Speaker 1: Sometimes you've just got to go in bum first. Isn't that a message we can take into pretty much every aspect of all of our.
Speaker 2: Lives, my life philosophy. Really, I take that with me everywhere at coke.
Speaker 3: And probably going what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Well, we're talking about potentially the new technique for AFL players off the back of Sean McCadam not getting here's a three game suspension reduced. And that was how Novah's Ryan Fitzy Fitzgerald told us that the players would do it. And you thought, wow, there's an analogy in that.
Speaker 4: There is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes I should just have inside head thoughts.
Speaker 1: Yes, And then FITZI responded with that's probably how you got the name.
Speaker 2: Oh you like that?
Speaker 5: Like that?
Speaker 3: I really did.
Speaker 4: At one stage in the interview Fitzy said, oh, that's a great question, Hazy, and you were like punching the air in celebration such as your love.
Speaker 1: For the man. I'm telling you. After we had the chat, I had to have an ice bath just to cool myself down. Judge Jodie was very very good this version because it's a quite a controversial topic.
Speaker 4: Well, bedroom habits, do you sleep departner do you sleep in separate beds is at the beginning of the end.
Speaker 1: If you do, if you've got a snorer. So, I mean, I just I dare say. Look that overwhelming. The positive response was that, yes, you can make it work by sleeping in separate bedrooms.
Speaker 2: M exactly right.
Speaker 4: I have my high school reunion on the weekend on the Gold Coast.
Speaker 2: What could go wrong flying there.
Speaker 4: By myself without the family that anchors me and keeps me sane and makes me make sensible decisions.
Speaker 2: They're not there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'll be completely fine. You won't overdo it at all.
Speaker 2: No, I have some real confidence in myself.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Jodie's diary as well, really really solid. And can we just say, I mean, do we need to give Donald Trump some credits for his contributions?
Speaker 7: Suit Giner.
Speaker 4: It actually never gets old, which is good because it features heavily in the diary.
Speaker 3: Very good.
Speaker 1: This is the podcast and enjoy. Thank you for choosing us, Thank you, Donald Souit Gindler.
Speaker 4: Dear Judge, Jody, I need your help. So recently my partner snoring has started to become out of control. So I can get some sleep, I've started sleeping in the spare room. A few of my girlfriends, Judgie have said to me that this arrangement is the start of the end.
Speaker 3: Oh, what's brutal.
Speaker 4: We make a conscious effort to ensure we're still intimate with each other, and that the separate beds are just to ensure we get the best sleep possible. Please let me know if this is okay or if I'm writing my own divorce. Thanks Eliza from Opden.
Speaker 2: Oh, Liza, Eliza, Liza.
Speaker 4: My husband and I sleep in separate beds because we have dogs and kids and all sorts of stuff that get in the way, and we don't make a conscious effort to be intimate.
Speaker 2: Yes, but we're okay.
Speaker 4: And this actually makes me really cross because you know, the notion that you have to spoon each other to sleep to have a good relationship, Like, what the hell is that?
Speaker 1: Every single morning I wake up and car is in my arms and.
Speaker 3: It's almost like and sometimes we're so.
Speaker 1: Close, and that's purely just a convenience thing because I don't want to have to move around. We're on a kiss, so our lips are almost entire just touching, just in case we want to have a quick kiss, and we always do and then most nights will just be a quick kiss and all of a sudden it turns into this. It's well, our love making sense. It's just out of control. But you and Greg don't get that.
Speaker 8: Body else on the planet dwell ours.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, excuse my nose. It's grown so much that it's stabbing the control panel here.
Speaker 4: This is not an episode of Outlander, honestly, like, no one has that sort of relationship.
Speaker 2: I'm convinced of it.
Speaker 4: Relationships are built on trust and kindness and all those sorts of things. You don't have to fall asleep in each other's arms to have a good relationship.
Speaker 3: No one wants to and no one wants to smell me throughout the night.
Speaker 2: No I don't. I don't want to smell you throughout the time.
Speaker 3: I know you alone at three o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: I used to have my nose used to be so badly broken, right, that's one side was completely shut off. The other side was working about ten percent. So I just have to breathe from my mouth. Yeah, okay, so, which is quite noisy and also grow so all night.
Speaker 3: It was just.
Speaker 1: We should have been ex girlfriends. We should have been separated in different bedrooms. Dear me, got that got the nose fixed up?
Speaker 4: The car abbey in the newsroom looks absolutely horrified.
Speaker 9: I'm just still vomiting from what Hazy said before about love making session. Obviously, I'm single as a pringle, as we all know, so I can snore as much as I want. Baby No, I think snoring is really painful. My sister, as some of you know, has four children.
Speaker 2: Her husband is a really bad snorer.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but interesting fact in Duena Bartholomy, she recently did a article on this and said that her husband and her sleep in separate.
Speaker 2: Beds and it saved. They're married and it hasn't stopped them from having two children. So if I say, if your.
Speaker 9: Husband, boyfriend whatever is snoring the house down, then kick him out to the other bedroom.
Speaker 4: And let's be honest, if you're married and you've got children, it's not like there's anything going on in the bedroom anyway.
Speaker 2: What do you mean a fear of one of them walking in?
Speaker 9: Apparently in hazes, there's twelve our one session's going up.
Speaker 3: Put a bit of a lock on the.
Speaker 4: Door there, thirteen twenty four ten. Please get involved. I need people to get involved in this boy because I can't listen to Hazy anymore. Thirteen twenty four ten Separate beds, thumbs up, thumbs down.
Speaker 3: You're right, hush.
Speaker 2: So this is the scenario this morning.
Speaker 4: So basically husband wife, husband snores, been booted out to another bed, and then the wife is like, this are we are we? Are we going to make it now? Because we're not sleeping together in the same marital bed. We need to get some jury members involve. Crystal from O'Sullivan Beach, what are your thoughts you remember?
Speaker 10: Hey, Well, actually I don't mind anybody being in you know, separate rooms, but me personally, I need my usband snoring next to me.
Speaker 6: It took me to sleep.
Speaker 2: Wait, it's soothing for you.
Speaker 11: It is, It is soothing.
Speaker 10: And if it does, if he's not there, if he works away, then I can tell you I'm not sleeping at all that night.
Speaker 3: Very nice, Hey, Crystal, is that a Scottish accent? I'm picking up.
Speaker 11: One accent Scottish.
Speaker 2: He thinks everyone's Scottish.
Speaker 10: Don't worry christ No, no, not Scottish at all. But yeah, no, I need is snoring. And also, I mean, at the end of the day who's intimate anyway?
Speaker 7: Ye?
Speaker 10: Who does that?
Speaker 6: Who needs that.
Speaker 3: Spot on? Crystal? You just say that sort of stuff on the movies?
Speaker 4: Who can actually be bothered?
Speaker 2: Crystal?
Speaker 10: Exactly?
Speaker 6: Exactly?
Speaker 10: Nobo be bothered with kids in the house, and there is always a fear of a kid walking. And we've been through that already. Now, next minute, somebody's bouncing off stone off onto the other side.
Speaker 3: Now, so.
Speaker 10: I think the snoring and they don't forget that.
Speaker 3: They do not forget.
Speaker 10: Exactly, they don't, they don't. What did you do last night?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 10: We were just playing.
Speaker 11: Crystal.
Speaker 4: We had a situation once in our household when we did have a small job walk in and my husband said, Daddy's just looking for his sock.
Speaker 6: Oh god, I'm gonna remember that one.
Speaker 3: Just looking for a sock. Well, he's not going to find it.
Speaker 2: Was that the best cooler of all time?
Speaker 3: Crystal for my soul of age? Really set the time?
Speaker 2: Do you read me? Can she win? First class?
Speaker 1: Maddie from PARALLEWI, Good morning morning? Can you fall asleep? So take us through your thoughts off.
Speaker 12: Fight train to Yes, it worked long hours, excuse, but I can't fall asleep unless I'm the big Soon so I've got to put up.
Speaker 2: With it, right with two.
Speaker 5: Kids in my back.
Speaker 13: But yeah, the snoring, Yeah, puts me to sleep too.
Speaker 4: So Maddie, this is your situation. You're spooning your husband who's snoring like a freight train, and then you've also got two kids behind you as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then just as a wow, jeez, it's like going to the V eighty.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's what it's like.
Speaker 2: Do you get any sleep ever?
Speaker 12: No? No, maybe an hour when my husband leaves for baby.
Speaker 3: An hour and I bet, I bet he bounces out of bed morning.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yep, at four am.
Speaker 2: After it's been like this all night.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 12: That's it.
Speaker 4: Oh, dear, poor Maddie, it's awful, right, I'm not going to say it.
Speaker 1: Sarah from Seaford Meadows.
Speaker 10: Is it you always missed out?
Speaker 2: I know it's dreadful. Oh what do you thought, Sarah?
Speaker 6: We'll be married foremost ten years.
Speaker 10: I've got three kids, six and nine, and.
Speaker 9: I think we've maybe sex in the same bed five times.
Speaker 8: In the last year.
Speaker 2: Wow, And it works well?
Speaker 10: It does mean well if I'm well, usually I'm sleeping the youngest one because he just hasn't melt down at bedtime, yep. And if she's not kicking me in the back, go off.
Speaker 2: But do you think it's detrimental to your relationships?
Speaker 1: Sarah?
Speaker 9: Not really, No, we're still a team, so you mean, I mean, we just do what we do to get sleep.
Speaker 10: Really. I love that we're still a team, very little one.
Speaker 2: So yeah, exactly right?
Speaker 6: Good on?
Speaker 2: Is Sarah?
Speaker 3: I like that? All right? I reckon, It's it's time for you to make a bit of a ruling.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, Well, I'm not going to veer from my path on this one, Hazy. I genuinely think it's all the other things in life when you're awake that make you, as Sarah said, a great team. It's all those factors that make a great relationship. It doesn't really matter if you're not falling asleep together. I mean, who goes to bed at the same time anyway? Really, Like I'm in bed by eight o'clock. Yeah, poor oh Greggy's sitting up watching ice hockey two eleven, So it doesn't matter. So my ruling on this one is sleep in separate beds. Do what you have to do, get a good night's sleep, and you'll be a better person the next morning.
Speaker 3: Oh my bag, that's really nice. Gavel me up, GREGI he find that song.
Speaker 4: The holiday accommodation more comfy than your cozies.
Speaker 2: Jump on the water ifat with.
Speaker 1: Hotels, holiday rentals, holiday parks and more. Find the perfect fit for holiday you bookie, get away on the waterfat What if.
Speaker 3: It's Aussie for travel, it's the biggest breaking story. If that's how we're seeing.
Speaker 2: It's just huge.
Speaker 4: This is so juicy.
Speaker 1: I was still going, It's still going, Hey lovey, Hi, hey arling sweetie.
Speaker 11: Don't forget the nice fluffy fabric softener.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 4: Lizo has revealed how she feels about headlining two major music festivals as well as touring Australia. So the Star said she can't wait to come down Under and that she's prepared for the infamous mud that festival goers had to contend with At Bar and Bay's Splendor in the Glass Glass.
Speaker 11: I heard like you've got to bring the rubber boots. I will be there was my wellies line.
Speaker 3: Greg, was my you know, I like to getting down and rough us.
Speaker 11: You know, I'm a custing girl.
Speaker 1: See the negative headlines on that why because it was because of the floods.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, so people are like, so that's just come on.
Speaker 1: The first headline I saw was Lizzo's controversial comments, Oh stoping, isn't it just ridiculous?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, for goodness sake.
Speaker 4: Now, I genuinely don't understand artificial intelligence, even though it's the way of the future. However, somehow, here we are in a situation where we have some AI photos of Donald Trump being arrested.
Speaker 1: Really that makes sense if he's some kind of robot, because that was a very robotic satch intend to commute.
Speaker 4: They're basically manufactured pictures of him getting arrested and Millennia going nuts and him lifting weights in prison.
Speaker 2: They go, I'm just going to show you. I know this is very visual. That hasn't actually happened.
Speaker 3: Andrew, it's lifting weights.
Speaker 1: With a big giant except what about like a ten XL jumpsuit.
Speaker 3: He's gone, fella, yeah, So.
Speaker 2: There we go. It feels like, correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: But Donald is the only one that thinks Donald is going to get arrested, Like he's pebbling that propaganda.
Speaker 1: Like he walks past police office, He's like, oh geez, look, my wrists are open.
Speaker 3: I dare to put some handcuffs on it. Double Oh hey, Donald, we're not going for restue, damn it. What else can I do?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Do you want to know who is the most listened to artists on Spotify? Yes, according to the Guinness Book of Records, it's not Megadeath.
Speaker 3: We can rule that out.
Speaker 4: Yess with Megadeth this week just because they were here at the Adelaide Entertainment.
Speaker 3: Rod Stewart, we can rule that out.
Speaker 2: Do you want me to tell you it is?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Number ten?
Speaker 9: Is?
Speaker 2: Is it scissor?
Speaker 3: Sissar?
Speaker 2: Scissor spelled s z A. That's incorrect spelling, you guys, it's cool. Just annoys me as a.
Speaker 8: Journalist letters slash time, it really annoys me.
Speaker 2: And A that is not how you spell sciss it.
Speaker 3: Don't be old.
Speaker 1: And seven I think it's I think it is said a. It's not siss I think it's said a scissary.
Speaker 4: Number nine is David Gutta. Number eight justin Bieber number seven, ed Shearon, I want.
Speaker 3: To I think it's getter, not Getta.
Speaker 2: It's gutter pronounce abby in the newsroom, it's is it getta? I don't actually know, say David Gwenna.
Speaker 1: Abby, Abby, You're you're going into baut here for Joe's the voice of the younger generation is produced as are we, and she's firmly saying it's Getter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is it Ghetter?
Speaker 3: Get right? Who else is?
Speaker 6: Say?
Speaker 8: Justin Biber, Justin Bieber? Ed Sharon, Oh my god, all this new artists.
Speaker 2: Thinking, Sharon like the football.
Speaker 3: Now we'll get there. I can't wait for number one.
Speaker 4: It was Ariana Grande, number five, number four, Taylor Swift. Shakira has eighty million streams. Marley Cyrus is number two. Guess who's number one? Though I wouldn't have thunk it.
Speaker 3: I believe.
Speaker 1: So when you really break it down, the weekend is just chock a block full of bangers, isn't he?
Speaker 2: One hundred million streams?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: One hundred million?
Speaker 3: Goodness me, solid stuff. There you go. There's a lot of ars in there that you'd never heard of.
Speaker 2: Just pipped ed Sharon like the footy.
Speaker 3: Justin Biber and David Gwetta shut up. It's nova too. By the way.
Speaker 1: To talk of the town last night was Seane McCadam and how he didn't get even just a reduction with his three game bump. Let's talk to Novus Ryan Fitzgerald. Good minds you fits eat three games. I thought it was that he was actually quite lucky. He probably should have got five. Do you agree?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Hazy. Look, don't get me wrong when I'm a close fan, so you know I'm not buiased towards Shane mccaddam.
Speaker 10: Here.
Speaker 7: I think the embracing himself and the velocity that he was going, he should have got game. Where I get really really upset is the inconsistency with the Cozy Picket bump and then the Cozy Picket and Shane McCadam. There was no concussion with their bumps, but then Buddy Franklin bump did have concussion and the guy had to come off the ground. He only gets one game. Well, Cozy gets two, Shane gets three. So that's where I get really really angry from Brown one. The inconsistencies are really bad by the AFL.
Speaker 1: Can I have a conspiracy theorist and say that obviously they're trying to get rid of the bump, They're trying to get rid of head high contact because Blakes get CTE and I don't want future payouts.
Speaker 3: Is that just radical Look.
Speaker 7: Without a doubt, I think that they are protecting the head now, Hazy, and you probably have mates, so do I who are really affected by this. Now, I've got to make the jumped into the car the other day and didn't even know where he was where he wanted to go, Like it is, it's really really scary. We need to protect the head, but you need to be consistent without this. Those three bumps from round one I think were very similar to each other and could have had really bad outcomes. So they had an opportunity to put their foot down and say, well, let's give them all three matches and show the players that if you are going to do this act, you are going to be in trouble.
Speaker 4: The Adelais Crows are understandably livid about this, as is Shane McCadam.
Speaker 2: Do they have every right to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they do.
Speaker 7: Look, I think they could have reduced it, Jody. I think maybe got him down to two games. I think three was a bit extreme, especially with the others. But look, look, Shane, I was at the gap, I was at the ground Giants Stadium. It was first of all, it was fregging right. I was sweating more than Chapelle Corby at Denversar Air Force. Second of all, I was on the other side of the oval and when Shane bumped Jacob Ware I could hear that from the other side, so it was it was a good bump. He braced himself. But yeah, I just think it was a bit extreme to get through games.
Speaker 1: He you got a couple of young lads coming through, Are you teaching them to bump or you saying just don't do it at all?
Speaker 7: Actually that's a really good point, Hazy. I think Willow is our under fourteen's coach at Canada Bay. Cannon's over here in Sydney, and I think he has told the boys, look, you know, in a fifty to fifty ball, you've got to put your body in there. But now it's more trying to get in there first and using your rear end and getting in there and.
Speaker 2: Using that instead of I mean that's my theory in life.
Speaker 6: It's well, so you got your jobby, No you do.
Speaker 7: I think now it's not going in and cleaning someone up front on. It's sort of getting in there and using other parts of the body to protect yourself over the ball.
Speaker 3: Are your boys quick? Fitty? Tell them just to be on the outside first received.
Speaker 7: Well yeah no, well that's look being a Fitzgerald, we always got our ball on the outside.
Speaker 1: On that note, just before I let you go, Crows, can they beat Richmond for.
Speaker 7: I've tipped Richmond Unfortunately Richmond, Well they drew with Cart looks so good last night, so Richmond are in good form. It's going to be a really tough game for the Crows. The only saving graces is at home. We're going to get a great crowd tomorrow, so I'm really really excited. But yeah, I think Richmond, but they might just pip us.
Speaker 2: What did you make a poard? They?
Speaker 4: I thought they were outstanding, but look you came out last night and said they were good, but we were so yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you think they're the real deal?
Speaker 7: Yeah no, I honestly do. It's really hard for me to say, but I think their next generation is really going to go to the next level this year. Guys like Rosie and Butters and they They've got some real excitement in that team. Leira Reliz seems to be back to his best. They could go a long way that really, that's really hard for me to say. I think they can go all the way.
Speaker 1: I feel like Port supporters feel about Jason Horn France is probably similar to the way that you feel about I'd say, josh Mi Shelley.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, without a doubt. And you know, Jason, I've got to love Jason Francis. He's the South, but he's a panther boy, so you know, I love watching his progress. He's going to have a great future.
Speaker 3: Fits. He appreciate your time. Thanks for the footy chat and we'll chatting again really soon, hopefully.
Speaker 7: I love you guys. Thank you as this.
Speaker 1: Let's take this baby downtown, take a trip down memory lane, and let's whack you in the face with a little bit.
Speaker 2: Of education in a nice way of course.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 1: Twenty fourth of March, let's get back to nineteen fifty eight, ours Presley joined the US Army. Do you reckon he was a hot soldier. Oh my god, them real hot soldier vibes.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, women would have gone nuts back in the day for Elvis in a uniform.
Speaker 2: Anything he yawned his mouth to meat and the men.
Speaker 1: You wish jellyfish drinking. Has anything that Elbs could have done that wasn't sexy? Oh yeah, apart from the way that he got.
Speaker 4: To was basically eating what was it fried toast or something?
Speaker 3: Was he was he eating toast on the toilet or something?
Speaker 4: Lots of damn he looks good and I'm like, this is not how we pictured your ending.
Speaker 2: This is not what we wanted for.
Speaker 3: You thought one way you could not be sexy.
Speaker 1: Nineteen to seventy five, Alex Mitchell, a fifty year old English bricklayer, literally died laughing while watching an episode of the Goodies.
Speaker 3: Mitchell would involuntarily begin to emit tears from his tear ducks and if he has any urine in his bladder, this too will escape. I want to go. Oh, that sounds like a nice way to go out. He died, laughing, like literally.
Speaker 1: Nineteen ninety, Bob Hawk became the first Labor Prime minister to win four consecutive elections. I mean, that's all just sort of riff raff, isn't it all we know about bubb Hark because he was a man who knows how to scull a beer.
Speaker 2: At the crickets at the crickets big yard glass. Wasn't it always a big pinch or something?
Speaker 4: Yeah, either way, it was a lot.
Speaker 3: Nearly got if he issues without.
Speaker 4: But that's was he as we collectively cheat him and said, that's the man we want.
Speaker 2: To learn in our country.
Speaker 3: Good stuff. Look at him, He's scull and Beer.
Speaker 1: Nineteen ninety three, Elton John broke Elvis Presley's record of having a single in the US Billboard Top forty each year for twenty three years straight when Simple Life into the.
Speaker 3: Chart, making if he's twenty fourth of successive chart hits. I guess the key to all.
Speaker 1: That sort of longevity is consistency.
Speaker 3: And bravo to Elton John.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well done, Elson through so many different generations.
Speaker 3: Because it doesn't matter what you looked like. It doesn't matter if your movie, your hips or not.
Speaker 1: Good music will always cut through. So to celebrate, here's a collection of Elton John for the next ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Imagine I did that. You're fired?
Speaker 4: Can you play that bit where they go where George Michael goes.
Speaker 2: Leaders and gentlemen, mister Elton John and all the crowd goes nuts. Please play that.
Speaker 3: You love that, don't you so much?
Speaker 2: Bumpy Kid?
Speaker 3: Twenty fifteen.
Speaker 1: Netflix launched in Australia, and not long after that, Netflix and Chill was introduced to the world, and we're like What does all this even mean? It's just a new way for people to try and attract other people, and did it work? I'd love to know the success phrase of saying, do you want to just come over here and just a bit of Netflix and chill?
Speaker 3: What does it even mean? It's past my generation?
Speaker 2: What would your wife Kara say if you said that?
Speaker 3: She'd say, who is this? Lose my number?
Speaker 1: The nine Month song on March twenty fourth and two thousand and six was so sick by Neo.
Speaker 3: He gets some bangers. I don't know this one issue? Do do? I? Ready? Yeah, a big weekend for YouTube.
Speaker 4: I'm excited, and I just I really don't know how to feel. That's how I'm going to summarize it. I don't know how to feel. So this weekend I'm flying back to the Gold Coast because I did year eleven and twelve up there, and we have our high school reunion. I'm not going to say how many years there's no interest? What's the point?
Speaker 1: I said fifteen the other day, Maybe it's ten. Maybe it's somewhere in between fifteen and ten.
Speaker 2: Play along in your car at home. Who's to say? Anyway? So I'm heading back and I.
Speaker 4: Just I don't know who I am at the moment, because, like I feel this innate need to be impressive, Like why do we want to impress the people that were in our lives when we were sixteen or seventeen, and a.
Speaker 3: Lot of them who you only see at high school reunions.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 4: So I've got a small circle of beautiful girlfriends that I keep in contact with that I was friends with in high school. But outside of that, why do I care so much about what they think?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Why did I get a spray ton last night?
Speaker 4: Why have I booked a makeup artist on Saturday? Why am I getting my nails done on Saturday morning? Why am I doing all these things I don't understand?
Speaker 1: Why did I book in two thousand dollars in our fitness classes with color?
Speaker 3: It's seen us for the past six months, three times a week.
Speaker 2: And it hasn't worked.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Kaylor, you lost her by the way kept on saying her last night, wrong, good morning, good morning, Jody.
Speaker 4: I just think I'm going to sap my reunion. What have you been doing, Jodie, Oh, I've just been working out with Kayla.
Speaker 3: It's in the never heard.
Speaker 4: Of it, I guess there's some sort of psychology behind it, right, Like you form how you feel about yourself and your thoughts on yourself during those years. So I guess the need to impress those people comes along with that. Maybe do you keep in contact with the people you went to high school with?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I did.
Speaker 1: We had a really really close bunch of friends. But in saying that, it's kind of a bit more sporadic these days. But I mean, I haven't been to I went to my five year high school, you know, I haven't been to one since really. Yeah, and not because I refuse to, just because they're they're into state, but it just really has always not been convenient.
Speaker 4: And yet the districts football club reunions, you're there with bells on, even though it's your anniversary on the same day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, the most recent one. We might as well do it again because I don't remember it. Great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of a fascinating thing. So we're going to see how things pan out on that. I hope people wear name tags because I'm terrible, Like I am terrible.
Speaker 3: You're not going to wear name no, surely it's not a convention.
Speaker 4: And I also live in fear of someone coming up to me and going, oh God, you're an absolute bitch to me in high school.
Speaker 1: I just want you to know that I'm doing what I do now because you motivated me through hatred.
Speaker 4: I studied psychology just to repair the damage that you did to me in pe class.
Speaker 3: For Billy Madison fans, you could be the guy.
Speaker 2: Oh God.
Speaker 4: Also, the other thing is why do people feel the need to lie when they go to high school reunions, Like just completely manufacture what they do.
Speaker 6: I e.
Speaker 2: Robbie and Michelle's high school reunion.
Speaker 4: There are at least twelve other major markets that would put me on the air.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, Dawn.
Speaker 11: So you did it. You're an anchor woman. No, I'm a weather girl.
Speaker 2: I'm the highest trading five o'clock news in two sides. So, Michelle, what are you up to?
Speaker 11: Okay, I invented post.
Speaker 2: Its, Kelly, you must have made a fortune.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, no offense, Michelle, But how in the world did you think of post it?
Speaker 3: You get your lives lined up?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean technically I could get away with the weather girl like.
Speaker 8: I have to look at photos Photos thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 4: I want to know because I'm very nervous about this occasion.
Speaker 2: What happened at your high school reunion?
Speaker 11: Was there?
Speaker 4: I reckon our last one? There was a bit of a blow up between a couple of the boys.
Speaker 3: All right, give school, which is.
Speaker 4: Talking about you know what we were like in high school and where we bully and hazy and I both hands in the air. Not bullies, very nice people, but you seem to think that we were.
Speaker 13: Sean, you two are just very cool and I just know at high school I wasn't the coolest as Religion and Cultural Arts captain of Joy School, Rugby School in Brisbane.
Speaker 3: All right, maybe you needed a touch a bullying just to keep you on.
Speaker 4: Mine and also like the fact that you were ahead of this by s girls club that.
Speaker 2: Was primary school.
Speaker 13: But in high school I feel that you two would have sat there in church or chapel being like, sit down, Sandy Lands.
Speaker 4: Just the.
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 1: Oh it's a little paper mashe a spitball in the back of Sean's head.
Speaker 3: Sit down, captain.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, but I mean, look at you now.
Speaker 4: You've really evolved into a tunnel enthusiast. You've been on the news as someone who loves tunnels shirt.
Speaker 1: Written shirt that's got tongs and bartviews and a couple of brawns on.
Speaker 2: It really showed us, haven't you. I'm the cook kid now thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 4: I want to know this morning because I'm very nervous about my high school reunion.
Speaker 2: What happened when you went along?
Speaker 4: I was speaking to someone in the ten News First newsroom yesterday who said there was a woman who they used to be a little bit mean to in school and right before his school reunion she won the lotto.
Speaker 3: Oh didn't things change?
Speaker 4: She won the lotto and then did like a little bit of work on her face, so has rocked up all hot and you know, with a pocket full of cash.
Speaker 3: Exactly right there you go.
Speaker 2: That's revenge.
Speaker 3: My five year reunion. I remember that.
Speaker 1: It was in right at a real fancy place in the middle of Sydney. Yeah, and everyone was very excited. Yeah we're twenty three. Yeah, Ok, you're young and really full of life before life just sort of smacks you down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sucks the life out of here.
Speaker 1: We would do things which we did at my wedding as well, where it's we'd form scrums, so genuine scrums. And this particular night we formed a scrum and it would have been like a thirty person scrum which ended up merging onto the street. It was like right in the middle of Sydney, so it was either Pitch Street or George Street, to which I don't think there was an accident, but there was some kind of stoppage in traffic.
Speaker 3: So that was the first incident.
Speaker 1: And the next incident was we had a bus from that place to the cross that takes the next place, and there's a fire extinguish in there.
Speaker 3: Oh no, and I let it off, of course, yeah, of course, because you remember we let the fire extinguished off.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyway, we all our entire thing got charged an extra twenty bucks or whatever because we had to pay like two thousand dollars for a soilage fee. What would be a big bus soiling fee?
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh god, yeah, all right, Mandy from renowned park, Good morning.
Speaker 12: Good morning guys. Here you going, good luck.
Speaker 4: Jody Picking. I'm very very nervous, Mandy. What happened at your high school reunion.
Speaker 12: Or that was our twentieth and I won't know how I would we were, but anyway, and we had a competition. I knew had the youngest child, and there I was thinking, yeah, yeah, I'm going to win because I've got an eight eight months yep, and no I got pipped at the post. The girl that was always better and prettier had a six month old.
Speaker 10: Okay, yeah, win again.
Speaker 3: You girls can really turn anything into a competition.
Speaker 12: It's going to be the best. I was never the best. I was a little tubby one. So that was actually funny going back because you know, Jody, as you know, you've had a few in your breastfeeding and you've lost lots of weight, and I thought I looked pretty good and the boys are like, wow, you turned into one.
Speaker 4: Okay, which is a compliment, but also the inference is you were an ugly duckling.
Speaker 2: That's awful. Well, Mandy, you're a winner in our eyes.
Speaker 10: This morning, I think that you are too, Jody.
Speaker 12: You're going to be amazing. You're going to knock them out of the park. I bet you they haven't done what you've done. Might and say they have.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. That's so lovely, Thanks Mandy.
Speaker 3: It is really ask for man.
Speaker 1: I think what you're saying is like like quite literally and physically you might knock them out of the park.
Speaker 3: People with a couple of espress on Martini's under your belt?
Speaker 2: Didn't you bash my boyfriend?
Speaker 6: You well?
Speaker 2: Bang?
Speaker 6: Dead or Alive? Yes?
Speaker 3: Here she is the princess of death herself producer.
Speaker 5: Now you're the queen. Oh he's a princess. Okay, yes, she works for you like that. This is a little game called dead or Alive. Here, we've got a guest. Which one's alive?
Speaker 3: Which one's dead? Copies on the line.
Speaker 11: Coffee is on the line.
Speaker 7: Link.
Speaker 11: Good morning, guys. I think we jumped straight into it.
Speaker 8: Why not?
Speaker 11: Why not?
Speaker 3: Let's not hesitate talk about the dead and alive.
Speaker 11: First up, Maggie Smith, could I have no attention?
Speaker 10: Peace?
Speaker 14: Dame Margaret Natalie Smith an English actress with an extensive career on screen and stage beginning in the fifties. Smith has appeared in more than sixty films and seventy plays, best known for portraying Professor McGonagall in the Harry pot The series and Violet Crawley in Downtown Abbey.
Speaker 11: Born December nineteen thirty four. Dead or Alive?
Speaker 1: Did you say mcgarnicle, I said McGonagall, mcgarnical After Simpsons, Oh God, you have the case.
Speaker 3: Mcgarnica, you're a f your case chief. What's that supposed to mean? It means he gets results of stupid chief.
Speaker 11: I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's who she met. I don't think she meant an animated character. Are they dead or alive?
Speaker 4: You sure?
Speaker 10: I mean?
Speaker 2: I could be wrong.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to picture her off down to Abbey, and I think she was pretty oldish.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say she died.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to say that she is alive because I have no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to say, Professor McGonagall.
Speaker 11: Ah hazes, correct, she's alive.
Speaker 3: I take all that back. I knew what was going on.
Speaker 14: She's she's like every grandmar in every movie ever. Yeah, right, she is old. Okay, she's alive.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 11: Next up, Carrie Fisher.
Speaker 3: You stuck half witty, scruffy looking.
Speaker 14: Nor Carrie Francis Fisher an American actress and writer, best known for playing Princess Leia in the original Star Wars films. She was born in October nineteen fifty six. Dead or alive you go first.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say that she unfortunately I'm not celebrating this at all, but she did.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm going to say she's very much alive.
Speaker 4: She has well chronicled battles with drugs and alcohol that she's spoken extensively about.
Speaker 2: But she's still with us.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that sounds like, you know what's going on here.
Speaker 11: I don't think she's dead. I think someone else jokes.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, alright, so the men's got her.
Speaker 2: In the end.
Speaker 11: That's too zilch for Hazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Should we just play another round? We're just if we jump out now. It's probably a bit early.
Speaker 3: Isn't it.
Speaker 2: I don't celebrate too. Guesses. Sorry made me cross. You're like, oh, I'm so good.
Speaker 11: At this game.
Speaker 2: You're just guessing.
Speaker 3: This is a true lap for me.
Speaker 11: Come on, let's get this one just for fun, all right.
Speaker 14: Fancy Cartwright an American actress best known for voicing Bart Simce.
Speaker 2: Your attention, please, your attention, please.
Speaker 11: I have an announcement to make.
Speaker 14: I'm boring the animated series The Simpsons, for which he's received Primetime Emmy Awards and Annie Award for Best Voice Acting.
Speaker 11: Born October nineteen fifty seven.
Speaker 1: Jokes, look at this she goes straight to my sweet spot too.
Speaker 4: I know, Jo, I'm going to say she's alive. But seeing as though this is a dead rubber, we might as well get you to say as many Simpsons characters as you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go Hans at Mo Man of course, very very unique character.
Speaker 2: I mean, you could have gone any one of the family.
Speaker 3: Why do I go straight to Hans?
Speaker 2: That was m Lisa, Maggie Homer on my?
Speaker 3: What about bleeding gums? Murphy.
Speaker 11: That's a real fan right there?
Speaker 3: Who thought about bleeding gums? Edna Kraboppol?
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, and he's he's an extra intricate character.
Speaker 3: Gordy How Who is Gordy How?
Speaker 1: That's when Bart Simpson was pretending to set up a date for Edna Cromoppol. Who used Gordy howse photos she's from the ice hockey records?
Speaker 2: Oh my, gos.
Speaker 4: I mean you could have gone Principal skinneruse Homers Simpson?
Speaker 3: What about a poo?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say, look that Nancy Carke right, Oh, maybe she's dead.
Speaker 11: She's alive.
Speaker 14: Strong finished last one, but prefers on me Jody, Sorry.
Speaker 4: Ye, no worries, I mean, just okay, I should have said name one mainstream Simpsons.
Speaker 3: That's Difficul's that time the week.
Speaker 2: Okay, take your deep breath, will you smash everybody? Including myself? Thank you very much of.
Speaker 3: Course, So have another edition of Jody's Diary.
Speaker 2: Enjoy dear Diary.
Speaker 4: This was the week Donald Trump nearly got locked up for crimes against Indian cricketer names. I played his audio of him introducing the most famous cricketer in India.
Speaker 3: Let's get back to twenty twenty, suit gin. I believe he's trying to say Sachin Tenduchin.
Speaker 4: Clearly Donald wasn't wearing his glasses that day. Sonora from Ronella, Hey.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry what I said, Sonora. I'm so sorry about that. Sandra. Yeah, I'm sure you get that all.
Speaker 12: The time, right, I get showering a lot.
Speaker 4: Actually, and Diary, it may be time that I get myself for hearing it. It's a flame.
Speaker 2: Where are we going?
Speaker 7: Japan?
Speaker 3: Had too many people say Japan, why so?
Speaker 2: We just want to eat all the food. When you said why so, then I thought you were going to say, well sobby first class and fifty K worth of wissabi.
Speaker 4: Indeed, maybe you could swing past India should ten ten daughter Diriana this week that Hazy really likes to pick a winner picking your nose.
Speaker 2: However, when you catch someone doing it at the lights, you're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god, why he said? Why does everyone get in the car? Myself included to go? Okay, for what reason? I'm in a completely private space my nose. It's where I do my best nose picking.
Speaker 4: His neighbors didn't see his boogers. They definitely learned why his nickname is Hazy not Horse.
Speaker 3: You know that as well.
Speaker 1: That when we're going back inside and Henry bless him, so Daddy did to the nap Seaco doodle. I think they did mate, And I was wondering if they're no over listeners, there's no doubt in the world that they'll be sitting there going Why does he keep calling himself horse?
Speaker 4: Turns out he isn't the only one who likes to get noody rudy.
Speaker 7: We don't have time.
Speaker 4: And can you believe it, there's a famous Indian cricketer who also likes to get his gear off. Tend Our Nemesis Suburb reared its ugly shellfish head again.
Speaker 1: Even Goodwood and Emma from seafood medals. He goes, are all on these? Don't tell me? I said, should I say seafood meadows.
Speaker 4: Seafood medals medals.
Speaker 1: Okay, so if we both try and do this at the same time, it would come out seafood metals.
Speaker 2: Why is it our nemesis? Why can't we say Casey's boyfriend Tom Rehn drop by for some sports chats.
Speaker 4: Now, there's three sports journals in a room which one is told to sit this one out.
Speaker 3: That's mean, thank you so much. Thanks boys day girls that I was looking at.
Speaker 4: And then I went feeling going so, well, well.
Speaker 3: It's time to exit land out.
Speaker 4: And we asked the question this week when it's some all giving you unsolicited.
Speaker 2: Advice that daring a meme. She was like, I don't think it's early for a donut.
Speaker 4: Well, I just run twenty three kilometers, so I'm gonna eat whatever I want.
Speaker 1: I just burned about three and a half thousand calories, so this shouldn't make too much of difference. Also, I don't like he's a delicious treat at any time.
Speaker 3: Of the day.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, Diary.
Speaker 4: Embarrassingly, a good friend of the show who's obliged to come on, because he's employed by Nova. Revealed exactly how I landed a breakfast radio gig.
Speaker 7: Look, you know, in a fifty fifty ball you've got to put your body in there. But now it's more I don't trying to get in there first and using your rear end.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's my theory in life.
Speaker 4: It's and while I'm the queen of the throwbacks, Hazy is the fresh hit king.
Speaker 2: Number nine is David Getta.
Speaker 3: I think it's Getter Notta.
Speaker 11: It's good?
Speaker 2: Is it ghetto?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Who's who else to say?
Speaker 4: Justin Biber, Justin Bieber, ed Sharon, New Artists, Sharon like.
Speaker 1: The football now, Justin Biber and David got shut up.
Speaker 4: So to all the nude cricketers, radio hosts and midnight swimmers, really air out your bits this weekend.
Speaker 3: Love Jody, nice.
Speaker 2: Solid staffs this weekend.
Speaker 3: So mean, if you take anything into the weekend, take that please.
Speaker 2: How are we actually still employed?
Speaker 11: Please?
Speaker 1: I'm not really sure saying that we do have an ergic meeting at our quarter past time, I'm.
Speaker 2: Assuming it's praise Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've watched this space for a new lineup on Monday. Good luck with the Gold Coast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I'm completely confident that absolutely nothing is going to go all sorts of I won't have to download about anything on Monday.
Speaker 1: Having no problems whatsoever. Next week, of course Showdown fifty three. We have Showdown tickets throughout the week.
Speaker 2: Amazing. Sophie Monk's going to join us on the show as well from the hundred.
Speaker 4: And your last chance for first class and fifty k that will be drawn next Friday, one week to go, looking.
Speaker 3: Forward to it. Goodbye, have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Bye bye.
Speaker 3: This is Jody and Hazy on over