Speaker 1: Our next guest has a very impressive resume. Is a DJ, a brewer of bear, a backyard cricket encusiast and also the sitting Prime Minister of Australia.
Speaker 2: I was in Melbourne this morning and I'll be back down there tomorrow. You have to pop in and sacond that to pop in those day morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's a day done. We love a man who keeps his word.
Speaker 1: Please welcome to the show, Prime Minister Anthony Albany.
Speaker 4: Elbow, good morning, great to be here.
Speaker 5: You really stuck to your word. To be honest with that audio. I was like that ain't happy yet.
Speaker 4: That was in my backyard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it actually was.
Speaker 6: Let's be honest. You promise anything, you promise anything to get.
Speaker 2: There is that We've got to say. There were a lot of crew there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of people, a lot.
Speaker 2: Of people, but good fun for good call. We raised more than twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 7: Now, how much warning do you get? Because when people turn up to my house on more people than expected, I get this real like panic anxiety.
Speaker 5: I wasn't prepared to have this many people.
Speaker 8: In my house.
Speaker 6: I like a text that you're on the way.
Speaker 5: You need a lot of warning.
Speaker 2: Well, of course I was in Melbourne that morning, so I flew up to be in Sydney for the backyard cricket. Toto didn't get any warning though she was a bit Toto the Dog was a bit freaked out, guess.
Speaker 9: And if you didn't make it there would it be a text to Clint telling him where the spare key is just to let himself in.
Speaker 2: I think there's a few people there.
Speaker 3: He's got in one of those rocks.
Speaker 6: Now it will pick it.
Speaker 5: But where does Toto the Dog live?
Speaker 7: Because you're a bit in Sydney, but you mostly at the lodge in.
Speaker 2: Canberra, right, Yeah, Toto's sort of transient and I as well share custody with my ex as well.
Speaker 4: You of those what do you do?
Speaker 6: It's like meat at a servo with a week time in the car park.
Speaker 5: I've got a lot of friends who do it.
Speaker 2: Works there you go and we still have a good relationship with friends.
Speaker 4: So living the living the good life.
Speaker 7: And you know what, when your parents get separated all of a sudden, they both spoil you more because they want to be the favorite.
Speaker 5: So Toto's live in the dream.
Speaker 9: Yes, you need to absolutely, you need to get the FEDS to check her for wires like it, and gave the ex quick fifty to mic up the dog.
Speaker 6: Imagine when I could.
Speaker 4: My ex has much better taste than the.
Speaker 6: Just quickly. How is the shoulder?
Speaker 3: Because you were you were bowling at pace.
Speaker 4: I was having you fun. Haven't rolled the shoulder over for a long time.
Speaker 6: It's fairly good.
Speaker 10: But I had my doubts because I donly seen a few other PMS in action.
Speaker 2: Well, John Howard's regarded as his greatest regret. Stuff under bowling now on the subcontinent was pretty bad.
Speaker 8: Kind of hid his feet.
Speaker 7: Did you have that kind of nervous energy about you? In case you became the next internet meme?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: I hadn't rolled an arm over from a long touch since the last backyard cricking cave.
Speaker 4: That was more than a year ago.
Speaker 9: So well, look, elbows hanging out with us for the next twenty We're going to come back. We've got a bunch of issues we want to bring up with you. We've also got a present for you this morning. It's been at your place. We've gone anything Elbow.
Speaker 4: It isn't something you pinched from the ad.
Speaker 6: About it.
Speaker 7: I thought about it no, we do want to hit all the big topics with you today, Elbow, including I'm sure you have been playing this in your ear pods out on your morning walk, our Australian entry into Eurovision The milkshake Man.
Speaker 5: Have you heard it yet?
Speaker 8: I haven't heard.
Speaker 6: Elbow will profit Yeah, I reckon, you're going to You're a DJ. You're going to love this. It is the milkshake John.
Speaker 4: Now great.
Speaker 5: You can have a listen and give us a review.
Speaker 8: Give it a score out of ten.
Speaker 6: Doon't give you the milkshake man. On Nova. We are on the air with Elbow this morning.
Speaker 10: I say sweet sweet, you say yum?
Speaker 6: Young sweet, sweet, sweet sweet. That is our Australian entrance into Eurovision.
Speaker 5: I love it so much, Albow.
Speaker 6: When I say sweet sweet, you say.
Speaker 5: Yummy, It's great, isn't it?
Speaker 8: At once and that stuck.
Speaker 7: You're going to be walking around all your press conferences today.
Speaker 2: I'm worried about the work ethic of my team because they're all obsessed by.
Speaker 5: Your Do you think we'll be taken seriously as a country with that entrant?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 8: Your visions about fun.
Speaker 9: I want to see you on the news tonight, saying to the press call. When I say sweet sweet.
Speaker 5: You say yum.
Speaker 3: You don't get that on ABC or three A W do you don't, but you.
Speaker 4: Should more of it.
Speaker 8: The milksh I think that will be a huge success. It's a banger and the kids love.
Speaker 6: It well the man behind it hopefully on the show with us tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Where's it from Perth?
Speaker 6: W Abo waboy, Joe, you are listening to Nomber one hundred. It is just gone nine past. Stay.
Speaker 9: You've got Jason Lauren Clints here and the PM Anthony Albanezi is with us this morning.
Speaker 6: Few issues we want to talk.
Speaker 9: About, including a few dollars throwing our way here in Melbourne to get us to the airport quicker.
Speaker 6: Before we get to that, though it's.
Speaker 7: Probably been the biggest story of the last twenty four hours, it's in our media. In the radio industry, there were some completely disgraceful comments made yesterday by radio broadcaster involving women's sport, in particular the Matilda's. I know you're a huge fan of the Matildas, like we all are. These incredible women and so many other incredible women in sport and women in general, who are deeply, deeply offended about what we said on radio, where do you sit.
Speaker 5: On it all?
Speaker 2: Look, they were just shocking comments that any anyone could think it, let alone say it completely unacceptable. The Tillies are just legends. They excited and brought together the whole country. The whole country was united in cheering for them. Women's and girls' sport has been a revolution in my lifetime in football, in soccer football. Afl W has a Governor General. Sam Mosston was one of the was the first woman appointed as an afl commissioner and she really drove the creation of AFLW. That's fantastic rugby league in Vegas in a couple of days time and there'll be a women's game there.
Speaker 8: It's fantastic.
Speaker 3: They're not only clumsy their offensive comments.
Speaker 6: What would you say?
Speaker 8: He also made some comments as well about.
Speaker 2: Royal You know, we need to respect each other and disrespecting more than half the population is not on it.
Speaker 10: So blokes out there, very much in the minority that might think that's funny.
Speaker 3: What's your message? Not funny?
Speaker 8: It's inventive. And these are great athletes.
Speaker 2: They performed so well to get to the Semis in the World Cup. But even if they didn't. So what they're doing their best and they're great athletes and they're better footballers than all the blokes who be critiquing them.
Speaker 8: Frankly, exactly right.
Speaker 7: We've had Olympians on this morning, We've had athletes, and I think the general feeling is that it's just archaic, it's outdated and it's disgraceful, and I'm so glad that it's been dealt with accordingly, because there's no room for it in the media space in the world. Actually, forget about the media in general. These conversations shouldn't be being at.
Speaker 8: I make this point as well. Remember the Olympics.
Speaker 2: Remember as the gold medals came through, they had something in common. And certainly the Matildas are more successful historically than our men's team have been. Elise Perry statistically is probably the greatest cricketer maybe Bradman, but he didn't bowl. The greatest cricketer that Australia has produced.
Speaker 9: Hey, well we've gotcha. I know it'll be a big few days for you. My gut says you're going to call an election this weekend, so you break.
Speaker 8: My birthday on Sunday.
Speaker 5: Happy birth.
Speaker 6: How old are we turning?
Speaker 3: Candles thirty five.
Speaker 8: That's that's forties.
Speaker 7: I wish do you just get the one candle that sings Happy Birthday instead of the full maut Yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Don't want sixty two candles sixty fifty there's no root for the cake.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I look at photos of me, so ten years ago, I'm fitter than I was when I was fifty.
Speaker 5: So do you look great?
Speaker 2: I feel great, getting much fit for the election out and about Oh, absolutely.
Speaker 5: Change your fitness regime.
Speaker 2: And a time like this, well, I'm off the grog completely.
Speaker 8: From from New z to Hard, I did.
Speaker 4: I went, I went real hard.
Speaker 6: We all had that thought. On the first.
Speaker 3: I did have.
Speaker 2: I was at a distillers in Richmond, in Tasmania outside of Hobart on Saturday, and we're announcing increased support for the small distillers and small brewers. So I did have to was there. It would be rude to not have a little Yeah, that doesn't count a little a little shot of whiskey.
Speaker 8: So that apart from that, well done. Good.
Speaker 6: He's breaking out the checkbook too.
Speaker 5: You will have a date for the election yet going.
Speaker 6: To tell us on his birthday?
Speaker 5: You're going to announce on your birthday. No, no, not a birthday present for the rest.
Speaker 8: I announced it when I'm ready.
Speaker 5: The power the boss you.
Speaker 8: But everywhere three years is too short.
Speaker 2: You're saying the same thing, fixed terms four years is what we should have. That's what all the Satan Territory governments have. But you know, we'll see.
Speaker 9: I've got a concern about one of the promises. You're offering billions to fix or do a rail link out to the Melbourne Airport. I just think by the time we build it, shouldn't.
Speaker 6: We be hovering.
Speaker 5: It's taking times that showed.
Speaker 9: Beyond two thousand, promised me a cunts by the time we like, how long would that take?
Speaker 8: Watching too many back to the future Michael J. Fox style out of the airport.
Speaker 9: I know you're promising big cash to get it going, and God knows we need it here in Melbourne. How long would it realistically take to build something like that.
Speaker 2: It does take a while, but the planning is done yep. And so by the benefit of really upgrading Sunshine Station, what you will do as well as provide benefits not just for people going to the airport, but for the upgrade will help for people from Geelong Bendigo Ballarat to get linked into the Metro line that will open later this year. So it will really improve the whole capacity of the network.
Speaker 5: We do need it.
Speaker 10: I mean victorians will tell you this has been spoken about for years and years and years. Can the Alan government actually pull this off?
Speaker 2: Yes they can, Okay, And we've got seven billion dollars total of commore funding, Jacinta Alan announced as well as part of this we've been working it through. She's bringing forward funding so that construction can start next year. We've spoken with the airport. There was this whole dispute over whether it be above.
Speaker 8: Ground on below ground and just get it done. We've got rid of all of that, so ready to rock and roll.
Speaker 7: Great, let's go. Because the traffic to the airport in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, I go there a few times going there this morning.
Speaker 7: We were having some discussion about this this morning and do you fly on the Spirit of Australia.
Speaker 5: Are all virgin or have you got your own plane? You're getting around.
Speaker 8: I've got the Royal Australian Airports.
Speaker 6: Have they fixed the hair dry situation?
Speaker 2: After Kevin Rudd, I look like I.
Speaker 4: Wish thanks very much. That's so nicest thing you've ever said to me.
Speaker 10: When we told Lauren you flew on the RAF jets, she thought it was a fighter jet that does loop the loops.
Speaker 6: We're just going down to Nova. Will hit your check button now drop you down there. Promise.
Speaker 9: We've got to take a quick break. We are on the air with Elbow this morning. The Prime Minister's with us. We've got a couple more things we want to talk to you about after the break, and then we've got a parting gift for you, something to take home to kill.
Speaker 5: I think you need it.
Speaker 4: It's just seven a fast eight teasing now.
Speaker 9: The Prime Minister is with us this morning. Anthony Albanezi on the air at NOB one hundred. You've got Jason Lauren Clints here as well.
Speaker 6: Albow.
Speaker 9: I want to talk America, America, America. Yes, how was the How was the phone call with Trumpy?
Speaker 6: It was?
Speaker 2: It was pretty good, A bit surreal because that voice is long, so unique, and the speaking style comes through. There's lots of adjectives like you see in the public discourse.
Speaker 3: Did he say it on the phone?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's on the phone with the video takers.
Speaker 5: There No, no, there's no video call.
Speaker 8: So it's in a secure room. Yeah, and it was.
Speaker 2: It was really constructive and positive. Last of for the last one lasted for about forty minutes.
Speaker 8: Forty minutes, Yeah, it was. It was longer than what it was, which is a good sign.
Speaker 9: Were you trying to get him off after thirty No? No, no, no, John, I'm going into a car park.
Speaker 3: Do you call him or does he call you?
Speaker 2: Oh, there's neither of us through.
Speaker 3: You just get past the phone.
Speaker 6: We're ready.
Speaker 2: There's people on a on a system, a secure line, and it's a White House person speaking to the security in the media.
Speaker 5: Parliament set you up and is it friendly or is it all?
Speaker 8: It was really friendly. It was really friendly. It was warm.
Speaker 2: I congratulated him on his inauguration. We talked about a range of things, including Jordan Malatter had won the first win the Super Bowl, Former South in the Junior.
Speaker 8: So I worked that in.
Speaker 2: You want to try to develop a relationship with anyone, and talking to someone who's a world leader is no different at some level from human relationships that we developed outside the studio.
Speaker 6: He chat you bring up his new best.
Speaker 8: That wasn't raised.
Speaker 5: He seemed to like you. You did the said nice things about you what.
Speaker 2: We had a really warm discussion and that's important. You know, I'm representing Australia when I'm having that conversation. President Trump and I come from very different perspectives.
Speaker 6: Let's keep him on OURSEFS, that's obvious, but.
Speaker 2: That doesn't mean that you can't work in our national interest and it's in our interest to have a good relationship with the United States, but also it is in their interests as well. We bring a lot to the relationship.
Speaker 3: You've been to the White House?
Speaker 8: I certainly have, So what's it?
Speaker 3: What's the day call?
Speaker 10: Like the facilities, I'm just thinking of comparing houses.
Speaker 8: It's well, it's a lot bigger, to say the least.
Speaker 2: And we had dinner where we had an official dinner at the White House where there were many hundreds and hundreds I think there were about five hundred there in a big marquee that was That was pretty cool.
Speaker 6: You take a bottle of wine.
Speaker 10: Some favorites have to take a gift, some Capri favoritess you don't.
Speaker 5: Take a gift.
Speaker 2: Well, you take a gift, yeah, but they're sort of exchange behind the scenes. But we had dinner the night before with just myself and Jody and Joe and Jill Biden just before us in the in the west wing.
Speaker 5: That's pretty four of you.
Speaker 8: That was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: And afterwards I reckon soft foods.
Speaker 5: The nicest, but be nice, be nicest. Must have been there.
Speaker 6: Didn't go for forty minutes, Jill.
Speaker 2: After we were staying at Blair House.
Speaker 8: Yes, just the official home.
Speaker 2: If you like, just next to the White House where we were staying, and we were going to walk back rather than rather than be driven. And Jill went and got a pair of sneakers for.
Speaker 5: Jo that's my sisterhood.
Speaker 2: Was walking in her heels back and then Jodie sent her later on she sent her a pair of bug boots.
Speaker 5: That's the sisterhood.
Speaker 2: I caught up with the president at the G. Tweaty in South America. Jill, Jill had had thanks conversation, so she did get them. Sometimes she don't know if the security.
Speaker 5: Grab some keeps them for themselves.
Speaker 9: We're going to lose you in a couple of minutes. But something we just need to bring up. You ran into Clints down Away a couple of days ago. You were hosting backyard cricket at your place in Sydney. Our boys fits in whip her up Nova in Sydney were doing a big charity match. Clint used your bathroom and he noticed something.
Speaker 5: Oh, here we go the air freshener. The orange power.
Speaker 8: That was put in there for the over visitors.
Speaker 6: Were we're going to block the pipes.
Speaker 8: It's not normally in there.
Speaker 5: Isn't it. Look we think you need you need to upgrade the orange.
Speaker 8: Power, Orange Planet, of that orange.
Speaker 3: Power, We've got the.
Speaker 5: Australian brand.
Speaker 2: Post drop perfect, nothing nicer, a direct message.
Speaker 7: Yes, they're aesthetically far more pleasing than that orange power.
Speaker 9: You're representing the country. We can't have the orange.
Speaker 10: You can't do what Trump would think Trump the same color as the orange.
Speaker 6: It's going to be a crazy couple of weeks ahead for you.
Speaker 9: Happy birthday for the weekend mate, Thanks very much and we appreciate your time this morning.
Speaker 8: We really do know. It's great.
Speaker 10: So now called on your birthday? Well, because I'm hosting weekend today and I just don't need the stress.
Speaker 5: Nah, He's not doing that on his birth.
Speaker 9: Clint's basically asking can I have a big night the night before it will be a heavy newsday.
Speaker 8: What time does the show.
Speaker 3: It seven to ten. Thanks for watching PM.
Speaker 8: No what I watched early.
Speaker 10: I'm busy, busy.
Speaker 6: You're not missing much.
Speaker 3: It's just got town, fast Elbow.
Speaker 7: Great to see you, Jason Lauren Jason Lauren wake up feeling good on number one hundred.
Speaker 3: Jason Lauren on socials