Speaker 1: This is Smallsy Surgery. Third last show ever. Thanks for joining us the last week of the Surge and I could not not have these boys on the show in the last week. Their brand new album is called Greetings from Your Hometown. It is out right now. They literally just perform with Demi Levado over the weekend. Please welcome back to the Surge for the very last time. The Jonas Brothers are here.
Speaker 2: Let's turn.
Speaker 1: Come up, everybody, what's up?
Speaker 2: This is Joe, This is Nick and Kevin and we are the Jonas Brothers.
Speaker 1: A man to hosting with smiles.
Speaker 3: The show.
Speaker 1: Is how are you gents? Good? You better? I'm very good boys. Well, congratulations great it's been so long since I've seen you. The last time was when you did the Australian tour and I can't believe that that was like the beginning of last year. It feels like yes today, But my god, time is going so quick.
Speaker 2: It really is flying by, flying by.
Speaker 3: We had a great time. That was our first time performing in Australia as a band.
Speaker 1: I know it was a long time coming and you delivered.
Speaker 3: It's always It's always been one of our favorite markets and the fans there have been incredible for so many years. The fact that that was the first time was wild to us. We're a wonderful time. We spent some time in Bondi as well, and had a little bit of time off while we were there on a trip.
Speaker 1: It was it was great. Nice. Well, I've got to say congratulations on the new album. It's out now. Greetings from your hometown. I don't even know where to start, but I'll just say that I recently just got back from doing a euro summer and the Italians love the Jonas. Yeah, the Italians love the Jonas brothers. No Time to Talk. I like to like flick around the radio, and they were obsessed with that song. Let me tell you, Oh, hell great to hear.
Speaker 3: Actually, you know what's funny above or sorry, below our apartment here in New York City, there's a restaurant's Italian restaurant, the gm as an Italian guy, and he's like, I just heard back from from being in Italy for three weeks. It's like, I love your song No Time to he.
Speaker 2: Said, all the time, that's I love it.
Speaker 1: He Actually it is an oral ring. Yes, would you like to know my stats?
Speaker 2: And how are you sleeping? Has to sleep, you.
Speaker 1: Know, can I be okay, like what this is not a sponsor No, it's not a sponsored thing. You know what? You should get it also if you don't have it, but I'm guessing you might. But however, I would say I understand the traveling and the jet lag and the effect that it has on your body is like.
Speaker 2: You know, you know, like I am traveling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like obviously you know, oh shit, I'm a bit tired, I'm jet lagged. But when you have like that aura ring on and you're like, oh my god, I feel like absolute balls, and you realize and the aura ring has this alert where it like screams at you like something's wrong, something's wrong, And I'm like, oh yeah, no, that's jet lag. Yeah, that's jet lag. And it really does you know what I'm talking about anyway, So back by my point was the Italians are loving it. I love I'm loving the track. You've teamed up with our very own Dean Lewis. Now who knew Jane or how did that happen all?
Speaker 2: Joel? Yeah, So Dean and I were kind of like fans. I guess I was a fan of his work for a while, and we went back and forth, and I asked if he had any songs because he does a great songwriting for other people as well. And I was like, hey, man, if you ever have a tune, send him are away. And he sent like a little like probably five or six songs and this song was just really stood up to me and played for the guys. I was like, we have to cut this song.
Speaker 3: Song. It's called it should Have Loved You Better, but.
Speaker 2: It was going to be Dean's single.
Speaker 3: It was gonna be Dean single, and he like held it back for us. And he's been such a gem, honestly, and.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a great honor to have Dean a part of this project. And yeah, it's always one of those funny things as musicians you now can work from a farm before you meet the person and meet them in person.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Okay, Well, the new song You and Out are on. Dame Lewis teaming up together loved You bet Up Boys hang out with us the Jonas Brothers taking over the searge tonight and.
Speaker 3: Problem we needed wasn't catch you true.
Speaker 1: Shoot up bed shut everybody? What's up? We are the Jonas Brothers co hosting with Small sy Tay Get Over the show. Let's go.
Speaker 2: I know, oh you know what when we talk about something was really exciting that we that we we saw saw so much just pulling it up. Yeah, Cat's Eyes spoke about.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, our fans on.
Speaker 2: Cats, I spoke about us and how they're fans of our music on your show.
Speaker 3: We think it's amazing their song and TikTok that made.
Speaker 1: Us so happy.
Speaker 2: I mean, we genuinely think they're crushing again. Their performance was amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well de nyl in it and I love them and they're popping off here in Australia at the moment too, So I'm lovely. That's so lovely of you to say that. Absolutely. Okay, running out of time, here we go. Greetings from your hometown. Some hometown related questions growing up? Who had the messiest bedroom out of the three of you?
Speaker 3: I think Kevin Kevin still does.
Speaker 1: Really, I did not see that energy for you, Kevin. I feel like you've been done dirty there.
Speaker 2: No, it's true, make your bed.
Speaker 1: No, who was most Who was most likely to get detention slash get in trouble slash Oh no, Dad's angry Kevin?
Speaker 2: Really, Ken, It's kind of a tie between me and Kevin, I think. Yeah, Actually, Franklin.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, because he's not easy to defend himself. You said that, I think Kevin. You said that you used to sneak out of the house and Kevin, you took Joe to get a tattoo as is that true that story?
Speaker 2: Well, I went to go see what I wanted to get a tattoo, but I brought him with me. Okay, he was eighteen year my parents didn't.
Speaker 1: I got ground Yeah, did you climb out of the window of the bedroom? Is that how you snuck out? Like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, then I got grounded because he when it comes.
Speaker 2: No, I was just saying I got grounded. No, but yes, this sounded like that over the No, no windows were involved. There's more so just you know, going to the tattoo shop. I turned eighteen that I'm going to go in here and do this thing. And didn't like the fact that I was in the tattoo of parlor, which is not really a big deal.
Speaker 1: But okay, all right. And then last question, because I literally am running out of time, the very Jonas Christmas is coming later this year, I don't know if I'm going to speak to you. I very much am excited for a very Jonas Christmas. I think you have one of the greatest Christmas songs of all time.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I just want to say that. I just think it's just incredible. What does a Jonahs family Christmas look like? Are you all drinking eggnog around the tree? Do you do Christmas presents on Eve? Or on Christmas Day?
Speaker 3: Do you like Egno, I don't mind it, I don't I like it paste. Yeah, I think we this past this, that's Christmas.
Speaker 2: We we actually all were in the New York area, which is really nice, and then we immediately went and shot a Christmas movie. So our Christmas literally lasted three to four It was like three months.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's great.
Speaker 2: It was like it was a long Christmas. But we loved it. And this Christmas film, I think it's really fun. It's got a ton of cameos and couldn't even people that said yes and eight original songs?
Speaker 1: Amazing? Is it giving giving you more Christmas music? Is it giving Mark Christmas movie energy? Like like, oh my god, like.
Speaker 2: There is there is romance? Yeah, okay, it's some love.
Speaker 1: It does this and you know, I'll be disappointed at the answer is no. Does it involve a blizzard and making it home just in time. But if it doesn't, is a missed opportunity there, team.
Speaker 3: It does, it certainly does.
Speaker 1: Boys. I love you, I love the brothers. It's been look with your sleep, no, thank you. I'm going to get back on back in my back, my sleep schedule back and congratulations for the record, and we'll see in Australia again on you soon, hope. Yeah, we love that.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the small Zy Surgery podcast.
Speaker 1: Hear more from Smallsy Live weeknights from eight only on Nova