Speaker 1: It's the grand final edition of the Daily Telegraph Interior podcast. Also is the Daly m After Party rap addition, and cannot just say I'm very disappointed in each in every one of you.
Speaker 2: It ticks last night because we went home, because we went home and you.
Speaker 1: Didn't staying out there trying to get content for your Sport Confidential column got anything for me.
Speaker 3: I gave you the I gave you the.
Speaker 4: Read order, or I do nothing like the old noseboy. No scandal, no scandal. Whats so they tell you?
Speaker 5: I'm furious Daily Cherry Evans, he already said to me, and he's finding around the chair how many he had a couple he was doing past your beds.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's going to the columns, I said, how dare you? Daily?
Speaker 5: Cherry was a very good company, he was.
Speaker 4: He was enjoying himself.
Speaker 1: Yes, when the lights went on, when things were wrapping up, he was leading a little quartet of Queenslanders. Tom Didn't Reuben Cotter and the kangaroo backflipper Calen pomer and a nice little quadriller over there.
Speaker 4: That they were very good. I think they won the Origin series.
Speaker 1: That's very The Blues now matches gone, it was a good.
Speaker 5: Night, I thought, boys, I'm interested, You're always good nights. What are you interesting? I'm worried about your nerves. Well, have you done a Grand Final show?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 3: Plenty just for yourself, Michael, that's what reading.
Speaker 4: Just let me do it there.
Speaker 6: So you said good Grand Final week edition, daily and wash up edition.
Speaker 2: What about the farewell edition? Hello mister holidays?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Can you just let people know where you will be this time next week?
Speaker 4: Greece.
Speaker 5: I'll be in Greece, working my way down to Kithra, of Kithra home of Nick Politis and Peter Valandi's and now I have booked an airbnb and I'm not staying for accepting anything pre accommodation, which many people have suggested.
Speaker 7: Well, any time you mentioned those two key figures, it's an obvious question.
Speaker 4: They're giving me tip cheats, best fetter. I cannot wait. How good. I'll just see how the weather is buzz that's Tommy.
Speaker 5: It's okay, good, it's not too hot, and it's terrorist seasons done.
Speaker 4: It will be pleasant.
Speaker 1: Can we just call you once a week for your dinner updates? Because I'm Michael, it'll be you doing time difference.
Speaker 5: If I'm up and about. I'm happy to appear via phone hook up.
Speaker 7: What about he's already getting into the European a tire with his beautiful lemon cotton shirt that he's wearing marks you need?
Speaker 4: I like mine? This was a giveaway shirt. Pete the great Cab. You need?
Speaker 6: Like all he need is like shorts and some boat shoes and you're ready to.
Speaker 4: Great Boat Show. I used to be, did you? Yes?
Speaker 5: We should bring our shoe collections in next year, just to mix it up a little bit, mate, I have the best news.
Speaker 4: On joggers. Were started talking for Do you want anyone to listen Stephen Crowton shoes last night? Yeah? Was Stephen Crichton?
Speaker 1: Was that a swagger that he was walking up the stage with her an injury?
Speaker 4: Couldn't?
Speaker 7: He's just huge, he made his legs are that big. He just strives a big human, his eggs a big man.
Speaker 1: What about Jack Bostoc twenty just twenty one, big giant and a really lovely kid too.
Speaker 7: Whenever these guys win the awards, Crichton's an exception. But when bost Or got up there, I just felt sorry for Saints fans, Like, how do.
Speaker 4: You letting go. But I turned to you and said it was another one, and Tyrone wish your man.
Speaker 2: You jumped off the hook bedwagon very quickly.
Speaker 4: Who sends you text every now and again to the love nothing more? You go back with a long way. But the bottom line is it makes a good point. Yeah.
Speaker 7: The other thing too is Jerome Hughes, he was was at the further Club of the Titans, then goes to the Cowboys feeder, which then got me thinking about the Cowboys. Who's let Caleb p Jerome Hughes later imagine that I've lost another one.
Speaker 4: George trying to Breendon Smith Peter Parr who let him both go.
Speaker 1: Interesting that when Daily chair Evans came across and congratulated Jack Bostock on the Rookie of the Year awarden when Greg Alexander was handing out to him. They were talking about how because Briandy went from Rookie of the Year to dally m in twelve months, and he was saying how much of a whirlwind it was he couldn't remember, and Daily said that Jack, mate, I was in exactly the same position. I felt exactly the same way, becaus I can't believe I'm here now. I'm thirty five and this is going on, and yeah, it was a nice moment with Jack and DC. He took the time to come across and see.
Speaker 5: You always taught yourself up as an old Pathways coach at Cronulla.
Speaker 6: You do, I don't, but you just stop.
Speaker 7: Blake Brayley was sitting Blake Blake Brayley sitting across from.
Speaker 4: Here's the hook or that helped created ID I coached against Jack Bostock. Yes, and Joseph was tagged. It doesn't count. You could pay back.
Speaker 8: Then he was Wollongong and.
Speaker 4: Just trying to remember a coach for your bars? Were you oriento? Technically not great?
Speaker 5: But my goodness, I could get the best out of a footballer.
Speaker 4: Well, he asked, I'm an inger room. Great you still you need al and replace. You're on fire. They say you're telling you to go to bed. Tactically not great.
Speaker 1: What about while we're on this, what about you last night selling yourself around as the bloke who ends few, the bloke that brings people together.
Speaker 4: I know you.
Speaker 5: I don't want to go into too many, but I've offered to get Blake solely back with.
Speaker 4: Luck with that one. How's that going to go who.
Speaker 5: Knows great was in good film last night? Yeah, good Fellow hasn't been any special year.
Speaker 9: You know how many drive byers? You can tell your god buzzers dropping? All these bonds were going to stay on work next week?
Speaker 4: Anyone else you want to drive? Yeah, it's a Grand Prit edition. Picked were you going to speak about grand point?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: A bit of insight into last night? Eh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, inside into last night because drum Hughes, What did you guys think when it came down to one.
Speaker 3: Point in it round twenty six? Jerome Hughes didn't play, he was rested.
Speaker 1: I thought he's at one point that might cost him.
Speaker 4: The referees push.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the referee push took six points off, but it meant that that final round where James Esko picked up maximum points, he thought, hang on a second, and then they read through everything that Hughes did in that final game and worthy winner, right, yeah, yeah, that.
Speaker 4: Was the game he was fialed it with the final game.
Speaker 5: Isn't it funny like Teddy picked up majors because they had injuries and Sam Walker wasn't playing and competing for points with him, and it was the right result that guy and I love the daly Ms Compared to the Brown Law Medal. You can have one slip up, you can have one slight actor, but you can still win the thing.
Speaker 4: Couldn't have won it clearly best player.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll tell you Teddy has loved the Brown Teddy's had an.
Speaker 10: Enormous I'm saying it, we're better out a huge year.
Speaker 7: What what got me there is I can't believe what I stood interviewing him in Las Vegas to start the year, and you realize how much these blokes put into such a long season had.
Speaker 5: Helped that he only played by an origin game. You remember after the last year's series he took off the Barron Bay and there was sure you go into the rooster's game.
Speaker 4: Because he was cooked. Who look how fresh he was. I questioned it, and I think.
Speaker 11: It was some time to just just for context and on what about the kind of last with the hear of the will work initiated amazing?
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I just love how he sprung out of his seat and he was almost like he was willing to go it alone if he had to.
Speaker 4: It was such a market.
Speaker 7: And then and then Joseph Tappani and eliektoo got involved as well.
Speaker 4: It was fantastic.
Speaker 1: It's almost a kind of starting a slow clap and nobody getting on board.
Speaker 4: But he was.
Speaker 3: He didn't care, he didn't waiver, he was straight in.
Speaker 4: Which was terrific.
Speaker 5: A special, wasn't it? Caught Vonnie by surprise she closed to the night. Yeah, and this noise coming from yeah, how good?
Speaker 1: What about the year of Katalla? We're hearing this a bit of footage now, yeah, use bucks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and when I saw that, I thought, my goodness, how the kangaroo's gon to match that passion in the Pacific?
Speaker 4: It made so, isn't it special?
Speaker 6: Does kangaroos just have a lot of keyw He's dropping out, a lot of keys dropping out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's to Tonga. And bit of injury as well.
Speaker 7: And I'll actually feel for Stacy James because he's coming in off the thirty Niels thrashing from magic keyword.
Speaker 4: Only one boat can go down. Yeah, and he's running out of players to the point where he does.
Speaker 7: They don't know who they're going to play in the halves alongside your own Yes, yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Guys happy with all the award winners.
Speaker 1: Yeah, largely I think let's let's run through so full back of the year James Sedesco grow no brain with the Dalian points there your wingers, Zach Lomax, bron too, thought.
Speaker 6: Lomax a lock, and I probably would have gone kraz over top.
Speaker 4: But yeah, good point, not huge and boxed. There was some great Yeah.
Speaker 6: You're not Gonnock run till so I was comfortable with it, but I would have gone kraz.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, Majors and any other player in the.
Speaker 1: Comp Senata's Herbie farm Worth and Stephen Captain of the Year, Crichton and just Sidebar first year captain hitting.
Speaker 2: The awards twenty three. Yeah, got ten years left twenty three. You guys working.
Speaker 1: Captain of the year leader, working at the sports I have a bit of a problem with the sanators.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, blow up.
Speaker 5: I would have wacked Chesse Raymian in the head of Herbie Herbie missed.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think Jesse Ramion had easily his best season of his entire career, and I thought the indication of that was in the semi finals when he was out Cornella weren't the same out wide, defensive, attacking wise, I thought I thought he was better than Herbie farm wor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shaving the pool podcast. Mate, if I'm you just agree with me about krazia three seconds ago, Yeah, but you're not involved enough. Lift your voice. The next one I fire up. Tom didn't five the year, Yeah, I should.
Speaker 6: Have been your own life think that was That was the clear one for me of all the positional awards, of one where I thought was they probably got wrong was I definitely.
Speaker 5: Would have had you carried him and Isa Penrith for a long period of time.
Speaker 4: With that, Cleary, I again agree with your market. Happy with that. I would have gone.
Speaker 1: I'm just so you're happy with me concerning himself there to pick your moment, the judges.
Speaker 4: Little secret. So there's no one beating bag, no account of everyone.
Speaker 7: You know, if you're the Dali in five eighths of the year, you know you're you're in the like that's that's you're in an elite discussion.
Speaker 4: And for me, Tommy didn't win missing again for the Cowboys against Cronullery, and when it mattered, he wasn't. He had a good year. He had a good year.
Speaker 7: But your elite and Jerome Lewi it's a buzzer's point, helped carry Penrith to this point in time is.
Speaker 2: Based on Delian points, though I don't think it is an I would think it is, and I don't think any think they.
Speaker 4: Used to do.
Speaker 5: It is the top three automatic positional and then there's a judgment called.
Speaker 7: Mobbsy would have to be because let's just say Jerome Lewis had told more points than Tom diedon.
Speaker 4: How could you have to be lew I think it would come to get Jack on the phone while we're talking.
Speaker 3: Jerome Hughes at halfback for half back at the year Dallia.
Speaker 1: You not in so many words, but last night intimated to me that you're the reason that Jerome Hughes was able to win the Dalli.
Speaker 4: Do what happened?
Speaker 5: Seriously, there was a lot of controversy about the Rothman's all and these awards being strictly a best in for us and if you got sent off. So about twenty years ago, Malcolm Noade was managing director of News Corp, was also on the NRL board and we had I think John Brady come in and the three of us had a meeting and we changed the rule at that meeting where you can still get sent off suspended, but you do get deducted the points you could have won that week.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it was changed about twenty years ago.
Speaker 12: You do the same with the rookie of the year. It's still the Rookie of the year is so easy to fix. I have a bit of clout in those days. Now, I was executive director of sport.
Speaker 4: That's that's a long time you hiring you and hiring you.
Speaker 7: That's a long title, isn't it. Well that's good. It's a powerful title. It's executive director.
Speaker 4: An enormous way in this city back then.
Speaker 3: What about the one of journalism recruiters us?
Speaker 4: You keep talking, but it never talks about it. He misses because I'm not going to offend anyone on my podcast Halloween, we've been on air for you. Do you even everyone to drive by so far who like solely they've got to fix it. We've got to fix that rookie of the year. Yeah, I mean, it's so simple. If he gets just to duct the points, he still wins.
Speaker 1: Any Locky Galvin, Locky Galvin, Max Maxie Plaid, Well it's a great year.
Speaker 4: If he gets suspended for two matches or more, you're out of the running. Yeah, any thing is. I don't want to say Jack didn't deserve the award, you know, it's great. Yeah, of course he had a great year. I mean a good year.
Speaker 1: I taught him last night and obviously being a paramatter of tragic, and said, what about your hat trick against the Eels in Darwny's Yeah, I remember that goes, we're down six four, then we're down six, we're down twelve. We came out the second half, I said, the paramat score of trying the stuff. Yeah, they got one, lady. He just he almost had an idetic memory this year, just remembering it. But yeah, really he thought that was his best performance of the season.
Speaker 4: He's been a real fine for him. A lovely bloke.
Speaker 3: Yeah who Buzz coached against him.
Speaker 4: I introduced for soft him last night, A really really nice fellow. He's on the take story.
Speaker 1: Yeah we did actually, yeah, which he remembered the Delian props of the year, Adam Fanilla Blake and Joseph Tapaney.
Speaker 4: I don't argue that that Fisher Harris out again.
Speaker 2: I don't think has been great this year. Nah nah, I don't think he's been. He hasn't been poor like I think his back half the years much better than his front half of the year.
Speaker 4: I thought he's I don't think he.
Speaker 2: Was at that high level half the Adam Finel Blake is probably the same though Adam really a Grand.
Speaker 4: Final you know. I said that.
Speaker 7: I said the bars is a week or two ago about Adam Vanilla Blake. He made the most average run meters in the entire competition. It's crazy that day, that's just crazy stat He's a front run I Rothers don't do that, and so so he made the most average run meters in the entire NRL. In the top ten, the next nine players below Phenol Blake around side backs. Number ten is Joseph Tarpani right Dealleian. Probably he's a game changer for the Sharks. Like I've been back therefore, I think it's just I don't have.
Speaker 4: A kangaroo mate. We don't have an origin player.
Speaker 2: Adam Phenol Blake is a game changer for the Sharks wardback.
Speaker 1: He's a game that in context, Dave, I don't want to say the outside backs get cheap meters, but you've got to imagine a lot of those Phenola Blake meters are post contact. That's a lot of effort and to top everyone of the outside back mate.
Speaker 4: Do you like his outfit, guys, it's very traus traditional.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'll be playing for Tolerant Boys.
Speaker 4: Sure, yeah, so special.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, seriously, when I started, there were hardly any Marys from the colmn Yeah, you know, well Polynesian boys. Who's the first tartner Henry Tarta, the goal kicking Saint George front rower.
Speaker 4: At the side tooga, the forfeita at Cronulla at Georgia. You know they were.
Speaker 5: And I've done stories just before it started, back in the seventies with that point zero two percent Polynesians now about fifty five, and that.
Speaker 4: Brings so much to this comp a little lost season project. I have a look at growing, but I do it.
Speaker 1: He's not here, Yeah, I'm sure he's around for consultation in Greece.
Speaker 4: If I if I make the call, can I.
Speaker 5: Tell them what my story idea is for the off season, my comeback column next year, I'm going to apply to be a player manager. I'm going to go through the process and so well, I don't have a wrap on a lot of player managers. I think some of them shouldn't be involved. I want to know how they get on there.
Speaker 4: Can you be my agent? Sorry, be my agent.
Speaker 13: I don't want to do talent. Last night you wanted to go in the A v C trying to get your payers. I wouldn't get near the joint. You'd get me apartment and talk to me last week.
Speaker 1: Or you offered last night to come and sit next to Russell Jackson during his annual review with me as his agent. When she was credited that anything.
Speaker 4: Fun to do?
Speaker 1: These guys become managers, do a buzy story. Imagine that what the buzz? Call um on Sunday?
Speaker 4: What's the buzz?
Speaker 14: And with a stamp on it credited He's going to be the first part of target. Thanks mate, you seeing Fox triple and.
Speaker 4: You you you're four gigs?
Speaker 6: Well yeah you're to head again ahead again. You might still credit you must still monster off him.
Speaker 4: Again. I don't know what about the I just want to do it for story. I don't want to manage anyway because you think you have to be authentic that you want to be a manager. I don't think they just put anyone through the court. Can you can you put the can you put the management fees accredit?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 4: Can you claim it on your work had limited self employed expense. You have to expense it. Expense it. I'll be talking about him about expense. You can expense it, and then you can pick up a player. Look at this, he's all over. He's all over. There will phase out of his media crucirated to player management this company.
Speaker 3: Nice from Dave.
Speaker 4: That's very good.
Speaker 3: Back rolls of the year Elietoa.
Speaker 7: Was a lock and twer debatable for me. Who do you have You had a great year, no doubt. Billy Army kickout, Yeah that's fair. Yeah, I'm happy with.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm the same. I'm the same as bars. I'm happy with the kick out. I would have been fine with as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Harry Grant hooker, walk up start, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Strong back half of the year as well. Yeah, perhats you first. I looked with the only one that I think is the five one.
Speaker 4: Are you happy with that? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, just the five is probably the only one where I'll go. I definitely would have gone. Royce Simmons said, I was a is the greatest for what he's ever seen in.
Speaker 4: Some good ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, such a smart footballer. Yeah, and you know, extraordinary has gone past. Steve Carter is the most capped panther ever. Like he's just the way his career has evolved from outside back, okay, first grade into one of the games elite. The last twenty minutes against he just put the foot down and just ripped through and said I'm going.
Speaker 5: I like his speeches to last night. You know, he just said we left the last three comps at the door and went about again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, crazy, right, Grand Final news? Can we talk about that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Isn't ISAA playing that game?
Speaker 1: We have seamlessly transitioned us into Grand Final conversation like a good host.
Speaker 4: It's all right.
Speaker 3: So well we haven't spoken about Craig Bellamy versus Ivan Cleary. Well, a bit of a coach ub last night. The Dalliums too.
Speaker 4: A lot of coaches out there there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was easy to say he was there, Bellamy, Fitzgibbon, Peydon, Ben Hornby, and who was Soroudo?
Speaker 1: I think I'll miss someone, And well they were Craig and they were Craig Bellamy for Coach of the year.
Speaker 6: Good did anyone how can anyone ever argu with the minor premiers four points clear of the year and completely dominated if they went it was either him or Hour.
Speaker 4: You could make a case for them.
Speaker 2: The other two guys, well, not for me for Ivan this year, but you could make a.
Speaker 6: Case for because I haven't got to this point in time without Nathan Cleary for the I get.
Speaker 4: That, but how many it often goes the most improved.
Speaker 5: Yeah, someone who's bought sixteenth, which Cameron Surround did, sational job.
Speaker 4: Last two coaches have been Rookie of the Year and haven't gone so gone it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he deserves thoroughly. No zero issue here, and probably that's the way I would have voted.
Speaker 5: But the argument is where do these two men stand in the all time great coaches? To play in the fifth straight Grand Final game for four straight or Bellamy extraordinary success twenty years nineteen finals appearance has only one missed out with the salary cap I think think it's twelve of the last fourteen years he's finished in the top four.
Speaker 4: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: And can we talk about the fact that they were if we're talking horse racing, there are three lengths behind Brisbane and Penrith last year the storm weren't they they weren't They weren't in the same class and so they've gone away in the off season and whatever it is they've done, they have blown everyone off the park. They have not only caught up with it, they've gone pass from the regular season by a long way. And that's I think that gets overlooked a little bit because because we're so used to seeing them up top of the ladder and doing so well.
Speaker 3: You said that top four record.
Speaker 1: Buzz is remarkable, but to re establish themselves as that power and a lot of pressure now on Pedith because this is the you look at Penrith's Grand Final wins. I'm not saying they snuck away, but they really close against South They blew paramatter off the park and really close within a whisker of losing the broncos it shows you how tight the comp is and a fully fledged fit Melbourne team, although without Neilson, a soft of Solomona big ars Well.
Speaker 7: I think I think when you talk about that transition from last year Mobsie, I think Nelson needed to kick up the backside. And remembering too that he had all the contract drama going on he had, he came back, he came back through reserve grade shouldn't right and and he needed to kick up the back So I do understand how important he is to this team, which is why, which is why you've got to have a little bit of a concern about on Sunday because he's not there.
Speaker 4: And I also think they've got a much more consistent back five than last year. They were going through.
Speaker 7: Remus Smith and a high rotation of different wingers and they just had no consistency. Now they've got Warbrick, Coats, Olin was in and out last year, and Coats Nickman is a so solid as and obviously Jack Outworthy Nick Mickmnee is a really good point, Dave.
Speaker 6: Having him at home on that center spot and just been that pillar there and being consistent, and you know, obviously played a lot of fullback last year because of Pappenhausen's injury and then the emergence of your man.
Speaker 5: Howth buzz Yeah, and guys, just back quickly back to Bellamy and Cleary, the coaches. We've got all these matchups we just rave about Edwards, pappenhaus and Leui, Munster, Hughes Cleary, you know, and there's so many good but the biggest matchups has two coaches, and I guarantee you this game is so tight. That's one tactical. You see him on the walk, you talk is all the time, will belly it gets someone else to do it. It could come down to one smart little call those their clash is as important as the fullback.
Speaker 1: And I can't take your point seriously from a bloke who's self confessed it's not really great on tactics.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, imagine the ratings.
Speaker 5: They all turn off, sit down. But you're right though, it's you know why he's a copy ab C. You have done very well on Sundays, which is his st.
Speaker 4: What about Saturday is pretty good too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they've had a good survey, beat beat your other station and had a bad survey.
Speaker 6: Now you can walk short well a b C have won the ratings on a Sunday, Well you haven't.
Speaker 4: You finished lavel both on nine point eight. Okay, that's pretty good. Sorry both six point eight and Saturday just short of GB. That's sure day you didn't, just for sure, But I reckon if we compared the leadings and the turnaround, we jump a way higher. Bobby Luke Lewis's fault Saturdays good ratings though, buzz I'm now aligned with triple M. Three weeks of invoices a big sports breakfast triple ranking there.
Speaker 9: I have a few that would have been during your period. Actually you started something here, was not it was during the Olympics.
Speaker 4: And when did you fill in and go away?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: These guys are away crumblard? So what do I do? Shut up with you? Probably was probably right, he's radio saying that.
Speaker 1: But what I do?
Speaker 5: Rugby League Heartland is sitting in Brisbane. So I combined the figures and triple m wings?
Speaker 4: Have you always combined? The figures? Two six are a funny thing. They can be twisted a genders lane. I'm looking forward to getting a wrap on Sunday's paper Bush. What do you want to say? You won't be get?
Speaker 1: And I mentioned, stop, what about what about his triple king last night? How do you enjoy being part of the triple m group now? And I thought, I said, that's Dad.
Speaker 4: Jesus throwing me off that little thing. You said you started it next But I'm going to double check that. What period of covered can you? You talk about the bloody Olympics?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: And they wonder why they feel But I.
Speaker 5: Switched on driving into work one day, Mark Levy Restaurant to broadcaster was calling table tennis.
Speaker 4: China Verse someone I wonder why give us ago? It was the worst radio ever? Back to ground.
Speaker 3: Can you find any weaknesses in these teams, anything that can be exploited?
Speaker 4: Good question? Clear? Possibly clear? Show is just a ticking time, right, he could play. Schneider's on the bench.
Speaker 6: He could play a minute, or he could play the next like they don't have games, but he could play all the next season and be sweet. Right, It's just one of those things with the shoulder. I think Melbourne's weakness is probably.
Speaker 4: The bench rotation.
Speaker 6: Maybe I think Penrith have the edge and forwards well shown p Long, but he's gonna have to play a fair few minutes now with Nelson minutes Lazarus comes onto the bench, you know, and that's he just shifts that where you know. Lindsay Smith and Liam Henry been outstanding for Penrith.
Speaker 3: They could be the difference maker.
Speaker 4: That's that's That's probably one area for go I'd.
Speaker 7: Go at Al, I'd go the rookies in this big occasion. If I'm Melbourne, I'd go at even Luke Garner in the back row there.
Speaker 4: You didn't have a club this time last year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, to Dave Rialo during the week, I might do something on Sunday unbonded.
Speaker 4: The dogs took right and the dogs talks and cherry and yeah, that's unprofessional. I go.
Speaker 7: I think I think the Storm's weaknesses is this loss of Nelson. He's been able to start them on the front foot in the first twenty minutes in each of their big games and he's not there. And it's going to be on either two we coming Methro or Christian Welsh to to try and replicate that.
Speaker 4: I just don't know if they can yep, and weakness. I don't know. Well, Nathan shoulders one of them.
Speaker 7: As I said, I'd go after their most inexperienced in this arena.
Speaker 6: Look one of the weakness and this is and as the height advantage that the Melbourne wingers have, you know, it's just like you've got warbrick and.
Speaker 4: Coat to tower over to outstanding wingers.
Speaker 2: Outstanding, Yeah, more than hold their own.
Speaker 5: But I can't get over Grand trianles. Wingers used to carry handbags, they used to mate. They did nothing that.
Speaker 6: They could be that could be the difference in such a tight game, a pinpoint kicking game with those big wingers.
Speaker 1: Dave's doing a project for the weekend talking about where the Storm players were discovered. And I can't wait to hear your your line about war Brick and the calls with Belly a really good just to their due diligence about getting the right guys in.
Speaker 5: This management called Michael Hudson right and someone told me the story. During the week Hudson saw were playing on TV day yep at some sevens or nine tournament. You've got his number, texts are you interested in the league? Do you have a manager? The text came back was yes, interesting in league.
Speaker 4: No, I don't have a manager. So Hudson picked him up.
Speaker 7: He had to do a zoom chat with Bell and Frank Ponici before they signed him.
Speaker 4: Wow, it was the stories.
Speaker 5: This is because the pendeth one you did last year. That's better, is it? Remember it's jim Jones terrific.
Speaker 4: Wow. I think it was cross the top, Dame.
Speaker 3: Thanks man and.
Speaker 4: Jimmy, you've made you made a good year. We had a good year. We've got a review next week on what asked for that. That's part of it self. Employed. No one reviews, you know that, no one reviews one thing.
Speaker 1: He was looking forward to when he stept away, it was just doesn't have to answer to any of them.
Speaker 4: Well you may cut me that. Well, it's not a back ended contract.
Speaker 1: It's ly side Dave, where they were all taking under the stay together. I love that chat later. I love that chat later.
Speaker 4: Who wins Dave? Melbourne? Melbourne?
Speaker 7: I think they've been so dominant throughout this entire final series. Yeah, if Crenula were better, if Cronulla had some class about them, some elite level capabilities as a roster, they could have pushed Penrith last week.
Speaker 4: I'm going Melbourne.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it's really it's it's I didn't like that from him. I thought he could have been a little better for our audience.
Speaker 6: I just think the class of well, they're both good side and finally really hard to tip because you look at the last couple of Grand finals and you know, I think Penrith and last particularly last two, I thought that was going to be clear Cup winners. The first one against Sous I think was a bit tougher because you had the benefactor and things like that. But I'm tipping Penrith, but with no confidence. It's the grand final that the game deserves. Because you've got the two clearly easy the best two sides in the competition, and I think we could have an all time great game.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I feel this the year that Penrith finally going to get caught out with losing champions. And I'm talking to Stephen Crichton and you mentioned a LAMORDI fills that role, and Tailor May's gone and Burton and kick Our and Hopcore. You know, they've just lost so many and this storm. So while they've got this sensational spine. I love their three quarter line and Nick Mooney is a very very good center. How is an outstanding footballer. We've spoken about their wingers, their edge forwards, you know, Blaw and Katawa. They're powerful and they've just got massive workhorses in the middle positions, you know, and.
Speaker 4: They've been the best side of a year. I think they'll win. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 7: If it comes down to goal kicking, it's going to be interesting, which is the big possibility of.
Speaker 4: These records as good as clear as a struggles does it? Yeah, yeah, so clear he could have the edge there. Well let's go back on that with it happened. Yeah, Well, I'm I'm going with the Panthers.
Speaker 1: It's like Michael George, you're the champions until you're not, and I think they've earned it. I think I agree with you about the Cronulla game last week, but I go back to the week before against the Roosters and how dominant they were early. And to your point, Mick about the different Grand finals that they've faced the last couple of years. They've they've still found ways to win and you still see him growing as a football side, in adapting to pressure and that.
Speaker 4: So I think they're middles.
Speaker 1: I think the Liam Henry and Lindsay Smith coming on after that first stint of the big Boppers will be crucial and that's a lot of pressure. The other guy there is Dylan Edwards, who I think his work in the middle to tire out those Melbourne forwards. I mean you see the way he just bobs in and around and creates drama for people. You know, if Dylan Edwards is a nine out of ten, then penrith win I reckon.
Speaker 4: I just I love the matchup between the halves as well.
Speaker 6: You've got the best player in the game, the best player of this season, up against the best player in the game. Yeah, and you know, we've seen Nathan just own big moments of the last couple of seasons when it's maddened, even against the Sharks on Saturday night forty twenty into setting up a try, and that was when his side had nothing going on, you know. Yeah, and Jerome has just been outstanding off the back of a daily m a lot. There's matchups, Gore, Honestly, it should be an amazing game.
Speaker 4: Buzzy.
Speaker 1: Interesting quotes from Craig Bellamy at the Dallims talking about how Jerome Hughes needed to find that confidence in his day but he hadn't quite got his twenty nine now and he's won the Dallim and he said he's finally got it and he didn't want to go. He looked like he was really happy with the mentality of he was, didn't he He tried to contain himself a bit, but I thought that was really telling.
Speaker 5: Yes, absolutely too. What I liked about his speech. He confirmed what I wrote a couple of years ago. Had a massive stint with Cooper Kronk about it when Cooper was coaching theis Harps and the Melbourne Harps.
Speaker 4: Well he did. Jame gave Cooper rat last night from making a half pack he did? He did?
Speaker 3: How's that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't have any problems. We acknowledge each other and go about our business.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: He did a good job with Vonnie last night. Yeah, Cooper, I thought that was good.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: I listen to questions this is year part and this is I really like this gets good Tiger cast.
Speaker 6: If Jerome Lewai was on the market from November one this year instead of last year, how much would he be worth and how many clubs would be after him? Say he signed for the Tigers. We were saying around one point two mill. Where does Jerome Lewi sit down?
Speaker 4: Boys?
Speaker 7: I think he's I don't think you can go much more than that. That's that's a massive deal, Like what are we running away from it? It's a huge deal, Like what do you go to one point three? That's about more all you can invest in side a salary cap on one player helped me.
Speaker 5: The biggest story next year in that he's playing without Fisher, Harris, Leo, Martin, Clear Clear and Edwards.
Speaker 4: One point two is a fair price.
Speaker 2: I guess that the question is would there be more clubs in for him?
Speaker 6: Because you've had Cannibury into him and the Tiger's in for him, and that was probably it as far as we're last year.
Speaker 2: I think that's a fair statement. I think there would have been eight more clubs in for him.
Speaker 4: Dragons. Dragons didn't want to go near him at all, you know.
Speaker 5: I think that now you know, well, it's market barrier, I guess might push him up another fifty.
Speaker 2: I don't think the Broncos could afford him, but all these parts would be in for him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, No, that's a fair point for sure. So I think that's probably where. So I thry you could name ten clubs. I think that you know where he could have ended up. So I think that's a good point. Matt wants to Noah, the roosters be angry that Nelson wasn't sent off last week, surely bar upholding the grade and giving a big band. The NROL admitted and it was a send off of fence. If a player's been forty five matches, that's a sendoff. Both boys from Matt.
Speaker 5: Well stuffed it up. It wasn't a Grade three, so it wasn't a send off. It was at ten in the bin. It was a Grade two at most.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but then the judiciary upheld the grade three. Yeah, but judiciary got it wrong too, a lot of people getting the wrong. Well, you know, it wasn't it great. I don't think it was either. No, they great? Was it grade too mobs? Yeah? I think too. They stuffed up.
Speaker 6: But I get the point from Matt that considering it was a grade three charge and then found guilty of if you're grade three, that's a sendoff.
Speaker 4: So I can't understand it in theory. Yes, but that's that wasn't a sendoff, Nelson.
Speaker 7: But the time the referee and the video referee aren't grading tackle of course, Yeah, so that ain't it's going to be four to five.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, they're just great. They're just looking at the.
Speaker 7: Tackle and they're not saying that at this point in time, that's not a sendoff.
Speaker 4: And Ortel wants to say, why wasn't Shane Funning agating coaches of the year because he watched the three games? What's his name? I think maybe they're taking the mickey because I think you declared him coach of the year. No I didn't. I said he was a contender. He was a month Say can you go to the tape base.
Speaker 2: Winsdadia WINSDA and windsor what the hell is Flanna doing? Regarded middles, Buzzer's mate was talking big recruitment players when he got the job and he signed two blokes they weren't required at their clubs in cooking vow but that without a decent prop they aren't improving. Please tell me it's not Lodge and Dylan also asked anything about Dragon signings.
Speaker 6: That was a great signing. I could play fullback. That was very good signing given Zack Lomak cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they don't need what's happened with Campbell good? I think he'll be going at the titles is the word? If they move A don't know what.
Speaker 15: Lodge is a legitimate chance in fairness, when built Coronella with Louis and Michaelis and players Gow was this man there?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Lodges, it's a legitimate chance are happening. But at the same time wind studying Windsock. There's not a plethora of quality middles around. They could have a crack at leader.
Speaker 5: Who's the fellow They had an under nine Assue was nearly man of the match New South Wales meet.
Speaker 4: Do you know I do my goodness mobs play for in South Wales Origin a few years. Very very special. I could have that wrong, but yeah, you keep going. I'll have a little look.
Speaker 6: Brad wants to know with these times of hardship, can the a r LC reduce the cost of jerseys as parents are struggling and who was in charge of price in food and drink of the grounds? Maybe we can look at how the Americans treat their supporters. That's what you've been banging on about for a while.
Speaker 5: Buzz chart one day to see where all the money goes and what the manufacturer gets, what rebel sports gets, what the NRL gets as a merchandise, see what the club gets.
Speaker 4: And it's got to be just can't go on, you know.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, yeah, I was Loco junior, pacifica tongua, Yeah, pacifica tongue.
Speaker 4: Yeah you say him played day. Yeah he might even be a bench you know he's at all, but.
Speaker 1: He's yeah, what about it? He was up against Salva for Queensland and that under nineteen. Nice couple of good young props coming through Tim.
Speaker 6: There's often talk around consistencies, but never in a relation to the correlation to sim Bins to suspension. So we'll regularly see a tackle get binned and then just a fine and there's no sin bin but a followed by a suspension.
Speaker 2: Surely that needs to be fixed. Different, they're different bodies. I think that's the issue. We've sort of touched on matter views Independent, you know.
Speaker 4: And as Dave said, the referees on the run not thinking a gratings, they're just dealing with independence. The Independent always sitne him on a Herald columnist, Roy Masters sitting on the storm table that's not had a good chat to Roy, did you well, do you have a problem with that? Really? What Roy? And he staying you don't sit on you, Sir George, his career and his life.
Speaker 5: Is Roy retired now he's no, it's definitely economist created the Les Boyd controversy.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah this year at all the fame. Let's not go there.
Speaker 6: Randy wants to know, with Buzz bringing up fifty years in journalim next next season, this guy's.
Speaker 4: It's not fifteen February twenty six.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, so Randy, with Buzz bringing up forty nine years in journal the next season, journalism.
Speaker 4: Next season and with that once it suspects retirement. Will he be doing a Steve war style farewell to or across all media media or simply walk off into the sunset like his great mate Stirler. So Randy's obviously followed your career very closely. I don't know what's the plan, buzzy boy, what's the plan? Plan? Year by plan? Yeah, on a year by you deal, idea after next year.
Speaker 6: At the time I met Trip trying to keep him approached, it is very much fungry. That is the flatnel going.
Speaker 4: You're going to rack up fifteen into work? Can I do that? Can you take it? I'm off at I'm off at the agent.
Speaker 5: Triple m have plummeted. I don't think I'll make Joey's little spot on the footy shower. No fewell talk something. The book will be good. The book will be great.
Speaker 4: The book will be good. Have you started? I started? I made notes and subheads, so you have started. I'm going to get where they're doing. He's leaving the Herald a Webby. He's on the market as well. Beautiful sports.
Speaker 3: Trying to be with that in Pingilly last night. Terrific fella, really good guy. He won't like a lot of people like a lot of people work.
Speaker 5: With buy yeah too, I'm going to Chinese with some friends. Yeah, Chinese. Yeah, I love China, which one can't comment. I don't want listeners turning up there wanting a selfie post three sixty Yeah yeah yeah, let me make up on and I look pretty good with.
Speaker 4: The three six.
Speaker 7: Let me ask another way, what's one of your favorite Chinese restaurants to go to? If you're going to get it with Chinese restaurant?
Speaker 5: I love x A pig Pee Darling Harbor. When you get the show the Old King one, the New Chinese Canal is good.
Speaker 4: I haven't tried it. No, very good, very good.
Speaker 3: You're not in the mood for some China.
Speaker 5: I won't ever go to Pronto Love. He is a good broadcast as a restaurant, No, thank you.
Speaker 4: I'll head there at some points.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll give it. Well, I'll try Schnitzel. It's not it's not far from home for us to go home. I have to do a little team bonding session there or something.
Speaker 4: Well, David and I are in Yeah, because I'm too worried about her. I might bump into a few enemies. Well, they want a free for you buggers. Are you going to make money? I'm going Sharks presentation night. What are you presenting? What are you the running for about?
Speaker 7: You know you guys Johnny chach well, Johnny Leach. Yes, photographer, he has been made redundant. The Sharks are presenting him, are they? Hopefully he's aware of this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going to talk about so and your producer and get that. I think we should. You're a.
Speaker 2: That's one of the great veji when I was the leader. Yeah, great photographer.
Speaker 4: I don't know what we're doing, mane. Just what are you doing? No idea? What are your man Well? I got him late last night up early this morning in it should be one of these husbands who takes an interest in the fridge and me. I do all the cleaning up buzz. That's my job.
Speaker 2: A dishwasher. Someone's going to scrub it and pack it and unpack.
Speaker 4: The chores to do. I do lots of chores there, washing, hang out, Yeah, that's what I don't do. I do very minimal cooking.
Speaker 3: All right, my friend they caught at the Dallians last night.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I changed my mind. Sat with some drama.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I used to was tray mistake he was blaming. Asked for someone reading his mum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll texted his mom out of control.
Speaker 1: Well, a bit of a late night as well, so we're not playing. But I think for that typho, it's always a good go.
Speaker 4: So is it that your back up from a hangover? Just a short turn?
Speaker 1: I didn't get home till after one, get tired from there's a ross noise.
Speaker 3: I think it's called the Rebel Park. Yeah, does very well.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't support one of Fletcher's Asian restaurants at the least.
Speaker 3: Well, it's it's local for me, so yeah, and don't I don't mind the craft.
Speaker 4: Brian Fletcher. The Panthers was a story we can't. It was disgraceful, it was fun. It was a very good story. Save it for the book.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, Well, enjoy your Green File, every one, Love your w