Speaker 1: Hello, Well, welcome to the Code n r L Show. Dave, Ricky, O, Michael Carriana's Brent Reid. Before you get into it, I wanted to rip into it straight away.
Speaker 2: Either way, you need to settle a debate Mick and I had last night. Now listen. Yeah, we're talking about food dinner and I saw them have lamb cutlets. Nick said, best, lamb cutlet is not crumbed. I said, no, you've got a crumb. A lamb cutlet must be crumbed. You've got it. You decide crumb or no crumb.
Speaker 1: Definitely, no crumb a lamb cutlet. No. I love the uncrumbed lamb cutlt. Absolutely, Are you seriously the only way debate? Yeah? I don't so knockout blow Michael Carriana.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go on the show.
Speaker 1: Now listen. You're after a shocking start, which is typically I can't believe this, fellas. This is a monster game for the Brisbane Broncos against the Sydney Roosters, and I want to tell you why. There's season's on the line, they're the premiers. I want to talk to you about. I want a different word for Tinny. Is it the tenniest premiership you've seen last year in the way that they were able to get on like a four week run with significant factors in their way in going their way. And I want to go straight down to Canberra where a couple of key decisions in that match went their way, of which the Raiders, I reckon, still have a hangover from.
Speaker 2: This is controversial, it is, but borders on sanity. You're something through Premier a month. I don't get for a month.
Speaker 1: You can't. I never want to disrespect our premiership win.
Speaker 2: Tinny is the Blues win in Origin one. That's tinny. You don't get Tinny for a month. You don't get Tinny for four weeks in succession.
Speaker 1: You think there was softness about the premiership win in what we're seeing in the Broncos now we got hot for about I don't sit down. What about the all on with the Melbourne Storm at halftime and the way well, if two he came up to Metha gets.
Speaker 2: The ball over the Linebourne probably win.
Speaker 3: There's lots of what is but I think you could go back and look at the way they lost the Grand Fall against Penrith a few years ago as well the Penwith just went on this golden NA think Cleary just went on this golden sort of period.
Speaker 1: I don't know. But Penrith have gone back bang bang bang. There's consistency about what they're doing.
Speaker 3: But I don't reflect on the Broncos premiership and go it was fluky at all at all bad luck. Sure they rode the coat tails of ree Wolshon away, no doubt.
Speaker 2: But Reese's form wasn't fluky. That was a bloke that got hotep right at the right time of year and that's what got him over the line. On the inside on with Mick, I don't I don't look at its fluky.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 2: Where you did Tinnys Yeah, yeah, okay, but there was a lot of you do need like to win a premiership and there was a bit of luck involvement. There's a lot of skill and a lot of brilliants from from recy Boys, so you know. And I think you're trying to extrapolate that out to the way they've played this season.
Speaker 1: I am, well, I'm wondering when Reese is going to catch five for a period.
Speaker 2: He may not. He may not, he may not catch fire like he did last year because that was We've all compared to the great seasons in history, Tommy.
Speaker 1: Any difference is he won.
Speaker 3: All those blokes that were going on about Ben Barbera and Tommy and Jared, they never won comp. He finished the job. He won a comp Cronulla, but not when he was running hot at Cana, not in that season. Right, We're talking about that season of when those players run hot.
Speaker 1: Right, So.
Speaker 3: I think it's more of a reflection of like where that squad is at. And that's it's multi layer, right, It's their relationship with the coach, It's the draining that Michael Guide does have one side, it's the injuries as well, some of.
Speaker 1: Those the Broncos didn't start. The Bronco was pretty much playing as they are now at the start of last year. So but they got hot, but they got hot on the back of a star playing.
Speaker 2: You know, I've made a secret of the fact that I'm a Broncos fan, but I actually think they're going to leave it too late this year. Even if they get hot now, I'm not sure they can get there anyway, because they just what they had five wins. I think I think that's why, isn't it. You know, you need thirteen wins to win to make even make the finals, right to finish bottom, bottom of the eighth. They're going to find hard to win eight games, given the injuries they've got, the way they're playing, the age of that squad.
Speaker 1: What would our opinion be of the Broncos right now be if they didn't get those fortunate calls down in Camera? A lot went their way down, But you.
Speaker 2: Need win the comp, that's life.
Speaker 3: What's our opinion of the canber Raiders who didn't win a Grand Final last year and won't play finals this year? Which situation would you rather bean? And why we're reflecting poorly on Brisbane when Camera didn't win a comp last year and they're in a much more a hold in Brisbane this year.
Speaker 1: I'm saying it on the basis of where the Bronx are now, Where the Bronx are were at the start of last season is very similar to where they are now and then where they're going to be next year.
Speaker 3: Why do we compare it with what's like because they're the premiers, Well, Canberra were the minor premiers, right, you're saying they should have been in Brisbane last year? Yeah, yeah, yeah, and they're in a worse spot than Brisbane this year. But what do we say about the.
Speaker 1: Raiders different rosters. I think that I think they overachieved. They did.
Speaker 3: They overachieved last year, they've underachieved this year. It's probably where Canbero is at.
Speaker 1: That's right. But this is a star started roster me and where I'm going is is next year it becomes even more concerned.
Speaker 3: I've made my point. I've made this quite clear. If I'm Brisbane, I'm not resigning Michael Maguire like I just I would just not right, And.
Speaker 1: Because it's just remind listeners and viewers when he's off contract next year and the next year and the next year year.
Speaker 2: So it's not a for the twenty twenty eight season.
Speaker 1: That's why we say next year anyway. It's not a it's just not.
Speaker 2: There are a different side next year. Right, They've got no They're gonna have no Renolds. Jonah will be the half pack. You would imagine, Dan Gago will beat that footage club, Shibasaki'll be gone, paying hass has gone comes in, so there iss gone there. They're going to be a different team next year, right, and a lot's going to hinge on how Jonah Peasant goes a half pack for them, it's going to be and they've got to keep fit, right, They've got to keep Mitch Barnett fit and Jonah Peasant's got to go there and be an.
Speaker 1: E at a lot of it.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of it there and the biggest iff is the coach, which is Mick Raised. I mean that at the moment, So Mick.
Speaker 1: They're going to get into that that Todd Payton area the Broncos, aren't they because and I got into that space early this year with Todd's future and I'm a big bully, you know. I'm a big believer in planning and planning for premierships and it's very hard to do that for the Bronx if they depending on how long they prolonged this decision on whether to reason Madge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt, no doubt, And but I don't know. I just feel like they won the comp last year. There's obviously a premiership hangover there. I haven't gone as hot as they've had, They've had injuries and they don't make the final haover different days.
Speaker 2: When you say recruiting wise players near clarity, I would argue Brisbane's a different kettle of fish because I think people want to play for Brisbane more than most clubs, right, So.
Speaker 1: I think which is why I'm always so critical. I think, yeah, I think that the fact that they are going I.
Speaker 2: Don't think the identity of the coach is significant at Brisbane as it would be at another club. Whatever it is, it's the Broncos. A lot of a lot of queens and kids grow up. I only wanted to play for Brisbane, So I don't think it's I think they can take their time with match because that's not as significant at Brisbane's.
Speaker 1: Going to be. The only thing is I'll say to that is not so much the planning.
Speaker 3: It's going to be the scrutiny because it's going to be huge, right, the innuendo or they're a big club, You've got right, Gordy Taller's like all these guys that you know will be will be talking around what.
Speaker 1: The Broncos future may be.
Speaker 3: So I feel like, not so much from a planning point of view, it's more from a distraction point of view and trying to.
Speaker 2: Need to make a call in the off season. Do they feel like where they going to go? I'd say so otherwise they're start the next season because.
Speaker 1: It's well if they if they make that decision in the off season and given the changes in the roster and given their bulk of form has been inconsistent, you would argue that they're going to start next season slow and they've just extended the coach.
Speaker 3: They might not, but it's not a it's he's not a prove it and see, coach, you know what you're getting, right, So yeah, I think Brisbane would have enough now. It is to know if Michael McGwire deserves a contract extension now alone. And it's it is so crazy to think that he won the comp last year, right, But this is different. This is a different circumstances, a different style of coach and for mine is a short term premiership window coach and his job is done at Brison.
Speaker 1: He's got the job done at Brisbane what he was hired to do. Fellas the three pm Saturday afternoon Dolphins Warriors. Are we seeing the new Broncos, the Dolphins, the way they play, the way they're able to attract attractive brand of foot attract fans through their brand of footy, and this crowd against the Warriors, it's shaping up to be in and around forty thousand at sun Court and the night before Broncos roosters. I just wonder, at what point in time do we start to ask the question the Dolphins closing the gap and when do they actually go past the Broncos as.
Speaker 2: What happened does happens. I'll never go past the Broncos in terms of prov not in a long time. They can go past some in terms of success performance, but not in terms of profile. It will not happen. It won't happen in my lifetime. Yeah, the Broncos are just too I've got a long left. That is true. That is true.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to say that it won't ever happen, but it's a long It's ten years at least at least, right, probably longer than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope you do brand.
Speaker 2: That's ten years, no way, no chance.
Speaker 3: But they have gone past them in terms of obviously premiersure vacations.
Speaker 1: Definitely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did win a comp last you forget that. We moved on quickly.
Speaker 1: Agree. I agree with all that, but I love watching them. Player of the brand. I got to admit. I gotta admit if you said to me, five years ago, there's going to be a Broncos Roosters game on Friday night and a Dolphins Warriors game on the Saturday. And I said, and you said to me, well, the crowds are going to be very similar. I would have said, your kidding yourself. But that's a lot of to do with the Warriors as well.
Speaker 3: Let's not discount how many Warriors fans are going to be. That's on Corp as well. So yeah, they're right in a wave as well. It's a top four class two really good sides, but the Warriors will have a lot of fans there as well.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what helps the Dolphins the way they're playing, the way they play like, they attack so well.
Speaker 1: They suited to this Warrior, to this Dolphins.
Speaker 3: Dolphins team because they play fast, they played advantage line, they've got speed, they're just love using the footy and I feel like the rule changes suited them more than any other club in the Premiership.
Speaker 2: I feel like they got to strike. It feels similar that the CAP's going to bite them in the next yeah a little bit, yeah, you go way, well is going to end upgrade? Right, significant upgrade, I would suggest, given the market for Halves. Herbie's coming off contract in twelve months time. I think the Hammers off off November one, November one. You know, all three of those guys a million dollar players on the open market, right, I'm not sure you can afford three of them in your cap, even though the CAP's going to go up significantly in twenty eight. What are you smiling? Maybe you could afford three. Three be able to three is about the limit.
Speaker 1: Definitely.
Speaker 2: They've got beyond those guys. You know, there's talent throughout that Bostock.
Speaker 1: Gun Max Plas emerging, the Origin.
Speaker 2: Tommy Fleglers's playing Origin and It, and they've.
Speaker 3: Got Jeremy Marshall Kingpackers just such an important player.
Speaker 1: For what.
Speaker 2: And you know what the club does really well? They got some gun kids coming through, They've got a yeah, they've got a production line there. They've got some kids coming through going to be dead set superstars. You look at all the underage teams chock full of Dolphins players. So it's a bit like Penrith actually their production line. But it's it's been really good at leting guys go at the right time right over the years. That's what the Dolphins have got to.
Speaker 1: Let the big ones nic Arima. Yeah, obviously what are we hearing with nick Arima? Fellas well?
Speaker 2: They're talking to Hi about a new deal. They want to keep him but for one year. Yeah, well I issue for one year. But it just depends what he can get in the open market the way he's going. The main who would want to get more I'll put that the wrong way.
Speaker 1: Who who is in a position to pick him up? I think the Bears should sign him the Bears. I think they should.
Speaker 2: It can be great for South.
Speaker 3: So just depends on what happens with Cody in the plate like sort of obviously the back end of their careers.
Speaker 2: I think I think Cody wants to go around again next year.
Speaker 1: You can't keep them. You can't have both. You can't have Cody and Cody. You can't because just of the style that they play.
Speaker 2: That can plus seven six.
Speaker 1: So I woant have thought. So.
Speaker 3: I think if Cody doesn't go, if Cody Walker so doesn't go around, perfect signing for him. But if Cody Walker does stay, I don't think you can go on the Cody Nicam.
Speaker 1: Bears Bears in South. They're the two that makes sense that makes the most sense fellows Bronson Cherry his future at the Canterbury Bulldogs looking pretty fragile, has met Melbourne Storm and Paramatta. Almost certain to leave the Dogs, are certain to leave the Dogs. He won't be there next season, Dave.
Speaker 3: Whether or not he's there this time next week, where you know when we get past during thirty, that's a question mark. But yeah, he'll either be at the Storm or the Eels next season. Which club, I'm not sure, but it's a racing two for Bronson Cherry services for next season.
Speaker 1: Paramatta. This is an area of the roster that I firmly believe they have to upgrade in and it's a bit of power and a bit of speed in their back line. I think they've been short there for a while now and I think Bronson Cherry would be a good pickup. I'm not saying he'd be the you know, a game changer, but I think he uplifts their roster. No, he walks straight into that depends what they pay me, that's the catch for me. But he does walk in straight into that Paramatta. So I does some speed and you add Jayden Saw and Bronson Sherry into that Paramatta team next year and it's already a bit more potent, a bit more strength on the edges. So yeah, I think he's you know, I think he'd do well.
Speaker 2: He walks into that Melbourne side as well, right, because that lose Nick Meani at the end of the year. Jack how has been told if he can find something, they would look at letting him go at the end of the year as well. So they've got some vacant season in the centers as well. Melbourne. I think he'd be a great signing for Melbourne.
Speaker 1: I've been tipped the Eels were actually looking at Howorth as well.
Speaker 2: He's on big cast.
Speaker 3: Let's rewind a few months. This favorite subject, Zach Lomax on the market. Melbourne want to sign him. Paramatta and Melbourne and going back and forth, and you know the player that Paramatta wanted in exchange to release Zach Loomax back health.
Speaker 2: Maybe they can do it rech respectively.
Speaker 1: What do you think, Yeah, well they can take Zach.
Speaker 2: Well, what was that? What was the agreement with Zach in the end? I can't remember.
Speaker 3: For Paramatta Paramatta two years, so this year and next year in terms of holding the cards.
Speaker 2: To his future, so they could potentially say to them now, definitely you can have Jack.
Speaker 3: I know that's big on keeping contracts. I think he's contracted to Rugby next season.
Speaker 2: We should investigate whether that's back on the tape. Actually probably not about it, or do you think? But yeah, I think Bronson Cherry is good football alright and he's obviously on the od of the Dogs. He'd be a hand he signed for either of those.
Speaker 1: Clips Spencer Leena at the el where would you rather go?
Speaker 2: Just out of you two blocks?
Speaker 1: I think he stays in Sydney.
Speaker 2: What do you think me?
Speaker 1: I think they're both clubs that he will thrive in.
Speaker 2: I think he goes to Melbourne.
Speaker 1: I don't know where he goes. Yeah, I think I think he's preferenced to stay.
Speaker 2: I mean Melbourne's closer to when we calm the power? Does he want to want to calm? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Let's see Spencer en Parametter. We've heard this for it's been around a month that you know he's probably going to be well, he's definitely been told. Will we assume have been told?
Speaker 2: Part getting a straight answer? Straight answer? And whether he's formally been given permission to go to market out of everyone, out of anyone, and I think I think we've established there's some form of permission.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's an understanding. At the very least, there's an understanding between the Ruses and Spencer Land, who's agent, that if he finds a deal that the russ don't have to contribute any money into next season, he's freedom.
Speaker 2: I think they'll have to contribute me but they're going to have to.
Speaker 3: That's the Russ are comfortable with Spenser leaving the club at the end of next at the end of this year provided the.
Speaker 2: Cap because he's on significant money over eights, right, so he's going to struggle to get that given the way he's been playing on the power giving them can.
Speaker 1: I just don't know if they're cooling a little bit. I don't know. It's definitely not done. His form has been great the last and he does live near their training base. Junior Barlow goes around again with the power.
Speaker 2: Well, it's just been dragging on and on. It's just take checked on him again this morning. Still not done, and I would imagine he stays a power But the longer it takes and the fact that then new things still bubbling along.
Speaker 1: I say this respectfully to Junior because I reckon he's been he's great, great player, But clubs often operate like this. They do have a pecking order as far as getting their roster sworded, and they probably know that Junior wants to stick around so they can take a little bit more time.
Speaker 2: He's been paid a lot of money for a long time, j R. And you were you could look, he's been a great servant for them, but he was on around the million dollar mark this year, so you'd argue, maybe that's on the he's not going to get that.
Speaker 1: Chance.
Speaker 2: And I'm not begrudging him getting it or saying he doesn't deserve it because he's been a law servant for that footy club. But you've got to give a little back towards the back end of your career.
Speaker 3: Sure, and they love to keep him around career like I hope he resigns for a third But if you if you're Paramatta and your add Sherry and Spencer uplift, that's huge uplift for him for next season and you keep Junior, it's a load based.
Speaker 1: I'm keen to see they go to night against Souths. You reckon there were a chance, Well, they've been in the fight. They've been holding their gloves up.
Speaker 2: They've been they've had some mad weeks so mixed.
Speaker 1: I'm just keen to see how Mitch goes tonight in the back of the Origin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they just need they just need an injury run, a free injury run to their key players. And you know, I just love his He's a gun and telling the Silver's really like telling the Silver's showing that he can be a week in wreak out NRL player, like a starting booker. He's just got these moments in his game. Yeah he needs to eradicate, but that comes with experience, right, But it's all there. They've got the nine, they got the seven, they've got the one, and if they signed Sauas Sherry and potentially Spencer, I think that's a positive signs for Paramatt.
Speaker 1: Had an into next season.
Speaker 2: Again for so too massive, massive game for Sous. They just got to hold the fort to patrol gets back.
Speaker 1: Well, they played Penrith next week by the Knights.
Speaker 2: Well they're getting Penwich in Origin his handy, right, so they've actually got a really the next month. They've got a reasonable draw. They could actually win all four games.
Speaker 1: Tips time fellas he touched on the eels versus Bunnies again. I'm looking forward to this game, really keen to see how Mitch responds. Hoping he gets through the eighty minutes. Okay, he didn't finish. Origin's got to play well, remember, got to play a game off. Who are you learning towards?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, any confidence? Got great confidence?
Speaker 2: Me?
Speaker 1: No, So that's the problem. I don't have great I'm going to tips out, but no great confidence. I can actually see para. I mean, they just got to go in close.
Speaker 3: I'll slog it out in the middle key on Cam Murray. I think that's probably where they'll win it in these conditions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ye, but no confidence that Friday night Titans Bulldogs. I'll give you one here because remember this is going to go to Golden Point and who's going to win. Matt Burton's going to kick the winning field goal?
Speaker 3: No, that's not going to happen. Stephen Crichton, the ten year half back that really wants at the wood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just trying to stir a bit of debate anyway, you.
Speaker 1: Can everybody.
Speaker 3: I would have be surprised if I've picked up the paper and I've picked golco I can't remember.
Speaker 2: I can't remember tip bulls the paper, but I'll go Titans on the camera, both bases covered, go to be right somewhere.
Speaker 1: What's the read men your Broncos against the Roosters.
Speaker 2: I spoke about the Bronx, you know, always tip the Broncos day Roosters confident. I think they're hoped. Definitely, definitely, still know Reynolds.
Speaker 1: Still no man carrying, no ship of saki.
Speaker 2: They've got some problems.
Speaker 3: The way the Rusters defended last week, I really like the work against They defended their line really and I think giving those players out, I don't think prison work like They've obviously got Reese, but I'm not sure they're gonna have a lot to throw at this Rooster's defensive line.
Speaker 2: And I think the might turn on tonight. I think you're hoping that today.
Speaker 1: Roosters for me, Dolphins Worries spoke about it. Cracking game. Hopefully we get a drawer track Dolphins. For me, I'm starting to get a little bit concerned about the increasing injuries to the Warriors. No Jackson Ford, no James Fisher Harris in this game. Yeah, hurts Warriors in a tight one.
Speaker 3: Wow, I just like what they've done in this I think they've got their ability to roll two weeks gives up a little bit more than the Dolphins, and think it's gonna be a test for the Dolphins in the middle.
Speaker 2: Dolphins might put thirty on them. It's my feeling they're playing good football.
Speaker 1: I can't remember who I tipped.
Speaker 2: Can we maybe a tips next week? I'm pretty sure I tipped the Dolphins. I think the Dolphins might turn it on.
Speaker 1: Cowboys Panthers, Cowboys pant thirty write it down Dolphins by thirty.
Speaker 2: Saying that last time I did it web show, the player.
Speaker 1: Does come with a sixty? Come with also? Can we say now'm going to send it to the Warriors. It does come with an asterisk Redi's running second last in the tipping.
Speaker 3: You are you are well down the pecking I've made a comeback. Brendon cows Then, hey, the Broncos.
Speaker 1: Are killing out. He keeps killing me. Come on, Cowboys Panthers up in towns my thirty Saturday, Cowboys Panthers. Jason town Malolo three under the first grade game.
Speaker 2: He's been great, man. He's had a good year.
Speaker 1: He's had a good year.
Speaker 2: A naissance for the big fella. Yeah, they won't win.
Speaker 1: No penrith penriff man there?
Speaker 2: What are the Cowboys? Lost? Three? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Back door, they're about to go on? When are they announcing? Toddy announced? Listed?
Speaker 2: Sorry yeh, Panthers finally listened to you day and resigning there after losing three in a row, about to go four in a row.
Speaker 1: See Eagles v. Storm, The Battle of Brookie seven thirty full pints, Park and New Jeram Hughes Hurts Melbourne, Massive Tyrone wish Tyrone, wish out to play halfback.
Speaker 2: This is very hard for me, this one, isn't it? V The Storm. I'll go I'll go Seagulls. I think I tip Melbourne. I don't know, but I'll go with the Seagulls now I think about it. I forgot drive views was out man?
Speaker 1: Come on the Eagles for me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Sunday afternoon. Oh geez, what about Tommy in that game?
Speaker 2: Tommy has a big game? You picked him in Origin yep, yeah, yeah, of course in.
Speaker 1: The centers for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: Raiders for Dragons Sunday afternoon down in the nation's capital.
Speaker 2: You twisted your face and we said in the centers.
Speaker 1: Is that you're on the wing Maybe on the wing maybe mm hmm, sorry not sure. Raiders Dragons, Raiders Dragons. What are the raided? Raiders get SIMI speaking for the very good.
Speaker 2: Raiders win this Dragons.
Speaker 1: No excuses for camps. But this one is Jacob Helengard, who is in for the Dragons. It's his first game first grade in seven weeks. He had a training misshap with Blake Laurie on Monday, and he's taking Blake Laurie's spot because Blake has suffered a fractured shin.
Speaker 2: He cleaned him up training work, Jacob. That's worthless, buddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, poor blocker Jacob in here for four weeks, so play again.
Speaker 2: He isn't going a deal for next year, is he? What's he's going to do a big blocker? Not sure, mate, super.
Speaker 1: Potentially yeah, okay, Raiders Dragons. Boy's tough on a tip with the green machine.
Speaker 2: We watched the Dragons this year the Nights last week, mateka one win one win the Nights last week.
Speaker 1: I did watch them. Excuse and if Val brings his kicking boots.
Speaker 2: Raiders should win this.
Speaker 1: Widers have to win camera. Yeah, then finally Knights Tigers. Now this is a good game, good game man, so much online.
Speaker 2: For the West Tigers Tigers.
Speaker 1: Do we back do? Mm hmmm Newcastle for me?
Speaker 3: Newcastle pong the back Lucas back Yeah. So he gets from the problem with really is he tips. He tips on the basis of what he.
Speaker 1: Has said previously about this club, whether they're going to make top four, yeah, the top four or not. Injuries, cruelty each each week you've got to do one week at t Wow the ball turn? How many?
Speaker 2: Not many?
Speaker 1: What about playing for KP. You're watching this.
Speaker 2: Killer KP. Cutlets you will kill it, KPE. Let us know if you have your cutlets. Good question, crumbed or uncrumbed.
Speaker 1: Hey boys, you know code sports.
Speaker 2: We're all about no yes, no, yes, we tell it how it is read man, always commitment to the truth.
Speaker 1: So what we've got here is and thanks to everyone that has what are they emailing in writing in d M, in YouTube and commenting in carrying both signals carry a pigeon.
Speaker 2: Pigeon.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to kick it off with access question right. Max asked and maxes from Sydney. He says, the bunker could watch me order a coffee and still take five minutes to rule it a forward pass. He actually added, can I call BS on this?
Speaker 2: I'm saying this is this is BS because the bunker doesn't rulein forward passes. So let's let's start there. The whole premise.
Speaker 1: Let's not be cranky with that.
Speaker 2: Well, the whole premise is, well, Max, he's got it.
Speaker 1: The bunket doesn't relaxed.
Speaker 2: I'm calling BS on your Max.
Speaker 1: Sorry, buddyt that is BS, Max. I'm here to take care of you. Should the bunker be allowed to rule on forward passes? Oh?
Speaker 2: That that's a noise email.
Speaker 1: You just did a blurt. That was I don't know, I don't know. No, it shouldn't be because of the camera angles, camera to the listeners and viewers. Brady can do that well.
Speaker 2: Because how many times do we see people go that was a forward pass? When it's clearing on back is out of the hands the book because inertia it's physics, right, If you're running forward, Knys listen, you're running forward and he throws something backwards inertia. I believe it's inertia. We'll carry it forward. So I'll give the impressional forward pass. Even though it's not a forward pass. So that's why we cannot have the bunker ruling on forward and also were don't have the right camera.
Speaker 1: That's right, we don't have a camera running up and down every millimeter of the.
Speaker 2: How many forward passes?
Speaker 1: Seriously, for tries, I think we see heaps. Please, I think we said three.
Speaker 2: Or four year maybe three or four years tries for the lead to try? Its not in general play rubbish rubbish calling again bs B S.
Speaker 1: Three hands ployees?
Speaker 2: Have you seen my glasses?
Speaker 1: My life at the real Fan also from Sydney has written halves are being protected. Honestly Thurston and krank went their whole career is getting absolutely hammered and now you can't touch them. Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 3: So that's noes on that one. I think you know, if a player digs into the line, you're allowed to whack them.
Speaker 1: And not only that, it's the kick pressure, it's the kick pressure on I think there's a lot of confusion about what is forceful contact and what's what's normal pressure, Like you need to put pressure on plane kikers and kickers, no doubt, I think that's the way.
Speaker 2: I don't agree with that. I actually think it's quite clear.
Speaker 3: What you're allowed to a couple. We've seen you, but we've seen formal legitimate tackle that. I still think we've seen a couple that have been pal but obviously like it's click, can't make contact with the leg Agree, you can't be late. Agree, I agree with all that, But you're allowed to put forceful contact on people that are playing in the opposition.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree with the premise of what the real fen. I agree perhalves are protected species, that's true.
Speaker 3: But I think that what you guys are would you go through a phase where there was would you go through a phase where there was like dog shots right where you players have turned their back late and they'll get him whacked. We all know what that is and we don't want that right. But when they go dig into the line, the defender does have a right to have a shot at at a half. I've got no issue with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I listened Jason from Bow Desert.
Speaker 2: That's what way on your buddy.
Speaker 1: You live on the beaches, so my old way, he asks Queensland He asked, guys, I'm pretty sure we all agree that Penrith of the Premiership favorites whose second favorites. I can't split Warriors Dolphins, Roosters Warriors. It's absolutely the Roosters and if they don't make the Grandpa, I don't make the Grand Final. Inquiry inquiry with Dave.
Speaker 2: The Roosters are probably the second favorites given that roster.
Speaker 1: I'm coming from a place.
Speaker 2: Why they played last weekend, why they played their best. I think the rooster are second favorites. You know what, they're very close to favorites now, very close to Penrith. There's a struck match between them.
Speaker 1: I reckon, tell me your confidence. Why look at.
Speaker 2: Sammy Walker's an amazing origin series playing great football. The back line, stacked, stacked, forward packs elite. I don't think there's much between them. I'm with you, Dave.
Speaker 1: Good to see you finally send the light.
Speaker 2: There's a big gap between pen and there was earlier this year. I think it's closed. Penrith were very hot early in the year.
Speaker 1: I had Penrith preseason grand fall right, So I'll stick with that ump. And they've only franked my Frank the form with Frank, that's a racing Why I don't understand it at all of a steward. What glitering representative st No.
Speaker 2: I agree with you, Dave. I'm coming around.
Speaker 1: M h m m m
Speaker 3: M hm hm