Speaker 1: This podcast was recorded and produced on gadigal Land.
Speaker 2: We would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians and pay respect to Elder's past and present. Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention? This is my final MATHS related interview. Are they talking about me? She's like yeah, it was Australia's reactions.
Speaker 3: Paused a lot of drama and they never got it.
Speaker 4: It just went nuts.
Speaker 1: Hello and welcome back to another episode of Back to Reality. I'm Selena and I'm Chiny. She Grace Dale screens on this year. Love islence, yes, and she also won. I love her style. She's like literally the stole Queen. Yeah, like so iconic. Please welcome and mcgalie.
Speaker 3: Hi, how are you guys? Cool? Good for you. I'm so good. I'm so excited to be chatting to you.
Speaker 2: I know, I feel like we don't see you do too many chats and stuff. So I was saying, let's see she'll come on and give us live with God.
Speaker 3: This is my first podcast. Yeah, my podcast cherry stop. Wow.
Speaker 4: I love this. Also, what happened to the brows?
Speaker 1: They were no got true?
Speaker 3: We're back like two hours ago. I had a little mental breakdown and the back. But I feel like so much for myself. No, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Feel like this season of Love Island was giving brows like everyone had the best brows, especially I was staring at your brows like yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I got a lot of hate for my brows though, no matter what I do, I will just get hate for the brows.
Speaker 2: Brought a different vibe and I hate it when it saying you're so different compared to Love Island girls.
Speaker 3: No, but it's true.
Speaker 2: But like the vibe and I was like, yep, love it. Like the style even just like the clothing you wore, and just your overall vibey brought to the villa was so hadn't been seen before across like any of the like Love Island franchises.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what was the process?
Speaker 2: Like, like did you get did you apply? Did you get scattered? Talk me through how that came about.
Speaker 3: I actually maybe two months ago, like saw a DM from like twenty twenty one of me like messaging Love Island Australia being like me, but like I'm a fan of Love Island. I like didn't really watch the Australian season. I think I watched make maybe the first and second but like Love the UK, Love Last Year USA season, so like, I don't know. I always thought i'd be really entertaining for reality TV, not to toot my own hole, but like, yeah, just the whole experience. So I I followed like a lot of casting produced like cast on Instagram, saw that they were casting DMed one of them, and then I started filling out my application and stopped because like, far too much admin. And then no, it's a lot like what do you mean you need to know everything about much? And then I got a call from yeah, one of the casting people, and they were like, hey, like we really want to send you to the audition. Can you play? Is like fill out your application? And I was like, honestly, like far too much admin, but like I'll try. And then yeah, so it's kind of a bit of both, like kind of like me reaching out but them reaching out.
Speaker 4: So yeah, okay, do you ever think that you would win it?
Speaker 3: No? I thought I would literally go on and be like ill, I don't like anyone, I don't get along with anyone, and then leave crazy.
Speaker 1: So yeah, because it was pre recorded, so like you had to record your win?
Speaker 2: Can you talk?
Speaker 3: This is awkward?
Speaker 2: So different to what like UK do and what I think they did before. So you guys correct us if you're if we're wrong. Pre record separate endings as if you've won, and then they play the one that is the winner and you watch it live.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, that's correct. Three times because I would not take it seriously. I was like not giving enough because I'm like I I feel like if you're acting and you have a role you can tap in, Like acting as you're self just felt so weird. So yeah, we had to film. I was three times to me and she was like, if you win, like Australia's gonna want to see you, like be excited. I turned to Sophie and I was like, oh wow. She was like babe, we're gonna need some more. So yeah, three times and the third time I was like, I'm just gonna have to go so over the top, take the piss, yeah, like make a joke out of it. And they were like perfect, that's a wrap. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Literally, who were the random people in the background.
Speaker 3: Oh my god? Like crew?
Speaker 2: Oh that was the crew.
Speaker 3: So it's like the Islanders. I think there were quite a lot of Islanders that were still in Spain at that point. Yeah, those guys, and then yeah, the crew that worked on the show the whole time, which is really cute. That's yeah, it was so nice to have that moment with everyone.
Speaker 2: So you're literally watching it live and then you find out you yeah.
Speaker 3: Because they literally closed the boat like two minutes before or something, which so they quite literally have all three videos like ready to go or maybe not actually if they can see the boat, and they're like.
Speaker 2: If it's like, I'll want to know what the vote split would have been, because you were obviously the reason why you wont let's figure. I was like because I was like, no matter, and I just remember when I was watching it because I am getting Love Love Islands one of my favorite shows to watch, and I was also part of like fuck I wish her and Tay just like made it work because I feel like that was like easy win. And then when like old mate came in, I was like, I'm not sure, and then I was like, yeah, she's still got in the bag. But it was so funny because I'm like, I wonder what the actual like split would have been in terms of the votes and like how close it was between you, like, because I was shocked at Mimi and Steph leaving so soon because I was like, I was it didn't make sense.
Speaker 3: No, I was like, you guys are so messed up.
Speaker 1: So when you respectful when you win there, like how long does it take for you to get this grand prize money?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Oh, like actually quite fast? And it was like the next week, and I was like slowly yeah, And I was like, am I going to be like tax a bunch of money? But it's like, you know, yeah, the loopholes, etc. Yeah, yeah, so yeah, real fast.
Speaker 2: What was the first thing that you bought with your price money?
Speaker 3: Oh? I bought like the shittiest old nineteen ninety six camera wagon.
Speaker 2: Oh I saw that. No, that's cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's my fourth one. I have like a slight obsession.
Speaker 2: Okay, cute.
Speaker 4: You love this.
Speaker 1: So your style is obviously very different from the other girls.
Speaker 4: How did you feel about that?
Speaker 3: I like being different? Yeah, so like sligh. Yeah I knew it was gonna Yeah, I knew that was going to be the case going on. But I also feel like it's just my style is so personal to me, and like I literally started drifting clothes and buying vintage and wearing vintage when I was like fourteen because I hated walking down the street and seeing everybody in the same outfits, like that is my idea of hell, so yeah, I don't want to. Yeah, it was a slave for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was. I really like the fashion this year. I feel like the girls and I love when you can see so she's the boys. There was that one shirt that they all my god, literally.
Speaker 3: I'm like shirt, yeah, yeah, Taylor, all the boys Seriously, they'd be like, Pipa Taylor, what do we wear tonight?
Speaker 2: I was like that shirt I'm sick of seeing. It was like do they have no.
Speaker 3: They didn't though, yeah, but the boy yeah, yeah, I remember.
Speaker 4: Our was the same.
Speaker 1: After he went off Maths, he went onto Love Island straight away and he had like no clothes.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: He was just a lot on that.
Speaker 1: But like, because I was staring at your ear rings all season and you were today so iconning, I was like, oh my god, I'm so influenced.
Speaker 4: I went on and they're so expensive.
Speaker 3: They are, yeah, but they're so nice. They are mem and Sophie would always be in like a conversation and they'd just be like sooning out looking at my I'd be like love trying to.
Speaker 2: Get something out of you.
Speaker 3: Guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're really pretty love heart ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you know if you know you know? Yeah. No. And Mellie Savage, I like had been wearing her pieces for so long. She sent me a lot after the show as well, which I'm like, that's so nice. Well, I love and I love this about you because I obviously watching I kind of got a vibe for who you are as a person in terms of like ethics, which sounds so stupid.
Speaker 2: Watching someone of the show, I was like, Yeah, she's one of those girlies. She's a thrift girlie. She's not going to be out here doing a plt edit. I was like, I just knew the vibes. And then I think seeing like your content and like the brands you've chosen to work with, and like, that's been really refreshing to see because I feel like when you go, you kind of get thrust into this influencer space right off the back of a show. You get followers, it's this whole thing. But I think it's really nice to see someone stick to what they believe it and they're like, no, like I think I saw a TikTok you posted on the So Familiar account, it was like the lady gargot, I don't want to be friends, and it was I'm gonna buy it from she.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that was love. I took a no. I was like, I just cannot deal with any trolls today, like I'm not faintally Yeah, but like pop off, Yeah no seriously, Yeah, it really that hit the wrong side of TikTok.
Speaker 2: I will say, yeah, no, but we love, we love So familiar, gorgey real obviously going into it. What was your kind of expectations going into the show and did you experience anything that you didn't you weren't prepared for, or anything that like kind of shocked you about being a part of it, because for us, it's very different because you guys are filmed twenty four seven. With us, it's really like except for the dinner parties and commitment ceremonies, it's like an hour a day of like doing a task or something, so you have a lot of off screen time. So I think I always find it funny with Love Island because you can't really argue the edit because you guys are been filmed all the time as asked, we can, but you are monitored twenty four seven. There's cameras everywhere. You cannot say it was like, I just don't think that argument flies. Yeah, talk through taught me through that.
Speaker 3: Well. Yeah, I guess there's like a lot of content. It is kind of hard to have that portray somebody a different way obviously. Like the environment is insane though, because you are filmed twenty four to seven, Like your emotions truly are so heightened, and you're just in this little melting pot of like everybody else's emotions. So yeah, I mean in some people it doesn't bring out the best in others, Like I don't think. I feel like I had a pretty good understanding of what I was getting myself into and like, yeah, I wouldn't say I really had any surprises, but yeah, I didn't really have any expectations throughout the whole process. Like even when I was casting, I was like, I don't want to get my hopes up. I don't know what can happen. But yeah, obviously it was the best outcome I want. Yes, thank you.
Speaker 2: Craze actually crazy because I think you go into those like I think as well, because you actually to win a prize with us, it's like you win love.
Speaker 3: Wait, that's actually crazy.
Speaker 2: No, you literally get nothing. So it's tea super trauma. But it's it's funny that it can be this. I like the element of like the public being involved and a question, are the superfans real?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I want to be it and but I want to be a part of those decisions.
Speaker 3: How fun would that be?
Speaker 2: Like sod I was like, there's no way. And just like the instigating of the super fans, I was like, it's.
Speaker 3: Giving producers, it's giving producers. Look, I don't know for sure. I have my suspicions. You need I say more.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's interesting and I wish there was that element. I like that public interaction element of love and that's why I think I love it does so well in the UK and the US if you get the audience to like vote, and I love that. I think that that's such a key part that's maybe missing from Maps, but Maps is in its own crazy world. But I love I love that it's like the publicetta choose who they want to. Yeah, Like that must feel sick to feel like everyone wanted you to win and you want.
Speaker 3: Like, Yeah, it's kind of hard to wrap your head around, but like nice things.
Speaker 2: And how has life been like after? Because when did you finish wrapping up?
Speaker 3: We finished filming like mid September? Oh wow, okay, and then it finished airing like mid December. Question.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, dothing like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, so yeah honestly, and we were casting in like June or man, it's quite like so it took up my whole year seriously, like such a filming from start to finish, because it's like, not that only three weeks. What No, I'm not even kidding you guys. Three weeks that's my lady was like two months. No, so I think I went into the villa like mid August. By maybe the eighth of September, I was back home. Oh my god, no it yeah. I don't know if that means so dragged out?
Speaker 2: No, I know, And it's really I would find it obviously, like in from our experience, you're in the experiment for three months, it's very easy to form a connection. When you're with someone twenty four to seven, it's easy to fall in love. Whereas that I just struggle to understand how you can build relationships in that setting. First of all, but in such a short period of time and in the pressure. Like I always say, like, obviously love watching Love Island, but those challenges and stuff freak me out and they just like I don't know how like I don't know the confidence to do that stuff. And then it's like that on top of like having to like go and like graft and like I was.
Speaker 3: Like, no, it's not for me, ill, it's ill. Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: I feel like this season, you had a lot of strong characters.
Speaker 3: Oh one hundred percent. I think they cast our season incredibly. Yeah, like it was me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was giving season one of Love Island. Like a lot of people in terms of the drama, I was hooked.
Speaker 2: Like every episode it was like, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what it was though, I think because you haven't seen maybe me or me me on a show like that before, and those kind of those kinds of me. Yeah, those people no paired with, you know, maybe the stereotypical Love Island girls and guys. Like that's why there was so much of a kind of divide and there was drama and it wasn't manufactured. It really did feel like the worst thing in the world or the biggest thing at the time. But like yeah, because it was like like it was giving bitchy.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie, but I love that.
Speaker 3: Like I've like just like.
Speaker 2: The little little kind of pop shots and arguments between the girls. I'm like it was just even the tea of like bringing Hannah back and I'm just like, there's no way, like, there's no so good.
Speaker 3: No, it's like characters.
Speaker 2: I always say characters. I feel like it's a character arc that you are betrayed a but like obviously to you.
Speaker 3: Guys, yeah, it was so it was just so good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, like speaking of divide, this this beef is real, Like what's happening now?
Speaker 4: Are you guys?
Speaker 3: Wait with who?
Speaker 1: Just with your the cart? Like, are you guys still beefing? As as an audience, as a TikToker on TikTok, it.
Speaker 2: Looks like it's U and M wait I am, I mean I'm you and me and then who I don't know, and then there's like the boys what it just looks like there's like I don't know, like there's like the boys, Hannah is hanging os a divide between like the girls, like you're not all also like in the house, how it was like you guys and it was I think it was like, so you Sophie and me me, yeah, the other girls, you know what, though not a thing anymore, you know, like I don't like, I don't care, but I do feel like why I said what I said when I was on the show, which was like, respectfully, like we don't all have to be best friends.
Speaker 3: We can get along. That to me is a very mature to not just push everything aside, because not only like are we just different people, but like there were some nasty things said in the modem, which I understand, but like we don't all have to be best friends and you know, hold hands. Yeah, And then after the show, like, yeah, we don't really have a friendship or a relationship. Like if I were to see any of the girls, I would like obviously be nice and say hello and stuff like that, and like I don't, I don't not give a fuck about them, like I all hope, yeah, I wish them well, but like, yeah, I was I don't know. I think that just validates like myself and being like that's what I was feeling. Yeah, yeah for sure, and I was right, and like, yeah, I remember because it was quite divided when you said that in the response to the worst I was like, I fully agreed because I even felt this, like I don't I am friends with some of the girls from my season, but I didn't feel like connection on the show, and I didn't really feel like I had friends. And I was like, actually, I feel like nine even send these people aren't my people. Yeah, it's okay, but it upset me. At first, I'm like, fuck, am I a loser? And like, no one wants to be my friend?
Speaker 2: Like but then I'm like, no, Actually, if I think of the outside world, I would never ever be in a room with the people and I probably wouldn't pursue friendships with them. And that's not like to say I'm better, it's not. It's just like we just have different views on life, we have different perspectives. And I feel like that I related to that because I was like, yeah, that's that's facts, and it was very clear on like watching it that you were just not the same people at all, like.
Speaker 3: Like a single no, Like, yeah, I would just never be around like I would just never be in like an environment like where would where we would like coexist for sure? You know what I mean? And that obviously is what La Violin does. It brings people from all over and puts you in a house and it's like a little social experiment. Yea, but yeah, I don't know. I think by that point i'd just gotten a bit ftter because I was really no seriously though, because I was really trying to, you know, make everybody happy and like ben of the backwards and like really make sure everybody was okay, and like, yeah, when I would have my like confessionals, the producers were like, what are you trying to do this for? Like just it's like you're not doing things or like having certain chats with people or like pursuing certain people because like you feel bad and you don't want to like disrupt everything because it's already a little uncomfortable. But yeah, yeah, it's so it's so interesting, like you see these and you watch the dynamics like play out like we saw it on TV, and I was like, oh, like you think I think, like what I've done in that situation, I personally could never do a show like that because I don't want to like fight for someone's attention.
Speaker 2: I think that's icky. Yeah, And I'm just like no, But it's just funny how like savage it can be because you just like have to step on people's toes in that environment, you just have to be like I want to be with them, I'm gonna like shoot my shop. Yeah, and that's like scarce. I'm not a forward person like I would someone and like never never, never, never saw that. It feels like then you're like force the moment you have to.
Speaker 3: It's like but you know what, Like I will say, I totally relate to that, and like I don't even date, Like I'm not, like I'm sometimes on dating apps just to like have a sticky bee, but like I don't. Yeah, I don't date. I don't pursue people. If I think somebody is like attractive outside, then like I'll like stare at them and try and make eye contact like I'm so I'm like I'm scared. Yeah, I'm just a girl. But when you are in that environment, like something just comes over you and everybody's in the same situation, so it kind of just makes it feel okay. So yeah, you can go on Love Island.
Speaker 1: But speaking of dating, I've been following you on TikTok and you shared this video and I was captivated the moment you spoke about you in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Yeah, someone Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: You were sure if you were going to post this video. It was kind of like watch this space, so.
Speaker 3: Glad that you did.
Speaker 2: Can you give us this is like is this exciting? And have you dated? Have you dated anyone but men before?
Speaker 3: So I've always been interested in girls. I have never done anything about it except for like set my hinge to men at Women's Relatable. Yeah, but yeah, as I said, I also don't date or go on date, so like that kind of falls into all of that for sure. And I'm very much like all of the people I've dated in the past, I don't know, six to eight years, like I've met them randomly in person. Yeah, yeah, so I don't know. Yeah, I met this girl in Melbourne. There was a bit of a vibe. I actually did that thing, like I was just staring at her like willing hortelepathically to come and talk to me, and she didn't really get the message. It was a bit too late. But like as soon as I met her, I was like me, me, I just met my No, I'm dramatic though, like we'll see. I also don't want to get married, so I'm like hell yeah, yeah, but yeah, she came and say with me for like five days and yeah, it was really cute and I think I'm gonna go to Melbourne and see her this weekend. Cute. So there's update.
Speaker 2: Hot off the press labels on things, yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, but you would call your what would you pand sexual?
Speaker 3: Sexual? Yeah, just like open to everyone open. I like that.
Speaker 2: It's so interesting because I think your whole and I've like I related to that as well because I've always found women attractive, like I find I think women are more attractive than men period. I've never looked at a woman being like gross, but like no, I do, like maybe I don't like her. So it's interesting. So then when I like had been on dates with women, it felt more easy and it didn't feel like it just felt different, and I thought it was. So it just feels like you're making a friend and there's no this like layer of like expectation or like scariness to it that I feel like when you go on dates and men there's there does feel that, So it's really interesting and it's like, and I say, with my girlfriends, we go through this like same experience. Like one of my girlfriends just res like h's She's like oh, I'm just gonna be interested. Let me just change my hing. And she's like now like actively like.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: That is just to see like oh okay, because we'll chat and be like, oh, she's really like this girl's cute. I was like, yeah, dude, like yeah, like just see what the vibes are like. Because you've only ever been dated men and it's been a pretty bad experience.
Speaker 3: So I will say, like, I feel like it's really hard, like I've questioned myself so much, like and I'm sure you can probably relate to like somebody who's always stated men and it's like, am I really like normal? Yeah? Like no, but I always thought like when I was kind of younger, like a teenager and stuff, I was like, oh, like I'm bisexual. Yeah, like and then I've always kind of maintained like I'm by curious at least, but you kind of gaslight yourself a bit when you like get to an age like I turned twenty eight this year, I'd never dated a woman, and I was like, am I am I just stray? Yeah, but like I don't know. I will say I don't think that straight people have thoughts about women like that, although I want to you're not so true. I just don't think that hetero people do that, so that it's like.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't fit into that mold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like I've only ever dated men, but I went to an all girl Catholic school. Oh god, okay, you're right, Oh you've got But my first ever kiss was with a girl.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: Very cruel intentions, Oh my god, toilets. No, actually was in the music rooms. It was all sound proof, more that famness.
Speaker 4: And then there was a period.
Speaker 1: Where I was single for like seven years, and within that time, I had hooked up with more girls than guys. Oh, and I have to say, like, girls are way better kisses down Yeah, like I feel likes, not that they're bad kisses, but I feel like it takes a few kisses or.
Speaker 2: They just don't really care. Yeah all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but girls just get it, get it, get it straight away.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, no, it's no. But it's so when I saw that, I was like, oh my god, wow, because obviously, like I feel like I can just always tell when a girllypop.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I was like, no, Dug, I might look at me and I don't care. The comments and comments.
Speaker 2: Literally, but it's so funny that I think I really like the way you broke it down. And I was piercing at the nails like oh my god, because like I feel like I was like, oh my god, like that's so fucking funny, and I feel like everyone kind of got that straight, like you only get it if you.
Speaker 3: Know exactly, and like all the comments were like what are black nails mean? Like I don't get it, and like no they look at the lean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like let's just know that was great. No, that's exciting. I'm excited for that journey that to see.
Speaker 3: What the vibes are, like you would vibes like it is just so different and so nice and so comfortable.
Speaker 2: I feel like you also give Melbourne vibes. You don't give any you don't give bond I vibe. I know, like it's giving you town Soden. You said that. I was like, Okay, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: I want to quickly ask, because now that you have I wouldn't say come out even though you did. You know what, if someone is curious or they know within themselves what they identify as, but they come from like a really strict family background and culture that doesn't allow that, like, what advice.
Speaker 4: Would you give to someone else?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I feel like that's a lot of baby gay shoulders.
Speaker 1: But think of Mini m what she would want to hear.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what, though, I feel like I can't really relate to that because when I posted that on the internet, I just assumed that everybody would be like, oh, yeah, chill. But they've had messages from like some of my family being like, oh my god, it's so proud of you, and I was like, wait what yeah, and they're like for the video. I was like, oh, like it's no biggie, Like I thought everyone knew and like you're all good. I didn't really realize that it was like such a big sument because I was like, it's just so I don't know. I was like, it's not a big deal. But to anyone out there, I don't know. I feel like that's so tricky. I mean, at the end of the day, you would hope that your family will love and support you no matter what. Yeah, and hopefully you have a relationship with them that you can be like open and trust them. Yeah. But yeah, I mean, if you know it in your self to be true, definitely explore it and like be authentic to yourself. Yeah, I feel like, yeah.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: I think it's hard. There's a lot of pressure when it comes to it. I feel like when especially and I find this, and I think it's like not the toxic side of it, but I think there's also the pressure because you're like a bit curious, you're not sure. I think like girls that are like straight lesbian kind of can be a bit off that because they're like, oh, you just kind of use me as an experiment or it's really hard, and then I don't want to feel like I'm like I don't know, I'm missing anyone around because you're just trying to like see the vibes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like that.
Speaker 2: And that's a conversation I have with my girlfriends as well, because you're like, oh, but like this is like my first time, Like I don't know if someone's gonna be okay with it or like whatever, And it actually is a bit of a barrier for something like quite a few of my girlfriends because they're like, oh no, like they're gonna judge because I've never gone a date before or whatever. Because it's like it is a thing within the community, a little bit.
Speaker 3: But I also feel like that might be a bit of a like stereotype for sure, because I definitely felt that way and that was one of my concerns like before kind of pursuing this sure girl, and I was like, I don't want her to think that I'm just experimenting, because like I it's not a nice feeling, no, And I like, but that wasn't what it was for me. Like I had such a good vibe with her connecsion and like we were facetiming all the time of voiceoating, so I'm like, I know that it's just going to be fine. Yeah, yeah, but yeah, we had conversations about it because she was like have you dated girls before? And I was kind of just honest and like talked it through all my feelings and like the pan thing. Yeah, and she was like incredible, like amazing, like thanks for being open and honest and like it wasn't a thing for her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So yeah, I feel like if you're feeling that way and you're kind of apprehensive because you don't, I don't know, it's communicated. I guess just communicate it and like, yeah, it might not be a big deal. For everyone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I love it. I think this is very important.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Back in my day, thing like no one really spoke about it. Yeah, Like I feel like now like I reckon every second Netflix series has like yeah it's yeah, yeah, very open to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 4: Just good for it.
Speaker 2: In terms of obviously didn't find love in the end, but in terms of the friendships that you built, like told me through who you keep in touch with your besties. I love seeing you and Tay like the cl jove because he you know, I met him and I was very like, don't know how I feel about you, because I did like the way you act in the villa, and I was very apprehensive and I actually was like a bit hesitant to meet him because I was like, I'm actually pissed off with some of the stuff and I was like no, no. And then I met him and I was like, oh, wow, you're actually like really cool, really nice, like really soft spoken. I actually had a lot of time for him, and he was lovely, and I was like, okay, like I never like to judge a book by its cover anyway, but you do see, like you see you don't agree with how you handled that situation. But he yeah, was lovely, and so it's nice thing that you guys have like had this.
Speaker 3: Like friendship by I love Taylor. He's like, yeah, one of the people I'm closest to, like after the show and yeah, as I said, like we were only filming for three weeks, like it's not that bigger, but like it's actually just so not that deep, and then yeah, I think we just needed a little minimo. But I saw him. I went to America for a month, like five days after I got home from Yeahcho no, but Psycho, I was like, yeah.
Speaker 2: I was was that planned?
Speaker 3: It was planned my best friend. Yeah, we'd like pushed it back or like postponed it because it was gonna be while I was away. Yeah, but I like got back in the day after I got back from America, like Taylor and like everybody was there, and then it just went back to like how we were at the beginning, which was really nice. I'm obviously like best friends with me. Yeah, yeah, I did find love in the villa with me. And then I would say, like Zane, I have a lot of time for I love him so much and it's so funny.
Speaker 2: I always was watched him was like bab you just have no idea.
Speaker 3: He's so funny with him, yeah, none.
Speaker 2: Really dumb though he's not was giving no one's home. Yeah that's what he was giving.
Speaker 3: Look, I love mu Zane, but like you know, he is a little like he's he's aware of it though, right, he's like twenty four. Oh okay, No, Look he's just a little slow sometimes, but he knows that about himself and he he's a self away king.
Speaker 4: He reminds me of like my match from Mathea.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, see similarities there. Where's he from?
Speaker 3: Like Gold Coast? Yeah, Jack, he's very god cost Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: I just Gold Coast people is not like not a line, Oh my god, neither at all. But love that. Love that for you, Okay, so saying yet love that?
Speaker 3: And then Tommy he's I love Tommy.
Speaker 2: He's like the egg thing creeps me out. I simply like that's yeah.
Speaker 3: Like eating chick. No, it's so roasted, figure it out, but like hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah ye.
Speaker 3: Money, Yeah, I can't even remember who else was on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that's that's about it.
Speaker 1: I've been Mimi and Steph Wood together and they got I don't know, yes, okay, so much question about this.
Speaker 2: They were called like the biggest clout chases of the show. Yeah, thoughts on that, and who do you actually think would be like if you want to share? Because that was like a bit hectic.
Speaker 3: I don't like what I just never understood with that was like they both have a following. Yeah, if anybody was clout chasing, like sure it would be somebody that yeah, didn't already have a following and like would walk away with something with Yeah. So I'm like cloud where I don't know. I guess like let's all be honest. Going on a reality show in twenty twenty five of twenty twenty four, we're or there for fucking cloud babes is like, let's let's be honest. I act like you're better than No, I like, don't pretend that you were not here. No, you didn't. I just can't deal with that narrative of like, oh, like you're doing this for clout. It's like, and why do you post on the fucking internet like let's all your social media Like if you truly did not do it for Clout.
Speaker 2: Don't go on get rid of it.
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, Like it's actually just it really frustrates me.
Speaker 2: No, I fully agree that it's I'm always like and what, Yeah.
Speaker 3: There's nothing wrong with it. There's nothing wrong with clout. So it's like everyone literally all of us, and if anybody denies it, you're a liar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, facts.
Speaker 2: Did mercees he was on f boy Island because that was like, oh yeah, no Heraz and that came up in conversation day.
Speaker 3: One, nine one when he came in, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so sorry, was he an F boy? I didn't. I didn't watch it, so it was an.
Speaker 3: F boy twice twice?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but I think he was a good guy in one boy for.
Speaker 3: Both Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Really, Okay, I know this unpopular opinion, but I think reality TV is for the girlies. I think it's embarrassing if guys.
Speaker 3: Come I know, three times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's a lot. Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just wanted to clarify that because I know everybody knew. So if you actually recognized him night one when we're in the kitchen and she was like, what are you want? Foy Island and he was just straight up like you, But I think, yeah, no, of course I actually watched. I would have watched this season as well. I have no recollection of it. I have ADHD, so basically my memory gets wiped like every twenty four hours, so like yeah, but yeah, no, I think it was just like a network thing, like they couldn't speak about Foy Island. Yeah, yeah, accomplished. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's the same as like with Massive seen people from batchy Yeah, yeah, other stuff and then it's never mentioned. Yeah, and then he just comes out in the drama after the Yeah.
Speaker 1: See that already left me a bit like questionable with him. But then after the show wrapped up, the way he was carrying on online, I was like, oh my god, like flexing that he had won three reality TV shows. I don't know, it was a lot.
Speaker 4: It was who's this man?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, one knows, no, No, I'm trying.
Speaker 2: To think of what other tea I want to ask, super random because you spoke about getting migraines.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Yes. So I was.
Speaker 1: On the pill for ten years and I went off of it after Levlin DK. Yeah, and then after the show, because I wasn't getting any anymore, I was like, I'm going to go off and I'm going to let my body like you know, singing cleans. But now when I like the week before my period, I get these fucking horrendous migraines.
Speaker 2: What is going on?
Speaker 1: And I've never had them before? And you were saying something on your TikTok about your migraines.
Speaker 3: Ye us, I've been getting I've been getting migraines for like almost ten years. Oh yeah, like chronic. Yes, So now I've been through I've tried maybe two of the more hectic preventatives cameurologists, and now I'm on something called a JOVI, which is like a rejection you inject yourself once a month and that helps quite a bit. Like I've had a migraine in the past two days. I'm feeling okay today, but it's just like, yeah.
Speaker 4: It's messed up.
Speaker 3: It's so debilitated it is, and it's like it's an invisible illness as well. Yeah, so it's really hard, honestly, Like before finding this medication I'm on now, I would not have been able to do the show. I wouldn't be able to travel overseas, I wouldn't be able to have I quit my full time job like like a long time ago now, but because I just like couldn't function in your life. But yeah, I mean maybe go see a doctor. I mean around your period tracks because of the like the change in hormoments. Yeah, but like there is like kind of things that you can take, like on the onset of one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, does it hurt the needle a tiny one or no.
Speaker 3: It's pretty small.
Speaker 2: It hurts more if you don't like let it, you know, because that something about it, like it can't it's stored in the fridge.
Speaker 3: But if you don't let it warm up a bit to room temp, it will really hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's not too bad. I mean I'm covered in tattoo, so like I'm kind of cool with needles. I'm not psychol like looking at the blood being taken out of my arm.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And did you do that on the show as well?
Speaker 2: Did you have that when you were filming?
Speaker 3: No, So you can either inject yourself monthly or you can do like three shots in one go and that will like keep you going for three months. So I didn't. Oh that's great, Yeah, because.
Speaker 2: I always think like, sorry, random TANGI by the migraine. But like when you guys, cause you don't know what time it is, right, you just like yeah, going in there.
Speaker 3: Was actually a hack when you had your phones on the charging top, it came up with the time, so we did know the time. And also when you're in that environment, I feel like I just had such a strong sense of time, like I would like us like yes, but I'd like know what time it was, and I was never far off. Oh yeah, so like you do have more of a concept of time. But I think that was only this year. Okay, yeah, because.
Speaker 2: I find it interesting how they just like wake you up with those like bright lights and that looks looks.
Speaker 3: No, it's actually it should be illegal.
Speaker 2: Was there anything else like behind the scenes, like that production stuff that you feel like the viewers don't know that you can share with us, like any think that you're kind of like, oh that.
Speaker 1: Was I didn't expect that because for me, the consent button thing was new.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was cool, wasn't Yeah.
Speaker 1: He was saying how he used to have to get the marc and you'd have to.
Speaker 2: And then go back under the sheep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but now you.
Speaker 1: Have like an actual button button okay your bed head and with the little neon love hut.
Speaker 3: That's probably really good like for content as well, yes, like scandalous, Yeah, I mean what else happened, just like the fact that we would talk to all the time over the like overhead voice Seekers, the Voice of God, which was a lot of the time. Yeah, my favorite human ever, Matt. He was like absolutely iconic. But we'd always get in trouble for like singing, yeah and I'm singing songs twenty four seven stuff. No yeah, no commercial music please, no commercial music. I don't know. I feel like everything else you're pretty clued into. We have like catered lunch every day.
Speaker 2: We never see you, I know, you never see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah we don't. Actually, yeah, no we do. We'd like get broken up into girls and boys like not very like we were right there. Yeah, and then kind of just like serve ourselves food. We had lunch I don't know, around like one or something every day and the dinner at like seven. But yeah, no one wants to see you eat on television. Yeah, true. Yeah.
Speaker 2: My favorite like seasons of like the UK Love Island is when they're like smoking seas like that is like I'm so I want to do that's what they do there. Get early, very early one arguing having like smoking a cigarette like ful eating, like it's just it feels more organic and yeah, it just was like TV.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Yeah, because it was very like they did not have the protocols they have in places. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: And also question on alcohol, is it very much one drink a night kind of.
Speaker 3: Thing, one drink of the night unless something like really fucked it's gonna happen or it's going to be really late. Yes, but then you'll only get two. I didn't drink. I think I had to drinks the whole time because I was luky sober before.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't drink drink my store.
Speaker 2: I don't want to like an idiot. And during like the lunch breaks and stuff, are you to speak to each other.
Speaker 3: So you can, but like we're always with like we have a chaperone and that's probably one of the villa producers and they will like always get in there if you're talking about like contact. Sure, yeah, yeah, because that's obviously like why the boys and the girls were kind of split up like something the lound droom. The boys are in the kitchen. Yeah, just because then things are going to be missing. If I don't know we're talking, we start filming again and doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: No, totally.
Speaker 1: And do you think you'll go on any other reality TV shows.
Speaker 3: Kay, I don't know if i'd be a good UK girly. I think like Australia was like perfect, just yeah, like it worked, but I think the UK would be like who the fuck is this? Like it's too much? But you know, never say never, I'm another show to it?
Speaker 2: Would you do another show?
Speaker 3: I tell you what I'm obsessed with. I think this is pretty niche. But Summer House, do you know.
Speaker 2: I think my sister watches it.
Speaker 3: Actually, oh my god, I'm obsessed with, like actually obsessed such an iconic queen. But I think kind of a style of show like that where you're all kind of they like live in New York, go to the Hampton's every weekend for the summer and it's like the big group of friends. Yeah, and like because they are filming like twenty four seven as well, Like it's kind of that style of filming. Ye. I think that would be really nice and you can kind of just do whatever you want and like, yeah, I love that. I know, so manifesting some house.
Speaker 2: Jus So what next for m Yeah, honestly, I don't know.
Speaker 1: We're still looking for love or a bit like we are now healing error.
Speaker 3: Look, I would say like most of the time when I'm single, I am like open to love, but it's not really something that is a priority to me. I just want to focus on my career, like doing social media stuff and then yeah, like acting, modeling, all the things. But yeah, just like, I honestly feel like my life hasn't really changed at all post Filler because I'm still doing everything I was doing before that, but just on like a bit of a bigger level, which is nice. Yeah, but yeah, stay tuned and more travel. I like need to get out of Australia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me, me and I was literally on the couch yesterday and I was like, should we go to Coachella because I.
Speaker 2: Think I'm like you go, I think I am. We need to last minute Okay, we'll chat off.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's very last minute, neither and they're expensive, but I'm like, there's so many people that I've kind of connected with after having our social media back, but I want to go and meet Yeah.
Speaker 2: You want to do and you're such a coach oll girly like in the rock in the rock.
Speaker 3: No, I think it would be so fun, but yeah, very last minute we'll see what we can make happen. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well one last.
Speaker 1: Question, y, have you had anyone exciting slide into your d M? No?
Speaker 3: I feel like the girls don't get anyone exciting it is, right, I don't know. Oh this is not like a boy or whatever. But Serena who won Love Island USA, Like I had d MS from her in like November being like I'm obsessed with you, You're iconic blah blah blah, and she was like I watched last season of you as and I was like obsessed with Yeah, she was my fave. So I'm like love her yeah ce yeah, oh my god. And oh maybe I shouldn't say this. Mishad's ex as well from f Way Island, Like so now I'm like friends with her, Like when I go to LA, I'm gonna see her.
Speaker 2: No, I love being friends with the Yeah yeah wow. Well, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I've loved that little chat.
Speaker 3: I loved the early chat love thank you, thank you,