Speaker 1: Live on Sky News Australia.
Speaker 2: This is to Nika de Georgio.
Speaker 3: Hello and welcome to the show. Coming up tonight. Israel's government approves Donald Trump's peace plan. Finally, the President says, the surviving twenty Israeli hostages will be released back into the arms of loved ones on Monday or Tuesday. Anthony Abnezi and Penny One caught out on the wrong side of history. Thankfully, Israel ignored their repeated calls for restraint and de escalation. Plus, I asked the sex discrimination Commissioner to come on the show tonight and explain why she does not know the difference between a man and a woman gets She declined. I'll catch up with Liberal Senator Claire Chandler shortly for first tonight. It's really happening. After two years, the surviving twenty Israeli hostages are expected to be released back into the arms of loved ones in days thanks to the historic Gaza piece Steel by Donald Trump. The front page of Today's Jerusalem Post sums up the mood. He's bringing them home is the headline day in day out. Since October seven, twenty twenty three, we have seen horrific vision coming out of the Middle East as this war started by Hamas raged on. But now finally there is hope. The Israeli government has in the last few hours approved Donald Trump's peace plan. It means it's now highly likely that it's all systems go. A cease fire has commenced, the IDF will withdraw from Gaza, and if all goes to plan, all surviving twenty hostages will be released within a seventy two hour window. As Donald Trump prepares to travel to Egypt for the official signing.
Speaker 4: It's going to be great, and I think it's the hostages will be coming back Monday or Tuesday. I'll probably We'll probably be there. I hope to be there. This is a great plan, this is a great peace land. There's a plan that was supported by everybody. I mean, as I said, they're dancing in the streets of many, many countries right now. It's amazing.
Speaker 5: I've never seen anything like it.
Speaker 3: And look, the significance of that moment when the hostages are handed over cannot be understated. Now we have to be cautious, and it's right to be cautious about what happens after they are released. But right now there is no doubt this plan is the best hope Israel has got to claim back its sovereignty and bring peace to the region in the end. Who else has a plan on the table for Gaza, which has been run by Hamas for years with the intent of killing Jews and occupying its own state. And this is a plan to rebuild Gaza and rid harmas of its influence.
Speaker 4: We're going to create something where people can live. You can to live right now and Gaza, you know the place. It's a horrible situation. Nobody's ever seen anything like it. So yeah, we're going to create better conditions.
Speaker 6: For peoplehen you.
Speaker 3: So if Donald Trump can pull this off next week, the world will be a better place for it. And I've said this before and I'll say it again. If he does it, give Donald Trump the Nobel Peace Prize. But look, all this does is show up Anthony Albanesi and Pennywong for the foreign policy embarrassment they are. For two years, they've been on the wrong side of history, and for two years they've been all about momentum, momentum for peace in the Middle East, momentum for change, no action, just momentum. Their whole Middle East and foreign policy has been dictated by a form of energetic measurement.
Speaker 7: We want to be part of the global momentum for.
Speaker 8: Peace, build on the momentum for peace.
Speaker 7: Palestinian statehood as a way of building momentum.
Speaker 9: A practical contribution towards building momentum.
Speaker 10: Australia is making our contribution to that progress and to that momentum.
Speaker 3: Not once has that momentum turned into actual results towards peace. Now, after having previously claimed credit for Trump's peace, still saying his recognition of Palestine provided the positive momentum for Trump to put one on the table, the Prime Minister today had some sort of a reality check.
Speaker 9: I very much welcome this breakthrough President Trump, desas congratulations for the leadership that the United States has shown with.
Speaker 3: Gee what that must have taken for the PM to actually give someone credit where it's due and not pat himself on the back and claim all the glory. He went on to say this.
Speaker 9: We have called for some time for a cease fire, for the release of hostages, for aid to be granted.
Speaker 1: That needs to happen, and we also need to.
Speaker 9: Talk about the day after, which requires a two state solution. In Australia's work constructively with people.
Speaker 3: Now, I have wondered over two years if the PM or Pennywong even though that Hamas is a death cult terror group, because it's all just been about a ceasefire and then the release of the hostages. Now, had Israel actually listened to Albo ceasefire calls, Israel would have been wiped out and Hermus would have achieved its goal. It would have seen Hermas still in charge of the Gaza strip and still with a mandate that it's in its charter to destroy Israel. Yep. Pennywong was today also talking about what's that key word momentum?
Speaker 7: How do we build momentum? Coalition has been out of step with the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and the many countries which sought to recognize to provide help provide that momentum. What we've seen from the coalition is a negativity, a desire to have a political division when really we should have speaking with one voice.
Speaker 3: Well, momentum is not an argument for peace. This deal has not been agreed to because Anthony Albanezi, Penny Wong and the rest of their lefty friends displayed momentum in rewarding terror on the world stage, in recognizing a Palestinian state. All that momentum and restraint has done is reward her MUSS and tell the terror group to keep doing what it's doing. While Australia, the UK, France and Canada were betraying Jews and on the world stage not putting forward any plan for peace, Donald Trump was actually working on a plan to make a tangible difference. The only pathway to peace has been because of Israel's sustained military operation, which has slowly dismantled her MUSS and its operations, something Anthony Albenezi and Penny Wong have repeatedly warned against.
Speaker 9: Wanting to prioritize dialogue and diplomacy.
Speaker 7: We wish to see de escalation.
Speaker 9: With plomacy, dialogue and de escalation.
Speaker 7: Israel's friends urge Israel to exercise restraint.
Speaker 9: We continue to call for a cease fire along with the rest of the world.
Speaker 7: Show restrained and de escalated.
Speaker 3: But never mind, there's momentum, right and where has Labour's momentum got us? Here? In Australia with a fractioned social fabric which has been decayed day by day, not that Pennywong seems to notice.
Speaker 11: The social cohesion has been an issue that you've been aware of and saying, don't bring the conflict here. If this piece deal has done, this ceasefire achieved, should people just ease up on that sort of weekly protest now?
Speaker 7: Well, I think certainly political leaders should ease up, and I think we've seen both the Coalition and the Greens really try to bring the conflict here. Politically, social cohesion matters, and what that means is we live in peace. We respect each other's rights to have different views, and we do disagree with respectfully, we don't do we don't engage in violence, we don't engage in hatred, and we don't engage in abuse.
Speaker 3: Really, political leaders should ease up. Well, I'll show you what leaders easing up has led to anti Israel protests, wreaking havoc week and week out. The Australian and Israeli flags set alight on the steps of the Sydney Opera House and replaced by flags of terror groups. A portrait of the Ayatola of Iran carried across the Harbor Bridge Synagogue's firebomb. Anti Semitic slogans were feeded on houses and businesses, Jews intimidated day in day out. Sorry, I mean unless I've missed something. I think that sums up what leaders easing up has looked like. I don't know what this is. Maybe what Pennywong means when she says that we should try and respect each other's views. I'm smiling and unhappy.
Speaker 12: I'm inagan.
Speaker 1: It's a day of courage.
Speaker 3: And don't forget the majority of our MPs, including Alban Easy and Penny Wong, have not even bothered to watch the full October seven footage of the carnage carried out by Humas. Now we finally have an end game on the table, one that sees Hamas gone, Israel able to live in peace and not on edge urgently preparing for a response to another attack on its civilians. Thank goodness for Donald Trump, not for momentum. Let's get more now on that Gaza pie Steel. Joining me is Joel Bernie from the Australia Israel and Jewish Affairs Council. Joel, good to see you as always. Thank you for joining me. How do you feel? It does? Certainly seems as though it's all systems go? But what could still go wrong.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Tanika as always for having me well. One thing that I am is I'm excited by the prospect that after two years in captivity, hopefully twenty living hostages along with twenty eight deceased bodies, will be coming to Israel shortly, potentially as soon as Monday. So in your opening monologue you stress that the Israeli Cabinet and government has approved the first phase of the hostage release deal, which will see the hostages being released, hopefully within seventy two hours, as I said on Monday, but it also includes the release of close to two thousand Palestinian prisoners back into Gaza and other areas, with at least two hundred and fifty serving life sentences. So the cost to Israel within this transaction to get their loved ones back is going to be immense. It's going to be very, very difficult for the Israeli public to have to take in because of the fact that a number of murderers are going to be released shortly. But overall there's a huge sense of elation and optimism and hope that in the next seventy two hours you'll start seeing some of those hostages being released.
Speaker 3: Well, look, look, absolutely, I think there is genuinely a sense of optimism for the first time in two years. I guess the issue, Joel, is that for hostage families it's almost bittersweet because they don't know if their loved ones are coming back dead or alive.
Speaker 6: Well, that's right, and also the condition of the living hostages is not well known either, and we do know that they've been starved over the past two years. They've been completely lacking any type of natural light. They've been hiding underground in tunnels, chained, you know, completely locked off from any type of services such as the Red Crescent or the Red Cross. So I have no doubt that over the next couple of days come as we'll be feeding the hostages to give them some unfortunate, well needed meat on their bones before they're released. But you're right, the torture of the families hasn't ceased yet and won't cease until their loved ones are back. But the overall elation of the nation who needs to be whole again by bringing back every single soul that was taken on that fateful day nearly two years ago. But we need to then transition our focus from happiness and elation to the practical issues that we still have within the implementation and full of the Trump Piece plan, which includes the other phases of the deal, notably the demilitarization of Commas and the installation of a new technocratic government which does not include commands. So these are very very big issues yet to be ironed out and yet to be agreed upon. So Israel will have to transition quickly from very very huge elation and happiness to keenly focused on what the day after in Gaza is actually going to look like.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what I want to ask you, because obviously this is phase one. You know, you just mentioned what the other phases do look like. This is not something that is going to happen overnight. How long will it take to actually implement this plan in full? Do you think?
Speaker 6: Well, I really I don't know the answer to that. But what I do know is is that the president has been set that if you want to set a timetable to do things, if you want Kamas to do things that they don't want to do, it requires United isolation and pressure from the international community to back it into a corner. Treat it like the terrorist death cult that it is and force it with the leverage that you have to do what needs to be done. That is the only reason now, after two very very long years, that we've got to this juncture because finally the world, led by President Trump and the Arab countries along with Turkey, decided that Hamas was going to be its focus to isolate it and to force it to release the hostages and hopefully relinquish control to provide the population in Gaza with a bright fuwuture. So realistically, Danika, it's not just on TAMAS as to what it chooses to do in phase two and Phase three, but it's up to the international community, including Australia, to continue the focus on isolating Commas. Now, Australia has said CAAMAS can have no role in the future governance of Gaza. So what happens in six months time if they maybe decide to demilitarize, which I think is a long shot as well, but if they do but then want to have some type of role in the future government government is our government. France, the UK, Canada going to roll over like they did with their preconditions for unilateral statehood. They rolled on those conditions. They did not maintain those conditions before recognition. They went about recognizing before those conditions were met. My concern is is that that perceived weakness of the West, including countries in Australia, will continue and not hold up their end of the bargain to ensure that TAMAS has no role in the future governments of Gaza.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, I mean you raise a really good point. I guess there are so many unknowns that it does rely on countries around the world coming together on this. But look, no doubt Monday and Tuesday, when those hostages are released that it's just going to be a real, incredible, incredible moment, and we just hope that everything goes to plan. Job Bernie, good to see you as always. Thank you very much for joining me on the show. Appreciate it well. Joining me now is Shadow Cabinet Secretary Andrew Wallace. Andrew, thanks for your time. I want to start with this peace plan. This is a bit of what Penny Wong had to say today. Have a listen.
Speaker 7: You know, the coalition really has been out of step with the international community for such a long time. Remember the coalition opposed to cease Father President Trump himself supported Remember the Coalition has not understood the way in which the international community, that different countries of the world have come together over a year to try and work how it is that we create the conditions for the pathway to peace.
Speaker 3: What do you make of her assertion that the Coalition is the one that's out of step with the international community on this issue.
Speaker 8: Well, the first thing I'd say, Janiga is that, of course the international community has been divided on this. But to hear Penny Wong trying to side up with Donald Trump and the US administration talk about trying to jump on the bandwagon, I mean, it's just unbelievable. The Albanesi government has constantly criticized, in a polite sort of way, the US administration's response to dealing with this peace plan, but it really gets up my skin because what it does do Penny Wong's comments really seem to just disregard the US's efforts in all of this, and allies in the Pacific as well that have supported Israel through all of this. Countries like Australia, like France, like the UK have walked away from the only democracy in the Middle East, And now to see Penny Wong trying to crab Walk. I saw the Prime Minister during the week trying to make some lily livid argument that it was as a result of him and his unilateral recognition of Palestine that this deal was done. I mean, come on, Danika, please get me a bucket.
Speaker 3: Oh honestly, it's actually embarrassing. Do they want the Nobel Peace Prize? I don't know. I just think it's it's actually embarrassing. Yeah, no, it really really is. Andrew, I want to ask you about let's talk about the ices brides. Look, all we've seen all week is ducking and weaving from labor. It's been quite breathtaking to watch, but none more than Tony Burke, who's now admitted to actually providing the first lot of returning brides and their children with passports and DNA tests despite denials for days. Have a listen.
Speaker 12: Under the laws governing passports, if someone is.
Speaker 5: Eligible for a passport and.
Speaker 12: Applies to one of our embassies, there is an obligation for them to be provided with it. These individuals, these individuals received what they were entitled to by law, no more.
Speaker 3: And no less, Andrew, Australians deserve to feel safe. But how can we when isis brides are being let in and the minister in charge seems to be backflipping daily on what he knew and what he didn't.
Speaker 8: I got thrown out of question time yesterday, Tanika, because I pointed out to the Prime Minister that in the last sitting week here we had the Prime Minister repeatedly saying no assistant assistance has been provided, and yet yesterday Tony Burke came out and said it would actually be an offense if they didn't provide assistance. Firstly, what would the offense be? When was the last time we ever saw a government, particularly the Australian government, charged with anything. They have totally changed their story. So this is very very serious because what it means when you have Tony Burke coming out and contradicting what the Prime Minister had said, one of them is misleading the Parliament. Which one of them is it is that the Prime Minister for having said no assistance was provided, because that's the way it's looking on the evidence of Tony Burke, assistance was provided when the Prime Minister said it wasn't. So really, this is now an actual full blown scandal where the Prime Minister looks like he has misled the Parliament.
Speaker 3: The other thing is is we now know that more Isis brides than their kids are on their way. We don't know how many. We don't know where they're going to live, we don't know what threat they pose. We still don't know about the other cohort. Why is Labor so secretive about this?
Speaker 8: Well, because they're trying to walk both sides of the fence. They're trying to appease the left of the Labor Party and they're trying to He's Western Sydney in bringing these isis brides back, but they don't want to cop the political flak for them having done so. I mean, it's never the lie, it's always the cover up. And this government has been caught with their hands in the cookie jar and they have a lot to answer for now. They've got a lot to answer for as to why they didn't put things like temporary exclusion orders to ensure that those isis brides didn't come back into the country. Why are they not putting temporary exclusion orders on the other cohorts that are due to come back. Why aren't the existing isis brides that are now in Australia under control orders and if they are, well, Australians have a right to know that that is the case. We're being told nothing. We are being kept like mushrooms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, and we should be told because this is a matter of national secure In the end, these brides have gone over there on this g hardy romance and now they want to come back into this country. I just it's just an absolute disgrace. Andrew Wallace, We've got to leave it there. Good to see you as always, Thanks so much for joining me on the show. We're coming up after the break, Defense Scraps, a Taste of Harmony cookbook produced by one of its departments, on the taxpayer's dime, Common Sense at Last, that and more with my panel next welcome back. Joining me now is my panel former Liberal Senator Holly Hughes and former New South Wales police minister David Elliott. Good to see you both, Thank you so much for joining me. I want to start with this planned pro Palestine protest in Sydney this Sunday. So as we know, the court ruled that they can't do it at the Sydney Opera House, which is great news. But I've got to say, you know what, on Earth. Could they possibly be protesting about now, David, we've got a piece steal on the table. I don't hear them celebrating that yet. The organizer said today, quote, we are fighting not just the end of the genocide, but for the liberation of Palestine. Our movement will not be stopped. So nothing about the peace deal, David, nothing at all.
Speaker 10: Well, this is proof that they will just continue to radicalize locally and of course provide that pressure on overseas governments to support the Palestinian demands, which won't stop. I mean, you don't see the Israelis or the Jewish community campaigning or protesting again beyond today's announcement about the peace protest, and the mere fact that the Palestinian authorities are encouraging this and locally the pro Palestine groups want to continue to protest, means that we aren't going to be seeing an end of this anytime soon.
Speaker 3: No, I agree. I mean, it's just going to keep going on and on, even if we get to that point of peace, Holly, and I've got to say, it's beyond the point where we can say, oh, this is about free speech. Right. There's been an undertone of hate at these protests from the beginning, and now they won't even back off and celebrate peace.
Speaker 13: Well, I think it demonstrates that these are all about hate. This is what these protests actually are about. Hate for the Jewish people, hate for Zionist, hate for Israel, and hate for the West. Quite frankly, I mean, these are all extreme left wing id logues and this is their cause to jure and until they get the next cause, I don't think they'll stop. And it's extraordinary that we're still seeing their failure to recognize there was peace between Israel and Gaza on October six, and it was the Hamask group and the Palestinian people that participated in that that caused all of this just over two years ago. So we know it's about hate, we know it's about anti Israel, and quite frankly, the behavior of this federal government has done nothing but embolden them. And I think there may be no end in sight, as I say, until they find the next left wing cause that they can cause.
Speaker 3: A ruck a Sober.
Speaker 13: I don't know Australia days around the corner.
Speaker 3: Maybe Oh well, Homo, please gosh, Holly, I mean, you're right, you're right, but we're going to get there at some point. But gee, yeah, no, look you're spot on now. Look I want to ask you both about the Isis brides. David, we've spoken about this before because you were the first counter terrorism minister in New South Wales and when I first asked you about this on my show last week when it first broke, you were unconvinced by Labour's claims that they were not involved in this repatriation. Now Tony Burke, of course, has finally admitted that they gave them passports and DNA checks. Are you convinced that this is enough to ensure our safety?
Speaker 11: No, not at all.
Speaker 10: This problem did not sneak up on us. Ten years ago when I was first made the Minister for Corrections, before I was counter Tourism minister, we were talking about preparation for returning Isis brides and how we would block it. We would bring in the protection orders, we would make sure that before they got on a plane, and we were convinced that they were deradicalized, had to be prepared for any charges that would be laid against them because they had been associated with terrorist organizations, and of course we wanted to make sure the state was prepared to either incarcerate or continue to provide surveillance. Now, all of that was debated ten years ago, and I think we've seen some very very tricky footwork from the Commonwealth over the course of the last week as they realized that they'd been misleading the community. And I'm horrified that the thought that somebody that believed in a cause like Isis or Hamas or Hesbalah have decided that it's time to come home because it's much nicer and more comfortable in a Housing Commission house in Melbourne. And I think Australians need to be asking their like a member, why is this happening, where are they going and what continued surveillance will ensure the safety of our communities, because the United Kingdom has seen what happens when a radical people fall off the radar. They're not deradicalized, and then of course they go and continue to commit atrocities.
Speaker 3: Look absolutely, and the thing is is that once these women left this country, they betrayed our values when they went and joined the death cult. Now, just because this Geharti romance hasn't quite worked out for them, Holly, they think, oh well, we can swam back in as David said in Housing Commission in Melbourne, on the taxpayer's dime of course, But what do you make of how Labor has dealt with this issue this week.
Speaker 13: Well, they haven't just betrayed our values, they've actually broken Commonwealth law. There are Commonwealth laws applicable about traveling to a declared zone with regards to terrorist activities, and these people absolutely broke Australian law. So at the very least they should be being prosecuted via that Commonwealth law. And I have no doubt if any of that law needed to be changed or strengthened that the Coalition would get behind the lab government to support that, But of course that's not what's happening.
Speaker 3: I do think that the premiers have a role here.
Speaker 13: I think the Premier's need demand from the Prime Minister knowledge of where these isis brides have returned to, and that the communities have the right to know that these people have been placed within their communities. There should, of course be the protection orders, deradicalization and all of those other programs being put in place, but the federal government's really only responsibility when it comes down to it, is keeping Australians safe and we can see now this government that was supposed to be about transparency and honesty with the Australian people is anything but. It is in fact the complete opposite, and in their attempts to appease their own internal left wing, they are actually putting Australian's lives at risk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, I certainly agree. And I also thought, you know, the fact that Tony Burke has this week backflipped and backflipped on multiple positions, has lied to the Australian public, and then you know, finally admits, actually we did give them passports and we don't know where these people living. We know absolutely no information and once again it's an absolute national security failure on behalf of labor. Now, look, I thought this next story was quite interesting. Defense has banned further print runs of its Taste of Harmony cookbook. Now, our viewers might remember that this cookbook was produced by the Departments Guided Weapons and Explosive Ordinance Group. This is the same group task with establishing a two hundred billion dollar plus domestic missile manufacturing industry, which is a goal that remains very very distant. Yet somehow time was found to produce a cookbook on the taxpayer's dime, David. But now Defense have finally banned it. Is it a good call?
Speaker 10: Well, I mean I'm as you can see, I was quite a connoisseur of defense cooking and I want to put a little bit of without defending the brass, I will highlight the fact that in the military, whether it be you know, having powdered eggs in a gunpit or dining in the officer's mess on a for a formal occasion, food is very very important, you know, as Napoleon said, an army marches on its stomach. However, the tone of this book, and he wasn't the commander of the catering Corps. This was a senior, a two or three star, that was supposed to be engaged elsewhere, and the tone of harmony just doesn't sit right. I think the RSL might have something to say about this as well.
Speaker 6: That does.
Speaker 10: It doesn't seem to work well, and I think I think people will be scratching their heads wondering why a three star officer is engaged in harmony cooking but in the defense of the Australian Army Catering Corps shout out to all of our army cookies. They it is culturally an important part of Defense Service's life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, A, Look, I don't have a problem with being a connoisseur, Like I don't have any issues with that. My issue, Holly is is that they've been in this particular group's been tasked with this enormous project worth twenty billion dollars. It's running so far behind schedule, but the time has been found to make a cookbook. I don't know what's your views.
Speaker 13: Look, I don't know where they attaching copies of the cookbook to the missiles.
Speaker 3: That they're supposed to be developing.
Speaker 13: Look, I'm hoping it's been stopped because David Johnson, who's the new Chief of Defense, is an eminently sensible.
Speaker 3: Man and an absolutely beautiful person.
Speaker 13: So I'm hopeful that he's actually the one who's gone enough of this rubbish, and under him, we're going to see a reduction in the woke activities that the ADF was becoming such fervent fans of. But I mean, I've read this story and reread this story and read the story again, and I still cannot figure out who thought this was a good idea, what it was about. I'm with David I did all my ADF programs when I was in Parliament and loved them. And the importance of feeding our soldiers is absolutely paramount, particularly on the submarines. That's actually probably the highest quality food you will get across the defense forces, because clearly they don't have much else going on when they're underneath the surface.
Speaker 3: But yeah, whoever thought this was a good idea is a little bit beyond me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, I don't think that China is currently out there producing cookbooks. Let's be realistic. China's got other priorities right now. Holy Hugh's David Elliott. Nice to see you both have a great weekend. Thanks very much for jod of me on the show. Well, coming up after the break, I asked the sex Discrimination Commissioner to come on the show and explain why she doesn't know the difference between a man and a woman. I'll tell you her response next. Plus, we'll go live to London where UK Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer has praised Donald Trump for the success of his peace deal, and he's also taken credit. It sounds a bit like Albo. That's next Welcome back, where we live in a very strange world. Where Australia's very own sex Discrimination commissioner does not know the difference between a man.
Speaker 14: And a woman, lesbians, trans women, non binary. There are a range of people who identify as women who are women.
Speaker 15: Did you mean that biological males can be women.
Speaker 3: Men?
Speaker 14: So I think that we have different language that perhaps you're using than I would use. So I don't understand the term biological men.
Speaker 3: Oh dear, Well, Anna Cody is paid four hundred thousand dollars a year to tell us that she doesn't know what a biological man is. Now, I asked Anna Cody onto my show tonight, she declined. In a statement. A spokesperson said, the commissioner advocates extensively for the safety of women and children. Well, if she is such an advocate, why not come on the show and tell us? Is it because she knows that maybe her arguments don't actually stack up? Earlier I spoke to Liberal Senator Claire Chandler, who asked brilliant questions and set at estimates this week, and started by asking her how a woman whose job it is to protect women's rights doesn't know the very definition.
Speaker 15: Well, I don't think it makes sense at all. I mean, like you say, our sex discrimination commissioner doesn't understand what biological sex is, and she doesn't understand the rights that should reasonably attach to that women's sex based rights, the rights to single sex services and spaces that I've been advocating for for many, many years now. So I think we kind of need to reframe that question. I mean, the reality is here we have a sex discrimination commissioner who doesn't actually defend women's.
Speaker 3: Rights at all. No, look, she doesn't. And well done to you on your excellent questioning in Senate estimates this week. What shame that you couldn't actually get the answers to such simple questions. I did, for the record ask the commissioner on my show today. She declined, but in a statement said that the commissioner advocates extensively for the safety of women and children. I mean, if she's such an advocate, then well I would expect that she should come and do some media interviews, come on the show. But Senator, you also asked Anna Cody about a biological male prisoner who raped his own child and is now being held in a women's prison. This was the response.
Speaker 15: Do you consider that this man who is a child sex offender is a woman.
Speaker 14: The Sex Discrimination Act includes trans women within it, So the person who I believe you're referring to is a trans woman.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, i'd ask the question, Senator, is that advocating extensively for the rights of women and children?
Speaker 15: Absolutely, it's not. And I think that very much goes to the point that you were talking about earlier, that when we conflate these terms and pretend that woman means anything other than an adult human female, that's where we find ourselves in the situation that we're currently in, where our Sex Discrimination Commissioner can't actually advocate for the protection of women's sports, women's services, women's spaces like women's prisons where you see people like sal Grover being dragged through courts of law in this country for offering a women's single sex space, and indeed, like the example that we've seen in Victoria where female prison inmates are being subjected to a dangerous male sex offender because that males decided to identify into their prison. We need more clear cut rules here, and I think it's incredibly disappointing that the Sex Discrimination Commissioner, who, like you say, is on a salary of more than four hundred thousand dollars a year, can't bring herself at Senate estimates to defend the rights of Australian women and girls. And I want to just ask you on the point that she made in.
Speaker 3: Relation to the Sex Discrimination Act. She says that it contains the term trans women. From your knowledge of it, does it indeed talk about trans women?
Speaker 15: No, I don't think the Sex Discrimination Act does talk about trans women. What the Sex Discrimination Act does do, though, is include gender and gender identity as protected attributes alongside biological sex. Now, this has only been the case for the last twelve years, since the Gillard government amended the Sex Discrimination Act back in twenty thirteen. And again that's where we've seen this complete conflation of language, and activists have been able to take advantage of that conflation to start saying that the Act means things that it was never intended to do. The reality is the Sex Discrimination Act was designed to ensure that women biological females had certain rights and that's a very good thing. But the acts since been misinterpreted and amended by the Gillard government and completely butchered to the point where it's arguably meaningless and I think actually endangers the rights of women and girls in Australia.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I just think it's just a raised women because if it's removed the definitions of sex, men and a woman, then how can you know what a woman is in this very country. I mean as a woman myself and you. It is exasperating to even have this argument week in week out. And I want to ask you, Senator, how far behind we are compared to the rest of the world. We can't define it. At least the UK has moved to define it. America has done the same thing, and here in Australia it's not even in our laws.
Speaker 15: It's one of my greatest disappointments in my five or six years have been at the forefront of this debate that Australia hasn't moved alongside other countries, like you say, the United Kingdom of the United States, to backtrack on some of this ideology that'sroached into this space around sex discrimination and women's sex based rights. And I think there are many different reasons behind that. One of the reasons is, frankly, that most of the media outlets in this country refused to give this issue any interest. I mean you look at the Victorian prison case that we mentioned earlier that had very little media reporting outside Sky News and the Australian Masthead and the Herald Son. I don't think it was covered on the ABC, perhaps not surprisingly. So we really need the media to start sitting up and paying attention to this because this issue.
Speaker 3: Is not going away.
Speaker 15: And frankly, I think politicians at all levels of government in this country need to be courageous and fearless in speaking out about these issues.
Speaker 3: And the thing is that it shouldn't even be a controversial issue to begin with. It's just you know, simple biology. But look, you're right about the media. I ABC certainly weren't interested in the giggle versus tickle appeal a couple of months ago either, so that is definitely half the problem. Senator Claire Chandler, great to catch up with you, Thanks so much for joining me on the show this evening. Thanks for having me well. Much like Anthony Albenezi, UK's PM kir Starmers seems to also be taking credit for Donald Trump's Middle East peace plan.
Speaker 2: I want to be really clear about that, and I say that from the informed position of the UK having played a part behind the scenes in this with the US, with the mediators.
Speaker 3: Joining me now from London is Samara Gill a host of triggered with Samara Gill. Nice to see you again, Thank you so much for joining me. I'll look just like Anthony Albereneasi Kiirs Starmers spent the past two years demonizing Israel, then of course recognized Palestine. Now reckons the UK played a part in the deal. Have they no shame Samara?
Speaker 5: Shame Denika?
Speaker 16: I mean this is like bragging about a win when all you did was shout from the sidelines and they were mostly yelling for the other team.
Speaker 5: May I remind me of audience.
Speaker 16: I mean literally they are tweedled d and tweedled dumb. It's Keir Starmer and it's useless Anthony Albanesi and they have done absolutely nothing for this peace deal. I mean it's an absolute tragedy because the United Kingdom is the country that effectively founded Israel and it's got no part in this deal. I mean Starma and Albo have effectively rewarded Hamas for their violence on October the seventh by recognizing Palestine as a state.
Speaker 5: Mayor remind you that was only just a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 16: I mean, our prime minister over here is really desperate to look balanced because his own country and it's part his party, is really tearing themselves apart. So he always says, you know, it's about peace, all these empty platitudes, but we know that he doesn't mean any of them. And the truth really is that no one who actually matters in this peace deal, such as Trump and Nettana, who care what Starma and Anthony Albanesi because they laugh at them behind closed doors and they get the work done.
Speaker 5: Trump is the only one to thank for this piece deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right there, TWETL d TWETL dumb, dumb and dummer. But they're exactly the same. They had nothing to do with it. Nothing, But yep, they've got no shame. Samara, goodness mate. Now look let's be do you know no, Well, that's it always always. Now look I want to pivot. We're going to talk about the royals because this week we saw the Duchess of privacy, Meghan Markle. She she stepped out at Paris Fashion Week, didn't she wearing that a white outfit? And I'm going to say she's copped a lot of flak the latest from Megan Kelly. What's she said?
Speaker 16: I mean Megan Kelly, the woman she is. She called the other Megan out as the ultimate grifter, and grifter she certainly is. I mean Meghan Markle is the woman who has turned victimhood into a business model.
Speaker 5: I feel like there's.
Speaker 16: Every tear, every stage, SI comes with a trademark and Netflix deal, a podcast. This woman is really really not oppressed. She's opportunistic and I think that was shown the most during her Paris Fashion Week appearance, which was another desperate and craven attempt to.
Speaker 5: Grab the limelight.
Speaker 16: While William was getting some good publicity for some of the press that he was doing with Apple TV Eugene Levy, he was cropping up there and making the monarchy look really good. No, no, Meghan rushes off to Paris to go and steal that. You could see her trying to get any photo she could with any paparazzi that was there.
Speaker 5: You could see her walking openly in crowds.
Speaker 16: Which is just hilarious considering that Harry comes here every month or so demanding that the taxpayer pays for his security because he claims that him and the children and Meghan don't feel safe.
Speaker 5: I mean, other than looking like a toilet roll.
Speaker 16: Meghan Markle is contributing absolutely nothing.
Speaker 3: No, look she's not, and you're right. I mean, I've seen the memes of her looking like a toilet roll. I just thought I don't know what she was thinking. To be honest, Samara, Now look we're almost out of time, but I want to ask you King Charles. He's going to be in a new TV documentary about the environment.
Speaker 16: I mean, look, you know I'm a monarchist, but I mean this is really peak eco royalism. I don't I mean, I don't doubt Charles's sincerity, but let's be honest, it's very easy to lecture people about living simply when you've got four estates and you've got a valet to sort of polish your walking stick. That's the life that Charles is living. He does want to inspire a sense of determination, But I just wish the Royals would stop sticking their fingers in these climate sort of catastrophe talks because they have no part in it.
Speaker 5: They are one of the biggest polluters in the world.
Speaker 16: If you think about a family that has more sort of properties private jets estates it doesn't end with them, so no, I don't want to hear it when I'm forced to use my paper straw and Charles is whizzing around in his private jet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that the Royal should just stick to being royals, stop, you know, putting their finger to every single issue out there. Samara girl, nice to see you again. Thanks so much for joining me on the show. Really appreciate it. We're coming up after the break the winners and losers of the week, including a racing legend and a Trump hating comedian lands down Under. That's next. It is that time of the week where we sought the winners from the losers, and helping me to do that is my wonderful co host for Dedekra James McPherson. James, I'm so excited to have you on my show for once. Thank you so much for joining me.
Speaker 1: I'm so honored to be on your show, Nika. Let's get into it. I'm excited about this segment.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's get into it. So your winner this week. There's a big weekend of course of racing ahead at Bathist. So you've gone with racing legend Alan Moffatt.
Speaker 17: Yeah, now I've got to explain Allan Moffatt is currently going through dementia, so he's not in a good way.
Speaker 1: But remember he was a racing legend.
Speaker 17: He won Bathist four times, he won the Australian Touring Car Championship four times.
Speaker 1: He's a great of motor racing.
Speaker 17: Sadly he can't remember any of his Bathist victories. In fact, dementia has robbed him even of the memory that he used to be a.
Speaker 1: Racing car driver.
Speaker 17: But you know what, he'll always be a winner to us, and though he doesn't remember how great he was, I think Australians will always remember him as an absolute legend of the sport, and so I think he's an appropriate winner, going through a tough time, but still a champion and always will be.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: I absolutely agree with you, and I'm sure many who are going to Bathist would think the exact same. Now, look, I had to give my winner this week to a UK Big Brother contestant. Her name is Caroline Monks. She's a music executive, but James this week she's been demonized because of her factually correct comment.
Speaker 1: Her crime.
Speaker 3: Would you believe she told a biological female housemate who identifies as a man that they don't have a penis. Now. She was then issued with a formal warning over her offensive and unacceptable comment. She profousely apologized because she was basically forced to back down, But now there's a petition calling for her to be expelled from the house. On ITV whose Big Brother Late in Live, the host claims she could be best friends with Nigel Farage. Now, James, of course, people have the right so their own choices in life, and you should be free to do whatever you want. But the thing is, the UK made a ruling that women don't have penises earlier this year.
Speaker 17: Yeah, so why would Channel four, a public broadcaster, be propagating gender fluidity nonsense when the UK is certainly going the other way?
Speaker 1: Taxpayers are paying for this rubbish.
Speaker 17: But we've got to remember Big Brother deliberately put a transgender person on the program with a woman in her fifties, knowing that there would be a cultural clash. They would get publicity, there'd be controversy. Big Brother don't care about trans rights or the feelings of trans people. They wanted controversy for ratings. They got it, Yeah, they got it.
Speaker 3: And now she's been completely demonized, apparently best friends with Nigel Farage. Would you believe that I would take that as a compliment, to be quite frank, if someone ever said that to me.
Speaker 17: Well, best friends with Nigel for and half of the UK exactly.
Speaker 3: Who want him to be the prime minister? Exactly? Now your loser of the week is the joyless joy Read. Let's have a look at her late to smeltdown.
Speaker 1: I can't stand Dvan.
Speaker 3: Let's just be clear, if never there's nothing he could do.
Speaker 2: He could literally like rescue my cat out of a burning building, and I would still hate Gdi Vans.
Speaker 3: God, can she just get a grip seriously, James, Well.
Speaker 17: First thing, Danika, I always thought she would be a cat lady. If anyone would be a cat lady, it would be joy Read. But the reason she's my loser of the week is I'm sick of people who can't disagree but be nice about it. You know, it used to be that we hated bad ideas, but we were always respectful towards people. These days we have to be respectful towards every crazy idea. But it's fine to hate people, and I think we've got.
Speaker 1: It around the wrong way. Let's disagree ab.
Speaker 17: Bad ideas, but still be respectful towards people.
Speaker 3: Well, that brings me to my loser, James, speaking of hateful people. Rosie o'donald. She's here at Australia. Actually she's in Sydney and she's already talking about her favorite topic, Donald Trump. But look, the trip hasn't gone so well. Have a listen.
Speaker 18: Had some wonderful Thai food with the producer of this show that I'm doing, Liza, and she said to me, you don't like spices, so we'll get it no spice. And she ordered the salad and I took a bite and I thought my mouth was on fire.
Speaker 3: It was so spicy.
Speaker 18: I said, you must have ordered this wrong, because she ordered in Thai language, the Thai, Thailand's language.
Speaker 3: The Thailand language. Jameson what is she talking about? Seriously?
Speaker 17: Is she supposed to be a comedian. When does the funny part kick in? She has become famous for talking about Donald Trump. If it wasn't for Donald Trump, she wouldn't have a career these days.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. Why is she in Australia.
Speaker 3: Well, she's she's doing a two. I'm surprised you haven't booked tickets. I thought that that would have been on your priority list for the year, to see Rosie O'Donnell in Sydney.
Speaker 1: I was waiting for you to invite me. Deneka, yeah for next time.
Speaker 3: I've invited you on my show. Maybe next time. James, thanks for joining me. I'll see you on Sunday night at seven o'clock for Deneka and James. Good to catch up. Steve Price is next. Good night,