Speaker 1: Lately. Welcome to the late Bad, Well Good evening and thanks for joining us.
Speaker 2: I'm James Macpherson with Freyerlitch and filling in for Caleb Bond who's just hosted Paul Murray Live. Caroline Marcus coming up tonight. We all saw the French president's wife shove him in the face, but now a lip reading expert reveals what she said to him right after that incident.
Speaker 1: We'll get to that shortly.
Speaker 2: Plus, when we look at what's making news tomorrow, a radical imam apologizes to Jews and then in the next.
Speaker 1: Breath calls for all oppresses to be killed.
Speaker 2: And a man narrowly escapes death after accidentally taking his wife's euthanasia medication. All of that shortly, but first, working from home, at least part time is at least as productive as working in the office. That's according to a new report from the Productivity Commission that was released this week. The report found that people working from home take less sickies and are less distracted. They also report a higher level of job satisfaction, which then begs the question, well, what's happening to productivity in this country? Because it's going down. Well, the productivity Commission says it's nothing to do with people working in their pajamas from home. It's just the fact that the employers aren't providing enough new technology. They're not equipping staff with the means to have greater output.
Speaker 1: So here's the deal.
Speaker 2: Working from home is obviously contentious because the Coalition went to an election and lost promising to put public servants back into the office. So does this settle the matter? The Coalition lost an election on this issue. The Productivity Commission say working from home doesn't affect productivity? Is the debate finally over? Is working from home here to stay?
Speaker 3: Freyer Well, I think it definitely is here to stay in some form, and now that we've got hybrid work arrangements, I think they're too entrenched to really wind back.
Speaker 4: But I would say that I probably.
Speaker 3: Disagree with this Productivity Commission study on a few levels. I mean, one, with economics, you can kind of make modeling say whatever you want it to say if you use the right data. But also it is true business investment has been going down for the last twenty years, really, but we have seen a dramatic fall in productivity since COVID. It's down about five point seven percent from its peak. Now, when you hear stories of public servants working from home but actually going on caravan rides around Australia and then you see that huge collapse in productivity, it does make you wonder. Surely, I know some people are super productive at home, but on the whole there have to be some people that are just raughting the system. And that's my issue with working from home.
Speaker 5: You know what, you don't have to be working from home to rule the system. And I think we all know people in the workplace, you know, present company, people in the workplace who take the piss frankly and slacking off and really are dragging it down for everyone else. And I think those are the same people who, if you put them in a home environment, are going to rut the system even further. I mean, aside from this report, I know from my own personal experience is having young children, I've often had to do some of what I can do in this job, whether it be research or writing up pieces for the website or a lot of you know work that goes behind the scenes in a television job. I'm able to do that from home, and it's often means I'm up late but I can be there for the bedtime for the kids where possible, and it is a godsend. And I think for young families who do not have a choice except to be working at the time where they've raising their children, because who can afford not to these days, it is an absolute blessing. And my husband often does it and helps out, and he's absolutely not slacking off. So I hope long continue. I'd like to be public servants, not wrought the system. I think a lot of them probably are. And it's a shame that the coalition's policy on this went down like a lead balloon, because in many respects I think it was It was good because I think for a lot of people there's no excuse they can easily be in the workplace.
Speaker 2: I'm going to argue that you and your husband, wonderful people, are the exception. I think most people slack off when they're working with that's.
Speaker 5: Not what they actually found.
Speaker 4: And I know.
Speaker 2: Lies and statistics, right, and if you're slacking off at the office, I agree. There's a lot that slack off at the office, but it's easier to slack off at home, so I think.
Speaker 5: But in some respects, you want to prove yourself even more you want to continue to have that privilege. I mean not if you're in the public service and your sort of your salary is you know you've got it on some kind of tenure, you're like locked in. That's the problem with the public service. The problem is also that it's taxpayer funded, so we there needs to be accounted there. But if you're working for a company, if I'm working for a network like scut, if I'm not producing stories, I'm eventually not going to be able to hold my job. So I think people have to prove themselves even more when they're working from home.
Speaker 2: In some respect, I still think if you're a boss, then you have the right to say, if I'm paying you, then I want you here not there, and that's my right.
Speaker 1: I'm paying the wages.
Speaker 2: If you don't like it, go work somewhere else. So I don't think this issue is over by a long shot.
Speaker 3: And that's part of my issue with it. When people see it as a right more so than a privilege. You should have to earn the privilege, prove that you're capable of being productive at home, and then you get that opportunity.
Speaker 5: It's not just productivity, though this report found that it also increased job satisfaction and actually, yes, well you're not stuck and it's not just the pajamas, but I don't know what's with you and your pj's very very close to them. But it's also the commute who wants to be stuck in people that is a huge problem, being able to pick up your kids from school, if you're a working mum. It's all those factors. Job satisfaction rated really highly and I can understand why for all those reasons. And it's so difficult to retain good employees for bosses these days, especially when you're looking at millennials and younger, so why not continue?
Speaker 3: And I guess one of the challenges is that women are often asked to work two jobs in the home, that's one full time job and then out of the home at work. So working from home does allow young families to integrate them a little.
Speaker 5: Hopefully the men are also working yea, some kids.
Speaker 3: I am moving on now let's look at the childcare sector. I think it's fair to say that childcare in Australia, certainly the peak body has been well and truly captured by the woke left, and I think this story perfectly sums it up. The National Early Learning Regulator has issued new guidance to childcare workers saying they should ask for consent from babies and preschoolers while changing their nappies, taking them to the toilet, and even playing with them. Now, I don't know what kind of babies and toddlers these guys are dealing with, but the idea not really that their children that young even know what consent or even decision making really is. I'm pretty sure they just have natural impulses and then act. I mean, this just shows that even the childcare regulator has been captured by this left wing language of we need to create a culture of consent.
Speaker 4: What does that even mean?
Speaker 2: Glad to say, Caroline, I'm now a convert to work from home. Why would anyone want to put their kid in a childcare center when this is the sort of nonsense they go on.
Speaker 5: It hasn't just been in childcare centers and when two young kids. I've come across this. In the last few years, there's been this huge push and a huge movement in gentle parenting, which I'm largely I never thought i'd be like that, having been spat myself as a child would be the product of top parenting. But I now subscribe to this gentle parenting, but not the permissiveness. You still need to have firm boundaries, and kids need to have firm boundaries. They need to know that you're the adults. You're not their friend asking them for permission to parent and do your role. But the funny thing is, James, I'll often say to my three year olds or oh, can mummy do your hair? And she'll be like no, and I'll say, well, that was a rhetorical question. I'm doing your hair.
Speaker 2: That's my problem with this, right, because if you're trying to teach consents, so you should ask for the baby's consent before you change the nappy. So clearly baby has a pooey nappy, and so you say, I'm about to change your nappy.
Speaker 1: Is that okay?
Speaker 2: Now the baby can't speak, let alone give consent, but you're supposed to read I don't know the facial expression. So your hope to god the baby doesn't break wind at that moment. Otherwise you interpret that as a no. But that if the baby sort of signals no, I don't want my nappy.
Speaker 1: Change, do you leave.
Speaker 5: That would be negligent, you know exactly.
Speaker 2: But you know, actually, here's my point though, So you're going to change the nappy after the baby's indicated no.
Speaker 1: Well, now you're teaching them that no doesn't mean no.
Speaker 5: That is a really good point. However, I do see the idea behind this. I mean, you're not just teaching them about I don't think this is the right way to do it for you. Don't give me that look, but you know, I do understand that because we have had a real issue with child abuse in this country, and it happens often from trusted No, don't no, you're right, You're right, it happens often from trusted places, including in childcare centers, you know. Shockingly, I don't think it's all together a terrible thing to teach children that their body, they have agency of their bodies from a pretty young age. I've been trying to do that as well, in a way that isn't like woke and just you know, ideological theater as one person has called it, with.
Speaker 2: Don't to workers have to go to the toilets. But there's always got to be two workings things of.
Speaker 3: Cour of course, we obviously don't want that happening. But I think the problem here is it looks like the childcare regulator itself has gone woke. So if you look at the early Learning framework, that is essentially the curriculum they're supposed to be teaching in childcare centers, explicitly stated within that framework is that educators need to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion, and it essentially embeds critical race theory into daycres by saying they need to critically.
Speaker 4: Engage with world views and biases.
Speaker 5: I think you'll just look after the care. I mean, you're going to have a real shop when you have kids and they go to daycare, preschool prayer, because I tell you they do a version of Welcome to Country pretty much every day. And I'm not just talking about my kids, like I'm talking about prayers. It's pretty much standard. Now, just one more.
Speaker 1: Question on this.
Speaker 2: How do they police it? Like, how do they then police? You know, you change that baby's nappy without consent?
Speaker 3: Well, how are they going to police exactly?
Speaker 5: This works when the child is nonverbal. As soon as they can say no, you have to drop this straight away.
Speaker 1: Well let's go to Victoria.
Speaker 2: We've been talking all week about netball in Victoria after a Victorian netball league banned two transgendered players.
Speaker 1: Now the players were.
Speaker 2: Banned one of them after footage made the rounds on the Internet of a female player being thrown to the ground after bumping into the transgendered play. Now, I must say the transgendered play didn't throw her to the ground, but she obviously fell pretty hard after coming into contact with the transgendered play. Now, this story, unsurprisingly and that video has gone right around the world, and the transgendered player has become pretty upset. It's goppt a fair bit of flack for it, and has made this statement. This won't be a long novel, the transgendered player wrote on social media, because frankly, these bigots don't deserve my time or energy. Melton South Football Netball Club and your netball coordinator players, this is the team that wanted to boycott the transgendered players team. You're in total to your opinions, But let's clear some things up. Your head coach tried to recruit me to play for your club. Yes, your head coach tried to recruit me. Now, a couple of points on this. First of all, I can understand to an extent, the frustration of the transgender player, because there are all these weird rules for some sports you're allowed, some sports you're not. In one league, this transgendered player was banned, but then in another league, the transgendered player was permitted to play. So that would breed a level of frustration. And second of all, whether you agree with the transgendered player or not, a pile on online can be very hurtful, and so I could understand why that transgendered player would react.
Speaker 1: No one, no matter who you are, wants a pile on online.
Speaker 2: But if you're a biological man playing netball against women, should you really be crying fairl and saying, oh, I'm being bullied.
Speaker 1: That's sort of a bit rich, is it not.
Speaker 5: Look I agree with a lot of the first part of what you're saying, and having covered this issue extensively, including a Skyinese documentary call fair Game The Fight for Women's Sport available and full online, now I can say that I think the real issue is with the clubs and the policies, and as you said, the fact that they're so confused and conflicting that even within one kind of sport or code, you have different policies at different levels. The elite level has one policy. Amateur levels might allow transgender players, whereas elite levels don't. Whereas you think, how is it any you know, more fair or safe? In fact, it should be even less safe for women who are not elite athletes to have to compete against biological mals. So I feel for this transgender player, but at the same time.
Speaker 2: Heart, I mean, just as a normal human being, you know this isn't fit.
Speaker 5: I never said it wasn't I did a whole documentary.
Speaker 1: I mean a transgendered perpose.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I don't think so that's my child. They absolutely don't.
Speaker 4: Well that's pretty clear from the post.
Speaker 3: They feel like they're the ones that have been victimized, which if there's an Internet pylon, I totally understand.
Speaker 4: But I also think, even if there are.
Speaker 3: Conflicting rules in different sports codes, if you know you were a biological male, if the images that we just showed you so clearly depict you as having a huge physical advantage, and by the way, this player has played in a men's team before, would you not demonstrate the good sportsmanship and just go I might identify woman, I might identify as a female, but for the purposes of playing sport, it is only fair that I am in the male category.
Speaker 4: That is the fair part. But one of the funny.
Speaker 3: Things and about this was in the post, the transgender athlete tried to say that essentially this was all just kind of payback from the opposing team because she wouldn't join their team. And then she says that they're now hypocritical for calling her out. But I'm like, I totally get the coach on the other team wanting to recruit them to their team, because if I knew there was a biological mail on the other side, I want them on my team.
Speaker 1: Well, it goes back to the rules, right, If you're allowed to recruit.
Speaker 5: Then why wouldn't you exactly exactly I mean, speaking of transgender issues, there's this huge another uproar in the States. You might remember Dylan Mulbainy. Now I don't know what pronounces to use anymore, guys. He She and the transgender model activist who started this bud Light commercial a few years back that led to a huge backlash against the beer company. It's sales dropped thirty billions of dollars. Well, now Dylan has again this time in a fragrance ad for Jean Paul Gautier. You wouldn't believe this. The product, the perfume is called feminity feminity, not femininity feminity, and it is all about how it is most the peak, peak feminine, peak feminine product to make women feel as feminine as possible.
Speaker 4: It is so frustrating.
Speaker 3: And what I find even more annoying about this is that the model of femininity that Dylan Mulvainy displays is actually extremely sexist. So during his TikTok transition, he've logged it every day gave an update about his transition, and this is one example of the kinds of things he would post about what it's like to be a woman.
Speaker 6: Day four of being a girl, and I am exhausted. The hair, the makeup, the clothes, the heals. It's a lot to keep up with and I need to learn early on that those things do not make me a girl. It's what's in here that matters. And I actually didn't shave my face today because I was like, Gil, even with your facial hair, you're a girl. And even though I'm having it removed, women can have facial hair.
Speaker 5: Okay. Well, I mean that's entirely confusing, is okay, it's a being a girl apparently, Frayer, it's all about having hair and makeup. But apparently it's not being a girl. That's not being a girl, because having a beard can you can still be a girl. But it's on the inside what counts. But not on the inside down there, and not the hormones or the chromosomes.
Speaker 3: Well, I wish he would actually look on the inside and tell us, Dylan, what is actually there, because it's a whole bunch of male chromosomes.
Speaker 2: Here's my question that this perfume. Who is it being marketed to? Is this marketed to women or is it marketed to men with gender dysphoria? But I do know this, I know what that perfume smells like. Smells like bud light. That's what it smells like.
Speaker 5: No one who's it smells like failure go broke. And companies never seem to learn it. But they will. Although it is a different product. It's not aimed at blokey blokes. It has aimed at a fresh and crowd. I guess who might be more open to the sort of cost.
Speaker 2: Speaking of people not learning lessons. Let's go to the US where universities you would have thought learned something from all the pro Palestinian anti Semitic rallies that have taken place on their campuses and gotten their houses in order, but they haven't done that. Columbia has given lip service to what went on. Harvard has steadfastly refused to do anything to protect their Jewish students, and so US President Donald Trump has taken action. He's withheld about three billion dollars worth of funding from Harvard. He said that Harvard aren't allowed to bring students from overseas at the moment until further notice. But now the US administration has extended that action regarding foreign students, with Marco Rubio tweeting the US will begin revoking visas of Chinese students, including those with connections to the Chinese Communist Party or studying in critical fields. That comes a day after US embassies around the world were advised to hit pause on approving visas for foreign students to travel to the US while the Trump administration decided how they would expand vetting of prospective students social media accounts. This is a massive step when you consider foreign students a five point nine percent. I think it is of the nineteen million tertiary students in the United States. Harvard, it's worth a lot of money to these universities. And the Trump administration is now saying we are hitting pause on all foreign students. As you can imagine, the unis are up in arms, and we'll get into this. But my first point would be it didn't have to happen. If the universities had taken responsibility for making sure they had students not activists, students not radicals, that Trump administration would not have had to step in exactly.
Speaker 3: And Trump made it very clear that unless they took concrete action to address the anti semitism and hand over the details of all the international students that Harvard was enrolling, he was going to cut their funding. This has been clear for months. He also made these same demands of a bunch of other universities, all have either complied or are currently negotiating with the Trump administration. What Harvard has done is sue Trump, and obviously he does not well, he's not afraid of illegal battle, that's for sure, and so he's just gone bring it on. And it looks like, I mean, there are some interesting legal questions and constitutional questions around the First Amendment? Is this presidential overstep? Does he have the authority to do this? But I think regardless of the exact legalities of all of this, we can all appreciate what Trump is trying to do. And I think the way he's doing it and just saying hang on a second, American universities were founded to build this nation. The only thing they are building now is a generation of student activists who fundamentally hate the country. The facts he's cracking down on that, I say, good on him.
Speaker 5: Well, look, I think it's going to be a real problem for the survival of universities in America because, like here, a lot of them depend on the financial the finances that they get from international students.
Speaker 1: I could stop paying their advice chancellors.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean that's one thing that America has more than a million foreign students, and that includes forty five hundred Australians. So what happens to all of those? And I mean, I do agree with you, because I think it's gone. It's become completely ridiculous, both in the US and here, where these activists are basically allowed to run complete riots over these campuses and do whatever they want, and the university just say contact and academic freedom and you know, freedom of speech. Suddenly they believe in freedom of speech when it comes to these issues. So I do like that something is being done about it. I just don't know if other people will get caught up in the in the wash with a new administration. What happens if another Biden administration, Biden style administration comes in, then what will your social media activity? What will what won't be allowed? Then? Will it be the opposite? Will you have to be pledged some sort of far.
Speaker 2: Left woke It's got all over it, right, But I think Trump is facing realities, whether it's in the teriff situation. Now you might not agree with the terrorists, but he's facing the reality. The US have got massive deficit issues, whether it's illegal aliens not. Everyone is happy with the ways dealt with it, but there's a massive problem. And when it comes to activists coming into the United States, it's not just the enemies without, it's the enemies within. And will there be some short term pain, Absolutely there will be, But you pay at one point or another. Right, you either pay now by taking strong action or you just let things drift and you pay a greater price later. And Trump is a sort of guy who's saying I'm not afraid of some short term pain to address some major issues.
Speaker 3: And just interestingly on that before we move on, the Trump administration is also announced that they are going to start aggressively revoking the visas of Chinese international students. Now, this is particularly interesting for Australia. As a recent graduate of Sydney University and someone who was involved in campus politics, I can tell you this stranglehold that the CCP has on a lot of Chinese students around the world is really frightening for us, for our country, but also for those students themselves. Now, by law, they have to cooperate with NASH with Chinese intelligence gathering, so it puts them in a really tough spot, especially when they're participating in critical research. So it's interesting to see Trump.
Speaker 5: But what gives you the idea that it's a lot of Chinese students that has a strangle hold on I know that there's obviously the Confucius institutes that were cracked down on. I've done stories about how the CCP infiltrates Chinese language schools, but I don't think it's fair to tar all Chinese students, or even international students more widely, because so many come from Asia. I mean I did, I was an international student. I just don't think it's I think a lot of them are non political and they're just coming here for the pure experience of having an education in Australia.
Speaker 3: The challenge is under China's National Intelligence Law, all Chinese citizens are obligated to cooperate with national intelligence gathering.
Speaker 5: So we get rid of all Chinese Australia.
Speaker 3: Of course not we shouldn't blanket anyone with this, but that's just the reality. And the other reality is that a lot of the students that come here come from very wealthy, elite Chinese families. And the main way to move up in a in a society you have to.
Speaker 4: To a certain extent participate.
Speaker 3: In the political structure, which involves being close with the CCP. So naturally, the students you're getting here, for example, Jijiping's daughter went to Harvard. That's the caliber of people that you know, These are a that we have done in society.
Speaker 5: And also Australia, not be called exactly, and I don't think that's fair, but I think if it wasn't for the wealthy Chinese, in Australian particular, we would not have our universities. Australians wouldn't be able to attend on a highly subsidized fee for local students.
Speaker 2: To be clear, the problem is not Chinese people. The problem is the Chinese Communist.
Speaker 5: Part, of course, a stranglehold over them. I think that's probably so.
Speaker 3: Moving on now, there's a really interesting and concerning case in Georgia where a woman who has been pronounced legally dead is being kept on life support while a baby or her baby Jess states, and she continues to be pregnant with the baby, so doctors hope that when she's about thirty two weeks pregnant, they will be able to safely deliver the baby and then the mother will be taken off life support. Now this is causing a big stir, with pro abortion advocates saying she is being forced to be.
Speaker 4: Pregnant against her will.
Speaker 3: She's not giving consents because she's obviously legally dead. But then others argue, well, if there's a chance to save the baby's life, isn't that a good thing that can be Perhaps the positive legacy out of this woman's life. I'm personally with the latter, and I think, well, if there's a chance to save a human life, then why not.
Speaker 1: The woman was.
Speaker 2: Eight weeks pregnant when she was declared brain dead. In Georgia, the law says that abortions are illegal after six weeks, so that's the law, although the attorney general says it's got nothing to do with abortion laws at all. He says turning off life support doesn't therefore isn't done in order to procure an abortion. The two are completely separate issues. But have listened to the woman who will be the grandmother when the baby is born. Keep in mind, there is concerns that this baby may well be born with certain disabilities. The family say they will love the baby. They just argue that it should have been their choice, not the states, as to whether or not the baby is born.
Speaker 1: Have a listen, my grandson may be blind, I mean, I be able to walk wheelchair.
Speaker 5: Bout we don't know if he'll live once.
Speaker 1: She hasn't.
Speaker 5: And I'm not saying that we were to chose to terminate her pregnancy. What I'm saying is we should have had a choice.
Speaker 2: I don't see any reason why you would not allow this unborn baby the opportunity to be born and have a life.
Speaker 5: Why wouldn't you, Well, the family do want, would have made that choice regardless, But I don't think it should be an issue for the state. And I tell you why it's different from the abortion issue, because had there been not in an abortion issue, you're saying you want, you don't want. Women shouldn't be able to have a choice to This is the pro life argument to take control of their bodies and decide whether to terminate a pregnancy that is viable. In this case, the pregnancy would not be viable if nature was allowed to take its course because a fetus would not be able to survive in a brain dead woman in a dead body. Basically, they're keeping her alive on life support and basically running a scientific experiment on a baby that has never been done before. Actually it was done once in twenty thirteen when this happened to another woman. The husband and up turning off the life support after a couple months of illegal battle, So we don't know what would have happened to that baby. In this case, there's a lot of fluid on the brain that the brain is obviously important for the mother for the baby survival. Is this cruel to the child else to force it to be born into a world without a mother where it could be severely disabled that it would not have survived in nature had it not been for the hospital.
Speaker 1: For they're not sure baby will be.
Speaker 5: Because that no one knows, but they already found a lot of fluid on its brain, so it's very very likely it's going to be not be a healthy newborn. That's what the medical experts are saying.
Speaker 3: What do you think for I think you do raise a good point, and the pro life argument is that you shouldn't take an innocent life when it's viable, and in this case, it's already in an extraordinary condition. Keeping the mother on life sport. There's nothing against just accepting death. But I think given we are fortunately at the point in humanity where technologies like this exist, I think it's a really encouraging sign that there could be a chance of life here.
Speaker 4: But again, it really should be the family's decision.
Speaker 5: I think so, and I don't know what I would do in this personal situation. I think it's a really interesting ethical and spiritual argument, James, because do you I mean, do you agree with commercial rogacy, for instance, where a child would be born and then not have access to their biological mother Like it's it's fraught with ethical issues and people and doctors playing god basically because this wouldn't, as I say, would not be able to happen without medical interventional.
Speaker 1: I do agree with you.
Speaker 2: It's different to the abortion debate because if you switch off the life support, you're just allowing mom to die as she would without the machine. You're not switching off life support to end the baby's life.
Speaker 1: So it is different.
Speaker 5: Actually, the article was fear mongering about the abortion issues and about Roe v ways, So I think we need to be really careful there because this is whipping up fear Overlook, this is hospitals are forcing people to do this because of the laws, where the Attorney General, as you point out, clarified that it doesn't have anything to do with the law.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a very interesting ethical challenge. Let's move on to Israel. Now you've probably seen in the news over the last couple of weeks there has been absolute hysteria about this accusation of mass starvation in Gaza, and of course it's caused controversy. It's been peddled by the United Nations, and here is a labor MP Julian Hill, repeating much of the same talking points.
Speaker 7: Mass starvation, manipulation and use of humanitarian aid to collectively punish civilians as part of a military conflict is outside international law. The Prime Minister's language has rightly been strongly condemning of Israel's recent behavior of the humanitarian blockade, and we couldn't be clearer. Israel must let AID in.
Speaker 4: But here's the challenge.
Speaker 3: It's not that Israel doesn't want AID to go into Gaza. The problem is that when it does, it gets captured and looted by Hamas, which then sell it on the black market to continue funding their operations. So Israel has now taken this into their own hands. They've established a new food district UI network backed by the US, and they're aiming to take back control of the AID.
Speaker 4: Here's what Netanyahu said.
Speaker 8: In the last two days. We are making a dramatic turn towards the complete dismantling of Hammas. We are taking away their control over food distribution in the Gaza strip. This is their money machine, this is what builds their terror army and this is what dismantles their ability to control.
Speaker 3: But what is so interesting is now Israel is taking back control.
Speaker 4: Of the AID. Obviously the UN plays less of a role.
Speaker 3: And Israel has offered to cooperate with a bunch of local NGOs in Gaza.
Speaker 4: And here was the UN's response.
Speaker 3: They have started boycotting and blacklisting NGOs that cooperate with Israel in distributing the AID directly to Gazas. So for all their claims about wanting to end the salvation deliver the aid, they an't really. They just want to be the ones delivering the aid because it maintains their grip on power. But we know Caroline. They've been thoroughly infiltrated by her mass. Their links to her Mass are extensively documented.
Speaker 4: So what is this really about?
Speaker 5: Well, the United Nations, I thought this is interesting. The spokesman for the United Nations Secretary General said, we won't participate in operations that do not meet our humanitarian principles. And yet they were perfectly fine having her Masks run tunnels under their own headquarters, having members of the United Nations staff participated in October seven. I mean they came out and contended that afterwards, But how did they not know that these people were actually involved? As beyond me, I mean, where has the condemnation been though? We've heard the story about fourteen thousand babies starving, which was so implausible within forty eight hours, was so implausible that only someone who could readily believe that Israel as a demon state and capable of such We really, frankly blood libel as to want to kill babies. We're spreading this information like wildfire on social media, and yet I only see my Jewish friends, people who support a small section of society who are very pro Israel, out there talking about how her Mass is not letting their own people access aid. Where's the condemnation?
Speaker 2: That's what annoyed me about Julian Hill's state. And he talks about collective punishment of civilians. It's Hermas who are using civilians as human shields. He talks about a military conflict. This isn't a conflict between two militaries. That civilians have been caught in the middle of Gaza is essentially a terrorist camp.
Speaker 1: And as for Israel must let.
Speaker 2: The aid through, well, the aid could get through if the hostages were released. It'd be interesting to hear Julian Hill talk about that before we go to a break. Got to show you King Charles, what do you call it? No, I was going to say, cal it's a motiicaate motiicate. He was in Canada, of course, and he's on his way to the airport to fly out of Canada. Get a load of how many cars help King Charles get to the airport where he boards his jetplane. And remember, this is a king who prides himself on his green credentials. In fact, this is a king who refused to allow he throw airport to name a terminal after him because he said, in good conscience he couldn't do that, because he's someone who fights for the environment.
Speaker 1: And yet did you see how many cars were there?
Speaker 5: There were twenty four apparently, James, they were twenty four according to this report. And then of course he gets on this massive plane to jet home. I mean, it's always the biggest climate alarmist who are the biggest hypocrites as well, who tell everyone else what to do and preach like Leonardo DiCaprio taking his private jets out to you know, exotic places to lecture all the rest of us on why we need to not use any electricity and coal and why everything is.
Speaker 2: Evil exactly, and that's why we just don't really believe them.
Speaker 1: We're going to go to a break.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we'll look at tomorrow's headlines, including a radical Australian imam apologizes to Jews for comments he made and then in the next breath calls for all the presses to be killed. That more in just a moment. Welcome back. Well, you get tomorrow's news tonight on the late Debates. So we're going to go to the headlines that will be the talk of the town tomorrow. And as always, the Australian Newspaper's got some great stories, Caroline.
Speaker 5: Yes, So radical imam's apology to Jews one day, call for Allah to kill all the presses the next. Now, this is a story about an extremist cleric, Amad Zud, who you might be familiar with because he was recently forced basically to apologize to jew after being after abilification complaint was laudged by a Jewish body. But the interesting thing about this is what he's gone on to say after that apology, which the Australian has obtained which is oh Allah, deal with the tyrants and the oppressors, count them one by one, kill them all and leave none of them behind. And I can tell you that that's not the first time we've heard a radical shake say those words. Closely after October seven, there was a Shake in Roseland's mosque in Sydney who said the same thing, but he built the cat when he explicitly said it was in regards to Zionist Jews, and New South Wales police investigated him at the time and then dropped the investigation saying there was nothing that could be done. Clearly, this apology is not genuine and we have more of this nonsense. But again I really doubt authority is it going to take any action.
Speaker 3: It's so concerning because words have consequences.
Speaker 4: I mean what we saw in Washington, d C.
Speaker 3: Just last week with people attending a Jewish event literally gunned down just because the terrorists thought they were Jewish. It just shows you that words have consequences. And of course we believe in freedom of religion. Of course we believe in freedom of speech. But there is a line between freedom of speech and incitement to violence, and that is the key tension that we're walking here.
Speaker 2: When you're calling for allah to kill your enemies, it sounds awful like incitement for There is one other story on the front page is The Australian.
Speaker 3: That's really interesting and the headline is Indigenous not same as disadvantage. Indigenous is not a byword for disadvantage, and much of the left truth telling ignores the nation's many Aboriginal and terrest Strait Islander success stories. The Liberal Party's new voice on Aboriginal affairs, WANs Karen Little, an ironite woman from Central Australia, has declared that sound Indigenous policy begins with nailing down good services to the nation's.
Speaker 4: Most vulnerable communities.
Speaker 3: That is such a good point and I'm really excited to see where Karen Little takes this portfolio. But it is true that in a lot of the discourse people just say indigenous as if that is the same thing as disadvantaged. But as just Senter Price also so often points out, you can be a very successful Indigenous person and conflating the two is actually basically creating a cycle of permanent victimho.
Speaker 5: Self fulfilling prophecy. Basically, you're just saying that you will do no better than what we tell you. You're under educated, you're disadvantage. You can never rise above them.
Speaker 4: Based on your race, and that is what stands.
Speaker 2: You could be very disadvantaged and white, yes country, which is why we should not help people on the base of race. Help people on the basis of need, and that would be a much better society and people would actually get help who need it. Let's go to the front page of the Courier Mail. COVID is back. Get a load of this headline. COVID strained to hit hard vax rates leave state exposed to new variant And do you remember the days where every variant was like the worst thing ever?
Speaker 1: And when the next was the worst one ever?
Speaker 2: And well it's back to the future. Vulnerable Queenslanders are under threat as the most contagious strain of COVID nineteen ever recorded rips through the state. The new wave comes at a time when vaccination protection has fallen to the lowest since the JAB was introduced. More than fifteen thousand COVID nineteen cases recorded in Queensland this year, with infectious diseases expert Paul Griffin saying, quote, we have dropped the ball on vaccinations. I got to admit, you know, obviously the TGA, not the TGA, it's America.
Speaker 1: But health authorities in.
Speaker 2: Australia say if you're old and vulnerable, or if you've got comorbidities, you should get vaccinated. But to me, I know people who have had COVID recently and it's really regarded as nothing more than a bit of a it's a bit of a nothing burger. So I got to say, when I saw this headline, I was pretty surprised.
Speaker 3: It is really strange and what we should actually be looking at our excess deaths, not just case numbers. And unless we see excess deaths due to this new strain of COVID, I really don't think we should all start getting too panicked about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I was a bit surprised actually to see that headline. It seems a little bit like a scare headline. But anyway, we move on. Gold Coast Bulletin has an interesting story a probe after the wrong man took end of life drug Now a man has narrowly escaped death after allegedly taking voluntary assisted dying drugs basically euthanasia drugs intended for his partner and this happened at Gold Coast Unit Diversity Hospital. The alleged incident is being investigated and authorities are having a look into this. But I think while we don't know all the facts around this case obviously, and these are just allegations at this stage, it does raise some of the concerns that have previously come up about euthanasia and voluntary assisted dying, that the risks that can happen, and I can't say we've often, or at least I haven't often brought up the fact that maybe it could the person could take get their hands on it and could use it. It's troubling. We don't know if it's intentional, if it had it happened by mistake.
Speaker 1: I think I said at the top of the show, he accidentally, But when you read the.
Speaker 5: Article exactly when you look at it.
Speaker 2: Clos possibly and this is just possibly. It could have been intentional. And this is the big problem with euthanasia drugs being intended for one person accessed by somebody else who should not be accessing these drugs. And unfortunately the man has survived, so that's good.
Speaker 3: Well, thankfully, it sounds like this all took place at a hospital, so I guess the one place you'd want to be when you're about to die.
Speaker 4: But anyway, moving on to the Herald Sun. Now this is an awkward one for the Liberal Party. As if this.
Speaker 3: Week couldn't get much worse for the Victorian Libs.
Speaker 4: Grath negligence.
Speaker 3: Lib's deputy leader misled colleague and wrongly used her taxpayer funded chauffeur car to ferry him wife one hundred kilometers home after getting smashed at tennis. Sam Groth faces calls to stand down admid revelations he misled a senior colleague and wrongly used her taxpayer funded chauffeur driven car to ferry him and his wife one hundred kilometers home after a boozy day at the Australian Open. This does seem to be a little bit of an awkward story.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: It hasn't been a great week for the Victorian Liberals with the looming deadline for John Pizzuto to pay two three million dollars to Moiy Deeming, and.
Speaker 4: This just seems to make it even worse.
Speaker 2: It's just another example of Victorian Libs shooting themselves in the foot. And the amazing thing about the Victorian Libs, you can't accuse them of lacking creativity because they continually find new ways to destroy their chances.
Speaker 1: Just sib to Allen, all her Christmases have come at once.
Speaker 2: Gets the machete band, which is a stupid idea off the front page, and the libs are making headlines again. Let's go to the Daily Telegraph here in Sydney next Gen fight Club reads the headline.
Speaker 1: And it's an exclusive story.
Speaker 2: Cops blitz viral teen brawlers in CBD, so that five times quickly. A shocking escalation of violent teen bashings and assaults in Sydney CBD is being fueled by the pursuit of social media fame, with kids filming and uploading videos of each other in brawls and random attacks across the city. Concerning are we really surprised? Probably not this generation. Will you tell me, Frey, you're a couple of month.
Speaker 1: It's younger than me.
Speaker 2: I don't think I know much about their life, but I mean social media, it's all about likes and followers and doing.
Speaker 1: Whatever you can to increase your interaction.
Speaker 4: Well, it is interesting you bring this up.
Speaker 3: I mean this was something that Peter Dunton was promising to ban if you want a post and boast offenses.
Speaker 4: Because it is a big driver of a lot of this activity.
Speaker 3: Kids want the street cred for beating people up and committing crime.
Speaker 4: It's pretty disgusting.
Speaker 1: We're to go to a break, but stick around.
Speaker 2: We all saw the French president's wife shove him in the face. But now an expert lip reader tells us what she said to him right after that event.
Speaker 1: That's in a moment.
Speaker 2: Okay, everybody's been talking about it the last few days. What really happened between Emmanuel mccron and his wife and Caroline we think we know, well, thank you.
Speaker 5: To a lip reader, we know what was actually said between between the president and the first laid The lip breaeder has said that after this now viral infamous shove with both hands that Bridget mccron did on Emmanuel Macron, she then says she then says stay away, you loser. Those were the words that were uttered. He tried to say, let's go, let's just walk out of the plane, and she replies stay away, you loser. So I mean, that doesn't quite gel with Emmanuel mccron's version of events. He went on to tell the media, I don't know why everyone's making such a big deal about this. It's just a squabble. It was joking around. I'm sorry, but in ten years of marriage, I have never shoved my husband with both hands on his face or any hand or anywhere. And I've never called him a loser. I may have called him other things, but not I got.
Speaker 2: To ask what would have hurt Macron more than shove in the face or been called a loser?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's pretty embarrassing, Oh my goodness. And also in Europe, if you are on a Turkey Airways flight now, if you get up into the aisle or prematurely unbuckle your seatbelt, you could be fined up to seventy dollars. I think we all know when you're flying, even if the seatbelt signs still on, you've come to a stop. You're not moving anywhere. Everyone's jumping up into the aisle. Is this just another way to rake in.
Speaker 4: Some more revenue for Turkish.
Speaker 5: I love you back this because I made it. When people jump up and they start queuing up and they have to get out first, it's like, what's your rush? We're going to be grounded for at least another isn't it more? Efficient. I've got your butt in my face if you're standing there trying to get out.
Speaker 1: First, there's other options.
Speaker 2: You find people who don't put the seat thing down those people.
Speaker 1: Find people like they.
Speaker 5: Did put the seat down, or who.
Speaker 2: Don't know who don't put the arm resturant, or people who put their legs on the other side of your level.
Speaker 1: Find those people.
Speaker 2: Find people who put their bags in the overhead compartment not adjacent to their Find those people, and find the staff at Virgin for not upgrading me when I'm flo Well, no, I have a.
Speaker 3: Little bit of sympathy for this, because I do find it's so frustrating when you're just sitting there and you're like, well, I could be getting my stuff down, I could be progressing these a lot of run of dose, Like one of these I might be one of those people.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, guys, Right quickly before we go, my favorite Catholic preacher on TV, Fulton Sheen.
Speaker 1: He's now de ceased. You can watch him on YouTube.
Speaker 2: He's brilliant, but maybe his preaching's got some competition with these Brazilian nuns on Catholic TV who in the middle of a religious program.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll just let you watch skies, I'm going to mess on Sunday.
Speaker 3: I love their beats like they've got a good sense of rhythm, and look at those dance moves.
Speaker 5: I don't get the context of this. I don't really care. I mean, I don't know why. Where she learned to be Boxburg?
Speaker 2: Good on her No idea that's from us. Good night, stick around, Brida Pinnhey up now,