Speaker 1: Better than the leg. Welcome to John's Family podcast for this week, and we've got Jack John's and Patricia John's and Frank on backing vocals. Uh. Cooper John's unavailable today. He's down in Melbourne for the Carl and Jackie Asher.
Speaker 2: I think he's interviewing Katy Perry.
Speaker 3: He really Yeah, she's got a tour she's doing.
Speaker 2: She's doing the A F L GF. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: I suppose there's rumors of dramas going on though there's some something to do with the set list. She's not happy with the setlifts they requested, and let's hope there's not too many dramas.
Speaker 4: Before the songs that everybody knows, probably, and she wants to put some new stuff out.
Speaker 1: Well, she wants to carry on just cancers and get Alex Perry, Sonny's on the head or Neil Perry to cook up a nice meal for.
Speaker 2: This is interesting outfit today. What's going on?
Speaker 1: I watched a movie last night, Ryan Stone, and I thought, got to get me some of that country vibe. So being from the Hunter Valley and you know, down minded chopping a bit of wood every now and then, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know that was technically a country vibe, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah it Coops keeps the sun out of your eyes is country.
Speaker 3: And technically it's a bit history these days, yeah, it's borderline hipstone.
Speaker 1: Now the theme today is England versus the USA. Will inform you more later it will be self explanatory. But feedback questions first one from Terrence and Maitland. Jack had I made out of the club last Saturday night in Sydney. Is it correct that he saw you with Curios?
Speaker 3: There was a there was a we went how to bedate the races?
Speaker 2: You'll get How was the races?
Speaker 3: Good fun? I'm into the races years probably prove pre COVID and it was a lot of fun. It was a good day. It was good crew. We took a couple of Coopers Mads, a couple of mindmades who went and had a good day. And then yeah, later on, further into the night, we caught up with some some of our ex teammates and went into a club and we found ourselves in Nick Curios's booth, which is awesome.
Speaker 1: Did Cooper and Cooper can get to wear water can't? Was he that sort of made initial contact?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know, but there was a cruel fellows. He seemed to know himself. And then I think he might have lost track of who was sort of a part of our gang and who wasn't in the crew. So then essentially he was trying to nail down who looked like a who looked like a footy bloke, and who didn't. And at one point you grab the bouncers. And the funniest part is the bounces me he could grow up with, so so we knew they were and they knew who we were. And he belined at me at one point, and he pointed at me, and did.
Speaker 2: You think at one point, oh, he's gonna have me thrown?
Speaker 3: I thought, I'm thrown out of it. And then no, no, and then and then he he pointed at me and then tells the bouncers who knew me already, See he looks like a footy bloke, all right, look at him. He looked like he plays rugby league. Now this bloke over here, and he pointed at a pretty prominent player in the Regulague community and and pointed at him and used him an example of someone who doesn't look like a footing player and needs to be kicked out of the booth. But no, it was good quality. It was good, good fun good day. Races were un real. It was a good yeah, really good, really good day. We hung out in the Peacock Lounds for a bit. Yeah, it's like that new that's the new part. It's it's open everyone. It's just that section north of the main part. Yeah, they've redone that in that period. Yeah. Yeah, and they're sort of promoting it a bit now.
Speaker 1: More Okay, this one Lucy of Wellington, New Zealand. Hey, Lucy and everyone over there in Wellington. And it's on the Sunday night show. We've got a Saturday night show. This will be at Sean Johnson. We'll get a nice message through from Wane Yoi Marta near Wellington. So there, yeah, Triush. What's documentary about southern Now, this is interesting about southern Italy. It's had a large portion of Italians who live in where you're from the plan region are actually Greek after many Greeks and Spartans settled their centuries ago. Well, well of that, you I did might not you might not know it, but you you might have Greek blood.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Well, my dad was from the north originally family was from the.
Speaker 1: North right Trieste or something they was.
Speaker 4: No, I don't know exactly how fun My brother in law did all the research on him.
Speaker 2: Bless him. May I'm not saying to family to west.
Speaker 1: Last night, I just thought of when I thought the Greeks was the Castle again? You know The Castle, which one of the greatest strange films of all time. And there's a scene I forgot where Sophie Lee, who was Carrigan's daughter, excuse me, married Eric Banner's character who was Greek. Anyway, they do the Daryl Kelligan Carigan gets up the father and does the speech of the wedding. It is very, very funny. He starts and he goes, well, we would have preferred that if he if she married one of ours. But and the Greeks do have a reputation, but we couldn't be happier.
Speaker 3: I just thought it was that.
Speaker 1: I thought it was very similar to when we married with my father.
Speaker 2: What did your dad say?
Speaker 1: What did my father say?
Speaker 2: What at the wedding?
Speaker 1: Or when when you when you first met you, what do you say?
Speaker 4: Uh? Well, I didn't say it to me. I heard it coming through the back door. Jesus christ that's brought.
Speaker 2: A Sheila home.
Speaker 3: I was actually we ran into the races. One of Gary's mates, Jeremy Sylvester, him and his son Jack, they were there, mate, how did you know them? So we went down. Cooper somehow got us into the little paddock in between where you can go in and all the owners and the stakeholders are all in there and you watch them parade right down there the enclosure. Somehow we go in there. Chris Lee's was down there, were catching up with him, and then Jack Sylvesta, who he actually lives in Manly. And Jeremy is of course famous in our family because Gary always tells a story that it's a lie, and Jeremy confirmed this. It was a blatant lie. I never said from his mouth that Gary believes that if you punch a horse hard enough in the neck, it'll give it temporary paralysis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why would anyone do that?
Speaker 1: And yeah, what did he even think of? It? Was sitting having Christmas lunch, but he was unreal.
Speaker 3: He made balls on him too. He sat there after his horses and race, he came and sat with us, had a beer, and he sat there and some race comes up and he goes, oh, I'm not back this one out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: I hope he followed him.
Speaker 3: True it was twenty eight dollars, all right, he goes, I'm back at each hour we go. Mate flew home and flew home and won. What We're all sitting there in awe of him.
Speaker 2: We all need a date the races with Jeremy Sylvester.
Speaker 3: But he told us a story Jeremy about he Reckons a few years back, A lot of years back. He thinks he had a really big night out with Gary and Gazz.
Speaker 2: He thinks he doesn't well, well, I'll just.
Speaker 3: Tell the story truth and basically he but Gaz fell asleep in the back of his car, right out the front of the park, and he came back the next morning to find Gary is still asleep, but someone's broken in and stolen the steering wheel out of the car. He is the most bizarre thing he's ever seen. And Gary doesn't remember anything.
Speaker 2: And whose car was it?
Speaker 3: I think it was Gazzes.
Speaker 1: Now people have been una velly. You know that Sylvester surname is synonymous with Bakeries or Sevenster Sylvester's Pie.
Speaker 2: Sylvester grew out with Jeremy for a little bit.
Speaker 1: As she went out with Mix Sylvester. Mick was a bookie. Yeah, he was booking. Good fellow Mex Sylvester, the Sylvester's and the Johnson's mate like that. This one from Carlisle in the UK. Car carl Island, great place we go through there last year.
Speaker 3: What are you.
Speaker 1: Don't know if you saw Liam Gallagher did a set of songs before the Anthony Joshua fight last weekend. Oh dear, it was very bad. He popped the balloon for me. This is strange now, I reckon. I think he heard here Liam at the moment, there's this just tidal wave of like anticipation for him to get up at the fight and do it. An average sort of average sound system and everything they said it was really tinny sounding. I regon for a lot of people that might have pop the balloon a little bit to an extent, it's.
Speaker 4: An unusual thing for him to have done. But we don't really know what he's been doing. We watched that documentary. He's been doing a lot of a lot more localized sort.
Speaker 1: Of Yes, you think with the big Oasis concert coming up that he wouldn't do that for the I mean it was a Wembley, I get all that, but yeah, I'm with you on that one. I'm with you. Noe would have been filthy anyway. Not to speak for others. This one from not with this another one from north of England, from Leeds in Yorkshire. From Niage, he says Mattie as a young man in his med in his mid twenties, I often heard you refer to the seventies show The Happy Days, as my mother and father did. Jumped online to watch an episode and oh my god, I'm hooked. I love it. If each of you in the family were Happy Days characters, who would be what? Okay, let's start with Cooper. I think Cooper would be Ralph Mouth. Do you think so? Yeah, he's that sort of Welsh humored inappropriate, wrong thing at the wrong.
Speaker 2: Time, gets away with it.
Speaker 1: You're missus c I reckon. I want to be Potsy, Joni Potsy, you want to be Potzy? Put your head on my should.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the lead singer of the band Jacket Mate.
Speaker 1: You're the Fins.
Speaker 3: You are awesome?
Speaker 1: Are You're the fins hanging out in public toilets and I'd be I'm Richie I want to be Richie. Now, let's first one of ours.
Speaker 2: Jack could be Richie because he's.
Speaker 1: He looks like the Fawns. Henry Winkler happy.
Speaker 3: There is pretty my time. Guys, got nothing to do?
Speaker 2: You need to google it.
Speaker 1: Henry Winkler heard a couple of if you need views with him, of like you would not have. You would not hear a more lovely man than Henry Winkler.
Speaker 2: Of course he played the Fawns, who was not so much a lovely man.
Speaker 1: No, the Fawns was a nice guy. He was sort of it was about us.
Speaker 2: He clicked his fingers for chicks to come passion. I don't know if that's a nice man.
Speaker 1: Hang out in toilets.
Speaker 2: He hung that was his office.
Speaker 1: Technically he was thievinger to hit the jukebox, hit the juke box and start to make hit get twenty cent coins out of the because he was the thief yet threat near Yeah yeah the Malachi crunch uh and went out with the sisters where they called something the Hooper Twit triplets this one. Uh, it's time for the theme. First theme, which country would you prefer to live in the USA or England? And which city would have been trush.
Speaker 2: It's hard.
Speaker 4: Both have their per but based on the weather, I went with the USA, and I'd particularly like to live in a place called Caramel up along the top of Big Sur There.
Speaker 1: Clinice would used to be the mayor there.
Speaker 4: But you know what, based on proximity England, you're not going to lose out because you've got all access to all those beautiful countries that you can flip.
Speaker 2: Off to on the weekends.
Speaker 1: So you go in the USA for daily.
Speaker 3: I've gone with the US as well, cob But I think it's just the climate. I think that most people probably agree. Oh well, I don't know, Cobber. I'd like to see you sitting in the middle of the winter in Minnesota. New York a lot going on or to experience.
Speaker 2: I did a lot of cash.
Speaker 1: I think New York winters are like cold in England. I think wins.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like winters generally all year round, it's pretty pretty cold in England.
Speaker 4: I don't necessarily, I don't necessarily think so many I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't agree New York. It's not necessary.
Speaker 1: New York has colder winters then many places in Europe, including England.
Speaker 2: Do you know.
Speaker 4: The thing is, though it might be cold, but you'll still have a blue sky.
Speaker 2: That's the thing with England. Remember when we lived there, and.
Speaker 4: In the February, honestly we arrived there Boxing day, beautiful snowfall.
Speaker 2: I think there was a blue sky.
Speaker 4: But then by the end of February Matt and I were miserable, and we then realized that we had not for the whole month of February, we had not seen the blue sky.
Speaker 2: It had been yea gloomy and overcast that entire time.
Speaker 1: I reckon in the middle of winter though New York, well we're there once, remember February cold it was, and fairy tales New York. We got cars, they got cars full of bars, a river, zoo goal, but the wind cuts right through you. No place for the old.
Speaker 3: It amazed me when I flew into London over Christmas just gone last year, and as you lie in like on the plane, like it's what like lovely, like the sun's out, how like lovely it looks, And then the moment you just start to dip through those clouds, how it just changes dramatically like obviously like but just that thickness of the clouds like you just saw it. Once you look at out the window, you just saw an endless sea of clouds and the beautiful sun. And then you dip down and it's just so dark.
Speaker 2: Isn't it crazy? Because remember when we went to Slavakia as well.
Speaker 4: Skiing now when we were on the flats will call it, we call it, yeah, where we were skiing on the main area. But once you went up in the chairlift and it was a hell of a chairlift, like you literally you went through the clouds, didn't we. And then at the top there there were people with their like shirts, people's shirts off up there having a pint.
Speaker 2: On the other side drinking.
Speaker 1: It was hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you came up there with us.
Speaker 3: I can't remember.
Speaker 1: That was the high tatruck. Slovaki sort of borders Poland a few other countries up there.
Speaker 2: Yes, good place and very amazing, very inexpensive everywhere.
Speaker 3: Else in the world.
Speaker 1: I've gone England, no doubt, north of England. Toss up between Manchester and Liverpool. Probably go Manchester.
Speaker 2: Enjoy living there.
Speaker 1: Good announced for you, Okay, good news, bad news people.
Speaker 4: I read Chris Martin over just over last weekend because there was a big iHeart festival in Vegas and a lot of the celebs are over there performing, and he actually snuck into a karaoke bar called Dino's, which I'm going to be going to seek out next time we're there, and in disguise, got up and sang. Now he did it totally incognito. He did it. They were filming it for a new video for a new song.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought that'd be pretty cool though, if you're there? Would this guy sounds all right?
Speaker 4: But like he had like full body suit, he shave looked entirely different.
Speaker 2: He looked, you know, he had his suit on a bad week.
Speaker 4: And yeah, would I would I stay and listen? Yeah, because I'm guessing that it's still going to sound good. I've been a bit suspicious when it was a song nolready knew.
Speaker 3: Yeah, awesome, I got a I got a good, good feedback over the weekend at the races. Yeah, a lot of listeners recipe. So we're there on the Saturday. Obviously, the episodes come out Monday, Friday morning. I had two listeners come up to me. They lived together, a couple of fellas, and they cooked recipe of the week, the easy meal Bretas on the Friday night and they loved them and their meal. Prepping them for work this week.
Speaker 2: Fabulous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're got all of them too. They're still in the freezer.
Speaker 3: There's four of the freezer sitting there. Now, were you.
Speaker 2: Toast those or were you and the toaster frozen?
Speaker 3: It might be take a while on the toaster, so I'm not putting the microwave or the other microwave.
Speaker 1: Then maybe we toast them. Maybe do both. Bad news this week to talk about people having a rough trot. J Lo and Ben Affleck unable to get a quick sale on their sixty four million dollar mansion. My heart does not stop bleeding for.
Speaker 4: These So the taxes are savage on luxury properties over there in California.
Speaker 2: Savage.
Speaker 3: Oh, mate, what happened to young Larvae?
Speaker 1: Oh made unbelievable?
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: Sorry, don't go back to the world because marriage is really that bad cover.
Speaker 1: Next one I've.
Speaker 2: Got, I've got another bad one.
Speaker 4: I went to visit my little mate, Brandon Smith last week in the hospital over at the Martyr and Mate, it took me ten minutes out on the street because they have a new street parking app, so I had to create an account Yeah, so you can't. There's no tapping, there's no you need to download an app, then you need to attach a credit.
Speaker 2: Card to that to then pay for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's ridiculous. What about what?
Speaker 4: Oh, this is what I was thinking, especially right near the hospital, I was thinking, what about all the old people?
Speaker 1: They bringing up all these new things. All I know it is like they're almost trying to catch people. The people get there and they won't be able to work, and they just go just leave it.
Speaker 4: It's making it easier for someone, you know, there's no meta things. They's making it easier for someone, But then everyone else is having to do the work. So I'm sitting there for ages getting it all sorted other another one go on, and you know the other thing.
Speaker 2: It was just recently brought to my attention.
Speaker 4: I've heard of it before, and I know people who this has happened to.
Speaker 2: There's a new.
Speaker 4: Trend of new parents, whatever generation they are. I guess, say Jack's Z sort.
Speaker 2: Of generation.
Speaker 4: Who won't let the grandparents see the baby when it's firstborn and saying no, can you just stay away? We want to bond with our baby for like a week or two. It's common it's becoming common play.
Speaker 3: That you really I feel like I feel like you guys would be extremely overbury. And look at the dog, for example.
Speaker 4: Look at the dog in my lab that don't come looking for a babysitter any time or help.
Speaker 1: Don't worry come to me.
Speaker 3: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait to become a grandfather. And by the way, shout out to Mark Geyer, my old colleague. Here they have become grandparents. Poppy, Poppy guy, Poppy.
Speaker 2: I know he will be a poppy, he would be.
Speaker 1: Poppy here character on tripa poppy poppy Gilmore. Sorry, poppy guy out.
Speaker 4: Don't you remember when Jack was born? Everyone was there, They went in the room.
Speaker 2: It was beautiful waiting. It was really beautiful. It's a really special time.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Was absolutely.
Speaker 1: It was. You wouldn't leave his side. And and yeah, I just I don't.
Speaker 2: Know why they want to share.
Speaker 1: That selfishness of some people these days.
Speaker 2: I kind of think it is.
Speaker 1: It's like, I know yours, it's mine baby need to be loved all. It takes a village to raise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and once you have that child, and you had them growing for a bit, you will realize that very quick, smart.
Speaker 1: It's not a ball, it's not a tennis for people share it around.
Speaker 3: This right.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this is good news or bad news. I ready to a neighbor yesterday. I'm not going to say who it was. I don't want to embarrass her. She listened to the podcast last week, heard us talking about Johnny Sins jumped online and she said she was horrified at the size of the pienis. She said it was, in her words, mouth warring. I said, correct you on that eye watering. She said, no, mouth watering.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: I've seen you talking to a few of the neighbors, the female folk in the last week, trying to think she blonde or brunette, saying very oh dear, oh dear, very careful.
Speaker 1: The guys, which country produces the best music? Give me two examples of why.
Speaker 3: Obviously the US and England. I've gone with. I work with England. I think in terms of a lot of the stuff in America, I think a lot of it stems from the English music. Two examples, I'd go the Rolling Stones and led Zeppelin. I think those are two bands that deeply influenced the American market. But yeah, I just think that some of the more hardcore is stuff, especially between the early sixties through to the late seventies, come out of England.
Speaker 1: It's funny. I find English music has more soul and it's very interesting when you listen to more interesting. There's two genres of nineties music just created all prefaces I've gone for England as well, like rock and rollin blues are invented down south in America. But the English, in my opinion, have perfected and they change almost they change eras like how the Beatles change music. But then you've got led Zeppelin, Nash in the seventies, nineties with britpop, eighties with acid house, you know, with Happy Mondays and Stone Roses and whatnot. And what's interesting there, Jack, what you just said, and I've just forgotten what you were talking about.
Speaker 3: Is really really great hosting their com now what they do very unless of that, just what they do is you said before, I actually go oftentimes with the Americans started, it's sort of cycles, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: If you listen to the genre of nineties music, there are two two types of nineties music. You get American nineties music, which is very much skateboarder, sort of wind rock type music. Nineties is Oh it's britpop, Oasis, all those greats.
Speaker 3: Yeah, n I wouldn't say that as much. I'd say, like the the grunge.
Speaker 1: Stuff in the nineties is pretty early nineties.
Speaker 3: Early nineties. Yeah, but that went through to that went through the probably late nineties.
Speaker 1: Well that's your opinion, No worries, buddy, that was gruns was grunds was happening to be Utrish.
Speaker 2: I went England as well, and my examples are Coldplay, Adele.
Speaker 1: Cold Plays getting a lot of starts.
Speaker 2: What is your issue with Christmas? It is so weird?
Speaker 1: Just be a very nice person.
Speaker 2: How would you know someone might look at you and think that same thing?
Speaker 1: Who would think that?
Speaker 3: Would? What about people coming out of work for Dave Grohl at the moment, still getting more and more people just coming out and absolutely hammering him more strippers.
Speaker 1: Oh, Trish, she's just got up and about. So you're all up and about when talking about your boyfriend Dave Groll there because let's face it, you might be a chance.
Speaker 3: Boyfriend knowing he at the momentary not.
Speaker 2: Much time to remember before he talked too much. So I play the music.
Speaker 1: Buddy did ten songs and each time he spay ten minutes going the songs, even the people going to sing the song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was too much to turn.
Speaker 1: Down this week, guys, any stories going around?
Speaker 4: I went on a boat with some girlfriends. We sink, son of us actually have a boat. We hired a boat like she was a catamaran, but very entertaining raised me. Went to go up to the playlist on the iPad for the music system, and the ones that had been previously loaded were sloody playlist for hose.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: And we looked at the cat and he went, oh, there was an eighteenth on here on the weekend.
Speaker 2: It must have been the playlist.
Speaker 3: And do you know any of the songs were?
Speaker 2: They played? One that was horrible.
Speaker 4: We didn't even know it was late Yeah, get rid of that. N some sort of dance music one. And the other thing I learned because there were some girls on there I didn't know. I don't just met. And there's a show apparently it's a reality television. I don't know what it's on, called The Secret Lives of Mormon Wives.
Speaker 2: Anyone heard about it?
Speaker 4: No, it's actually a reality Because at first I thought it must have been fictitious, but no, no, it's a reality show. These are real people. I said, there may not be a season two. Once they're sprung. Who's heard of light swinging? Well, this is what they do because they're all young, because they're married, very young babies.
Speaker 2: You know, they're twenty two, they've already got children, kids.
Speaker 3: They have urges, don't they trush? And you know you can't hold on those urges.
Speaker 4: For so they marry and so they engage in light swinging.
Speaker 2: Explain, well, it's anything except for intercourse.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, I heard with other people they're married couples.
Speaker 1: How far it's cheating holding hands?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay? What about relative.
Speaker 2: That's different, isn't it? Is it?
Speaker 1: Because incest is the thing I was hearing about soaking the other day, Copper, that's a big one.
Speaker 3: That's a big one. The process of it goes that there's an insertion in terms of the SEXU world, but pre marriage, and someone will jump on the bed for them to create the friction because there's no thrusting movement, so it's there's nothing wrong with it. So if they want to have friction, they have someone jump on the bed for them. To create the friction. But then there's there's just there's there's what do you call it? When something's just stable copper, it just remains. Yeah, it's like it's just like that steady soaking. So you just sit there and it's just like eye contact with just steering.
Speaker 1: Count if someone pushed up and down.
Speaker 2: A watered well.
Speaker 3: Apparently no thrusting movements allowed.
Speaker 1: Interesting. A friend of mine went to university in Utah, which is a Mormon capital, and they said, yes, some of the dating stuff was interesting.
Speaker 3: Mate. Speaking of sing, are we going to talk about the foota this weekend?
Speaker 1: Oh god, I'll tell you what we will. We'll take a break and we'll come back and we'll talk football. Welcome back. Big weekend football coming up this weekend. The Grand Final qualifiers. We've got on the Friday night Melbourne Storm up against the Roosters. That'll be a cracking game at Amy Park. Crucially, I've got.
Speaker 2: The AFL Grand Finals the next day.
Speaker 1: AFOL Grand on Saturday, and the Saturday night another big one. We'll get the Penrith Panthers versus Coronella Sharks, both of those clubs coming in nineteen sixty seven.
Speaker 4: Do you realize that the AFL Grand Final is the Sydney Swans and the Brisbane Lines, so not at Melbourne club in Yeah.
Speaker 2: I only just found out today from Astio he's getting down there. I thought, so there.
Speaker 4: Handle that all the Melbourne nights. Are we supporting the Storm in the Rugby League?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, true, true, true. I wonder how expensive the fop? Can you imagine how expensive the flights are from Sydney to Melbourne at the moment?
Speaker 3: Melbourne as well.
Speaker 1: Don't make it. Yeah jeez, that that sucks when they do that. They always catch the North fans out. They always catch them out. It's just mean spirited where I just looked this morning flights on the Saturday morning from Melbourne to Sydney. So I'm thinking about going down a road trip. Our neighbors, the Scogs Scogs he ran me just before and he's got a crew. They're going to leave tomorrow Thursday. Go down. What's the Storm game? Fly back on the Saturday morning?
Speaker 3: How do you find the Saturday show? Cola, he's away for years, have left Thursday nights.
Speaker 1: I love at this end of year when it hits the finals. We do one show a week and what a beauty. It is one shower week. It actually feels like the last week of school mate.
Speaker 3: Your demographics just shifts as well like that. It's just well, it's the same people, but they're doing different things on a Saturday than they are a Sunday night, and it really plays into your hand. I believe who do.
Speaker 1: You think wins Friday Night? Is it straightforward? Is it going to be a Storm Panther's Grand Final? Do you think it's straight Yes.
Speaker 3: If it's the way the season's gone, Like the Storm and Penrith deserve to be there more so, and I've said this before the finals. They deserve to be there more so than any teams. And I can't split them if they get there. I find them extremely hard to split. I'm going to lean towards the Storm if they get there, but I'm actually.
Speaker 4: Thinking I wouldn't mind going to the Grand Final if a span Others and Storm.
Speaker 2: They've said that in a long time.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of like, there's a lot around the roosters at the moment though, there's a lot of emotion around them, a lot of blokes leaving like they're obviously a bit battle. You know, they got some wounds at the moment with Sam Walker and Brandon Gorne, but Jared's back big performance on the weekend, Joey Marner's you know they've got those final games. I really think they can trouble Melbourne. It's that they can. They can if they if they want to win the Roosters, they need to have almost like a knockout victory in the in the center field, in the yardage, because even even if it just equated, even if the if they just held their own, the storm will blood apart through the middle.
Speaker 2: With were creative, the storm at full strength. They're missing anyone.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that true. They're they're at full strength. But as Jack said, mate, that the Rooster's pack is, it's a beauty. You know you've got You've got j w h You've got Lindsay Collins, you've got Spencer, you got Victor. Hit them under the ribs, Angus Crichton, who has been the best food in the competition. Jackets, but a lot of as I said before, they've got to be in my opinion, they've got to totally dominate the Melbourne forwards. Doesn't happen a lot, but not without a chance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, same as the Sharks. That Sharks can give Penrith a bit of trouble. But with Nathan back the extra week after the shoulder, he performed so well week one of the finals. I find them and I find them incredibly hard to be Penrith at Penrith at a core a.
Speaker 1: Core, so hopefully big cred hopefull, A lot of people from the Shire go there, and of course the Penrith Panthers fans will just flock hopefully.
Speaker 4: Call I thought Panthers home is Penrod.
Speaker 1: It's a funny, real trish. Is it a funny what this was to do with capacity? I think yes, it is in corporate because so.
Speaker 3: When you go into the final series, obviously clubs run their own corporate suites and the whole corporate side of it done is done, you know, at your home stadium, as every club does New Garsla McDonald jones. Of course Penrith had Pepper, but I think there's a certain because the ener NRL control all the sales in terms of corporate stuff through the series. So essentially, if you're running the corporate stuff once the final starting your team's in, you're just your foot off the pedal. You you let them kept take control. That's why tickets can be a lot harder to get during the final series as well.
Speaker 4: Obviously, again but of course stadium because better facilities.
Speaker 3: They've got better corporates, So obviously the NRL would have sold, especially with a team like Penrith who are pretty well guaranteed to be in the finals. I'd say the better bit of wheeling and dealing.
Speaker 1: At the moment, the capacity of Penrith is about twenty eight?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 1: Where a core is a very strong chance? Twenty twenty eight would be surprising, to be fair, Yeah, it might be, like, but they they've got the reno is about to happen, which will up the up the andy And.
Speaker 2: Where will they play when their rennots are being done?
Speaker 3: Good question? West?
Speaker 1: Maybe Bank?
Speaker 2: Oh that's a fab stage.
Speaker 1: I think Bank For Penrith fans, I think Bank West would be the preferred.
Speaker 3: Option closer Core.
Speaker 1: It just feels so vacuous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's just you know what they'd probably feel it.
Speaker 4: Penrith fans, they're pretty dedicated, They travel and they you know.
Speaker 1: This is really interesting because if they play each other in the Grand We had Nathan sitting here at the start of the interviewing him for Backstage, he spoke about we said rut. He said, one of the defining moments or defining games which has sent Penrith on this amazing dynasty of winning three comps and rail ahead four is when they played Melbourne in twenty twenty and he said Melbourne, he said, we played like boys, they played like men. They bullied us, and he said, we made a promise that we'd never ever be bullied again. So this is really interesting that after all this time they came up against each other again.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, And like the twenty twenty Grand Final, you know, which was to see those two in the GF storm and Penrith. Like the twenty twenty Grand Final, Nathan spoke a lot about how much of an impact that loss had on the team at the back end of that first COVID year. And I'd be very interesting to see, like every game between those two teams since has been one to twelve wins, like one to twelve point wins. I think it could be one of the great like one of the great Grand Finals and great.
Speaker 1: And the great clash of styles, because if you have a like Penrith have got a running edge in the middle of the field. But I look at Penrith and to me they look like really past strategic, where if you look at Melbourne through the middle they are just run, run, run. So it's really slight differing in styles too, which make great fights.
Speaker 3: But it's also been a stranger year for both teams too, like missing key personnel. Like the thing that I that I believe that will maybe it's such a great Grand Final having those two teams is in is that the big name players and the big stars that have already played in big games have been well rested this year besides maybe Harry Grant, maybe Ozio and a couple others, but the players that haven't got as much experience this year in the Grand Finals, those players have had a lot of experience in close matches this year because of all the loss of those personnels, so they've been able to grind out games in really like Penrith for example, has grinded out a lot of games without Nathan simply because you know, teams have been able to match them in like you know, obviously they've got the reputation, but without Nathan makes.
Speaker 1: That bit harder, of course it does.
Speaker 3: So it's wanting to get some seasoned ready to go.
Speaker 1: When he comes back, they're run with the wind. It's like without him, they're running into the wind. With him, we are probably getting ahead of ourselves. The Grand Final very well might be Rooster's Sharks.
Speaker 3: Yeah I know you don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you done?
Speaker 3: It could be it could be.
Speaker 2: Got to have a bet.
Speaker 1: You can't help yourself, can you. It's all about betting. Okay, what do you tell me?
Speaker 4: You think the Grand Final will be Penrith Storms?
Speaker 1: You've got fifty it okay, okay, we'll do it like this. You pick Storm Penrith. If that is the Grand Final, I'll give you twenty dollars. However, if it's if it's something different, if it's an another combination, if the Roosters or Sharks win, you've got to give me a hundred if you do that. No, No, that's that's fair.
Speaker 3: OD say, for example, Cobo, it was a Shark's Rooster's Grand Final. Who wins that?
Speaker 1: God, let's not. We have really so many questions. People get involved, Send us a send us the facts, same quick break and we'll come back and a lot more to get through. Welcome Back theme time. Which country do you prefer to watch? Films from give me a favorite film from that country and your favorite actor.
Speaker 2: True, I didn't give you actor. I have to say film.
Speaker 4: I'm going USA just because over the years they've just had so many you know what I mean, From Green Book, Star Is Born and the Book.
Speaker 2: The list is literally.
Speaker 3: There's there's a lot of I think there's a lot of movies that come out of America. I think from what I've heard.
Speaker 1: Did I just say that Jungle Book, Book of v I any other books? Book Thief.
Speaker 4: I have to say I love UK television series dramas. You do the drama series there, they're comedies, After Life, The Fall, The Split, Bad Sisters, Like they have some great I like how they do series more so than the US.
Speaker 1: What's the extra extras again? Last night? Oh yeah, I was literally by Jimmy James.
Speaker 3: I've gone the US No surprise actor. I've gone with Jack Nicholson, like a movie like the Departed Scorsese movie. I love Jack Nicholson. I think he's like the epitome of American actors just because of his like, you know, he's careless twang and he's like he's he can play a villain better than anyone.
Speaker 1: To scally wag.
Speaker 4: But what is the movie? Where is the colonel? And there's the law, there's the court case.
Speaker 2: It he's awesome that.
Speaker 3: But then even when he plays like a sort of likable, likable characters, he's just got that scally way him that is easily like liked as good. I heard it's a funny thing, Like it's a funny thing with those sorts of characters like the likable, which I guess in a lot of ways like.
Speaker 1: The unfortunately ours is down in Melbourne now.
Speaker 3: The funny thing I heard. I heard a podcast. I listened to one at the start of the year and they talk about Wayne Bennett and how Wayne sees himself as a bit of a straight one eighty but he loves surrounding himself and I see it now when I was coached by him, Like he used to sit at the back of the bus always, and he admits to him and he said in the podcast himself, he goes, because I'm, you know, straight one. I don't want to sit with the other straight one eighties in the front of the bus and assistants and all that sort of stuff and the football staff because I'd rather, you know, the scallyways they've got better stories, and I'd rather hear better story.
Speaker 1: Good that he's to jump on the bus and go right out of the back with Alfie and Kevy Wallers. Andy, Right, we'll just get up to last night. Yeah, I've gone. I've gone. English moves like twenty four Hour Party People, the Trip, Monty Python, the Commitments, well that it was an Irish movie. But nonetheless, you know my favorite actors, I got two the English, Christian Bale and Tom Hardy. Those two brilliant actors.
Speaker 3: Now you've got a fixation with Tom Hardy d I just love his films. Christian Baldo is probably one of the best actors in the last twenty five years.
Speaker 1: I think he's the best actor.
Speaker 3: He's unreal like some of the movies he's done and some of the roles he's played, yeah, incredible, everything from boxing to superhero to like gangsters to whatever. Incredible And he's always good.
Speaker 1: And that movie Empire of the Sun Spills a kid movie when he was a kid, That is one of the greatest performances by a child in cinema history.
Speaker 3: But what about like his range, think about something like that to then something like let's say, for example, Batman to something like American psycho to playing you know, other villains, and everything he plays is just a bit different. There's nothing about that villain well a little too well. A lot of people will get surprised when they see they hear his accent because he plays a lot of Americans.
Speaker 2: It's quite a few like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Gillian Anderson is another one. Remember the X Files Chicky she's English? Yeah, Hugh, Hugh, I can't remember. He said no, no, no, he said no.
Speaker 3: The is she she American? But she plays she's American? I think? And then she does a really good English accent.
Speaker 1: That Jack's right.
Speaker 3: I think I've heard that because she's in another show I've seen recently. You might be right, and I think she's American and people get put off when they hear with an American accent, and because her English accent so good.
Speaker 4: And do you know another big one is in Yellowstone the daughter who's loose as oh yeah, yeah, is it?
Speaker 2: She's English?
Speaker 1: Is she?
Speaker 2: She's English? And she's so rough and ready in yellow Sel.
Speaker 3: Usually America, the English do American accents really well. But it's very rare to find Americans that do English. Access.
Speaker 1: Another one, Gary oldman too. Yeah he's English. He's English. Jesus talking triush your quiz.
Speaker 4: Okay, Just because there were the two of you here today, I thought I'm going to just do a straight out gen X and in case you needed to know about your gen X versus jen Z and jack your jen z am.
Speaker 3: I I didn't even know that I should know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't know. I had to look it up.
Speaker 4: So jen Z ninety seven to twenty twelve, millennials eighty one to ninety six, we don't have any millennials in our house. X sixty five to nineteen eighty All right, who'd like to go first?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, jen Z? So five questions? Who gets most of their category? Gen Z people are also known as what jack Ah, I'll give you multiple choice? A Boomers, the zoomers see hoomers or d.
Speaker 1: Loomers.
Speaker 4: Zenna's say zoomers because just correct, definitely correct.
Speaker 3: Never heard that before that, I've never heard that.
Speaker 2: Well, given that you didn't even know you're a gen Z person, I thought i'd give you what is.
Speaker 3: The what is the even point of giving a letter to the generation we're in now? It's weird, like who judges it's ninety seven to twenty twelve.
Speaker 2: I know who who who?
Speaker 1: I don't know who you're now Mexican Mexican tonight just sort of montage.
Speaker 3: Wait do you hear recipe of the week coming out car?
Speaker 1: But that's a hit looking forward?
Speaker 4: Okay, Jack back to you, which jen zr Is known for saying, you are never too small to make a difference.
Speaker 3: Greta Thumberg.
Speaker 1: Very good.
Speaker 3: Well, there's no one else out there that preaches quite like thumb right.
Speaker 2: Well, that's right, she's one of your more Okay, don't question three.
Speaker 4: Jen Z kids are the first group to have grown up with A computers, B Internet access, CEE, cell phones or D video games internet access. Very good, you're three out of three pressures. Okay, this one make you stump you. Fenty is a beauty brand by which celebrity A Rihanna, B Kylie Jenner see Billie Eilish or D Lady Gaga.
Speaker 3: Fenty Yeah. Uh, I'm gonna go with it's one of the first two.
Speaker 2: I think because A Rianna or B Kylie Jenner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they both. I've seen that. They're both like multi's because of it or billions or whatever it is. It's one of the I'm going to go with I'm going to go with Colie Jenna.
Speaker 4: She's actually just called Kylie I think, ah right, it's Rihanna all right, yeah, Fenti.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks Tu sorry about that. Won't be ripping it.
Speaker 2: All clearly, it wasn't you that was using my lipstick? Then number five? Okay?
Speaker 4: Which actress? Jen Z actress was in both the Greatest Showman and Spider Man No Way Home?
Speaker 3: The Greatest Showman yep and Spider.
Speaker 2: Man No Way Home. You should know this, Jesus, even though I know this.
Speaker 3: The Greatest Showman Spider Man No Way Home.
Speaker 2: Do you want a clue?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yet?
Speaker 4: She may have found a boyfriend in the Spider Man MOVIEZDA. Yes, and thank you to all those people who sent me video Eclipse of Zendaa for Matthew's knowledge, since he didn't know who.
Speaker 2: She was last week.
Speaker 1: You go, buddy typical?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're four and a five. That's pretty good, Jack, okay.
Speaker 4: Gen x Matthew, what would you do with a polaroid photo to make it develop faster?
Speaker 1: You shake it?
Speaker 2: Very good? That's one out of one. What was the Pepsi Challenge Pepsi challenges.
Speaker 1: They would have unlabeled that have coke and they'd have PEPSI. Take a sip? Which one do you think is best?
Speaker 2: Very good to? Out of two? Name three guys?
Speaker 4: Madonna was in a relationship Madonna Madonna?
Speaker 1: Madonna? Okay, it was Guy Ritchie to Sean Penn, yep two, you need one? It was it was I've gone Sean Penn, I've gone Guy Ritchie, and I've gone I've gone Warren Bady.
Speaker 2: There was a rumor that she was very good also, Dennis Rodman.
Speaker 3: I think that was that was. Yeah. I don't know if it was an official thing with that.
Speaker 2: I don't think any of them.
Speaker 3: God he could read she married God mate? Could he rebound? Was he physical?
Speaker 1: His physical levels were the chat Warren Baby here?
Speaker 2: Three out of three? Okay? Number four?
Speaker 4: What was the name of Radiohead song creep I Haven't finished Sorry? What was the name of the Radiohead song from ninety five where the music video showed a person just laying in the middle.
Speaker 2: Of a sidewalk.
Speaker 1: Okay, computer, is that your answer? That was the answer? That was the album? Okay, computer, i'ld say I'd say creep.
Speaker 3: No, just and Creep wasn't even on that album. Yeah, so you just wasn't there.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Okay, it's three out of four. Okay, you gotta get this to draw with Jacko.
Speaker 4: What were you required to do before returning a VHS videotape to Blockbuster?
Speaker 1: Please rewind? Because four out of.
Speaker 2: Five were done?
Speaker 3: Is there a tiebreaker? That was it?
Speaker 2: That's pretty good?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: I was time people, it has come for this show to apex Recipe of the Week.
Speaker 3: Jazz are all welcome. Okay, recipe of the week. Obviously, we've got great feedback last week people. Actually, it amazes me that people actually kind of.
Speaker 1: Like how race digging it?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I met a guy on Thursday who does a He has a it's called date Date Night Eats or Date Night Food. It's on Instagram something like that, and he was he was told that I have a rest Cooper might have ted him up SOLDI. I had a recipe segment and he wants to do a collab. Really yeah, yeah, so we'll see. I think I'm a bit more rats ass than Thanks Trish, Thanks True, Thanks Mom. Let's do this so I'm doing salsa go on Mexican again. It was such a beak hit last week, so it was gonna make homemade salsa. Okay, So what you're gonna do is you're gonna get three red tomatoes, You're going to get two green one green capskin, two dice onions, and between one to three jalapenos without seas, depending on what kind of heat level you want.
Speaker 2: Could I ask, are they what sort of onions do you Spanish?
Speaker 3: Just white onions? And then I want you to put them on a tray in the oven or or grill them on the barbecue. Right, it doesn't take long, don't worry. Whole, Yeah, all of them whole. And then what we're going to do is we're going to take them off. You're going to take off any really darkly burnt bits, and then you're gonna chuck him in the blender. Chuck them in the blender with a little bit of coriander and half a clove of garlic and then a little bit of a whole limes worth of lime juice. I want you to squeeze it into it, blend it. There you go. Salsa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nice creamy salta not a chunky one like that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I don't know it creamy yeahmay well it's smooth.
Speaker 1: Ye hear my stomach is growling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So there you go, Salsa.
Speaker 1: We're gonna we're gonna make it. We're going to make this.
Speaker 3: We've got to make a book. And I'll put it pretty much to the exact context is the way I say it. So there's lots of arms and.
Speaker 4: Lots of pauses and question marks over whether you're cutting them up or you're putting them in a.
Speaker 1: Hole exactly right now. Okay, last of the themes, who does sport better England or the US? Your favorite sport in that country Jewish USA.
Speaker 2: And it's NFL. Obviously.
Speaker 4: I think they're going to do such a great job with the twenty twenty Olympics.
Speaker 5: Flag football is going to be in what's flag football?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 1: FLA football is, It's American football. It's similar like we have touch football, you know, excuse me, the tags in the side. The Americans do the same, but where it's not body contract with the flag on the side. This talk that's going to be included.
Speaker 3: Jecko. US they do they do like the English do sport well. But I really feel like the US the greatest in terms of sport hype and self promotion. In terms of sport over there is second to none.
Speaker 1: It's incredible.
Speaker 3: It's incredible the way they ye, even the fact that they've got the nerve to make all of their titles in each competition, World Championship. He just says everything you need to know, bigger, the better, the best exactly. And you know what, fair enough?
Speaker 1: If the Kansas City Chiefs win the Super Bowl, I'm sorry, guys, you aren't the world champions until you beat One Day United.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, and the.
Speaker 1: Hexa Hawks or the Cloverly Crocodiles. Mate. Because at the end of the day, that's it. People. You don't win on payper. You've got to go and do it, guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's the thing with America. They see America as the world.
Speaker 1: That's right actually for the flat Earthers believe when you go past La and New York, you go straight off.
Speaker 3: Next week, let's let's bring our own arguments cover and let's debate Trooper and and Trisha, why we you and I believe the Earth is flat?
Speaker 1: Please don't ra on the have that your own I've gone, I've gone. It's got to be the US. I love the Premier League, Premier League soccer but the NFL is a beast, and you're right. It's the way they broadcast it, it's the way they promote it.
Speaker 2: It's it's wale gating out the front.
Speaker 1: It's the way they promote their their players. It's they become household names. Whereas with the EPL, a lot of them, a lot a lot of them are stars.
Speaker 2: Players buy in there, they do.
Speaker 3: The big one too, is like the media in terms of the media, like the tall poppy syndrome is probably something obviously we haven't here in Australia, but i'd say something like I've heard people say it's almost to a worse degree in England. Yes, So in that fact of self promotion, the US are very you know, if you have a star, they you know, they hype around, you know, the hype it so much further, whereas in England, if you know, you have a star and a night out, they'll probably you know, the press gets a bit of a oh yeah, yeah, they go hard over there, whereas in the US they're more so, they're happier just to promote the hell out of something.
Speaker 1: They're rooting for.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they say, that's the difference with stand up comedy. They say, what's the difference between stand up comedy in England and Australia compared to stand up comedy in America? They said, when you when you get on stage and your stand up comedian in America, they're will and be good, they're hoping, they're on your side, he said, whereas in England Australia we sit there and go all right, quit, let's see if you're funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'd almost want to see him fail. Sometimes that's almost as funny.
Speaker 1: It makes you feel better, it does true, got any feedback to finish with.
Speaker 4: Look, I've just got a big welcome to new listener little baby Pierre. Mum Rene messaged me through the week and said she's getting Little Pier started on the podcast listening habits early and they're listening during the morning and night feeding.
Speaker 1: We're talking about Johnny Seams. I don't think.
Speaker 4: That's I think she'll observed. But I've got a little something for you though. I heard a story the other day about a man who went into a bar with his dog and because like lots of places are letting dogs in bars. One the other day, yeah it's awesome, and the bartender goes, oh, you can't bring that dog in here, and he goes, oh, but it's my seeing eye dog.
Speaker 2: The man apologized that I'm really sorry. I didn't realize that.
Speaker 4: The first drink's on me. No problem. Man takes his drink and he goes sits at a table right up near the front of the bar. Another blake walks in the bar with a two hour and the first man stops and goes, look, you can't bring your dog in here, but if you tell the guy that's a seeing eye dog, it'll be fine. Guy goes, thanks for the heads up, mate, So he goes up to the bar and wands to drink. Bartender goes, you can't bring that dog in here. The blake goes, oh, look, it's okay. He's my seeing eye dog. Bartender, guys, that's not a seeing eye dog. They don't use two hours as a seeing eye dog.
Speaker 2: Man goes, what they gave me a.
Speaker 1: Jur Have a good You are laughing.
Speaker 3: You can see you.
Speaker 1: I'm laughing. It's a little bit like when you watch Karadi Kid three. It's so bad, it's good. Guys.
Speaker 4: Have a good week, have a great weekend.