Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show, Good Afternoon.
Speaker 2: We often say Tuesday's the worst day of the week on this show. Swanny and I don't love it, but how can you not when Jamie Oliver is stopping by it. We're going to play a round of lies Google has told me with him. There's a lot of made up stuff about that dude on the Internet. We're also going to ask you for your thoughts on bringing kids to work.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 2: I don't know about you, but I'm not thrilled when I see little rug rats running around the office.
Speaker 4: The Christy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Jamie Oliver has a new book out, Simply Jamie, just in time for Christmas.
Speaker 3: We're thrilled to welcome Jamie Oliver to our show.
Speaker 5: Now to be this is a brand news segment called lies Google has told Me.
Speaker 1: Lies.
Speaker 4: Google has told.
Speaker 5: Me These are all things that I have found about you, and I am guessing most of them are untrue. But let's seem me Oliver. Do you hate past nips?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: I quite like past nips.
Speaker 3: Google sis, Google says you.
Speaker 6: Really, I grow past nips for the love of God. I wouldn't grow them if I hated them.
Speaker 3: So great?
Speaker 4: Is this true?
Speaker 3: Jamie Oliver cannot draw for the life of him.
Speaker 6: I think being able to draw is possibly subjective. Like, I mean, most of my childhood was spent during phallic you know, phallic thing and I'm very good at that, male and female. But no, I mean I spent a lot of my life drawing, and then I show it to an illustrator or an artist and say something like that. Okay, I don't know how to answer that.
Speaker 3: Jamie Oliver loves playing the drums. True, Okay, there you go. We've got one.
Speaker 5: Jamie Oliver has a d I y tattoo.
Speaker 6: No, that's not true.
Speaker 3: Oh I got the detail on this one.
Speaker 6: You are on my On my thirtieth birthday, I think, or maybe it was my four No, on my fortieth birthday, I was on a radio show and they said, like, you're going to have any midlife crisis, and I said, I'll probably get a tattoo. And then somehow we ended up doing like a national competition to work out what to have tattooed on me, and the winner of the tattoo was to have Aldente tattooed on my penis. Thank you very much for that. I didn't get it done. I mean it was a good idea. I get it's quite creative, but no, I am currently tattoo loss.
Speaker 5: I mean I am wincing at the idea of the Italian phrase for to the tooth or to the teeth on.
Speaker 6: Your There's gonna be a load of Australian Italians going, that's a really good idea.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 5: Next one, you love karaoke and if you had your way, you would have a karaoke machine in every room of your house.
Speaker 6: No, that's my wife. I hate karaoke. It's disgusting and it ruins nights.
Speaker 3: You love marmite?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Do you like begjamite? Do you love vegamite? Might?
Speaker 6: Of course I do.
Speaker 5: And you constantly set off your home fire alarm and you owe your local fire brigade a heap of cash.
Speaker 6: I probably will send them a box of wine this.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I have a very good fire system in my house, which is quite old, and they have been called out one too many times, sometimes because of fireplaces that have kind of you know, set themselves on fire like rockets, and sometimes because I've burnt wait for it toast, imagine, imagine, I literally I I it went off, and once it's gone off. You're pressing all the buttons to get it off, but then it goes through and then like four minutes like whoo, that's Jamie Oliver. What happened. I'm like, I burnt toast and I'm so sorry I've wasted your time. But yeah, embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Sorry about that, Jamie.
Speaker 5: That concludes our round of lies at Google has told me thank you so much for your time today.
Speaker 3: Everybody go out.
Speaker 5: You get Jamie's book. It is a cracker. I am staring right now at a recipe for baked bolonnaise pancakes.
Speaker 3: I mean bolonnaise and pancakes.
Speaker 6: No more.
Speaker 3: I'll wait.
Speaker 6: You got a child and yucky one.
Speaker 2: And Jamie, we've got to quickly mention your new show on Channel ten this Friday night, seven point thirty. It's called Jamie Fast and Simple.
Speaker 6: Yes, that accompanies the book. And this is my attempt to grab you lovely Aussies and not just you know, show you, but like, you know, get you inspired about really simple cooking. I want ozzies to go. I can do this, Thanks again, Jamie. All right, guys, lots of love, thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: The Christy Swan.
Speaker 5: Show at Price, Signed Pharmacy They're all about keeping you son safe. The best thing you can do to protect yourself from harmful UV rays and Premiseu're aging sunscreen every day.
Speaker 1: Head online or in store to shop now at price.
Speaker 4: Sign the Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 1: Hey, what are your thoughts on bringing kids to work?
Speaker 5: We've consulted Reddit hmm and one of the top trending stories in that particular, Nest of Vipers, is very simple statement that says, work is having to bring your kids to work day and then there's no question.
Speaker 3: There's no question. It's just go forth and discuss it. And you and I said, Jack, we don't think that they're a good idea, Absolutely not. I do not care.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't see the point of having them here. I've got three of my own, so I like, I know how to deal with children.
Speaker 2: I come to work, not to deal with children, and to be you and see your friends in your community.
Speaker 1: Right and work.
Speaker 3: It's a very different thing.
Speaker 5: I mean, I just read an article on the weekend about maintaining your mental health. You need a stopper between each role that you have and when you've got it. When you're a mother, you need a little buffer of time. Half an hour for you to recalibrate and be your next person.
Speaker 3: Worker or whatever.
Speaker 1: Thirteen twenty four to ten. Does your workplace do a bring kids to work day?
Speaker 3: Now? I don't think they do that here at.
Speaker 2: No, We've done something to be fair, because I get if your parent works at Nova. It's pretty cool to be in a radio station, or know that your parents work at a radio station. So I know Nova's done something before where they do a bring your family to the office from fort or six or fort or seven and they put on drinks and the kids run around and get to see the studios. That I'm okay with because it's after the workday.
Speaker 3: Babysitter or something, sure, come, but not a whole day. Dedicate how many children would be here.
Speaker 1: It would be awful. I feel the same about pets.
Speaker 3: In what way?
Speaker 2: Do not bring your dog to the office? Do not bring your dog to work? You might think it's cute no one.
Speaker 3: Else does, But what if they just sit under the.
Speaker 1: I don't care how long's a piece of string, then every Joe, Dick, and Harry are going to want to bring their dogs in. And I don't want to Kelpie running under my legs while I'm trying to make my skinny latte. The coffee Machelle fakes.
Speaker 3: I think you choose like you wouldn't go if you had a kelpie, you wouldn't bring them.
Speaker 1: But have you met people Murphy could come here?
Speaker 5: I have thirteen twenty four ten. I mean, we have a guy that we know.
Speaker 3: That we work with here. Yes, who told a story didn't happen here at nover, happened at a different workplace where it was bring your kid to work day and one of the kids went and filled up everybody's water bottle with cooking salt.
Speaker 1: And put salt water in the water bottle, Like, that's not okay.
Speaker 4: The Chrissy Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show, we're asking you this.
Speaker 5: Having a whole day where everyone brings their kids to work sounds like fresh hell to me. I actually love it when there's a couple of kids, it's like.
Speaker 3: Oh, fresh blood.
Speaker 2: And I appreciate that because as a parent, if your kid's sick and you're a single parent or dad's working, it's the only option and you've still got to come to work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that I'm cool with.
Speaker 5: And if there's somebody that you love, like you know, in the in the sales team or whatever, and you suddenly see their kids unlike and who is this?
Speaker 3: I just get so excited.
Speaker 1: I'm happy to meet Jackie Bristow's son and see the connection between the two.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about.
Speaker 1: It same, that's fine. It's when there's like eighty kids one hundred.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine how many kids would be here?
Speaker 1: I just couldn't.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four to ten does your workplace door bring your kids to work day?
Speaker 3: Christine? No, I would never do it again.
Speaker 9: I took my son to work in an office and he actually trusted.
Speaker 3: Okay, tell us everything.
Speaker 5: Was it an organized day or you just couldn't find anywhere else to give put it?
Speaker 9: It was an organized day, but there was only a few little kids, and I was doing as though were.
Speaker 3: Told, except mine.
Speaker 4: Hershed.
Speaker 3: He trashed the whole office, was running in out of my manager's office, but actually left work early. How old was your kid at the time, two and a half.
Speaker 1: What did your other colleagues think, Christine? Was your manager married?
Speaker 3: I had no control.
Speaker 1: And Christine defeated.
Speaker 3: Was he always like that or did he just really turn it on because he knew what it meant to you? He was just bored and he turned it on Christine. How old is he now?
Speaker 6: Seventeen?
Speaker 3: And I still told him about it.
Speaker 1: Price Pharmacy voucher for you, Christine, Not just like.
Speaker 3: It happened yesterday to Christine trauma high tam Hi, Hi, So your hobby's work? Does this?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 10: Where you get to bring the kids in for a big mining company?
Speaker 3: And is it organized? Like is there stuff to do?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's fully organized.
Speaker 8: It's very funny.
Speaker 3: And oh my god, there's virtual reality there.
Speaker 8: Did they get to look into the mines and things like that?
Speaker 3: Which is really cool?
Speaker 1: That is cool? So's cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hang on a minute, just before we give it, just before we give this the greens the green light, tam is everybody else at work on that same day?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's a.
Speaker 10: Week day and they have to register their children and bring them in.
Speaker 5: All right, okay, we'll allow it. I'm changing my mind, that's saying that's really cool.
Speaker 1: Priceline Pharmacy voucher for you, tam Hi Kelsey.
Speaker 9: Hello, Chrissy and Jack. I don't know if I want to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Why what have I said? What have I said? Today?
Speaker 9: I've literally got my two dogs sitting at my feet right now?
Speaker 5: What sort of dogs though, because Jack earlier said that, you know, kids are not allowed at work, and either are dogs.
Speaker 3: Yuck.
Speaker 1: Joe crazy will hate you for saying that to us.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I understand because if the other people's dogs, I don't want them here either.
Speaker 1: But minor Okay, See, this is the thing. It's when it's yours, it's okay. What kind of dogs do you have?
Speaker 9: They're rescue dogs, so we don't really know what's in them. One's a hunt away. No, they're beautiful, they're so well behaved. They're amazing. But I can't even have a wee break they follow me everywhere.
Speaker 3: And how many other people are in your office?
Speaker 9: Oh, there's a fair few of us. There's twenty twenty odds. But there is literally at least a dog in the office at least once a week.
Speaker 3: And do you think that there is I reckon.
Speaker 5: There is definitely someone in your office, and you will be a once you think about it, Kelsey, you'll know who they are. There will be someone that is like Jack that absolutely hates your dog there, but it hasn't said anything.
Speaker 9: And that's the one that my dog went and pood in their office.
Speaker 4: Okay, the Chrissy's One show.
Speaker 1: It's time for this.
Speaker 4: Chrissy's Clique.
Speaker 3: You know when you see something on social media and you go, oh my god, I feel seen, but also I'm insufferable. Does that ever happen to you?
Speaker 2: Yes, when I see people flogging their holidays hardcore, I'm like, oh, we get it, And I'm like Jack that is literally you on every trip you go on.
Speaker 3: And then talk about holding up a mirror.
Speaker 1: That's correct.
Speaker 5: I you know, the algorithms on those things are so incredible. They deliver exactly what you need to see when you need to see it. And I, as you know, I love eighties and nineties music, right.
Speaker 3: I love all music.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, You've got a wealth of knowledge about music.
Speaker 3: I love it and that's why I'm working at the radio station. Is like manner from heaven for me.
Speaker 5: But you know that every time a new song comes on and I hear something in it that I recognize, I bore you, Jacky with the like with a deep dive into where the samples from?
Speaker 3: Who did it?
Speaker 5: I've done it with Lato, I've done it with everybody. I've done it with Eminem's Abra cadabra. That's a Steve millerban.
Speaker 1: You did it.
Speaker 2: A couple of days ago, tom our producer came in and said, oh, I love this new Katy Perry song. How vibe is it is? And you go, that's Crystal Waters. Yes, that's why it's vibe.
Speaker 5: It's a good song because it was originally a good song. GC woman, Where is Crystal Waters? That's what I want to know.
Speaker 1: I don't even know much about it.
Speaker 5: Whenever I say stuff like that, I find out that they died a very bad death, and then I feel bad. But have a listen to this woman in America cutting down her son who likes.
Speaker 3: The new kid LaRoy song, like, who is that she's tricking in here?
Speaker 1: That's not the original? This is the original?
Speaker 3: Yes, hear that?
Speaker 1: That's she says it like you as well? You hear that?
Speaker 3: And she loves them.
Speaker 5: Into a false sense of security, going oh, I like this song to you, and she knows exactly where it's going. I want to add something to that. Player, the lead singer of player, who is the older song there is? I think Rod Moss who played Ridge Forester on on Bold and the Beautiful, So I believe that. I mean, look, I'll google in a song. But you know, if not cool, you know, I'm just gonna I'm going to back myself in. Now, let's move on to this unbelievable case of mistaken identity. I saw the headline and had to click on it. My sister is seeing a married man, and I got attacked because of her. Of course I had to read on. This is a set of identical twins. The good twin that was coming out of university. The bad twin is sleeping with a married man. The good twin was mistaken as the twin that was doing the dirty.
Speaker 1: How furious you would be at your sister.
Speaker 5: And the wife of the husband fully went her Wow, I know.
Speaker 1: Like hair pulling in a car park. That's so Miraca.
Speaker 3: It's so America.
Speaker 5: The thing is, though I don't reckon, that's the first time I reckon. There is a bad that the bad twin has done that many many times, and this poor good twin has just had to deal with it. It's very awkward and confuse when you suffer a case of mistaken identity.
Speaker 1: I've never experienced it, have you?
Speaker 3: I have? I used to go to a restaurant every single week locally to my mum. He shouted, dinner right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was my active forgiveness for moving out and becoming a grown up. Anyway, they're always very nice to me, and then all of a sudden they weren't very hostile.
Speaker 3: God, this is odd.
Speaker 5: After about three or four weeks of coming in and then being so rude to me, eventually the owner of the restaurant couldn't hold his tongue anymore, and he said, well, oh, it's okay for you to keep on coming back here and eating pastor, isn't it when you're calling up the local radio station saying that our food a hygiene practices are tror?
Speaker 3: Yes, I went, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: I'm on the radio, mate, I don't call them.
Speaker 5: This was before that, This was before oh really, yes, yes, this was just when I was a student and they thought for some reason that I was the whistleblower.
Speaker 1: And did they like profusely apologize to you.
Speaker 5: No, they did not, and I think they. I still believe it's me because I walk past that restaurant every single day and they still give me dirties. It's been thirty years.
Speaker 1: Speaking of mistaken Identity Delta wats.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm mistaken.
Speaker 5: Can I tell you a very underrated track off that album? Yeah, very underrated track Mistaken Identity.
Speaker 1: I don't know how good. And your favorite mistaken Identity?
Speaker 3: My favorite is by the great Kim Kats mistake dirty.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, she didn't just see Betty Davis eyes my friends, ha ha.
Speaker 3: This is the.
Speaker 4: Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: Good afternoon. How's your Tuesday going. We don't love them on this show, but I'm having a good one. It's fun and we've got a really fun hour planned for you as well. On thirteen twenty four to ten, we're going to be asking you if your parents nearly killed you, like by accident. We're not going all dark and true crime. Swannye had an incident with her son Kit that could have ended pretty badly. But next, our good pal and the King of the Cravat, Matt Preston, is joining us in studio.
Speaker 1: We're going to play a game called Substitute with him.
Speaker 2: And the reason I love this game is because it's an excuse to make Chrissy Swan sing. She claims she can't sing, but she can. She has a beautiful voice.
Speaker 4: The Chrissy Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: And we always love it when this man is in the studio. The king of the cravat, Matt Preston is here to play a game.
Speaker 3: We're giving.
Speaker 5: We're playing around of substitute with you, which, of course was made famous on sticks and specs. Yes, do you know how it works? Okay, so I know.
Speaker 7: That's the who? Is that the who?
Speaker 3: Yes, I was.
Speaker 5: Born with the plastics, born in mating.
Speaker 3: You were born with a plastic spoon in your mouth, William, I wasorn mouth.
Speaker 5: Okay, So substitute works like this for the uninitiated.
Speaker 2: Swanny is gonna seen three well known songs that you should know, mat, but she's going to be substituting the lyrics with words from a random book.
Speaker 1: What is the book, Swany?
Speaker 3: I have brought in a book from home. It is the chronicle of crime, infamous felons of modern history, and they're hideous crime.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, let's go Swaney.
Speaker 3: On January seven, a nineteen year old Jane Roberts, a house made to mister and Missus Greenwood of Harpurry, was hurt, screaming. Mister Greenwood was out at the time, Missus Greenwood found the girl dead from a crushing blow to the back of her head.
Speaker 7: To distracting story.
Speaker 3: She thinks that two men made a rapper escape. There were no footprints nowhere.
Speaker 7: That is. That is I'm a Belief by.
Speaker 5: Smash Mouth, originally by the Monkeys The Monkeys, originally written by.
Speaker 7: I could tell you were doing the smash Mouth version as we are playing right now. That's how good you're singing beautifully.
Speaker 1: Song swany and what a story.
Speaker 3: I'm a Believer originally written by Neil Diamond.
Speaker 1: Of course, song number two, let's go.
Speaker 3: That was from eighteen eighty guys. That story alright, you ready? The next one is this neurosurgeon Sam Shepherd of Babe You Hospital, Cleveland, Ohio gaba din a party last June. Before the guest left, Sam fell asleep on the cold, leaving his wife Marylyn to see them all to the door after midnight too.
Speaker 7: Yes, everybody's doing a brand newness. Come on and do the local.
Speaker 4: Yes, a brand new dance. Now.
Speaker 3: Oh, we were just getting juicy, doctor Shepherd, who sounded distraught, saying I think they've got Marilyn. That's from nineteen fifty four.
Speaker 1: That case already one more song swany song three?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, okay, I hope you're on Speaks of Space.
Speaker 7: You're very good at this week.
Speaker 1: She's not. And we brought it up with me for he wasn't Christy Swan, I've never been ever ever?
Speaker 7: Why not?
Speaker 3: I think I'm not cool enough.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm going to I'm going to have a word.
Speaker 7: Please, don't we love Christy Oka?
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 7: Speaking?
Speaker 3: On behalf of the chief of tangle Trail starting with a gold top walk and stick case and proceeding through a prostitute rum, has led twenty two year old Alexander Scottie Mason's to conviction for murder. In the evening of May nine, two men struggled in Petree Road in Brixton, Missouri.
Speaker 7: And I've got it and it's it's oh, I'm I'm, I'm, I'm no.
Speaker 3: No no shots rang out. One man fell, another jumped over a wall.
Speaker 1: Matt can't get it, Tina Turner. So you didn't get that?
Speaker 3: Did you get to them?
Speaker 7: To me?
Speaker 3: The best bit, Look who knows the best bit, of course is is this case in the Brixton taxi cake that is seventeen eighty.
Speaker 7: Five that is very good. She carries a fine tune.
Speaker 1: She does.
Speaker 7: You get the tune, then then it's it's me letting down Chrissy. It's not Chrissy letting down the sun.
Speaker 3: And then we've covered at all in this.
Speaker 5: In these chats, we've covered air fryers, Neil Diamond, Carli Me and Ogan of course Tina Turner, thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 2: Matt Preston, joyous, thank you, and don following that on Instagram at Matt's cravat. If you want some air fraying.
Speaker 7: Hack tip lots of stuff and taste dot com do you there as well the ones I've done with them? You love those recipes.
Speaker 4: I love that Chrissy Swan show.
Speaker 5: When has your parent, inadvertently, accidentally but with good intentions.
Speaker 3: Tried to kill you?
Speaker 5: And I asked this question without fear or favor, because turns out I tried to kill my son on the plane home from Bali.
Speaker 3: What did you buy? A mistake?
Speaker 5: So, Kit, my middle son is allergic to shellfish, yes, and as is like he was diagnosed with it four years ago and then we never went anywhere without an EpiPen and blah blah blah. As things happen, you know, four years in we never remember the EpiPen. No, you know, we'll do a cursory question if we're asked at a restaurant other than the allergens, and we go know, and then we go.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: You'll die if you explore that's right. Yeah, yeah, no, I do remember that.
Speaker 7: I get it.
Speaker 2: When you're so far away from the incident where you found out that this is an issue, Yeah, it kind of just doesn't seem that serious anymore, that's right.
Speaker 5: So we've hit complacency anywhere. We're in on the plane on the way home, and there was a choice of meal, right, there was a chicken gull and gal or something like a chicken curry or a spinach ravioli. Anyway, kid was in the sheeet behind me, right. So I like to overhear my children interacting with strangers. I really love it so much because I want to know if they can do it.
Speaker 1: Did I raise them? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Does he make sense? Is he like looking at them in the aisle all that stuff? And he is chef's kiss anyway, So he's having a chat with the flight attendant and I hear him say and I was so impressed. I hear him say, I like the sound of the chicken, but would it have any shellfish in it?
Speaker 1: He asked.
Speaker 5: Good, I know because he must have known that I didn't have his sippy pen and he was ten thousand feet in the air.
Speaker 1: And he doesn't want to die today.
Speaker 3: He doesn't want to die today. No, so he's asked her. She said, I'll go and check. She came back.
Speaker 5: And then by that stage, I'm reading a book and I didn't hear the answer, but I'm guessing chicken curry.
Speaker 3: There's no shellfish in it. Good on him for asking. Anyway, the meals come. I had ordered the chicken curry. He had ordered the ravioli, and he said to me, I'm trying the ravioli. I said, oh, that looks great. Anyway, the chicken was really, really good, and I love to share everything with my kids, so I had a few mouthfuls, and then I said to him, no, I said to him, do you want some of this? I finished, and it's good.
Speaker 7: You'll love it.
Speaker 5: He goes, yeah, great, I hand it over to it. He puts a huge.
Speaker 3: Mouthful in his mouth, and then he looks at me and he goes how.
Speaker 1: The curry was shellfish in it?
Speaker 3: And I went, no, anyway, he spits it out. He goes, it's got shrimp paste in it. You're trying to kill me?
Speaker 1: Oh did you die?
Speaker 3: I couldn't believe it. I mean I nearly died, but he actually nearly died.
Speaker 2: Yes, and did the air hostess is or anyone else around you?
Speaker 5: Nobody panicked, nobody called, you know, docs or whatever. And it turns out that he didn't. There was no reaction action at all, like I thought, oh, maybe, yes, nothing, absolutely nothing, So I don't even think there was shrimp paste in it. Or maybe he's not anaphylactic.
Speaker 1: After all. He was really turning it up that last Christmas.
Speaker 3: But you know what, if something had happened, that would.
Speaker 5: Would have been absolutely out of my like, that was not my intention.
Speaker 1: Dying on a plane is grim, very grim. Have your parents accidentally tried to kill you? We're going to take your calls next.
Speaker 3: My friend who grew.
Speaker 5: Up in the seventies diagnosed asthmatic with two chain smoking parents.
Speaker 4: It's like a Hello the Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 5: We're talking about all those amazing, fun fun times in childhood when your parents accidentally tried to kill you. I mean, you know, I grew up in a dangerous time jack in the seventies. There were sometimes no seat belts. You were sleeping in the back, you know, like it was.
Speaker 3: It was risky.
Speaker 1: Is there something that sticks out to you with your parents?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So my dad made a go kart, right, So my dad the major, He's had many incarnations, but right at the beginning of it.
Speaker 3: He's a mechanic. So he was an army mechanic, so he knows how to build and everything with cars, everything.
Speaker 7: Aggressive.
Speaker 5: Man, he's a very impressive man and wonderful, wonderful brain. Anyway, for fun on a weekend, I would have been five. Do you know how small a five year old is?
Speaker 1: Tiny?
Speaker 5: Tiny, like little bird bones. He built me a go kart with an actual engine out of just two pieces of black and a fruit box. And it was doing maybe sixty kilometers down a vertigenous court on Ashfeldt.
Speaker 3: And if I had like pulled the weird little steering wheel on pulleys one inch to the left, I would have been absolutely flattened by it.
Speaker 5: Well, I would have been thrown into a tree. Yeah, like that is there was no helmet, no seatbelt, nothing, just going for it, just me on a plank of wood with an engine.
Speaker 1: I remember being five and on Fraser Island with my dad and my uncle Chris, and we were four wheel driving and there were a few times I remember watching their faces and the car was about to flip. And I'm just in the back at five or six, too scared to speak, being like, do you guys care that you're about to kill me? Like it's fun for you.
Speaker 5: She would have been the smallest like person.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to listen to my adulta good room discman back in the hotel.
Speaker 1: When did your parents accidentally try to kill you?
Speaker 3: Natasha? Do we need to put you on watch or something? Here? What's going on?
Speaker 10: I think you need to put my mum.
Speaker 3: On what what's she doing?
Speaker 10: So I'm an adult, and as an adult, my mom tried to kill me because she bought me a voucher for dolphins.
Speaker 3: Oh that that sounds amazing, but.
Speaker 10: I can't think. So I opened it up on Christmas Day and read the her and thought, wow, this is really nice. And my husband sort of looked at me, and I looked at him and I said, but mummy realized I can't. I can't win, so, you know, and we didn't even see dolphins on the day that we went out on the boat.
Speaker 9: He was just a bit of a flop.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 5: Maybe she was just hoping that they would be those clever trained dolphins that can like pick rolls and stuff.
Speaker 2: They just pull free World Priceline Pharmacy voucher for you, Natasha.
Speaker 5: If he jumped in and just sunk like a stone.
Speaker 3: Hi, Christy hijack, Now what did your dad get up to?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 8: Look, you know, he was a typical handy man and always doing something around the house. And I was only a teenager at the time. But he was working on a metal fence, like he was doing some welding, and he calls me over because you know, I'm always happy to help, and he goes, oh, can you just call these two bits together? And then I wasn't even thinking, and I don't even know if he was thinking either, And I've got no gloves on or anything. And He's happen away with a world or and every time the shock and I'm to say, what's going on? You know? So I still to this day, you don't know whether he did it.
Speaker 5: I don't think I don't think he meant to electrify you.
Speaker 2: Also, the idea that you're standing there still holding on too, going, what's going on?
Speaker 1: You poor thing? Priceline pharmacy voucher for you, Leone.
Speaker 5: And I don't think you realized the power and fury of a nineteen seventies dad.
Speaker 3: Jack.
Speaker 5: No, I wouldn't specifically a nineteen seventies or eighties dad. They were so quick to lose their temper with you right that I would have done exactly what Leone did. My hands could have been on fire, and I'm like, I can't let my dad know because he's angry.
Speaker 3: Seventies dad.
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 3: Beck, Hi? What happened when your mum was driving you to dance class?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 8: So, yeah, she was really distracted. I don't know that she realized where she was going. She turned down a one way street and we ended up having a head on collision with another car.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, beg, that's very serious.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know, but we're all okay. But I did get some whiplash on the day.
Speaker 5: Did she say to you, like most mums do, Beck, why didn't you tell me it was a one way street?
Speaker 3: It was always our fault, you.
Speaker 9: Know, yeah, and a few swear words.
Speaker 5: I bet my god, the Chrissy Swan Show, Let's do this Chrissy's clique fait. Parli Minogue says she hates adulting and she misses everything about the freedom of the nineties.
Speaker 3: I love when people say that they miss the nineties. I don't think I do. I prefer it now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, You've always been honest about it.
Speaker 3: I like Google, I like Instagram.
Speaker 1: You love a scroll, yep.
Speaker 3: But I'm not very interesting.
Speaker 5: I think if you're an interesting person, you would prefer that, because, like Kylie, I'm sure gets up to no good sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you get away with it.
Speaker 3: That's right. I've got nothing to get away with.
Speaker 5: She has said that she was out and about pan the pavement, going to markets doing all.
Speaker 3: I mean, she sounds very boring, like me markets.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 5: She said that going out to nightclubs and stuff and nothing was recorded, and she misses that. Gwyneth Paltrow said a very similar thing last week. She's also said she's sick of adulting.
Speaker 2: But you're Kylie Mino, how much like I love her? But mate, how much adulting are you doing? You don't have kids, you don't you have management you have.
Speaker 1: I'm sure a great pa, bro.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: Like it's like, imagine if I came into you each day and said, oh, Swan, I'm so over adulting. I would never do that because I know how much adulting you actually do and how much how little adulting I do.
Speaker 5: I do wonder when was the last time she scrubbed krusty snot off the light switch?
Speaker 1: That is so disgusting. I just can't believe you have to do that. I'm so sorry. Oh yeah, that is so vile.
Speaker 3: That was like the nicest thing I could think of that I've done in the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I wonder. I wonder when was the last time Kylie Twitter fifteen year old to clean a toilet?
Speaker 6: Never?
Speaker 1: Because she's kindly anogue man, I'm sorry for your life.
Speaker 5: If she misses adulting, I miss minoguing. I would love that, but you know, everyone's entitled their opinion.
Speaker 3: She also did this. You'll get this.
Speaker 5: You're too young now, but you will get there. People will say, what advice would you give to your younger self?
Speaker 1: I hate that question so much, samee, because I don't know what I tell my younger self.
Speaker 3: Well, because you already you're still young.
Speaker 5: You get to my age. I just I used to answer it. Now I go, oh, I hate that question, and can we just not do it?
Speaker 1: Also, I just don't think that's what life's about. No, And also you've lived it. Yeah, go away with you stupid question.
Speaker 5: Go away with your stupid question, or I'll make you claim it's not off the light switch.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 5: Next, this is a story that I have been wanting to talk to you about you with forever.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I keep forgetting. But I'm doing it. Now do it. A woman in Western Australia has faked her own death. What Yeah, and it's the best story.
Speaker 5: She owned an F forty five gym and it wasn't doing well, and then she bought another one and that was even worse.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think they're doing too well those franchises.
Speaker 3: Well, she had two of them. Her name is Karen Maurice Sliver, and she has gone to jail. I couldn't pronounce the sert a side. She's gone to jail jack for.
Speaker 1: Faking her own death. Yes, how did she fake it? What did she say happened?
Speaker 5: She created fake documents and then she said she died in a car accident in twenty twenty three in Broom. I love that she was specific with the location. I'm just fascinated with this sort of stuff because I'm sure I'm not the only one that's gone. Like when things are tough, you go, yeah, I wonder if I could just disappear all well to take The answer is it's not worth it because you get found out. The bank got suspicious of her new identity. Right, she got seven hundred grand paid to her by.
Speaker 3: The insurance company.
Speaker 1: When she died.
Speaker 2: When she died, and did they just think that was going to a family member or something.
Speaker 5: She lodged it via her husband. I mean, she did pretty good job for an amateur.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 5: The bank was like, hang on, there's something going on with this account. They froze it, and then she turned up grave error, don't do this if you're planning on it. Turned up to the police station to like, you know, get her identity happening so that she could get the funds unfrozen.
Speaker 3: And they said just wait here a minute. No, not worth it. The Chrissy Swan Show is a Nova podcast.
Speaker 5: For more great comedy shows like this, head to novapodcast dot com.
Speaker 4: Are you