Speaker 1: Good morning Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Wakey, wakey men.
Speaker 3: Jason Lawrence, start your morning the right away, gonna be great.
Speaker 4: God, this is Jason Lauren on Noel one.
Speaker 5: Well, good morning Melbourne and what a morning it is. Let's do a roll call in the studio, JAS present Clint the Resident. Let's cross to the hottest and busiest location in Victoria one. Lauren Phillips, where are you living from?
Speaker 6: Guys? Forget the mcg on Grand Final Day, forget Albert Park on Australian Grand Prix Day. I am at the Geelong Botanic Gardens with the corpse flower, a thousand other people that are here. I'm talking thousands of people lining up for four hours to get in to smell the famous stinky flower.
Speaker 5: Are those people cooked or are they Okay?
Speaker 6: No, there has been so they opened the Botanic Gardens all night for twenty four hours. Speaking to some security guards this morning. Ridiculous, mate, there's crowd control, there's security guards. Every person in Geelong is here.
Speaker 2: Driven down.
Speaker 6: Stin Can you believe it?
Speaker 5: It was leading the news.
Speaker 4: They came for a selfie and left gagging from the stamps as the world's worst smelling plants bloomed in Geelong for the first time.
Speaker 7: This is the fourth time this morning, from this morning till now, and just to see the different stages of the flower opening up.
Speaker 1: Smells like dead possum.
Speaker 2: Have you seen anybody gag?
Speaker 6: Well, look, Clint, I haven't gone in yet. I'm still out the front waiting with much anticipation because Jace didn't want me to like miss a gag. I didn't want to do that. There's also a situation that this stinky flower has bought with it mosquitoes the size of elephants, like you've never seen anything like it, So we're covered in in.
Speaker 5: Tropical I just realized who you are. You're like Carl Steffanova at a Trump rally, you know he runs for the source or like, oh, floods in Queensland. We're live from there now.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you guys know much about the flower, but it is it will die after this. It's only a live like this for like twenty four to forty eight hours. And they are comparing it this line of people to like scenes in London when the Queen was in waiting. You know, it's like that for Geelong, where everyone's like, we might find David Beckham in the line, if we're lucky.
Speaker 5: Someone might die.
Speaker 3: Remember Bex walked past the queen and sobbed avernyone's sobbing as they will.
Speaker 6: That could be me. Clease. There is also a live stream of the flower, and I'm very concerned I might go in.
Speaker 5: And hell, mate, if you spin on the live stream, I'll give you one hundred dollars. That's the sort of stuff Kimmel would run. You'd go viral.
Speaker 6: And now I've also heard that the stink comes in waves, and last night you could smell a stink all the way down to the teahouse at the Botanic.
Speaker 5: Really, so, Lauren, I'm just looking at the people lined up behind you at the moment. It is a steady stream and we're not taking the piss here. This thing's been open all night.
Speaker 6: Yes, so look, the flower came into bloom yesterday just after our show. I took four to five hours to open. I was glued to the live stream. I haven't been this excited about something since I can't actually remember how.
Speaker 3: I had the live stream on in the Channel nine news room. Oh yeah, and the people huddled around my computer question question. Forget about the real news.
Speaker 5: Because the flower was dilating yesterday when I left.
Speaker 2: The walker was opening up.
Speaker 5: Yes, when she opened did it go.
Speaker 6: Apparently?
Speaker 8: Not?
Speaker 6: Apparently?
Speaker 2: Yeah so.
Speaker 6: And also there's lots of people that are trying to like stick their head right in the flower, but you can't. You can't smell. If you're whiff too close, you'll miss the waft. It's like the it's all We've gotta be away from the flower slightly to get there.
Speaker 2: In the world today cares Clint that.
Speaker 6: All cares what else has happened in the world. This is the biggest story that's happened in Victoria.
Speaker 5: Long term, we're going to try and track down some big names of Geelong to talk to the smell.
Speaker 6: I text Tom Hawkins because and I said, have you heard about the stinky flower? And this is before the hoho of the last twenty four hours And he said, well, someone told me about it in the middle of a polarates class. And I said, gosh, you wouldn't want that smelling a hot polarates.
Speaker 2: Tom Hawks doings, he's.
Speaker 6: Doing a twenty five day challenge of some such things.
Speaker 5: Quickly.
Speaker 2: Isn't Jay Hawkins a real convert? Because we were.
Speaker 6: No I don't want to know about this.
Speaker 2: Look at the flower.
Speaker 5: Hang on, not a convert yet, No, I want to I don't.
Speaker 6: Want to know about it. I don't want to know about it. And I said, it's got to get to forty degrees. And then he was texting me saying, guys, flowers, thirty one to go. We've got a temperature check on the flowers.
Speaker 5: I was having a lot of flashbacks too when we had our sons. When the flower started dihilating, I was like, I know what's next.
Speaker 6: Many people have also compared it to the flowering Dennis the Menace. They're flowering Dennis the Menace that he ruins. It only the corpse lily that only opens for like four seconds. It's a very similar scene to that.
Speaker 3: Mister Willson, I believe you just compared the corpse flower to your wife giving birth.
Speaker 2: Are you okay?
Speaker 6: Many people come out to see her.
Speaker 5: No, No, we didn't have lines and she wasn't open for twenty four hours. I'll tell you that. I am coming up. We've got to go. I thanks. That makes the bed shed. We're going to be playing celebrity sleepover in the next twenty minutes. But coming up next as much as I'd love to talk to you about the flower, We're going to talk to a professional. Who have you got down there? Joining us?
Speaker 6: Next love, Oh, Kelly from the Geelong Botanic Gardens is going to join us. She actually knows what's going on with this flower. It's got a more formal name than this stinky flower. To find out what it is short, he will try and get some people who are also coming out of the greenhouse jury not available, see how they're coping with the WAFT.
Speaker 5: I think we should be doing a welfare check on anyone's lined up four hours to come and see the flower. Guys, can I set the scene to kick things off? I give you choice of arn and Bloom perfect. This is Omber one hundred Cleat. You have been a journalist Channel nine inch journalists how many years? Twenty years? So I was just telling you the ad break. I've done some stories in my time. Once upon a time to store in a town with no TV, no TV because the areill blew over twenty people in the town.
Speaker 2: I TV. There's another one. A bunch of bridesmaids.
Speaker 3: Their bridesmaids dresses didn't arrive, so they walked down the aisle in pajamas and Betty Boop thongs.
Speaker 2: But this I think takes the cake.
Speaker 5: We are crossing now to one Lauren Phillips at the Geelong Botanic Gardens this morning for the opening of the Corpse Flower aka the Smelly Weed.
Speaker 6: Good morning Laws, good morning guys. Look nothing says cost of living crisis quite like an overnight visit to the Geelong Botanic Gardens to smell the Smelly Flower with the whole family, does it. There are thousands of people here and this is I'm saying, the biggest story of the year. I am joined by Kelly from the Gelong Botanic Gardens. Kelly, is this your Christmas?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, Kelly.
Speaker 5: Have you seen anything like this before?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 9: Coming the floor a world.
Speaker 5: No, until twenty four hours ago where you worked, was it looked as a cool job.
Speaker 10: It was an amazingly cool job. We've had a beautiful garden and now it's taken the next level.
Speaker 5: Your rockstar mate, You guys work at the potentic Gardens, your rockstart.
Speaker 6: Seriously, it's like Justin Bieber's down here when Kelly walks around. So Kellie, talk us through it. We are here because the Corpse Flower, which flowers once every seven to ten years is finally in bloom. Did you know it was going to be this week?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 6: So how much warning did you get?
Speaker 10: We have had thirteen days of warning this time last two weeks ago. We had no idea that we were going to have a corpse flower. That's how fast and incredible this plant is.
Speaker 6: And so it'll only bloom for how long?
Speaker 10: Twenty four to forty eight hours. But it's been out now eleven thirty. This morning will be twenty four and then you'll see a slight decline.
Speaker 2: I've got many questions as well, so far away. How many of these flowers are there in Australia.
Speaker 10: In Australia, in the hood, in in our hood, there's two right right in Adelaide is where we got them from.
Speaker 9: They're the meccha in Australia for growing them.
Speaker 6: The stinky city. I feel like there's would stink more than ours too, don't you think?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 10: Yes, Melbourne cans has one, Sydney has a couple, not many in Australia.
Speaker 6: And there's only about a thousand in the world.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 9: Yeah, they're right right up there, Tiger can.
Speaker 6: We let's.
Speaker 5: If I see a Netflix show called Corpse What was it? Corpse will be the next series Corpse.
Speaker 6: Flower, hosted by Kelly Kels.
Speaker 5: You were saying, it's going to start to look like we'll start to close up at eleven o'clock today.
Speaker 10: No, not closed, but you'll see it won't be as magnificent.
Speaker 9: It will still smell.
Speaker 2: It'll still what's the smell? Please?
Speaker 10: Like, I'm one hundred percent plant nerd, and I was dubious that a plant could put out a smell that represented a dead animal.
Speaker 9: And that's exactly what it smells like.
Speaker 5: Is it constantly smelling like that? Every now and then it just goes.
Speaker 10: At the start, it was sending off like wofts every now and again, but it's quite constant. And then I came in this morning and I reckon it's changed to about dead fish.
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 5: Has anyone gad?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 10: Yeah, one of our awesome haughties here, Lucy, who's been working in the nursery and looking after it. We got her right up close and personal yesterday and her face was hilarious.
Speaker 6: So we've gone because I heard it was stinkiest last night, people saying the waft was going all the way through the gardens down to the tea house on a level of stink.
Speaker 10: How stinky is it this morning? I think it's still there. I reckon it's a good eight. Yeah, it's not constant.
Speaker 6: I haven't been inside yet, guys, so I'll be heading in shortly. I'm sure. Like state riveting radio, stay tuned once.
Speaker 3: So once once this once it starts to wilt. Say what actually happens to it? Is it dead and you've got to turf it in the skip? Or is it in ten years time?
Speaker 2: Does it? No?
Speaker 9: Not dead? No, no, not dead.
Speaker 10: It's got a huge underground storage that we call a corn.
Speaker 6: Under a carriage, and it just like a big potato.
Speaker 10: It looks like a big potato pumpkin. And so all the storage is in there, and when the flower starts to wilt, some of the energy will go back and then and then it'll take another ten.
Speaker 6: So well, if we still have our jobs, then guys, we might come back in ten years time to see it again.
Speaker 2: Do you have merch?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 9: Oh no we did.
Speaker 10: We heard you sold out of the well. We won't even selling them. I were just we're giving them away thinking a few people.
Speaker 5: We need merch, Yeah, we need merch caw. Can I ask just quickly, how's the line situation working? So people line up, they walk in. Are they allowed a certain amount of time with the flower? Is it you've got to keep walking past? Are you allowed a selfie with the flowers? There? No touching?
Speaker 9: No touching, yep, no touching.
Speaker 2: What happens if you touch it?
Speaker 9: Is it you goet to smack on the wrist by.
Speaker 2: The Hallus fly trap?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: No, no, But Jason, in all seriousness, there are hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people in this line photo earlier, Yeah, photos. But some people got in at eight in the line at eight pm and got through at midnight. Like the gardens were open for twenty four hours. When I woke up at four, I checked it the live stream and there were people streaming through. How much sleep did you get last night?
Speaker 9: About four hours?
Speaker 2: Max?
Speaker 6: Too excited?
Speaker 9: Yeah, way too excited, Kelly.
Speaker 2: So much to do in Geelong.
Speaker 10: There's heaves to do in Peats. The gardens is number one. Yeah, beautiful beaches.
Speaker 5: It was the Greenhouse because it was opened through the night at midnight was a like Big Brother, you know, it goes a bit up late the things.
Speaker 10: Yeahhouse with the stink flower old hands.
Speaker 5: Hey all right, hell hey, thanks so much for joining us, and thank you for having us this morning. Like I know, we're having a bit.
Speaker 6: Of fun with that's the biggest story of the guys.
Speaker 5: It's the biggest story in in Victoria today.
Speaker 6: I don't know about that. I'm going biggest story in the country for the year right overs as well.
Speaker 5: Live from the Geelong Botannic Gardens this.
Speaker 2: Morning named the show Gardening Australia.
Speaker 5: It's Gardening Australia. The corpse Smelling Flower has bloomed. It's dilated in the tear coming up next thanks to our made of bed shed. If you want to score a cheeky bit of cash this morning, give us a ring. Thirteen twenty four to ten. She is clear and a little bit chilly and Geelong where Lauren is. She's live at the Geelong Botannic Gardens for the opening of the Corpse Flower.
Speaker 6: I am I've made the trick down highway. It is actually an absolute sparkler down here this morning, boys, and there are hundreds, potentially thousands of people lined up to get old whiff of the corpse Flower waft, which has just been described to me I haven't been in yet as a smell of rotting dead fish.
Speaker 5: Clint, you were up at Channel nine yesterday. I saw you guys cover it on the news.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we covered that in so many other big stories, including what's happening in Russia and the US election. But at two o'clock news meeting, the news director turned to me and said, what's coming up in Sport? And I said, well, before I get there, I just want to tell you that the corpse flower is clearly a big story because tomorrow our show on number one hundred will be broadcasting live from the Corps Flower in Geelong.
Speaker 2: Big a story of the year collectively. The laughter that broke out around it was like it was like a chorus of laughs.
Speaker 5: You believe it.
Speaker 6: It was the highlight on the news. I was driving last night down to Geelong and I heard they did a little Channel line update on the radio and Tom Steinfitt said, the stink taking over Jeelong, the corps Flower is here. It was a top three news story. And then also the Today Show are coming down a little later as a champion for Geelong. I love this town. They asked me to do a cross and I got a text from a friend of mine who's a producer and said in the meeting today, one of the producers said, oh, Lawrence got a really bad gag reflex, so it should be great.
Speaker 11: Only sharing a designer with bed Shep's created a customizable collection create your dream there for less. We're twenty percent of all customizable furniture Bedchip Jason Lawrence, Ultimate Celebs Lumber Party thanks to bed Sheed.
Speaker 5: Emma is in Geelong morning, Emma. Have you been down to see the Smelly Flower?
Speaker 6: No, I've been trying to.
Speaker 5: But the lines is that long, Emma.
Speaker 6: It is heaving down here. You're missing out.
Speaker 5: See you know someone at the front of the line. You just got to know someone. Hey, am, how this is going to work? Clen's going to throw you a couple of clues. If you can work out which celebrity is in bed with us, you are going to walk out of here with five hundred dollars plus putting yourself in the drawer for the Ultimate bed shed Room Makeover, valued at well over seven and a half thousand bucks Clue number one standards.
Speaker 3: Good luck, Emma. I woke up yesterday a year older. I'm now fifty.
Speaker 6: Oh someone's birthday yesterday.
Speaker 2: Any idea.
Speaker 5: No, not of the pop of.
Speaker 6: In bed with a fifty year old this morning?
Speaker 2: Are we there is one Oscar in bed with.
Speaker 6: Me, Oscar the Grouch.
Speaker 5: We're gonna have to leave it there.
Speaker 3: Ashley in Lara, just down the road from Geelong, Good morning.
Speaker 2: It's your chance to win.
Speaker 12: Good morning.
Speaker 2: Have you heard the first two clues I have?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: Any idea is.
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: Here's another one.
Speaker 3: I woke up in bed and realized I've been in the acting industry for more than forty years.
Speaker 2: Also nail.
Speaker 5: Big celebrity birthday yesterday. Everyone was giving this guy shout it.
Speaker 2: Do we give her another one?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Go on?
Speaker 3: I once was Jordan Belfort waking up in bed.
Speaker 5: You spoke about on the show we did over one hundred? Is our frequency?
Speaker 6: Did I talk about?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Congratulation?
Speaker 13: Yes, thank you?
Speaker 14: Sorry I missed that.
Speaker 6: I am a loyal listener.
Speaker 5: That's a right mole. More concerned about a co host that actually spoke about it. Hey, Ashley, five bucks and you're in the running for the bedroom makeover thanks to Bed Shared. Nice work, great guys, no worries. Flauren Phillips live from the Geelong Botannic gardens this morning. A lot of kids lining up the smelling plant, A.
Speaker 6: Lot of kids lining up to smell the stinky plant. In fact, a lot of people there's I just went for a walk. There's hundreds and hundreds of people here. It's quite a scene.
Speaker 2: A lot of people gathered around you as well.
Speaker 5: You're the daughter's home.
Speaker 2: You're attracting quite a lot of attention to how do you smell?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, I'm a big fan of Geelong. I've spent a lot of time down here.
Speaker 2: The matriarch.
Speaker 6: Sort of like Fergie who got kicked out of the Royal Family when a bit like that. But I do love Geelong, so I'm thrilled to be back here.
Speaker 5: Six. We'll come back to the plant soon. First they change your place.
Speaker 6: Well, you know what everyone's been talking about recently, and it is the new Wicked movie. Because they did the world premiere in Sydney. It was on the Monday before Melbourne Cup, so none of us went because we didn't want to go to sydneyled by something.
Speaker 5: Is this the Wizard of Oz story?
Speaker 6: So it's prequel to the Wizard of Ots right, Wicked and it is an amazing musical as many of us know. If you're a musical geek like me, haven't you seen the music or Define Gravity? Oh what a banger. Anyway, it is now being turned into a movie. Sorry, Ariana Grande. And with big blockbuster movies like this comes something we all love, merch. So Metel's got involved. They've made an Ariana Grande doll in Wickhit. Have you seen it? I think she looks quite cheek as a doll. There's yeah, I think so. Yeah, I haven't seen it. Didn't go because it was on Melbourne Cape Eve. I think so. Anyway, they've got this great doll. They've printed it, they've made it all up, they've put it in stores. All the details are on the back of the matel box, except there has been a typo on the website. It happens to the best of us. They've put on the back of the box Wicked. Don't look it up, certainly, don't look it up on a work computer. Wicked dot com. I believe it should have been Wicked themovie dot com. Oh no, and Wicked dot com.
Speaker 5: He's pretty weak.
Speaker 6: A movie for families. Put it that way.
Speaker 3: It is a movie searching Wicked dot com stand by I've had to be verified to get in.
Speaker 6: Oh, what can you see? Clinton?
Speaker 2: What can't I see?
Speaker 3: That's really Oh, it is a destination for for some Eurotic movies.
Speaker 5: When Lauren, when Lauren's on to start working together, management said you're going to work with Lauren Phillips. So I googled Lauren Phillips.
Speaker 6: Oh, yeah, the fiery redhead.
Speaker 5: Yeah I didn't, I didn't. Well, yeah, there's a there's an adult film star called Lauren Phillips. There is, so I've looked her up. You can imagine how disappointment it was when you walked in and I'm like, well, hey, and you're not the person they said I was going to be working.
Speaker 6: Well, you can imagine how disappointed all the dads were when I got the job on kids w B and they accidentally linked the wrong website.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you who.
Speaker 3: The star of Wicked dot com is just doing bit of exploring here, Stormy Daniels.
Speaker 2: She stars in Fantasia.
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, question for the room and Melbourne this morning and by all means to get involved. Thirteen twenty four ten. You haven't been caught looking at a naughty website?
Speaker 3: Look I haven't, but I had a friend, of course I did, who handed me his phone because I was inspecting a photo, a beautiful photo on his phone, and a notification popped up because he had a secondary Twitter account, and the Twitter notification popped up.
Speaker 2: You know when there's a new tweeter and follow or something like that. And let's just say it wasn't family friendly.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I said something. I said, let's open her up.
Speaker 6: Guys, Oh, do you remember that guy took a selfie with me and then went to review it and accidentally swipes too hard left and it swiped all through his photo album And wasn't all photos of me?
Speaker 5: Remember? I got caught at the chemist down there a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: What happened there?
Speaker 5: Again?
Speaker 6: No, don't tell the story again. I don't want to relive that.
Speaker 5: Worse for you, My mother in law was staying with a date.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I thought we were banned from telling this story.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: No, it's a difference, a different one about how many times.
Speaker 6: No, No, it's really got to start behaving yourself when your mother in law's in the house.
Speaker 5: Jason, I'm all nervous again. She borrowed my laptop to book some flights.
Speaker 2: You didn't clear the history. You didn't empty the.
Speaker 6: People learned to do that in about two thousand and four.
Speaker 5: No, it wasn't that. When she had him a laptop back, I opened Safari and I could see that she was wait the jets like the tab was open. It was the jet Start page and I've closed the tab and my last website was there, So she's obviously had to go new search window.
Speaker 6: What do you check that stuff before your hand over the lap you, Tony? I know, maybe she got into it though she didn't shut down. Maybe she liked it a difference. Wendy get it, Wendy what said? No, I don't want to know.
Speaker 2: I do. What was it?
Speaker 6: I'm not listening thirteen twenty. Lauren Phillips has left the conversation thirteen twenty.
Speaker 5: It wasn't Wicked dot com.
Speaker 6: He was just trying to get to find Gravit attendant.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, not not the jet star page like a different Yeah, okay, I'm getting No, I'm getting hot plastic thirteen twenty four.
Speaker 6: Ten is ound number attend You don't know that page?
Speaker 5: Have you been caught looking at an adult website? Or maybe you've caught someone else thirty. We'll take your calls next. Lauren is live from the Geelong Ptendant Gardens this morning. She's there for the smelly Corpse Flower. A quick fashions on the field there, Lows.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I found a corpse flower enthusiast and from Geelong the boys fashion sense.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well I think this is this is exactly how we roll down here guys.
Speaker 6: Talk me through your look.
Speaker 9: And we've gone the collared shirt with the tracksuit plan set up drug dealer ic.
Speaker 6: Talk to me Nick. You've just been in to see the smelling plant.
Speaker 9: How was it absolutely amazing, Lauren?
Speaker 6: Was it a proper stink, real stink?
Speaker 2: First to wait, Nick, I waited for an hour.
Speaker 6: And twenty months and did you did you roll in the scent?
Speaker 10: I wafted someone to myself to really walk out of his bottle it you were going to.
Speaker 6: Bottle let seef Chemist Warehouse would like to sell it with a.
Speaker 2: Brand on it to j Lo Galow.
Speaker 6: All right, perfect Christmas.
Speaker 5: Thank you guys. Thirteen twenty four ten is our number. We'll get back to the flower in a sec. First, so we're talking. Yeah, you need naughty website.
Speaker 3: Yea's been caught on a naughty website Ebony and Heidelberg. Good morning, Have you been caught or did you catch somebody?
Speaker 15: I caught someone I've never been more.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 4: So this bet and he's a very lovable guy, He's very personable.
Speaker 15: He's about seventy plus.
Speaker 6: Anyway, whenever we go.
Speaker 15: Into the vet visits, he's always amazing my dog and then he'll want to talk.
Speaker 16: About his personal life show.
Speaker 13: So one when we go went in and it was just been.
Speaker 16: His birthday and he's showing the photos of.
Speaker 15: The family and his wife and his swipe to this photo.
Speaker 13: Of this lady in a very very racey costume.
Speaker 2: And I've never been back.
Speaker 15: My husband does all the VET visits down.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can't undersay that.
Speaker 5: I just remembered one another one hang on involved the mother in law.
Speaker 6: Going to involved his mother.
Speaker 5: Hang on, we didn't mind the seconds from point talk tyson. What happened?
Speaker 17: So?
Speaker 16: I was given a laptop of the age as twelve by my sister who I live with. My sister and her partner, and I had forgotten to close the browser and he used my laptop from time to time and I opened it up to something that you probably shouldn't have seen confronted me about it as she as you would. I said, no, denied it, whatnot. And so then she thought that it was her partner.
Speaker 6: Did you let him take the blame?
Speaker 16: Roasted him?
Speaker 5: That's strong, is strong?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're not owning up for that. If there's someone you can handle the blame too.
Speaker 5: This wasn't me, I'm telling you, it wasn't me. In fact, he'll kill me for saying. But good mate of mine, little cam who you guys can.
Speaker 18: He He walked into his parents' kitchen and his mum was sitting on the couch watching TV, and his dad was sitting on the laptop of the kitchen table watching something else.
Speaker 6: Did mum know what dad was watching?
Speaker 5: Dad?
Speaker 6: She think he was watching the Block as well.
Speaker 2: Dad wasn't watching the Block.
Speaker 6: She was very enthusiastic about the styling on the block. He really was got very excited about Shana Blaze's choice.
Speaker 5: Just just before we move on though, just listening to your news this morning, and oh mate, hearing it come through late your staff to learn about the water tanker going into a childcare center, just only what two weeks after that tragic accident at that school, in Melbourne, and.
Speaker 3: Our thoughts to the Bryant family this morning. Eleanor Bryant was forty three. She died as she actually tried to rescue or pushed the children out of the way inside that kindergarten.
Speaker 5: She's a hero.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Riddles Creag. It's just extraordinary. The kids and the parents and the teachers there at mob Sorry Preschool. We are thinking of you this morning.
Speaker 6: Such a tragedy absolutely.
Speaker 3: And the little boy, the three year old who's currently in hospital with some pretty bad arm injuries.
Speaker 6: Our teachers and educators Clinton and Jace, they do such an amazing job. So a shout out to all of the teachers and educators out there this morning. You do so much for the kids in this great state and that is just a tragic, tragic story. Thoughts very much with the community this morning.
Speaker 5: I was just saying, like, only what two weeks ago when that tragic accident happened with the car going through the fence at the school. I mean, even that morning there was so much anxiety amongst parents sending their kids to school the next day, and then you know, with what happened at the daycare yesterday here in Melbourne.
Speaker 3: It's just you know, inside those four walls, there's such such an innocence.
Speaker 5: That's then I was saying to Lure my wife last night. Up until two weeks ago, when you would drop the kids off at school or daycare, it was almost like you didn't even think about it.
Speaker 2: You were just like a safe place.
Speaker 5: They were the safest place possible. See at three o'clock, it was just it was the last thing that would go through your mind.
Speaker 6: And how do you feel Jason keeps to school.
Speaker 5: Anxiety about it at the moment. I mean I felt that two weeks ago, after the tragic events that happened at that school, and then just seeing what happened yesterday, it's just like, why the hell, it's just a reminder.
Speaker 3: Onelike the incident at Auburn South, it sounds like that the driver involved did suffer a medical episode. So it's just it's it sounds like a freak accident and it is utterly heartbreaking.
Speaker 5: But our thoughts are with that community. This morning, it has just gone seventeen past seven.
Speaker 2: This is no.
Speaker 5: Over one hundred. It's the weed. Everyone's talking about it.
Speaker 6: We should do the whole show on it.
Speaker 1: The corpse plant is an actual plant, corpse flower has voyaged in the Botanic Gardens a flatter space.
Speaker 5: That's right. We are alive from the Geelong Botanic Gardens this morning. One Lauren Phillips is on location with the Smelly Korean Plant assignment.
Speaker 6: Lauren, it is a very important assignment. You are right. This is an iconic moment in Geelong's history, in Victoria is history. The corpse plant has bloomed. Can I set the scene for you? I woke up at four o'clock this morning and just quickly checked the live stream with thinking there won't be a person in there. Well, the line was three four hundred meters long at four am. It has been going all night because this plant only blooms for twenty four to forty eight hours and it stinks like dead fish.
Speaker 5: You thick? Do you think people outside? Apparently that's how Victoria get it. Like I know, We're in a meeting yesterday with our bosses and we said to Sarah, our bosses in Sydney, how were we going to go lie from the Geelong Potentic Gardens tomorrow for the smelly plant? Right?
Speaker 6: She loved it. She loved it. And this is the thing about Victorian's right. We love hype. We get so excited about things like the freeway is full of people racing to get down here to get a glimpse because it's got such a small window the line at the moment. And look, it is an absolutely sparkling morning down here, but the line would be six seven hundred meters long. People are waiting to.
Speaker 2: Victorians love it.
Speaker 6: We love it, And all of a sudden we're all plant enthusiastic.
Speaker 2: You take that Sydney Harbor. We got the corpse plant well today.
Speaker 6: And you know what, and then it dies and it rebirths itself or some such thing, and then it'll be back in seven to two years. But well, that is a good question. What will last long with the corpse plant or us Jose? But I have been catching up with a few of the very excited lolders down here who are just as excited as I am. Mike and Beth, you've just been in to see the corpse plant. How was it?
Speaker 7: It's like a distant dead mouse. It's like, ah, there's a small dead animal just over there. So it's not really that pungent, but it's definitely like decaying small things.
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, one.
Speaker 19: Of those you know, oh, I really should probably check under the fridge sort of, you know, move, move it out and see.
Speaker 6: It's not a smell you don want floating around your house.
Speaker 7: No, no, but it could be much more pungent than it is.
Speaker 6: Well, I heard last night it was like peak stink. It's sort of mellowed out a bit, and it's going to get peak stinky again.
Speaker 5: Oh is it?
Speaker 1: I want to smell that we may have to come back for a re smell.
Speaker 6: They're coming back for around two or was a vibe like in the line or people excited?
Speaker 7: People are excited and people are really patient. And there was one lady from the community who was going around and giving everyone a mosquito repellent.
Speaker 19: Yes, like her own supply of just coming along ago. Do you need something to use some say yes, if you are learning up, please bring, bring snacks, bring coffee, and mosquito repellent.
Speaker 5: And there you go.
Speaker 6: That's the community spirit. Guys, we like to see thanks for joining us.
Speaker 5: Okay on pack they were devo.
Speaker 6: They didn't get a peak stink.
Speaker 5: So I'm noticing a lot of people are there for the smell.
Speaker 6: But it is actually a beautiful flower as well.
Speaker 5: Apparently it's quite per Apparently it's like the site you you haven't seen it yet because we've said don't go inside the greenhouse just yet.
Speaker 6: No, you won't let me in for a smell, for a sniff. But I was watching the live stream and there's people in there like really not coping with the smell. But last night, apparently the smell was coming out of the greenhouse and like wafting all through the botanic gardens. With this morning, I don't know, maybe it's a little still here this morning, the waft isn't wafting as much.
Speaker 2: I've just done a Google job. Yeah, the armor pothhallus titanium, as it's more commonly.
Speaker 6: Known, that rolls off the tonguehovers titanium.
Speaker 2: If you're in America, you can actually buy one online.
Speaker 5: Oh we go, we must buy one.
Speaker 6: We must go, and then wait ten years for it to blue.
Speaker 2: We can put in a pot in the studio, watch it flourish.
Speaker 6: You two have been locked in that studio for three hours. I reckon it smells just as bad.
Speaker 5: The vibe in the line is very polite. Do you think anyone's meeting friends or God.
Speaker 6: Forbidman plant enthusiast took ups. I can see one girl over there who's like about to kill her little brother. I think they've been waiting in the line too long. I haven't seen any romance blooming as yet, but I will. I will look around and see if I can find a true love story under the waft of the call.
Speaker 5: When you were kids, did your parents have a drag into anything like they.
Speaker 2: We saw Hale's Haley's commet.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah. As a kid, we lined up outside kindy for hours to wave with the queen when you went past.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well they are saying that this is reminiscent of the Queen in Waiting whenever one lined up through London to say their farewells. Because I guess the plant is dying. It dies in twenty four hours, so it's a very similar scene.
Speaker 2: I'm sure the royal family would love that comparison. The Queen and the corpse flower.
Speaker 5: We lined up for like two hours to get inside Expo eighty eight.
Speaker 2: I did, Princess.
Speaker 3: She was there, Yeah, she was, and her and Charlie and we were there, yeah eighty eight.
Speaker 2: Together, we'll share the world with the platypuss.
Speaker 5: You walk around with the hat half.
Speaker 6: Up there you go. It's all the big things that make you line up for hours, isn't.
Speaker 5: It really was? You go the diving show I think I did?
Speaker 2: And on the ferris Wheel was just still there?
Speaker 5: The Ski show on the Brisbane.
Speaker 2: Did said Ski show?
Speaker 5: You didn't live. It's just got twenty six past seven Bruno and Rose. Morning. Everyone.
Speaker 2: You like that song?
Speaker 5: I hated it last week. It's stuck on me.
Speaker 6: It's growing on me too, Just.
Speaker 5: Gone twenty six to eight morning everyone. This is number one hundred. We're doing it thanks to What If. It's Ozzie for Travel. Jason Lauren at Well, Jason Clint at the Nova Studios, Lauren in Geelong at the Corpse Flower. More on that in a tick. First though, Oh how's this? This will put you in a good mood because you'll go, thank God, I'm not George. Big shout out to George who.
Speaker 6: Owns George the Coffee Man.
Speaker 5: George the Coffee Man. Miss loved George, Miss Alex and co. Is the name of his coffee shop just along since Kilda Road there, just up from Melwood.
Speaker 6: Now what time do they open? Because we love a coffee shop that opens three five point thirty.
Speaker 5: Georgie's there at like four thirty wood On.
Speaker 3: So you're in a relationship with George now, but you've broken up with our former flame, coffee flame Adam Adam Atoma.
Speaker 6: He must be in the broken.
Speaker 5: Hearts demonstating I need to go down and every day. But I walked in, walked in this morning. George was looking a little bit down. I said, what's wrong about it? And he goes, I get a story for you. So George used to work at a car dealership. Used to work in the car dealership World Car City.
Speaker 6: Keep your eyes open for a market.
Speaker 5: So he had a number of number plates, like personalized number plates he was trying to flog off.
Speaker 6: Oh gosh, people make a fortune off these things.
Speaker 5: That's right, they do. So he just put a couple up on his Facebook page. And only twelve months ago, so only a year ago. A guy reached out and said, hey, I'm interested in money your number plate. It's going to come down the coffee shop and buy it off you. George's like, okay, this guy rolls in.
Speaker 6: You know what it said, sexy boy with an eye or something.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I'll tell you what the license plate was in the sec. This guy walked in and went, I really want that one. In fact, I'll give you eleven thousand dollars for it right now.
Speaker 6: Eleven thousand. I told you people are cleaning up on these thes.
Speaker 5: Eleven grand. So you think, oh, well, I'll take that, right Yeah. So he took it, and then he went home, worked on the TV and saw the guy bought the license plate. Do you know what the license plate was? George used to work in car dealing, and he used to work for a license licensed motor car trader. That's right. The number plate was l MCT.
Speaker 3: Oh Adrian Portelli it is indeed, Ah, that's the name of his company, LMCT.
Speaker 5: It was. Adrian walked in gave them eleven grand. George went home and put the TV on, and there he is on the block house half milk. He would have it.
Speaker 6: He would have paid it, he ah.
Speaker 5: Just like you and Adrian Paul telling on. Yet he goes a million.
Speaker 6: Well not really, George, George, that's on you. She is on research, George. But eleven thousand dollars is nothing to sneeze that. I'd be very if anyone wants to buy my number plates, you can pay all my fines and I'll throw in the number of flats one. I actually don't even know what my number plate.
Speaker 5: Is. Have you Have you told what happened yesterday, Laura?
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, Jace. It was a scene reminiscent of Dumb and Dumb. Right, So you know that scene in Dumb and Dumber where the window is half down there Jim Carey sticks his head up. Except I was in the car and Jay's banged on the window and frightened me, which is his favorite thing to do. And I put the window half down and til it told him to go away, and he tried to shove his fat head in the half down window, smacked his teeth on the window. I thought he had fully knocked his two front teeth out. I was expecting blood. Got his head wedged in the half found windows stuck, got his head stuck, and I was like, what need to do? He deserved that, He deserved it.
Speaker 5: I was leaning in to tell her a little bit of gossip, and I'm like, hey, guess what.
Speaker 6: I had smashed my face in front of six and nov employees who were just walking out of the office together.
Speaker 2: I thought you were having a pash, you.
Speaker 6: Know, he fell. He fell down into the gutter and was lying in the gutter in between my car and the gutter.
Speaker 5: On Clarenmon Street in South Melbourne. You know how many people wore past. It was like, oh God, radio is not paying him. I was.
Speaker 6: I was trying to get the camera footage from the tesla, but I'm not smart enough to work out how to do it.
Speaker 5: It is just gone twenty away. Cameras captured the moment. I got to meet Taylor yesterday. What a special moment that was. You got your two hats.
Speaker 6: It never looked better.
Speaker 2: I know you can be glad I didn't pull out a ring and say marry me.
Speaker 5: I'm very glad. You can check it out Jason Lauren on Insta go to the stories there and Taylor Swift fans, have you got a week for you next week on nov Oh say no more, but you are going to want to be listening to Nova next week.
Speaker 6: We should do the whole show on it.
Speaker 1: The corpse plant is an actual plant.
Speaker 17: Corpse flower has volumed in the Botanic Gardens.
Speaker 2: Flatter's face it on.
Speaker 5: It's all happened in Gelong this morning. Lauren is life from the Geelong Botanic gardens.
Speaker 6: I am here with thousands of Geelong locals and people who have ventured down the highway from Melbourne to see this rare occurrence happens once every ten years. It is the corpse plant in full bloom. Now there are you know, there's some icons in Geelong. I think the corpse plan is top of the tree though it's.
Speaker 3: Funny should say that because Gelong won the flag in twenty twenty too, and I dare say this is the biggest thing to happen in that fine town since that premiership.
Speaker 6: Good one hundred percent and just as many people have come out to said the corpse plant as they did the premiership cup.
Speaker 5: Clint One lady who has been glued to the life expression she is reporting of it.
Speaker 6: She's a big celebrity in Gelong.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, comes a close second to the smelly plant from Jeneral seven Beck Madden good more.
Speaker 13: Oh clean Laws Jay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well what we call ourselves a celebrity?
Speaker 14: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Looss?
Speaker 6: Yes, that's your long celebrity.
Speaker 15: I am so envious of you this morning.
Speaker 7: Laws.
Speaker 6: Now you've been active on the socials about the corpse plant because you are the official first Lady of Geelong. You Geelong's number one fan. Is this the biggest thing to happen to Geelong since the premiership.
Speaker 15: I don't know why I'm addicted to this thing, but I've had the live camera up every opportunity I check it out and on the news on Sunday night, I said to my producer, now, listen, we are crossing live to this thing. We're getting a live shot up like Bomberg and this style.
Speaker 2: We're going across to.
Speaker 15: This planet like nothing's happening with it. I don't care. I'm happy to cross to it and say nothing happening in Staytube. And we did that on Sunday.
Speaker 14: I'm so glad laughing.
Speaker 3: At me, I'm so glad you mentioned that, Beck, because you and I are fearless award winning journalists. And the scene was similar in the nine news room yesterday. I don't know where the cruise on the ground are the cruise on the ground now?
Speaker 2: Was he there?
Speaker 15: Are?
Speaker 6: The Today Show have just turned up? I send it everyone else channel Line and trying to claim this is.
Speaker 5: I tell Beck, what happened in your newsroom yesterday when you told them where we're going to be.
Speaker 3: We were doing an outside broadcast with Lauren Phillips. So there was a chorus of laughter.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with them?
Speaker 15: They're not as quirky and as interesting as us quirky little off beat, you know. But hang on a minute. I think the crowds.
Speaker 6: Prove the absolutely, there's thousands of people here, Beck, But I need to know you're coming down for a snifter.
Speaker 15: I can't. I can you fully describe it to stay with that in Bristyle.
Speaker 6: So I haven't been in yet, Beck, because the boys are holding me off and the anticipation is just growing and growing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're waiting till prime time eight o'clock.
Speaker 6: I've been told because it's not it's not a peak.
Speaker 2: Need you're part of the.
Speaker 5: We're like, we need to fill it and get to wait.
Speaker 6: But what I do that I've got a little sample bottle and we are endeavoring to go in with the sample cup and we're going to fill it with corpse plant air and bring it back into the studio. So if you're lucky, I'll give you a booon when I get back to Melbourne. Done.
Speaker 5: No, I don't believe. So hey, Bet, can I ask you a bit of a green thumb around the house? Is horticulture for a culture, your sort of thing.
Speaker 15: When I was putting the bins out yesterday, I saw a weed and I went down to pull it out, and it was a very big weed and I did that successfully.
Speaker 2: Just a weed or weed.
Speaker 15: No, just one way right, one weed that was growing like it was like a jack and the bean stalk moment, and I had to get rid of it otherwise the neighbors state, that's so I pulled it out.
Speaker 6: Beck. We do love jumping on a bandwagon, don't we? And I think this is the biggest example of Victorians and Melbournians jumping on a bandwagon. When you see how many people are here to see the stinky flower.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 15: You know what? Such a thing I've thought about this and why I'm actually so obsessed with flower. We have to reportedly hear about grim, terrible things every day and that's life.
Speaker 14: And you know what, to have a little bit of.
Speaker 15: Fun about a flower that flowers once every ten years, that actually is not that pretty and smells disgusting. Is it good break in the cycle that.
Speaker 11: We live in?
Speaker 5: You know what, I think you've hit the nail on the head there, That's what it is. Because you're right, the world's got such grim news and then obviously Trump, you know, in this last week, and it's like, you know, we're just looking for something fun. Hey, can I just point out before we let you go back? I know you and Clint rival yes, but it's nice to see you're still grounded and take your own bins out. Do you want to tell Beck who who used to take your bins out? Clint?
Speaker 6: Time on, Clint, you need to do this again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I lived next door to some beautiful elderly folks.
Speaker 2: They were in their nineties in the nineties. You know why they did.
Speaker 5: It, Jason, in the nineteen and what did they used to do for you?
Speaker 2: They took my bins out every week. They had a passion.
Speaker 3: They had a passion for rubbish.
Speaker 2: They brought it in as well.
Speaker 6: Madam. Thank you for joining us this morning. And you're right. It is just a feel good story down here in Gelong and it is free if you want to come along and check it out with your family as well.
Speaker 15: All right, I'll try and get down there. I don't know if I can today, and then I'll miss it because the god dampting.
Speaker 6: Die, I know it dies, come down for a snifter.
Speaker 5: Come on, you beg about eleven thirty today they start, they said, the smell will start going in.
Speaker 2: The flower from down there.
Speaker 5: I don't know if she will make it.
Speaker 6: That's the thee. It's only it's only alive and stinking for twenty four to forty eight hours, and we are nearly rolling on twenty four hours.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, look it's coming up to eight o'klock, which means.
Speaker 6: Lauren, you should see you're right them lining up?
Speaker 5: Will she gag? We're gonna find out after the eight o'clock news.
Speaker 8: One question.
Speaker 5: Let's June five thousand dollars. This is she spend Lawrence? Five thousand dollar? Question?
Speaker 3: Five thousand dollars Question time. And this morning, Jase, we are playing with Alyssa from Mordielic. Morning, Alyssa, good morning.
Speaker 5: Let's see you recently did work experience with a great barrier reef?
Speaker 2: Was it stinger season?
Speaker 5: Well, no, I was going to say, was it exciting as the lineup for the corpse flower in Geelong this morning?
Speaker 6: It was?
Speaker 13: It was very exciting.
Speaker 16: I don't know if it was as exciting as that, but it was pretty upset.
Speaker 2: Not much is much is exactly a big question this morning.
Speaker 3: Do you want an easy question fifty bucks, medium question five hundred or a hard question for five thousand dollars?
Speaker 5: What are we doing?
Speaker 15: I'll do the five hundred, please, good corp.
Speaker 5: Let's do it five hundred dollars. Now I got this. You did get straight away?
Speaker 3: You did, Jace, Alicia, you got You got three seconds to answer. Make sure you answer inside that three seconds.
Speaker 5: If you don't know, yes, absolutely right, okay.
Speaker 2: And then if Jace says he got this one, you should get.
Speaker 15: It and just put the pressure on a little bit.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, good luck, here comes your question or thanks to KFC. Eding to KFC and get more bang for your bucket with KFC's packed lunch from just nine to ninety nine not available on delivery for five hundred dollars. Who was the first female prime Minister of Britain?
Speaker 1: Three Angler Merkele.
Speaker 2: Angler Merkle was a German chancellor.
Speaker 5: Close It was Jason Margaret Thatcher. That's what I was thinking of, Yes, your grumpy looking lady Madge.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was.
Speaker 6: Picturing her in the crown as well.
Speaker 5: That's where I knew from straightway she was made of.
Speaker 2: She really was you got a price for her? No?
Speaker 5: Thanks for playing? No, no, no, I'll tell you what. We will hook you up with a two hundred and fifty Holy Molly gift card.
Speaker 19: Oh thank you.
Speaker 5: No worries. Holy Molly Funhouse now open on Little Burke Street. To Charlie Molly fun House for more info. Yes, she was, she was bloody great. The Crowns coming up next. Guys, we're crossing back to Lauren. She is relocating at the moment. Yep.
Speaker 3: We're got a live shot right now and she's edging closer to the Greenhouse.
Speaker 5: So she is at the Gelong Botannic Gardens as well as thousands. Now I'm not taking the mickey. If you don't believe us, go to Adjason Lauren insta story. We've been posting videos the amount of people. This place has been open for twenty four hours through the night, and it is a constant flow of people coming down the seat the corps to hour.
Speaker 3: It's akin to those people who line up for Grand Final tickets.
Speaker 5: Yes it is, yes, or when the queen died exactly and she was laying in waiting, We've still got a few hours.
Speaker 2: In this corpse plant. Like the Queen the.
Speaker 5: Corp sorry, the corpse places, she rested the plant or both, gotcha. It will be a live till about midday today and coming up next. They say it's the smelliest thing in the world, will it mate? Lauren gags she's having a sniff next.
Speaker 6: We should do the whole show on it.
Speaker 1: The corpse plant is an actual plant.
Speaker 17: Corpse flower has voyaged del Botanic Gardens flatter.
Speaker 5: Space and I cannot believe we're doing this. Good Morning, Melbourne, it is sixteen past states.
Speaker 3: Don't you ever say that we don't tackle the big issues on this show.
Speaker 5: That's exactly right. Lauren is alive from Geelong Botanic Gardens this morning. Please tell us why I.
Speaker 6: Am Because Geelong has just hit its millions visitor through the Greenhouse smiling check that I might have exaggerated that slightly hundreds of thousands. I'm going to say. There are people everywhere in Geelong, people hooning down the highway trying to get here to have a whiff of the world's stinkiest flower. It is the corpse plant. It blooms once every seven to ten years, and it is only in bloom and stinking for twenty four forty eight hours.
Speaker 5: Has really escaled late in the last twenty four hours. It was this time yesterday Lauren was watching a live stream and I was like, who is watching that? And then all got no one. All day I just saw people doing posts saying I'm watching the plant. I'm watching the plant.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, it's a beautiful morning down here in Geelong, boys, and there is a line of thousands of people last night at eight pm. Because I kept the greenhouse open for twenty four hours last night, people waited four hours to come in and get a whiff. And I heard it was at peaks thank last night. And it's pretty stinky this morning, but it is coming in waves of ear in my news.
Speaker 3: Just then I badged you as our chief sniffer. How do you feel about that title? Are you ready for the responsibility that comes with it?
Speaker 6: I'm not sure I like that title.
Speaker 5: Okay, honest, we're going to play so all right you are.
Speaker 6: They've brought me around to a side door.
Speaker 5: Okay, you are outside the green room at the moment, the greenhouse on the other side of this song. We will get you to open the door.
Speaker 6: And I'm going to walk in. I want to see walk to the plant. I'm going to stick my head right in it now.
Speaker 5: The big question will be will she gag? We'll find out next. Ah. We are watching the live stream from the Geelong Botanic Gardens this morning. People down there checking out the most famous plant in the world, the corpse flower, which has bloomed after ten years.
Speaker 3: We've got prams, we've got phone cameras, we've got people getting up close and personal and giving it a.
Speaker 5: We've got kids wondering why am I not at school? And we've got our own Lauren Phillips just outside the greenhouse.
Speaker 6: You send me to all the big stories. Guys. This is the stinkiest plant in the country, one of only about one thousand in the world. Actually, the corpse plant blooms once every seven to ten years. I'm outside the greenhouse in Geelong where there are thousands and thousands of people waiting to get in. Is it time to go inside?
Speaker 2: You have a sensitive nose.
Speaker 6: I have a sensitive nose, and I have a very bad gag reflex clip as you have hurt before you go in. Also, as you know, but you don't.
Speaker 5: She's walking tell us.
Speaker 6: I haven't even gone in and it smells.
Speaker 5: Really so you can so the whole thing.
Speaker 6: As I walk closer. You know, it smells like a garbage bin. The whole joint stinks like a garbage bin.
Speaker 5: We're going to see you on the Geelong Botanical Garden's life stream.
Speaker 6: I think I'm coming against the traffic a little bit though.
Speaker 5: Push the kids out of the way. That lady in the prem.
Speaker 6: Oh all right, we are live from the greenhouse. It's pretty stinky in here, guys, big she's a beauty and let me tell you she looks much better than she smells. How close can I get? Okay, you're ready for a Get that.
Speaker 5: Head right, don't have then over hat fall off in the flower. Look at the live strip. I want to I want to see take it in.
Speaker 6: It's it's pretty repulsive. Arounds like it smells like a bin full of dead possums, is what I would say.
Speaker 2: Can you give it a little just touch it a little bit?
Speaker 6: No, I can't touch it. You can't touch it. There's security every weekly. It's not it look it's it's not gag worthy at this time. But Kelly from the Botanic Gardens is here and i've is it. Does it pulsate and it gets worse.
Speaker 10: Yes, absolutely, it just let off one about five minutes ago.
Speaker 6: When you say let off, is it like it?
Speaker 10: It's like a really thick smell, really strong smell, and then it dissipates. So and she's on her way out, so she's coming down a little bit.
Speaker 6: Why is it is?
Speaker 14: She?
Speaker 6: I feel like if it smells like that, it should be a bloke. Yes, I'm happy for it to be the bigger.
Speaker 2: Did you smell that.
Speaker 6: Just let off studio with the toy? It's let one?
Speaker 2: Oh the flowers crop dusting.
Speaker 9: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 6: Would you describe it as letting it rip?
Speaker 5: Kelly?
Speaker 10: Well, sure, let's humanize it just a little bit and we can then give it.
Speaker 2: Can you hate description? Can you?
Speaker 3: You know when you taste when you smell something that smells, so you taste it? Can you taste it?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 6: You can taste it?
Speaker 9: Can't you tell? I don't want to answer that, Thank.
Speaker 5: You, Kelly. So we were chatting to you earlier. You were saying, because she she dilated and opened yesterday at about eleven thirty, we saw it in all her glory. What happens today? Does she start to close up, dry up?
Speaker 9: Yeah, she's starting to close up.
Speaker 10: She's already put her frilly little ballerina dress starting to curl.
Speaker 2: Up on the left, So does the dress full of.
Speaker 9: No, it'll just collapse. The whole thing will collapse on.
Speaker 5: The whole, even the big rod coming out the middle.
Speaker 6: Yeah, does she hit one final rip? Happen? And then it's flowers? Will?
Speaker 9: I hope?
Speaker 5: So? Yeah?
Speaker 9: I hope so too.
Speaker 6: Have you ever seen it before?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 10: No, this is the first time for me to see it, Not today, but when it opened, and then I haven't even had a chance to really stand here and admire it.
Speaker 6: How can something so beautiful be equally so repulsive.
Speaker 9: It needs to do its thing.
Speaker 10: It needs to get its babies out like plants grow and put a flower up just to get babies.
Speaker 2: Yes, can you give it? Just give it one more?
Speaker 5: Can you go around for the life? I want to see you who on the live on you want to see me the moment around the other see the back of my head around the other side.
Speaker 6: Get that, letting me grow?
Speaker 2: Please get the kids out of the.
Speaker 6: Push wait for a long time longer. Well, I'm just going to try not to ruin these people's photos, and I.
Speaker 2: Want you to get in there and give speak wave on the Can you see me?
Speaker 5: No, I think we might be in a bit.
Speaker 6: This way. It's pretty impressive, isn't it amazing.
Speaker 9: We've been coming for the last six days in a row. We couldn't get in yesterday the I was too long.
Speaker 6: But six days you've been coming to get a whiff of the sniff. Here it is. It's it's beautiful, but it really smells. They're directing me how I'm just trying to star on the live stream here. I don't know if you can do absolutely and I do not want to be closer to Okay, here we go. Oh yeah, it's no good.
Speaker 9: It's absolutely rotten.
Speaker 6: My mom and dad, I've made it.
Speaker 5: I'm on the live stream.
Speaker 6: Hey good, I'm the people of Geelong. They've turned up in droves. Glass get the camera, awave? Do you guys think? Do you think it smells bad?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 6: How bad does it smell?
Speaker 2: Do you bring your sample cup? You need to get a bit?
Speaker 6: Yes, they're saying, we've got the sample cup. We'll get the sample cup, we'll get some air and I'll bring it back to the studio for you. He looks I've got min over hat on, so I stand out. Can you see me?
Speaker 5: It looks so desperate enough on the list.
Speaker 2: And there are some awards in media called the Walkley's.
Speaker 6: If I don't win one for sniffing this big Bertha, I don't know what I will win one for.
Speaker 5: You are on the air with Jason Lauren Clincher as well. We're doing to Thanks so mate to what if It's Ossie for travel. Lozzy is live in Geelong at the Btennan Garden. She is right next to the smelliest plant which is making news headlines, the corpse flower.
Speaker 6: The corpse flower. There are thousands of people that have come through this greenhouse in Gelong. It's nice and toasty in here, but my god, it danks Chase. And they've actually given it a nickname. Apparently every corpse flower gets a name, and here in Geelong they've named it Betsy. To any of the Betsy's out there, apparently you're pongy if your name's Betsy.
Speaker 2: About to.
Speaker 5: Go to cart about mid Today.
Speaker 2: And you are about to steal my thunder.
Speaker 6: I am Clinton Money and I've got the Today Show in the other ear because I told you I'm at all the biggest stories of the year. So the Today's Show turned up and they want to talk about the corpse plant. Also, it's ridiculous I should be an ambassador for the corpse plant.
Speaker 5: This is absolutely ridiculous that.
Speaker 6: I've been this excited about anything since my niece was born.
Speaker 5: When you rocked up your stama like, guys, we have to be across this flower, I was like, you're on the glue, mate.
Speaker 6: People are lining up for four hours to get a stinky wish.
Speaker 2: You got used to the pomp.
Speaker 6: I have got used to the pom, and I'm worried I'm going to smell like this for like the next three weeks.
Speaker 5: I hope, all right, we'll let you go so you can go on the Today Show. Yeah, passed it on Talk Up, Talk Up Geelong.
Speaker 2: You've got to get pick up on the chat.
Speaker 5: We will.
Speaker 2: We will.
Speaker 5: Just sticking on lining up for things. A lot of a lot of like community fairs on the weekend. I was saying, yesterday Lou and I took the boys to one in Chadston on the weekend. Local council there put on one. It was great.
Speaker 2: So what are we talking? What sort of fate?
Speaker 5: Imagine giant forty ovale food trucks, activities for the kids. Great crew from monash Uni were there, so, you know, arts and craft. But it was all free, which was amazing because, like, let's be honest, cost of living.
Speaker 2: At the moment, So what's that a local council thing?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but families trying to like take the kids out and actually do But all the rides were free. Everything was great, right, what do you what tent do you think was heaving with the biggest lineup.
Speaker 2: Gelato?
Speaker 5: Yet to pay for gelado? Did you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 2: The animal rides.
Speaker 5: Face paint, Oh, face paint, face mecha, mecha?
Speaker 2: What are we talking like? Butterflies?
Speaker 5: Yep, lions, tigers of course, snakes, snakes, the dogs frozen, frozen, very bad.
Speaker 2: And you were there with who with what?
Speaker 5: I was there with my wife and three children. Okay, the lineup for face paint was forty minutes. Oh that's a big, chunkier day a man that's trying to keep a two year old. Yeah, chill for forty minutes.
Speaker 2: You can do that stuff at home, surely.
Speaker 5: That's what I said to Lou. I'm like, let's leave, we'll go pass spot, I'll grab some paint on the us.
Speaker 2: Your mascara pencil and away we go.
Speaker 5: I'll draw a bloody tiger on him in the car. Let's do this, and she's like, no, we're waiting. The kids are excited.
Speaker 2: Stick fat.
Speaker 5: Forty minutes we get close to the tent. We're now probably three people from the front of the line. Now in the tent, there's five makeup artist working, right, we're three people back, so I know we're in the next round. It was at that point I saw the three people in front get on their phones. Hey, dar, we're next. Bring the kids. So the partners would then rock up with their children. So for the last forty minutes, the partners have been off entertaining the kids in other tents and stuff. So all of a sudden, we were three people. We've gone back to like nine deep.
Speaker 2: No, you can't do that. Thank you, Clint, you cannot do thank you. You have to be in the line. You get your face painting.
Speaker 5: Thank you. That's my argument. If you're not doing the forty minutes, no no face paint.
Speaker 2: For no face paint for you. So how did you persist?
Speaker 5: What do you reckon? I did you did? Now?
Speaker 2: You pulled the kids out.
Speaker 5: I was sitting there and I looked at you and I'm like, oh, my goodness, say something you don't like confrontation.
Speaker 2: No you didn't.
Speaker 5: I blew up inappropriate. You can't do that. And obviously I said it all in my mind because I was too gutless to say it to them. I just sat there grinning and looking at them.
Speaker 3: Oh, jas that you've got you. That's what lines are for. Everyone's got to be in the line.
Speaker 5: You've got to You've got like do you think that'd be happening down in Geelong this morning at the Potanic Gardens.
Speaker 2: No, you can't sneak somebody in.
Speaker 5: Its mad Dennis been lining up for four hours and he Bianca and Tom and can we just do a big shout out to the people that have been line up through the night. It's extraordinary thing. It's a long Botannic Gardens. If you don't believe us, because I'll be honest, when I was told people lining up to see the plant, I was like, not happening. You can go to our Insta stories Jason Lauren on socials. The crowd have been lining up through the night to go and see this plant. Our very own Lauren Phillips is down there live this morning. We're going to cross back to her again soon. She's about to pop up on Channel Lines Today show as well.
Speaker 2: It's big news, Jay, it's gripping Australia. And you know what, there will be a follow on weekend today this weekend.
Speaker 5: Are you gonna cross for the dead plant? We will, They will scatter the ashes.
Speaker 6: So she did the whole show on it.
Speaker 1: The corpse plant is an actual plant.
Speaker 17: Corpse flower has blowed in the botanic gardens.
Speaker 2: Flatter space and.
Speaker 3: Well she wasn't joking, Jason, she was. Let's do the whole show on It's right.
Speaker 5: We are about to connect two icons of Geelong. One is the corpse flower that people are lining up for for hours to see. The other is the legend himself. Tom Hawkins. Tell me, good morning.
Speaker 14: Morning Hawk, Good morning guys. How are we we are?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 6: Good morning Hawk?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 6: How come you haven't been down to see the stinkiestower yet? What's going on?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 14: I've been following it live stream and obviously being updated by friends, but I will, I will get down there. I thought you got me on to talk about my retirementun tilt.
Speaker 6: No, Tom, no one cares about you in Geelong. Anymore, everyone's forgotten about you. They're all talking about the Corpse.
Speaker 14: Flower and they are. And you know how I found out about it. I was going to one of my party's classes that I've just taken up with my wife Emma, and one of the girls in there told me about the corpse sound. How must get down and check it out. So I'm planning Tuesdays my day at home with Henry and I'm playing to get down this afternoon.
Speaker 3: Hawks as a farmer, somebody who should know and appreciate what goes on in this space. I mean, what sort of impact is it having in Geelong?
Speaker 16: Well, it's huge.
Speaker 14: I mean I'm seeing I haven't been and had to look at it in the flesh, but even through the live strame you can see the number of people that are getting through and it is causing some conversations. Now I did, I went to as I said, I've been doing plarties. I've went with one former now former teammates, Max Holmes. Yep, he had no idea about it, but I think he may be the only one thing too long that doesn't know about the Courts Flower.
Speaker 6: So I'm in the greenhouse now and it actually smells a bit like a hot pilates class. To be perfectly honest, I reckon a few of you blokes in a hot pilarts class would be reminiscent of the waft that is in here.
Speaker 5: Tom. On at the races at Derby Day, your wife publicly after a few sharps ripped into you as a farmer. He tried to attempt the wago beef and you failed miserably. How do you reckon? You go grow on a few of these on the on the land.
Speaker 14: Well, I'm not sure. Ten years is a long time to wait, Jay, So I don't know if i'd be as patient as that to by By seeing the number of people that have ventured from all over Geelong the state and well we'll move sorry as Australia, come and have a look at the courts flower here in Geelong. It kind of makes sense to maybe think about it as a viable option.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can start at at your house.
Speaker 14: Tom's imagine that. Well, I definitely get you, guys.
Speaker 5: Tom was already. When you're watching the live stream and you're seeing people line up for hours and two o'clock in the morning, did it cross your mind? Are they okay? Good question?
Speaker 14: Yeah, great question. I think I'm not going to put it down to Geelong people as such, maybe more so as plant enthusiasts. But look, I get it when phenomenon has happened like this, whether it's something to do with a solar system or.
Speaker 2: To be giddy.
Speaker 14: And I think this is caused quite a stirs in and around Geelong.
Speaker 5: So guys, do we think what would have got a bigger lineup? The corpse flower or a book signing for Tom?
Speaker 2: Well, I was going to go.
Speaker 6: I was going to go with it.
Speaker 3: Maybe a statue. Maybe we could put a statue of Tom next to the corpse.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm telling you, first of all the Ablets put Geelong on the map, then it was the Hawkens, and now no one cares about any of those families. It is all about the corpse Flower. Not a single Geelong jersey down here. It's just all flower enthusiasts can see.
Speaker 5: She's always in your corner, Tom.
Speaker 14: Do you know what she is? Completely right? I got. I got called to him the other day at a at a potential we'll call a tough job interview type thing. The team that I went for and got called Tim.
Speaker 6: So yeah, rightly, rightly, you are old News Tim Hawkins.
Speaker 2: It's Tim Hawkins from Fox Footing.
Speaker 5: Let us know how that that job you turn.
Speaker 6: Congrats on the new job, gig Hawk.
Speaker 14: Thank you. Yeah, yeah, really exciting about that. Next year it's going to sort off my toe into the football world from a different lane. So I'm really looking for to it. I'll probably stumble my way through a few games from here to there, but yeah, really do you.
Speaker 2: Want to read the news on a Sunday night? It's all yours brother, Tom.
Speaker 8: Sorry, well, we're run out of time, I will say quickly, Clinton, You've done an amazing job of love watching you over over the last couple of months.
Speaker 14: Sorry reading the news.
Speaker 12: That the next I wouldn't say reading reading the news after a date the Races you saw him on and then you saw him on the Today Show on the Sunday morning after after a little karaoke turn up time.
Speaker 5: Fortunately, Tom, we've run out of time to talk about your new career. We've got to get back to the Flower.
Speaker 11: Tom.
Speaker 6: If it doesn't work out on Fox Footy, get a couple of these corpse plants in your garden and you'll draw a crowd again.
Speaker 5: The legend, Tom Hawkins join us on.
Speaker 11: All the Geelong Aricahon, thank you, Jason, Lawrence shut Sho's coming, christ to come around the corner.
Speaker 6: Just around the corner. Hasn't that snuck up on us?
Speaker 3: It has Luren and joining us this morning to win hopefully a truckload of cash.
Speaker 19: Shannon, good morning, Good morning, guys.
Speaker 5: We are good. You got three kids to make your way to smell the plant in Geelong at all?
Speaker 13: No, we did end, but I'm feeling that this isn't five minutes dearly, because I have to say, we're so happy you guys are back on the My youngest daughter wanted to talk to you guys so bad. She cried when you guys left the unnamed radio station. She loves you guys so much.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what. At the end of this, we'll get your number, and then tomorrow, when you got her in the car, give it, give us a ring, and we'll have a chat with her. After year.
Speaker 13: God, I think she will just what's her name, her names Heidi Hid.
Speaker 5: We'll get her on tomorrow and we'll say hello, Hey, Clint's about to do his best work here and shake.
Speaker 13: That shake it well?
Speaker 5: All are all thanks to sports Direct score twenty percent off your first purchase at sports direct dot com or with code SD twenty. Sport starts here, Clint.
Speaker 2: Ready, ready, brother, don't you worry? I do.
Speaker 5: I bet you you should say the biceps on his right arm.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go, first one. Okay, I've got it, ye.
Speaker 5: Bob, straight off.
Speaker 13: Amazing.
Speaker 2: I'm pleased to say you've won eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 13: Oh that's amazing. Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you well done. We will top it up as well. I'll chuck in a five hundred dollars sports Direct about you as well.
Speaker 13: That's good, so much. No, I'm so grateful.
Speaker 5: You are walking out of here with thirteen hundred dollars in your back pocket. Congrass.
Speaker 13: That's amazing. Thank you guys so very much. What's so having nights back?
Speaker 5: Hey? Hang there, we're going to grab your details so we can say Heidi daughter tomorrow. But we will be shaking the tree tomorrow as well, so keep listening out. Hey guys, we're about to get out of here.
Speaker 6: Thank you for being.
Speaker 5: A lost Your partner's worried sick about you because you spent the night at your long La on the text. Yeah, I just got a text.
Speaker 6: Is he texting? He's not texting me?
Speaker 5: Well, text me me? He texted me obviously worried sick. I hate you? Do you want to read out the text clip?
Speaker 2: I haven't seen this in it.
Speaker 6: This sounds like a conversation between you and Paul Jason. What's happened?
Speaker 2: It's pretty funny. Happy about the corpse plant. I've got a night to myself.
Speaker 3: I wish it would open once a week, to be honest, not every ten years.
Speaker 6: Oh will you tell him? He smells like the corpse plant when he wakes up in the morning. So I was happy to have a night of ways I see.
Speaker 5: I replied. Instead, I wish my wife was in the garden.
Speaker 6: I've had the best morning I've ever had since I've worked in media down here, So thanks for indulging me. Thanks. Oh that the people in Geelong are going crazy. They're all waving and cheering and they're going mad for the corpse plant.
Speaker 5: You've got about more just over two hours to get down to the Geelong Potenna Gardens to see it before this thing dies.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it'll be beautiful as it wilt's away too, So anytime you can get here. Come and get a little piece of history from Geelong guys. Come and have the hone.
Speaker 5: I think they should put that on the billboard. We're out of here. Have a great day. Melchial centers in x or Cin tomorrow. Bye, thank you.
Speaker 1: Jason Lauren Jason Lauren, wake up feeling good on number one hundred. Jason Lauren on socials,