Speaker 1: But I to use that room in that bed as my wrestling bedrace to wrestle my teddies on there.
Speaker 2: That's really sweet. I'm surprised you admitted that to the podcast.
Speaker 1: But here we have Well, I went on to become a wrestler, so that was just me training as a kid.
Speaker 2: Where's Your Head At?
Speaker 3: Is a podcast that talks all things right. Hold on a sec, let's give this a refresh. Hi.
Speaker 1: I'm Anna and I'm Matt and we are now too newlywed not to each other. Just a female and male best friend here for the good, the bad, and the ugly times.
Speaker 3: And exploring adulthood, family relationships, dilemmas.
Speaker 1: And whatever else we have the mental capacity to deal with.
Speaker 2: Come get the lowdown.
Speaker 1: This is your male and female perspective.
Speaker 3: So, Matt, Where's your Head At?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Anna, Good morning. I'm actually being listening to Matthew McConaughey's audiobook Greenlight.
Speaker 2: And did he say that on it?
Speaker 1: Not yet? Not yet. He hasn't said it yet. He's just talking about like his childhood and growing up. It's pretty interesting so far.
Speaker 2: You're on the audiobook train at the moment, Yes, I am, so.
Speaker 1: I'm still reading my goosebumps to everyone out there. So I'm reading that when I can, But when I can listen to audiobooks, I'm listening to them. The more how do I put this, more I don't want to say, like harder ones, but the more you know, in depth ones. Plus I'm listening to Matthew McConaughey. Can I complain with that? No?
Speaker 2: Is it his voice?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, it's him talking. Yeah, very he is a fun fact on this podcast. His mum and dad got married and divorced three times to themselves.
Speaker 3: That's wild. That's what you call a love hate relationship.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, he tells some stories about how they hate each other and how they loved each other. It just seemed really intense their relationship.
Speaker 2: Toxic, toxic love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there were some toxic stories in there. But it's good, Like I'm still on Like he's not even graduated school yet. That's the start of his life story. But it gives some good inspirational not quotes, but like stories and like ways of looking at things.
Speaker 2: So something you'd recommend listening to.
Speaker 1: Definitely definitely recommend to people. I've bought some other ones on the app as well. Some more that relationship ones because I wanted to listen to them to bring them into the podcast. So there was one like I could go through. But I'll post them on their Facebook page for everyone to listen to when I'm done with them, and what I recommend sounds good.
Speaker 3: I'm just sitting here eating a blueberry muffin, minding my own business.
Speaker 2: You can have some.
Speaker 3: Actually, it's quite big breakfast. And I'm mentioning that because I got mum shamed for the first time ever already because I wasn't eating carrots and cucumbers right. So, basically, on TikTok, I posted a video saying that one of my pregnancy craby was eating hash browns. Obviously, I'm not having hundreds of hash browns, but if I'm passing McDonald's, I'll be like, oh yeah, let's get me a hash.
Speaker 2: Brown in a water. Anyway, this is the McDonald's hash brown They are good, aren't they.
Speaker 3: And I feel like when you're pregnant, not in the first timemester, only recently I've found this things taste.
Speaker 1: Better really to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and hash browns taste better, fruits taste better.
Speaker 1: Because all your senses are heightened.
Speaker 3: I don't know maybe maybe anyway, So I posted this video, was like, my craving is a hash brown blah blah blah. It's like lighthearted, it's a joke. It's not a joke, it is my craving. But like, yeah, you mean anyway, I get a comment from a girl and she says, I can't relate. I would never put McDonald's in my body in general, let alone whilst I'm pregnant. Very mum shamy vibes, and honestly, I I've never been mum shamed. So I saw the comment and I was just like, whatever, like you do you? The comment also went on to read, I'm thirty weeks and I've had no cravings because I've been in a calorie surplus the whole time.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: So she's basically, obviously is someone who tracks their calories. So like, let's just say you want to eat sixteen hundred calories in a day, she's eating more than that, and she believes that that has stopped her from getting sick whilst pregnant. Anyway, I was not expecting the amount of mothers, mums, mums to be that came to my defense. Really, so many women were so furious essentially, And I realized in that moment that you did not fuck with mums because they are not having it.
Speaker 1: So did they stick up for you and say that you can't eat McDonald's? Is there anything?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Scientific eating McDonald's.
Speaker 3: World, And like the thing is is, obviously the person who's made this comment is having a really good pregnancy, Like.
Speaker 2: They're not sick.
Speaker 3: She can eat a certain amount of calories, she's obviously tracking her calories. I don't track any of my food intake, calories anything like that. I just kind of eat what I feel like or what my body's craving.
Speaker 2: But generally I eat quite healthy.
Speaker 3: But yeah, if I want to get a hash brown, I'm going to go get a hash brown. But yeah, I think it was just it's good to remind ourselves that not everyone has the same experience. So my pregnancy journey is not like her pregnancy journey. Like I'm if I'm not taking it on dan Zatron to stop me from having my head in.
Speaker 2: The toilet all day, Yeah right, Like I'm.
Speaker 3: Not living my life. So she it's good for her that she can do that, but for me, that's not possible.
Speaker 2: And for a lot of people. It's not possible, and.
Speaker 1: She shouldn't pass judgment on you because you crave a hash bran.
Speaker 3: I think that's like, how ridiculous even to say it out loud. Well, I so still to be like, I would, you know, to make someone feel guilty about that. I think it's hard enough to carry a baby, and you know all of the body changes and the highs and lows emotionally, all of the hormones spiking, you know, the sciatica pain. I could go on all of the different aches and pain throughout the body. I think if someone wants to eat a hash brown, let them live their life and just focus on yourself.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I feel like twenty twenty five, mum shaming is out.
Speaker 1: It's not a thing.
Speaker 2: It's not a thing. We're not doing it. I'm not going to put up with it.
Speaker 3: So if anyone feels like mum shaming me again, I will be calling it out because I'm not having it.
Speaker 1: On the whole eating McDonald's thing. I saw a real or a TikTok I told you this about a motivational speaker. Yeah, and he was saying, what does Usain Bolts eat? Two weeks leading up to his race. Yeah, and he said he eats McDonald's. Really, he said he eat to take McDonald's chicken like nuggets and that because he gets the ride around of protein from it and the ride around of calories and all that. But it won't make him sick because McDonald's is the most like policed and governed thing around the world that it's like, won't make you sick. Really, I don't know find that vide. I shouldn't go on this podcast saying shit that I've seen half watched in a TikTok hole, but that's what he said.
Speaker 2: Be fair. I've never got sick from McDonalds.
Speaker 3: I have got sick from Subway though I was eating Subway through my pregnancy.
Speaker 1: But I'm having it for lunch. I'm gonna have it for lunch.
Speaker 2: You should eat it for lunch.
Speaker 1: I'm craving it now.
Speaker 2: You should edit it for lunch.
Speaker 3: Okay, mat, we have to talk about Katie and Tim from Married at First Sight?
Speaker 1: Yes, but before we go any further, I would like to just have a PSA. I have not started watching maths.
Speaker 3: Maybe a formal apology to everyone?
Speaker 1: Did I promise We'll have to roll back the tape I think he did.
Speaker 2: He said you were going to do it.
Speaker 1: Sorry, guys, I'm sorry life got in the way where we're in the middle of severance. If anyone's been watching that very good TV show, we're watching that and just yeah, life got in the way. And I mean, I do enjoy watching Maths, but so hopefully maybe I'll get to give it another go later.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm going to tell you about this couple, O Katie and Tim. They look like a really well matched pair. I'm going to show you a photo of them, and you can tell me what your thoughts are just from looks wise alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from looks alone.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, they look like a well matched couple. You would say, yes with no information.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they look like my parents, my mate's parents. Okay, you go around to mate's house.
Speaker 3: Anyway, This guy Tim, he goes to the Bucks party and he gives this whole spiel about he's the nicest guy ever and he gets really hurt by.
Speaker 2: Women and like, what was me?
Speaker 3: And it's like a bit of a pity party, sympathy vote type of card.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Katie walks down the aisle, looks like everything's going well. And then after the wedding, He's like, she's not my type.
Speaker 2: I'm not into her.
Speaker 3: Previously he said he doesn't have a type. Now night Skuy, Tim has a type. He likes short blondes or brunettes, which is really mean because the only other thing is redhead.
Speaker 1: And yeah, my mom is still telling me about this briefly. Apparently it's petite blonds or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, apparently he likes petite blondes. He is bigger than her, so technically she's petite.
Speaker 2: Let's be real, you know, like, let's be real. Tim.
Speaker 3: I just hate how he's making her feel. And I think, you know, when you watch Married at First Sight and there's a few people there and you're like they really need to find love, Like the pressure is on for the producers, like they need to make this work. There's a part of me that just thinks, did they do their due diligence with this guy?
Speaker 2: Because just saying you're a nice guy, I mean sometimes when someone.
Speaker 3: Says they're a nice guy, it actually means the opposite. It's like when you claim to be something, like you just need to show people that you're a nice guy. You're not claim the nice guy anyway. He's basically completely rejected her, is giving her nothing.
Speaker 2: It's really heartbreaking to watch.
Speaker 1: Is it like they're in the same hotel room and it's like really awkward.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So after the after the wedding, she was like, do we go on the honeymoon? Then if you're not that into me, they've gone. So I'm assuming he said yes and he's just giving her nothing honeymoon somewhere cold and miserable, which was like pretty much, yeah, I know this isn't in Finland.
Speaker 2: It's somewhere in Australia cold. I think it just looks like a negative experience.
Speaker 3: Okay, And yeah, I'm really feeling for Katie because this thing that pisses me off the most is he's acting like he's way better than her and he can do way better than her, and it's like you can't.
Speaker 1: Apparently a lot of the comments were rinsing him, being like you can't do better.
Speaker 3: Blonde here, Yeah, and like if you're missed a nice guy, then just give it a go, see how it, see how it unfolds. Like, obviously I would never go on married at First Sight number one because I'm married, but.
Speaker 2: Also because.
Speaker 3: You know, if you have a specific type. Yeah, but I can choose out of multiple people, Like, I'm not just gonna have someone.
Speaker 1: Did you.
Speaker 2: Almost fell off my chair?
Speaker 1: True?
Speaker 3: But like you know what I'm saying, Like I wouldn't have someone pick one person for me if I wasn't going to give it a go. So the fact that he's signed up to this experiment, agreed to give it a go, put it out there. I don't have a type, And now all of a sudden someone's walked down the aisle. Who he's like, that's not for me, Like, come on, dude, I get it that you don't just want to be matched up with someone, but you have to give it a go if you're there, that's my opinion.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let me know how it goes. I might tune in, and I might, but well, I'm not promising anything because don't want to let people down.
Speaker 2: I'm not, well, you already let us down. That that's real.
Speaker 1: At what point I don't know. Yeah, I don't like reality t there, you know that.
Speaker 3: But it's so good because it's interesting seeing people's interactions, even for your own relationship to be like interesting how they interact.
Speaker 1: Okay, tal Tammy, if she puts it on, I'll watch it I'll text her right now, yeah, because I'm not going to go put it on.
Speaker 3: So, Matt, you are in Melbourne at the moment. You've been here for a week. It's been Actually i'm gonna say nice having you. This is like the second time I've seen you. So it's been nice or not that nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been I've been down yet, been down in Melbourne for the week. I'm helping my old man out with some work. He's helping him organize an expo for him. But that's funny because the last time I was down in Melbourne for more than a day, let's say without my wife, man, the internet loses their mind, don't there's articles specifically the media. Yeah, I was going to say all of them lose their mind. They think we've gotten divorced or breaking up her on the rocks, they going this huge and it's it's like when I see it or get it sent to me, I'm just like, what is going through people's minds to like get that narrative and like like we're married, happily married. I can come down and work and stay in Melbourne like I've got you know, obviously friends here work here, so like I stay here. There's nothing wrong with that. And she, my wife, grows up and sees the kids, takes them to school and all that.
Speaker 3: You have the Expo every single year you have done since I've known you, So it's not like a shock that you are here this week.
Speaker 2: But yeah, obviously people see that you guys are.
Speaker 3: In different states and I'm not going to say freak out, but they're like, oh, what's going on there?
Speaker 2: Like what's happening? So yeah, it's to clear it up, guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, it's just more than anything, you just got to laugh about it and just be like, real, this's what it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, you guys are from different states as well.
Speaker 1: This is true.
Speaker 2: Let's not forget and Tammy.
Speaker 3: As much as she would love to, like she said it before, she would love to be with you here in Melbourne, she has responsibilities on the Gold Coast.
Speaker 1: She can't just she has kids, she.
Speaker 3: Exactly, she has the three kids, she has two businesses, she has her whole family there.
Speaker 1: So you know, we FaceTime every night, we literally all day every day pretty much. But like you know, it's nothing, nothing wrong with it. Good And it's like a double edged sword because you said that she's got to go up for her responsibilities. But then when she comes down to Melbourne, they lose their minds as well, and they're all like, why is she there? Why isn't she with the kids. She's like running off with Matthew and all this sort.
Speaker 2: Of stuff, and really it's like, so you can't win.
Speaker 1: You can't win, you can't win. It's just yeah, it's just funny.
Speaker 3: So would you say you guys are sleeping in separate beds at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yes, we are. Let's get into the endzde. So just for everyone, Tammy and I are only sleeping in separate beds because we're in different states at the moment. Correct, Christ We still FaceTime each other from the bed and Acquack we're doing pillow talk, but we are in separate beds because they're in different states.
Speaker 3: Okay, mat So, now that we have clued all of that up, we thought that we would do an episode on sleeping in separate beds or how you sleep with your partner. There's lots of interesting facts on this. And actually, since getting pregnant, I found it really hard to get to sleep, stay asleep, whatever. So Michael and I have been doing this new thing. And it turns out it's an actual method. It's called the Scandinavian sleep method, and it basically is when couples are sharing a bed, but they each have their own separate douvet or sheet or whatever. So basically Michael is sleeping with the douvet and I'm sleeping with a sheet because I'm running really.
Speaker 2: Hot at the moment. And yeah, it's just working well for us.
Speaker 1: Well on that this this actually clears up something with me. When we were on our honeymoon Finland, the master bed had to douner covers like rolled up every time they would like clean.
Speaker 2: The roads were bed ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they were like on each side of the bed, and I was just say, I never understood why. I didn't ask anyone what. I was just like, I don't know. It's part of their culture. I guess. I'm not sure why they do this, but I guess it's because of that Caandinavian sleeping method. I guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's popular in the Scandinavian country. It's like Sweden, Norway and Denmark. So that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Well, black lean's right neardy, yeah, right at the top there, So that makes sense that that cles on that well, we wouldn't use one each.
Speaker 2: We've just put it at half of one each.
Speaker 1: No, Like we're just like to, well, how mean you did say? Because when we were there, She's like, I don't want to sleep on a separate thing. I want to be like entwined and you so like we yeah, title anyway, so you can just use the one.
Speaker 2: That's the thing I reckon.
Speaker 3: Although we are sleeping in the same bed but with different sheets, it does kind of feel a little bit disconnected.
Speaker 1: It would, I feel like because you're.
Speaker 3: Not like cuddling, You're not touching at all, not really, because like Michael's got the full dinner and I'm kind of wrapped up in the sheet.
Speaker 1: Okay, but yeah.
Speaker 3: In the mornings, obviously we cuddle, and before bed we cuddle, but then during the night we separated.
Speaker 1: Do you turn around or do your face.
Speaker 2: I'm moving every five seconds.
Speaker 1: You know. It's funny you say that, because I've had that problem over the years a lot where I run hot in bed and partners run cold.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So have you spoken about this a lot?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I have. Yeah, So I've done that method before, but it wasn't that deep. Is that, like, do you know what I mean it was just like I would sort of have a sheet on and like half cuddle or something, but like it was never like an actual like talked about dress issue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, well, being pregnant, I can't even sleep on my back anymore. Like I think it's at twenty eight weeks, you have to be sleeping on one side or the other side. Like you can't sleep on your back, so I'm constantly moving from like side to side.
Speaker 1: I always said psychopaths fall asleep on their back.
Speaker 2: I love sleeping on my back.
Speaker 1: Apparently I love it.
Speaker 2: I miss it.
Speaker 1: I fall asleep on your back, though.
Speaker 2: I think so. I don't know, but I love sleeping on my back.
Speaker 3: And the fact, you know when it's like someone says to you can't do something, and then all of a sudden, it makes you want to do it more.
Speaker 1: So you're sleeping back. Apparently I sleep on my back, but I couldn't fall asleep on my back after on fall. You're on your side on my stomach.
Speaker 3: Like I never minded side sleeping until it was the only thing I could do now, And like off it.
Speaker 1: Do you cuddle a pillow between you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got pregnancy pillows, so I fully am cuddling. It's like, I'm Michael has been replaced with the pregnancy pillow this out. But I mean, there are some pros to the Scandinavian sleep method, so obviously you do get a better quality sleep because your partner, Like if your partner is snoring or moving or has different sleeping habits you, it can actually disturb you in the night. I'm personally gonna say that Michael does not disturb me in the night. But do you think Tammy disturbs you?
Speaker 1: No, I don't like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or like if they do, like you wouldn't even really notice it. But if you's just definitely separate, you are going to technically have a better quality sleep.
Speaker 2: There's more space. It's like back back back.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that I've obviously been this week away in Melbourne, I've been sleeping in a separate bed. I feel like I've been getting worse night sleeps because I'm not used to sleeping by myself.
Speaker 3: I've always said this, I get a much better night sleep when I'm sleeping in the same bed as my partner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I'm used to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Like when I was single, I was not sleeping well, I was having sleepless nights.
Speaker 1: Well, you're used to it at that point, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I never had like the best nights of sleep, especially when I lived by myself. I think I was I just wasn't sleeping well. But this is talking about you're sleeping in the same bed as a partner. You just might not be touching, so you're on like you have separate covers basically, yeah, so you would have more space then because you're at different ends of the bed. It also says that you can have an improved relationship. So some couples find that the separation actually strengthens their relationship. But Matt's like looking at me, like, I don't know about this. I agree there are a lot of cons y, a lack of intimacy obviously, because if you're not entangled in your partner. Also, like I feel like you'd have less sex. Yeah, I definitely had less sex. I mean I think we've had less sex than moving pregnant.
Speaker 1: Why. I think cuddling in bed is like one of the main and.
Speaker 2: Then you could like potentially it could lead to sex.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's initiate sex. A lot of the time because you're like, you know, there's a couple of pokes here and there, a couple of strokes, you.
Speaker 4: Know, folks and strokes. Yeah, folks and strokes. You're like tickling like a backticle. Yeah, kisses, Okay.
Speaker 1: A couple of neck like kisses.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it cuddling leads to sex, so I could see how lot totally.
Speaker 3: So obviously lack of intimacy, less sex. Then there's also miscommunication or distance in the relationship, so that could create emotional distance if not managed well. And I actually said to Michael and he hates it when I say this to him, I was like, I feel disconnected to you one morning when we woke up and we weren't cuddling in the morning.
Speaker 1: I can see that's that could feel what's the word disconnected? Yeah, because you cuddle and wake up in the same bed for connected, Yeah, I can say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: Also question, how many couples do you think sleep in separate beds in Australia.
Speaker 1: So completely separate beds. Yeah, I think it's more common than we.
Speaker 3: Reckon how many if you had to say a percentage, thirty thirty percent?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, so of couples, that's.
Speaker 1: So close, but that's still high than I thought. Yeah, I would, like, you know, you're in a couple, you sleep in the same bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So according to a twenty seventeen survey by the Sleep Health Foundation, they said that eighty percent of couples report to sharing.
Speaker 2: The same bed.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: So yeah, not ideal if you're the twenty percent. But I'm sure there's a reason. What do you think some of those reasons could be.
Speaker 1: Matt, Well, I've always said that if like in an iron or if we have a row, I'm made to sleep in a separate bed or go sleep on the couch, I am not coming back to the bed that's being done. That's very sleep now.
Speaker 3: So you're making it a boundary. You're not getting kicked out.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to kicked out of that. And I understand that like some people are, like you know, in arguments and relationships, go go sleep on the couch. Yeah, but that's my fucking bed. That's my place. Like, I'm not getting kicked out and he kicked out of my own bed.
Speaker 3: Michael has never been kicked out of the bed because he's a sweet angel of a husband. Yeah, but I can't say the same.
Speaker 1: They spent a lot of time on the couch.
Speaker 2: I spent a lot of time on the couch. Some of them actually probably liked the couch in.
Speaker 1: The end, Well, that's where they slept every night. I've just said, I've honestly said, I'm not I'm not if I go to the couch, I'm never coming back in the bed.
Speaker 2: That's my Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I think you have to understand some of the reasoning behind and why someone would get kicked out onto the couch.
Speaker 1: Well, I know, I know that my old man slept in the spare room for a long time with their relationship, my mum and dad's relationship, because he was getting up at dawn's crack and going to going to work, and like she didn't want him to wake up the whole to the house, so he was down stairs on the other end really, so yeah, he could just get up and go.
Speaker 2: And was that like the end of their marriage.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think there was other factors to it.
Speaker 2: I think I was saying it was towards it was towards the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they're probably saying to us as kids, this is because he doesn't want to wake up. But I to use that room in that bed as my wrestling Bedroce to wrestle my teddies on there.
Speaker 2: That's really sweet. I'm surprised you admitted that to the podcast, but here we have.
Speaker 1: Well, I went on to become a wrestler, so that was just me training as a kid.
Speaker 3: I think some other factors that could influence people not wanting to be in the same bedroom is snoring. My dad is a very big snorer, but recently was diagnosed with sleep apnea and now has I don't know if you've seen these, but the sleep out of paratus.
Speaker 1: Are they louder than snoring?
Speaker 3: Okay, it's like funny because you like an elephant kind.
Speaker 1: The only thing that reminds me of is I don't know if you remember this. Maybe our millennial listeners will remember. Do you remember the episode of The Simpsons when Arnie Zip tries to seduce Marge and then at the end, Homer's got the mask on and it's like, I am watching you through you. If you don't know, then you don't know. But I'm sure people are listening at home would remember it. Well.
Speaker 3: Forty four percent of couples cited snoring as a major factor influencing their decision to sleep apart.
Speaker 2: So it's actually pretty.
Speaker 1: High, is Michael snare? No, do you snore when.
Speaker 2: I'm drunk right, which you haven't been for a while.
Speaker 1: Apparently I'm a snorer.
Speaker 2: But the thing is is, like, how would you know?
Speaker 1: I've been told people say.
Speaker 3: Imagine if imagine if someone like pretended that you were this like huge snorer and it was really disrupting this sleep You actually don't make a peep.
Speaker 1: Well, I remember, I remember this is where we had you remember when you go when you're a kid and you go on those like outward bound camps, those those real rough at camps in like that year level in school. I remember when we're filling out the form. I was sleeping in one of the downstairs with the downstairs room at that point, and my mum was like feeling it out and it was like sleep walking. And she was like, well, I don't know if you sleep walk or not, Like I don't, I don't know. You could be just I could think you're just like hear noises. I could you think you're doing something else? So she said yes to sleep walking. So the leader of our the leader of our camp group made me which was the best spot was in the middle of our you know, the makeshift tense and all my mates are so pissed off. They're like, you don't sleep walk, blah blah blah, and I was like, well, my mom thinks I do. So I got like the best The best position was in the middle because you don't want to be on the outside because you're in the middle of the snowy mountains. You don't know what's going to get you. You know, there could be lions, tigers, and bears. So I had the best position the whole time. Thank you to thank you for that much.
Speaker 2: That's hilarious.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you know, like you don't know, you got to go off for other people say, because you don't know if you sleep walking or story.
Speaker 3: Totally absolutely, and I think, you know, it's funny, like it kind of just like brought me back to step Brothers.
Speaker 1: Literally was thinking that as well, but was like, I don't want to keep the story going for too long. But I remember, yes, and they're.
Speaker 2: Like putting like the handbag in the oven and all of that stuff, and fuddy.
Speaker 1: Another factor for sleeping in separate beds could be the same as what my parents told me as a kid is Yeah, it's different sleeping schedules. So obviously my old man would get up, like I said, at dawnt and just so he didn't wake up the whole family, and Emma was a young baby then, so he would just leave.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have a friend as well who her and her partner are literally like ships in the night. Like he is a trade is up at five am, gets home at three. She's leaving the house because she's an actress at two pm and getting home at one am in the morning.
Speaker 1: My sister and her fiance have sort of the same setup at the moment when she's a night shift.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you just need that cuddle time because that's the only time you get.
Speaker 2: To see them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, no, they sometimes they don't cross beds. Really are you saying they don't They won't see each.
Speaker 2: Other because they have like a few hours in bed together.
Speaker 1: Oh really? Okay, Okay, No they don't. They wouldn't cross pass in bed.
Speaker 3: Have you ever had times in your life where you're quite stressed out, things aren't like really going the way you want it to, and you are having really bad night sleeps. Because I can pinpoint when I'm feeling stressed because my sleep goes so downhill so quickly.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to lie to you, Anna, And this is I might be very lucky in this. I I don't need to wink of sleep. If I go to sleep, I go to sleep. I need wink of sleep.
Speaker 3: So you wouldn't wake up in the middle of the night and be anxious about anything.
Speaker 1: Well, probably the last time I did that was maybe like years ago. I haven't done that for a long time. No, you will be a good life, Yeah I am.
Speaker 2: I think that you'd be a bit more stressed than that.
Speaker 4: I am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm stressed. But when I want to go to sleep, I want to go to sleep. There's nothing getting in between me.
Speaker 2: Nothing's getting in between me and my sleep.
Speaker 3: No, I mean I, like I've said before, I can sleep on a plane.
Speaker 2: Like that, like so easy. But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think when I'm going through a stressful period in my life, I will have sleepless nights.
Speaker 1: So would you say, then if you're sleeping with Michael, that would take away that stress.
Speaker 3: It can, Like they say a seven second hug can relieve stress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do.
Speaker 3: They say that men who have I don't know, what is it like a fourteen second kiss, make out, kiss before work, live longer, like you know, having a partner. There's all of this good stuff that comes with specifically for men.
Speaker 2: I feel like, because.
Speaker 1: Men, we're doing the studies to try to get more from our partners. You're what they do that we're making up the stats so we can get longer kisses more.
Speaker 3: Probably, but according to a sleep counsel study in twenty seventeen, almost a third of us are getting a poor night's sleep, and forty five percent said the reason for that was stress and worry. So you are in the fifty five percent of lucky people who don't don't wake up with stressed and then obviously twenty five percent was partner disturbances.
Speaker 1: So well, Tammy gets up apparently multiple times, I'm saying apparently, like I'm not saying she's lying, like sometimes I've seen her, but like I don't know, I sleep straight through it. She gets up and goes to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: For the toilet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, multiple times in the night, and I don't wake up. I sometimes have like you know, tossed over. She's hear it, well, I've just gone to roll over and she's not there, and I'm like, what the fuk is on? And I see you, like at the bathroom light on, but like I've never like never wakes me up. Yeah, I sleep through all that.
Speaker 2: But I'm reading I'm so annoying with that.
Speaker 1: I a smug look on my face. Ad, Yeah, you're so.
Speaker 2: Proud as well.
Speaker 3: Not like I've been having a good night sleep as well, like obviously pregnant.
Speaker 2: It makes things a little bit more challenging.
Speaker 3: I have been getting up once a night to go WI, which is not ideal because my sleep being disturbed.
Speaker 1: But then again, if I wake up in the middle of the night. We had literally this conversation the other day. If I got up and if I wake up for some reason in the middle of the night, I only go for like to the toilet for a piss. I will not get out of bed.
Speaker 3: What you just will put yourself back to sleep. Yeah, I've been trying to do that. I'm trying to put myself.
Speaker 1: I just fall back straight back asleep. A couple of houses I've lived in, like I remember my one of the ones when I lived in before the remember the bathrooms on the other side of the.
Speaker 2: Hand, and that the floor was creaky.
Speaker 1: It was like a haunted house from that, and I was like, there's no way I'm getting out of bed and walking all like naked on the cold house. Yeah it was a cold house. Yeah, I'm not putting like, you know, shorts on to walk all the way down the house. My rooms don't seeming naked Like. Am I comfortable that? So I just fall back asleep. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I have been trying to put myself back to sleep.
Speaker 3: But I mean the thing is is I'm saying that I don't like my sleep disturbed. I'm five months pregnant, so you know sleep is about to be extremely disturbed disturbed.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So well, I mean I'm sure we'll talk about that. At the time, I've probably been a foul mood, I reckon.
Speaker 3: The worst mood that I was ever in was when Michael and I were flying from Europe, I think it was Rome back to Melbourne and we had a long flight and I pushed myself to stay awake the whole flight. We got to Dubai Airport and the flight was delayed by six hours and I hadn't slept the whole time, even though I really wanted to, and I was so exhausted, and I just remember being in the filthiest mood I've ever been in in my life. I was so pissed off and Michael just I felt bad for him. We still talk about that flight to this day because I was just so filthy, because I just needed to sleep.
Speaker 2: You know, when you were just so exhausted and like your eyes.
Speaker 3: Are closing that you need to sleep, Like I just needed to sleep.
Speaker 1: Lay it down on something or chairs because I've any Singapore.
Speaker 3: It was like pretty full at the time, and everyone's flights we're getting delayed, so it was like packed, so there was nowhere to go over.
Speaker 1: The last time I was in Dubai, it was so hot at the airport as well, and I'd come from Melbourne, so I had like, you know the track he's on and a jumper and I'm just being like sweaty ass, I'm.
Speaker 2: So ready to travel.
Speaker 3: Even just talking about yeah, okay, Matt, whether you're having a good night sleep, a bad night's sleep, or somewhere in the middle and just maybe.
Speaker 2: Getting up for a week in the middle of the night.
Speaker 3: We want to clarify you and Tammy are still sleeping in the same bed. Me and Michael are still sleeping in the same bed, although we are doing this Scandinavian sleep method.
Speaker 1: Yes, the title is we are sleeping in separate beds. That was a pure clickbait guys. Sorry for that. Sorry, but that's yeah, we're sleeping in the same bed. I'm just out of town at the moment.
Speaker 3: Also, if you are loving our podcast, we have done a bit of a shake up. Please give us a five our review. It would mean the absolute world to us. We do have some Where's your Head at Teas, So if you do leave us a review, send us a DM and we'll pick.
Speaker 1: Some people, some lucky winners, and we'll send them out of top.
Speaker 2: Where's your Head at Tea for the win. Okay, Matt, that's all we have time for.
Speaker 3: Have a great day everyone, and until next time, Sai