Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome back to the Maths Funny Podcast with me Joshua Fox, aka the guy behind the Mass Funny account. I'm just going to dive straight into all the drama today, and there's been a lot of chat going around that Tim has been fired from his job as a teacher over his portrayal on the show. But as far as I'm told, this isn't true. But I have been told that he is out of work at the minute, But rather than getting fired or anything that dramatic, I've been told that simply his contract as a pe teacher at primary school just wasn't renewed. And although he may believe this is because of his involvement with Maths, the contract wasn't renewed prior to his episode therein on TV, so maybe the school were anticipating.
Speaker 2: A backlash yer or a controversy er. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Haven't been able to kind of get hold of Tim to back anything up. I confirm it, but the info I got was from someone kind of in teaching circles where he's from, and they've previously done a placement with him, so who knows. What I do know for certain, though, is he really has kind of gone to ground after deleting his socials and refusing to do any press for Channel nine. He's still fully ignoring any attempt at contact from the network, which, to be honest, is fair. Also, I kind of just want to say, as much as my heart breaks for Katie, and as much as he could have been so much nicer in how he treated her and worded things and responded to her, let's just remember that, like a week ago, this guy was just a random, unknown bloke going about his business, and now he's being called the most hated man in Australia. And I'm not defending him because I don't agree with you know, how he treated Katie.
Speaker 2: But I suppose I also.
Speaker 1: Don't want to use my voice in the maths community to fan those flames of hate. I don't know, Just like, imagine the impact it would have on your mental health, Like if that was you, and if you're one of the viewers that are watching him feel so strongly that you feel compelled to send him hate, maybe just stop yourself and use the energy to send Katie love instead.
Speaker 2: This time last year, I was actually.
Speaker 1: Involved in an incident with a very famous actor where I ended up being the victim of something, and I don't want to get into all that and google it if you can use. But an incident that lasted literally thirty seconds on a Saturday afternoon outside of pub ended up being leaked to a newspaper and then it was picked up by I'm not joking every publication in the world. Like I have close friends who live in nowhere and they were like, Josh, you you were just on the news here and everything was taken out of context. It was sensationalized. Sauces who weren't there were making shit up and just steering it further. I literally had news cruise chasing me down the street at one point, and I received so much hate and threts and anger from fans of this person who had no idea of the context that I honestly had this moment at one point of thinking, this is my life now, and if this is my life, what's the point in carry on living? Because like in the thick of that fucking media storm, I thought that would never end and there was no way out, and I was now just.
Speaker 2: This hated figure globally. But like it did.
Speaker 1: Pass and everyone moved on and now I kind of laugh about it. I suppose what I'm trying to say is I kind of know how Tim will be feeling right now, and it's a bizarre situation he's in. And again I don't condone how he's treated Katee and the things he said, but he's still just a person, so let's not forget that. In some happier news, though, for those wondering how Katie's dealing with everything, I'm told that although she's kind of a bit overwhelmed with everything right now, she is appreciating all of the support and the love, and he's just taking things day by day. And she's also found a friend in Loosing the Light from last season who's been helping her navigate this new fame She's got on kind of everything that's happening now. Moving on to other news today, Elliott and Lauren will indeed be returning to the Experiment in two weeks time, but with different matches. The experts bring both of them back as intruders, but in a bit of a twist, neither of them knew the other was also returning, like they thought they were the only one asked to come back, and they didn't realize until they both arrived at the same dinner party with the new hats, and apparently it then got very messy. Elliott is matched with Veronica, an actress from Sydney, and Lauren's match with Clint, a former pro golfer who lives in Tasmania. I would have asked Elliot about this yesterday, but I was kind of so unprepared for him actually wanting to stay on the phone and talk to me that I kind of just blanked out for a bit.
Speaker 2: I'm still kind of surprised of that.
Speaker 1: Yesterday while talking to Elliott, I low key for Oh, he isn't actually so bad.
Speaker 2: Like again, I don't agree with.
Speaker 1: Half the shit he said, but he kind of had a point with the fact he said he quit because he didn't want to string Lauren along just for the sake of staying on TV. A few of you have also messed me saying you hit a different side to him on that call as well. So now I suppose we just have to wait and see. Was he being real with me and we'll see this new funness side of his personality when he returns, or was he just faking it to me and we all fell for it. Time will tell before we move on. I also need to offer my first correction of the series. Yesterday, joined that chat with Elliott, I quoted to him that he was saying on the show he wanted his missive girl who respects the values of old fashioned housewives.
Speaker 2: Wait where did you read that?
Speaker 1: And I said, I read that on his Channel nine bio. But I've looked into that again because I was trying to find the audio to play in the podcast, and it turns out I was reading that from an article on Pedestrian where they kind of recapped the first episode, and it seems they kind of just made that quote up because I can't find it literally anywhere else. And this may sound like a stupid correction, but I don't know. I just want to be as accurate as I can on here rather than like fake news. And Elliott has said some dumb shit, But yeah, it turns out he never said that submissive thing. And now, in this year's most random drama and going back to Lauren, ali over at Daily Mail Australia came through with the funniest feud of the season. In an article yesterday, he did an interview with Lauren's best mate Nicholas, that guy who was part of a bridal party and MC at her wedding to Elliott and oldmate Nicholas has come out and said how after filming the wedding, Lauren then just blocked him on every despite them having been made for eighteen years. And if you struggling to remember who I'm talking about, I'm just going to say he was the gay looking guy. And I can say that too because I'm gay, and I assume he is going sorely off his eyebrowsing the episode anyway. Yet, take a listen to him speaking to the Daily Mail last night and.
Speaker 3: You'd think that after eighteen years of friendship, you'd communicate with me that there's an issue.
Speaker 2: So I just, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It really shocks me that this experiment has, you know, been such a tidal wave of emotions for everybody, And like, I didn't sign up for this, so I went to support her as a friend. I brought my own business and I just find it really shocking that we wouldn't be able to have that conversation. And it's been brought to my attention that like she's just blocked.
Speaker 1: Me on everything, when literally, when did anyone ask mate?
Speaker 2: And then he just kept going and going and going.
Speaker 3: So many people will say I'm biggest supporter, but she's never actually reciprocated that with me. I've helped to move house, I have supported her business by buying multiple products continually over the years from my business from her, and she's never supported me. And she's just sold a house for someone else. I'm also in real estate. She didn't give me the opportunity. She's never really respected me in that regard, and that's it's really hurtful. It's hurtful when I think it's like, I don't know if she will come to my wedding.
Speaker 1: Daily Mail wrote in the ratical how despite his disappointment, Nicholas insists he isn't angry, just hurt and embarrassed by how things have unfolded again when but this is why I love to circus around in maths like a wedding guest. I'd already forgotten after a two minute cameo three days ago. Now sitting down doing a full length interview with one of the biggest websites in the country, like it's it's just ridiculous but also very entertaining, moving on once again. I can't believe I'm going to say this now. But remember Harrison Boone from a few seasons ago, the one everyone kind of hated because he was a massive misogynist and toxic masculin anything and all that and people do.
Speaker 2: Still hate him.
Speaker 1: Well, he popped up on my feed last night with a surprisingly funny video.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to tell you what it's just kind of take a listen.
Speaker 4: I see a lot of posts in the media about the new season of Maths, but I'd like to take this opportunity to once again make it all about us. That's right, the ex Maths participants. What you don't realize is we desperately need that attention. Without it, some of us would have to contribute to society and maybe even get a real.
Speaker 2: Get a real job.
Speaker 4: Please reach out to a previous Maths participant like and share one of their posts. For every like you give, you could save a life.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Like that is actually and funny, and I don't remember him ever being funny. So worldn Harrison, there, you've made it onto my podcast. Oh and before I go, I'd also like to just thank everyone who supported the podcast so far. There's been a couple of shit comments like just stick to making memes. What he used to do and stuff like that, and they kind of frustrate me because I don't know, I feel like I got over making memes years ago, and if I stayed just doing the memes, then I probably would have deleted my page a long time ago. As Maths Funny as grown over the years, I like finding new ways to create content and have fun and also keep myself kind of motivating and wanting to do it because it is just a hobby I do in my spare time. And the whole reason I started the page six years ago is because I just like making dumb shit for people to enjoy. And my idea for this podcast was, like I don't know, I wanted to almost create like an unofficial spin off show to the actual TV show, something where I can just have a laugh and keep the drama and banter going while answering all of the questions you guys have after each episode ends. And I'm not forcing anyone to listen. I'm not forcing anyone to keep following that's funny if they don't vibe with it anymore. Like I've never cared about the amount of followers or any of that clout. It just pisces me off when people tell me like just do this or just do that, as if my page is a public service and they're entitled to tell me what to do with my spare time. As I said, I like creating content and having fun and doing this pod. To me, it's making the page feel exciting again because it's it's a whole new world for me, and I'm learning as I go, Like even yesterday I was figuring out how to record a phone call, which sounds stupid, but like, I don't know, I'm just learning new things and not to get like SAPPI or vulnerable or whatever.
Speaker 2: But like it.
Speaker 1: Also annoys me when people say that because and this is gonna sound dumb, but like you long term followers who have followed Matt twenty from the start, or remember.
Speaker 2: The first two years, I never said who I was.
Speaker 1: I was completely anonymous, and that was like partially due to a confidence thing because I thought, no one's going to care.
Speaker 2: They'll just some follow you if they know it's you behind it.
Speaker 1: And then as I kind of slowly start in trying new ideas like crashing weddings, which naturally had me in the in a bit more than a bit more, and I saw that people were enjoying it, I was like, ah, nice, Like maybe I am enough and I don't need to hide away and all this. So now when people are like just go back to doing memes, like, I have a moment where it's like, oh.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe I've always been right and I'm not enough for it.
Speaker 1: I'm not good enough, and people just want me to go back to hiding in the shadows, like don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: This is maybe a chat for me and my therapist, but yeah, i'd suppose. I'm just trying to say thank you for the people who are giving this podcast a chance and supporting, get sharing, get commenting, doing the rating thing which apparently helps, like it actually does mean a lot, And as I said, I'm very much enjoying doing this so far. Anyway, that's so for now, So thank you for listening.