So the problem here is she tore it a while back, so it's not cute, and she may have forms scar tissue at the edges of the ten drills, so we may not get benefit. We like to hit these early, and our best results are, you know, within a few weeks of the injury, and we're getting in there and having it heal like a youthful you know. Way, if there are some of the fibers still intact, then the edges haven't pulled apart and retracted it away. Otherwise, if you put regenerative medicine there, it's unlikely that those those two pieces will find each other and heal them. Yep.
Speaker 1: Perfect Andrew from Bellarat High Bellarat, That's where I was born. Shout out to Bellarrat. I have got chronic planta fasciata subtrid orthotic stretching shock wive therapy. I don't even know what that is, Andy, Uh, it keeps coming back. Would something like payo stem cells help.
Speaker 2: Yes, we've had some success there, But let's go back and define shockwave therapy, Craig, because I think that's something.
Speaker 1: Tell me hit me up by a cop.
Speaker 2: So if you if you had a kidney stone and you didn't want a surgery to dig it out of you, there, you would you would go into a medical facility that has this this high intense the sound wave generator, and it would they put your kidney right up against it and target this through through these these these shocks of sound, sound shocks. Yes, like you're at a rock and roll concert, right up against the big speaker in the front and just the sub whopper woofer is just pounding away at your kidney, pulverizing that. Uh that Califi Kinney saying. Well, turns out shock wave therapy is getting increased utilization in other tendon, ligament and even bone injuries to help in that regard. Now, in fashi fascia itis is the is the plantar fascion that's the big, broad, tough gristly tissue at the bottom of the foot and over time it gets it gets over tight and it's painful with pressure and it's hard to work out. And shockwave. He tried shockwave. That's a reasonable approach, but it didn't work. So, yes, there's an inflammatory component and we know that because plantar fasci itis ends in itis. Itis is the Latin root for inflammation. So there have been benefits with using regenerative biologics injected into that area, whether it be p RP, stem cells, stem cell derived exosomes, maybe some peptides. I would I would try all those things, and I would avoid they have these surgeries and the surgeries tend to not work out so well. I would try some different anti inflammatory injections like I just described, with biologics, peptides, and you know, some type of method. Maybe you continue with the shockwave because you got to find a way to tenderize the meat down there, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's graphic. Yep. When you're talking about shockwave therapy, I was thinking about potential military applications. You know, that's just me, haven't didn't Isn't that what some countries have allegedly used in recent operations or something? Similar. But enough about that. That was Andrew. Let's get Andrew off the screen. Let's go to Melissa. Oh, I've been diagnosed. Melissa is thirty nine and from Sydney. Hello Melissa from Sydney. I've been diagnosed with early degenerative disc disease in my neck. I get headaches and I'm tingling plays with a lot of A's plays.
Speaker 2: Help absolutely since because of the extra ease. So the phrase degenerative dis disease is not a great phrase, but many doctors use it because it clearly, it quickly tells you the kind of thing you have. But let's face it, it's not a disease. It is a is a degenitive collection of microtrauma, sometimes big traumas that accumulate and allow for the discs to be less functional as cushions. They become shorter, they become drier, and then they can tear and hurting it just like carlogen and knee or somewhere else, uh with When you lose the disc, then you start to form bone spurs, and the combination of the spurs and the loss of disk function and height is is this degenitive process that is unfairly called the disease, degenerative dis disease. So if your doctor used that phrase, they that means they were saving themselves at fifteen minute explanatory conversation. So be that as it may be. Yeah, right the tree right now, she's got some arm symptoms. Yeah, likely because you know, as as the discs shortened, so do the exiting windows where the nerves leave your spine to go down your arm. Yeah, and as it pertains to the neck. Of course, in your lower back, those pathways go down the lake. But in the neck, you know, when they become smaller, then you're more likely to irritate them. In certain positions, feel either numbness, tingling, or zingers of pain down the arm. And sometimes it's bad enough that that nerve is is you know, you get weak, it can be really bad. So if you know, anything you can do short of surgery is key. So really good stretching, yoga, flexibility, because you know, you hear you've you've heard this phrase that you bend until you break. So we want you to be able to bend further. So you so breaking is further down the list of things to do. We want you to improve you know your you know, muscle tone of flexibility and the fascial release. This goes off obviously with the planner flashy fasci I just answer as well, but I'm a big fan of en type yoga for this. And then a good a good deep tissue sports massage, a really good mile fascial release, not not a little fufu you know rub down. Okay, you got to get the real deal. Really, if it didn't hurt somewhat, if it wasn't tough on you, you know, and you weren't grunting and grown and during the massage, and that's not therapeutic. Really, well, I suppose the fufu ones are therapeutic for your brain, but the the we we really need to loosen up those tissues and then and then the MRI is the best way to study if the nerve is compromised physically or not so physically might mean, you know, is is it being something pushing on it? Or what we call, you know, commonly we refer to this as a pinched nerve, even though it's technically not always pinched, just be pushed or touched or irritated, impinged in some way. Impingement is yeah, we see that word as well, exactly, so you know, they can be bad enough to need surgery, and before you have surgery, they'll exhaust all other options. So there are some injections that can be done to suppress the inflammatory burden and allow you to do the rehab to overcome this. You got to You got to get ahead of it and stay ahead ahead of it. She's only thirty nine, so I don't know. Is she an ex gymnast? Is she you know?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Whatlissa? What did you do to end up with this so early? Were you in a car wreck at some point that tolerated the process, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, they are good questions. I reckon, like I would not want my spine or all the bits and pieces of my spine from lumber through to a cervical to be or curvical. I would not want my spine to be looked at too closely because I reckon they would go, how the fuck are you walking? Do you not have constant pain? Because I've had so many injuries sort of doing dumb shit in the gym and outside the gym? I think, do you not think that most people, well, Melissa is young, but like fifty and onwards would have some kind of observable degeneration or issue if everyone went and had had their backlooked at or X rayed or scanned or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yes, and there are studies that show that each decade brings a higher chance of finding something anatomically degenerating in the spine, but only the minority of people actually have ongoing symptoms related to said degenerative faintings.
Speaker 1: That's so interesting. We have a guy who's been on quite a few times. He's a sports doctor and he specializes in pain management, and he's got a very different kind of outside the box approach. So it's not in managing pain with heaps of drugs and this, and it's more about it's quite de been philosophical, but trying to understand the pain and a whole lot of things that I find really fascinating. But he gave a presentation to a whole lot of doctors and he showed this X ray I guess of a sixty one year old back, and he just put it up or a couple of X rays up and said, you know, kind of open, interactive kind of audience. What do you think what's going on here? Or what would you recommend if you know, if you had this patient and they're all like, or what are your thoughts? And they're like, wow, he must he fucked he needs surgery. By lunchtime, he's you know, he probably can't walk Da da da da da. And he said, what would you say if I told you that this patient rides two hundred kilometers a week. So he rides I think four days a week fifty ks, which is thirty miles in your language, and blah blah blah blah blah. And by the way, this patient is me so and they're like, and he was up there on stage presenting and moving well and yeah. So it's like it doesn't necessarily what seems to be or what it is apparently going on isn't necessarily reflected in symptoms that like, not consistently anyway.
Speaker 2: That's an important point that let's do that both directions. Films don't always the imaging the X ray is, the MRIs don't always say what's going on symptomatically, and the symptoms don't always predict what the MRI or X rays will show. That's why the true act, the true cognitive act of being a clinician, is to correlate them. It's called the clinical correlation, you match them. So in the case of your doctor friend, you know he has imaging findings that are not clinically correlated with how he's doing. He's doing much better than the imaging would suggest. But yeah, he learns from that and he says, well, I've got a bad spine. I should be careful. I can do all the cycling. I just better not fall. I'm at higher risk.
Speaker 1: ALRIGHTY appreciate that. Natalie from Geelong, which is down here in the state. I live in Dock. It's about an hour away. Natalie says forty seven. By the way, I've got a frozen shoulder that's lasted nearly a year. I feel like we had a frozen shoulder last time. But anyway, I've got a frozen shoulder that's lasted nearly a year. Physio helps a bit, but progress is slow. Wow, I would say, so can injections. I don't know what kind of injection. She means, accelerate that process.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are a couple of things you can look at for this, because listen, if it's been a year, you're going to have to get more aggressive if you ever want that shoulder range of motion back and that aggression may come through some numbing injections, some steroid injections, although I'm not a big fan of repeating those over and over. They have a downside, and or regenitive injections. But there's something called, we call it here in the States m U a manipulation under anesthesia where an anesthesiologist knocks you out for a few minutes and your orthopedics or sports specials comes in and wrenches your shoulder a god bristle. Wait, let's let's be more graphic, breaking it up, you know, ah, and and unfreezing the very the very frozen shoulder that you have, breaking up that crystal so and and then then you can really get into the rehab more aggressively. Now I will say, now age again of this nice person from Geelong, Natalie from Geelong forty seven. So this, this is very common in a we'll call it a menopausal or perimenopausal group. This is this would benefit also from looking at bioidentical hormone optimization. There are hormone receptors in the in the in the tissues of the joint. We've got to look at the bone, of course, you know, knowing what's going on in there cartilage wise and bone wise is very important. So if she's only had an X ray, she's a candidate for a good quality MRI to see what's what's causing her not to be so frozen. Is it an old injury that just got stuck. Is it just accumulation of degenerative changes that have accelerated. Let's let's dig in and get real granular about what's going on. So hopefully she's done that right.
Speaker 1: Okay, the you Natalie love the Doc Tom Oh. Tom's a bloody t teenager. Tom's thirty six from Perth, which is on the other side of the country. That's on our west coast. Doc, this seems weird. I don't know, Tom, did you miss something out here? I ruptured my achilles two years ago. It healed well. I assume you had an operation, but anyway, it healed, but it's thicker and weaker. Also, that seems weird. But can regenerative therapy imp improved tissue quality after it's already healed?
Speaker 2: So a great question, and what he's saying is accurate. Let's let's break it down. And by the way, you have incredible reach coast to coast. Craig you're you're the Joe Rogan.
Speaker 1: So yeah, hardly, I'm Joe Rogan's little toe. But anyway, good, thank you.
Speaker 2: So what happens when you rupture the achilles is there two ways to go about healing it. The old fashioned way is to is to put the foot down, FlexIt down, plant tar, flex it and let the two pieces of the achilles touch each other and and you keep the foot that in some kind of brace and then slowly you add a few degrees and bring the foot up over the weeks and months as it heals, and you will have a thicker, shorter tendon as a result. The other way is surgical, and it's very difficult to sew those two pieces together. There's very little blood flow in it, so it doesn't really heal well. It's difficult to heal. So sometimes that thicker scarring in healing is a more robust healing. Yeah, there are things you can do for this. You know, I would have loved to, you know, had access to you right when it happened, because then we have a lot more we can do. But you would be a candidate for some anti inflammatory biologics injections directly into the tendon and around those tissues. There are some peptides, you know, I would have you on on a wolverine protocol, some body protection compound one fifty seven TV five hundred, maybe some cardillacs for cartilage building. These are not drugs per se. There are therapeutic peptides that are are Since we last talked in January, Craig have just tripled in popularity and now our government is going to is, you know, take the foot off the gas on on sort of prohibiting some of these. It's really tough though, with the g LP peptides, the weight loss peptides, because you know, there's a big company here that thinks they own they own all amino acids and all proteins, and and they might be might rhyme with re Illy.
Speaker 1: Speaking of all of this area. What's his name? Senator Kennedy was on Rugan yesterday. I think that was an interesting chat talking about such things. This is a funny one. Donna, Hi, Donna, Donna fifty three from Lon Seston, which is Tasmania, the island off the bottom part of Australia, of course, but the island off the bottom of mainland Australia. Donna says, can you get the doc to comment on the Fat Loss shit Show? Yes, the Fat Loss Shit Show, Donna Question of the morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's dig in. And by the way, thank you for the ongoing Australian Region geography lesson because here in America they don't teach kids geography. We only know you know, we can only go about thirty steps out of our house and we get lost.
Speaker 1: I did. First time I went to America was nineteen eighty four or five over Christmas New Year. The questions that I got asked from Americans were so fucking stupid about like I got asked at least three times whether or not I drove over, like whether or not I drove to America. I'm like, yeah, no, no I did not. Oh yeah, but but I mean, if you're not taught it, you can't know it. But it is a very inward looking country. We love it. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they really killed education here. It's we're very dumb down. So so I love addressing all the intelligent Australian listeners to the youth projects smart not only for listening to you, but also because you're not educated in America. Oh wow, Okay, let's.
Speaker 1: Tell us show yeah the way the yeah, but she wrote fat but wait yeah educate us on the Fat Lost Ship show.
Speaker 2: So that's an important distinction because when people come to lose weight, we don't want them to lose muscle. We want them to lose fat. And there are many ways to skin that cat. You know you can, you can do it on your own. You got to put in the effort. You got to, you know, modify your diet. You got to focus on protein and you have to. You have to. You have to use your muscles hard and heavy, and it takes time. So that is not only just a calorie deficit, but is a specific calorie deficit because we don't want you to be protein deficient because while you're losing fat, we want you putting on muscle. Right, that's a body compositional change. Now there are the new you know, peptides that are amazing for this, the glps and these are the glucagon like peptide receptor agonists. So the biochemistry of that is it tricks your body into not fully recognizing all the effect of sugar on your cells in multiple pathways. It slows you know, things going through your guess or intestinal tracks. So you're less hungry. You might be a little nauseated at times, which means you're not going to eat because you don't feel good. But once you get used to that, you simply are burning fat. You're you're turning to it almost internally starving for things that give you sugar and fat. Breaking down fat gives you internal sugar. Whereas if some of the early versions of that medicine called semiglutide also known as ozepic and other brand names, that that one and these are injectable, but that weekly injection, that one can cause you to lose some muscle, can some people lose a little hair. Then they had a second generation that had two receptor mechanisms of the GOP and g I P, and that's terzepetide, and it was a little better and more more effective at the fat loss compared to muscle loss. A brand name might be Manjoro others. But now we have what's called retitruetide and reditruicide right now is the king. It's that we call it the third generation. It has three mechanisms, and you lose the fat faster than you'd ever lose any muscle. Particularly you've got to exercise. You got to eat the protein, you got to do the work, but you can lose it incredibly fast. Then some of us are using these GLP threes, these rettrutides at a low dose just to keep the hunger down and to suppress inflammation because sugar is an inflammatory molecule. So if you can block the sugar, you're blocking inflammation. So we're showing there are now longitudinal studies with some of these peptide medications showing reduced inflammatory diseases, reduced dementia, reduce cancer, reduced cardiovascar disease, and more are coming. So this is a preventative as well as a good fat loss mechanism. Right. Wow, I think that's what she was asking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I think so what come? Just trying to keep it simple ish. So we just heard the pros. What are some of the cons? If any, I'm sure they's got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got to inject yourself once a week with a small injection in your belly fat. I don't think it's it's a big con. You get over that quickly. It's doable. Yeah, we've we've done harder things than that's once a week. Secondly, you got you got to get the medication. If you live in Australia, I don't know how difficult it is here in the US. It's easy to get it. Everyone's got it.
Speaker 1: Seems to be pretty easy in Australia.
Speaker 2: Now yeah. Uh. And then you got to you got to, you know, have someone manage it for you, because you want to start at a low dose and carefully tie traight up and get used to it. The first few days can be that adjustment, that that metabolic change can be like hitting the wall in a marathon. You feel crappy for a day or two.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, Roger that thanks Doc, and you welcome Donna. All right, uh get y out? Is oh clear? Another lady almost the same age, oh fifty two, also from Tazzy Hobot. Hobot is the capital of Tesma. You welcome, Doc. I've got terrible I've got rheumatoid arthritis. Is regenerative therapy even appropriate for autoimmune conditions? Or could it make things worse?
Speaker 2: So another good question, Hello Hobart. The first first is a rheumatoid arthritis is typically a genetic form of arthritis, and this usually starts earlier affects many joints, in the body as opposed to maybe one joint where you So the difference between rheumatoid and osteoarthritis might be, you know where it affects the bi So rheumatoid can affect various joints. It also favors attacking the cervical spawn or cervical spawn and the fingers and other things first, and there are regenitive approaches to suppress the inflammatory damage. If you can suppress the inflammatory damage, then the genetic issue can't turn into damage. So in fact, a lot of the actual medications on the market are suppressing the inflammation. Well, we can do that biologically. So you can use stem cells or stem cell derived signaling factors, or exosomes or even peptides diffusely in the body intravenous. You can have a temporary we'll call it peak in inflammation after that. So what happens is your cells are so used to making inflammation that they store they create these little vesicles inside of these granules full of inflammatory molecules we call cytokines. And when you take to the stem cells or the exosomes and you tell your cells, hey, stop goofing around like that switch over into anuntry mode that the factory, the cells have to rease their inventory, so they release these cytokinds into the bloodstream and you can have a temporary few days of an increase in inflammation. Thereafter that usually goes away and then you benefit from the biologics. Also, if you do have one focal, let's say, one joint that's really given you trouble, Like it's your thumb. You're a really tight arthritic patient. You got a really really about thumb. We can also treat that thumb directly with the regenerative biologics. That's a direct injection as opposed to an intravenous drip. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with inflammatory things in general, comma, And I know that it's a broad range, but I would assume that because some foods are inflammatory, or a lot of foods are inflammatory more or less, more or less than others. So a nutrition couldply big role in this, right.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, you know when we're answering these questions, I'm answering on the cutting edge side. You got to do all the work in the basics, and Craig is right, you got to set the train, you got to live that anti inflammatory lifestyle. You got to make sure you're getting your sleep, make sure you're getting hydrated, make sure you're avoiding things that can increase the inflammation, toxins, pesticides, preservatives, seed oils, and yeah, you got to do the basics and.
Speaker 1: Scary movies, scary movies, fucking.
Speaker 2: Them, especially scary movies. And then also, you know, optimal hormone management is a piece of that, and you and I have talked about that many time times. Track. I know that you have trouble getting testosterone down there. I hope you don't have as much trouble getting the female hormones.
Speaker 1: Now I've been on estrogen for months now, I feel fantastic. No, it's a lot easier for you can send me every Tuesday. I will be here everyone at seven o'clock. No, you can. The ladies have a lot. It's a lot easier to access that kind of stuff as it should be. Look, I think it's evolving over here slowly in that kind of you know, we're talking about here, everyone, we're talking about testosterone therapy. We're talking about therapeutic doses of testosterone for people who need it. We're not talking about dickheads buying steroids out the back of a station wagon in the gym car park. We're talking about a kind of a clinical, medically determined application. So yeah, I think one of the things over heear, doc, is when anyone hears anything about testosterone, because over the years we everything that we heard for such a long time and even now has anything to do with testosterone is about bodybuilders or gyms, or drug sheets or dirty olympians or so it has this whole kind of energy around it where it's almost like a topic you can't discuss, and even with like I've got lots of doctor friends and they say, I don't know anything about it, like some do, but because they never prescribe it, they never even think about prescribing it, like it's not even a thought, and they go, I don't you know, I don't, I don't do that.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: Really, I'm sure a lot do, but not a lot that I've spoken in terms of GPS, whereas they would prescribe of course HRT and you know all the things. But in terms of even considering TRT as a you know, a viable medical alternative for certain men and even women, of course, as you know better than me, it seems like over here now women are accessing testosterone cream usually pretty easily. Yeah, because that's been that. I don't know for whatever reason, that's getting a bit of air time and a little bit of legitimacy as it should.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I agree, women do need some testosterone and they can be too low and then you know they may lack energy and motivation and libido, and course we don't want that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent. All right, let's how long we got? You got another ten or fifteen? How are you doing?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Ah, there's a lot. I'm just trying to Well, let's go Ben, because Ben's twenty eight. Ben, I've got t shirts older than you. But thanks for thanks for connecting with us. Ben says Ben from Brisbane, or as Americans say, Brisbane, Brisbane. I've had two hamstring tears in the same spot. I rehab properly, the same spot I really have properly, but it keeps happening. Is there something regenerative that reduces risk reinjury risk?
Speaker 2: YEP? So you know I would do as I get a high quality MRI of that hamstring, and I would identify the scar tissue or the problem anatomically, and then I would inject that area with regeneritive biologics to enhance the healing. I would probably do a peptide regimen of the Wolverine protocol, maybe maybe some muscle building peptides, and if your your strength and bulk are there, then I would probably focus on flexibility.
Speaker 1: Wow, what's I've heard of that? I've heard of that? That's what's that about?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: That involves stretching right? Fuck? Stretching? Fuck stretching, smetching. Have you ever ever heard a girl in a bar go, oh my god, look at that guy's range of movement around his hips. Nah, No one's doing that hoping to give you a fuck. How flexible you are. Let's move into some more. There's a few more, kind of generally ones. I'm trying to okay Darren from Darwin. That's almost a joke. Oh sorry, Daza. Darwin is up north of Australia Dock. It's very, very very hot. Darren fifty five. I had OVID pretty badly two years ago and I haven't felt the same syn fatigue, weed ikes, lethargy, and I feel a bit flat. I guess that depressed or whatever is there is that something in your world or outside your line. Good on you, great Australian question.
Speaker 2: It's a it's one hundred and ten percent in my world. It's not out of my lane. We're seeing this quite a bit. So the spike protein from the COVID infection and from some of the vaccines have caused mitochondrial damage. Can we use the word mitochondria on your shows that.
Speaker 1: A shul can shual can just done? Side fuck okay.
Speaker 2: I would never. So the mitochondria get damage, the memory gets damaged, and you lose your energy, and you lose a lot of the functions of the body just aren't there, and you're listless, and your your your mood, your drive, your your all that so and you probably we want to take a nap in the afternoon. So the repair for this, you know, we have a protocol of things you can do. Supplements. There's a supplement called nato kinase you can take to help break down some of the extra spike proteins in your bloodstream. There are you can do what's called a therapeutic plasma exchange where they kind of it's kind of like doing a dialysis of your blood and they you clean out a bunch of the gunk. Although you can still you know, your body can still produce these things, especially if you're vaccinated. Your program now to produce this spike protein. That's how you have the immunity. So what we really found useful is a couple of mitochondrial repair peptides. The first one is called SS thirty one, which is actually an approved drug I think it's called a lamoprotide or something like that in the US for an orphan disease, not a disease that orphans have, but it's an orphan disease, means it very, very very no one really has except a few people that you know sign up with the NIH But but it was a way to bring this drug to market. So this is actually a wonderful peptide. You can inject and you only need it for a month and then once you're done, and that fixes the mitochondria membrane. So it's like a battery. You gotta have seal the battery, or as we see, you got to you got to close the windows before you turn on the air conditioning unit. You call it air conditioning down there. That surely, so then you get then after a month of that, you do what's called Mott's c m otsh C which is another mitochondrialpetide. These are naturally occurring proteins in our body, but we need extra to repair our mitochondria. And that seems to be a really great recipe. A month of each of those to repair the mitochondria and get your your gumption back, gets your your cellular fortitude and therefore your own fortitude back, energy in health and activity. And again, if you're a mitochondria aren't functioning, you're headed towards disease processes early. So you can't do this.
Speaker 1: You won't know because I don't think there's any actual data on this, but I'm sure you've got an idea. What do you think the prevalence of long COVID or COVID related lethargy, tiredness, blah, general bell ah, fatigue, aches, all that shit. Do you think it's I think it's probably more prevalent than we think, but it's diagnosed maybe as something else.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, oh absolutely, And before the covid era, other viruses cause what we used to call chronic fatigue syndrome. And by the way, when a process ends in the word syndrome, and we really don't know what's causing it, so sometimes you know, we just don't know enough yet. So we have people come in there are chronically fatigue. They have all kinds of different acronyms and things, and usually turns out to be some viral infection and the residua thereof. And so we're learning more and more through root cause analysis and integrative functional medicine on how to identify those things and figure them out or at least be able to treat them.
Speaker 1: Is that like Lime's disease, is that one of the things that's been wheeled out now is kind of a hard to discover and how to treat issue.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Limes is one of the main causes of a chronic fatigue type syndrome, and doctors in the US can go through some additional sort of Lime certification because it's such a difficult inflammatory, you know problem. In fact, when I speak on regenerative biologics, and I do quite a bit, I have a whole section on what we could call hyper inflame syndromes like autoimmune et cetera. We also add in long infection states and the two most notable ones would be COVID and limes.
Speaker 1: MM. Yeah, it's it's getting a little bit more. I'd never even heard of it till a few years ago, and definitely no expert on it. But yeah, it seems something that's griter awareness is around it at the moment. Anyway, Sorry, doc, I'm just going to scrawl a little bit, just because some of the.
Speaker 2: Lines, by the way, is caused by a tick. A tick, not a neurologic, you know, twisted ahead, but a small bug that latches on and bites you. And it's specifically a deer tick. Do you have one?
Speaker 3: I know you have all kinds of of Yeah, yeah, yeah, we have, we have, But we have plenty of deer. Deer in Australia. We've got deer for days yep, and their ticks. Yeah yeah, okay, well.
Speaker 1: I would assume I don't know, but we've got fucking millions of deer. But we love dear everyone, We love them. Jason forty one from Wollongong the Gong. I'm not injured. Oh this is really intersecting with what we just said, so maybe just brush over it quickly. I'm just not what I used to be. He's only forty one, bro, Come on, slower recovery, less energy, brain fog some days. Is that just life or something we can intervene with. We'll probably cover that, haven't we. Well, it's not just life, you know. So if you came into my office.
Speaker 2: Today, you would be getting to Starstone labs. We would be looking at your vaccination history, your infection history. We would do some other labs of inflammatory markers. We would get down to the root cause of that and start to figure it out. You should not be in your young forties and feeling that way.
Speaker 1: M Michelle from Sydney. Michelle, if someone has a history of cancer, do you think she means herself or a family herself? Anyway, If someone has a history of cancer, are stem cell treatments risky? Could they stimulate something you don't want stimulated?
Speaker 2: Yes? Possibly. We tend not to want to treat patients with any active or recent cancer with regenerative biologic stem cells that kind of thing. If they have a long remission five years or so, and all their markers and tests are clean, then we can consider.
Speaker 1: It all right. Um, Carol, Ben, if someone bend gold Coast. If someone is overweight or metabolically, that's a very big word, Ben, well done. That sounded condescending. I apologize. If someone is overweight or metabolically unhealthy. Does that reduce the effectiveness? I feel like an academic is writing this, the effectiveness of regenerative treatments.
Speaker 2: Yes, we do love to tune people up in all possible aspects so they can get the most out of a regenitive approach. That's not always possible, you know, and whether whether it's just behavioral or what have you. So if someone comes in and they've got a bad knee, they're trying to avoid surgery, We're going to do something for the knee. But they they drink and they smoke, and they stay out all night and and and don't exercise. I can counsel them, you know, day after day after day, but they'll do better if they clean up their lifestyle and we fix the terrain before we drive across it.
Speaker 1: Last one, last one? Uh, Donna? Donna? Another Donna? I think another donor? Uh sixty three? Donna says. My doctor says everything is in inverted commas normal for my age, but I don't feel normal. Where's the line between medical intervention and just accepting aging?
Speaker 2: Very good question, good question. It's where you want to put it for you, Donna, It's yeah, our declining estrogen for a middle aged woman. Okay, is that normal for age? Yes? Do you want to feel that age or do you want to feel twenty years younger? We can do that, So it just depends on your goals and your desires. Yes, one hundred years ago, fifty years ago, that would be. You know, you're a lower estroge and I picked ESK for Jesus example. But a lower estrogen was normal for an aging woman. But we have we now have the technology to keep you feeling and looking and acting younger if you so desire.
Speaker 1: H D percent. Thanks your question, Donna perfect. It's so interesting the why that all of this is seeming to unfold weld holding at a seemingly accelerating right. Our understanding, our curiosity, our access, especially in the sites. It seems you'd be a fan of RF Kyle, I imagine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love what's happening. It's a real, transparent, open conversation of a look at things that is not driven by the payer or the or the beneficiary like a big pharmaceutical company. So we like what's going on. We hope it trickles down to the low level bureaucrats because the behavior at the low level hasn't changed. It's still of the prior era and we just hope that the the top trickles down.
Speaker 1: We'll get you up by the cop. I appreciate you talk. It's always good. Tell people how theymont connect with you. Somebody might want to have a bit of a medical holiday. Just go I have a place, a few bits, get you know, you fix, get a cuddle from the doc tickety Boo, have catch a few shows, maybe too much food, then fucking get on a quantas flight back home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're we're putting together the You Project Tickety Boo special. You can come over. So I'm learning how to talk like like the bloke that taught me to talk like this, and uh right, yeah listen. I love these questions in this feedback, so please please please text, write, email Craig Harper all day long, fill his inbox, tell us what you want to hear, and if you want a whole show on something, we'll do it. If you want to do the question and answer and you're ready for it, let's do that again. I love it. But we're at re celebrate r E c E l L E B r A t E. That's re Celebrate dot com and at re celebrate on install, TikTok Uh, stem cell, whisper on YouTube, follow us, like us, reach out. We love to meet new people and I'm learning how to talk Australian, so I think we're getting there. I can actually I can converse with almost anybody and from from Darwin, Hobart other places i've heard of. Today, let's let's do it. Colin.
Speaker 1: You're doing very well now, I will say, you're learning the words, but your accent is fucking terrible, right, so we need to work on that now. Like sure, you're mastering a little bit of Australian geography and you've got a few you've got a few ozzy words, but you're saying them like a yank, right, so we need to address that next time.
Speaker 2: I got a crab before I walk, And I don't want to insult anyone, you know, because my exposure to Australia is crocodile dundee.
Speaker 1: Until that, well, that's that's pretty generous and I'm way better than him. It's so at this stage, you're a white belt. You've got a few belts to go, but you're in the academy. You're on the mat. I'm not kicking the shit out of here. Every day. You're catching me a couple of times here and there. So you're going, all right, we will chat something else. I was going to say, Oh, that's what I was going to say. So, boys and girls, the you Project Facebook page, which is a little kind of off my main socials, but it's a nice little group of about four and a half thousand of you that just jump in there a lot and talk and chat. But that's probably although I've asked for these questions in other places before. But for those of you are listening right now, going yeah, that's all good, doc. But where do I go where you actually can go off the back of this and I will get them and I will keep them. Yeah, or one of my team will is just go to the you project Facebook page and sign up. There's no hooks, catches, agendas. We don't sell you anything. There's no upsell on sell, there's fucking nothing. There's just awesome people in a group being awesome, supporting each other, asking good questions and trying to create a unicorn in that space, which is a positive kind of space that we can inhabit with nobody selling anybody anything. Isn't that beautiful? Just like this podcast. Notice we don't sell any shit doc bull chat off here, but appreciate you. See you next time.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you so much