Speaker 1: On scorn Lids Australia. This is the Weader Panete Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening, Welcome to the reader Panahe Show.
Speaker 3: I'm Caroline Drusso coming up on the show tonight. Democrats are gathering in droves, are ready to jump on the Kamala train.
Speaker 2: But what does she actually stand for?
Speaker 3: Douglas Murray joins me shortly to discuss just that the Victorian government is again in the firing line after their push to include trans women in an inquiry on women's pain. Rachel Wong from Women's Forum Australia on that, and of course a stellar edition of Left is losing it where the Trump arrangement syndrome, Well, it continues to flourish.
Speaker 4: We the people united mobilized and voted down this existential threat to democracy and freedom.
Speaker 5: That we continue the march progress, that we lay the foundation right better future, and that we sought to create.
Speaker 1: Home perfect union.
Speaker 5: Progress is possible.
Speaker 2: Flourishing, it really is.
Speaker 3: But first joining me now is Deputy Executive Director of the Institute of Public Affairs, Daniel Wild. Daniel, we know Labour's Future Made in Australia agenda is just its very latest boondoggle. Even the OECD suspects it will be a field day for lobbyists. We know that government's are notoriously bad at picking winners. Is the OECD on the money here.
Speaker 6: Well, Caroline, future made in Australia is really a future made in marginal labor seats, because this is what it's all about. As you know, it's about politics, not economics, and taxpayers are going to be fleeced for no meaningful outcome to our society. We can't have a future made in Australia under the policy of net zero. Net zero is responsible for skyrocketing energy prices, which is offshoring our manufacturing, offshowing our heavy industry. And we know that the number one winner from policies of netszuro is not Australia, it's China. China is the major manufacturer and exporter of wind turbines and solar panels. Australia doesn't get any value from the exports of that, and it's about China reorientating global economic supply chains around it.
Speaker 7: So this is a very short.
Speaker 6: Sighted, myopic policy that is clearly not in our national interests.
Speaker 3: No, it's not and still on dumb ideas or dumb labor ideas which hamper productivity. And Robert god Libsen had an excellent piece in The Australian on Labour's recent IR changes and the ability they give unions essentially to strangle productivity.
Speaker 2: Within family businesses.
Speaker 3: What is this reformant and what are the consequences likely for business?
Speaker 6: We've got leaps AND's hit the nail on the head and he's been discussing this important issue now for some time. And look, in essence, it would allow unfettered entry of unions and union delegates into small business work sites across Australia. It's on top of the effective outlawing of casual work, which is foundational to small businesses across the country. And I think it builds on this broader ideological agenda of Labor and the Left which is anti small business, is anti family business, which is the engine room of the economy. But it's also foundational to the Australian way of life. You know, small business is about hard work, independence, risk taking, reward for effort, all of those values that we should encourage in our society. And it further shows Caroline that Labor is really now the party of big business, because big business will be the main beneficiaries of these changes because it will have less competition from small business. So we know that small and family enterprises cannot absorb the costs of these industrial relation changes in the same way that big businesses can. And of course it comes on the back of the COVID lockdowns, which hammered small business, it helped big business, and so this is just another step in the wrong direction.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and small businesses can't have a full compliance department to deal with all these things, and that's where you see that competition evaporate, but still on the economy and concerns continue for both inflation and a potential for.
Speaker 2: The employment rate to surge.
Speaker 3: Inflation figures come down at the end of the month, but I feel like we're being softened up for a bit more bad economic news.
Speaker 6: Well, I think you're right, Carolina. Unfortunately, you know, six months ago we were talking about the next move of interest rates was more likely to be down than up. Now all the talk is it's going to be up and not down. And that's because of two key factors. One is out of control government spending at the federal and state level. Just look at Queensland one thousand dollars subsidies for energy bills. Well, that's going to get pumped back into the economy three hundred dollars from the federal government. We've also got this problem, Caroline, which is this mass migration, unplanned mass migration, which is pumping demand into the economy at the same time as our supply is going backwards. You know, productivity growth is going backwards in this country, so we're less able to generate wealth, we're less able to generate prosperity at the same time as we've had an unprecedented surge to mass migration, over a million net migrants over the last two years, by far, the biggest expansion in the history of our nation's population. So these are causing surging prices and inflation. It's why Australians are feeling all of the pain that they are at the checkout.
Speaker 3: And Daniel, is it a question of does this federal government have the tiker or not have the ticker to make the big decisions which need to be made.
Speaker 1: No, they don't.
Speaker 6: They've shown no inclination to deal with the big problems.
Speaker 7: Look on migration.
Speaker 6: I know the government's been saying they're going to be cutting numbers, but I believe it when I see it. They haven't really taken on these issues in any meaningful way, and that's because fundamentally, the only economic plan of this government is to grow the economy by growing the population. Now, of course, if you bring more people into a nation, the economy will get bigger. You've got a bigger market, more people spending money. But the slice of the pie that everybody gets is going backwards. You know, we've had five consecutive borders of negative per capita economic growth. So this mass migration policy is making Australians poorer.
Speaker 3: And the minute they reduce migration, that aggregate GDP figure will come down along with it. So you know, they say that's something they're going to do, but whether ultimately they want to see aggregate GDP come down or not is a totally different question. Now onto the self evident and labor, Energy and Resources ministers across the country are now trying to make the case for continued gas supply. The narrative until recently has been to totally demonize gas. But I suppose the reality is finally set in.
Speaker 1: Well, that's right, Caroline.
Speaker 6: I'd make one exception to that, which is I think Madeline King, in all fairness to federal Resources Minister has been saying from day dot of this government that we need more gas into the market because renewables can't get the job done. It shows that net zero does not work. It's further evidence of that. We've just seen tweaky forests give up on the government subsidized hydrogen. So it builds on a series of problems. Clearly, those clear thinkers like Madeline King have been rolled in cabinet by Chris Bowen and those from the left of the party, and it gets to this much bigger issue, which is the short sighted policy at the state and federal level. Of course, we need baseload power, we need coal and we need gas into the system. We need it in there quick. Prices are going up dramatically. We've had AEMO warning of blackouts this summer. I mean, can you believe it in a country like Australia, an abundance of coal, an abundance of gas and abundance of uranium, we're talking about load shedding and blackouts over summer. That just goes to the monumental policy failures that we've seen in this country over recent years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, absolutely right there, Bang on now, I've only got about a minute left for you. But protest is at Uwa's curtain. University have got their nickers in or not because the university has told them they can't use from the river to the siege chair during their protest.
Speaker 2: Daniel, how on earth will they ever survive?
Speaker 1: Well, that's right.
Speaker 6: I mean you're in Perth, Carolina and I think you know, WA has probably been a bit more sensible on this issue done on the Eastern seaboard, and I think, you know, good on the university for finally cracking down on this. I'm not holding my breath for anything from the University of Sydney or the University of Melbourne. Look, of course people have the right to voice their opinion and to protest. You don't have the right to blockade. You don't have the right to set up encampments. We know university students don't want to go to campus because they don't feel it's an environment where they can study and get ahead. And I just don't understand for the life of me, why are governments funding this. You know, all funding to universities that are allowing these kind of protests to take place should stop until these universally university vice chancellors finally get with the program and understand that university should be there for the pursuit of academic excellence, not this vis if Retrick from a handful of students.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, thank you for your insights.
Speaker 3: Daniel Wild joining me now, is the author of international best sellers, including The Strange Death of Europe, The Madness of Crowds. In his latest book, The War on the West, Douglas Murray, It's been a huge week in US politics, and just when I thought an assassination attempt on a former president would be the end of it, it turns out it was just the beginning of the wheels coming off. Obviously, Biden's resignation didn't just happen. Do we know what went on behind the scenes and what ticked him over?
Speaker 7: We very much know what happened behind the scenes.
Speaker 8: Now it's almost a month since Joe Biden had that catastrophic debate performance opposite Donald Trump, and many people thought that the whole idea of the Democrats agreeing the Democrat ticket agreeing to a debate so early, so far ahead of the election, might have been an effort by some of the Democrats to actually show world what they all secretly, turn out have known, which is that Joe Biden was far from firing on all cylinders these days. That fact that was known by readers of certainly conservative media seems to have come as a great shock to some of the Democrats and certainly a lot of their supporters. And so in the weeks since, there has been an effort, first of all privately and then increasingly publicly among senior Democrats to signal to Joe Biden, you know it's time to leave.
Speaker 7: It's very interesting.
Speaker 8: In the days before Sunday, there was a growing public set of statements by Democrats all sort of saying that Joe Biden wasn't fit to xyz it the minute that he released this strange statement on x formerly known as Twitter on Sunday, the moment he released that. Suddenly, now all the Democrats are saying, Joe Biden is the best of us, He's a true here, this is what leadership looks like, and so on. But yes, all the people who are currently praising Joe Biden were, of course the people who were busily pushing him out in recent days. It's Nancy Pelosis, Chuck Schumer and many others. The whole leadership of the Democrat Party realized that.
Speaker 7: They were running a.
Speaker 8: Candidate frankly totally unfit for the office. It was perfect clear he couldn't perform the task, He couldn't stay awake on television very easily.
Speaker 7: No way he was going to run the country for another four years.
Speaker 8: Although it does raise a question of exactly who's running it now, and the answer is, we don't know.
Speaker 2: And that's the point. I suppose.
Speaker 3: He may have dropped out as the nominee, but he's still actually the president. And that said, he's canceled a number of engagements this week and has extended his trip in Delaware.
Speaker 2: We also understand that despite confirmation.
Speaker 3: By his doctor, he only has mild COVID symptoms. What on it is going on here?
Speaker 8: Well, the COVID symptoms might be mild, but none of the other symptoms are, as I say, just increasingly obvious to people, and in the whole slew of news that came out in the last month, just perfectly obvious that this was not a candidate at eighty one. Some eighty one year olds might be sprightly, but Joe Biden isn't among them. I became perfect obvious he wasn't gonna be able to last for another four years. Of course, as you say, I mean, there's still half a year almost for him to go, for him to be running the most important country in the world. But there are so many questions now, and those people who think that this has been a sort of lovely, sort of crowning of Kamala Harris as his successor, I think there might be a bit more pain to come from within the party because not everyone in the Democrat hierarchy is absolutely sure that Kamala is their winner in November.
Speaker 3: No, but Kamala Harris has told a rally in Wisconsin that she is enough support to secure.
Speaker 2: The Democratic nomination.
Speaker 9: Here she is announcing it so Wisconsin, I am told as of this morning that we have earned the support of enough delegates to secure the Democratic nomini.
Speaker 3: But He's Representative Chuck Schumer, is rather awkward announcement, I think back in Kamala.
Speaker 10: So, now that the process is played out from the grassroots bottom up, we are here today to throw our support behind Vice President Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: I'm clapping.
Speaker 3: You don't have to Douglas the Democrats scene. I think more resigned to the fact that Kamala will be the nominee rather than excited about it, don't.
Speaker 8: You think, well, I mean, it's hard to see who could be excited about it simply on a polls level. You know, in the prospective polls of how people think they might vote in November, Donald Trump was already beating Joe Biden by two points in most polls. He's already beaten Kamala Harris by five points. So I don't know who would be especially excited about this. Kamilo is obviously very excited about it and is going to show her enthusiasm in that normal, usual and completely non fake way she has of expressing enthusiasm for things principally herself and her own words. But she might be an enthusiastic but it's hard to see.
Speaker 7: Who else is.
Speaker 8: I watched a speech of her that she gave last Thursday in North Carolina, and to say that the content of it was vapid is to enormously.
Speaker 7: Sort of praise her.
Speaker 8: Really, there's almost no banality that she cannot come out with, and what is her vision. It's a sort of sub Obama rhetoric with absolutely no detail added on to it, and it's not clear what she wants to do, other of course, than to go forwards in time rather than backwards in time, which is something she's especially passionate about.
Speaker 2: But Douglas, do the Dems actually have another choice?
Speaker 3: Is there actually another viable option at this point so late in the race, Well.
Speaker 8: It would have to be a really stunning household name. There are a couple that are being thrown around, but how likely they are to do anything?
Speaker 7: I don't know, you.
Speaker 8: Know, the enormous selfishness actually of Joe Biden and Jill Biden and the Biden family and keeping Biden pretending he was going to run until last Sunday. The selfishness of it actually is that if he'd have said, say a year ago, look, I've done my spell in office, I've done everything I can. I'm in the twilight of my years and it's time for next generation to come along, there could have been at least a year for Democrat candidates to put themselves forward, put forward their prospectives for leadership, have an open debate among themselves, and for the best man or woman to win. But because Joe Biden harm so with such clenched fingers onto the presidency. The fact that Jill Biden egged him on even when she must have seen did see that he couldn't even walk onto a stage without a detailed map of the terrain. It suggests that, actually, you know, these people who have been saying what patriots they are and so on, have really mucked things up for their own political side, their own political party.
Speaker 2: I don't think I could have put that better.
Speaker 3: But back to Kamala, and we have seen snippets of Kamala Harris over the course of the.
Speaker 2: Last three years.
Speaker 3: Very few of those snippets have been edifying Douglas. Here she is, as Senator upplauding the idea of defunding the police.
Speaker 9: Right now, what we're seeing in America is many cities spend over one third of their entire city budget on policing. But meanwhile, we've been defunding public schools for years in America. We've got to re examine what we're doing with American tax payer dollars.
Speaker 3: And here she is talking about eliminating private health insurance.
Speaker 11: You support the Medicare for All bill, I think initially co sponsored by Senator Bernie Sanders. You're also a cosponder ontt. I believe it will totally eliminate private insurance. So for people out there who like their insurance, they don't get to keep it.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, the.
Speaker 9: Idea is that everyone gets access to medical care and you don't have to go through the process of going through an insurance company, having them give you approval, going through the paperwork, all of the delay that may require. Who of us has not had that situation where you've got to wait for approval and the doctor says, well, I don't know if your insurance company is going to cover this.
Speaker 2: Let's eliminate all of that. Let's move on, and it doesn't stop there.
Speaker 3: She also agreed with the hard left representative AOCS push to eliminate cars in eleven years.
Speaker 12: Sixty minutes this weekend, proudly calling herself a radical and she's promoting policies like saying that every single carbon emission in the country, every car should be eliminated within the next eleven years, everything from a seventy to eighty percent tax rate. Do you agree that she could possibly, in this ideology of the socialist left, could splinter your party?
Speaker 9: No, you know, I think that she is challenging the status quo.
Speaker 2: I think that's fantastic, Douglas.
Speaker 3: You mentioned earlier the Obama talking points without the detail. Do we know what she actually believes in and whether and to what extent that would form part of any democratic policy platform.
Speaker 7: No, we have very little idea of what she believes in.
Speaker 8: Actually, because she Isia says things like that's why we need to have the conversation about that. That's one of her tricks. Whenever she gets into a corner way, she really doesn't know what to say. And the rest of it, as I said earlier, sort of banalities. This is somebody who, from the clips you just paid, seems to think that they can answer the problems of education in America, of healthcare in America, of crime in America.
Speaker 7: But there's absolutely no meat on the bone.
Speaker 8: I mean, the idea is in that first clip that it's an either or in regards to policing or schooling. It's not a lack of money that's the problem in American schooling. It's a lack of decent teaching and a lack of discipline in the schools. There are American students in even the poorer states who have more money per pupil paid by the state for the education than in most countries around the world, and yet they still have some of the worst literacy and numeracy rates. That's not a failing of funding, that's a failing of the teaching unions across America, among much else. Only Mama Harris can present these complex problems, pretend the solution to them is simply more money and promise to put more money everywhere, and make it not at all clear with exactly how that money would be of any use. As I say, it's all vapid and empty rhetoric, and it's very unclear what she actually believes.
Speaker 7: She just says what she needs to say to.
Speaker 8: Get through the next ten seconds of any interview or speech.
Speaker 3: Which is going to be a huge problem if she, god forbid, turns out to be the president. But there's also been plenty of chatter about who her vice presidential candidate may be. A few suitors have started turning up being very flattering about Kamala in the.
Speaker 2: Last couple of days. Where do you think this will learn?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 8: I mean, it's actually not clear to me that the most talented people in the party are going to put themselves forward. Does Kamala Harris, and you know, your name on a ticket seem at the moment to be a good prospect for you if you're a Democrat, an ambitious Democrat.
Speaker 7: I think probably not.
Speaker 8: I think quite a lot of the people that people assumed would get into the race actually won't if she is certainly the top of the ticket, because they would be the vice presidential running mate to a walking disaster. I mean, you know, we'll see, there's a long way to go. You know, in the next sort of almost four months, there will be I mean we've seen just the last week.
Speaker 7: You mentioned at the top of the show that just the last week has.
Speaker 8: Been unbelievable amount of things happening, from the attempted assassination of former President Trump to Joe Biden stepping out of the race on Twitter. So almost four months, absolutely anything can happen. But I just think that the Democrats are kidding themselves but no one else if they think that Kamala Harry is a strong candidate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's a very very fair call.
Speaker 3: And back to where this week kind of started, obviously with that attempted assassination of Donald Trump Secret Service head Kimberly Chedtles She's finally stepped down overnight. This is, of course, following the Secret Services total failure to protect the former Donald Trump at that rally in Butler, Pennsylvania. They had one job and they absolutely botched it. Here is what Speaker Mike Johnson had to say.
Speaker 13: Our reaction, the immediate reaction to her resignation is that it is overdue. She should have done this at least a week ago. I'm happy to see that. I'm happy to see that she is heeded the call of both Republicans and Democrats. Now we have to pick up the pieces.
Speaker 1: We have to.
Speaker 13: Rebuild the American people's faith and trust in the Secret Services and agency.
Speaker 3: And it's no wonder she had to go, especially after that spectacle that was the questioning by the House Oversight meeting on Monday. Quite a sight to behold both Democrats and Republicans calling for her resignation.
Speaker 2: But I think this was probably my favorite exchange of the hearing.
Speaker 14: Would you agree that this is the most serious security lapse since President Reagan was shot in nineteen eighty one of.
Speaker 1: The Secret Service?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, I would.
Speaker 14: And you know, do you know what Stuart Knight did when he was in charge at the time of the Secret Service. Do you know what he did afterwards?
Speaker 2: He remained on duty.
Speaker 14: He resigned. He resigned. What's the difference between your position and what Stuart Knight did?
Speaker 15: What I will tell you, sir, is that I am dedicated to finding the answers to what happened, and like every Secret Service agent, we don't shirk from our responsibilities.
Speaker 2: I will remain on Douglas.
Speaker 3: The hubris that was on display at that hearing was absolutely extraordinary. Why on earth did it take so long for that reality to set in?
Speaker 16: Well?
Speaker 8: I watched that hearing and came away with a view that the now former head of the Secret Services clearly decided that her aim in the hearing was to say as little as possible whilst presenting herself as being as helpful as possible. She wouldn't answer even the most basic questions like when did you start preparing for this hearing? She said things like well, for the best of my recollection, or I can't recall, or there was no skin off her nose. If she'd have just said, you know, I started preparing the moment I heard, which was six days ago, or whatever, she seemed to be intent on not giving any details in case she could somehow be tripped up on them at some later date in the hearing or afterwards. And that was just a disastrous tactic. She had repeaterdly asked about timelines and it turned out she didn't have them.
Speaker 7: It really was an embarrassment. You know, she was a political.
Speaker 8: Appointee of Joe and Jill Biden, was of close to them and respected and liked by them when she was in charge of then Vice President Biden's security detail. She obviously was not the right person for this job. She certainly wasn't the right person to represent herself in front of a congressional hearing. And I think it's probably very good that she goes.
Speaker 7: She's gone.
Speaker 8: That said, there is an enormous amount that still needs to be found out and interrogated about exactly what did happen that day at the Trump rally, because there are so many security failings that we now know that have come out. And as I said last week, this is you know, the world was just too close, by a couple of millimeters from something utterly catastrophic happening.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and it's very fair that representatives on both sides they are want to know what happened, because obviously they are all in danger if the Secret Service isn't doing what it needs to be doing. Now, one last topic, and we know Benjamin Netna who is in the US to mate with the government in relation to the.
Speaker 2: Ongoing war in Gaza.
Speaker 3: It's been reported that Kamala Harris is going to boycott netnya who's dress.
Speaker 2: But that's not all.
Speaker 3: Apparently pro Palestinian protesters have invaded the Capitol building. If this wasn't so serious, Douglas, it would just be the most epic political satup.
Speaker 7: Well, yes, but.
Speaker 8: I mean it is very serious because I mean here we see a very important relationship for America and Israel being put under strain, not by these nincome poop protesters. I mean they should all just be arrested as anyone else would be if say they broke into the Capitol building. But the thing of putting strain on it is that decision by current Vice President Harris not preside over the session. I think she's speaking to a high school somewhere in Vermont something at the time.
Speaker 7: When she could be presiding that joint session.
Speaker 8: Clearly she is making this more of a political point than it needs to be. There has actually always been a great bipartisan agreement in the US on the importance of the American Israeli relationship. I'm sure the Prime Minister nathana Who will speak to that when he speaks.
Speaker 7: On Wednesday, and we'll see.
Speaker 8: But's it is a snub actually by Kamala Harris and a very bad sign Netania, who's also meant to be meeting Joe Biden to express his thanks for Joe Biden's support since October. But it's not even clear if that's going to happen, because it's not clear if Biden's well enough to meet him. It seems so that according to reports today, So we'll see. But you know, it should be an important time from America and Israel to re emphasize the strength of that relationship, and if it is politicized by come Harris and others, it'll be to the detriment of both countries and a lamentable situation which should never have arisen.
Speaker 2: No, and I think there's plenty more to come out in the wash there. Thank you so much, Douglas Murray.
Speaker 7: Great pleasure.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Still to come left is losing it, including those fawning over Marmala.
Speaker 2: Harris and Adam B.
Speaker 3: Coleman analyzes the left's attempt to rebrand laugh and Kamala. Now it's time for left is losing it and as we barrel towards a US presidential election, the Dallas turned up on the partisan crazy and it is coming from absolutely all directions. In the aftermath of former President Donald Trump being shot, this is what the president of the American Federation of Teachers had to say.
Speaker 17: It is seldom a dramatic event or attack that lets fash in the door.
Speaker 18: The violence comes later after they are voted.
Speaker 17: In voting, it's still our best defense against tyranny and fascism, and it's our best offense to create the better future we dream of, and march.
Speaker 18: For progress is possible, but not guaranteed. When the history books are written about this moment, let them record that we the.
Speaker 4: People united, mobilized and voted down.
Speaker 5: This existential threat to democracy and freedom, that we continue the march progress, that we lay the foundation for a better future, and that we sought to create a more perfect union progress.
Speaker 8: It is possible.
Speaker 19: Kick marching.
Speaker 3: Hardly softening political discourse in the aftermath of an attempted political assassination. And if that isn't an advertisement for homeschooling, then I'm not really sure what is now. Moving on to Kamala Harris, who many are saying will be the Democratic nominee.
Speaker 2: It's fascinating to see how.
Speaker 3: The lefty media has ditched Old Joe jumping headfirst onto the Kamala train.
Speaker 13: I'm jumping out of my feet over here watching the people have been thirsting for this, and.
Speaker 9: I'll just say this, you know, and I'm with Tim, Tim, I'm jumping out of my seat higher than you, my brother.
Speaker 7: I'm just gonna say that.
Speaker 19: It was a twinkle in her eye. There was a kick in her step that you know when you're a vice president. You know, I don't You're not looks you can't. You know there's somebody above you, there's somebody you don't want to overshadow them.
Speaker 10: You are.
Speaker 19: And this was quite the coming out. And I got chills when she said, don't try I know your tape.
Speaker 10: I was blown away.
Speaker 19: I was like, I kind of fell in love with her. I thought she was smart, engaging, She's funny, fasting, twikle in your eye, punch you in the gun.
Speaker 7: I mean everything.
Speaker 2: You what.
Speaker 19: I just thought it was a great, great opening act.
Speaker 1: She looked completely comfortable tonight with the words she was speaking. They felt organic and genuine.
Speaker 3: Are we even living on the same planet? And of course a switch in the Democratic nomination wouldn't be complete without some blame landing with the Republicans. Apparently it's a racist to suggest Harris is a dei.
Speaker 19: Higher Republicans have gone so far as to call her a dei.
Speaker 7: Hire was just clad out racist.
Speaker 3: This is a pretty unusual allegation given I thought it was one of the few accepted facts.
Speaker 2: On both sides of the aisle. After all, no one.
Speaker 3: Has accused Kamala Harris of being competent. But let's it dial up the crazy a bit further.
Speaker 2: Apparently mispronouncing her name is a hate crime.
Speaker 16: Heard from inside Republican circles and right wing media that the heat campaign against Kamala Harris has begun. You'll notice they purposefully pronounce her name wrong, they say Kamala. They do it all the time. It is on purpose. But the talk is to start that heat campaign and get it going and start it churning.
Speaker 3: And over recent days and hours, more people are coming out to endorse Kamala Harris, the Clintons, Nancy Pelosi. Then there is Meghan Markle, who reportedly wants to endorse Kamala Harris as well. Megan is so lacking in self awareness, so she doesn't realize that her endorsement is probably more like a kiss of death. Perhaps just send her some strawberry jam and stay mum. And while the Democrat political establishment is getting used to the idea of presidential nominee Harris, this blow thinks the presidential nominee should be trans.
Speaker 15: I think we need a transgender president.
Speaker 2: And here's why.
Speaker 15: There is no greater struggle than the English trans You're constantly hated, You're constantly people wanting to unalive you because just because of who you are. If we had transgender president, the world would be a much better place and maybe all our haters might actually leave the United States instead of staying here. We the people run this country, not our presidents, not our congressman, not our Senate. Our constitution says we the people. So maybe who's with me? We need a transgender president. I'm up for anybody else who's going to be a candidate.
Speaker 3: Who knew a presidential election a change and nominate, and an attempted assassination could produce so much insane material. Anyway, there you have it. Joining me now is wrong speak? Publishing founder Adam B. Coleman Adam Kamala Harris has gone hard to secure the Democratic nomination in the days after Joe Biden announced his withdrawal.
Speaker 2: What's the latest and does it look like she's got that all stitched up?
Speaker 20: It seems like it, But there's a lot that can happen up until when we make it to the convention. You know, there's quite a bit of a possibility that they might stroll elsewhere, but there's a lot of momentum behind Kamala Harris. That might be the direction that they go at the convention. It seems to make the most sense, especially from a campaign finance situation. So I would say it's more likely that she'll be the nominee, but you never know what happens when it comes to the convention.
Speaker 2: And plenty of other names have been floated.
Speaker 3: But some of those perspective nominads, do you think they're either eyeing off the vice presidential nomination or just waiting holding their breath until next time.
Speaker 20: Yeah, the names that constantly come up like Gavin Newsom and other notable names. I think there's a likely chance that they're going to wait till next time around. I think someone who is likely to win a presidential race, like in a full length I don't think they're going to want to risk coming in with four months essentially until the election comes around to run an entire campaign, raise money, so on and so forth. I think it's a huge risk for someone who does have presidential ambitions. So that's why even more so, I think it's leaning more towards Kamala Harris. Pamala was alongside Joe Biden. For many voters, they're going to see that Kamala Harris is an extension of Joe Biden, but obviously someone who is younger and more alive than Joe Biden is. So I think it's an easy transition for the Democratic Party to move in her direction.
Speaker 18: Now.
Speaker 3: The withdrawal of Biden has definitely changed the landscape of the presidential race, that's for sure. Donald Trump has accused the Democrats of fraud over the Biden swap. Is this an acknowledgment that Harris could potentially create some issues for Trump?
Speaker 20: It's possible, but I think Trump has a point. You know, they went through an entire primary process, and obviously, you know, anybody with two eyes who's paying attention can see that Joe Biden was falling apart, you know, cognitively and literally falling, and so when it comes to one particular debate, all of a sudden, they want to change course, negating all the Democratic voters who went out and chose Joe Biden as their nominee, and pressuring Joe Biden because there was a lot of pushback from the Biden and Biden campaign before he left. So in many ways, I've called this a democratic coup. You know, they wanted him out because the public got to see what he actually look like in prime time, and now they get to put in place the leader that they want, negating all the people who are part of the party, who were part of the process. So you know, whether it's Kamala Harris or they do some backroom deals to choose somebody else, it kind of gets rid of the whole democratic process involving the voters.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, Donald Trump, you know, when Biden withdrew, he must have known that this was coming. I mean, that Kamala Harris attack had that hit the news wave is really quickly.
Speaker 20: Oh yeah, I think everybody. Everybody suspected that something was going on. There were rumors about Joe Biden leaving office for about a week prior, and actually I was pretty skeptical about him actually leaving because there was so much pushback coming from Joe Biden. Every time there is speculation, there is another press release that he's staying in place and that he's on the campaign trail. So I think if you're a good campaign, you prepare for multiple outcomes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And the Democrats, I've been quick off the mark to frame Kamala as presidential. She took her nieceus for ice cream over the weekend and she's been referred to as Momala. How important is this repositioning of Kamala Harris in this campaign.
Speaker 20: Yeah, this is a massive pr campaign that's going on. There's a lot of excitement. Some of the excitement is just the juxtaposition of Joe Biden, who is very much so comatose like and here you have someone who is much younger, much more vibrant, smiles a lot, you know, just on the surface, seems like someone that you should be excited over. But Kamala has been hiding for quite some time and letting the PR team fill in the blanks. But that's the excitement of right now. We'll give it some weeks and when she actually starts speaking, if there's going to be a debate, which I would hope there's going to be a debate between her and Trump. If she's a nominee, we get to ask her tough questions. But in the meantime, she's going to do a bunch of fluff interviews by the mainstream media. She's not going to be challenged. She's going to be well prepped to show off her personality rather than her policies.
Speaker 2: And she might be well prepped.
Speaker 3: And obviously that talking point about her being younger that there has gone.
Speaker 2: All through the media very very quickly. But ultimately she's going to have to have a lot more than that.
Speaker 20: Oh yeah, absolutely, it's working right now. A lot of people are like, look how much money she raised in such a short period of time. Like I said, this is political excitement. It's going to happen. It's going to be like this, especially leading up to her nomination. So she's going to raise money However, there's going to be a point where it's going to slow down and people are going to ask questions, Okay, we're excited about you, but what do you have to offer us, even coming from Democratic voters, because remember they didn't choose her as the nominee, so she still has to win them over, and for some of them it's not enough to not be Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Correct, And I'm just interested to know in that campaign period, say that four months, say that she does get the Democratic nomination, when you think about the demographic that she's designed to appeal to, how markedly different is her campaign going.
Speaker 2: To be from what would otherwise have been a Biden led campaign.
Speaker 20: I think it's going to be different in a sense that she's going to appeal more to younger voters. You know, not too long ago, she was part of the BET Awards and a pre tape showing with Taraji p Henson that appeals to a particular demographic of people that Joe Biden doesn't necessarily appeal to. So, you know, by virtue of being younger and also by virtue of being a woman, she may appeal to a wide variety of people in a different way than Joe Biden was able to. But at the same time, this is going to come to a point where she's going to need to be challenged. She's, you know, this entire process because she's being picked. She hasn't been challenged. She hasn't had someone to ask her tough questions in quite some time, basically four years when she did the vice vice presidential debate. So in reality, in the past four years, she's been able to skirt any sort of criticism directly from the media or even addressing the public about something difficult.
Speaker 3: Now, lastly, and I've got a little under a minute for you, but I know you support the return of manufacturing to the US.
Speaker 2: It has been a powerhouse in the past.
Speaker 3: How does the outcome of a presidential election really impact the US's ability to return manufacturing back to home soil, I think greatly.
Speaker 20: You have one particular issue. You have China as the issue. Donald Trump is bullish on China. Unfortunately the Democrats aren't, and that's going to be a key issue when it comes to actually bringing back jobs here. The second is taxes. Donald Trump is willing to give tax tax bricks to businesses. The Democrats haven't been that tax friendly and so that's going to slow down the opportunities to bring back manufacturing over to the United States.
Speaker 2: Adam B. Coleman, thank you so much for joining us. This evening still to come.
Speaker 3: Elo Masters's son is dead, killed by the work line virus and the Allen government gets it wrong on women again. Joining me now is CEO of Women's Forum Australia, Rachel Wong.
Speaker 2: Hi, Rachel Look.
Speaker 3: I spoke about this topic on Monday with Chris Kenny, but I still can't quite get over the fact that the Victorian government wants to include trans women in an inquiry on women's pain. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty miffed about the idea of biological men cosplaying about pain suffered by women and being indulged on an.
Speaker 2: Issue that's as serious as this. What are your thoughts?
Speaker 21: I gues's absolutely idiotic and expensive. I saw one woman comment that it's like saying that pain is basically a fashion accessory for men who want to be validated as women. I mean, including men in an inquiry into women's pain makes absolutely no sense. Women's and men's health conditions are completely different because of the way we're buy it. Logically, Wiet, I think that it's an absolute slappened the face to women whose health has been historically under research and undiagnosed. You know, we finally have this opportunity to really dig deep into what's happening with women's health conditions, and at this point the government just said, well, actually be it's going to conclude men in this as well. I mean, women are already you know, basically losing our own female only spaces, female only sports, female only services, and now apparently we're not even entitle to our own pain.
Speaker 3: But the thing is ras you're I mean, ultimately we need to know what the results are from this study to be able to improve health care for women. If you're not putting the right information in, you're not going to end up with the right results.
Speaker 21: One hundred percent. And that should be entirely of theous, especially to Premier Uson to Alan and Health Minister Mary and Thomas, who are both female, who know that women's health issues are very different to men's, and you know that these issues need to be researched, and if you're including men with completely different health issues, then obviously the inquiry is going to be tainted.
Speaker 3: And this is in the first time biological men have been allowed to run rough shot over women's issues. Australia E Safety Commissioner Julian mcgrant came out to accuse Donald Trump and his followers of being misinformation minds online.
Speaker 22: During his presidency, Donald Trump not only savagely abused foos online with impunity, but was identified as a major super spreader of miss and disinformation.
Speaker 3: But this same E Safety commissioner who appears to have been on quite the mission to censor factual tweets about trans women breastfeeding. At what point does this pendulum swing back to common sense after the narrative has demanded compliance with an obviously anti science position.
Speaker 21: This position from Julian Mangrand is quite ironic, isn't it, Because she is someone who is basically saying that men can be women, that men can breastfeed, that it's a hate crime to say otherwise, And yet she's the one who's policing misinformation. She's probably not the best person to be doing that. And I think it really shows the issue with putting in the hands of one person or a team of people basically control over truth online. But you know, I think that we're already seeing a swing back to truth into biological reality. I think some of these issues, especially the gender ideology ones, have gone too far. When we started really speaking out strongly on these issues several years ago, there weren't many people speaking out. There's been a huge shift over the last few years. People are willing to rest their livelihoods and to.
Speaker 2: Get sued and et cetera. But they're still.
Speaker 21: Speaking out because they're absolutely sick of it. And so I think we've definitely seen a seed change on.
Speaker 2: This, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: And even Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Muss said that he was tricked into giving consent for his child to go on puberty blockers, adding that he believes the Woke Mind virus figuratively killed his son. This is what he had to say in an interview with Jordan Peterson.
Speaker 1: So I was straightt into doing this, and it wasn't explained to me that puberty blockers are actually just sterilization drugs. So anyway, and so I lost my son essentially. So you know, they they're caught dead naming for a reason, all right. And so the reason that's called dead naming is because your son is dad. So my son is aber is Dad killed by the walk mind.
Speaker 3: Virus, and this shows that anyone, no matter how wealthy or worldly, can get caught up and caught out in the vagaries.
Speaker 2: Of gender ideology.
Speaker 3: You did mention or you just touched on it before, But are we really seeing more of that pushback from parents?
Speaker 21: I think we are seeing the pushback, and I think having someone like or must seek out is going to, really, I hope, give parents a lot of courage to continue to do that, because someone with that kind of influence, someone who's probably one of the most intelligent people in the world, was captured by this ideology. You know, he's admitted that it was a mistake sign those forms, that he was tripped, but he's come out and he said that, so, you know, I think that that hopefully is going to be redemptive for parents to know that, no matter where they are on their child's journey in supporting them, that it's not too late to step back and reflect and to think, well, maybe this isn't quite right. Maybe I've been you know, misled by the medical profession. And I think they are the ones that do have a lot to answer for here, because they, of all people, know that human beings cannot change sex, and what they are doing to children and young people in the name of the sencitious ideology is an absolute medical scandal.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And when you go back and think about even the things that JK. Rowling was saying, you know, even six months ago, twelve months ago, eighteen months ago, she.
Speaker 2: Was really at the forefront of this pushback.
Speaker 3: And it is good to say people like Keylon Musk another you know, senior and well known figures starting to push back on this because it's much more difficult for everyday people to be able to do that. Anyway, thank you so much for joining us. Rachel Wong, that's it for me, up next to his Newsnight, Good night,