Speaker 1: Hey, beauties, it's Jamie, Joe and Jessmasud and welcome Disk Influence, a podcast dedicated to beauty, fashion and self love, turning your.
Speaker 2: Weakness into your uniqueness.
Speaker 3: Before we get started.
Speaker 1: We like to acknowledge the custodians of the land on which we record, the gatherical people of the urination we swear. Twenty twenty four has been in fast forward and we thought it was time to give you a little media review on our favorite products so far.
Speaker 2: We are going to be hitting everything so you can give yourself a full foot.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 2: It's been a really big year already for beauty in Australia.
Speaker 1: It has and also the year has flown by, Like I cannot believe that we are in New August.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so scary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like Summer countdown is officially.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean there's been some really really cool and exciting things. And my favorite thing to mention that I got a little inside scoop on is Mecha is opening a five story, five story Mecha in Melbourne that is crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I know, there's a three story on George Street in Sydney which is already so such a good story, five stories.
Speaker 3: Like what's going to be in there?
Speaker 2: Well, I have a few little inside scoops. There's going to be things like, you know, amazing studios and spaces for like skin procedures, what do you call them, facials for facials, and there's even going to be spaces for education that's and master classes. So it's going to be like really special. I'm so excited and I'll definitely be making the trip down.
Speaker 4: Just as we're going to have to head down to Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, Mecca's just doing amazing things, like even in Australia, we've had the Glossy Air launch which is so exciting, and the Tower twenty eight launch.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So there's just some phenomenal brands coming and there's just lots and lots of really cool things happening in the beauty space.
Speaker 4: For those who don't know what is Tower twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Well it's just a really massive, super popular brand in America, just like with really really cult favorite products.
Speaker 1: I love when we Australians get finally get the like, oh my gosh, I really want to see like REFI more here exactly, Like the brands that are so like they're so in your face on TikTok and we just can't access that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think the Mecca's trying their best to bring those over.
Speaker 4: So you know, they're doing a really good jobathy.
Speaker 3: I mean, loss yeer is massive.
Speaker 2: Finally having Glossier like that is a cult favorite in the beauty world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let's like get into our midyear wrap up faves.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is like the Spotify wrap up but yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So true, like these are the things we can't put down that you guys need in your kit or even our favorite launchers.
Speaker 3: So let's get into it.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, So starting shown with the glossierbarm dot com.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really cool.
Speaker 2: It's like the barm dot com. It's twenty seven dollars. That's one thing I was really really.
Speaker 3: Surprised by by Glossier. It's actually quite affordable.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not crazy, like twenty seven dollars for a lip product, although it sounds crazy now, is actually not crazy compared to the rest of the market exactly.
Speaker 2: And I've been using this recently and I just love it. It's so hydrating. The colors are really really pretty and just iconic. I don't know the packaging so exactly. It's like just having something from Glossier it makes me just feel.
Speaker 3: So I don't know who, just really like it.
Speaker 4: It's just so fun to have in my kid.
Speaker 1: What do you How do you feel about the perfume from Glossier? Oh okay, guys, this is a cult favorite perfume. It's called Glossier You, and the packaging is really really cool, so different.
Speaker 2: However, as a you know, fragrance lover, it's not my favorite thing. I just think that it's just a bit.
Speaker 3: Me, isn't It's supposed to like merge to your skin.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is, so I think it really works on some people super well, but on me it just kind of gives nothing. It's giving nothing, unfortunately. But I like love most other things from Glossier. So so that that's made the list exactly exactly. Okay, another lip products we're going to go in like sections. So we're on lips right now. This a Mani Prisma glass lip gloss. Oh my goodness, gracious meat. So it is the best lip launch of like not even twenty four.
Speaker 3: I'm obsessed with it.
Speaker 2: The lip gloss formula is phenomenal. They base this formula off of like glass lip trend like it's giving full, it's giving.
Speaker 3: Smooth, yeah, like really smooth snow fine lines. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it's such a beautiful formula. So it is sixty five dollars guys, like it is our money, bitty.
Speaker 1: But I love the shade like they have this really it looks super bright pink in packaging. Yeah, but when you pair it with like a brown lipliner, it's delicious.
Speaker 3: It looks so good. It's shade O two.
Speaker 2: It's like the perfect bunny tongue pink. Has anyone seen bunny?
Speaker 4: Well that makes sense.
Speaker 2: There's this trend on TikTok there's a photo of a bunny with like the prettiest tongue and the color pink of it. Everyone's been trying to match like their lips to that color. I know, but it's been like a hunt for the best bunny tongue pink.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is it, This is the way. So it's O two.
Speaker 4: It's such a beautiful, beautiful shade.
Speaker 2: I'm obsessed with it and just the formula, like, oh my gosh, there's nothing else like it on the market, So I think it's worth the splurge. And it's a really good gift.
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, now to Coincialer. I have a new found favorite consiler, And honestly, I don't strain much from my usual like seven Stone products, my creature of habit. Yeah, but this one has made that habit list. It's the Bobby Brown Conceal a stick and.
Speaker 4: It's like these little, tiny, tiny.
Speaker 1: Sticks, but it lasts a really long time. Yeah, And you just wind it up and you put it on. And the formula is really different to like a liquid formula. It's kind of thicker, it's like a cream. But the way it pats out looks so natural, and the way it covers pimples.
Speaker 3: Or like pigmentation is insane. Like, it's so good.
Speaker 1: I use this by itself and just the tiniest bit of blush before I go to UNI, and I look like I'm wearing no makeup, but I look really awake.
Speaker 3: And just fresh.
Speaker 2: Well. I think Bobby Brown flies under the radar because we kind of forget about them as a brand, But their formulas are really good. I don't think I've tried a product from them that's bad exactly. Their formulas are amazing. So this one is fifty seven dollars from Mecha. Obviously, you know it's on the pricey side. Bobby Brown is more of a luxury brand, but the formula has lasted a long time and it's so efforless.
Speaker 1: And another reason why it's my favorite that sometimes I struggle with the undertones of concealer, like it's either too warm or to olive, and I have like a very neutral but ten undertone. Yeah, so it's hard to find products that work for that, and this one has a really good neutral color.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's such a great product around.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Next up is muscara, and this muscara is fairly new on the market, and it's the adult muscara from Lancom. It's such a good muscara. Oh my goodness, gracious, I think that this kind of tops every other mascara I've ever owned.
Speaker 4: Wow, but why you have like a little personal story.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I wore this muscara every single day when I was doing West Side Story and this was outside. So we did this musical outside on the harbor in very harsh you know, city, diditions. And one night we were doing America, which is like the big thing in musical like theater history ever, and it was pouring bucketing down rain and I got off stage, and my eyelashes looked phenomenal and everyone's leaking, Yeah, everyone mudges down their face, and my eyelashes were looking perfect.
Speaker 4: Actually, your whole makeup was Yeah, I said something exactly.
Speaker 2: But honestly, yeah, it's a great musca. It's not waterproof, however, it lasts so well in the like in the water, the rain. Yeah, so if you're crying, you know.
Speaker 1: A good crying cryproof mosquitoes, it's a criproof Mouscaro is in toxic relationship.
Speaker 4: You should leave those leave him. In the first half of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: It really just gives like a full fan effect and it's so black. Yeah, I think like they used to be like you look at it like your mum's makeup.
Speaker 1: Yes, also kind of unattainable too, but Jamie's worked with Peter, so I've been using the stuff exactly.
Speaker 2: But now they're kind of shifting their marketing to be a little bit more like young and fresh, and it's working because stuff.
Speaker 3: They're definitely on the social media scene.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now the next product is like a launch that we're really looking forward to trying out in the second half of the year.
Speaker 3: New launch. It's a new launch.
Speaker 1: It's the Makeup Mario Serum Bronza. It's sixty two dollars from Sephora, and I honestly love makeup by Mario and we've spoken about them before. It's really really good brand, so much artistry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is what your celebrities are wearing on stage, guys, like this is the brand.
Speaker 1: On red carpets. I feel like makeup by Mari like that. That just makes sense to me, Yeah, it does.
Speaker 2: So this is a really interesting formula and I haven't seen a bronza like this in a long time. So it's extremely sheer and like weight, and it really is a serum Bronza. So it's not that you know, thick, creamy, heavy cream.
Speaker 3: Contour like you're going to.
Speaker 2: No, it's more about having this really effortless bronze that blends perfectly into the rest of your face. And it's honestly even so glowy and sheer that you could use it underneath foundation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think that's how I would probably like use it moving forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again, beautiful like color range from Mario. It's just a really good staple product and I think it's going to be amazing in summer time for us.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, I think shifting into spring summer, this is going to be like the ecurl product.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred, So keep your eyes on this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The next SUO products are kind of like these are our staples. They're never leaving our top five lists. They always make the top. Nothing has been good enough to replace them thus far. But this is the Gisou hair mask. It's seventy eight dollars from Mecca. It's like in this big tub and it's not actually designed specifically for curly hair, but the way I just use this in replacement of conditioner is just the best effect for my hair. I think this really turned my curls around.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I love the brand all round, and we haven't spoken about them much, but they are an incredible brand. So what if you don't know the backstory behind the creator? Her family were bee keepers and she used to use honey a lot in all of her beauty like routines and rituals, and honey is such a powerful tool for beauty, so she created a hair brand around the honey from her like bees in at It Farm, and it exploded.
Speaker 4: Because the products are so beautiful.
Speaker 2: And they've got so much like rich, incredible ingredients.
Speaker 1: It's so lux, but it's not like lux prices. It's like mid range. It's like, well, you can get hair products way more expensively. Oh yeah, definitely the amount that you're getting as well. Like it's a big tub.
Speaker 4: It is a big tub, and it's so worth it.
Speaker 2: You don't need a lot And I think that there's like a really good kind of protein structure in there for curly hair that doesn't overdo it.
Speaker 1: It gives you these I don't use it every time I wash my hair, like I've got my usual products. This is when I need a good hair reset, like I need my culs to come back to life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it brings them back.
Speaker 2: Honestly, a lot of products from gifts You are amazing, So you should try them if you ever get the chance of really great Yeah. I love the packaging too, it's so cute.
Speaker 3: It's so curly girl. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we obviously have a favorite hair gel and it is the Curly Girl Movement hairgel. It is the best on the market.
Speaker 3: I've never tried to heldel. It's the best hairdel on the market. I've never tried a hairshel that.
Speaker 2: I like more than this, and it is a bit hard to get in Australia.
Speaker 4: That's the only downfall to bread.
Speaker 2: So annoying. But if you are going to you know, pay for shipping, you might as well got a few products from the brand. They also have a great hand mask. But this gel is so lightweight and it does an amazing job at locking in all that moisture for the curly girls.
Speaker 3: It's just so so good. Game changer. This one's a game changer.
Speaker 1: And then something new on the scene for us in twenty twenty four was the Gem Electric toothbrushes.
Speaker 2: Yes, wow, I like we both have the exact same electric toothbrush and it is so good.
Speaker 3: I love it. It's got three settings.
Speaker 1: It's got sensitive yeap, whitening, yeah, whitening, and then clean and clean.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I use the clean one every day.
Speaker 3: What do you use? Are used sensitive? Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh see, I'm like I I'm the type of girl who brushes her teeth for three minutes.
Speaker 1: Well, the first time I used an electric toothbrush, my mom, Yeah, it was like, what's going on? I was giggling because it tickled so much, Like it took me like three weeks to get used.
Speaker 4: To the feeling of an electric toothbrush that's tickle so much.
Speaker 3: I've never like.
Speaker 1: Made myself feel ticklish before. I didn't think it was possible electric toothbrush.
Speaker 3: If you've never used it, Oh my gosh, I've never like, are you serious.
Speaker 4: I was like, that's so funny.
Speaker 2: It's just a really really good toothbrush. It's seventy five dollars, but you know it's there.
Speaker 4: You just replace the head and it lasts like the battery last.
Speaker 2: The battery and all yeat is just like a regular charger to charge it. Yeah, you know, you don't need batteries, which is really annoying. But I just think that like oral care is so important and.
Speaker 3: Bread is super cute. I love their marketing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I love how they're making like oral care really cute and.
Speaker 2: Fun exactly, like it's making it like a little bit.
Speaker 3: Sexy, yeah, you know, little bit cutes. See.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really I really like this toothbrush. I think if you're on the hunt for something new, stop buying those shitty ones that you throw out every three weeks.
Speaker 3: Just stop doing it. Just just buy one that's good. It's also better for the environment. Very true.
Speaker 2: So there's another kind of staple thing for me that's only come into my fragrance collection because it is a collection now that I'm really loving so much, and it's not as widely known, you know, like in the regular beauty like market. However, in the fragrance community, it is a niche fragrance and I'm obsessed with it. And it's actually an Arab fragrance, so you know, I feel nice and connected to our heritage and it is so delicious. It smells like a strawberry milkshake, so you're giving a bit of command with this, and it's called Yara from Latafa, and Latafa have so many amazing niche fragrances for like a nice affordable price, and they last longer than any luxury fragrance I've ever used.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you something like these Arab perfumes they last like no other perfume that as on the normal market, like you said, but also they are way more affordable, way way way more affordable. And this is something that creeped in in early twenty twenty four, Like every time we go to like the area, we're getting these Arab perfumes and actually They're like fifty dollars for this del smelling perfume that you can't find anywhere on your normal shelves. So if you want to push that into your second half of twenty twenty four, we highly highly aret it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can actually just get this off Amazon as well if you're not able to get in store like they have like little stores in Marylands or paramatter where you can buy this, But you can buy it on Amazon, which is amazing. It's only fifty seven dollars, it lasts a long time, and on your skin, it just it just has this incredible like.
Speaker 3: Projection hGe in projection.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're gonna smell like a really yummy gormand strawberry gal It's so delish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really good to like, you have this one in the car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: So every time I'm driving your car and I forgot to book perfume on like, I'm like, yes, I'm in Jamie's car. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's becoming like one of my signature sens. I really like them. Yeah, Okay, to wrap things up, this is a product that really flies under the radar as well. I want to bring it to the forefront of your minds because it is such an amazing moisturize up for your body and the smell is going to be really familiar to you guys, well.
Speaker 4: For the curly girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So this is Shay Moistures Coconut and high Biscus body lotion.
Speaker 3: They've got a hair.
Speaker 2: Product that like broke the internet because it was like one of the first curly masks on like the scene.
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially in Australia.
Speaker 1: And honestly, this is crazy because it has the exact same smell exact which is delicious, but for your body.
Speaker 3: And he kind of threw me off at first. I was like, is this a hair product?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Jesse was like what are you Why are you using that in your bod?
Speaker 4: I was just using the active hair product on her body and.
Speaker 3: I was like, whoa, Like what are you doing?
Speaker 2: So it's a phenomenal moisturizer. It is so thick, luxurious and it gives you just like so much hydration and it settles into the skin well, doesn't leave that oily residue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this one's not reserved for the curly girls of his day, reaching out to all.
Speaker 4: Of you exactly.
Speaker 2: And what I like about this too, is the scent kind of meshres with your own natural scent, and it smells so yummy, so delicious.
Speaker 4: Super moisturize, Yeah, super moisturizing.
Speaker 2: And it's not too expensive, and I think that a little bit really goes along the longest way. It's twenty one dollars from shamemoisture dot com dot you can get it at price sign and you probably could get it on a nice sale as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think like there's so many categories in beauty these days, and there's so many ranges of products. So I'm loving new launchers, but we're also loving staples that we've had for years.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I feel like there's a good balance, you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean, there's always a good balance. I'm really excited to see what the rest of twenty twenty four brings in terms of beauty. There's gonna be some super exciting things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it will be a big second half.
Speaker 2: Definitely.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for joining us today on Skimfluence.
Speaker 1: If you were interested in any of the products mentioned in today's episode, there are links available.
Speaker 3: In the episode description on your podcast app.
Speaker 4: If you love what you're.
Speaker 2: Hear, leave us a rating, and a review.
Speaker 1: And if you have a question and want us to cover anything on the pod, reach out via our socials. Mine is at Jamie Joe and mine is at Jess Missus.
Speaker 4: I'll send us an.
Speaker 2: Email at skinfluence at novapodcast dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: We love you guys.
Speaker 4: Bye,