Speaker 1: We got get you the ready morning every day, every lazy gentleman Adelaides, Jody and Hazy.
Speaker 2: There's some new research has showed that your manager or your boss has the same impact on your mental health as your spouse.
Speaker 1: Oh that's really concerning, isn't it.
Speaker 2: So the person in charge of you, they both sit it around sixty nine percent. The person in charge of you, Just think about that for a second, has the same impact as your husband or your wife.
Speaker 1: Well, basically, which makes sense because a lot of people, may include myself, you kind of and you shouldn't and everyone says when you look back, you regret that. But it's hard when you're living in the moment. You kind of set up your life based on sometimes how things are going at work.
Speaker 2: Your happiness at work, don't you And we were inundated yesterday with calls, so we thought, let's take some more this morning thirteen twenty fourteen. Do you have a nightmare? Boss?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, what have they done? Take us through the examples. The examples that we keep on getting is when leave gets rejected, yeah, like at the last minute, or where basically a boss say no, you can't do that. And if you really knock it down. No, you can do that because it's part of the contract and it's pretty basic work rights that bosses would say no to. And I understand as well. For bosses, they've probably got themselves into a particular situation like that because they're ruthless. You've got to be ruthless. And that's not about human relationships. But he was there a way where employers and employees can coexist and not hate each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be nice, because do you ever look at someone in the workplace and you got not here, not my other job that I have in the past looked at people and thought, how are you in charge of anybody? You shouldn't be in a position of power. You should not be in a position where you can abuse that power.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Everyone has been in that position, I reckon. Yeah, everyone has had some sort of person in an above position where it'd be like, how did you get here?
Speaker 2: And how are you remaining there?
Speaker 1: What's going on here? How are you holding down this job? It's like I'm a punch in the face. I won't but I want to, I really want to.
Speaker 2: It's almost like if you actively tried, you couldn't be worse at this job.
Speaker 1: Than you are and you're still here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we want to hear those stories more, alright.
Speaker 1: Thirteen twenty four ten Your worst Bosses, your worst manager stories. Would love to hear them, all right? Should we go to is it? Marlissa from Port Adelaide?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Kaye? What have you got? You an event? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I had a boss, thank god, not with them now, could not just the kid, and they made me choose between take picking up my kid who had a temperture, or my job picking up my kids, and I lost my job.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is absurd.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then I've been told many times of employers if they knew I had no autisty kids, they wouldn't have hide you.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's compassionate, isn't it?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: At least Mesa, do you where do you work now? Do you work now? And are you in a good spae? Yes?
Speaker 3: Good, yep, that's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I was gone through a very hard time.
Speaker 1: Well at least you had to. You had to siphon out some crap and you're in good space now. So maybe things like that happen for a reason.
Speaker 2: Times when you lose a job, you think, oh god, my world's caving in, But then the next minute you land in a much better place, which is what's happened with you. Melissa, Good morning, Jabe.
Speaker 5: Good morning. How are you this morning?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: Thank you. What did your manager do? Oh?
Speaker 5: Well, Actually, in the same business, I had a manager and a two ice. The two ic would change their minds probably more than they change their unders and your quality assurance. That made it really difficult to relay policies and procedures. Yes, and the manager on a frequent basis, I would walk into their office and go, can you sign this? We need to change that, you need to do this, and they would just kind of sit there and look at you and go, oh yeah, okay. So it made it very very difficult to have someone that's meant to be supporting you when yeah, you're kind of just providing them with the information that needs to be updated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in a way, you're their manager.
Speaker 2: I feel like that she probably should have been their superior.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Possibly feels like Jade that what you're trying to say is that you're dealing with idiots.
Speaker 5: I was, Yeah, I was. I did change industries because I'm like, no, I can't do this anymore.
Speaker 1: Too much.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jay, thank you so much. Let's go to catch on. What did your boss do? Oh?
Speaker 5: Hence there and the worst I think we all looked at each other thinking, is this for real? We weren't allowed to drink water only we couldn't have water on our desks. We weren't allowed to drink water in front of customers. It was and we're like why not? And the statement was it's unprofessional to be drinking water at your desk and in front of people, so you have to go to the tea room. And we're like, what.
Speaker 1: What that's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were. I think we were just thought maybe they were joking at first, but no, really really not joking and was really narky about it. Hence everyone left that place a whole whole hippi. New stuff came on, but manager is no longer there anymore. There's been after lease. It was terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that they got interviewed for the job and they're like, how do you feel about dehydration?
Speaker 1: Also, there's that you can't do that. The only place is workplaces where you can stay the employees you can't drink waterers is if you're a shrinking yep. Or if you're a sea monkey. They're the things where sometimes you can't mix with aqua unless you know what you're doing. You know what I mean? All good, I'll explain after. I remember as well, do you know we're just talking in the break before and I was like, oh my gosh. I remember I was playing music for particular bloke so effectively he was a booking agent. And I remember he used to put money into my account and then get me to withdraw it and give it to him as cash, and he'd be like, oh, aw, i's got an issue in the bank and I can't get the cash out, so I'm just going to put over money into your account and can you just withsrare it give me thanks? May yeah, I preciate pre shout. And then after I was like, oh my gosh, he's sifening money through my account for tax.
Speaker 2: Purposes, laundering money through waundering money. How long did this trance fire before you caught it on? And something not right here?
Speaker 1: I'm not kidding. I would have done about seven rate transactions.
Speaker 2: Okay, then Gary gullible.
Speaker 1: Mate, you gotta call your bank and get it sorted out. This is ridiculous. I need to know I need to know. I need to know what in the news today to know. This is what you need to know.
Speaker 2: You know what you need to know with Jody and as very big win for the protection of emergency service workers in court yesterday. So have you been following this case of Raina Cruz. Raina Cruz was the woman who assaulted a police officer and two security guards at a pub. And can you remember she actually scalped the pregnant police officer at the time, your massive chunk out.
Speaker 1: Of her hair.
Speaker 2: It's a horrible story. Well, she initially only got sentence, had a suspended sentence, which meant you don't have to go to jail, so she escaped any sort of real punishment other than the public shame of what she did. Yesterday, there was an appeal and now she's in prison for three years and nine months and two weeks immediately, so it got overturned. Yeah, which, as I say, for those emergency service workers who turn up to the scenes of volatile situations and who are assaulted by members of the public, they need to be afforded the most protection that they can. So I think this sends a big signal to people you're going to mess with emergency service workers. You're going to be punished one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Well that is a good result in the end.
Speaker 2: Yes, not for Rainer, of course, who initially escaped any sort of punishment and now at next minute she's in jail for four years.
Speaker 1: All right, can we just sort of wheel in a much different direction?
Speaker 2: How are you going to segue?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just gonna do. This's class said here. We got to old school too. By the way, Ed Sharon, what know this? Ed Scheron has actually let's think that he's going to be returning to Australia in early twenty twenty six, So that's three years can you believe it? Three years after his record breaking tour down and that he's.
Speaker 2: Coming in twenty twenty six, and that's in three years. I was like, how's your mass spoke?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's not very good. Well it's not very good, but three years ago that he was here. So the British singer made the casual revelation of TikTok comment this week, setting off a frenzy amongst fans. So what happened was someone by the name of Soath said on his TikTok, how does coming back to Australia soon sound to you? And he just quick as a flash wrote back start of twenty twenty six. Well it was like, oh my gosh, and this was uncovered by Smallsey via Smalesey Surgery. Congratulations Detective Kent, good job, huge stuff. So the big question Joe's now from here is will he come to Adelaide?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, do we think he's going to come to Adelaide? He has in the past.
Speaker 2: Wait start of twenty twenty six? Did he say the start of twenty twenty six?
Speaker 1: He just said three words, start of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: So we'd have to work out because he would obviously do Adelaide OVAL. So if you can do some quick googling in terms of the cricket, what's happening here? That's in December, isn't it not?
Speaker 4: Is it not?
Speaker 1: We usually get the test in December?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, but then that should got changed up. So I don't know he needs Adelaide Oval though, doesn't he He.
Speaker 1: Absolutely needs Adelaide oble to make it worth his while. So if he came here, he probably did two or three shows and sell it Adelaide OVAL. That's what gets him here.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've never seen him before.
Speaker 1: I've seen him a couple of times now, I've seen him adeloid. But also the entertainment center. The entertainment center sounds a bit different because it's enclosed. Okay, it's the best gig I've ever been. It was years and years ago. He just started making and he just started using a loop pedal. I've never seen someone with such incredible crowd control. He had the crowd divided into thirds. He had one section like waving their arms, another one cheering, another one like with their phones, doing all sorts of things. It was ridiculous. Well, it's unbelievable and in the talent that comes with it, just magnificent in all the whole time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, it is very cool. I love Smalesey's response to small As. He said, be selling organs to buy concert tickets. That's so cute. A small As he hasn't brought tickets to a concert since nineteen eighty.
Speaker 1: Two, so come on, last time, as Smalls, he made a transaction for a gig doesn't exist. January is looking clear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did a lot of look at the.
Speaker 5: Calendar here and it looks like the men's ashes is until the twenty first September and then the women's doesn't start till feb Oh.
Speaker 1: That's at Adelaide Oval. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, that's good because he goes and tear up that track.
Speaker 2: And they're not playing me ashes it Karen Rolp neither.
Speaker 1: No, they're not going to shift it like the yield. Final time. Now to speak to one of the absolute greats, and that is someone who's played three hundred and twenty AFL games. He's won four premierships from Fox Footy and KO Sports. It's Jordan Lewis. Jordan, good morning, mate, good morning, thanks for having me on mate. Can we just say what about the Crows for the Swans on the weekend. Weren't the Swans just an absolute atrocious rabble? Oh no, it was a training run.
Speaker 4: Witches hats, witch's hats. But hey, the test comes for your team. Are you Are you Adelaide or Port Adelaide. Wow, we're both changed.
Speaker 1: We like Port Adelaide, but we love seeing the Crows do well.
Speaker 2: It depends who looks like making the finals on any given year.
Speaker 1: Then that's so you're an Adelaide supporter.
Speaker 4: So huge game, huge game for you guys this weekend in Adelaide on Friday night.
Speaker 1: This is when the real test comes.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, this will be the barometer, won't it as to where the real deal?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean Brisbane and Brisbane are going okay, but not not not sort of their form of the finals last year.
Speaker 1: So I think if you look at the form.
Speaker 4: Line coming into it and the scintillating football that Adelaide have been able to play so far this season, they would go in slight favorites, I would think.
Speaker 1: And before we let you go, I mentioned it before, I called this Swan's a rabble and it went over your hair. So do you care that Wayne Miller said that they were a rabbel? Is this the biggest bat of all time? I get where you're going with that, I think. So I think there's.
Speaker 4: You know, that's the way the media circus works at the moment, doesn't it. They take a comment and and you know, everyone has their opinion on it, but my opinion I didn't mind it, to be completely honest.
Speaker 2: I just we've had this conversation during the week Jordan, this sort of damned if they do, damn if they don't, If they don't say anything, We're like boring, but when they do say something, they sort of get slammed him.
Speaker 1: Get him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So good luck getting an interview out of Wayne Miller. Now, I mean, he's probably got a great story to tell, he's probably a great personality. We hear that he's a great person so we want to hear from these people, But good luck trying to get an interview out of him.
Speaker 1: Now. Can I ask you, Jordan, what was your relationship like with the media and did you change after you joined the media. What was like?
Speaker 4: I was a dead set bogan when I came from Warnable to Melbourne, so I had to sort of polish the edges, but I always enjoyed it. I never took myself too seriously and and you know, I just treadd it in that way. But yeah, I mean some people completely they don't like it. They just wish they could play football and then sort of disappear into the shadows.
Speaker 1: But I didn't mind it. You know.
Speaker 4: I think the generation coming through well versed in sort of public personal promotion, and certainly times have changed.
Speaker 1: Every game is Love and Adray Free during Playing four K on Fox forty available on KO Sports. Jordan Lewis, thank you for your time, mate, good stuff, have a good day, thank.
Speaker 2: You, And you weren't just a boge and you were a bogan with cash.
Speaker 1: The best time. What about this? A British Airways crew member was found dancing naked and business class toilet at thirty thousand feet whilst on duty. Yeah sometimes wait wait wait waitit'll lose yourself in the moment while you're at work.
Speaker 2: Was he not supposed to be delivering pringles and Coconot sugars to the good people in business class?
Speaker 1: Yes, he was supposed to be offering a meal either chicken or beef, but instead he was just getting down and dirty as you do too. By the way, so the suward is suspective of using drugs before the incident, which happened as he was supposed to be serving an in flight meal. Colleagues searched the aircraft when he went missing as they handed out food and drinks from the busy jet to London's Heathrow from the US. It's a big flight, so the info crew boss was then started to find him completely naked and jigging up and down in the club world cabin loo because he's just got Sometimes I'm going to go to the taller guys, and he get down. He was bundled into a spare pair of pajamas reserved for first class passages. On the flight from San fram, The steward was then escorted to the first class cabin, where he was buckled into a luxury seat for the remainder of the ten and a half journey. He was eventually wheeled out into a secured wheelchair, where he was arrested.
Speaker 2: Gary, Gary, sit there, don't move, okay, And he's like, but my hips wantn't my.
Speaker 1: Hips, my hips, these hips don't lie. One of his coworkers said, we think the guy pop pills when he was meant to be working. It's an extraordinary thing to do. Another said, the plane was cruising at thirty seven thousand feet over the Atlantic, but this bloke seemed to be higher than anyone else. Oh my gosh. I think we've all been.
Speaker 2: There where, perhaps where we've taken bills at work.
Speaker 1: Well maybe not so much, but maybe if you've, if you've overdone it a little bit at work. Yes, early days for me, the Greenwood Hotel, nor Sydney got me fired. Yeah, A bunch of beers before and during the shift while I was picking up glasses.
Speaker 2: Weren't you out in the park with your mate just sinking beers and your managers.
Speaker 1: Like a And he was all nice about it, like, hey, guys, see you soon there were dead set fifteen beer bottles on the table and we're like, oh, how cool and casualty. Little did we know that we were about to start our last shift.
Speaker 2: Oh dear, I thought that with airline hostesses and pilots, they drug test you and alcohol tests you.
Speaker 1: Nah, sometimes it slips through.
Speaker 2: Especially on international flights.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it happens work Right now, mate, I'm dancing naked as we speak. Joe's takings to Sydney. What have you got?
Speaker 2: What about this story? So a young couple has been left shaken in adversion Coppers after they return home from an overseas holiday to find a stranger. Nah, no strangers, thanks, Let me finish the sentence, as stranger had been living in their Sydney apartment for an entire week. So they walked through the door of their apartment to find Dylan Jelkevin standing half naked in the living room. And then when he saw them, he just picked up a pack bag, put his shirt on and casually left.
Speaker 1: So I didn't even scramble, just was a bit like, oh, they're home, okay, well I'll leave only okay on the problem am I thanks the heads up. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the couple realized their bank card had been used as well, and they said their belongings had been rampaged and the toilet and this is the kicker for me. The toilet was left un flushed. It also had just worn mister C's clothes, some of which were staying with feces. Thanks for that. I was soon arrested after being detained by men passing passing by.
Speaker 1: So you can't even be neat in the process.
Speaker 2: This is the thing. Would you be that a reeved the stranger broke into your house and did the opposite, tied it.
Speaker 1: Up, everything's fine. You're like, wow, the I don't remember leaving the house like this, all your.
Speaker 2: Washing unpacked, your dishwasher, and I would have been like, you're welcome, mister Yolkovian.
Speaker 1: Yes, come back again, that's very nice. Did you feed the dog?
Speaker 2: Yes, you did, thank you.
Speaker 1: Instead, Alternatively, the yelk man has left shit stains and close Welcome to Anxiety City population. Jody.
Speaker 2: Okay, overheats and throwbacks or chestralized. We have to guess the name of the song and the artist, and the scoreline sits at ten to eight in the bad guy's favor.
Speaker 1: I'm bad guys. It's a bad guy. That's what it's all about. What it's all about, all right?
Speaker 2: Playing this morning is Laura from Alldinger Beach. Good morning, Laura, Hello, your team, Hazy, good.
Speaker 1: Luck, good stuff, Laura. Keep him from the bun side.
Speaker 2: Humble, okay, and I'm playing for you. Brock from Davren Park, Hello, Brock.
Speaker 1: Good morning. Fingers crossed, okay, you cross your toes as well, there, Brock. We've got a Wills in the family. Pass off for grabs. Are we ready to go? Joes? Okay, here we go. First song begins, now, Hazy, is it that simple? Our boy Edge hereon Gordway girl.
Speaker 2: It is. We're not just talking about that the break that's right here. We're not just talking about Sharon's card progressions and Gorway girl. Weren't you just talking about that?
Speaker 1: No, let's talk about chord progressions. I said Edge hearing songs a lot of basic chord progressions. Can I say something about Jodes like this?
Speaker 4: Is.
Speaker 1: This is a tough one because it's pretty much the backing track without the lyrics. Rea Jery, that is fair, move on, tough for you? All right, you're ready to go the next one? Say, I have no idea.
Speaker 2: I know it.
Speaker 1: I don't even know it that I don't even know what the song is. Come on, Jade, running out of times.
Speaker 2: It's Billie Eilish till the day that I die. Lad, HiT's your.
Speaker 1: Have a guess? Yeah, it's my turn?
Speaker 2: Yeah you don't get your turn?
Speaker 1: You got the wing? Correct?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Does he?
Speaker 2: What's it called? Sang every lyric except for the name of the song birds?
Speaker 1: Do you know what? I'm on the miss? We can still be listening right now. I wasn't going to pick it up.
Speaker 2: Frustrating.
Speaker 1: Well, so here's the deal. I either sweep through and lock it away or we draw O. Get you ready to go? Here we go this village people, it's not this sing. I mean this is the theme song for my love. You know what I'm saying. As a young gay man, jeez ended up being quite close. Man.
Speaker 2: That's on my own worst enemy in the space.
Speaker 1: I so is that to eleven eight? A little bit of breathing space.
Speaker 2: Well done, Laura from Aldinger Beach a Wallace Cinema family pass for you.
Speaker 1: Clear that that's all right? Okay, she's fairly relaxed about it, fairly relaxed.
Speaker 2: Thank me, Thank you boy, Andrew.
Speaker 1: The Struggles of a young man coming through.
Speaker 2: Well Andrew Hayes. It has been described as the most obnoxious conversation ever.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, it's quite a field too. If you're trying to number down just to one obnoxious conversation, what have you got?
Speaker 2: Jose Well, Megan Mirkale has gone on her good friend, the Jamie kern Lima Show podcast. I mean, and we're all familiar with Jamie kern Leima's work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good on your currency, some great stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm dull.
Speaker 1: Thanks for guiding me in this lifetime and.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to lead you into it by saying I don't condone this behavior. I don't condone this sort of conversing between friends, and I do not condone this conversation in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 6: No yet yet, I'm not sure you're just going to see that applies to every adult that applies to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yet I don't know what I'm doing yet yet.
Speaker 6: My business hasn't that interaction. Yeah, yeah, no one's picked up my book proposal yet. Yes, I haven't found my sawmate yet.
Speaker 1: Is yet the power of yet?
Speaker 6: Power of yet?
Speaker 1: Conversation? And actually it's it's taking the mickey out of influences? Is that what's supposed to be happening?
Speaker 2: I know this is a genuine conversation between a couple of friends.
Speaker 1: Can you believe that?
Speaker 2: I don't want to lay into Megan Michael because it feels like that that's making it's become a pastime for most people.
Speaker 1: But I just I think Megan Michael hasn't been forgotten about.
Speaker 2: I just feel like she's trying to sell this narrative that we all need to swallow that she's an incredible mother and oh my god, do you know where she lost me a little bit. I write an email to my children each and every night so when they're sixteen, they can look back at it and see how much my mother loved me, Like, are you joking? And then in the next breath she talks about how hard she works. I'm like, babe, if you work that hard, you haven't got the energy to write an email to your kid every single night.
Speaker 1: There's no way. The kids get six He mum, where's all those emails?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 1: You just did it for cloud?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What are you fake? Are you not this person you speak? It's an interesting So what about this? Yeah? Yes, do you know the good thing about this, Joe? It's it gives us all hope. I haven't played AFL yet.
Speaker 2: Well, I haven't played for the Thunderbirds yet.
Speaker 1: Guess what. I haven't been punched in the face this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's good. I haven't become a supermodel yet.
Speaker 1: I haven't got drunken stripped off at the nov Christmas party yet.
Speaker 2: I haven't had Channing Tatum's love child.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, yeah, of course, of course.
Speaker 2: Kids. Hey we've got jobs. That's nice. I fear for the younger generation because it feels like AI is absolutely taking over. Yeah, to get that.
Speaker 1: Feeling quite concerning, isn't it. And when this first started being floated, I was like, Nah, yeah, will be.
Speaker 2: Fine if we keep picking up AI the way we are. They reckon that one third one third of the workforce could experience a period of unemployment by twenty thirty.
Speaker 1: AI can't do the things that we do. You may it can't be late. Once every three or four weeks.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's not exact. Is that shots fired at me? No?
Speaker 1: I was late on last Friday. It is a Friday or Thursday. I slept there. My mom went off at five o'clock and I was like, oh my very goodness.
Speaker 2: Can AI be a smart ass, because you certainly can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can do that? Can AI do that? Can AI turn up with lipstick on that day? There it is?
Speaker 2: You've done.
Speaker 1: Now, I think I'm done, dear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you see it everywhere now, so all the retailers came up, big W all the big supermarkets, H and M. It's all the places that you went to when you're a kid, when you turn sixteen and you want to want a job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what this here's an example of AI now being used at Hungry Jack's to take your order. And bear in mind, Hungry Jack smackers an absolute perfect platform to start your working career as a teenager. Not a FAI has anything to do with it. What can I get you?
Speaker 3: Are you AI?
Speaker 1: I'm Hungry Jack's virtual helper. How can I help you? That's so cool? Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 2: Can I get a large ultimate double whopper mill?
Speaker 1: Did you want double whopper? Yes, the large ultimate double whopper. Sure, too much enthusiasm. Too much enthusiasm from that AI worker.
Speaker 2: What about that she's dead behind the eyes too, By the way, she don't want to be there. Sure double whopper whatever coke Fries couldn't give her rates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the A is like, well, I'd like to serve another AI person place, not a real person, because this conversation is just on a different level and not the sort of vibe I'm into.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe they're turning to AI because of people like mayhim would like to make stupid small talk in the drives threat who is this?
Speaker 1: Idiots avoid that gets straight to the boyd show.
Speaker 4: We